Author Topic: Rules of Engagement: 2024 Edition  (Read 1553 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Rules of Engagement: 2024 Edition
« on: January 05, 2024, 10:05:09 PM »
January 1st, 2024. Not just a new year for everyone around the world, but an extra-special day for Bella Madison and Malachi. Three years ago on this day, he surprised her by arranging their wedding with the help of their closest friends and family. He told her that 2020 had been such a shitshow of a year that he wanted to start 2021 on the right foot by getting married to the love of his life and best friend. Now, they get to celebrate the start of every new year by also celebrating their love for each other.

This year, Mal had sneakily hinted to Bella that he had some plans in motion for their anniversary, and she was dying to know what he was up to. While most people saw him as a cold, sarcastic asshole, Bella was one of the very few people that saw his tender, caring side. After all, it’s not every day that a girl gets wooed in the most romantic city in the world. But it came out even more after the birth of their daughter. Mal absolutely adored little Máire, and she loved watching him dote on her.

Even now after four years together, Mal still managed to keep the romance alive in their relationship. It wasn’t even just about the big, grand gestures, like the trip to Greece for her birthday in 2022, or the belated honeymoon trip to Paris later that same year. It was the random bouquets of flowers she’d find on the kitchen island. The coffee runs to her favourite cafe, along with extra sweet pastries. Or sometimes, it was just the way he’d look at her during quiet moments in the house when he thought she wasn’t paying attention to him. The way his eyes softened and a smile would light up his face…it made her heart race just as much as their first kiss.

But that didn’t mean that she still didn’t love when he did make the big, romantic gestures. Every time he did, he stopped at nothing to make sure each time was a memorable occasion. So she was eager to see what he had planned for this year’s celebration together. Their New Year’s celebration the night before had been pretty quiet, just the three of them watching movies at home before switching over to watch the ball drop at midnight in Times Square on TV. New Year’s Day had been pretty much just as quiet, the two of them taking care of a few chores for the majority of the day while also tending to Máire. But around 4 pm, as Bella was lounging on the couch watching Máire play on the floor, Mal came downstairs fresh out of the shower and immediately plopped down on the couch next to her. “You know, I’m kind of surprised that you haven’t been needling me incessantly about my plans for tonight.

Well, now that you mention it…” She put her phone off to the side and started poking him in the sides repeatedly. “Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me!

He laughed as he tried to swat her arms away. “Alright, alright! It’s about that time anyways!” When he couldn’t fend off her attacks, he quickly rose up from the couch and scooped up Máire in his arms. The four month old squealed and laughed as she bounced excitedly in her daddy’s arms. “Well, Miss Máire, shall we finally let your mama in on the super-big secret?

The little girl giggled again as her blue eyes stared expectantly between her parents. Bella huffed as she rose up from the couch to join them. “What exactly do you have up your sleeve, mister?” Bella’s blue eyes narrowed as she stared at her husband, arms folded over her chest.

Hey, I promised a special anniversary and I’m just trying to deliver,” he said with what he hoped was a charmingly disarming smile as he leaned in to kiss her lightly. “Now, if you’ll make your way to the bedroom, you’ll see part one of your gift from me.

She raised an eyebrow, but turned to go up the stairs as he followed up after her. When she got to the bedroom, a large flat box laid in the middle of their bed, tied with a red bow. She turned to look at him suspiciously again, and he simply nodded his head towards the box as he adjusted Máire in his arms. She reached out and pulled on one end of the ribbon to release the bow and slowly lifted the lid of the box. Nestled among a bundle of gold tissue paper was a beautiful royal blue dress that had some streams of gold laced through it along with a matching jacket. Bella gasped as she lifted it out of the box and ran to the mirrored door of their closet. “MAL! This is absolutely gorgeous!

OK, full disclosure. I may have had an assist from Mattie on that gift,” he chuckled. “But the rest of the night is all me. Now, hurry up and get yourself ready. The Uber will be here in an hour and a half.”

She whirled around on him, eyes wide. “But what about Máire? We need a sitter and I don’t know if we can-

He pressed a finger to her lips. “Already handled. I’m on my way to drop her off with Alanah and Jack for the night. Now, when I get back you better be ready, miss.” He gave her a swat to the ass as he headed out the door and into their daughter’s room to get her overnight bag ready. After getting everything together and bundling Máire up in her carseat, he let Bella know that he was on his way and headed out to the car while she started up the shower to get ready.

