Author Topic: Prepping for the first show  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Tom Dudely

• View Profile
    • Wyatt Peterson
Prepping for the first show
« on: October 07, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »
 The scene opens inside of a small studio apartment. The apartment is fairly empty. Inside is; a rickety chair that looks like it used to be part of a dining set, a couple of cardboard boxes that appear to be getting used as tables, and a mattress lying on the ground in the corner of the room. The apartment is messy too. There are clothes, fast food wrappers, and beer bottles scattered throughout. The sound of fumbling keys can be heard at the door. After a couple of seconds, Wyatt Peterson walks into the apartment. He’s wearing some gym shorts and a tank top. He’s carrying a duffel bag that he drops next to the chair. He walks into the bathroom and you can hear the water start running in the shower. Along with the shower, you can hear the sound of water on water as Wyatt urinates. He walks back out into the living room as his phone starts ringing. Wyatt walks over to the duffel bag and starts digging through it. He pulls out a cell phone, pushes a button and puts it to his ear.

Wyatt: Hello?

On the other end of the phone comes the voice of Tom Dudely, Wyatt’s wrestling manager.

Tom: Wyatt! Hey buddy, it’s Tom.

Wyatt: Heya Tom! Find out anythin’ ‘bout SCW?

Tom: Actually, that’s what I’m calling about. I just talked to Mark and he showed me the first card. The show’s gonna be held on Sunday the 9th of October.

Wyatt pumps his fist into the air.

Wyatt: Alright! Who do ah get tah wrassle?

Tom: Well, you remember that guy I told you about? Saint Patty?

Wyatt: Sweet! Ah can’t wait tah show that cocky, loudmouth SOB…

Tom: Yeah… about that…

Wyatt stops midsentence.

Wyatt: What?

Tom: You’re gonna have to wait to kick his ass, because this week he’s your tag team partner.

Wyatt looks stunned at this revelation. He attempts to regain his composure.

Wyatt: Wha?... Why?... Huh?

Tom: Mark and Christian decided team you guys up this week.

Wyatt: But ah don’ even know this guy. Why would ah wanna team with him?

Tom: Well, in this business it’s not about liking who you’re teamed with, it’s about winning no matter what’s in your way.

Wyatt: Ah guess that’s true, but ah still don’t like the guy.

Tom: I understand. He’s a bit of an ass. I know how you are though. You gotta keep your cool and work with him at least until the end of the match.

Wyatt: Then can ah kick his ass?

You can hear the smile in Tom’s voice.

Tom: Sure kid, whatever you want.

Wyatt: Alright, well, ah gotta start getting ready tah head down there. So, ahm gonna let ya go.

Tom: Ok, take care.

Wyatt pulls the phone from his ear and pushes a button. He tosses it down onto one of the boxes. He walks back into the bathroom, which has steam pouring out from the shower being on, and closes the door. As soon as the door latches you hear Wyatt yell.

Wyatt: YEEEEEEEHAW!!!!

***THE DAY OF THE SHOW***

The scene opens backstage at the Star of the Desert Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Everyone is running around trying to get everything perfect for the first ever SCW Climate Control. A door opens and in walks Wyatt Peterson. He’s wearing some blue jeans, black shirt, and a Stetson hat. He has his duffel bag hanging to his side from his shoulder. He stands there taking in the scene for a few moments before Tom Dudely walks up to him.

Tom: Wyatt!

Tom extends his hand as he walks up to Wyatt. Wyatt takes Tom’s hand and shakes it.

Tom: Are you excited for tonight?

Wyatt: Tah be honest, ahm a little bit nervous.

Tom: I understand. This is looking a lot better than I’d thought it would. There’s already a line outside. Last I checked there were about 50 people, and the show doesn’t start for about 4 hours. That’s huge!

Wyatt: How many ya think there’re gonna be tonight?

Tom: If I were to guess, I’d say we’re probably gonna be at capacity. Either that or we’ll be at a 7. Either way, you’d better be ready because it’s gonna be your job to get the crowd hooked.

Wyatt looks nervous.

Wyatt: Whadda ya mean mah job?

Tom: You’re the curtain jerker tonight.

