Author Topic: Climbing That Tag Team Ladder  (Read 1405 times)

Offline TV_Virgil

• View Profile
    • Virgil
Climbing That Tag Team Ladder
« on: October 14, 2011, 04:54:07 PM »
 The scene opens up backstage inside the SCW arena.  The camera pans around the locker room to find Virgil sitting at a table, the locker room door open.  Virgil is reading the local paper with a cup of tea on the table.  Virgil thumbs through to the next page when one of SCW’s crew knocks on the open door.  Virgil looks up.

Crew: Excuse me sir, just got the latest match list for the next Climax Control.  Here you go.

The crew member walks over to Virgil and hands him the piece of paper.

Virgil: Thanks very much.

Virgil begins to scan through the matches as the crew member heads back out the door and out of sight.  Virgil suddenly puts both the local paper and match listings on the table as he leans over it.  

Virgil: Who?

Eddie walks into the locker room and sees Virgil leaning over a piece of paper.

Eddie: What you got there?

Virgil: The next Climax Control card and we’re on it.

Eddie: Who we got?

Virgil: Surf Boys.

Eddie: Who?

Virgil: Exactly, but saying that seeing as we randomly found this place I expect we’re going to think that about every tag team here.  

Eddie: Well have we got anything on them?

Virgil: Nope, saying that I only just got the list so I haven’t looked for their bio or anything like that.  

Eddie pulls out his smartphone and begins hitting a few buttons on it.

Virgil: What are you doing there.

Eddie: Heading over to the SCW website and finding their boy, doing your job for you.

Virgil: Shut up, I was going to get round to it, like I said I...

Eddie: Blah blah blah, here we go.  

Virgil: And?

Eddie: ... I got nothing.

Virgil: Nothing?  At least I find something.  

Eddie: Well you look then.

Virgil: Nah it’s alright, I’ll take a different plan.  See I’m assuming these guys like to fly around with them being under the name of Surf Boys.  This may be something that I’ve just made up but I’m hoping they enjoy extremes and thrills more than art and submission, with that said I reckon we’ll be able to play them at their own game.  Whenever they try to go and fly we take them at the height, I’ll try and get up there and throw them off with some kind of suplex and you, well you just try and catch them and counter the move into something of your own, be it a backbreaker or a powerbomb.  Something that’ll keep them down on the mat, then you can either take them out completely or bring me in for the submission finish, bob’s your uncle match in the bag.  Or at least that’s plan A.

Eddie: And what’s plan B incase plan A doesn’t work like it should, like it never does.

Virgil: Then plan B is what it always is, smack them on the ground as quick as we can and get them with the pinfall, or I’ll try and get them with the submission.  We’ll basically just revert to our normal gameplan.  This is all about putting a tick in our win column now, we took it close at the last Climax Control but we didn’t get the win and no one is going to remember how close we were to a win.  We lost and we now need to put ourselves into a good position for those Tag Team titles.  We can be the first as long as we put our heads back into the game.  Sure we did well but we didn’t do what we needed to and we’re back at the bottom.  At Climax Control we’re going to drag our way back to the top of the tag team list.

Eddie: Or at least start as I don’t think beating Surf Boys will bush us to the top.

Virgil: But at least we won’t be at the bottom.

Eddie laughs slightly as he shakes his head.

Virgil: Can’t fault that logic can you, anyway where’d you get off to?

Eddie: Just taking a stroll really, around the bloke, taking in the sights.

Virgil: That’s a lie, what you got planned?

Eddie: Ah, fine then.  I just went out to find one of these.

Eddie pulls out a pack of earl grey and throws it over to Virgil, Virgil catches the box and a smile comes across his face.

Virgil: Oh hell yeah! No more tea machine for me.  Cheers for this buddy.

Eddie: Well I can’t have your morale low on all the crappy tea around here, we’ve got a match to win at Climax Control to make sure, as you say, we start Climbing That Tag Team Ladder right up to the very top.

The two men share a smile as Virgil gets up from the chair and heads off over to the nearest kettle.
user posted image