Author Topic: ARIANA ANGELOS v GEORGIE ROBINSON v SELEANA ZDUNICH  (Read 113 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
ARIANA ANGELOS v GEORGIE ROBINSON v SELEANA ZDUNICH
« on: April 01, 2024, 10:51:31 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“New Year, New Angel Part IV: For Glory!”
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 10:46:34 PM »
Ariana may have gotten her first win of the year when she beat Ericka Moore at the last Climax Control but getting her second win of the year wasn’t going to be any easier as she took on two faces from her past, namely? Seleana Zdunich, someone Ariana beat in her first ever SCW Title defence and the only woman to challenge Ariana for the same title twice, and the Golden Briefcase Holder Georgie Robertson who had been a lighting rod of controversy as of late and had beaten Ari at last year’s Summer XXXTreme, can Ari win?

Ariana’s new home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 4th of April 2024. 17:00pm

Not even halfway through the year yet and I feel like this year has been a bad one for me already.

Aside from mistakenly thinking that Athena (technically our oldest pet and we only say that because we’re not sure how old the feral Peaches is) was pregnant (and that’s a long story), this week has been pretty uneventful aside from getting Athena spayed so that we don’t have to worry about her getting pregnant, we thought she was spayed when we first got her but the vet told us that she hadn’t and that she was a healthy cat otherwise.

We still had the three dogs checked, Zeus is scheduled to be neutered next week (and the jokes I could make about Greek Mythology are hilarious to anyone who knows Greek Mythology), Echo’s too young to have that kind of treatment and so is Oreo (though that will be the top priority once those doggos are old enough) but yeah this week has been pretty quiet by wrestling standards, especially considering Blaze of Glory is next week.

Speaking off.

Last year’s events are just that, the past, it did make me reevaluate my friendship with a certain Aussie but I’m past it and that’s what matters but this year’s event has still managed to drag up old memories again, not only am I in a second Triple Threat Match at this show following last year’s clash with Kayla and Melissa but I’m facing two women I’ve fought before, Seleana and Georgie.

Selana, as much as I respect her as a wrestler, is someone who may as well be the poster girl for one hit wonder in the Bombshell Division, her World Bombshell and Roulette Title Reigns feel like distant memories at this point yet she still fids herself in title contention, as for the other woman in this match? Well, she at least has a legitimate reason to be in the title scene, even if she’s getting attention for the wrong reasons.

I’ll give Georgie credit for going out there and making a statement against the three singles champions in the Bombshell Division a couple of weeks ago but if you ask me? In the end she just pissed off Bobbie, Tempest, and Juliana and if she does cash in at Blaze of Glory? I’ll be happy to soften her up for them.

I’m not even expecting a title shot in return for the deed (though I wouldn’t exactly be complaining either), I just know how I’d feel if Georgie attacked me like that if I was one of the champs, spoiler alert: I’d be livid!

”Has it been a year already?!” I wondered as I leaned back in the sofa, Athena laying on her back purring away as she did. ”Feels like even more time has passed.”

”Times flies, doesn’t it?” Francisco asked and I quickly nodded in agreement. ”Not to mention how much time has passed since you last wrestled Georgie and Seleana.”

”If we’re talking purely one on one? Sure, but Seleana was in the Open Invitational Match that ended my Roulette Title reign and the Battle Royal for the Bombshell Internet Title after Aleesha vacated it due to injury.” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco nodded. ”I’ve only had only match against Georgie and that was at last year’s Summer XXXTreme, which she won.”

”And that show was more about us getting married the week before anyway, at least as far as we were concerned.” Francisco nodded in agreement and I sighed as I looked towards the ceiling, Echo and Oreo entered the room with their tails wagging but Athena continued to pay he two dogs no mind. ”Who knows? Maybe Blaze of Glory could be the start of something new for you?”

”How?! The Triple Threat may as well have filler match written all over it,  and after I lost the Mixed Tag Title Match I’m not exactly on any champion’s radar right now.” I point out that fact and Francisco nodded. ”Then again that didn’t stop Krystal at last year’s event.”

”Definitely don’t go as extreme as her but it’s still something to think about.” Francisco responded and I nodded before I started stroking Echo and Oreo with one hand each.

The Disaster Diaries, Ariana’s office, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 5th of April 2024, 14:00pm

(on camera, start vlog, promo time)

As I started the Vlog I had a lot on my mind.

