Author Topic: Airport Madness  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
Airport Madness
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
 “It’s amazing what you can get on Iphones these days” Gabriel’s voice is heard saying.

These scene is a busy airport in Vancouver, the Vancouver International airport to be precise. Gabriel is seen standing in the middle of many people walking around, pulling bags as they move as fast as they can, around the airport, searching for the places they need to be, eager not to be late. Gabriel stands in the middle of the people running around, his eyes focused on  a phone, just playing a videos.

“Remember when phones only used to ring?” Gabriel says to himself

He watches down, earphone in his ear, listen to the words of Fang, one of his upcoming opponents for Insomnia.  Thoughts start to rush through Gabriel’s mind

Any hack can take what someone says and throw it back at them. I guess maybe I didn’t explain things a little clearer for MR Porter.

Gabriel watches on a little further in to the video

Living in the past is a dangerous thing Fang, really is. My past is yet to be revealed but living back in the past is not only dangerous, it‘s mind blowingly stupid. I mean when I come out and explained a little of where I‘ve been, what I‘ve done, mentioned the people who have squashed me from a great height, did ya really think that was healthy? Don‘t make yourself out to be the “nearly“ guy Fang, that was then, this is now, this is a whole different ball game really.

Gabriel smiles to himself

Upstarts? 70’s much?

Another smile crosses Gabriel’s lips.

Can’t help but think this fella is a little concerned. Not knowing what he has to deal with. It’s understandable, as he said himself, a few months ago, he was going for titles, he was going to try and become a big name, now he has to face “two kids” and what happens should the mighty fall then? What happens if the mighty Fang should lose to these two young, hungry, born to be the best in the business, men? Disaster! Career in ruins, more time to sit at home, watching some of the worst movies that ever hit the screen.

Gabriel rubs his chin, his eyes focuses on the phone screen, intently watching and listening to what was said next.

No, I am ONE of the seven deadly sins, just one, I’m Greed. Could you imagine me being all seven? I like Lust as much as the next man, but gluttony is so not my thing.

Gabriel smiles as he hears the line “Never met a mother fucker quiet like me”

Quote The Kid Rock….. Nevermore!

Gabriel can’t help but chuckle at his own thoughts as he goes back to listening.

Underestimation Mr Fang, is as dangerous as looking back in to the past.

“I‘ve done this, I‘ve done that” Gabriel says in a mocking tone.

Who really cares? I mean give yourself a pat on the back, you’ve beat guys, whoopee.  All this talk of the past is making me think the knee is not this man’s weakest point, it’s his mind. Look at it, more concerned about what he’s done then what’s going to happen when he steps in the ring. More concerned about the past. Well time to jump out of the past and come play in the future. Think about it, I beat this guy, what a way to say hello to the Asylum. This guy who has done pretty much everything, losing to a guy, in his first ever match, a guy who can use that to propel his own career. See, people will take me seriously after beating a guy like you Fang, you might not see it, but I do. I see it and I want it, so therefore, I’m gonna take it.

Gabriel listens intently

He’s got me pegged though, I am willing to mortgage something for a greater prize. I’m willing to put this body on the line to get what I want, what I want is a head start here, I’ll take the beating to come out on top,. What I want is the win, I demand it, I crave it, I will get it. The man might have stood toe to toe with King Kong, I don’t really, really care, my eyes are on the prize, the prize of Gabriel one, Fang zero.

Gabriel listens a little more, but shakes his head and turns off the phone.

That’s it, enough of the god amongst men bullshit, and pissant comments, that’s just stupid, old, pointless. In fact, thinking about that guy, is giving me a headache. Time to clear the mind with a good old fashioned, art of distraction trick.

Gabriel looks around and sees a gentleman, dressed up in a business suit, sitting around, waiting for his flight number to be called. He’s talking very loudly on a cell phone, just loud enough that people fifteen feet away can hear every words.

“Some people just pick themselves for this” Gabriel says with a smirk.

Gabriel starts to walk towards the man, hearing about the money this portly, balding man, has made today.

“See what I mean?” Gabriel says with a smirk.

Gabriel sits down next to him and patiently waits for the man to stop talking.

“Yeah, when I get back to New York, Champagne will be on me” The man says with a huge sense of pride, before hanging up the phone.

