Author Topic: Ok now let's get started  (Read 1074 times)

Offline D Block

• View Profile
    • D.J "D-Block" Williams
Ok now let's get started
« on: October 18, 2011, 09:35:05 PM »
 (The scene opens up at Gold’s Gym in the heart of Las Vegas. The camera pans over the large facility that’s filled to the brink with weights, exercise machines, trainers, and customers. The picture zooms in on a few ladies talking while casually riding on the elliptical. After a few moments we are taken over to another area where a trainer is demonstrating to a customer the proper form of the bench press. This panning continues over the whole gym showing all these customers going through there workout routine. Finally when the camera comes to a rest we see none other than D.J Williams come into scene. )

(D.J, who’s completely unbeknownst to everyone around him, is in the process of hammering out some arm curls. You can tell D.J has been working out very aggressive and hard for awhile now, as sweat is just dripping from his face. He continues to push on pumping out more reps, as it appears that whatever he has playing on his I-pod is fueling this intensity. Finally after he hits that wall of exhaustion he lets go of the weights and drops them to the ground. A loud thump is heard when they hit, which causes a few of the members close by to take notice. However D.J makes no acknowledgement of this and just continues with his workout. Rather than taking a break between his sets, he walks over to a bar that’s fastened on the wall and pulls himself up. He quickly and swiftly begins banging out some pull-ups. After about 20 or so he let’s himself down slowly and his feet back to the ground. Finally D.J has hit the point where he needs some rest. He quickly bows down and puts his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Just then another familiar face comes into the picture. It’s his manager Ashton Gibbs. Ashton isn’t in your typical workout attire. Instead he is in his usual high fashioned clothing. Donning a pair of black dress slacks, a purple silk button down shirt, and of course his jewelry. He begins to speak as D.J still has his head to the ground.)

Ashton Gibbs: Damn would you look at you…In beast mode here today huh?

(D.J pulls himself back up to a standing position and looks at Ashton. A smirk quickly comes across his face when he sees his manager in the outfit. Without saying a word D.J walks over to a nearby bench and picks up his bottle of water. He takes a swig then finally proceeds.)

D.J Williams: You could say that. And judging by your overdressed GQ attire, I’m guessing ya not joining me for a workout.

Ashton Gibbs: Now you know better than that. I get my beast mode on when it comes to business. When it comes down to negotiations and making money that's when I get motivated. These weights, treadmills, and this stanky ass aroma…isn’t really my scene.

(D.J rolls his eyes and sets his water bottle down. He walks over to the seated calf raise machine that already has weights on there. He begins the workout as he continues on with the conversation.)

D.J Williams: Aight…so what you doin’ here then?

Ashton Gibbs: Well…

(Just then a smoking hot blonde walks by Ashton. As she walks by, Ashton head follows her every movement. She notices his gaze on her and turns back around and acknowledges him with a smile. She then walks out of view and Ashton gets back to D.J)

Ashton Gibbs: Thought I’d come down and check on you man. You’ve seem to be a little distant the last week. What gives?

D.J Williams: Just a lot of shit’s been running through my head lately…

Ashton Gibbs: Speak your mind brother.

(D.J finally finishes off his reps of calf raises and lowers the bar down to the rack slowly. He sits there for another minute and composes himself.)

D.J Williams: All this shit with Sin City Wrestling man. It’s just not vibing with me.

Ashton Gibbs: What you mean by that man?

(Just then a man twice the size of D.J comes up and approaches him. When I say twice the size I don’t mean tall. This size difference is all horizontal. The man interrupts their conversation.)

Fat Man: Hey mind if I jump on this machine man?

D.J Williams: Yeah knock yourself out.

(The fat guy sits down on the machine. D.J and Ashton just watch him for a brief moment. The fat guy notices that they are still looking at him, and he decides he needs to look like a tough guy and put on a show. So instead of taking off some of the plates that D.J has on there, he decides to just go ahead and do the already racked weight. It quickly becomes apparent when he starts the lift that the weight is too much for him. His body shifts and contorts just trying to hammer out one rep. D.J and Ashton notice that the man’s face is beginning to turn beat red. The fat man finally gets the weight up and it quickly comes slamming back to the bar. D.J and Ashton laugh and walk away from the machine as the fat man looks like he’s about to die from his Hercules effort. The two walk over and grab a seat on a bench and finish their conversation.)

