Author Topic: Thru the Looking Glass II  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
Thru the Looking Glass II
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
 *blackness*

Take the lens cap off first. Yes.

A brief shaking of the camera is experienced and then the darkness is unfolded unto the seating area of the airport last seen recently in Canada. Right before the camera itself is seated a lone figure, tall and charming, dressed in a dark suit with his hands rested comfortably on the armrests.

Synn seemed distracted, as if memories played at his fancy. Indeed they were. Memories of two nights previous where he had allowed a low scale independent promotion to test the waters with his newest acquisition.

Mooretown, Ontario, Canada

Moore Sports Complex

The young man stood inside of the squared circle, dressed in black spandex shorts and matching boots. Hands on his hips, he waited patiently as the ring announcer made his introduction...

"Currently in the ring, from Winnipeg, Manitoba, weighing two hundred and three pounds, Jimi V!"

The crowd cheered enthusiastically as Jimi took a step out from the corner and raised a clenched fist to the air, acknowledging their hearty enthusiasm. He was a handsome lad with an olive tone to his skin and curly black  hair that was cut short. He stepped back and turned to the entry for the arrival of his scheduled opponent.

"His opponent is accompanied to the ring by Synn. From Vancouver, British Columbia, weighing two hundred and twenty seven pounds, Despayre!"

Heads turned all over the smaller sports complex to witness the debut of this new face in the ranks of professional wrestling. And they were not disappointed by the spectacle that quickly unfolded before their eyes as the well-known enigma of the business, Synn, was backing down the aisle with both hands on a chain, and the subject of the match itself was attached to the other end, struggling and clawing to get back away. Hands reached out to the man named Despayre and he jerked away from each one, but when he pulled away from the one, the other from the other side of the entrance would manage to touch him, inciting a reaction.

Synn got to the ringside area and managed to reel him in, like a fisherman with a prize catch. Putting an arm on his shoulder, Synn leaned in and whispered into his ear but Despayre shook his head in the negative and backed away from the ring as if hesitant to enter the squared circle. The deranged one's lack of focus was cut short when Synn reached inside of his leather trench coat and removed a teddy bear dressed in a suit and tie costume and set it under the bottom rope. Despayre's eyes became glued to the fuzzy object and with a gentle nudge on his back, the yet-to-debut rookie slid inside beneath the bottom rope and sat back in the corner with the bear held in his lap.

Jimi V looked at the unfolding scenario with arched eyebrows, disbelief etched on his face. Was this an act or legit? No one in power had informed him beforehand and he exhaled through pursed lips and shrugged it off. The referee stepped into the center of the ring and called for the opening bell, but as Jimi came out from his corner, Despayre had refused to.

The crowd started to grow restless as the newcomer seemed content to sit in the corner and 'play' with his so-called manager while Jimi complained to the official to make this guy get up and start things off. The referee stepped over to Despayre's corner and tried to speak to him but the man turned away from him and tried to keep his attentions on the bear he had ironically dubbed as 'Angel'. The referee then reached for the bear to remove it physically but Despayre reacted immediately and knocked the man's hand away and he started to grab at the official's shirt when Jimi ran in and met him with a sliding dropkick to the lower sternum area.

Synn quickly grasped the bear from the ring as Jimi pulled the stunned Despayre up and sent him into the ropes, meeting him with a second dropkick on the rebound. Despayre was quickly up and Jimi greeted him with three straight knife-edge chops to the chest, giving him what would fast become red welts on his pale skin. Despayre fell back into a neutral corner but Jimi was all over him and sent him into the opposite side and came in with a Stinger splash.

Despayre staggered outward and Jimi sprang up onto his shoulders and brought him over with a victory roll, hooking his legs for a count of one before Despayre struggled free early. Jimi pulled him up and sent him into the ropes again, but this time on the rebound, Despayre ducked a clothesline and as Jimi turned about, a roundhouse right-handed fist to the jaw floored him.

Jimi hit the mat hard and Despayre began to put the boots to him before dragging him up to his feet by the hair. he shoved the smaller cruiserweight into the ropes and began to choke him on the top rope, holding him there for the referee's mandatory count of four before catapulting him back to the mat. Despayre looked out to Synn who called out to cover him and doing as instructed, Despayre scrambled over to him and draped himself over V's upper body but received only a two count.

Despayre pulled him up and attempted a belly to back suplex but Jimi landed on his feet behind him. He grabbed him in a rear waistlock and ran him into the ropes but Despayre held on and Jimi rolled back. Jimi then sprang up and dropkicked Despayre in the middle of him back, sending him over the top rope and outside to the floor. The fans were cheering mightily for the young 'face' Jimi as he rolled out to follow up.

Despayre had made it to his feet at the timekeeper's table, but out of sight had grabbed hold of a glass water goblet. Jimi came up from behind and reached for his opponent when Despayre wheeled around and smashed the weapon into the youth's face, shattering it! Witnessing this infraction, the official immediately called for the bell, disqualifying Despayre.

The sound of the bell however meant nothing to Despayre, nor did the match result. Despayre bulled his body into Jimi's own, tackling him to the floor in front of the ring. Pinning the smaller man beneath his own body, Despayre began to hammer away at his face with lefts and rights. It was an inevitable result that Jimi's face was soon a mass of blood running from the open wounds via the broken glass.