“Hi” Gabriel says innocently “How ya doing?”

The man looks at Gabriel, not sure what to make of the man dressed in torn blue jeans, with silver chains hanging from a black leather jacket, covering a black T-shirt.

“My name’s Gabriel” he continues “I overheard your conversation a few minutes ago. I get the feeling you’re a risk taking kinda guy, am I correct?”

“Yes I am” the man says cautiously. “Why?”

“Well I’m a bit of a gambling man myself, and wondered if you’d be interested in a little wager?” Gabriel asks “Could be an easy way to win fifty big ones”

Gabriel reaches in to his pocket and pulls out an American fifty dollar bill and hold it up in front of the man.

Greed is a bitch for some, but good for others

The man nods and reaches in to his rocket, pulling out a wallet, laden with twenty’s and fifty’s. Gabriel resists the temptation to smile as the man takes a fifty out of his wallet and holds it in front of Gabriel. He then places the wallet, back in to his jacket pocket.

“What do I have to do?” The man asks, already spending Gabriel’s fifty in his mind.

“Well sir” Gabriel says  “Is this bag here yours?”

The man nods as Gabriel points to a big green bag.

“Did you pack it yourself?” Gabriel asks the man.

“What are you? Airport security or something?” The man replies with an arched brow

“No, I’m going to put something in your bag, that you never, without touching it. If I do, you owe me that fifty, if not, you can take mine” Gabriel says with sincerity. “Do we have a deal?”

The man nods.

“Ok” Gabriel starts “What have you got in this bag?”

“Clothes” the man answers “Just clothes”

“Ok” Gabriel says looking around

He spots a little girl, sitting with her family, maybe about seven years old, holding a blanket. Gabriel turns quickly to the young family.

“Hi, how are ya?” He says politely “My name is Gabriel, and I’m a magician. Do you guys like magic?”

The little girl nods

“Well, if I can borrow your blanket for just a minute, I’ll show you a cool trick, wanna see?” Gabriel asks the little girl.

She nods and hands Gabriel the blanket.

“Thank you” Gabriel says as he beckons the family to come forward.

Gabriel turns back to the man he made the wager with.

“Ready?” He asks The man

The man nods at Gabriel, and Gabriel addresses a small crowd that has gathered around.

“Ladies and Gentlemen” Gabriel starts “I wanna show you a cool little trick tight here. Right here, we have a suitcase, this gentleman’s case, just filled with clothes. Sir, can you open the case and show people what’s in it?”

The man stands up, opening the case to revel to the crowd that there really is, nothing but clothes in there. The man shuts it up and pulls the zips around, effectively closing the case completely. Gabriel unfolds the blanket and stands above the case.

“Now what I’m gonna do, is change the contents of that bag, without touching it” Gabriel says with a smile.

Gabriel lowers the blanket over the case, covering it from end to end. Everyone’s eyes stare down at the blanket, not knowing what to expect. Gabriel closes his eyes and claps his hangs together. From out of nowhere, the blanket starts to jump, causing the small crowd to look on in shock. Gabriel whips the blanket away, handing it to the little girl. The suitcase starts to move around on it’s own.  Gabriel moves towards it as it violently jumps. He bends down and quickly unzips the bag, taking the hand of a beautiful woman and lifting her out of the case, to everyone’s utter amazement!

“YEAH!” Gabriel yells, looking around at the shocked expressions on peoples faces. “I think that’s mine”

Gabriel takes the fifty dollars from the stunned gentleman’s hand . The crowd start to clap and cheer at this amazing feat of magic. Gabriel taps the man on the back.

“You can keep her if you want” He says to the open mouthed man “I gotta go, flight leaving soon, have a good one”

Gabriel taps the man on the chest and walks away. Turning his back to see the crowd get smaller and smaller. Gabriel reaches in to the inside of his leather jacket and pulls out a wallet. Flipping it open, he sees the picture of the man he just won his wager with. Gabriel takes out the money and slides it in to his pocket

Risk something small for a big prize. Buy champagne now, jackass!

"FLIGHT A16, TO FORT WAYNE, INDIANA, UNITED STATES, NOW BOARDING AT GATE 12! FIRST CLASS PASSENGERS NOW BOARDING!"

