Author Topic: Challenges.  (Read 57 times)

Offline Erika Moore

• View Profile
Challenges.
« on: March 15, 2024, 02:30:18 AM »
Wow.

In the locker room area Erika sat there holding an ice pack to the back of her neck. The adrenaline was starting to wear off. Her body ached all over. Rightfully so considering she had just competed.

Her first wrestling match in about two years. Her first match since inking her name to a deal with SCW. It was no joke. Taylor came to fight and rocked her a couple different times.

There was even at one point when she got dropped. She considered not getting back up because of the amount of pain she was experiencing but she wasn’t raised to be a quitter. She fought through it.

It resulted in her hand being raised. Although it was no easy task and from here on out it was only going to get harder. Erika slowly lifted the ice pack of her neck and stood up.

This is the lifestyle you chose, buttercup. You better learn to ride with the times now before they get even harder. That was just match one. Match two will be here before you know it.

Feeling those post match effects. She proceeded to look up at a mirror that was there in the locker room. Putting her focus on her own appearance. Her face was super red.

Her hair was matted with sweat. There was no style to it at all now. Couple different welts and bruises she could already see forming on her skin. This was quite the profession she had chosen.

Taylor Sweet was of equal talent. A young woman looking to sink her teeth into the flesh of SCW. She had just as much to gain as you did. But next time---

Next time is going to be a whole lot tougher.

She hadn’t realized anyone else was nearby. Nearly causing her to have a heart attack as she shot a look in the direction of where the voice had come from.

Standing there in the doorway of the women’s locker room area stood a familiar face. That  being none other than Pussy Willow. Erika arched her eyebrow a little bit.

Oh? Hello there?

Hello there darling. The name is Pussy, Pussy Willows. We’ll become more acquainted with each other as the weeks go by. I’m the lead for reporters here at Sin City Wrestlingl.

That’s quite an interesting name.

Erika’s face was already red from a tough match. Now it was a little more red from slight embarrassment over something as simple as one word or in this case a name. Willow took a few steps towards her.

Listen. Normally, I stay out of things that don’t involve me. I know what my job is and I am very good at it. Therefore I stick to it. But I overheard some things.

Overheard somethings? What does that even mean?

Let’s just say I overheard Mr. Ward and Mr. Underwood talking on their way out of the building. They sounded super impressed.

Oh. Oh! That’s a good thing then. I did something right out there tonight. Can’t be upset that I impressed the gentlemen that run the place. I didn’t want to make Mr. Ward regrets offering me a deal.

I can say you didn’t make him regret a thing. You were impressive but.

But? I strongly dislike when people do that. Such a heart-attack inducing thing. Just tell me, please!

Erika’s face was scrunched up a little bit.

Like I said I overheard some things. Nothing with too much detail but what I did hear is they want to really see what you got. They felt tonight was just scratching the surface of what you could do.

I don’t know about all of that. It sounds like they got a weird image of me. I’m nothing special. I’m still learning the ropes and the business. I just did what I know how to do and it worked out for me.

Better hope it works out for you next time too. From the sounds of it. You’re going to have your work cut out for you new girl.

Willow found herself with a bit of a grin on her face. Before starting to make her way back over to the door. Leaning against it again and taking one last look at Erika.

I like messing with the rookies from time to time. It gives me something to do. Don’t take it to heart.

Not very funny or very kind of you.

Oh come on like I said rook. Don’t take it to heart.

A small chuckle left her lips.

So, it was just you messing with me? Like I don't actually have anything to worry about. No need to be freaked out or pressured.

Oh no. I definitely overheard them talking about pushing you to your limits. I just don’t know when or who it’ll be against. Better make sure you're prepared, just in case it happens next week.

Another chuckle left Willow’s lips leading to her walking out of the room. Erika all alone again and just looking at the door shaking her head a little bit. She wasn’t sure what that was all about.

However, the amount of pressure she was already feeling overcame her physical being. It was enough to make her want to have a panic attack. Everything was coming at her so fast.

She slowly turned her attention back to her reflection back in the mirror.

You are always talking about putting you big girl pants on, saddling up, and getting the dirty work done that no one wants to do. Guess it’s time for you to live up to that.