Ashton Gibbs: Now what’s your gripe with SCW?

D.J Williams: You kidding me…Do you even have to ask?

Ashton Gibbs: I mean…ya…I think things are all good.

D.J Williams: All good? How can you say things are all good? You were in the same arena watching last weekend when I lost that main-event.

Ashton Gibbs: Come on man…you’re hung up on that shit. First off, it was a triple threat match. It’s not like someone beat you one-on-one. Anyone can get lucky and win a triple threat match. And secondly, that was your first time ever stepping in a wrestling ring brah. I don’t think anyone had any expectations of you winning given the fact that you had no previous experience.

(You can tell D.J gets a little more fired up with that statement.)

D.J Williams: Man fuck that shit. I could care less what everyone expected out of me for my first fight. You know damn well I have my own outlooks on how I want to perform. Doesn’t matter what the situation is. Whether I’ve done it a million times or just once. I always expect to be the best one out there. Period. End of story. Not being the best is not an option for me.

Ashton Gibbs: I feel you on that. I really do. I know there’s that competitive fire in you man, that’s what makes you the best athlete out there. And believe me you may have lost that match, but there’s still no doubt in my mind you could run circles around both of those marks if you faced them again.

D.J Williams: Still...knowing that I let a chump like JT Underwood get the best of me just once is very debasing to me.... Then I have to sit back and listen to that boring nonsense that comes out of his mouth afterwards.... Shits just getting to me brah... And on top of all of that I also have to listen to the drivel of someone like Blade Alexander saying how great he is. That shit is just like nails on the chalkboard to me.

Ashton Gibbs: Just try to shake it off brah. Besides we talked about this. SCW is only supposed to be a temporary thing. It was just something to get you back over here to the states and out of the shitty and talentless CFL. You were just supposed to come here kick it in Sin City for awhile, stay in shape, wrestle in a few matches, and collect some paychecks. That way you keep your name in the spotlight while I go out and try to find you something bigger on the national level. Or maybe even just buy us some time until someone in the NFL finally forgets about your prior legal allegations and signs you…This SCW is just supposed to be a stop gap. A means to an end.

D.J Williams: You just don’t get it…

Ashton Gibbs: I guess I don’t…Help me understand man.

(D.J stops as he seems to be at a loss for words. Not sure exactly how to explain the jumbled up thoughts that are on his mind. He looks around the gym for a minute and his eyes stop on a chubby girl on a treadmill. She has the TV on in front of her, a magazine opened up, and is talking to everyone around her. D.J points his finger inthe direction of the women.)

D.J Williams: You see that women right there.

Ashton Gibbs: Oh yeah…Look at the donk on her... But she doesn’t seem to be like your type brah. I mean I’m a guy who enjoys some big ole curves from time to time, but that’s not really your style.

D.J Williams: Would you just contain yourself to two seconds and just look at her.

(Ashton takes another look at the chubby girl with the big juicy booty. He watches her ass bounce on the treadmill for a few more seconds, until finally D.J clues him in on what he’s talking about.)

D.J Williams: It’s shit like this that pisses me off and eats me to my core. Why is she even here? I mean really. What does she really think she is accomplishing? She’s walking on a treadmill at a snail’s pace. She’s watching TV. She’s running her mouth to everyone around her….And is that a diet coke in her cup holder?

(Ashton finally takes his eyes off the chubby ass and takes note of all the stuff D.J noted. Ashton can’t help but laugh when D.J points out all this. D.J looks like he's getting more fired up and the rant continues.)

