Author Topic: ~*~Rules of Engagement - Temporarily Suspended~*~  (Read 645 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
~*~Rules of Engagement - Temporarily Suspended~*~
« on: February 02, 2024, 11:46:04 PM »
~*~Feels Familiar~*~

Máire is teething.

Nothing unusual for a little one that is growing quickly and considering that she was only just a few days away from being a full 6 months old, it was bound to happen.

One day was never the same with that little girl and when she was in the mood to chew on everything from toys, to fingers and it didn’t matter who, mom, dad, her own, to Luka’s tail. That last one even caught the husky by surprise and since that moment Luka has apparently grown eyes out of the back of her head and any time the miniature one has made a move, Luka jumps and runs.

Mal hasn’t stopped laughing about it since then.

Even Salem hasn’t remained by Máire for longer than a few moments, even asleep.

Now where is this going, you may ask?

It is going to the point where sleep has become a fickle creature in the House of O’Connell.

Máire's teething phase had transformed the once tranquil nights in the House of O'Connell into a series of unpredictable, sleep-deprived escapades. The familiar creaks of the wooden floor beneath Bella's weary feet resonated through the dimly lit halls.

As Bella padded softly into the nursery, she found Máire nestled in her crib, little hands exploring a teething toy with newfound intensity. The soft glow of a nightlight cast a warm ambiance, revealing the weariness etched into Bella's features.

"Hey there, little one," Bella whispered, her voice a soothing melody in the hushed room, “Still awake I see.

She scooped Máire into her arms, cradling her against her chest. Máire's eyes, wide with curiosity, locked onto Bella's tired but loving gaze.

The nursery was adorned with subtle touches of whimsy, from the gentle murals on the walls to the comforting hum of a lullaby drifting from a musical mobile. Even the giant Stitch that she was gifted by Carter and Miles, sat in a corner watching over everything. Yet, even the most enchanting surroundings couldn't entirely mask the sleepless nights that had become an unwelcome visitor.

Bella settled into the plush rocking chair, the rhythmic creaking echoing in tandem with Máire's soft coos. “Thank goodness for mommy’s thinking ahead and getting the teethers.” She gave her daughter a kiss on the forehead, noting that with teething came a slight fever. “Hopefully daddy will get that medicine and we can knock down that fever and we can all get some sleep.

It was very obvious that Máire was battling between exhaustion and pain, that her whimpers and swiping at her eyes with her free hand made Bella smile sadly. “I know, baby girl. How about we tell a story while we wait for daddy to get back? You just listen to your mama’s voice and soon it will all be better.

Bella sits back and thinks for a moment, “OH! I know! Do you know that it was just a couple of weeks ago that it was a year to the day that mommy found out that you were going to be coming into the world? You see, for almost a whole year your daddy and I had this beautiful vision of making our little family a little bit bigger by bringing a little one into the world. We had some heartbreak, a lot of testing and we found out that because of something your mama went through when she was born, that she needed just a little bit of help from the doctor.

And during this time, mommy had to take some medicine and that in turn gave her some major mood swings. And you see during this time your mama had to deal with a egotistical little witch by the name of Crystal. Crystal thought that she ruled the whole kingdom, no matter how many times she kept getting stomped down.

Bella shifted a bit and turned the teether ever so slightly in her daughter’s little hands, “Well your momma was given a huge opportunity by the rulers of the kingdom to finally, once and for all show that the evil witch had no power over the land. So, without so much as a glimmer of fear in her voice, your mother stepped up and challenged the witch. Of course, for all of her bravado, the witch didn’t dare to speak back but did manage to show up for what was a battle for the ages. In the end, while the witch did give your momma a real fight, she was slain and as a gift for her hard fight, your mommy got to drive her out of the arena in a big ambulance. Of course, your mommy battled her own restraint from basically turning it into an amazing episode of Monster Jam, but she did deliver the witch to a local medical facility to be treated for her battle wounds and the kingdom lived at peace for a long, long time.

Bella smiles at the memory of it and then looks down at her daughter who is just captivated by the voice of her mother for a moment, “It is said, in hushed whispers of course, it was at that moment that I was able to finally relax enough and allow the treatments to work and it wasn’t too far into the future after that we found out that you would be coming. So, I guess, in a weird way your mommy has to thank Crystal for what she did. Máire fusses a little bit and Bella brings her up and starts to rub her back shushes her for a moment but it doesn’t seem to work so Bella stands and begins to pace the room. After a moment, she looks at her daughter with a smile, “If mommy hadn’t been able to let go of all her frustration and pent up anger, then we might have had to wait just a little bit longer for the most beautiful princess in all the land.

And that she is.” Mal’s voice breaks in as he’s standing there watching his girls, and obviously listening to at least part of Bella’s story, “But of course your daddy had a big part to play in your creation as well.

