Author Topic: “Wasn’t Built In A Day Part II: Calm Before the Storm!”  (Read 129 times)

Offline Harper Mason

• View Profile
Harpin’ On With Harp, Backstage at Climax Control 388, Stanford, California
Sunday the 17th of March 2024, 21:00pm

(on camera, start Vlog)

As Harper starts her latest Vlog we see the teenager walking down the hallways with a satisfied grin on her face.

”Well, that’s my good deed done for the day and on St. Patrick’s Day to boot, I didn’t really intend to get involved in the Raven/Luna/Ben/Sam stuff but, well, I didn’t want to see Luna use Sam’s head as a gory pinata using whatever other weapons she could find.” Harper commented as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”And for now, I’m moving on, my match for Blaze of Glory has been confirmed as I’m taking on Kallie Reznik but before I shift my focus towards a new opponent, I’ve got a rematch to get out of the way first.

A rematch that all but confirms that the bosses love putting me against Jessie’s fellow Hall of Famers, and an opponent I literally wrestled in the first SCW Match of the Year to boot! We meet against Crystal.”

Harper comments as she frowns.

”You got the better of me the first time around Crystal but I’m not someone who makes the same mistake twice, I’ve learned from the mistakes I made during our first match though this time around we’ve got slightly higher steaks, Blaze of Glory is right around the corner, you’re challenging Tempest for the Bombshell Internet Championship and I just want a clean win before head into the PPV.

It's another case like my matchup with Sam, who wants this more? The Hall of Famer set to challenge the Bombshell Division’s resident bulldozer with legs, don’t tell Tempest I said that, for the Bombshell Internet Championship or little old me who’s had an eventful Supercard Cycle to say the least.

Thing is? The win may have been tainted but I still managed to give Sam a loss heading into her huge match at the Supercard, and I’m planning to do the same to you Crystal, only with no one else helping!”

*end vlog*

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 18th of March 2024, 13:00pm

Following the events of the previous night’s Climax control and the announcement of her upcoming rematch with Crystal and singles match against Kallie Harper was in the mood to get some reps in at Jessie’s gym.

”It seems that I can’t stay out of trouble this cycle.” Harper commented to Jessie as she did some warmups in the ring. ”First the card preview for my match against Sam implied that I was making noise about a return match with Bobbie which I most definitely wasn’t and then Luna cost Sam her match against me and I get crap for taking the win!”

”First time?” Jessie scoffed as she shook her head, the visibly pregnant SCW Hall of Famer had an amused look on her face. ”I’ll admit, I was ready to hit the roof when I saw Bella’s tweet to you but when you replied to it I went and watched that segment and I was like “that’s it?”?”

”Off course you’d say that, knowing your history with titles.” Harper responded as she shook her head and Jessie chuckled. ”Surprised you didn’t comment on the whole thing with Sam.”

”My history with Sam is rocky to say the least but it’s still my history, besides, I wouldn’t have wanted to watch Luna turn Sam’s head into a bucket of blood either, you just had the extra motivation stemming from your match against Sam.” Jessie pointed out and Harper nodded before sitting down in the car. ”All you can do for now is focus on the rematch with Crystal and the upcoming match with Kallie, I’ll admit, I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen from this Reznik character, she should be a good match for you.”

”Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I watched Kallie’s match against Crystal, was kinda disappointed when her match against Erika Moore got announced but I guess something changed.” Harper responded with a shrug as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”Wonder if Georgie’s announcement had something to do with it? She’s got that match against Seleana, is the guest ref for the Clash of Champions Triple Threat Match between Bobbie, Juliana and Tempest and she and Seleana have that Triple Threat with Ari.”

”That does seem likely, makes me wonder what other matches got changed.” Jessie nodded in agreement as she walked towards the ring. ”Tell me, who would you cash in on if you had that briefcase?”

”Me? That’s a tough one, the match with Bobbie was close, just thinking of my first match with Tempest makes my body ache and the last time I was in the same ring as Julianna was when I cost Mercedes her match against her back in December.” Harper commented with a frown as she thought about the three wrestlers. ”I don’t think I’m at the Internet Title level yet, never mind the World Bombshell Title level, so I guess I’d say the Roulette Title! Off course, who I’d cash in on would depend on who wins between Bobbie and Bella because I don’t like my chances in a Triple Threat Match.”

”Yet ironically I won my first title in a Triple Threat Match.” Jessie commented with a chuckle before shaking her head. ”Enough playing what if, and tainted win or not? The win over Sam did a lot to improve your stock in the Bombshell division, I know you’re going to say that you would’ve preferred winning cleanly but let’s be honest, there was no way in hell that was going to happen with Luna in the building.”

”I still could’ve beaten her fairly if she had seen Luna coming and disposed of her, then I could’ve hot her with the Crowd Killer or Encore Set for the win but you’ve got a point.” Harper responded with a frustrated sigh. ”I was so excited for the match as well, but in the end Sam’s name was added to the list of desired matches alongside Sam.”

”Trust me, when you’ve done it long as me? That list will be as long as the number of World Bombshell Champions in the present day.” Jessie assured Harper who nodded before Jessie started to walk off. ”I’m off to check on lunch, Shane should be done soon.”

”Are you sure that’s not your pregnancy cravings talking?” Harper called out to Jessie who grinned before turning over to her.

”If it was I would’ve been eating something already.” Jessie countered before she walked off.

Harpin on With Harper, Jessie’s ring, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 18th of March 2024, 14:00pm

(start vlog, on camera)

As Harper starts her vlog we see her eating some freshly cooked food.

