Author Topic: ENDEAVOR L  (Read 50 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR L
« on: March 08, 2024, 09:55:09 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 3 al 10 de marzo de 2024

OK, so things didn't exactly go as planned or as I would have liked at My Bloody Valentine and while I'm a little disappointed, everything happens for a reason, and I'm really starting to believe that. See, it would be easy to say how Bella Madison got lucky, how Bella Madison was the better woman that night, how Bella Madison deserved the win in the elimination chamber match. It would be real easy to say that. Am I saying Bella Madison is better than me? Well, let's not get too carried away here. By no means did I say I was perfect. Everyone has a bad night once in a while, whether you're the most decorated wrestler in the entire company, or someone who is stringing a few wins together. My Bloody Valentine was only a hiccup, a step back. I'll even go on to say it was a setback. It's not the end of the world. Time to dust myself off and get ready to fight another day. I've been dreaming about my next opportunity to right the ship and get that elusive win. Come Sunday, I'm about to show the world why Mercedes Vargas is that...damn...good.

The blurb written about my match had it just about right, but how many people are probably saying that the interactive poll to find Tempest's first challenger was rigged, or that I deserved to be in the running for a potential challenger? Nevermind that Seleana Zdunich somehow found her way into this triple threat because the two fans she has still think she's championship material, but I don't book the matches, so I can't say it's my problem. But you know something? Maybe they're right. They're absolutely right. I don't belong here. I don't belong in this match, and if I had my way, I don't deserve this title match.

I deserve the title.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Let's bring this to where it should be. For those of you who missed out on My Bloody Valentine, the pay-per-view certainly lived up to the name. There were high stakes to be wagered, they were feuds to be ended and grudges to be settled, there were titles that were won and lost. You missed out on a pretty good four-way match between Courtney Pierce, Tempest, Luna Pasilno, and Krystal Wolfe. Can't say I didn't expect a title change happening, but that's exactly what happened. That it was Tempest who pinned the champion that night to claim her first singles title, I guess she'll take it. I was taught never to kick a person when they're down, but I never understood why Courtney wasn't particularly liked, whether she was world champion or Bombshell Internet champion. I could have swore I heard a choir singing the Hallelujah Chorus when her reign ended. So sad.

Anyway, Crystal Zdunich awaits the winner at Blaze of Glory whoever walks out of Climax Control with the Bombshell Internet Championship, so there's some pretty big stakes in this match. They say pressure makes diamonds, and that's mostly true. And nobody knows about thriving under pressure or has the uncanny ability for delivering in the clutch than yours truly. I'm not thinking about the bright lights or the thousands of fans in the audience ... The opportunity is there for the taking, so I am fully prepared to see it through. I will make history Sunday.

So what sets me apart from the other two talented women in this match? Resilience. I couldn't care less about Tempest trying to extend her reign because come Sunday, she's going to be in for a rude awakening. Tempest is going to learn the difference between fantasy and reality. The fantasy is she's thinks she's going to hold on to that title another day; the reality is she's leaving Santa Barbara empty handed.

When Seleana Zdunich came to Sin City Wrestling, I don't think anyone thought she would be anything special but throughout that time, throughout her first few months in the company, she was known for being, well, an underachiever. Sure, she became a Bombshell World Champion and she had that run with the Bombshell Roulette Championship, but how many people even remember her reigns aside from the fact that her wife was responsible for those reigns? A fluke world title reign, a Bombshell Roulette reign from three years ago. Seleana has been floundering around the women's division ever since her fifteen minutes of fame with the Bombshell Roulette Championship was over. I bet Seleana is happy about this opportunity. Well, she should be. I know how much this match means to her. Here's her chance to claim the only singles title she has yet to capture in her career, to finally make history. She want this match so bad, she can almost see herself holding up that championship for all to see. That begs the question, does anybody want to see Seleana and Crystal fight for the Bombshell Internet Championship? No? I didn't think so. It's hard to believe this is somebody trying to live to her family lineage and also just so happens to be married to someone who has effortly got her over in SCW, because it's certainly not because she puts on great matches. Me sorprende. It blows my mind.

If anything, Seleana should be lucky to be where she is because in any other company, chances are she wouldn't even be near world championship contention. That seems like it should never have to be said, doesn't make it any less true. I'm sorry that I'm unable to mince words, it's part of my DNA. We love telling lies, but when the truth comes out, it stings a little, doesn't it? The truth tends to stir emotions. The truth causes people to shift around in their seat, it makes their skin crawl. And I know that everytime you're in that ring, that's the verbal responses you get. It's the same reactions you're probably experiencing right now because I will tell nothing but the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God.