Wyatt: Ahm in the first match? That’s a lot of pressure.

Tom: Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. Who care’s if the future success of the promotion is entirely in your hands?

Wyatt looks at Tom with a terrified expression. Tom bursts out laughing.

Tom: I’m kidding. You’ll do great. Remember, I picked you to come here so there must be something special about you. Right?

Wyatt gets a bit of a cocky grin on his face. Tom smacks him and sticks a finger in his face.

Tom: Don’t let that go to your head. You’ve got talent but you’ve still got a long way to go before you’re ready to main event.

Wyatt looks a bit angry at being slapped but he holds back his rage.

Tom: First thing you’re gonna have to remember is to keep your cool tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if Saint Patty tried to push your buttons. Remember that the victory is the most important thing. After the match…

Tom shrugs his shoulders.

Tom: Before the match, we’re gonna go out there and cut a promo. I’m not gonna make you take the mic. If you’re feeling it though, I’m not gonna stop you.

Wyatt nods his head in understanding.

Tom: Now, let’s get you to the locker room so you can get settled in and start preparing. Show starts in a few short hours.

Tom starts walking away down the hall. Wyatt takes one more look around at the bustling crew before following after Tom.

***SHOWTIME***

"Hillybilly Bone" starts playing from the speakers and Wyatt Peterson bursts through the curtain onto the stage led by his manager, Tom Dudely. The crowd bursts into cheers as they make their way down to the ring. They climb into the ring and Wyatt climbs onto the second turnbuckle working the crowd as Tom motions towards him clapping. As Wyatt hops down off of the turnbuckle, Tom grabs a microphone from ringside. Tom puts the mic to his lips.

Tom: Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Girls! Dudes and Dudettes! Welcome to Sin City Wrestling!

The crowd is whipped into a frenzy. Tom pulls the mic away from his lips and looks at Wyatt with a grin on his face. He waits for the crowd to calm a bit before continuing.

Tom: Wow! What a hot crowd we’ve got here tonight. Just out of curiosity, how many of you are drunk right now?

The crowd bursts into cheers again. Wyatt and Tom both have big smiles on their faces now.

Tom: I kinda figured as much. For those of you that don’t know me, I’m Tom Dudely, former GXW Champion.

The crown cheers for Tom.

Tom: Tonight’s not about me or what I’ve accomplished. Tonight is about this young man standing next to me. Please give a round of applause for the Corn Bred Colossus, WYATT PETERSON!

Wyatt hops back onto the turnbuckle working the crowd as they continue to cheer. After a few moments, Wyatt hops back down.

Tom: That feels good, don’t it Wyatt?

Wyatt smiles and nods.

Tom: Tonight, in the first match of the night, Wyatt here is going to be teaming up with a man that y’all have probably heard of. In fact, you’ve all probably got a pretty strong opinion of this guy. Wyatt will be teaming with… Saint Patty!

The cheers turn to boos almost immediately. Tom turns to Wyatt.

Tom: I think they’ve heard of him.

Wyatt nods at Tom.

Tom: I know. It sucks! Maybe we should just throw Saint Patty to Poisoned Power and let him fend for himself.

The crowd seems to like that idea. Tom just shakes it off.

Tom: All joking aside, I think that Wyatt is willing to put his opinion of Saint Patty aside to work together against a common enemy.

Wyatt nods in agreement.

Tom: Poisoned Power, Ryan King and Casey Williams, we’ve done our homework on you. We know what you’re capable of. Ryan, you were an amazing amateur wrestler in college. A-MAY-ZING. Casey… well… you’re huge!

Wyatt nods and holds his hand up over his head indicating Casey’s size. Tom nods.

Tom: That’s right. He’s even bigger than Wyatt here, and Wyatt’s not a little guy.

Tom runs his hand along his mouth to wipe off the sweat.

Tom: The problem is that both of you have weaknesses. Tonight, Wyatt’s gonna take advantage of those weaknesses and beat you in the middle of this ring one… two… three!

Wyatt grabs Toms arm bringing the microphone to his mouth.

Wyatt: YEEEEEEEHAW!!!

Wyatt releases Tom. Tom tosses the mic to the ring hand as they wait for their match to start.
user posted image