D.J Williams: I mean come on brah. She can’t actually think she’s getting any kind of workout in. I mean she doesn’t even have one drop of sweat on her forehead. And she’s able to speak to everyone clearly without the shortness of breath you expect from someone on a treadmill. She’s basically just wasting her time and not getting any sort of workout that her body truly needs. And what pisses me off about all of it that is she is going to have this false sense of entitlement that she accomplished something today.

(Ashton finally starts putting two and two together with this chubby girl and D.J’s beef with SCW.)

D.J Williams: She’s going to be so happy with herself because she got out and “hit the gym.” She’s probably going to leave and call all her friends and say what a great workout she had. And of course they will all lie to her and say how great she looks now. Even though everyone knows she hasn’t dropped a pound. Even the staff and trainers here will lie to her and say how great she is doing.... I almost feel like I want to go over and shake her and be like look you’re just fooling yourself. You’re not doing anything great. You’re just wasting your time. If you came here and busted your ass like me and the others you are distracting with your talking, you wouldn’t be the size you are now. I just want to go over and put her in her place. It just drives me crazy known she is so oblivious to what it takes to be great and actually healthy. And it’s that short sightedness that’s going to give her this false sense of entitlement. It’s just so damn nauseating.

(Ashton finally takes his eyes off the chubby women and her “donk,” and turns towards D.J with a look of amazement on his face.)

Ashton Gibbs: Damn man you’re awfully irritable today. How can that woman over there, who you don’t even know, bother you that much?

D.J Williams: I can’t describe it. She just does... And it’s this same distaste I now have for the likes of JT Underwood and Blade Alexander... I already see both of them walking around with this same type of entitlement that really isn’t warranted. They think it’s a foregone conclusion that they will be the ones battling for the top spot. And that it will be one of them wrapping gold around their waists. They view me as a mere pawn in their game. They think I’m someone that they don’t have to take seriously anymore… But much like that chubby girl over there, they’re also oblivious to the truth… JT Underwood doesn’t know just how lucky he is to have pinned someone who is far superior athletically than he is. And Blade Alexander doesn’t know just how fortunate he is that I didn’t outclass and outshine him in that ring. He doesn’t realize that this "rookie" is far more talented than him or his father ever dreamed about being.

Ashton Gibbs: Damn aren’t you just a sensitive son of a bitch today. I’m starting to realize that this loss might have gotten to you more than I thought... And it’s apparent this gym isn’t getting rid of that stress for you, so I think we should hit the club tonight and get you laid.

D.J Williams: Well...(Pauses and thinks for a second) I’m down for that too, but believe me when I say that I'm far from finished with those two bitches. I'm going to make it my personal mission to check both of those fools and have them put in their proper places when it's all said and done.

Ashton Gibbs: If that’s how you feel, I have no doubts that you will. But in the meantime just chill on all that... I’m not sure why you’re even letting those two nobodies get under your skin so much anyways. I mean you faced men twice as talented as them on the gridiron. And you really shouldn’t be taking what they say in their promos too seriously. I mean come on, Blade Alexander; he comes off as retarded version of the Fonz.  

(Ashton begins a bad impersonation of the Fonz with his thumbs and voice.)

Ashton Gibbs: Heeeyyyy..this is MY city….This is MY fed…I’m the best…Everyone’s talking about me..I’m so cool…

(Finally stops clownin’ and starts talking normal again.)

Ashton Gibbs: I mean is that guy for real? Can’t he see how big of a tool he looks like? Saying how everyone is talking about him. How everyone keeps mentioning his name....Pssh... Please. I was in the same arena he was at and I didn’t hear anyone talking about him. Say the name Blade Alexander and all you can hear is crickets. That bitch acts like he's the one that won that damn match last week.

D.J Williams: Now you see what I mean about a false sense of entitlement.

Ashton Gibbs: Yeah maybe you’re on point with that. I mean the only reason anyone even says the name Blade Alexander is because they are referencing that hot chick on his arm. (Thinking about her) What's her name again?

D.J Williams: Mercedes?

Ashton Gibbs: Yeah Mercedes. Damn she's fine...I'll tell you what Blade better be-careful or he might lose her to a more sophisticated and rational man like myself.