”Blaze of Glory is almost here! And it’s going to take a lot for this year’s show to be worse than last year’s, at least for me anyway!” I commented with a frown as I addressed the camera. ”At least last year I was in a title match, only thing this match has in common is that it features two opponents who I’ve wrestled before and one of them is a former champion, though I will still say that Seleana and Georgie are steps down from Kayla and Melissa!”

Yep.

”At least that match had something other than bragging rights at stake but considering it’s taken me nearly four months to win my first math this year? I’ll take what I can get to be honest!”  I added and as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Way I see it? This match may as well be the Georgie Robertson show! Me and Seleana are practically distractions for Ms. Controversy as she decides which champion to cash in on, would be a shame if she was too beat up to even think about it, wouldn’t it?”

And Seleana?

”We may be afterthoughts in this match Seleana but we may as well make the most of this, am I right? Everyone expects this to be an easy ride for Georgie given our respective records, I say we spoil Georgie’s party, what do you think?” I asked with a cheeky grin as I leaned my head back. ”I’d say that I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not Georgie but I’d be lying, I want this win, no, I NEED this win!”

It's that simple.

”It’s like I said, I just picked up my first win of the year after three months of trying, I’m not about to lose again.” I stated as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And Seleana and Georgie are all that stand between me and that goal! At least I won’t have to worry about Georgie weaselling her way out of this one like she did against Mercedes and Seleana will be a great match as always! But in the end?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”I have the most to gain from winning this match and trust me, I’m going to do everything in my power to not only spoil any plans Georgie might have but put Seleana down for the count as well!2 I added as I folded my arms in the x shape showing my fingerless gloves. ”And whilst Georgie and Seleana bask in the glow of the Golden Angel’s light I will do what I couldn’t last year and win! See you in the ring at “New Year, New Angel Part IV: For Glory!” at, well, Blaze of Glory girls!”

I turned off the webcam as the scene fades.

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: ARIANA ANGELOS v GEORGIE ROBINSON v SELEANA ZDUNICH
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 11:51:05 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, April 5, 2024
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
9:01 PM  PDT

Inside the office, Seleana stands, waiting for her friend and zoo head veterinarian, Dr. Michelle “Chavy” Chavez, to come in and discuss what she’s found in her return. She had spent the last few months on maternity leave since giving birth to a daughter, Marlene, in October. Now she was back at work and ready to see how things had kept up in her absence. As she walks into the room, Seleana can’t help but smile at seeing her friends in the office gain.

Seleana Zdunich: How’s it, Chavy?

The doctor smiles brightly.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: I’m happy to be back working again. I missed the animals so much when I was off with Marlene.

Seleana can’t help but smile broadly.

Seleana Zdunich: How is motherhood?

Tears of joy start to well up in Chavy’s eyes.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: I had no idea I could love someone like this. Teddy’s been so good with her. It would surprise people so much given what everyone usually thinks of him.

Seleana nods, visibly impressed as her opinion of Teddy Warren did not tend to be very positive at all.  . 

Seleana Zdunich: Is he?

Chavy nods happily.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: He’s taken to her like e another with a cub, it’s so cute!

Seleana nods slowly, seemingly taken aback by her opinion being apparently proven so wrong about Chavy’s husband.

Seleana Zdunich: Juliet had said he was being different now that he had you. I am happy to see he is sticking to that, ja?

Chavy nods.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: He’s been trying to talk me into trying physical competition things now too.

Seleana cocks her head slightly, frowning just a little at this.

Seleana Zdunich: Like what?

Chavy knickers.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: He’s talked about me trying wrestling and he’s talked about buying a football team in that league that Brittany, Brayden, Sofism Halo, Christina and Alex are all involved in.   

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, that is me as well. Christina has asked me to come play in that league the way I did in the other one she played in. We were on the same team.

Chavy beams.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: How’d you do?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: She was the quarterback, I was a receiver. I do ok, I think. I not hurt the team but we did not go all the way to the championship either.

Chavy nods.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: I don’t know what all Teddy has in mine but he’s been trying to talk me into playing. He seems to think I can play quarterback but I don’t know if I’d do that great.

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: He probably thinks you have steady hands for this job so you would be good at throwing the ball.

Now it’s Chavy’s turn to shrug.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: Yeah, but the animals don’t try to hit me here. How bad would it be if I played and got hurt? I wouldn’t wanna lose this job because I tried another on the side. I’d miss the animals so bad…

She looks down, sighing.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: And what would I do about Marlene? 

Seleana moves over, smiling and pats her friend on the shoulder.

Seleana Zdunich: You do wonderful. If you do not want to play, just tell him.

