Author Topic: RODRIGO AFONSO IS AN OPPONENT I CAN RESPECT BUT...  (Read 672 times)

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
RODRIGO AFONSO IS AN OPPONENT I CAN RESPECT BUT...
« on: January 26, 2024, 08:20:33 PM »
RODRIGO AFONSO IS AN OPPONENT I RESPECT BUT...

Narrator:  I had a conversation with Bill Barnhart, before I came on camera, concerning his upcoming match against Rodrigo Afonso at Climax Control 384. The official Card for Climax Control 384 states that Bill is still a bit upset he lost the Golden Briefcase Match, that Rodrigo Afonso ended up winning, and that he wanted another match, this time a one-on-one match instead of the multi-wrestler match. Apparently Rodrigo Afonso accepted the match request as the one-on-one match between Bill Barnhart and Rodrigo Afonso takes place on Sunday, January 28, 2024, I will now turn you over to Bill and Bea Barnhart at the Dollar Loan Center in Henderson, Nevada.

RODRIGO AFONSO IS AN OPPONENT BILL BARNHART RESPECTS BUT. . .

The scene comes into focus as the roving cameraman person focuses their camera on Bill and Bea Barnhart as they are relaxing in their dressing room at the Dollar Loan Center in Henderson, Nevada. Both are casually dressed and when the camera person informs them that they are live broadcasting Bill and Bea start their comments for Bill’s upcoming match against Rodrigo Afonso.

Bill:  Rodrigo I want to get several items out of the way early in my comments concerning our upcoming match. First I will talk about how we measure up to each other in the height and weight categories. I come into our match at 6 feet 4 inches and 240 pounds. You come into our match at 5 feet 6 inches and 170 pounds. Wow! Since this is a one-on-one match, so that you don’t have other wrestlers involved in the match to help you get a win, like you had in the Golden Briefcase Match, what does this mean for our match? It means that I have 10 inches of height over you and 70 pounds of weight. With that height and weight advantage I have over you I find it amusing. I mean, come on Rodrigo, if you just look in my direction, and then you think about how you might be able to try to pick me up and body slam me, you will sprain your back and get a hernia just visualizing our height and weight differences. Me, on the other hand, look at you like a dog looks at their squeaky toy that they bite, chew on, and toss it around the house because, after all, beating the stuffings out of your squeaky toy is fun and amusing. I am The Bulldog Bill Barnhart and you, Rodrigo, are my squeaky toy that I will beat the stuffing out of.

Bea:  Nicely stated Bill.

Bill:  Rodrigo when you enter the ring for our match you need to understand several things. This is not a Golden Briefcase match where you climb up a ladder and remove a briefcase that is hanging on a hook over the ring. No, Afonso, there is no briefcase to pull off a hook to win our match. No, Rodrigo, there are no other opponents in the match to run interference for you. No, Afonso, there’s no way in hell you are going to pick me up and body slam me when I weigh 70 pounds more than you do and I am ten inches taller than you. As I mentioned previously for me to toss you around the ring is like a dog attacking their squeaky toy and throwing it around he house. For you trying to pick me up and shove me around would be like you trying to pick up a car and trying to shove it around.

Bea:  I wish to remind Rodrigo Afonso that I am in your corner as your official licensed Manager and that I will not tolerate any cheating by Rodrigo or his friends.

Bill takes a look at his watch and he realizes there is a short time left for his air time to present additional comments for his match against Rodrigo Afonso.

Bill:  Bea it appears we have a limited amount of time to close up our comments for my match at Climax Control 384 so I will launch into my closing comments but please feel free to add your comments if you desire.

Bea:  Okay.

Bill:  At this time, Rodrigo, I wish to restate something I stated earlier. Although I congratulate you on the win in the Golden Briefcase match I did, in fact, ask to have this match with you at Climax Control 384. You probably want to know my reason and I will tell you my valid reason why I requested this match. One of the reasons you were able to grab the Golden Briefcase that was hanging above the ring was that you need to take into consideration that there were FOUR wrestlers in that match. Had that match been just me and you I would have won so easily that you wouldn’t even be able to remember that I defeated you as it would have happened so quickly.

Bea:  That was a nice, and amusing, comment Bill.

CLOSING COMMENTS

Bill:  Now, Rodrigo, here’s how our match is going to go at Climax Control 384. I’m telling you this now so that when what I state here does, in fact, happen you will not be shocked. Coming into this match you know that when you lose this match to me you still retain possession of the Golden Briefcase. So the only thing you will lose when I soundly defeat you, and totally humiliate you in the process, will be respect from the fans. . .respect from the other wrestlers. . .and you will lose your confidence and have doubts about your wrestling ability from our match until you finally cash in the Golden Briefcase and lose that match also.

Bea:  Dang Bill! Hard comments there!

Bill:  I previously mentioned that I respect you, Rodrigo, for being in a four-way match for the Golden Briefcase but you only won due to have four wrestlers in the match. I can’t change the match, the rules of the match, or the fact that you took advantage of having four wrestlers going at each other, and you were the one who gained possession of the Golden Briefcase. Yes. . .for that I respect you. . .but also I cannot have the ultimate level respect for you as you did not defeat me one-on-one in that match.

Bea:  You told me about having a unique sense of where you are at all times during a match, and what your opponent is up to, and that it allows you to counter before your opponent can act.

Bill:  Yes I will present that information before I make my final closing comments. Rodrigo I have a very unique sense of where I am at all times during a wrestling match. I have a very unique sense of where my opponent is and what they are up to. The definition of my unique sense while wrestling means I have common sense. . .uncommon sense...and you could even say I have Spidey Sense. . .in that I know when something is coming my way and I am able to react before that something hits me. Simply put, Afonso, you are at my mercy in our upcoming match but I will show no mercy towards you.

Bea:  Anything else you want to say to Rodrigo before we end this session?

Bill:  Yes, Bea, I have additional closing comments to make and then I’m done. Rodrigo have you noticed the actions of Orcas, otherwise known as Killer Whales, and Sharks when they hunt down their prey? Orcas tend to hunt Seals and they also tend to toy around with them like they are playing with them before eating them. Sharks, on the other hand, are more likely to just come at prey and gobble them down. So, Rodrigo, now that you have those mental images in your mind now you need to understand that you are the prey and I am a combination of a Shark and an Orca. I may play around with you for a bit before destroying you but I will destroy you. Have fun Afonso. . .while you can still have fun. . .while leading up to our match at Climax Control 384. . .and please enjoy the wild trip I will put you on during our match.

Bill gives a CUT sign and the camera person cuts their camera feed and our screen goes dark.