The fans were on their feet, shouting at the referee and the participants. The official had jumped out of the ring and grabbed Despayre's arm, making a vain attempt to pry him off of his 'victim' but it was an unwise move as the unbalanced man came up and turned on the man, striking him down. The referee landed on his back and Despayre pounced, savagely biting him on the bridge of the nose. The referee kicked his legs and cried out but the harder he struggled, the harder Despayre held on!

Another referee ran out from the back and tried to intervene but Despayre let go of the first official and swung, decking the second and sending him back against the railing in a daze. The bell rang continuously, and the ring announcer was calling to the back for help, but was shoved aside by the demented grappler who then took his microphone. Despayre wrapped the cord around the second referee's neck and pulled, choking the life out of him! This was when the back emptied of wrestlers and security both and they began to struggle with the madman, trying to separate him from the three bodies that he'd left laying.

Even Synn himself, his mentor, knew that enough was enough and grabbed the bear and came up to him to call a halt to the rampage. Despayre kicked and screamed as five security finally pried him loose and picked him up, two by the legs and two by the arms and started for the back area with Synn in tow, the faint traces of a smile on his subdued face.

Well, I never did say things would be simple, now did I? I have heard a number of people talk behind my back and say what a mistake I've made in taking this man under my proverbial wing. They said that he was unstable and not to be controlled. I was all too aware of these facts, and I had no intention of even trying to control him. What I intended was far more productive. I wanted to unleash him instead. That will be the key to their success, and your own untimely demise.

You see Hank Henry III, you speak far too lightly and understand too little. I pity you really. Your own words will haunt your defeat. Look at how you spoke about my young Gabriel. You say you know his type, that you've seen it before. If you could read so intuitively by that one appearance then I applaud you your inherent people skills. Let me clue you in on a little fact about our dear friend Gabriel.

Synn wags a forefinger directed at the camera and it maneuvers closer to him on shaky ground.

You see, Gabriel is an artist of the senses. He can and will show you something that is not there. Make you believe it, then strip it away and leave you questioning yourself. Questioning your very sanity. It's a reason that I took to him so quickly. He is a deceiver. Deception, Hank, is a quality that not everyone is born with a gift towards. His is and has always been. He has nurtured it and made with it an artful way of life. You could stand to realize that when you set foot inside of the arena against him, but to quote your own words; I've seen your kind before.

This business? It is filled to the rim with men such as you who believe they can know no wrong. They believe that when they set foot inside of the ring, they stand within their land, their kingdom. How many would-be conquerors in our own history had believed such falsehoods about their own greatness, only to see it torn down in rivers of blood? That is the prophecy of your own fate. You think we see you as easy prey.

Synn shook his head and smiled before bringing his eyes back up into the lens.

Not so, but I do appreciate the regard. If anyone were making that mistake, I would say it's you and this partner of yours. Judging by your own words, you have already dismissed Gabriel and Despayre, and are in the process of planning your next conquest. Fate works it's darkest wonders against those who would dismiss it such as you have. If anyone should be fearful of the future, it would be you. Take a look at your own partner.

Man fears the unknown. It is an inevitable fact of life. This man who goes by the name Fang claims to know no fear.

Synn chuckled.

Liar, liar. Pants on fire. Show me a man that claims to hold no fear and I will show you a liar. No mortal is fearless. There is always a shadow that lurks in the deepest recesses of his soul. He had not overcome all fear, but merely suppressed them. Take the bravest of soldiers on the battlefields of the world. They know that deep down, this day could be their very last. They could die a violent and bloody way, and that is what forces them to fight all the harder. To keep that fear from coming to fruition. It is why the dark has always been our greatest source of fear throughout time. It is where shadows are at their deepest and anything could emit from them and strike us down.

He tapped his temple and nodded.

That is why I am here Fang. That is why I want you to understand that those very fears will be brought to light for your own benefit. You actually believe that greed will prevent Gabriel from doing what is required of him to win? Are you daft?? It is that very virtue that will force him to move ahead and strike down every obstacle in his path to walk away this eve with his and Despayre's arms raised in victory!

Settled back in his chair, Synn kicked a leg up over his bended knee and seemed to relax a bit. He paused for a moment's thought before bringing his foot back down and leaned forward, his elbows propped on his knees.

Perhaps that there is what you both need to think about before you decide to decide that the match is already done and decided. The two of you act as if my men will lose inevitably simply because they know not what you both are capable of.

Synn arched  eyebrow.

Pot, meet kettle? Perhaps you both should understand, that this is simply anything but the case. Try to remember. I know with all the head injuries you must have received in recent times might make thought a tad difficult, but bear with me.

Evidence exists of your exploits. Evidence exists of your matches. You can be scouted. Gabriel and Despayre, cannot. You have yet to see either man in action. You have yet to see either display what they are capable of. Gabriel, well...

Synn held his hands out for emphasis.

I'll allow his tricks and skills speak for themselves. As for Despayre, how does one prepare for meeting a rabid animal? After all, you can't prepare for what can't be expected. And if Despayre is capable of anything, it is indeed, anything. Try to remember that. You may just survive long enough to retire with some modem of what dignity you'll be left with.

"FLIGHT A16, TO FORT WAYNE, INDIANA, UNITED STATES, NOW BOARDING AT GATE 12! FIRST CLASS PASSENGERS NOW BOARDING!"

Synn looked up and sighed, then looked back at the camera.

Well, I suppose that was inevitable. It was fun. Hank, Fang, please do give my regards to your next of kin. Come.

Synn stood up and walked off-camera.

The camera then "turned" about face and found Despayre's teddy bear's own face right in the lens.

*static*
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."