Author Topic: A guy that scares me, but can win against.  (Read 37 times)

Offline Rodrigo Afonso

• View Profile
A guy that scares me, but can win against.
« on: March 08, 2024, 10:58:21 PM »
Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Thursday 7th March. (Off-Camera)

It's been a while since Rodrigo Afonso had been seen in both skateboarding and wrestling scene, but today, he's in Dubai for the last time to qualify for the Olympics. Now granted, he's won more than enough, but he needed to keep showing up and the more he does, the more chances he'll qualify for the Olympics in the summer. It had been a while since Rodrigo had met his skateboarding buddies who were also qualifying for the Olympics as well. His friends Darius and Jerald were here. He also met a new friend as of late he became close to as well, Steven.

Of course, there wasn't much they could do in Dubai as the laws in the country were very strict and had to abide by a lot of things, one of them was him unable to bring his girlfriend, Ella over because they weren't married and couldn't make love if they weren't married. Of course the lads don't really know about that and Darius was the first to ask.

Darius: “Hey, where's your girlfriend you met in Switzerland?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I couldn't bring her here as the laws are extremely strict here. You can't make love to a woman in public unless you're married to them. Also, there were clothes laws that Ella did not like at all so that's why she didn't come.”

Jerald: “But we want to see her bro.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I promise, I will bring her to China with me as there's no laws about what she was against there, unlike here.”

Steven: “Yeah I totally get that. I feel like we can't really do very much here after the competition, like we have to go straight back to the hotel because you're so restricted to what you can do here.”

That was the only thing being an issue was everything was not tourist friendly. Of course, they've done everything they could in Dubai for a few days of quad biking in the desert and going to visit towers. There wasn't that much to do as Rodrigo knowing he brought his Fire TV stick, something he wouldn't be able to do in China due to licencing restrictions said this.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Hey, lets go to my hotel room and watch a movie.”

Darius: “Maybe watch The Wrestler since it's all about you, sort of after all.”

Steven: “I think Rodrigo was a bit more richer than Mickey.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “It has bits of my life in it. But we can totally watch that.”

As they weren't allowed to skate after certain hours and they've finished up the competition for the day as Rodrigo was on top with some guy from Japan in second and an young American in third. So they picked their skateboards up and headed back to Rodrigo's apartment. In a way, Rodrigo sighs a lot about the idea of Steven, Darius and Jerald wanting to meet Ella. They luckily reached to the hotel and got in the lift to go into Rodrigo's room as Rodrigo sat down as Jerald puts the TV on.

Rodrigo Afonso: “I know, I want you guys to meet Ella, I really do.”

Jerald: “Hey, we're meeting her in China, don't worry about it.”

Darius: “Yeah, it's not like you haven't wanted to introduced Ella to us, you've been busy with something far more important.”

Steven: “Yeah, having a kid man, so cool. You know the gender and all that yet?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “No, I'm keeping it as a surprise.”

While the others were getting the TV set up to watch The Wrestler movie, he got a text from SCW bosses to state he was wrestling this week, against a guy wearing a mask they showed Rodrigo a picture off and there was all of a sudden a shake from Rodrigo. Because although it was somebody new that can give him competition, Rodrigo's seen what the guy can do.

Jerald: “What's wrong man? You look like you've seen a ghost, despite you winning the skateboarding competition with this fine trophy you won.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “That's because I have seen a ghost.”

He shows the picture of what he was talking about, a picture of a big guy in a mask that fought James on the Supershow last time out and the guys nodded and saw it was a threat for Rodrigo as he couldn't really do much with the guy and they didn't know his name.

Darius: “I don't know what to say to that bro. Doesn't seem like you have any chance to win at all.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “The problem is I can't allow him to think that with me. It puts me at a massive disadvantage, for sure. However, I got to be positive about facing him because that's the way forward and that's how a wrestler mentality should be. I can't react to every single bad comment or opponent that has many advantages over me, they'd win that way.”

