Author Topic: MILES KASEY (c) v OLIVER ZAHN - INTERNET TITLE  (Read 728 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
MILES KASEY (c) v OLIVER ZAHN - INTERNET TITLE
« on: February 05, 2024, 09:30:13 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 09:31:51 AM by Christian Underwood »

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Re: MILES KASEY (c) v OLIVER ZAHN - INTERNET TITLE
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 11:57:21 PM »
Across the Miles: A Proposal Celebration

In the dimly lit living room of his Henderson, NV suite, Miles sat before his laptop, the soft glow of the screen casting a warm light on his face. It was the early hours of the morning, a time when most of the world still slept, but for Miles, it was the perfect moment to share his joy with his family across the Atlantic.

He glanced back into the bedroom, Carter was sound asleep with a smile on his face and seeing that helped calm himself for what he needed to do.

With a sense of anticipation coursing through him, Miles clicked on the video call icon, the familiar sound of the connection ringing out into the quiet room. Moments later, his sister Brianna's tired but welcoming face appeared on the screen, her eyes brightening at the sight of her brother.

"Miles! What a surprise," Brianna exclaimed, stifling a yawn. "It's the crack of dawn here, you know."

Miles chuckled softly. "Well I’m sorry to wake you before you had a chance to caffeinate, Bri. But I've got some big news to share."

As Brianna adjusted her headphones, Miles couldn't help but notice the exhaustion etched on her face. "Hold on, let me grab my headphones. Garrett and Riley are asleep in the next room. Garrett's got a nasty case of the flu, and Riley's not far behind. It’s like a wicked case of the bubonic plague almost, thankfully I seem to be immune at the moment."

“Ooof, and you are on how much sleep?” Miles joked.

“Not nearly enough, gimmie a mo’” she stepped out of the shot for a moment, “Alright, so what is this huge news you have to share before coffee?”

Miles wasted no time in sharing his news. "Last night... I proposed to Carter. And he said yes!"

Brianna's eyes widened in surprise, her hand flying to her mouth. "Miles, that's amazing! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both. Oh my God! Wait...where’s Carter? I thought that he would want to share the news with you at least."

“He’s asleep right now,” Miles said leaning back with a smirk on his face that only caused his twin sister to roll her eyes.

“Bragger.”

“Not bragging but-” Miles laughed lightly, “Besides, I had some time to kill before I could feel comfortable calling you. I wanted to call mum first but I wasn’t sure...”

“Well, it just so happens...” The joy in Brianna's voice warmed Miles' heart, but there was one more person he wanted to share the moment with. "Guess who just walked through the door?" she said.

As Brianna's confusion turned to delight, Mora, their mother, stepped into view behind her, her expression a mix of surprise and joy. "Miles, darling! This is a pleasant surprise! What’s with the early morning call?"

“Mornin’ mum. What has you over to Brianna’s so early?”

“Well with her boys down for the count, I’ve been bringing over meals as well as tea and helping taking care of them,” Mora said with a smile, “I do anything for my kids, you know that. Now, the reason for the call and the reason why my daughter is dancing happily over here. She looks like she’s ready to explode.”

Miles laughed, “Ok, before Bri explodes I guess- Wait, do you have your phone on you?”

“Yeah, of course.” Mora pulls it from her purse, “I just hadn’t turned it on yet.”

“Perfect,” Miles says as he quickly grabs his phone and text her real quick, “Annnd picture sent.”

After a moment, “OH MILES! That ring is beautiful. Is that for...no, wait- that is Carter’s hand.” After a few moments pass by, “Miles Anthony Kasey, did you propose to Carter?!?!”

Miles nodded eagerly, his smile widening. "Yes, Mum! Carter and I are engaged. I wanted to share the news with both of you at the same time."

Brianna finally was allowed to explode in excitement and her and Mora exchanged excited chatter, their faces glowing with happiness. "This is incredible! I wish we could celebrate together in person," Brianna exclaimed.

"We'll have to plan a trip to visit you both soon," Mora added. "But for now, oh my baby, I am just...did you call his mother yet?"

“He did it first thing when we got back from the restaurant. We have a trip to Seattle planned before My Bloody Valentine, I’m amazed she didn’t beat me to the punch.”

“Same but I’ll have to make sure to call her later. I know it’s after midnight over there.”