Chavy nods.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: You all seemed to manage without me well enough. The animals are all in good shape, the check-ups have been performed in a timely manner. Everything seems in order.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, because you set everything up and were available whenever a question arose. We had all the help we needed thanks to you.

Chavy smiles brightly.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: I just wanted to keep this place going, I love it so much.

Seleana beams back at her.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, that is me as well.

Chavy hugs Seleana.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: Thank you for keeping my seat warm for me.

Seleana hugs her back.

Seleana Zdunich: Of course, who else would I want in this job but you? You are wonderful and you are wonderful at it.

Chavy nods gratefully.

Dr. Michelle "Chavy" Chavez: I love you, Sel.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you too, Chavy.

On-Camera
Saturday, April 6, 2024
City Park
Adjacent to Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
4:21 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting outside on a bench in the park that was built next door to the Zdunich Zoological Gardens. Seleana looks around, enjoying the scenery as she contemplates the future.   

Seleana Zdunich: I admit, I did not expect this to last.

A small, wry smile comes to her face.

Seleana Zdunich: They do not just build such things here often.

She looks up slightly.

Seleana Zdunich: Usually, it is another building for commercial use, or a building for high-end apartments. Something that will be tall, ugly, and for someone to make obscene money by stealing the area from those who can least afford it, ja?

Looking around even more, Seleana takes in all of the surrounding area.

Seleana Zdunich: I expected this to be another promise to be broken like so many have been before.

Looking back uo, Selean’s gaze falls directly on the lens of the camera

Seleana Zdunich: I have lived here for nearly ten years’ time now and I cannot remember how many times something like this was promised in this city. It seemed like every time it was talked about, something else would happen to be used to explain why it would not happen after all.

A small sigh with more anger on it than she intended escapes her lips.

Seleana Zdunich: It is like the first idea that was used to get me to try professional wrestling.

She nods as she pats her chest.

Seleana Zdunich: I was promised a tag team that has still not happened yet.

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Plans change, I know.

She almost laughs as she looks off into the distance across the grass.

Seleana Zdunich: I have been called a broken promise myself as I have won two championships but at my age, experience and length of service in SCW, I should have won more, ja?   

Looking back into the camera, Seleana glares harshly.

Seleana Zdunich: As if the problem is I just have not tried hard enough to put in enough work or otherwise have exerted the popper effort, ja?

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: För fan i helvete! Ni jävla idioter! Ni gör alla sådana höns av fjädrar!

Looking momentarily angry with herself for her little outburst, Seleana shakes her head again.

Seleana Zdunich: Skit också!

Still visibly annoyed, she looks back up into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I have watched a great many of you promise many things.

She nods grimly.

Seleana Zdunich: Things you could never hope to deliver.

The anger washes over her, seemingly almost rippling as it goes.

Seleana Zdunich: You promise to end me. You promise to run me out of this sport. You promise to win all the championships. You promise I will never amount to anything because you will make certain it never happens. You promise you will break me.

An almost wicked grin comes across her face.

Seleana Zdunich: You all break those promises every time you get in the ring with me.

She raises a hand to stop the inevitable response and retorts.

Seleana Zdunich: Some of you won matches, ja?

She nods as if the answer is obvious.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, you win, but you broke your promises to end me, to break me, to run me off. You break your promises to humiliate me beyond all repair.

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: None of you have done it.

Glaring even more harshly, her eyes narrow.

Seleana Zdunich: None of you CAN do it.

Her hand balls into a fist, threatening to slam down on the bench.

Seleana Zdunich: Now I come to a match with Ariana Angelos and Georgie Robertson.

She nods.

Seleana Zdunich: I have been in the ring with you before, ja?

Sitting forward, Seleana folds her hands across her lap.

Seleana Zdunich: You have both promised such things before, not as vehemently as others but…

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I shoul laugh at the very idea of such promises now. They have been made so many times, so often and always end up broken.

She snickers as she shakes her head again.

Seleana Zdunich: It is almost like an addict who has not yet hit bottom yet and makes promises they know they will not keep, but do anyway because they cannot help themselves. It is part of their addictions and they will do anything they have to try and feed it.

She nods, the grin fading away as she glares into the camera and points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Whether anyone wishes to acknowledge it or not, I am their addiction. Even when they try to blow me off or disrespect me, they cannot help themselves.

She nods pointing to herself even more emphatically.

Seleana Zdunich: I am everyone’s broken promise and I will go on making everyone break those promises because they fail to realize that you cannot break what is wild at heart.

