Author Topic: Your First Look At Me  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
Your First Look At Me
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »
 The moonlight shines across a river, bouncing off the waves that ripple across the banks.  A slight breeze can be heard brushing through some nearby trees, swaying leaves against one another. Footsteps are heard moving closer until the back of a figure, a man with long dark hair, falling down his broad shoulders.  A deep inhale, followed by a sharp exhale, cuts through the sound of the breeze and waves hitting the shoreline. A sigh is released from powerful lungs as thoughts run through my head.

You know, I’ve done a lot with my life. I’ve walked on top of a mountain, I’ve felt the mist of Niagra hit me in the face, hell, I’ve even looked down on a busy city from a mile in the air, yet I still think there’s more to be done.

Another deep breath is heard.

I’ve seen more in my life by now, then most will ever see in their entire lifetime, yet still, I’m not satisfied, still, the hunger in me hasn’t faded for a second. Every day I wake up, look around me and want more, more then I have, more then I’ll ever need. I’ve sat and watched things fall apart around my eyes, people close leaving, relationships fall apart, why? Because it’s life. I have seen people that could turn out to be good in my life, walk away, because I, I felt the fear of losing them before it even came close to happening. Now, I’ve seen the light and errors of my ways.

A sharp gust of wind echoes around

I woke up today and I didn’t just want more, I DEMANDED MORE! I looked up at the ceiling and swore to myself, that I will get what I demand, I will get what I deserve. I’m sure I’m not the first to say this, very sure I will not be the last to say this, but sooner, oh yes, sooner, not later, I will TAKE what I deserve.

A slight sigh joins the sound of the breeze.

See, I’ve been pissed on from great heights by many, many people, ex girlfriends who thought they were better then they truly are, friends who thought they were more important then they really are. Constant annoyances from idiots who think they can just use me for what I have, but it’s time they saw that I am not all I say I am, I’m so much more then you could ever imagine. No longer am I a soft touch for people to step on to get where they want to go, no longer am I the person that gives you an ego boost because you need it, oh no, it’s time to look after number one and to hell with numbers two, three and four, they don’t matter, I matter.

A turn reveals my face, his hair falling down over his cheeks, my eyes determined and focused.

I’ve watched people kick others to the curb for no reason, I’ve seen people turn on others just to suit them, and I never thought for one second I could do that, never thought I’d have to do that, but it’s hit me, it’s come to me like a shot from the blue, that the only way to get on in life, is to walk over other people, like they have done to me in the past.

“So the future begins today, huh?”

The words mutter from my lips as I sit and watch the waves crash against a wall

“Wrestling” I say to myself, turning my head further away from the moons glare.

It’s my first foray in to the wrestling world since well, ever, I’ve spent my life taking people for everything they’re worth. Oh no, not millions, just enough to get by and move on in this world. This rat race, this constant yearning for people to better themselves. Why so when they die, their name can be remembered long after their bodies have disintegrated.

“Wrestling” I said again with a sigh

I know it’s calling me, but why?  I remember the 80’s superstars that I used to shuffle to see. I remember a live event in Europe that I went to by why wrestling, why now?

A smile crossed my face with those recent thoughts speeding through my head. I stared down at the water

“That’s why it’s time to enter the ring” I said standing up and walking to the edge of the building “That’s exactly why”

People…. Yes people are the reason I’m stepping in the ring. Not because I want the people’s attention, their cheers, their boos, their admiration or hate. It’s people. See I’ve spent my life travelling to countries and cities most people have never even heard of. I’ve stepped on lands where there has been war, hunger, depression and no matter where you go, people like these will always find you.

I ran my fingers through my hair as a slight breeze blew it away from my shoulders.

