Author Topic: Was It Worth It?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Was It Worth It?
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:42 PM »

Five Days Ago…

Misty walks out of the front door of her and Spike’s home.  She takes in a deep breath, and feels the warmth of the sun beating down on her face.  She looks to their mailbox, noticing the door is open on it.  Odd, considering the mail man was already here for the day and she got the mail not long after.  She walks out to the mailbox, and when she peaks inside, she sees a small white envelope inside, addressed to her.  The handwriting looks familiar.  She opens the envelope and pulls out a letter…from Kittie.  She stands there in shock for a few minutes as she reads the entire letter.  She almost looks on the verge of tears as she heads back inside.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I’ve never had many friends at any point in my life.  When I was younger, I was never much of a family woman, either.  I did whatever the hell I wanted to, without caring who it effected at any given time.  I was very much an independent person.  I had an older sister and a younger sister, but I only focused on myself, without regard to what it did to my family.  Ultimately, it led to my younger sister, Desiree, hating my guts at one point, but at the time, I didn’t care.  I was extremely selfish.  Then I met Spike, and it all changed.

I’m sitting alone in our basement, where our entertainment room has been set up.  It still needs work, but right now it’s the one place in the house where I can get some peace and quiet to think some things over.

After I met Spike back in GXW, I was able to put my selfish ways aside and allowed myself to have a relationship with my sister’s.  Desiree and I put our differences aside and truly tried to have a sisterly bond.  Hell, I even managed to get over this anger and resentment I felt towards my father when I learned he had a whole different life while he was still married to my mother, and fathered another kid..my sister, Dixie.  I went and found Dixie, told her the truth, and to this day, I don’t regret it.  She may have a completely different personality than me, but her whole life she grew up thinking she was an only child, and I gave her what she always wanted.  Sisters.  And besides…she’s not so bad once you look past her blonde tendencies.

So why, when I never really had friends, am I so torn up about this?  I could just say ‘who cares?’ and move on and focus on being who I am.

I tried having friends in GXW, but it just never really worked out for me.  When I first signed the contract, I was hanging around these two crazy chicks by the name of Natalie and Rose.  Big mistake.  They caused a lot of trouble, and in the short time they were there, they held me back from my full potential.  They ended up leaving, and that’s when I joined forces with Electra Blaze and Rage.  Once again, that didn’t last long and I turned my back on them, and we all went our separate ways.  It was better for all of us, honestly.  Rage found his true calling, turning into the Sin of Wrath and joining forces with the Seven Deadly Sins, and Electra…well, I’m not too sure whatever happened to Electra.  She’s probably finally in prison for arson or something for all I know.  Anyway, back to my point.  Besides Spike…I never gave a crap about any friendship that came my way.

I lean back on the sofa, crossing my right leg over my left.  I fold my arms across my chest, and just stare at the letter, sitting on the coffee table.  Why am I letting this bother me so much?

My friendship with Kittie hasn’t been one where I would describe her as my ‘BFF’.  We’ve had our differences, and we’re not the type of friends who tell each other everything we do every single day of the week.  We’ve been on good terms, considering we’re both wrestlers and have the same goals, really.  Sure, I may have accomplished a lot so far, but what is wrong with wanting to be successful?  I know Kittie wants it just as bad, and I understand that longing.  But this letter she wrote me?  Does she really feel this way?

I grab the letter that Kittie left in our mail box just a few days ago.  I’ve read it over and over and over again since she left it.  It’s been bothering me for days, and I’m only torturing myself by reading it yet again.

She thinks that she will never hold such accolades as I do because I won’t let her?  How the hell can she think that?!  No offense to Kittie, but does she really think I’m stupid enough to just LET someone win?  No.  If she wants to beat me…she has to BEAT me.  If I was going to let her win, I wouldn’t have gotten my shoulder up at the last possible second when she nearly had me pinned.  I respect Kittie and I want her to have an accomplished career, but I REFUSE to just let her win.

I slowly read the letter once again, forever etching into my brain each and every word Kittie said.  It still boggles me!

It seems like Kittie got quite a lot off of her chest with this letter.  I really had no idea she felt this way.  I always thought she always told me what was on her mind as far as I was concerned, but apparently not.  Maybe I was wrong in assuming we had a mutual respect for one another?  Maybe I was wrong to think that we were actually friends.  Were we really ever friends, or was she just pretending to be my friend, to be on good terms with Spike.  Speaking of which…what the hell?!  Does she really think that I’m not supporting my family?  Does she think what so many others have brought up also?  What am I supposed to think about this whole situation now?