An hour later, Mal returned from dropping Máire off at his sister’s house and headed up the stairs. Bella was sitting at her vanity table, putting the finishing touches on her makeup. When he saw her in the dress with her hair done and her makeup on, he stopped for a moment in the doorway to admire her. She caught sight of him in the mirror and smiled. “See something you like?

If I didn’t already have these plans made, I would say ‘fuck it’ and we’d just stay home,” he chuckled as he walked up behind her, softly kissing the back of her neck. “You look absolutely stunning, mo ghrá.

In no time at all, the couple were dressed in their finest. Bella in the gifted dress from her fashion designer bestie Mattie Cormier, and Mal in a navy blue suit with a white dress shirt and no tie. They left the townhouse and hurried to the car waiting at the side of the road for them. When Bella saw that it wasn’t an Uber, but rather a luxurious town car, she turned with a raised eyebrow to Mal. “I thought you said we were taking an Uber.

He shrugged nonchalantly, a coy smile appearing on his face. “The first of many surprises in store for you tonight, my love.” He gestured towards the car, where the chauffeur held the back door open. The couple climbed inside, and soon they were pulling up in front of a Brazilian steakhouse. Bella’s eyes were wide as she stared at the lavish building. “I’ve been wanting to try this place forever! I can’t believe you got reservations here!

He smiled as he held out his arm for her to take, and they walked into the restaurant together. After being seated in a private booth, they had a leisurely dinner where they spent a good hour and a half talking, laughing and enjoying each other’s company. Once they were finished with their meal they ventured back outside where the car was once again waiting for them, and this time it took them to the front of Central Park. As they exited the car again, Bella looked over to see a horse-drawn carriage waiting a few feet away from them. She looked towards Mal with an incredulous expression. “You didn’t.

I did.” He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and led her to the carriage. “All these years we’ve lived here and never done this. I figured this was the perfect time.” He helped her up into the carriage before climbing in after her. They arranged the thick faux-fur blanket over themselves as the driver started the carriage at a leisurely pace through Central Park.

Bella let out a happy sigh as she snuggled closer to Mal, resting her head on his shoulder. “Just when I think you couldn’t surprise me any more, you go and do something like this.

He chuckled, kissing the side of her head. “Well, the surprises keep coming. After this, we’re headed to our luxury suite at the Plaza for the night.

Her blue eyes lit up in excitement. “Just like Eloise!

Mal stared at her for a moment before letting out a groan and dropping his head. “Leave it to you to turn a romantic gesture into a book reference.

She giggled and lifted his face to press a kiss against his lips. “Sorry, couldn’t help it. But for what it’s worth, I am feeling very romanced right now.

He returned her kiss with a smile. “You’re lucky you’re so damn adorable and that I am madly, impossibly in love with you.

They cuddled back up together and continued to enjoy their ride, watching the wintery sights of Central Park pass them by. “I just still can’t believe you did all this for us,” Bella said, her face glowing with the reflected light of a lights display still set up in the park.

Well, truth be told, it’s more for you. Last year, you put everything on hold to carry our baby girl, and in almost no time after that you were back in the ring, raring to go.” He cupped her cheek with his hand and stared at her, running his thumb along her cheekbone. “And I know that this year, you are going to get everything you want. You are going to sprint up ladders, shatter glass ceilings and finally be acknowledged as the amazing talent you are. And you know that I will be right there with you to support and encourage every single step. So, consider this night a celebration of everything you’ve already accomplished and everything you’re about to accomplish in the new year.

By the end of his speech, Bella’s eyes were full of tears but a happy smile was stretched across her face. One errant tear slid down her cheek as she leaned forward and tenderly kissed him. “Happy New Year, Mal.

Happy Anniversary, Bells.

A Storm on the Horizon

Denver's crisp winter air greeted Bella Madison as she stepped off the plane, a refreshing change from the tumultuous emotional weather that had been swirling around her since December 2 Dismember. The snow-covered landscape of the city seemed to offer a clean slate, a chance for redemption after the disappointment of falling short in her bid for the Bombshell World Championship.