With a contented sigh, Miles leaned back in his chair, the glow of the laptop screen illuminating his face.

“Listen, I’m going to let you two go as I still need to get some sleep and I promise we will call you later. Tell Garrett and the lil dude that I hope they feel better, okay?”

“We will.” Brianna said.

“We love you!”

“Love you too.”

And with that they ended the call and Miles closed up his laptop and carefully entered into the room and curled up in bed next to Carter, gathering him closer.

Carter stirred ever so slightly and Miles knew he was sunk in trying to not wake his fiance up, “So, how’d it go?”

Miles smiled, pulling him even tighter, “I thought Bri was going to explode and ruin it for me, but she was able to hold it in just long enough. I was more shocked that your mother didn’t beat me to the punch.”

Carter glanced up at him, “She wouldn’t do that but I can promise you that the moment they both are awake, they may start planning the wedding for us.”

Settling down, he turned his head, “Would you really allow them to take that kind of power out of your hands?”

That brought a laugh from his fiance, “Oh hell no...but we’ll let them dream, for now.”

And it seems like the talk of anything sleep related brought a yawn to the both of them.

“Carter?”

“Yeah?”

“Just to recap, you really did agree to marry me right?”

“Mmmhmm, but if you want me to pinch you to make sure that you weren’t dreaming...”

“You do that and neither one of us is going to get any sleep tonight.”

“Well...if you insist.”

And ever so slight a movement and Miles eyes shoot open.

“And there goes my morning workout.”

Gonna Just, Breathe
Olympia, WA

As Miles walked through the house, Carter joined him, his presence a reassuring presence by his side. The weight of the recent events hung heavy between them, yet there was an unspoken understanding that carried them through.

"You okay?" Carter's voice broke the silence, his concern evident in his tone.

Miles nodded, his jaw set in determination. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just... processing everything, you know?"

Carter placed a comforting hand on Miles' shoulder, offering silent support. "It was a lot to take in. I'm just glad it's over, for now at least."

Miles turned to face Carter, his gaze softening as he met his fiancé's eyes. "Me too. I don't know what I would've done if anything had happened to you. Especially with that lot."

Carter offered a small smile, his eyes reflecting gratitude. "You've always had my back, Miles. I have no doubt about that."

“Yeah, well...I have a lot of reasons. Including but not limited to wanting that whole life with you.” Miles smirked, “I hadn’t felt like that in a while.”

They continued their quiet stroll through the house, the tension gradually easing with each step.

"I love you, you know that?" Miles said, his voice tinged with emotion.

Carter squeezed his hand gently, a tender smile playing on his lips. "I love you too, Miles. Are you sure you are alright?"

“I will be. The last two times you’ve been through something like this, you haven’t needed my protection at all. Let me tell ya though, I was not beyond putting that one uncle of yours in the ground.” Miles shook his head, “I really need to stop that feeling.”

“Hey, I know, ok? My hand is still killing me.”

“That was a hell of a punch. Even that one officer is impressed.”

In that moment, as they navigated the aftermath of the turmoil together, Miles knew that with Carter by his side, they could weather any storm that came their way. And as they emerged from the darkness into the light, their bond only grew stronger, a testament to the power of love and resilience in the face of adversity.

Like An Itch You Need to Sandblast
Back to Vegas

As Miles sat through the scathing words from his opponent, Oliver "Oz" Zahn, a mixture of frustration and determination brewed within him. The accusations, the doubts cast upon his abilities as the SCW Internet Champion, they gnawed at him like a persistent itch he couldn't scratch.

He paced the room, the weight of Zahn's words heavy on his mind. "I must have missed something…" Miles muttered to himself, his brow furrowed in thought. The implication that he was somehow unworthy of his championship rankled him deeply.

Carter watched silently from the doorway, his expression a mix of concern and support. "Hey, don't let that get to you," he said softly, stepping into the room to join Miles.

Miles sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "It's just... infuriating, you know? To have someone question everything you've worked so hard for."

Carter approached him, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "You've proven yourself time and time again, Miles. Don't let one person's words undermine that."

But Miles couldn't shake the doubt that lingered in his mind. "I know, but... what if he's right? What if I'm not as good as I think I am?"