This rivalry between Tempest and I have been going on for five years. And for most of that time, I've never had decisively beat her. Singles, tag, multi-woman, it didn't matter. She's had my number in Sin City Wrestling, something I'm not too happy to accept or admit. This is Tempest's maiden defense. Seems to me her luck is about to run out. This Cinderella story was great while it lasted. She might as well get on with making it the best one yet with the few days she has left as champion. Let's face it, Tempest doesn't know what a being singles champion is like. She's been lucky to hang around a few, but she's just a fish out of water. I couldn't care less if what she thinks of my opportunity to adding one more championship to my trophy case and rewriting the record books one more time. If she wants to prevent that, then she knows exactly what to do.

Stop me.

Win at all cost.

Do whatever is necessary in preventing me from having my hand raised as a 15-time champion in SCW and a future two-time Bombshell Internet Champion as if her life depended on it, because it does.

Mercedes Vargas: Bombshell Internet Champion. You know, it does has a nice ring to it. This Sunday, I have a chance to take the next step and claim a championship I haven't held in eight years.

Good things come to those who wait. I've been waiting for too long.

~~~

[Carmen and Mercedes are on the side of the street at a fruit stand/market.]

..:: CARMEN::..
You look tired. Rough night?

.::MERCEDES::..
Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I wake up like this.

It's a new look for you.

If I tried to look as attractive as all of the celebrities I like, I'd end up looking about as ugly as I am.

Judgemental much?

[Mecedes stops reading now as she gives Carmen her full attention.]

Judgemental, how would you know?

I don't really need a hairstylist since my pillow gives me a new hairstyle every morning.

[Carmen reaches across to Mercedes to feel her forehead.]

You OK?

(swatting her hand away) What? I'm fine. A few bumps and bruises, maybe a mild concussion, and I think I still have a few pieces of my ego lying around here someplace from my last match. Nothing serious, really.

[A man on the street recognizes Carmen. He is disheveled in appearance, but not ragged.]

Man: Hey, Carmen.

..::CARMEN::..
That's Officer Reyes to you, Irvin.

..:: IRVIN::..
 Yeah. Where are my manners? Listen, I'm really...

Whatever you're going to ask, the answer is No.

That was rude. At least hear what he has to say. Damn.

I'm in deep right now, Officer. I’m trying to make my rent.

It’s funny how the cost of living is going up but the chance of living is going down.

My compassion for people knows no bounds, so it’s gotten me in trouble. I know times are tough, Irvin, but sadly, you’re not the only one.

What do you do?

Retail. Things have gone downhill with my business. Commission isn't cutting it and I’m left with crumbs. The bills are high and the dollars are few. 

That's terrible and I feel your pain.

.:: IRVIN::..
Why does it sound sarcastic?

It's not. Just take my advice because I’m not going to use it.

[Carmen turns to Mercedes, floored. Without a beat, Mercedes offers her cousin a weakened smile.]

I'm going home.

~~~

Present Day • Tongva Park
S A N T A M O N I C A, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

[The camera peels back just a bit to show us that the SCW Hall of Famer Mercedes Vargas is at an overview deck at Tongva Park, watching the usual fare of visitors below — kids strolling along happily, folks riding bikes and playing chess, skateboarders trying out the soft-surface of the kiddie park. As of on cue, Mercedes looks up from her folded hands to the camera.]

"So, finally back after another supercard, and not a moment too soon. It's been three weeks since My Bloody Valentine and while I'm thankful for a little R&R, I'm sure most of us who was featured on the first supercard of the year are still trying to get  into the swing of things. The jetlag is real.

"This weekend, I happen to find myself in a triple threat match for the prestigious Bombshell Internet Championship against two opponents that I share a lot of history with and while I hate to say this, familiarity breeds contempt. Over to my left, you have the brand new Bombshell Internet Champion, Tempest, who, while overconfident in her interview with Rocky Mountains this past Climax Control, already claims that she her upcoming title defense well in hand, although she's held the title she now holds for a cup of coffee. Then over to my right, we have "The Cat" Seleana Zdunich, someone who has and continues to be a pain in my neck as she's seemingly has my number over the years. So what can I expect to hear from Seleana? That I don't have a title? Well, I don't see one around her waist either. That it's been two years since my last SCW title reign when I became the first-ever two-time World Mixed Tag Team Champion at Violent Conduct? I'm proud of the fact that I'm not a thirsty title-hungry bitch like her wife. Is it the stats? I like doing my homework."

[Mercedes holds up her hands in reservation.]

"Now, I have long given up on asking why good things happen to those who are just at the right place at the right time, but it is what it is. Tempest has finally reached the promise land with her first ever singles championship, so let's give her her flowers. Good on her."