Erika shook her head again with those parting words to herself. She didn’t know what was next. She didn’t know where things would go. She didn’t know what to expect.

But that was the nature of the professional wrestling business. It was always a business that kept you on your toes, kept you guessing, and it could take a turn at any given moment.

Only time would tell where her next chapter would end up taking her.

KNOCK KNOCK!

The very sound that was heard against the wooden door. It started with the young woman standing there in the room. Erika was facing a full-sized mirror checking out the outfit she had on. An all white dress with the cutest little rose gold colored heels to match.

Before the startled woman could say anything. The door came open as a younger looking fellow with a clipboard in hand poked his head inside the room. Locking eyes with Erika across the room.

Ms. Moore.

That’s me darling. What can I do ya for?

My name is Dennis. I’m the one in charge of today’s meet and greet for SCW. Checking to see if you were ready to head out there.

I’m going to have to be, aren't I?

A bit of a nervous laugh left the woman’s lips.

Something wrong Ms. Moore?

I wouldn’t say anything is wrong, doll. It’s just a situation where I’m a little nervous. First time I’ve done a meet and greet. Don’t know what to expect. Heck, do I even have anyone that showed up for this thing? No one knows who I am.

There’s quite the line out there for people not knowing who you are.

Dennis took it upon himself to swing the door a little wider. Leaning his body weight into in order to keep it open. His focus is still on Erika.

I’ve worked with a lot of newer talent over the years. They’re all nervous, but it’s such an easy gig Take a couple pictures. Answer a couple questions. It’s super simple. That and it really gets you familiarized with our audience.

Pretty sure it's your job to try and sell me on the fact this is easy.

Another little nervous left filled the air from the young woman. Before she started to take a couple of steps over to that door where Dennis stood.

Let’s do this cowboy!

Erika then stepped out of the room ahead of Dennis. That’s when he let go of the door and made his way ahead of ehr a bit to start leading the way. Both of them heading down a hallway before taking a left turn.

Dennis walked up to a door and pulled it open for Erilka. Allowing her to step through and when she did she was met with a long line of fans. All of which began to cheer for the woman when she walked out.

The response from those fans. As well as seeing such a long line. It made her feel more nervous, but she put on a smile. Walking over to a table that was set up for her. Dennis walked by her side as he stood just to the right of her at the table.

Alright ladies and gentlemen. Ms. Erika Moore, one of our newest Bombshells has graciously taken the time out of her schedule to meet with you all today. Please remember to be respectful.

Erika waved to the crowd a little. Her smile still featured but her cheeks were starting to turn a rosy red. Clearly showing just how nervous all of this made her.

Also, please ask any questions you may or may not have for her. Keep them short. We’re on a set time period here. Erika would love to meet with you all, this is the best way to make sure that happens. First person please come forward.

Dennis found himself motioning for someone to come up. It happened to be an older woman. She had to be in her thirties with a young girl with her. Erika greeted both of them.

Hello there! Thank you so much for being part of my first Meet and Greet! It’s all a bit nerve racking for me as it might be for you.

We are so honored to be here. My daughter got to see your debut a few weeks back. Then she saw somewhere online about this meet and greet. Hasn’t stopped asking me about coming since!

Aw, bless your heart darling. What’s your name?

Erika made eye contact with the younger fan. She couldn’t have been no more than ten or eleven. The little girl shyly looked up at the blonde. Fidgeting with her hands a bit.

My name is Sara!

Sara? That’s such a pretty name.

Thank you.

You’re very welcome, sugar. Came to get yourself an autograph, I take it?

Yes please.

I can tell your mama sure did raise you right. Such a polite young lady.

The little girl was smiling. As was her mother, but the smile from her mother was more so a sense of pride. It appeared the tension was being broken as the little girl extended her notepad.

Erika gently took it into her hands. Picking up a hot pink marker that was sat out on the table for her. Starting to sign her name to the pad.

Can I ask you a question, ma’am?

You sure can. What’s on your mind?

Do you really like wrestling? Is it fun for you? My daddy always says wrestling is for boys.

She finished signing her name as Erika put down the marker. Before handing over the pad back to the little girl.

