Author Topic: The Reunion  (Read 109 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
The Reunion
« on: March 08, 2024, 11:58:07 PM »
Taking Care

As the SCW Internet Champion, Miles Kasey was no stranger to challenges. Whether it was facing off against formidable opponents in the ring or navigating the complexities of his personal life, he had always tackled obstacles head-on with unwavering determination. But nothing could have prepared him for the challenge he faced when Carter, his fiancé, fell ill with a severe case of bronchitis.

It started innocently enough, with Carter complaining of a persistent cough and mild fatigue. But as the days passed, his symptoms worsened, leaving him bedridden and miserable. Miles watched with growing concern as his normally energetic and vibrant partner became increasingly lethargic and irritable. And driving Miles completely insane beyond the typical.

He would have rather Carter stayed in their bed, which he knew Carter was the most comfortable in, but Carter insisted on moving himself into the secondary bedroom that was once upon a time his room. Something about not taking chances of Miles not getting sick, but it seemed like Miles was a bit immune to this particular sickness this time around.

Just like Carter did with Miles when Miles came down with a wicked case of food poisoning, Miles saw to Carter’s every need. From soup, to water, to tea...as much as Carter grumbled at the sight of it instead of his usual coffee along with medication he needed to kick this. He had more luck giving Ms. Thang her heartworm medication.

"Carter, please," Miles pleaded, his voice laced with worry, as he attempted to coax his stubborn fiancé into taking his medication on top of drinking tea instead of coffee, "You need to take this. It'll help with the cough."

Carter scowled, pushing the medication away with a stubborn shake of his head. "I don't need it," he insisted, his voice hoarse and strained. "I'll be fine."

Miles sighed, frustration bubbling beneath the surface as he struggled to conceal his concern. He knew Carter was fiercely independent and loathed being confined to bed, well at least when he was sick, but he couldn't stand idly by while his partner suffered.

"You're not fine, love," Miles said firmly, his tone brooking no argument. "You're sick, and you need to take care of yourself. Please, just take the medication and have a sip of tea. It’s either this or I’ll grab the funnel and sit on you and I don’t think it’d be good for you for that kind of action right now."

“You keep saying this and part of me is really tempted to take you up on it,” Reluctantly, Carter relented, accepting the medication with a resigned sigh. Miles watched with relief as his partner finally acquiesced, hoping that the medication would provide some much-needed relief.

“Thank you,” Miles smirked, “You know I’m not much of a fan of you being in here by yourself.”

“I’m not going to risk you getting sick too. You have too much going for you right now.” Carter says setting up to take another sip of tea, making a face, “Usually, I don’t mind tea but I really rather have coffee.”

“Yeah, well tea is better for you and it’s too late for coffee anyways, especially the kind you have. That milk isn’t great right now for you. So deal, babe.” he places his hand on Carter’s forehead, “Not feeling warm but still, you should sleep.”

“If I can without coughing.”

Miles sighs and uses the same hand to push Carter back to the pillows, “Try. I’m gonna go grab a shower and I’ll check on ya in a few. No moving.”

If there was ever a pout that could have broken Miles' heart, Carter attempted it. Carter though only got a shake of the head and a laugh, “You’re no fair.”

“And yet you agreed to marry my arse,” Miles tease, “Sleep.”

Sure enough, in the short time that Miles was in there, Carter was fast asleep. Miles tried as he might to sleep in the other room but after about an hour, he couldn’t. There was nothing he could do. They hadn’t slept in different beds since the night before they had gotten together and it was hell to try and start now.

So without so much of a thought he left their bed, looked around noticing that Ms. Thang was nowhere to be seen and made his way back across the hall. As soon as he entered the room, he found where the cat had been, with Carter, laying on his chest looking as content as can be.

“Good girl,” he said giving her a scratch on the head before walking around to the other side of the bed and laying down next to Carter. Ms. Thang knew what was coming next and she moved quickly down to the end of the bed before Miles carefully tried to not wake up Carter by gathering him up, but Carter stirred. “Shhh, don’t mind me.”

“Miles, no...I don’t want you to-”

“I’ll be fine, but I couldn’t sleep.” Miles said settling in, and after a bit Carter realizes that he’s not gonna win this argument. A smile grew over Carter’s face, “Not one word, love.”

“I wouldn’t dream of it.”

Family Matters

Miles sat in front of his laptop, the screen glowing softly in the dimly lit room. He fidgeted nervously as he waited for the video call to connect, his mind swirling with a mix of excitement and apprehension. It had been a while since he had last spoken to his sister Brianna, and he couldn't help but wonder what news she had to share. He’d hear from her via text now and again but they had all been so busy.

Finally, Brianna's tired but welcoming face appeared on the screen, her eyes lighting up at the sight of her brother. "Miles! It's been too long," she exclaimed, stifling a yawn. "How are you?"

Miles returned her smile, relieved to see her familiar face. "I'm hanging in there," he replied, his voice tinged with exhaustion. "How about you? How are Garrett and Riley?"

Brianna's expression softened, her fatigue giving way to concern. "We've been better," she admitted, her voice heavy with worry. "We’re all trying to work a lot more and well...Garrett's mother found out about your wedding, and let's just say she didn't take it well."

Miles felt a knot form in his stomach at the mention of Garrett's mother. He had always known that she disapproved of his relationship with Carter, but he hadn't expected her reaction to be quite so harsh.

"Well she hasn’t been my biggest fan since the wedding," Miles said, his heart sinking. "Is everything okay?"