I can’t stand to look at the letter anymore.  I toss it back on the coffee table, and lay down on the sofa, just staring at the ceiling.  What else is there to do?

I’m starting to let what everyone else is saying get to me.  I know I shouldn’t, but who is to say they aren’t right?  So many people have said that I’m being a bad mother by choosing to get back into the wrestling business, but seriously, I’m doing this for my family!  I think it’s a lot easier now, now that we moved here to Las Vegas, and I can come home every night.  So, really, why do people feel the need to say such bullsh*t like that?  Oh right…they WANT me to feel insecure.  They WANT me to let me guard down and lose focus and prove them right.  That I can’t separate my personal life from my business life.  Well, to hell with them!  I didn’t win the Bombshell Championship for nothing!

I sit up again, grabbing the Bombshell Championship off the table.  I set it in my lap, and just stare at it.  My name now engraved on the name plate.

I didn’t win it for nothing, but was it really worth it? I know that every single Bombshell on the roster is now going to be gunning for me.  They’ll do whatever it takes to take this championship from me, but I dare them to try.  I’m more worried about getting through Kittie first.  After reading that letter a million times, I realize even more just what I’m in for.  Whether she believes it or not, I didn’t set my sites on the Bombshell Title simply because she wanted it.  I didn’t stab her in the back to win the title.  I’m not the bitch she makes me out to be.  I don’t make choices, simply because she does, therefore as an attempt to outshine her.  That’s not who I am!  I fought like hell to become to Bombshell Champion because I knew I still had it in me to be a champion.  Kittie has it in her too, she just has these demons that keep bringing her down.  I’m honored that my first title defense will be against Kittie.  I know she’ll put up one hell of a fight, but so will I.  And if she wins?  I’ll shake her hand.  I really will.  Kittie has proven on more than one occasion that she has the heart of a champion.  I’ll be damned if I let her think that I’m the reason she’s not.

I take my phone out of my pocket, but do nothing with it right away.  I should call Kittie, but something is telling me not to.

What could I possibly say to Kittie to make her feel better?  I don’t know what the hell I would say to her if I called her.  Especially not after reading that letter.  Is she trying to make me feel guilty going into this match?  Would she really say all that if she didn’t mean it?  I just don’t know.  I can’t feel guilty about winning the title.  I fought like hell to win it, and I deserve it just as much as anyone.  Call me selfish, I don’t care.  I know Kittie is pissed.  I know she is upset and full of all kinds of emotions right now.  I just hope that we can figure it all out on Climax Control and keep this friendship intact.  We’ll see, I guess.

”Hey Misty, are you done down there yet?!  We want to put that big ass TV to good use and play some video games already!

Jamie…Spike’s brother…is still here.  I take the letter, fold it up and put it in my pocket, then walk upstairs with the Bombshell Title.

The scene opens up inside Misty and Spike’s kitchen.  Misty is sitting at the table, drinking a cup of hot tea, looking very distant.  She takes a sip of her tea, as she just stares at the letter sitting on the table in front of her.  A few minutes later, Spike walks in the kitchen, grabbing a soda out of the refrigerator.  He looks at Misty, but she doesn’t even notice he is there.

“You really need to stop reading that letter, babe.” He says as he opens the soda and takes a sip. “You have a match to concentrate on in a few days, and if you keep reading that thing over and over again, it’s only going to screw with your head.”

Misty takes another sip of tea, looks at Spike and says, “It’s a little late for that Spike.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read this damn thing since she left it in our mailbox.  At least I’m the person who left the letter, so my mind is sort of on the match.”

Spike walks over to the table, and takes a seat across from Misty. “Don’t let one single word that Kittie wrote in that letter get to you.  She exaggerated a lot, and I’m sure she didn’t mean it.”

Misty laughs. “Ha!  Right!  Why would she say it if she wasn’t thinking it all this time?  She thinks I stabbed her in the back, Spike.  She thinks I’m a selfish bitch, but she’s not the only one.”

Spike grabs the letter and crinkles it into a ball.  He tosses it behind him and looks at Misty. “It’s all bullsh*t, Misty, and you know it.  I don’t agree with anything she said, and I sure as hell don’t give a sh*t what anyone else thinks.  You’re not the Bombshell Champion for nothing.”

“So you’re telling me that what Kittie said about your visits was all a lie?” Misty says, leaning back in her chair, just looking at Spike.

Spike laughs and shakes his head. “She exaggerated that sh*t, babe.  I know you’re here for the kids and you’re just as supportive as I am.”

Misty folds her arms across her chest. “And what about me teaming with JT Underwood this week?”