I mean no disrespect to your daddy when I say this. But wrestling isn’t just for boys. Nothing in today's world as far as sports and such go is just for boys and girls. You’re allowed to like whatever you like.

This really made the younger girl’s facial features brighten up.

And as far as liking wrestling? I adore it. I wouldn’t ever do something I don’t like. I won’t lie to you. It’s a lot of hard work. Lots of bumps and bruises. Scrapes and all types of stuff. It hurts, but it's so much fun!

It looks fun!

I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. I can tell you that.

Erika kept her smile in full form. Allowing herself to think about her young career. It really did let her see how much she loved what she did. Even though at times it was a little rough.

The little girl had turned back to her mother as they began to walk off.

Momma. I want to be a wrestler just like her.

We’ll see darling. We’ll see.

I really-really want to be one. I swear momma.

They began to get further and further away. Before the next person had stepped forward. Taller man with a bit of a scowl on his face. Kind of just shoving his piece of paper towards her.

Erika looked him up and down for a moment. The facial expression she was giving must’ve said a lot. Because his own expression seemed to get more sourer as he looked back at her.

What are you looking at?

Looking right at someone that doesn't have any manners.

I don’t have all day. Just sign the thing. I am only here because my brother couldn’t get off work.

What a shame. I feel like your brother would’ve been a more pleasant meeting. However the bigger shame is you have to let your brother know you let him down.

Huh? What do you mean?

Simple sweetheart. I’m not signing anything. Don’t care for rude people. Not my cup of tea.

His facial turned super red within seconds. Anger consuming the young man. He slammed the paper he had down on the desk in front of Erika.

Don’t be a bitch. Sign the damn autograph.

Hey now listen what we’re not going--

Dennis, darling. I got this.

Erika found herself stepping forward. Planting her hand on top of the young man’s and pushing the paper back in his direction. Standing firm on her stance.

You can call me all the names you want, little boy. All you’re doing is showing your immaturity with a little tantrum like that. It’s not going to get you anywhere with me like it would someone else.

She watched his eyes narrow a little more with anger.

I have declined the autograph. It sucks. I'm sure your brother is a nice guy, but clearly you need to be taught some hospitality and how to deal with people. Better luck next time little guy.

Whatever. Only losers like professional wrestling. The shit is fake!

Aw, everyone look at the little manchild. He’s not getting his way, so he’s going to lash out in front of hundreds of people.

This got a little bit of a chuckle in unison from the fans standing in line. Erika clearly had no qualms about embarrassing someone that was going to act this way. Quickly, he snatched up his piece of paper.

Only to storm off out of the line and disappear within seconds. Erika found herself shaking her head a little before another fan approached her. They were decked out in all the SCW gear.

From the t-shirt the woman had on. The matching hat. Even had a personalized bracelet on her wrist that said: “I <3 SCW”. Whomever this woman was, she was a true die hard. Erika smiled in her direction.

Good afternoon ma’am! Who might you be?

Me? You don’t know who I am?

Can’t say that I do. Don’t mean to be disrespectful or anything.

My name is Martha. I go to ALL the Sin City Wrestling events. All the Climax Controls. All the supercards. Meet and greets. Autograph signings. You’ll see me right there in the front row every time!

Well then Martha. I apologize for not being more familiar with who you are. I’m a little new to the roster, as you would know. But I’ll be sure to look out for you this Sunday at Climax Control.

You got your hands full. You won’t be looking for me at all.

Martha’s statement caused Erika to be taken back a bit. Her eyebrow arched a little while looking in her direction.

My hands are full? What do you mean by that?

Mercedes Vargas. She’s no slouch. Quite the talented woman. I know every match she’s had. Including every win, loss, draw. Not to mention every championship she’s held.

Must be quite a history buff or something when it comes to the record books huh?

I take being a fan of Sin City Wrestling very seriously. Almost as serious as I take being a fan of Mercedes. You got your work cut out for you.

This was creating quite the awkward confrontation. Erika stood there looking at the woman. Remaining nice, but this woman was very forward to say the least.

I assure you. I might not know everything about Mercedes, like you might. But I’ve done some of my research. I know I’m going to be in for a tough battle.

