Author Topic: Chapter I: New Beginnings  (Read 103 times)

Offline Erika Moore

• View Profile
Chapter I: New Beginnings
« on: February 29, 2024, 04:52:58 PM »
As soon as the rooster had begun to crow this morning. Erika was up and ready to take on the world. In this case it was taking on the farm that had been left to her back home by her grandfather. One week out of the month she’d fly herself back home and spend time there.

It was a way to keep herself grounded and a way to remind herself where she came from. One thing she didn’t want to become was a city girl. She might have ended up in Las Vegas from a previous career choice. However she wasn’t going to allow the ‘sin’ from sin city to consume her.

She found herself in the barn with one of her favorite horses. Brushing out the tail of the majestic animal. Softly speaking as if the animal understood her words.

Daisy-Lynn. We’re going to spend the day making you look your best. Paw-paw wouldn’t ever let you look less than stellar. I won’t either.

Dragging the comb through the tail ever so gently. It was then that Erika could hear something that was out of the norm. It was the sound of the gravel to her road up to the house. Taking a second to walk away and come to the barn doors.

It was there that she laid eyes on the black limousine parked on the road. To be more specific her eyes were focused on the person stepping out of the back of the limousine. One half of the owners of Sin City Wrestling and her new boss: Mark Ward.

He was starting to approach her. Erka takes a few more steps out from the barn to be able to greet him.

Well hello there mister. Think ya are a little overdressed to be out here, sir.

I don’t go anywhere not looking my best Ms. Moore. Far too much respect for myself to do something like that.

His accent just flowed so well with his words. A real proper gentleman from top to bottom. Made it heard not to have respect for someone that carried themselves in such a way.

And I wouldn’t be out here. If you were a little more modern like most of the talent I deal with on a day to day basis.

Oh?

I might be old, but I’m from an age where at least phones were a thing. Christian and myself have tried to reach out to you over the last few days.

Sorry about that, sir.

Erika’s cheeks were quite red. Showing a little bit of embarrassment at that moment.

I tend to try and keep my phone off when I’m out here at the farm. Allows me to focus on the animals and just enjoy the smaller yet finer things of life. Social media and all that is a cesspool for negativity. Not my cup of tea.

You’re correct about that. I’d be perfectly fine if all social media met their demise at this very moment. Nine times out of ten nothing positive comes from it.

Mark shook his head a little bit.

But I envy your ability to just remove yourself from the day to day craze of the world. Just to be out here in your own little world.

Think it comes naturally. I grew up like this. Never felt the need to be involved in all the modernized stuff. Me, a barn, and some animals. It’s my comfort zone.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But I came out here to tell you. You’re going to have to leave your comfort zone fairly soon.

Oh, I intend to be back in Vegas next week. Already got a couple of in-ring sessions lined up. To get my legs back under me in this opportunity you’re giving me. Once again thank you for that. Quite excited to get back to the wrestling lifestyle.

I told you before. No real need to thank me. Christian and I saw the work you showed me from your time a few years ago. You’ve got some skills. We really think you’re going to fit in with our bombshell division quite well. But...

It was the ‘but’ word that made Erika feel uneasy. She felt her stomach drop. Something just told her this wasn’t heading in the right direction.

We have decided that we’re going to need you this week in Long Beach for Climax Control.

Oh?! That’s kind of unexpected, but I can make it. Take it for some media work. Promo pics. Maybe an interview or two?[

It’ll be all of those things and a little more. We’re putting you in the opening match of the night. Taylor Sweet is a fairly new bombshell as well. Christian and I think this has potential to be a great match.

A match?!

The state of panic was starting to set in on her expression. Clearly that feeling in the pit of her gut was actually proving to be true. Last thing she wanted to do is appear as if she wasn’t thankful for the opportunity. But at the same time this wasn’t what she was expecting.

With all due respect sir. I haven’t been in a wrestling ring in over a year. I know I reached out about an opportunity and I want this. I just thought I’d have a little more time to prepare.

I will never discredit any wrestler. But I will say that most of it is very much like riding a bicycle. You may not have been on one in a few years. However, the moment you do. It is second nature. It’s not something you forget.

I don’t know if I agree with that statement. I remember how hard things were when I first started training. Like I said I haven’t been in a ring in over a year. I don’t think it’ll go smoothly.

Ms. Moore, I think you’re selling yourself short. You’re going to be just fine. And the way I see it. You got a few days to get in the ring before Sunday. Take advantage of that.

There was a reassuring smile on the face of Mark when those words escaped him. That unsettling feeling was still very much in the pit of Erika’s gut. However, it was becoming clear that she wasn’t going to be given much of a choice.