(Ashton plays it up and adjusts his color and sways his head. D.J you can tell is calming down now as he laughs at his manager.)

Ashton Gibbs: And as for JT Underwood promos... well... I wouldn’t lose sleep about those either…(Pauses)…No, I literally mean I wouldn't lose sleep because hearing that dude talk is like taking a whole bottle of Nyquil. Bitch puts me to sleep every time.

(That comment brings a nice big laugh out of D.J. You can tell he has basically calmed down to an acceptable level now. Ashton nudges him on the shoulder.)

Ashton Gibbs: So you telling me you want to make this SCW stint more than a temporary thing?

D.J Williams: (Pauses) Yeah... there’s no way I could walk away knowing that I let those two bitches be the faces and headliners of this company. They're not made for that role. And just like that chubby bitch over there, it's time somebody steps up and puts their shit on blast.

Ashton Gibbs: Aight…well I better look into finding us a more permanent place to stay then. Because that hotel isn’t going to cut it anymore... Now you done with this workout and ready to get out of here?

D.J Williams: I’m going to stay and finish up. I will catch up with you later.

(Ashton shakes his friends hand and begins to walk away. After a few strides he turns back around and calls back to D.J)

Ashton Gibbs: Also I think I'm going to have a little pow wow with our friends in the SCW office this week. I think there's a few things that need to be addressed. Because now that we're making this place a little more permanent, it's time they start appeasing their true talent!... For starters this nonsense of you being booked in the opening match of the night...sorry but I can't let shit like that slide anymore...

(D.J looks up at his manager with a look of satisfaction. D.J can now tell that Ashton understands and gets his early frustrations.)

D.J Williams: Now that's you doing your job baby...

(And with that Ashton walks away and the scene fades.)

Welcome to D-Block
</size>
Now this is the part of the promo that I really want to stop and focus strictly on my opponents for Climax Control. I want to be sure that they feel special and know that they have my full attention for the upcoming match. I want to take the time to fully put their ass on blast, and give them the proper bulletin board material to drive them to beat me. However this first installment is going to be a bit on the small side, as I don’t have a lot to say about my upcoming opponent. And to be honest it's not his fault. It's just that this match is just much bigger than him.

Mad Man Madis. You drew the short end of the stick by being the name opposite mine on the upcoming card….Now let’s be honest here Mad Man, I don’t know you and I’m sure your twisted little mind will pretend like you never heard of me. So let’s just call a spade a spade and get past that little fact... However you can be sure of one thing Madis... After this Sunday you will know exactly who the hell I am after I rip you apart limb for limp. You will know exactly who I am when you’re laying in a hospital bed feeding through tubes. This I can be sure of Mad Man. Because your every waking second when you’re trying to recover and get back to a form of your old self, you will be lying their knowing that D-Block was responsible for this….And you know something else…I will still have no idea who the hell you are or what you’re about. And believe me when I say I will have no remorse for the damage I cause. In fact, this will be the last time the name Mad Man Madis comes from my mouth.

Now I hope the future patient at Sunrise Hospital doesn’t take this threat personal, because believe me it’s not. Like I said I have no idea who this man is or what he’s about. He’s just in the unfortunate position of facing a pissed of D.J Williams. I’ve had two chew on a huge piece of humble pie, after losing in my triple threat match last week, and it doesn’t taste good. Losing is not something I’m used to. And add in the fact that I’m bumped by management from my main-event status to the opening match of the night, and you can understand my fiery. So in all honesty, it didn’t matter who was named my opponent for this upcoming Climax Control, because it would have been the same outcome either way. My hand raised and my opponent lying flat on his back motionless.

Now the only thing that I worry about is that my victory won't be enough to satisfy me this week. After all, I have such a big itch to get back into the ring and prove myself, that I'm not just not sure if my opening match of the night will be enough to scratch it. Maybe I will have to find some other way at Climax Control to make my mark. Maybe it's time to put my permanent stamp on SCW and get D.J Williams name to ring out. So for everyone that will be in the Cox Coliseum on Sunday night, considered yourself warned...One

>>