It is going to be more than a tough battle. Do you know that your odds of winning your second match in Sin City Wrestling is about sixty percent lower now that you’re against Mercedes? That’s a fact!

A fact?

I said what I said Ms. Moore. Shall I go out to my car and get my book where I write down all my stats for Mercedes?!

Uh, I don’t think that’ll be needed at all.

I do not aim to disrespect any wrestler I meet. However, I think you need to do more research. To understand exactly who it is you are up against.

The tension was getting so tough between the two. Erika tried to take it in another direction for her sake.

I’ll be sure to take all of that into consideration. Would you like an autograph? I am sure you got a bunch of them with how big of a fan you are of the company!

No, thank you.

Oh?

I only want the autographs of the Men and Women of SCW that are actually going to be around for a long period of time. Those that mean something to the company. Not sure if you’re someone that will even be there next month.

Ouch. A little harsh. Don’t you think so?

No, not at all. I don’t believe in anything being too harsh when you’re simply telling the truth. I simply wanted to come by and wish you the best of luck against Mercedes. Because you’re going to need it.

Thank you, I think?

Right then the awkward reaction came to halt. Only because Martha had turned and walked away.Not even so much as saying goodbye. Erika looked over at Dennis.

That was awkward.

Don’t mind Martha. She’s like that with most of our new Bombshells. She’ll warm up to you over the next couple weeks. I guarantee it.

After all of that. I don’t know if I want her to warm up to me. And I don’t even know if I want this match going forward on Sunday.

A small shake of her head. Pressure was starting to really be put on the shoulders of Erika and she hadn’t even had her second match yet. Her attention proceeded to go back to the line of fans to carry on with her first ever meet and greet. Something she’d end up remembering.

► Challenges.

It was hours before the show. The Maples Pavilion wasn’t even set up all the way yet. Lots and lots of Sin City Wrestling ring crew were doing various things. From setting up the little makeshift entrance the wrestlers got to come out of. To make sure all the sound was good for Jason and Belinda on commentary.

Lots and lots going on. Including in the ring. The boards connected to the ring could be heard rattling around. Leading to the cameras cutting to that direction. Revealing that someone was running the ropes. Getting some reps in. Taking the time to go over the basics and get better like all wrestlers should.

Turns out that person was newly signed Bombshell, Erika Moore. She hit the ropes on the right side. Bouncing off them and letting her momentum carry her over to the left side. She bounced off those only to realize a camera crew was on her. Her face turned a little red from slight embarrassment.

Although she took a couple of steps towards them. This seemed like as good a time as any in her mind to address tonight’s matchup. A sweet smile crossed her makeupless expression. Before that southern accent of hers could be heard.

Challenges, y’all. Challenges.

She only smiled a little more.

Every single day we’re met with some kind of new challenge. Some of those challenges might be small. Some of those challenges might be huge. Some of them might be a major inconvenience. While some of them just might be a minor one. No matter what, we're always going to be met with challenges in life.

My first challenge with Sin City Wrestling was learning the ropes. Getting my feet wet if you will. I knew I was going to have all eyes on me. People were going to see what I brought to the table. There were people probably wanting to see little ol’ me fail as well. But I didn’t. I put my big girl pants on.

And saddled up for a ride with Taylor Sweet. Once the dust was settled. I got to ride off into the sunset with a victory. Although it seems like that victory has impressed all the right people. Or it disappointed all the wrong people. Depending on how you look at it with the challenge I have now.

The blonde found herself leaning against the ropes for a moment or two. In her head she didn’t expect too many people to be aware of what she was talking about. Or to even be paying attention to her young career. After all she had only been with the company for a small cup of coffee..

This week I’ve found out that I’m being put in my second match. Something that I look forward to, but I know I’ve got my work cut out for me. As standing across the ring from Mercedes Vargas. Quite the challenge wouldn’t you agree?

She’s a two-time Hall of Famer. She’s held the Bombshell World Championship, the Bombshell Roulette Championship, the Bombshell Internet Championship, the Mixed Tag Team Championships, and even had some success with the defunct Bombshell Tag Team Championships.

Erika found herself stepping through the ropes. Only to take a seat right there on the ring apron. Her hands folded in her lap ever so nearly. Letting her eyes fall right back in place.