She smirks.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln. You cannot tame a wild cat that refuses to come in from the jungle.

She stands up, glaring pointedly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: It is my home and I will not leave.

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“New Year, New Angel Part V: Well……”
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 09:16:30 PM »
Blaze of Glory was nearly here as was Ariana’s Triple Threat against Seleana Zdunich and the Golden Briefcase holder Georgie Robertson! But whilst Georgie had been silent, Seleana has at least put in some effort, can Ariana win her second match in a row?

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 11th of April 2024, 14:00pm

Man, I hate to have to call back to last year’s show but what do you expect me to do otherwise?

At least my first Internet Title Match was competitive, but this?! The only thing this match has in common with that match is that it was a Triple Threat Match, Georgie is silent again and Seleana? I’m not even sure where her mind is.

In other words, I think I’m the only one who gives a crap in this match.

It’s like Georgie did that stunt a few weeks ago with the champs and didn’t really have a plan beyond it! Seleana at least has title credentials but those feel like a lifetime ago, my Internet Title Reign may have been short (thanks Courtney) but I’ve at least held a title recently.

Or held a title in general in Georgie’s case, and no, the Golden Briefcase doesn’t count.

”Gods, has it been a year already?” I wondered to myself as I looked back on last year’s Blaze of Glory, only really fast forwarding through Krystal’s attack on me and Cassie because, well, bad memories and all. ”At least no one’s planning on stabbing me in the back THIS year!”

”That you know off.” Francisco responded simply and Ariana turned to her husband with a mock glare. ”Would Krystal’s actions have had the desired effect if she had made her plans public.”

”To quote one of my favourite Disney Movies, no, no, he’s got a point!” I chuckled in response before there was a knock at the door, naturally Oreo, Echo and Zeus all went racing to the door and I got up. ”And speaking of favourites, it’s time my favourite part of owning three dogs at once, answering the door and the doggos get to the door before you!”

”At least the cats are pretty chill about it.” Francisco pointed out as I made my way to the door and three the one large, fully grown dog and the two puppies, when I reached the door I saw one of my new neighbours and I opened the door slightly.

”Err, hi, sorry I’m navigating around my dogs.” I greeted the older guy as the three dogs got more excited, I managed to reach the door without letting them out and closed it behind me. ”How can I help you?”

“I just wanted to get to know the new neighbours, though I wasn’t expecting a girl as pretty as you.” The neighbour explained and I nodded in response with a slight grin. “So are you Italian?”

”Close, I’m Greek.” I corrected him as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”My husband’s inside and he’s Brazilian, we moved out here because we needed extra space for our dogs.”

“Yeah, I hear you, plenty of space for the dogs to run around out here.” The guy nodded in response as he looked around. “What do you do for work Ms.?”

”Ariana, and I’m a woman of many hats.” I responded with a grin as I folded my arms. ”But my main jobs are a cooking YouTuber and a professional wrestler for Sin City Wrestling.” I added and the guy’s eyes lit up when he realized that he recognized me.

“I thought you looked familiar! I thought all the SCW wrestlers who live in Vegas live over by the strip.” The older guy responded and I nodded in response. “How’s Carter these days?”

”Doing well, getting ready for the Mixed Tag with Kat Jones against The Barnharts, not to mention his wedding to Miles.” I responded with a shrug and the older guy nodded. ”Other than that? He’s doing good and so am I, or about as well as u can in this crazy division.”

“Yeah, I hear you, well good luck, we’re rooting for you.” The older guy responded before I returned to the house and navigated around the dogs again.

The Disaster Diaries, Ariana’s home, Las Vegas Nevada
Friday the 12th of April 2024, 21:00pm

*start vlog, on camera, promo time*

As I started the vlog I sat in front of my laptop with an annoyed expression on my face.

”Ever get the feeling that you got the short end of the stick? Because that’s how I feel with this Triple Threat Match right now.” I commented as I made myself comfortable. ”On paper this should be a great match, two former two time champions against the Golden Briefcase holder, need I say more? Unfortunately, in reality this match is probably gonna be a dud based on the effort by my opponents.2

Big quotation marks there.

”I mean Georgie continues to make me wonder how she won the Golden Briefcase Match in the first place with the lack of effort she’s been putting into her matches lately, and somehow? I doubt that’s gonna change!” I commented as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”And Seleana? What’s there to say that hasn’t already been said about her? She hasn’t held a title in years, as in, before the pandemic years, yet they keep hyping the fact that she’s a former World Bombshell Champion like Julianna beat her for the title instead of Courtney!”