“Bout time” Gabriel mutters to himself as looks up at gate 12.

Casually walking over and handing a boarding pass to a flight attendant. She nods at Gabriel, who smiles politely as he walks by and on to the plane, looking around and getting used to his new surrounding.

“First class” Gabriel says with approval.

Gabriel takes a seat, right next to the window, looking through the tiny plastic widow and stretching his legs out.

“Leg room really is better in first class” Gabriel says with a nod.

A flight attendant walks past Gabriel and stops.

“Hi” she says sweetly “would you like a glass of champagne?”

Gabriel smiles ironical.

“Just orange juice please” Gabriel replies.

The flight attendant turns to her trolley and pours a glass of Orange juice out and hands it to Gabriel. Gabriel closes his eyes with a smile on his face but a voice quickly makes them open.

“But… but you said Angel can have the window seat!” The voice says with a whiny tone.

Gabriel takes a deep breath

“Hello Despayre” he says slowly.

He turns to see Despayre and Synn standing to his left, Despayre clutching tightly to the bear known as Angel.

“Hi” Despayre replies “You’re sitting in Angel’s seat”

Gabriel looks across the aisle, as Synn takes a seat in the opposite row of three seats, arching an eyebrow at his mentor. Synn smiles back and nods, much to Gabriel’s confusion. He looks up at Despayre, raising a finger to speak, but just shakes his head and stands up, taking a step to the left and moving out of the way. Gabriel turns to see Despayre placing a seat belt over Angel and fastening it tightly.

“Safety first” Despayre says with a smile at Gabriel.

Gabriel takes a seat in the aisle seat, just across from Synn as Despayre sits in the middle seat. Gabriel leans over to talk to Synn.

“I thought you was meant to slip him a tranquilizer or something?” Gabriel says in an almost whisper

A wicked smile crosses Synn’s face.

“I did” Synn says with a tilt of the head.

Gabriel turns to Despayre, to see him giving Angel a safety talk on flying. Gabriel shakes his head and turns back to Synn

“Really?”  Gabriel asks seriously. “He’s scared of flying, but he’s giving the bear a pep talk on flying?”

Synn shrugs his shoulders. The flight attendant returns handing out bags of cookies.

“Pre flight cookies” she says to Gabriel as she hands him cooking before handing to Despayre and turns around.

“Excuse me, but you didn’t give any cookies to Angel” Despayre says slowly.

“Who’s Angel?” She asks Despayre

Despayre points at the bear, wrapped up tightly in it’s safety belt. She looks at the bear slightly confused.

“But it’s a stuffed bear” She says with a surprised tone.

“Lady” Gabriel says interrupting “It would be smart to just give the bear some cookies before this strange looking fella beside me starts biting in to these first class seats or something.  

Despayre frowns and turns to the front seat and pokes at it with his forefinger.

"Hm, chewy." He says slowly

The flight attendant looks at  Gabriel, who nods at her. She places the bag of cookies in front of Angel and walks away.

Gabriel opens a bag of cookies and takes one out, crunching it between his teeth.

“Shush!” Despayre says with a tap on Gabriel’s shoulder.

“What?” Gabriel replies

“Angel’s sleeping and you’re waking him up” Despayre replies with a stern look.

“But you just made me get the damn thing cookies!” Gabriel replies with disbelief in his voice

“Shush!” Despayre repeats

“But…” Gabriel tries to say…

“Shush!” again comes from Despayre

Gabriel looks at Synn

“Can’t you do something about him?” Gabriel asks

Synn stands up and grabs the control for the television in the back of the seat in front of Despayre, flicking through the channels before stopping on an episode of Looney Toons. Despayre’s attention turns immediately to the screen, happily smiling to himself as he watches the cartoon characters appear on the screen. Synn sits back down in his seat

“Thank you” Gabriel says to Synn

“Don’t thank me just yet” Synn says as he points past Gabriel’s ear.

Gabriel turns around to see Despayre yawning.

“Tranquilizer kicking in” Synn says

Despayre rolls over and places his head on Gabriel’s shoulder. Gabriel looks across at Synn who shakes his head.

This is gonna be one hell of a long flight!

The scene fades out
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>