Carter shook his head, his gaze held solid to his fiance, "You are more than good enough, Miles. You're the Internet Champion for a reason. You've earned that title, and no one can take that away from you. Look at everyone that you have faced up until now, that was no easy task at all and now that snarky bastard shows up, he takes that one win for a shot, now you are going to show him exactly why for the last 5 months you have been a terrific champ."

Miles met Carter's gaze, the warmth and conviction in his eyes a balm to his troubled thoughts. "Thanks, love. I needed to hear that."

Carter smiled, squeezing Miles' shoulder gently. "Anytime, babe. Remember, you're not alone in this. I'll always be here to support you, no matter what."

"Alright," Miles said, his voice steady with resolve. "Let's show Zahn just what the Internet Champion is capable of."

With Carter's support bolstering him, Miles felt a surge of confidence coursing through him. Together, they would prove that he was more than just a placeholder champion – he was a force to be reckoned with. And as they prepared to face Zahn in the ring once more, Miles knew that he would leave no doubt as to his worthiness as the SCW Internet Champion.

“You know, I was once that young upstart with a chip on my shoulder.”

Miles sat alone in his room, the words of Oliver "Oz" Zahn echoing in his mind. He couldn't shake the feeling of doubt that had settled over him since going back and listening to Zahn's scathing remarks. With a heavy sigh, he leaned back in his chair and ran a hand through his hair, frustration gnawing at him.

"Oliver Zahn," Miles muttered to himself, the name leaving a bitter taste in his mouth. "He's certainly not one to hold back."

As he reflected on their past encounters in the ring, Miles couldn't deny the truth in Zahn's words. There had been moments when he had faltered, when victory had slipped through his fingers. The memory of those defeats weighed heavily on him, a constant reminder of his shortcomings.

But Miles refused to let those moments define him. He knew he was capable of more, of rising above the doubts and proving himself once again. With determination burning in his eyes, he squared his shoulders and made a silent vow to silence Zahn's criticisms once and for all.

"Olly may think he has me all figured out," Miles said aloud, his voice tinged with resolve. "But he's in for a surprise. I'm not about to let him or anyone else shake my confidence. I've worked too damn hard to let it all slip away now."

"Oliver may talk a big game," Miles muttered, his brows furrowed in concentration. "But deep down, I think he's just as uncertain as the rest of us. Maybe even more so."

As he prepared for their upcoming match, Miles focused on channeling his frustration into motivation, turning every doubt into fuel for his fire. With his eyes set on victory, he knew that no matter what Zahn threw at him, he would emerge stronger, more determined than ever before.

"Spoiled little shit thinks he can waltz in here and take what's mine? Not on my watch."

He paused, his gaze hardening as he remembered their previous encounters.

"I've faced Zahn before, and let me tell you, he's nothing but a cocky, entitled brat," Miles continued, his words laced with contempt. "Thinks he can coast on the Jet City name and reputation. If I had done that with Wolfslair, I would still be back in the Roulette division spinning my fucking wheels. Yeah, I still wave the flag proudly but when you do nothing but suck on Jet City’s name, you lose your own sense of personality. The great Oz though, he has the swagger, he even has some of the titles to back it up but what he lacks, is follow-through."

He shook his head, a scowl forming on his face. "Well, he's in for a rude awakening. Because in that ring, it's just me and him. And I don't care how many fancy titles he's held or how many big names he's beaten. When he steps into my domain, he's going to learn what it means to face a true champion. I wanted you to have this opportunity Olly, I wanted to give you a chance. You slandered my name but hey, at least I beat Austin when it fucking mattered. My SCW Internet Champion IS what MATTERS Oliver. That has been for the last 5 months my whole focus in my professional life and I am damn proud to be the man to lead that division."

Miles clenched his fists tighter, his resolve unwavering. "So let him talk his talk, let him strut around like he thinks owns the place. Because when that bell rings, it's game over for him. He's stepping into the ring with me, and he's about to get hit with a force he never saw coming."

"Bring it on, Zahn," Miles said, a fierce determination burning in his eyes. "I'm ready for whatever you throw at me. And when all is said and done, you'll know exactly why they call me the Internet Champion."

With that, Miles continued his preparations, his focus unwavering as he geared up mentally and physically for the upcoming showdown with Oliver Zahn.