Author Topic: Putting In The Work  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Putting In The Work
« on: January 12, 2024, 09:16:14 PM »
Off-Camera

Thursday, January 11, 2024
Gym
Home of Crystal Hilton
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
6:01 PM  PST

Putting in the work.

Many people talk about it, some even do it. This was one of many things that Seleana Zdunich looked to do. It didn’t always work, but it meant she stayed in the game more than anyone tended to give her credit for. As she sits down on a bench next to the equipment in the gym, her daughter-in-law, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis

Seleana Zdunich: We are good now, ja?

Halo shrugs.

Halo: How far do you wanna push it?

Seleana ponders this question for a second.

Seleana Zdunich: Who do we have?

Halo grins.

Halo: As practice? Depends on what you wanna practice. We got Me, Ames, Mama Chrys, Mama Alex, Goldi, Tory, Katya, you remember Lassindra from WWR?

Seleana nods affirmatively.

Halo: She’s a prospect that could help. D-Dub, B-Brat, Yukari, the rookie Yukari’s been tryin to talk to coming in, Ichika, Zero, Jane, Chi Chi…

Seleana frowns in confusion.

Seleana Zdunich: Ichika runs with you?

Halo shakes her head.

Halo: Just trains, she lives with Jane and Chi Chi. Yukari and her have a friend that talks about comin’ in too named Hiroko Sakurai. Supposedly she kicks really well and wants to learn to get away from relying on that so much.

She pauses.

Halo: I’d say Cuervo too but she needs work herself and if she keeps listening to Coneja…

Seleana frowns at the name causing Halo to pause apologetically.

Halo: Sorry, Sofia…

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Sofia is a problem. She is going down a bad path.

Halo sighs, nodding her agreement.

Halo: Yeah…

She looks down and then sighs again.

Halo: I don’t know how we managed to avoid some of the shit that should have started. She got sideways with Cheech and I saw another president wade in and with her being a Carbajal, that’s…

Seleana

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, family can be a problem.

She looks down sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: So, who is a bigger one?

Halo grins.

Halo: Tory and Lass. If you wanna see if you can match strength or deal with it, that’s who you go to. They’re even bigger than me, Mama Alex and Ames. If you want speed, ain’t nobody has that more than Goldi and Cheech.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Are any of them comparable size to Bobbie, Lexus or F.M.?

Halo nods.

Halo: I believe Lass is like that team. Tory is brawn-wise. I could make a call for Dozer from Kill Devil Hills and the couple of towers they got in Jersey, Koloss and Dvořák, I think their names are. I’d say that Titaness chick from New Orleans, but I think she lives in Salem and is a little busy with her own schedule.

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: No Bobbie?

Halo shrugs.

Halo: That woman seems to be rather unique that way.

Seleana nods knowingly, sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: I will just give it a go.

Halo shrugs.

Halo: Alrighty, we’ll see what we can do, Mama Sel.

Seleana smiles at her daughter-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack.

On-Camera

Friday, January 12, 2023
Studio D
Strider Studios Complex
Burbank, California
2:01 PM  PST

The camera opens upon an audio studio set-up like a radio station with a table that has four microphones ready for people to take part in the discussion to be had. Sitting at the two spots on the one side are two caucasian guys dressed in jeans and t-shirts, an African-American man sits in a side room behind a big board, a microphone in front of him as well.  In the spot on the other side of the table sits Seleana Zdunich, almost looking like she was dressed for a job interview. Suddenly, the man off by himself nods and hits a button to start the proceedings.

Voice 1: Yo, yo, yo, yo, yo, yo…yo…YO!  This is D-Lo and I’m here with your hosts, Matt and Mark Peace, the Peacemakers Podcast! Mark? Matt? Take it away!

The camera switches from being on D-Lo to Matt and Mark Peace.

Matt Peace: Thank you, D-Lo and welcome to the Peacemakers Podcast with the Peacemakers! 

Mark Peace: And today’s special guest is a woman who has been a champion for multiple companies and is about to challenge for the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship in a triple threat match with Champion Bobbie Dahl and Hall of Famer Mercedes Vargas, Seleana Zdunich!

Matt Peace: Seleana, welcome to the Podcast!

Seleana nods, smiling broadly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, tack. Thank you for having me.

Matt Peace: So let’s start this off with and get your relationship out of the way…

Mark Peace: Do we really wanna do that?

Matt Peace: You know everybody listening or watching is gonna be thinking these things.

D-Lo chuckles.

D-Lo: Yo, everybody always wanna know where da white women at!

Seleana shakes her head as the Peacemakers just look at their producer.

Matt Peace: You tryin’ to make her think we work for T-Will now?