”Sorry about the food, it’s lunch time and I’m not about to say no to Shane’s cooking.” Harper commented with a cheeky thumbs up to the camera. ”But yeah, let’s talk about this rematch with Crystal shall we? Over two months removed from the first match of the year and we’re going at it again, right before I face a new challenge in Kallie.

Off course, you wrestled her before, haven’t you Crystal?”

Harper asked before she took a bite of her food.

”I’ll admit, when I saw your match against Kallie I got excited because I figured she’d be a good matchup for me but before I can get to that match, I have to try to avenge my first loss of the year, and even saying that I know it’s gonna be easier said than done.” Harper added before she ate some more food. ”Man, that food is good! If I make anyone feel hungry whilst I film this, sorry! I wanted to get this vlog started as soon as possible! Where was I again?

Oh yeah, the rematch with Crystal.”

Harper shakes her head.

”When we faced off in your return match I’ll admit, I focussed a bit too much on your history with Jessie rather than me trying to build my own career up, granted I’m probably going to keep mentioning stuff like that as long as I face Bombshells who Jessie has wrestled in the past, which is most of the roster considering how long she was an SCW Bombshell for, but at some point I need to build my own legacy, don’t I?” Harper commented as she looked towards the ceiling. ”So yeah Crystal, I know you’re a hell of a wrestler who’s talent is only matched by your notoriety in the Bombshell Division but can you go two for two against me?

Think about that for a bit, because if you’ll excuse me.”
Harper holds up a forkful of food to her phone’s camera. ”I’ve got food to finish!”

(end vlog)

Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 19th of March 2024, 17:00pm

It was another day at Hero Academy and she was training with her good friend and fellow former martial artist Zara.

“So what do you think Harper?” Zara asked as she warmed up against the ring ropes. ”Think the next cycle will be quiet compared at this one?”

”What exactly is quiet in wrestling? This sport has so many larger than life personalities that I can’t keep track of them all.” Harper joked as she continued to warm up. ”But as for everything I’ve gotten up to this cycle? I don’t know, I’m pretty sure the Blast from the Past Tourny is set to start in the upcoming cycle and I’m set to compete in it for the first time.”

“Yeah, and if there’s any word that I wouldn’t use to describe that tournament, it’s quiet.” Zara responded with a shake of her head and Harper nodded. “And unless you end in a tag match between then and now? It’ll be your first tag match in SCW right?”

”In SCW yeah, but I’ve managed to get in a few tag matches outside of SCW, mostly with Cassie in Young Justice.” Harper commented with a nod as she threw some kicks in the air as part of her warmup. ”I’ve wrestled guys with Cass in Young Justice but never in a mixed tag team match, so I have experience without having experience if that makes any sense.”

“And you can’t wrestle the guys because of SCW’s intergender wrestling rules, so really, that experience won’t help you that much.” Zara pointed out that fact and Harper nodded as she finished her warmup, “At least you can prepare for wrestling other chicks with your matches against Crystal and Kallie, but besides that? Only way you can prepare for those matches is by training with me and the others here at Hero Academy.”

”In that case? Why wait any longer?” Harper asked rhetorically as she finished warming up and Zara nodded before they started training.

Harpin on with Harper, Harper’s loft, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 19th of March 2024, 21:00pm

*on camera, start vlog, promo time*

As Harper gets ready to do her las vlog for the match against Crystal she got ready to speak her mind.

”Sorry, no food this time, I made enough of a mess in Jessie’s ring!” Harper commented as she leaned back in her chair. ”But my match against Crystal is still firmly on my mind, on one hand? She beat me the first time, on the other had? Since that match I’ve had my first title match in SCW, won my first match of the year and went down fighting against Tempest, but you?

You’ve been on a bit of a decline haven’t you Crystal?”

Harper brushed some hair over her shoulder.

”You beat Kandy Kaine two weeks after our first match, then lost to Bella in a Street Fight, was the first one eliminated from the Blood Bath Brawl and just a couple of weeks ago you lost to Kallie, almost makes you wonder how you won that poll for Tempest’s challenger at Blaze of Glory, over Alexandra Callaway who has a win over Tempest and Ms. Golden Briefcase herself Georgie Robertson.” Harper commented as she flipped some hair over her shoulder. ”Did they think that Callaway getting two title shots in a row was too much? Were they worried that Georgie would cash in after losing? Assuming, off course, they could scrape her off the matt first? Who knows, I can barely keep track of politics, never mind silly wrestling polls on twitter! But there is one thing I know for certain Crystal.

Entering a title match whilst coming off a loss is generally not a good sign! Just look at my own match against Tempest.”

Harper commented as she reflected on how simple it was,

”Either way Crystal? It’s been too long since I had a winning streak and it’s high time I ended that.” Harper added as she looked at her nails playfully. ”I know you want to end that losing streak of yours just as much, but how well will that play out for you? Will you prove me wrong and beat me on Sunday? Or will I be proven right?

Either way, this is gonna be a hell of a match!”

And with that Harper decided to wrap things up.

”And from the time the bell rings to start the match I’ll have one goal in mind, get that win back.” Harper added as she flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And when I do beat you? Well, we’ll see how the next few weeks play out, won’t we? But there’s one thing I know my certain Crystal, the world needs a new hero and her name is “The Slaytanic Avenger” Harper Mason! See you in the ring at “Wasn’t Built In A Day Part II: Calm Before the Storm!”

Harper turned off her camera as the scene fades.