[Mercedes pauses as she sweeps back her hair from her face.]

"To be fair to Seleana Zdunich - not really sure why I would, but I’m feeling charitable - it's not that she's a capable wrestler in her own right, it's not that I'm looking past her, but even if I gave her the benefit of the doubt, more than likely all she does is prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that she doesn't belong in this title match. I do legitimately feel for her.  And I get it, she wants this to be the big comeback, where she gets up from a very tough six months of lossss. It’s cute, it is.

"Determined, hungry, eager for an opportunity. Seleana gets it here, but I think we both know she is not walking out Bombshell Internet Champion. At Climax Control 387, I'll risk it all to win it all and I'm not heading to Santa Barbara just to lose. Even past my prime, I'm capable of beating any girl on any show in any match at any given time. I'm doing more, saying less. Working hard, playing less. I set the bar that few will ever reach, if they even get that far."

[Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them. She pauses, mostly for dramatic effect.]

"You know, in the weeks leading up to that battle royal last year at CC 375 back in October, I couldn't help but remember the words Tempest said about our match and, to a lesser extent, me. To hear her tell it, she says I have only on my past to rely on. Well, I'm proud of my past, Tempest. Are you proud of yours, hmm? Are you proud that it took you three years to win your first singles championship. I could just as easily rest on my laurels and simply get by on reputation alone. I'm proud to have an ego and even more proud that I'm the only 14-time champion in history, which I think is a lot more than you have right now.

"No matter what you do, what you say or where you stand, you have never been, and likely never will be, the level of in-ring performer that I am and you will never make the history I have made or will never be as great as me. Period. Full stop. End of story."

[She wears a pained expression and really milks this reaction as her lips pouts while holding a hand to her heart. Maybe sheds a tear or two in there.]

"Since I came to SCW, a lot of people have said they would be the next big thing and turn the company on its head. Rookies, veterans, young, old, upcomers, legends, champions. They're all gone, and I'm still here. A lot of people have tried to put me down, take me out. They're all gone, and I'm still here. A lot of people said that I was all hype and that I wasn't going to last, that I didn't have what it takes to make it here, but you know something? With success comes resentment. Maybe people are writing me off this weekend, maybe people are hoping against hope that your magical run continues past this show. This isn't the first time I've been overlooked in title matches and probably won't be the last. I've learned to get over it. I'm used to the haters and people hung up on my accomplishments and records. I've said this once and I'll say it again. If anything, my records should strive people to be better, not bitter.

"As someone who's been doing this for over a decade, I've got thick skin, mamita. In this business, you kind of have to or you won't survive very long. It's mind over matter and it can be soul-crushing if you allow it to be. It hasn’t stopped me from being the bonafide star I've become, whether some folks feel I'm overrated and undeserving or, well, entitled. I'm living the career most Bombshells only WISHED they had. Proud of it, not ashamed to say it. I've made a name for myself. I've proven that I'm an easy win for nobody and accomplished a lot in so little time. Don't you dare come at me arguing that my ego is how I got to where I am today or trying to reach for low hanging fruit by saying I'm over hyped for my own good."

[Mercedes maintains a calm demeanor in her voice, but you can see the seriousness on her face as well.]

"Blaze of Glory is in 37 days. I'm sure Mark Ward and Christian Underwood will find something for Tempest and Seleana to do, even if it's serving those hungry fans at catering. I'm one match away from becoming a two-time Bombshell Internet Champion and making history one more time. I'm so close to claiming a championship that I haven't held in a long time. I'm not about to phone it in or let anyone believe I'm irrelevant because I'm not holding a briefcase much less a championship, despite what they might say. It was never between me and them anyway.

"They're all gone, but I'm still here."

[Mercedes points at herself.]

"The Mercedes Vargas that was the last woman standing in the first ever Queen for a Day match in SCW. The Mercedes Vargas that went unpinned in her first ten months on the roster, then in singles for a further fourteen months. The Mercedes Vargas that won four titles in a single year alone. The Mercedes Vargas that has made the record book her autobiography. The Mercedes Vargas that has reached milestones, shattered records, and made every woman's life a living hell for over a decade. Is it any wonder why I'm the only surviving member that debuted in 2013? At what point does it stop becoming a surprise when I make history?

"I'm looking forward to giving Tempest the fight of her life and I'll make sure that her first defense will be her last. I can't wait for Climax Control when she's in front of her fans so they can witness for themselves how miserable her life is going to be at the end of the night when she's staring up at the lights and watching me leave the NEW Bombshell Internet Champion.

"The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me?"

[***Fade***]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 10:18:21 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)