Steven: “That is true actually and I feel that whole skateboarding incident affected you to change a lot about how you react about wrestling and skateboarding as a whole.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Although I rather not be reminded what a brat I was as a fifteen year old when I lost a skateboarding competition, it also helps me why I don't moan or complain about anything because it made me stronger and learn from my mistakes. Believe me, there are a lot of wrestlers who act like this. Moan and bitch about losses.”

Although Rodrigo did have a bit of complaint in private about wanting more competition, it wasn't in a way that was insulting the business or insulting to go for titles as Rodrigo didn't see that as a benefit, but it was a different story to those who wanted to be in title matches for the sake of it of them not earning it.

Jerald: “What about you relax and watch this movie with us? Maybe it'll help you with this big masked dude you're facing against. Yeah those moaners and complainers shouldn't be in the business.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Agreed as it won't get you anywhere in the wrestling business or skateboarding business as I discovered. Anyway, we'll watch this movie just to relax a night in my hotel room before I call Ella later tonight before I head off to sleep.”

Darius: “She's six months pregnant now, right?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Yep. Damn, just realised, I may not be able to get you to see her in China after all. Maybe you guys can come round my house in America next week or in a few weeks to see her. I live in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Ella lives there with me now because of the baby arrival.”

Steven: “Good plan. You're so grown up at nineteen man. Respect to you.”

Rodrigo nodded as they started the movie to watch The Wrestler and although it was a movie very well known, they were right that Rodrigo could learn tips how to beat a wrestler bigger than him, much larger than him on top of brutal words he knows Entity will say to him which was something he hadn't experienced since Bill Barnhart and that was a few weeks ago. They enjoyed the movie they watched together with Rodrigo learning a few things from the movie and they, but Rodrigo leave his room, chats with Ella and then goes off to sleep. He flies to Santa Barbara, California the next day.

----------------------------------

Big masked dude can't give me pain youtube.com shoot. (On-Camera)

“I got to be honest, the dude kind of terrifies me a bit with his size and how brutal he attacked J2H in the ring. Can't say much more than that, but do you honestly think dude you're going to get anywhere by jump shot yourself to attack J2H without doing anything to deserve the match? You never deserved to face the level of talent of J2H, despite brutally attacking him for no reason.

Also, bringing a man's family into your trash talking that's the lowest of the low since they can't defend themselves, trashing his kid like that, beyond the word scum, really. I respect J2H more than I do with you currently. At least J2H is a living, breathing legend. You, you can't be bothered to put in the hard work to prove yourself against talent you should've fought in your debut.

I think you're a hypocrite honestly, saying to J2H about him refusing to respect and view wrestlers as a threat. I feel the same way with you Entity because you haven't viewed J2H a single threat and I bet you'll say things like I'm not the level of J2H. Nobody is because J2H is a different wrestler to me and to everyone on this roster and you have to be pretty stupid to say something like that.

What's so special about you Entity? What are your purpose for being here other than viewing me and everyone else you face as kindergarten-level talent? What makes you a wrestler that will be successful? Trust me, you will end up having losses and failing to deliver. Have I lost matches? Damn right I have, but I don't let them affect me because they help me improve every time in the ring. You don't understand this.

So sure, you can throw me around like a ragdoll and put out lengthy poem or rap videos to talk about your opponent, but apart from a tie with J2H, you haven't done anything as of yet to be successful. Taking J2H out is what other wrestlers have done before. Also, J2H wasn't selfish to vacate the title, he didn't as you say bury talent, he made talent better for it, something your brain would never understand.

Then again, you don't act like you'll ever become a champion the attitude you have that shows no respect to J2H and won't with me because I haven't beaten a big star. You haven't either, a tie doesn't count. I feel quite honestly, you're a piece of crap as I don't use swear words. But then again, I'm going to defeat you because if you saw what I did with Bill, I use submissions, to knock your giant ass down to the ring. You are a threat after the match with J2H yes, but there's nothing special about you other than a tie against him and it wasn't a win you want, was it?

I will make you tap out because none of your nonsense will be relevant when I win. I don't talk much like you that's meant to be a mystery, but you're not and you'll see what I'm about when I knock you down and make you tap out. I won't talk much to you because I made my points short to the point, something you should consider to make your points short instead of a drawn out poem or rap video you did with J2H.”