Author Topic: Preparations  (Read 69 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Preparations
« on: March 22, 2024, 10:47:18 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, March 22, 2024
Gym
Shieldmaidens Clubhouse
San Clemente, California
9:01 PM  PDT

The place was not quite as empty as it had been the last time Seleana had been here. This time, a lot of the Shielmaidens were around and working out in the rings for their respective independent dates that were coming up soon. Milling about the area and watching one ring were the club’s co-sgt-at-arms, tag team partners Chiaki “Chi Chi” Sanada and Jane “Hammer” Harper. Inside the ring was Chi Chi’s young cousin, Ichika Sanada, her friend Hiroko Sakurai, Toshiko Tanaka and club prospect Yukari Kojima, the four seemingly working on working as tag teams in front of the multi-time tag teams champions, Chi Chi and Hammer.

In another ring stand full patches, Gina “Spitfire” Cassiano, Yumi “Zero” Kojima, Alessia “Hellcat” Drakos and Amelia “Mustang” Holt, collectively known as the Warbirds, also working on their tag team chemistry together. Watching on with them is Seleana and Diamond’s step-daughter, club prospect Brittany “B-Brat” Williams alongside her fellow prospect, Dawn “D-Dub” Warren.

As the two women who were there as family connections, Seleana Zdunich and Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell continue scanning the scene as they walk towards their daughter-in-law, Club VP, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis, they watch as Full Patch and recent rookie wrestler Ravenna “Cuervo” Rojas completeness her Hindu squats to get herself ready for another session in the ring herself.   

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: : Hey, Mama Sel, Mama Alex…

As Halo nods to her mothers-in-law, Seleana and Diamond both nod back, happy to see her.

Seleana Zdunich: HayJo.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: HayJo.

Halo grins.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: : Y’all need to simulate an opponent?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Mine will nto be as tall as you.

Halo nods.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: : I got it, I’ll be right back with Rocket.

Halo heads off in search of the person she just mentioned while Seleana an Diamond start stretching out. 

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: Where is this week?

Seleana Zdunich: Tucson.

Diamond nods.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: And your opponent is?

Seleana Zdunich: Georgia Robertson.

Diamond frowns.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: Did they not just announce you were in a match at the pay-per-view with her?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, her and Arianna Angelos.

Diamond shakes her head.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: Does that mean you’ll be back here next week working two of them to get ready for that?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, probably multiple times since we have the open week before the big show.

Diamond considers this.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: How much history do you have with these girls?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I have wrestled them both. They have both been victorious before. I am certain I will be reminded of this repeatedly as if it is the first time it was ever said.

Diamond nods slowly.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: You’re not worried about that?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Everyone says it. I have heard that every match I have ever had in every company I have ever been in. It did matter if it was LAW, SCW, WWA, WWR, CEW under any name it used, every time I had a match, it was always pointed out that my career was less than desirable.

Diamond reacts to that list as if she’s smelled something horrid.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: I remember WWR. Isn’t WWA where you, Zenna and Chrys were a trio together?

Seleana nods, brightening up immediately.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, we were trios champions together.

Diamond smiles back.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: Looks like you enjoyed it.

Seleana nods her agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it was good. I miss that company.

Diamond hugs her wife comfortingly.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: Well we’ll have to make sure you’re ready for this one.

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack, Alex.

The two kiss, ready to go as Halo returns with her quarry, full patch Riki “Rocket” Metcalf.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: : Y’all ready?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, let us do this.