Well that’s a given but she doesn’t need to hear the dirty parts and how when you picked me up at the hospital we didn’t exactly make it all the way back to the hotel...” Bella smirks, covering her daughter’s ears for that last part, “Did you find the meds?

Mal holds up the box as he walks into the room and joins Bella and Máire in their little dance, brushing back the soft brown hair and gives Bella a kiss before kissing his daughter’s cheek, “Caught them just before they closed up for the night, thankfully they took pity on an exhausted father and helped me find it immediately. How’s my little girl doing?

The teether is helping but I think it’s the fever that is keeping her up right now.” Bella says, “Thankfully your brave warrior momma has her own white knight to help keep her sanity in check now and again.

Mal just rolls his eyes and begins to open the box up, “You’re starting to sound like the dweeb.

Bella looks at Máire with a smile, “Uncle Spinelli does tell the best stories in the most glorious fashion, but I think having a mommy original story helped too.

Well for as many stories that she has read and continues to tell, your momma is the best...” Mal looks at his wife, and gives her a kiss before he takes Máire out of her arms, “Even at giving the medicine to help their darling princess the dose she needs so the whole house can get something resembling a decent night’s sleep.

~*~Facing the Echoes~*~

Back under the glaring lights of Sin City Wrestling, there's a storm brewing, and its name is the Blood Bath Brawl.

Crystal, we share a history, one that extends beyond the squared circle, one that carries echoes of triumph and struggle.

Crystal's return is not just a reappearance; it's a resurgence. A familiar name, a familiar adversary, and now, the stage is set for a Street Fight. No rules, no boundaries, just a canvas for us to paint our shared narrative in hues of conflict.

The memories of our past encounters linger, but this time, it's different. The stakes have shifted, circumstances evolved, yet the essence remains. Crystal, you once stood as an antagonist, a force that needed to be confronted. Our past battles are etched into the history of SCW, but this time, the story comes full circle.

As we approach the Street Fight, even the Blood Bath Brawl at My Bloody Valentine, the canvas is wide open. The rules are few, the battlefield extends beyond the ring, and the clash amplifies the intensity of our shared history. Crystal, you're not just an opponent; you're a reflection of the journey we've both undertaken.

This isn't just about fists and fury; it's a confrontation with the shadows that linger in the recesses of our shared narrative. Crystal, you've shown resilience, strength to claw your way back. But remember, my narrative is not confined to the echoes of the past. I've evolved, grown, and faced challenges that transcend the boundaries of this wrestling ring.

The Street Fight is our canvas. Whether it's chaos or resolution, the outcome will be a testament to the evolution of two warriors. Crystal, let the echoes of our past propel us into a confrontation that transcends the confines of familiarity. The storm is here, and within its tempest, we shall find our destiny.

~*~Rules of Engagement - Temporarily Suspended~*~

The neon lights of Reno's streets painted a vivid tapestry of colors as Bella Madison strolled along the bustling sidewalks. The distant sounds of slot machines and laughter drifted through the air, but for her, the focus was on the impending street fight with Crystal Zdunich.

"This city," Bella mused to herself, her steps measured and purposeful. "A place of chances, of risks. The perfect setting for a street fight, don't you think, Crystal?"

She moved through the lively crowd, each person probably oblivious to the storm that was brewing on the horizon. Bella's blue eyes flickered with a mix of determination and introspection, her thoughts a silent monologue.

"Crystal, we've danced in the ring before, left our marks on SCW's canvas. But tonight, it's not about the cheers of the crowd or the echo of the bell. It's about you and me, navigating the streets of Reno, leaving a trail of chaos in our wake, and maybe some blood too. And perhaps our unfinished business will go finished for at least a little while, until we get back to Vegas and do it all over again in that insane match that we find ourselves in."

As she passed by a street performer, their music became the rhythm to her internal dialogue. Bella's gaze remained fixed ahead, the anticipation of the impending showdown palpable.

"You've earned your place in SCW again, Crystal, climbing back into the spotlight. But remember that I've evolved as well. I’m a little older, I have a whole lot more to fight for and the streets of Reno will bear witness to a different kind of battle tonight – unbridled, relentless and potentially career shortening and once again, bloody. A perfect beginning to what will be ending at My Bloody Valentine."

The cityscape served as a gritty backdrop, the street lamps casting long shadows. Bella's hands clenched into fists, the weight of the moment settling on her shoulders.

"We share an interesting history, Crystal, but tonight, we redefine it. No ring ropes, no turnbuckles. Just ground beneath our feet and the determination to prove who stands tall."

As she approached an alley, the ambient noise of the city heightened. Bella's eyes gleamed with a fierce resolve. "This is our canvas now, Crystal. Let the streets tell a story of grit. And when it's over, Reno will remember the night the my fire met the your fury."

With that, Bella Madison stepped into the dimly lit alley, ready to let the streets of Reno bear witness to the street fight that would etch a new chapter in their shared legacy.