Mercedes is a pioneer of the Bombshell division. She’s a woman that’s been around for quite some time clearly. Seen plenty of women come and go. Has been able to constantly invent herself to remain a staple to this division. That says more than enough about the type of woman you are, Mercedes. You certainly deserve your flowers in more than one way. I’ve got no problem being the one to give them to you.

I can assure you, Mercedes. You’ll never hear me being a disrespectful gal. Like I said in my promo last week. I know the rules. I know you are meant to pave the way for you. You’ve done just that. There’s no doubt about it. You’ve earned every bit of success that you have.

But as much success as you’ve had. As long as you’ve been around. As much as you’ve reinvented yourself and remained relevant on the roster. Please don’t let that go to your head before our meeting. Don't allow it to cloud your mind and make a poor judgment call. Don’t be a gatekeeper to the division.

She put a lot of emphasis on the word ‘gatekeeper’. It even made her eyes light up when looking at the camera. One would have to assume that was going to be a point of interest for the young woman..

I saw that back home in the first promotion I ever worked for. A woman by the name of Miss Daisy. She had been around. Held down the fort of the women’s division. Very talented woman. However, she was quite the gatekeeper. She made every new girl’s life a nightmare.

She took personal pride in stressing the new girls out. She took personal pride in making things difficult. She took personal pride in making them essentially proved to her they belonged in her division. There were even terrible stories about her hazing the girls so bad. They quit.

For a second Erika sat there shaking her head. The upset expression on her face said it all. She had sympathy for those women.

Very disheartening to say the least. No one should ever have to go through those types of things. And no one should take pride in doing those things to people. However this is the world we live in. As sad as it is, it’s still the reality.

But I only tell you about this Mercedes. Because I won’t put up with it. I didn’t put up with it with Miss Daisy when I broke into this business. I stood up for myself. I didn’t back down. I didn’t let her put me in a corner. I didn’t allow her to make me question myself. I was going to be something.

I was going to have my own success. To which I did have that in the end. But that’s a different time period. It’s a new place, new challenge, and a new woman ahead of me. However, I want success here. I want to be a vital hand to the roster. I want to be the woman, little fans in the crowd can look up to.

I want to be a woman that draws interest to this division. To this brand. To this company. I want to be a woman that makes women want to come in and prove their worth against. All in all Mercedes what I want is to be remembered here during my time with Sin City Wrestling. That’s all.

There was a certain amount of excitement in her voice. It really shined through with that accent of hers. It became heavier when she was excited or looking forward to something. Keeping that bright smile on her face. She hopped off the apron and made the camera person back up a little to keep her in the shot..

If you think about being a gatekeeper or think about trying to pull the veteran card with me. I promise you, you’re going to have a bad time. Now on the flip of it. If you want to be the person I believe you are. A woman about respect and honor. A woman that is all about putting on the best match possible.

A woman that is about representing the Bombshell division at the highest competitive level. Then by all means, that’s something I’ll engage in. That’s something I will look forward to. That’s a challenge, I’ll without a doubt be looking forward to.

The camera person found themselves taking a couple more steps backwards. Along with Erika stepping forward. She was starting to move away from the ringside area.

See, that’s kind of the risk with this wrasslin’ thing from time to time. You never know what you’re going to get with people. Not until the match is on and you’re in the thick of it. I can only guess what side of you I could end up seeing tonight Mercedes. Course a guess is just an assumption.

And you know what they say about people that assume. I will simply have to come with two different game plans. One for each approach that you could take. Which will for sure put even more pressure on my shoulders. Put more pressure on my entire young career.

Pressure isn’t a bad thing. After all you need pressure to squeeze coal in order to make diamonds. I want to one day be a diamond that shines brightly in the halls of Sin City Wrestling. Therefore I gotta put my big girl pants on and deal with the pressure.

By that point she was starting to journey up the little ramp still being built by the ring crew,

Woman to woman. Good luck tonight, Mercedes. Our first time meeting has a chance to be iconic.

Leaving the camera crew with that bright smile of hers. Before stepping right on past them to head up that ramp. Once Erika reached the curtain she grabbed it and disappeared. A few moments later the camera view went black.