I’ll be seeing you on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes. Best of luck.

Uh, thanks. I think. I guess. I don’t know.

You’re going to be fine.

A small chuckle left Mark’s lips. Leading to the man turning himself around and heading back for the limousine there in the driveway. Erika ran her hand through her long locks. Still feeling the stress.

Oh boy, oh boy. I got my work cut out for me.

Turning herself back around. Erika began to walk back up towards the barn. This wasn’t exactly how she envisioned things going. It was going to be up to her to sink or swim.

THUMP!

The sound of the ring canvas echoed throughout the entire warehouse building. Erika laid there on her back. Felt like the wind had just been completely driven out of her. Gasping for air as she began to roll over to her stomach.

Come on Erika. It’s called a bump and feed drill.

Standing just a couple inches from her were two very tall, dark, and handsome looking men. They just happened to be the very two men she managed when she broke into the business. Clyde and Bo, better known around the Tennessee area as the tag team ‘Whiskey Lullaby.’

Erika held onto her lower back while laying there on the mat still gasping for breath. Yet somehow managing to speak between each gasp.

Clyde. . . It . . . Isn’t . . . That . . . Easy.

It wasn’t easy when you trained with us years ago. It isn’t easy each time you step into the ring. It isn’t easy as the years go on. Ya, you become more in tune with yourself and your craft. But it doesn’t get easier.

Starting to look like maybe this wasn’t such a good idea for you, ma’am. Ring rust is really exposing you right about now.

Gee... Thanks... Bo!

She forced herself to finally get to a vertical basis. Before stumbling back into one of the nearest corners and using it to keep herself propped up. Her breath finally started to come back to her.

We’re just trying to help. That’s all. We can just go back home. If you don’t want the help.

I never said I didn’t want the help, boys. I need your help. I just don’t think either of you know what I’m going through right now. This is a lot of pressure to get myself ready in just three days' time. I don’t want to go out there and just look like the drizzlings.

I get that, but you’re also trying to make every excuse in the book right now. Excuses don’t get you nowhere ma’am. Not in this business. Not in the world field. Not anywhere in life. If you want this, then prove it.

Their words were getting under her skin just a little bit. Maybe it was meant to be motivation. Maybe it was meant to upset her. No matter which one it was, it was working. Pushing herself out of the corner. Putting her hands up as if she was ready.

Fine.

Alright, same as it was before. Duck the first line. Then clothesline, back elbow, and then body slam. You got it?

Yeah, I got it. Let’s just get into it.

Following her words. Clyde stepped up and grabbed her by the arm whipping her towards the ropes. She hit them with force and came back towards him. He tossed his arm and she quickly ducked under it. Hitting the rope a second time.

As she came back Clyde really laid into her with that clothesline. Forcefully taking her off her feet not even allowing herself to bump. The shockwave that sent up her spine when she hit the mat was hard to put into words as far as the pain but she got up.

Fighting through the pain her chest felt. Only to stumble right into the back elbow that connected with the same spot on her chest sending her right back to the mat. Hitting it fast, hard, but flat to protect herself. Rolling over right away to push herself up knowing what was waiting for her.

On her feet she turned right into Clyde. He grabbed a hold of her the safest way possible and lifted her up for the scoop slam. Taking little to no time at all to slam her down in the center of the ring. Again Erika felt that shockwave of pain shoot up her spine.

She laid there on the mat attempting to catch her breath again. Hearing both of them standing above her clapping their hands together.

That was much-much better.

Still looking as natural as you did last time we trained together. It’s just getting you back into the mindset of things.

I mean this respectfully. You’re not going to march into the ring on Sunday and have a five star match that has the internet wrestling community going crazy. But you can go in the ring and put on a solid performance.

You’re really going to have to be in the ring every single week. Not just the matches, but the training. It’s going to take a few months to get you where you were when you last left Tennessee. Just keep the goals to a minimum till you get your legs back under you.

Wow. You guys are really amazing at being motivators.

Rolling back over to her knees. Erika pushed herself up to her feet and kind of glared at both of them. Their general attitudes we’re really starting to rub her the wrong way.

We’re not going to sugar coat things. You know us better than that. It’s not how we were trained. It’s not how you were trained originally either.

I am not asking for anything to be sugar coated. But, I didn’t invite both of you out here to rag on me either. I get that I shouldn’t have stepped away from wrestling when I did. I get that I should have started training before joining SCW. I get it all. But this is where I’m at now. I gotta make the most of it.

Sounds like you’re putting too much emotion behind things. It’s a business. Emotions and feelings don’t matter. If you can’t take criticism then you’re not going to make it.

Coming from two guys that haven’t made it outside the stage of Tennessee.