It’s not because I’ve sat in the front row and seen GCW and GXW legends like Hot Stuff Mark Ward, Austin Parker as well as my wrestling trainers, Synn and Shane Boswell. It’s not even down to watching some wrestlers beat themselves half to death trying to please the fans. It’s because of these people that I must step in to the ring. Wrestling fans are not clever people, they’re willing to part with their cash to wear a T-shirt with someone else’s name on it, someone they’d love to be. They’re the kinda people who still think this is all fake and that people don’t get hurt in the ring

“Morons” I said out loud to myself

They think that everyone gets dropped on their heads then go for a coffee and donut afterwards

I shrugged my shoulders as I continue to watch people wait for the doors to open.

People are driven by pleasure, they’d give up so much to spend a minute being happy. They’d believe anything they can as long as it brings a smile to their faces. That’s where I come in…

I took a deep breath, letting the air fill my lungs,

See, I make people smile, it’s distracting for them so I get what I want. When people watch your left hand, they can‘t see what your right hand is doing. When people are on a high at seeing their favourite wrestler, they lose all sense of everything around them. See, in my life, I have been a classy kinda crook, anyone can pick a pocket, but I‘ve done it with style thanks to natural gifts but wrestling opens new doors for me. I have shown over the years, I can take people for what I want with the art of magic and illusion. I have proved to myself that I can pretty much make people do whatever I want very easily, but can I translate that in to the wrestling world? Of course, it will be my biggest challenge to date and I love a god damn challenge, the fact I can take anything I want from idiots on the street always gives me a heart warming feeling, but can I take gold from big muscle headed wrestlers? Ah, there lies a challenge

I stand up, stepping on a thin rail, glancing down at the water. Tilting my head I go back to my thoughts.

Synn made the call, he got me connected, he got me in the Asylum, he put me there and already, a match, a chance to shine, to start my journey, with my old running buddy against not one but two highly successful people, two gentlemen that’s been around this business for a long, long time, Fang and Hank Henry III. Fang, Fang, Fang, why does that name sound slightly familiar…?

A moments pause as the thoughts enter my mind.

Ah, Fang, Jonathan Porter, a man of many businesses and a bad knee. A multi time champion and an all around winner. A man with an impressive record and an arsenal of moves that would make any normal man quake in his boots… normal man maybe, but not me. My gift is focusing on weakness and I see some weakness with this man. He seems like the kinda guy who likes to bite off more then he can chew and I think he may have done that by agreeing to this match against someone he has no clue about, someone who can do the unexpected. The man is in the Hall Of Fame for christ sake. How bad would it be for him, if a guy like me turns up and shows him his place in there means nothing. The fact that he is wrestler of the week means nothing at all. He does have a lot going for him that will become obsolete after he faces me. I feel for the man, I really do, but I do like taking things and his reputation, his hall of fame status, his ability to get outta bed in the morning would be a nice thing to add to my growing collections. Respect for him is one thing, but I want what he has, I want his reputation and I will take it.

A smile crosses my face as I turn to face the camera, still perched high on the narrow ledge, looking away from the water as it becomes more aggressive.

What can I say? I’m greedy, sorry Mr Porter, it‘s just who I am

I run my fingers across my chin, contemplating my next thoughts

Hank Henry III, for some reason, this guy just doesn’t really concern me, I don’t know why. He’s had his moments in the sun, seems like he’s got a little bit of a bad temper, but I don’t know why this guy just doesn’t really concern me. I know underestimating a guy is not a good thing but thinking he doesn’t concern me, seems like I’m over estimating him. I don’t know why, I don’t know what it is, but this fella means nothing. I get the feeling Despayre is gonna love him though, if only to stroke his beard. Things like that fascinate my strange buddy, but to me, no concern, no worries.

I put my arms out to the side in a crucifix poses and smile at the camera, falling backwards and in to the choppy water below. The camera moves over, closer to the water and looks down, but nothing can be seen, no air bubbles, no body, just the movements of the waves rolling against the wall below.

“ASYLUM!” Is heard yelling out. The camera spins around to see me sitting on a clock tower looking down. “My name is Gabriel, and I’m ready for you, Hank Henry III, Fang… are you ready for me?”

The scene fades out as Gabriel stands up with his arms to the side.
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>