Spike’s nostrils flare a bit, but he keeps his temper in check. “You know I don’t like it, but I know it wasn’t your decision.  Hell, I would have felt the same way if you’d been teamed with Gabriel instead of JT.”

Misty leans forward, burying her head in her hands, taking a deep breath. “I’m just so damn sick of everyone thinking that I’m going to end up leaving you for JT or something.  They have nothing that justifies that stupid assumption!  It pisses me off that they think I’d do that to our family, honestly.”

Spike nods. “I trust you, Misty, you know that.  I may not trust any of the other guys, but all that matters is that I trust you.  I know you wouldn’t do anything to intentionally hurt our family…to hurt Eden.”

Misty runs her hands through her hair and says, “And Gabriel…did you see his last promo?  If only I were able to face him in the ring, because I’d show him just how much he pissed me off.  I wasn’t bitching about my back last week, like he seems to think I was.  No, I was just letting the fans know why I had to postpone my first promotional activities as Bombshell Champion.  I have the heart of a champion. Stupid son of a—“

“Babe, focus on Kittie.  Don’t worry about Gabriel.” Spike interrupts her.

Misty shakes her head. “No, I’m not going to let what Gabriel said slide.  He’s another one that thinks that I have some secret attraction to JT, but he doesn’t even know me!  He wasn’t in GXW when you and I first got together.  He hasn’t seen us the past four years that we’ve been raising Eden and Timmy.  He thinks I don’t have faith in what I can do?  If I didn’t have faith I wouldn’t be the Bombshell Champion.  No, you want to know what I really think about Gabriel?”

“What’s that?” Spike asks.

“I think he needs to take a good long look in the mirror and see if he can read himself.  He’s the perfect fit for the Sin of Greed, really.  Just look at what he did to his tag team partner and best friend, Despayre!  He just tossed all their hardwork aside just so he could go after the Heavyweight Title, and he won!  He basically tossed Despayre aside like garbage just so he could feed his desires.  Sure, Despayre is happy.  Any true friend would be, but come on!  I wouldn’t have done that if I were in that situation.” Misty says as her face turns red from the anger.

Spike just shakes his head, not sure of how to respond.

Misty takes a deep breath, then says, “And Gabriel is sorely mistaken if he thinks that I don’t have faith in myself...that I’m supposedly insecure.  I know exactly what I can do.  I know exactly what I’m capable of.  I’m going to fight to keep this Bombshell Championship around my waist for as long as I possibly can, just like I know he will be doing also.  And I know what to expect from Kittie, also.”

“Did you call her yet?” Spike asks.

Misty shakes her head. “And what will I say?  That I’m sorry for winning the title, because saying that would be a lie.  I am sorry she feels the way she feels, but I can’t help that.  I can only go into Climax Control and attempt to prove to her that our friendship actually means something to me.”

“You don’t have to prove anything to her.  She knows.” Spike reassures her.

Misty shrugs, as the expression on her face turns serious. “Yeah, but Kittie has failed to realize one thing.  She doesn’t see that she’s achieved the one thing I’ve only been waiting for, for the past five years.”

Spike leans back in his chair. “And what’s that?”

Misty looks to the engagement ring on her finger, then back to Spike. “She has Staggs as her last name.”

Spike seems taken by surprise as Misty says that.  He’s lost for words, but Misty just smiles.

“But, I’m in no rush.  I’m perfectly content where we are.  I was just saying she’s got bragging rights on one thing over me.” She says, grabbing her cup of tea, taking one last sip.

Misty stands up, takes the empty cup over to the sink, and rinses it out.  She turns around and looks back at Spike.  “Anyway, you better get back downstairs .  I’m sure Jamie is waiting for you to kick his ass some more in whatever game you guys are playing right now.  I need to go stretch out my back a little bit, then take a shower.”

Just as Misty says this, Jamie’s yelling for Spike from downstairs is heard.  Misty shakes her head and laughs, as she starts to walk past Spike.  He grabs a hold of her arm, and stops her.

“Seriously, Misty…don’t worry about Kittie, and don’t worry about the match on Sunday.  Kittie will get over whatever is going on inside her head, and realize that this is all just business.”  He leans down and gives Misty a kiss, reassuring her yet again.  She smiles and nods her head.

“I’m sure you’re right.  Once Sunday gets here, I’ll be fine.  Now, go.  Get back to your stupid video games.” Misty replies, nudging him.  He smiles and laughs, as he turns around and heads down into the basement.  Not long after, Misty heads upstairs.

Scene fades to black
>