Frustration got the better of her. Allowing herself to lash out for a moment, Erika taking it upon herself to roll out of the ring.

What’s that supposed to mean?

I don’t want to discuss it anymore. I appreciate the two of you coming out to help, but this was a mistake. I need to learn to stand on my own two feet.

Don’t be yellow now. Speak your mind. You clearly got something to get off your chest.

Clyde. Bo. Please, let’s not do this.

You brought it up.

Fine. You asked for this.

She found herself turning back around to face them.

You two have never made it outside the state of tennessee. That’s the best it gets for your wrestling careers. Yet, you want to act like you’re a big deal. Like you’ve been somewhere. Like you’ve done something. You have always been part of a small market and always will be.

Both men stood there in the ring. Their arms folded across their chest. Taking that came out of her mouth in stride.

I have never wanted to be mean or nasty to anyone. I have always kept myself grounded. Never formed an ego. But there’s a reason we got split up when we did back in the day. I was outshining the two of you as just a manager. That’s because your work wasn’t where it needed to be.

That’s because the two of you weren’t where the company needed you to be. That’s because the writing was on the wall. You were never going to reach higher heights than where you were. It presented an opportunity for me to be something on my own. And I took it.

Life took me in a different path after things went under. I went on with college and chose a different career path. But I always wished the best for you boys. I hoped you would achieve amazing things. Have long lasting careers. Because that’s who I am as a person.

And then you want to spend your time mocking me. Poking fun at me. Taking little jabs at me. All because I did something different for a time being and now I want to get back into wrestling? That’s pathetic. Especially considering I held you in such high regard. You were the only ones I reached out to help me.

She sounded more and more irritated as she spoke from her heart a little more. The facial expressions on the men’s faces started to change.

Erika. We’re...

No, please don’t. I do not want or need your pity now. You’ve shown how you feel about me. This tells me this is the type of stuff I am going to have to deal with from others now that I’m back in the fold. Thanks for opening my eyes and showing me how even those close to you can be about your success.

Come on Erika. You’re taking it a little too far. Don’t you think?

No, I don’t. I’ll figure this out on my own. I’ll make sure I make people eat their words when it’s all said and done. I’m going to reach the success I want. One way or another.

Not another word was said on her end. The young woman turned herself around and started to walk out of the warehouse building she was in. Her feelings had been hurt. That was true, but at the same time her eyes had been open. This new chapter to her career.

It was going to be difficult. She would go through trials and tribulations. Nothing would come easy to her or for her. However with dedication and hard work. She was going to be able to achieve everything she ever wanted.

Chapter I: New Beginnings.

A wide shot of the beach was shown right away. Based on the sunlight and the temperature at this current moment it was still early in the day. Very light breeze in the air as the water could be seen slightly crashing against the sand with small waves.

The real focus though had to be the person walking in the distance. Each step that the camera took they appeared to be getting closer and closer. Their blonde hair waving in the wind thanks to the light breeze. A bright smile on their features as well. Finally being close enough to speak.

Howdy y’all!

Waving to the camera.

Won’t even lie to ya, but introductions aren’t exactly my strong suit. If anything they are more than a little awkward for me. But as my pa used to say when I was a youngin; Them's the breaks, kid.

A soft giggle escaped her.

For those that are in the dark. My name is Erika Moore. Your newest member of the Bombshell roster! That being said I’m more than grateful for the opportunity I am being given here. After all there’s no more of a talented women’s roster in the professional wrestling world than right here in Sin City Wrestling. I have goosebumps just thinking about the opportunity I am being given.

The young woman that was now known as Erika. Made sure to point to her left arm allowing a slow zoom to take place from the cameras. Sure enough revealing the little goosebumps that were raising up and down it.

I’m going to feel forever eternally grateful to Mr. Ward. As he was the one that offered me the contact deal that I’m on. However the sneaky little devil he can be. He snuck in the fact I’d be having my debut match much-much sooner than I had expected.

The softest little hint of nervousness could be heard in her accent.

Course, I am aware that I was going to have to climb into the ring at some point. That’s the whole point of me being here. I just haven’t been in the ring in about a year. I thought that maybe I’d have a little more time to prepare myself.

Get back into the groove of things. Make sure my body is in peak condition. Cardio was good. No one wants to see little ole me just out there gasping for breath.

Her nose wrinkled up with the comment.

But we ain’t always get what we want. Or in this case we don’t always get what we expect. I should know in this business. You expect the unexpected at all times.

Erika’s smile seemed to only grow a little more.

Being a bit of a country girl and knowing my way around the rodeo. A learned a long time ago you’ve got to take the bull by the horns. Show it who’s the boss and never back down. Didn’t always work out in my favor.