Brianna shook her head, her frustration evident. "Not really. We’ve had to have her watch Riley because of all of us taking on extra jobs lately to save up. Well Garrett let it slip about the reasons why and since then she's been giving Garrett a hard time about it, saying all sorts of hurtful things. She knows not to say that to me, because I will tell her where to take her shite opinions especially when it has to do with you AND Carter."

Miles clenched his jaw, his fists tightening with anger. He hated seeing his brother-in-law suffer because of his relationship with Carter, especially when Garrett had done nothing wrong.

"Unbelievable," Miles said, his voice brimming with righteous indignation. "Garrett deserves better than that. He's a good man, and he loves Riley more than anything."

Brianna nodded, her eyes shining with tears. "I know, Miles. It's just... hard. We're doing our best to ignore her, but it's not easy when she's constantly making snide remarks and trying to drive a wedge between us."

"I wish there was something I could do to help," he said, his voice thick with emotion. "I hate knowing that you're going through this because of me and Carter. I think Carter is right, maybe planning a trip over and visiting may be a good idea."

Brianna shook her head, her gaze steady. "We would love that, Miles. But none of this isn't your fault. Garrett's mother has always been difficult, even before you and Carter got engaged. She’s just a gross human being that is unfortunately related to me by marriage."

“That whole saying about not being able to pick your family...”

“Well Garrett came with that mess. He adores you guys and you know it, she’s just...vile.”

“With a capital V. Look, I know Carter is going to be biting at the bit. Let us figure this out, but you let that bitch anywhere near my nephew after that-”

“Oh don’t you worry about that, after her last rant, even Garrett told her she’s off babysitting duty until she goes to Oz and gets a heart, a brain and a damn bit of common sense.”

“I knew he was a good man, but Wizard of Oz? Really?”

“Hey! That’s a good movie dammit!”

Miles chuckled, the tension in the room easing slightly at the familiar banter with his sister. "Alright, fair point. But seriously, Bri, if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. I'll do whatever it takes to support you and Garrett."

Brianna smiled gratefully, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "Thank you, Miles. That means the world to me. Just knowing that you're there for us, even from miles away, gives me strength."

Miles nodded, his heart swelling with love for his sister. "Always, Bri. You're not alone in this. We'll get through it together, just like we always do."

The Reunion

You know, it's been a minute since I teamed up with Ally. We've had our fair share of battles together, some victories, some not so much. But every time we step into that ring, there's this undeniable chemistry between us. It's like we can anticipate each other's moves without even having to say a word.

But this match, it's different. We're not going in as just another mixed tag team. Nah, this time it's personal. This time, it's about proving ourselves as individuals. After that last defeat, I knew we needed to switch gears, focus on our singles careers. And now, facing off against The Conspiracy, it's like the universe is giving us a chance to show just how far we've come.

Raven and Luna, they're no joke. I've seen the way they operate, the mind games they play. But we're not backing down. Not now, not ever. Raven may have his sights set on Ben, but tonight, it's all about us. It's about showing The Conspiracy that they picked the wrong opponents to mess with.

Sure, the title isn't on the line tonight. But that doesn't mean we're taking this match lightly. Every match, every opportunity to step into that ring is a chance to prove ourselves, to show the world what we're made of. And tonight, we're going to leave it all out there.

So, Ally, if you're listening, let's do this. Let's show The Conspiracy what happens when you underestimate us. Let's show them that we're not just another tag team, we're a force to be reckoned with. And when that final bell rings, they'll know that Miles Kasey and Alexandra Calaway are here to stay.

Under the starry Santa Barbara night sky, Miles Kasey sat on the edge of a weathered wooden pier, his feet dangling above the gently lapping waves below. The soft glow of the nearby harbor cast a warm, amber hue over the scene, creating an atmosphere of tranquility amidst the bustling city.

With a heavy sigh, Miles leaned back, his hands braced against the weathered planks as he gazed out at the horizon. The distant sound of seagulls mingled with the faint hum of traffic, a reminder of the world beyond the peaceful solitude of the pier.

"It's nights like these that make you appreciate the quiet," Miles remarked, his voice carrying a hint of nostalgia as he turned to his companion, Alexandra Calaway, who sat beside him, her gaze fixed on the horizon.

"Yeah," Alexandra agreed, her tone soft as she absently traced patterns in the sand with her fingertips. "It's a welcome break from the chaos of the ring."

Miles nodded in agreement, his thoughts drifting to the upcoming match. "Speaking of which, I've been thinking about Climax Control," he said, his voice thoughtful. "I know it feels like just another match with nothing really on the line but...I think we both know...This isn't just any match, Ally. It's a chance for us to prove ourselves, to show that we're more than just a tag team."

Alexandra nodded, her expression serious as she met Miles' gaze. "I know what you mean," she said, her tone determined. "We've both come a long way since our last match together. I know I’ve been through a lot and...I still can’t help but apologize."

“Don’t even worry about it. We all go through the hard times in our lives,” Miles smiled, a flicker of excitement lighting up his eyes. "But I asked you last week if you were ready for this," he said, his voice filled with confidence. "And without skipping a beat, you knew and you responded. We've faced our fair share of challenges, but Sunday, we're going to take on The Conspiracy and come out on top. Nothing is going to stand in our way."

With a shared nod of determination, Miles and Alexandra rose to their feet, their spirits lifted by the promise of the challenge ahead. As they made their way back to the bustling streets of Santa Barbara, the echoes of their resolve lingered in the night air.

“You know my dear, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.”