Author Topic: “Another Chance!”  (Read 170 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Another Chance!”
« on: May 24, 2024, 09:32:41 PM »
Caleb and Nakita would get knocked out in the first round of the Blast from the Past Tournament but Caleb’s return to SCW wasn’t done yet as he had been entered into the Fresh Face Battle Royal that was serving as this week’s main event! But who were his opponents?

Teddy Warren, Jamie Dean, Bill Barnhart, Rodrigo Afonso, Lyle Kasey Jr., and Justin Smith! Winner faces Finn Whelan for the World Heavyweight Championship and Finn was on commentary to boot! Can Caleb win?

Caleb’s hotel room, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Friday the 24th of May 2024, 13:00pm

Didn’t think I was going to get this second chance but here I am, competing in SCW for the second time this month!

Hell I was relaxing at home when I got the call, it literally went “hey Caleb, we need faces for a Battle Royal, winner is Finn’s challenger at Into the Void, you in?” and, well, how could I refuse? And just so we’re clear that was before I knew that Teddy and Bill where in this thing as well.

Throw in a guy who I never faced in my original run because he was before my time (Jamie Dean) and two new opponents (Rodrigo Afonso and Justin Smith) and yeah, this is going to be a hell of a match, and probably my last chance to get on the Into the Void card so yeah, there’s that part of it too.

“So, partnership with Nakita didn’t work out but she landed on her feet at least.” Katie commented as she just finished getting caught up on SCW programming since my run in the Blast from the Past Tournament got cut short. “And it looks like The Conspiracy will be laughing all the way to the bank because there’s a decent chance that Alexander and Luna’s teams will meet in the finals.”

”I’d be lying if I said that I wouldn’t want to see that.” I commented with a shrug as as sat down on my bed. ”Not too familiar with Raven or Luna but tag team partners clashing in the Blast from the Past Finals is something I’m surprised has never happened in SCW before.”

“Won’t be a true clash off course, due to SCW’s gender rules and all.” Katie responded with a shrug and I nodded in agreement. “And after all that you’ve got this Fresh Face Battle Royal, thoughts on this Caleb?”

”You know my history with Bill and Teddy! Hell I faced Bill in my one and only Blast from the Past Match.” I responded with a shrug and Katie nodded as she got the idea, ”Jamie was before my time off course but Rodrigo, LJ, and Justin? I’m interested to see how I stack up to those new guys.”

“Well, from what I’ve seen Rodrigo and LJ are also high flyers but Justin’s just a hardcore brawler, he also didn’t have any wins prior to joining the tournament so good for him on that front.” “Katie commented with a nod as she looked at her information. “But the nature of a Battle Royal means that high flying isn’t a good idea because all it would take is one opportunistic opponent to send you flying and you have history with two of them.”

”Yep! And Bill and Teddy are about as opportunistic as they come.” I nodded in response as I rested my hands behind my head. ”Either way? My Blast from the Past return may have been a dud but at least I’m getting a chance to make up for it.”

“Damn right!” Katie nodded in agreement before the topic shifted elsewhere.

Gettysburg Military Park, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Friday the 24th of May 2024, 16:00pm

*promo time*

Guess who’s back? Back again.

”What? Did you think you were done with me that quickly? Well, you were half right! I did return home to Syracuse after my elimination from the Blast from the Past Tournament but after I got the offer to compete in this Battle Royal? I jumped right on it!” I stated as I walked through the Gettysburg National Park. ”and that was before I knew Teddy and Bill were in this thing as well as Jamie, LJ, Rodrigo and Justin! What can I say? I missed this place!”

Let’s start with my old enemies.

”We can’t escape each other Bill! That seems to be a unwritten rule of SCW, doesn’t it? Whenever we are both around “The Metal Storm” has to face Old Fart Barnhart!” I stated with a grin as I folded my arms. ”And believe me, I’ll use this Battle Royal to finish what we started in the match with Nakita and Roux! Which of course means I’m going to beat you!”

And……………..

”Teddy Warren, the persistent cockroach of the men’s division, how many returns is it now Teddy? And once again, this one has fallen flat on its face.” I started as I folded my arms. ”Remember what we feuded over who was the better musician? Good times, remember when I eliminated you from this Battle Royal? Well, that hasn’t happened yet but it will!”

And the rest.

”I don’t mean any disrespect to LJ, Jamie, Rodrigo, and Justin but I don’t know enough about you guys to address you one at a time, I know Jamie was before my time, I know LJ and Prodrigo would be great individual match ups for me because we’re all high flyers and I know Justin is a flat out brawler who recently won his first match, but aside from that?” I could only shrug. ”I don’t have much to say to you guys except good luck!”

It's that simple.

”Because you will need it! Last time I held a title not only did I lose it after one defence but my arm got dislocated, why yes it did hurt!” I patted my once injured arm ”And this Sunday I’ll show you all that I’m back with a vengeance when I win this battle royal and book my ticket to Into the Void!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Finn, I know you’ll be watching and all I can say to you is good luck in our title match!” I added as I grinned broadly. ”I’ve waited three years to return and I’m not letting it go to waste so to my opponents? Just let the Metal Storm descend upon you!”

I walked off as the scene fades.
user posted image