But I digress.

”Regardless of how you look at it? I’m getting back to my winning ways with this match, winning ways that started with my win over Ericka at the last Climax Control! And trust me, I’m going to keep that train of momentum going until I take back the Internet Title, no matter who’s holding it by the time I get there!” I stated as I leaned forward on my desk. ”And if you think for even a second that Seleana and Georgie are going to get in my way? Big mistake!”

It's that simple.

”I don’t even know where my opponents’ heads are right now, only that they seem to be a lot less invested into this Triple Threat than I am! I beg these guys to prove me wrong because they are both talented wrestlers but somehow? I just don’t see it happening.” I added as I folded my arms. ”And I guess we’ll see if I’m right or not on Sunday, won’t we?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”I will say that I expected a lot more from this match but what can you do when it’s apparent that your opponents couldn’t give a crap!” I shook my head with a disappointed sigh. ”And as you guys bask in the Golden Angel’s Light? I’m going to set my sights towards the future and whatever the next cycle has in store of “The Golden Angel” Ariana Angelos! See you guys in the ring at “New Year, New Angel Part V: Well……”!”

I turned off the webcam as the scene fades.

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: ARIANA ANGELOS v GEORGIE ROBINSON v SELEANA ZDUNICH
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 10:12:17 PM »
Off-Camera

Thursday, April 11, 2024
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
9:01 AM  PDT

Inside the office, Seleana is getting ready to head out when her daughter-in-law, Haylie Jo “halo” Annis, comes walking into the room.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, HayJo, how’s it?

Halo smiles at her mother-in-law.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Hey, Mama Sel, how’s it goin’?

Seleana nods at the few papers left on the desk.

Seleana Zdunich: I am almost ready to head to Flagstaff for Blaze of Glory.

Halo nods her head understandingly.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Yeah, I remember how big a deal that was when I worked for SCU.

She shakes her head sadly.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I miss that place. I never got to team with Jane and Cheech there. I dunno why, you’d think with all the GRIME stuff that having a three person team would have been a good idea but it just never happened. Gutter Ballet never got to see the light of day there.

Seleana almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: It is like the mWo with Zenna, Eavan and I, ja?

Halo nods her agreement.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: That never did really happen, did it?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No.

Halo shrugs.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Guess that runs in the family.   

The two share a laugh.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Halo shrugs.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: So, how do you see this match y’all gonna have, Mama Sel?

Seleana takes the moment in and sighs.

Seleana Zdunich: I have heard it called things that are not what you wish your match to be called.

Halo frowns.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: You ain’t serious.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: We have been declared an afterthought at best and the pissbreak at worst.

Halo folds her arms in disgust.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Y’all ain’t no pissbreak, Mama Sel. Who the hell are you in there with then, Philo and Gunge?

Seleana smirks at the Fraggle Rock reference.

Seleana Zdunich: Ariana Angelos and Georgie Robertson.

Halo just stares at her mother-in-law as if she just sprouted a second and third head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: But, thoe are both championship type competitors. Ain’t Ariana won a couple too?

Seleana nods matter-of-factly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, she has.

Halo nods in acknowledgement.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: And Georgie’s been in competition for them?

Again, Seleana nods matter-of-factly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, she has.

Halo nods and then points at Seleana.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: And I know you done won a couple yourself.

Seleana nods matter-of-factly one more time.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I have.

Halo looks away, shaking her head before looking back.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Then what in the unholy fuck is this afterthought bullshit?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Some of us are not well thought of lately and this match has no direct championship stakes.

Halo just stares back looking almost ready to explode.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Well who gives a rat’s free fuckin’ ass if the jack-me-off-and-show-it-to-everyone championship is on the line or not? Y’all have all been in the mix before, ain’t nobody should be blowin’ this off like it’s the chance to walk off and piss the beer out!

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, that is me as well but I cannot help if others see things differently. All I can do is go into the match and ork to change minds there.   

Halo nods in both agreement and understanding at her mother-in-law’s plight.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Give ‘em hell, Mama Sel.

Seleana smiles and embraces her daughter-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: I will. I will not allow this thought to top me, especially when I know Aurora will be watching.   

Halo smiles with pride.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: That little girl ain’t lettin’ any of us give up, is she?

Seleana glows with the same pride.

Seleana Zdunich: No, she had faith in all of us.

Halo smiles gratefully. .

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Bless her heart.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: She loves us and we her. I love you, HayJo. 