Mark Peace: Didn’t Teddy Warren used to say that too?

Matt shrugs.

Matt Peace: I don’t know, I think he tried a different flavor.

Mark Peace: This is true.

Matt Peace: So, let us ask you, straight up…

Mark Peace: You really wanna call something about her relationship “straight?”

Matt shrugs again.

Matt Peace: It’s weird enough as it is, so, we might as well.

Mark Peace: Alright.

Matt Peace: So, Seleana, the question on everyone’s mind with you is always, how in the hell can you stand being married to Crystal Hilton?

Mark nods pointedly.

Mark Peace: Well, that was definitely to the point…if a little tactless.

Seleana smiles sweetly back at them.

Seleana Zdunich: It is simple. I am not married to Crystal Hilton. Crystal Hilton is a persona that is put on for professional purposes, not unlike how you call yourselves the Peacemakers. You are Matt Peace and Mark Peace. I am married to Christina Zdunich.

Matt nods.

Matt Peace: What’s the difference?

Seleana Zdunich: Crystal Hilton is a character that Christina plays. Crystal is the side that Christina displays in public for professional purposes in movies, music and wrestling. Christina is the real woman, the real human being. She has real… is the word… foibles?

Matt and Mark both nod in unison.

Seleana Zdunich: Foibles. We all have them, ja?

Again, Matt and Mark nod in unison.

Seleana Zdunich: I have them, Alex has them, Christina has them, we all do.

Matt Peace: Alex is Diamond Caldwell, right?

Mark Peace: She’s a current champion herself, right? So is Crystal?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, they both are and I am so proud of them both!

Matt Peace: And now you have the chance to join them and make it a golden family?

Mark Peace: That’d be a helluva thing for the family.

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it would.

Matt Peace: So how do you see this match you’re gonna have?

Mark Peace: What kind of match is it?

Matt Peace: Where is it?

Seleana Zdunich: It is a triple threat and it is in the Blue Arena in Loveland, Colorado.

Mark Peace: Yeah, but what kind of match is it?

Matt Peace: Roulette Rules say you don’t find out until the match starts, right?

Mark Peace: Seriously?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, this is the truth.

Matt Peace: So how do you feel about it?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I have dealt with this before. I was Bombshell Roulette Champion from twenty-first June, 2020 until twenty-seventh September 2020. Mercedes is a four-time Bombshells Roulette Champion champion and Bobbie has been champion for just under one month’s time. We are all capable of winning this match.

Matt Peace: So it’s been four years since you were champion?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Mark Peace: No wonder that Julianna DiMaria said what she said.

Seleana glares at Mark.

Seleana Zdunich: She does not know what she is talking about. She talks about things that are not true or are outdated. She makes hens out of feathers. Bobbie is just starting to find her way. Mercedes has nothing to prove to anyone as she has won many championships. I have won multiple championships and now the three of us have the opportunity to prove that we all have what it takes. Julianna talks about nothing. We will show that her division is still strong.

Matt Peace: Shouldn’t she want you to do that?

Mark Peace: Doesn’t it make her look better if the division as a whole is more than just a blackhole of nothingness?

Seleana nods her agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, but she is not paying attention to her own thing. Bobbie is a physically dominant competitor that is a threat to anyone she gets in the ring with. Mercedes is a veteran competitor who is a threat to anyone she gets into the ring with on her skills, guile, and craftiness. I am ready to take on any test, any chance to prove myself and my skills.

Matt Peace: You don’t think you have yet?

Seleana Zdunich: I have but you always need to prove yourself again. Julianna will find this is true of her as well. Bobbie, Mercedes and I will step into the ring in whatever circumstances they throw at us and we will tear each other apart.

Mark Peace: Is is true that you play with lions for fun?

Seleana smiles brightly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, her name is Sarabi and I raised her as a baby in Orana Park in Christchurch. 

Matt Peace: You raised a lion?

Seleana nods.

Mark Peace: You raised a lion and you play with her for fun?

Seleana chuckles.

Matt Peace: You are a crazy and interesting woman, Miss Zdunich.

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack.

Mark Peace: So when is this match?

Seleana Zdunich: Sunday, fourteenth, January, the Bombshells Roulette Championship against Bobbie Dahl and Mercedes Vargas. We will do this, ja?

Matt Peace: Sure sounds like it.

Mark Peace: That’s all the time we have. For the Peacemakers Podcast, thank you for being on here Seleana.

Seleana Zdunich: Thank you for having me on.

Matt Peace: This has been Matt…

Mark Peace: And Mark, the Peacemakers.

Matt Peace: We’ll see you next time.