Got bucked off a few times, hit the dirt, ended up with some scrapes and bruises. In the end I got up, dusted myself off, and went back at it. That’s exactly how I’m going to take this return to the ring. It isn’t always going to go my way.

I’m going to get roughed up but I’ll never back down and I’ll never quit.

Her mindset was such a ‘basic’ one to have. It was a mindset that was stated by so many wrestlers over the years. Both men and women alike. Only time would tell if it would be a mindset that led to any type of success for the young lady.

This brings me to the woman I’ve been told I’ll have the privilege and honor of sharing the ring with in my debut. A woman by the name of Taylor Sweet. Now when I first started training in this business. I was taught three very crucial things. They are three principles if you will.

Principles that were supposed to make sure I had the success I wanted in wrestling. The first one was; you always respect your fellow wrestler, especially if they were a veteran or someone that had more years in the business over you.

The second principle was that you never entered a wrestling match blinded or uneducated. By that, it was told to me. You need to know your opponent. You need to know what their strong suits are. You need to know what weaknesses they have. Simply put, know what you’re against.

And the very last principle instilled into me. Never let your opponent know your next move. You have to do everything you can to keep them on their toes. The moment they know your next move or you prove you can be predictable. It’s all downhill from there. Dangerous game to play.

Erika was proving with her words that she was more than a pretty face. Her knowledge of wrestling was shining through. Something that she wanted and something that was needed in a very cutthroat division she would be entering.

Out there gate. I have to admit that I do not know a lot about Taylor. I don’t know how long the young lady has been wrestling. I don’t know how many wrestling matches she has. I don’t know where she’s been or what she’s done. This isn’t from the lack of trying.

It really throws me off my foundation and makes my principles hard to follow. All I know is that she’s had one match under her time here in SCW. A match that resulted in a loss, but I think we all know in this business. That your wrestling ability isn’t always defined by a win-loss record.

You might be one of the best wrestlers in the world. You just happen to be against someone a little better that night. Or they caught you by surprise. So many factors. In this case, I can’t judge Tayor appropriately. I am simply going to have to assume she’s the best of the best.

In assuming that. I’ll have no choice but to make sure I’m at my best. Or at least the best that I can get to by Sunday. Taylor, I want you to know. As in the dark as I am with your craft and what you may bring to the table. The one thing I won’t be is a disappointing opponent for you.

You don’t deserve that. So at the very least I can say in the end. I’m going to be able to go into this match with respect and hopefully leave the match with gaining yours. But with that being said please don’t take what I am saying as a sign of weakness.

She could be seen shaking her head back and forth. Backing up the statement that had come from her mouth. Allowing herself to further elaborate.

We all have weaknesses, but that isn’t one of them. However this goes hand in hand with not letting you know my next move. You can know that I have respect for you. You can know that I’m going to make sure I’m at my best and that I don’t intend to let you down.

You can know that I intend to be a worthy opponent. But that’s where it is going to end. I can’t reveal anything more than that. I have to keep you on your toes. Keep you forever guessing as far as what I can do inside that ring. That’s what is going to allow us to steal the show.

In the pit of my gut, Taylor. I feel like that has to be our goal. Putting on a great match is fine and dandy. Having our hand raised in victory. That only benefits one of us. But having the best match of the night while stealing the show? That takes things to a different level.

Being the new girls in the locker room. Doing something like that. It might not do us any favors to the locker room short term, but long term it’ll do wonders. It’ll make the women’s locker room put eyes on us. It’ll make the women’s locker room take us seriously.

It’ll make the rest of the women in that locker room have no other choice, but to understand that we are here to stay. That to me is more important than anything else. To assert ourselves and let them know we’re not going anywhere. But you’re going to go at things how you want.

Erika let a small shrug escape those tiny shoulders of hers.

However at the end of the day, I’m not foolish to know that it’s about yourself. I try not to be a selfish person. I wasn’t raised with selfish values, but the wrestling business is very much based on selfishness. If you don’t learn how to be a little selfish from time to time.

Then this business will chew you up and spit you out in the most disrespectful manner. Considering I am a lady and feel like spitting is something that’s rather disgusting. I don’t plan on getting myself in that kind of situation. So therefore I have to show some selfishness.

To that the only thing I have left to say is this. Taylor, I wish you the best of luck. I cannot wait to see what you bring to the ring. I can’t wait to see how our styles mixed. I just hope that you’re ready to saddle up like I am. We’re about to go on quite the bumpy ride!

That bright smile remained on the humble sounding woman’s lips for a moment. Erika found herself turning and walking away from the view. That wide shot of the beach once again being the focal point. All of a few seconds before it all faded to black.