Halo smiles and hugs her mother-in-law again.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I love you too, Mama Sel. Knock ‘em dead!

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I will.

On-Camera
Friday, April 12, 2024
Random Building
Flagstaff, Arizona
3:24 PM  MST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing outside a building with a giant Historic Route 66 sign outside of it built into the wall. Seleana looks around, nodding to herself at the surrounding area.

Seleana Zdunich: This is poetic for this match, ja?

Shrugging, she looks around her again.

Seleana Zdunich: Many people would look at Ariana, Georgie and I and say we are little more than afterthoughts that used to be something or should have been but got supplanted by better things.

A grin comes to her face as she looks at the sign behind her. 

Seleana Zdunich: This city is full of such things. It started with the railroad and then had Route 66 come in. They fight until the interstate highway system take over.

She nods and pats the sign.

Seleana Zdunich: And think of what they both used to be.

Turning to look into the camera again, Seleana

Seleana Zdunich: The railroad usd to dominate travel in this country. It ruled the country and was the way goods and people moved great distances for a long time. Nothing could compete with it and it was able to lay claim to be the greatest champion in the land.

She spreads her arms wide to encompass everything that can be seen.

Seleana Zdunich: Whole cities grew around it, taking their place as great centers of everything and making the railroad even more powerful as they did.

She shakes her fist.

Seleana Zdunich: Nothing could challenge it.

She sighs heavily. 

Seleana Zdunich: Then Route 66 came about and the automobile rose up. The very things that had once given it power now cast the railroad aside because Route 66 was much faster and easier. More towns grew into cities because of being with Route 66. Songs were written for it and it usurped the railroad's place and the railroad quickly became…

She nods sadly in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: An afterthought.

She glances back at the sign.

Seleana Zdunich: Route 66 became the king of everything for a time as well. People worshiped it like a god.

She nods almost sadly at the sign.

Seleana Zdunich: And then the interstate system came into being. Airplanes came to help challenge as well. Buses and cars that had once stuck to roads like route 66 abandoned it for the interstates. Towns that had been growing were suddenly left behind as others grew and prospered near the interstates.

She reaches up and places her hand on the sign.

Seleana Zdunich: Route 66, that had once been the champion of champions that had dethroned the previous champion, was now an afterthought as well.

Seleana nods dolefully at the sign.

Seleana Zdunich: Ariana, Georgie and I have been looked at like this as well.

She turns to face the camera again.

Seleana Zdunich: We have all been on the rise and touted as things that should take over only to have others come along usurp that position out from under us.

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja?

She nods, a small smile coming to her face.

Seleana Zdunich: So now we stand in this match that others will dub the “pissbreak match”

Seleana shakes her head in disgust.

Seleana Zdunich: They make hens out of feathers.

She turns and points to the sign behind her.

Seleana Zdunich: People call us afterthoughts but this is an opportunity to rise again in a different way just like Route 66 and the railroad have.

She steps back from the sign and nods to it knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Now, they are tourist attractions here in Flagstaff. The old depot is still a train station but it is also now the welcome center and visitor center. Route 66 is plastered all over town and the songs have given it new life to attract people to come see why they were written to begin with. They were given an opportunity for new life…

Seleana turns and looks gravely into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: As are we.

She nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ariana, Georgie, we can look at this as a waste of time and a waste of our talents. We can see it as a nothing match with nothing at stake. You are welcome to that opinion if you wish it, but I…

Shaking her head, Seleana points to herself in the chest.   

Seleana Zdunich: I refuse to see it that way.

She points again into her chest.

Seleana Zdunich: I see this as an opportunity to put everyone else on notice. This is our chance, my chance to steal this show and remind people what we were and what we can be again!

She nods, her hand balling into a fist.

Seleana Zdunich: This is it, Ariana and Georgie. This is our opportunity to show the world, to show the roster, to show the company that we are not just warm bodies to take up space and keep the ring in use while those that actually matter wait their turn.

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No! This is my chance to remind everyone of why I am here. This is your chance to do the same. Call it an afterthought, call it what you want, but I do not see it that way. 

She points first to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I am not an afterthought.

Then to the camera

Seleana Zdunich:  And neither are either of you.

She nods and then slaps the sign behind her.

Seleana Zdunich: We are attractions that people pay to see and it is time we remind everyone else of this. If we are to go down, then it will be in such a Blaze of Glory as to make others stand up and take notice!

She pounds her fist into her other hand.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln. I will see you there and I will make certain this is not an afterthought match!