As the O'Connells navigated the snowy streets, Bella couldn't help but marvel at the beauty of the city's winter charm. Malachi pushed Máire's stroller through the powdery sidewalks, the bundled-up infant nestled comfortably, oblivious to the tension that lingered in her mother's thoughts.

They settled into their cozy accommodations, the warmth of the hotel a stark contrast to the chill outside. The Denver skyline stretched before them, a panorama of possibilities, both scenic and competitive.

Later that evening, as Bella sat by the window, gazing at the city lights, her mind inevitably turned to Georgie Robertson, the holder of the Golden Briefcase. The weight of the upcoming match pressed on her, a mix of determination and anticipation.

It was a new year, after all. What happened in 2023 in the ring didn’t matter now. It was time to focus on the future.

"Mal," she began, her voice carrying the echoes of her reflections, "Georgie is no ordinary opponent. That briefcase she carries... it's like a storm cloud hanging over every championship in SCW. Anytime, anywhere, she can cash it in. That kind of unpredictability is unnerving." Bella smirks, “Almost makes me thankful that I didn’t win at December 2 Dismember.

Malachi, leaning against the hotel room door frame, crossed his arms, his eyes fixed on Bella. "We've faced storms before, love. This is just another challenge, another opponent. Yeah, Georgie's got that briefcase, which right now is nothing you need to worry about, but you...you have got your own arsenal of skills, your own resilience. And you know damn well that you're not alone in this."

Bella nodded, appreciating the steadying presence of her husband. "I know. It's just... I can't let December's disappointment seep into this match. I promised myself when I came back that I wasn’t going to let things get to me and I promised that 2024 was going to be something new. Georgie's a wildcard, and I need to be ready for anything."

Malachi moved closer, kneeling beside her, his hand gently finding hers. "Bells, you're the woman who has faced down challenges, climbed ladders, and left a mark in the history of SCW. December was a setback, not the end. This match with Georgie is a chance to show the world that you're not defined by one night."

She met his gaze, gratitude mingling with determination. "You're right. Georgie may be unpredictable, but so am I. Denver will be the stage, and I'll weather whatever storm she brings. I won't let the disappointments of the past dictate the triumphs of the future."

Malachi smiled, squeezing her hand. "There’s my girl. You've got this. Now, let's enjoy the night and focus on what lies ahead. And in this city, they are all waiting for the next chapter in the story of Bella Madison."

As they embraced, the city lights outside seemed to shimmer with promise, the storm on the horizon only fueling Bella's resolve to conquer whatever challenges awaited her in the squared circle.

A Glimpse into the Journal of Elizabeth

As the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve, a wave of resolution washed over me. 2024 isn't just a continuation of the calendar; it's a canvas waiting for the strokes of ambition and determination. The echoes of December 2 Dismember may still linger out there in the multiverse, but in the crisp air of the new year, there's a chance for a fresh start.

This isn't about resolutions; it's about rules – rules I've set for myself, a roadmap to navigate the challenges, and grasp the opportunities that lie ahead. A Current List of Rules that can be edited, added-on to or deleted as the year goes on, but you will get the general gist as we move along.

Rule One: [/color]Learn from setbacks, don't dwell on them. December's defeat stung, but it won't define me. It's a stepping stone, not a stumbling block. Besides, if I was going to do nothing but stumble since my return, I would not have gotten to that main event spot to close out 2023.

Rule Two: [/color]Embrace the unpredictable. In the squared circle, unpredictability is a constant, and opponents like Georgie Robertson, wielding the Golden Briefcase, epitomize that. She thinks she's the underdog, the badass. Well, this year, I'll show her what a true underdog can achieve. I'll dance with unpredictability and turn it into my ally.

Rule Three: [/color]No shortcuts. Championship gold isn't handed out; it's earned. I proved this one was already a possibility but we are going to build on this. Climbing ladders, breaking barriers – that's the path to success. The golden briefcase may offer a shortcut, but I've never been one for shortcuts. I'll earn my spot at the top, each victory a testament to skill, not chance.

Rule Four: [/color]Be Relentless. The pursuit of greatness requires unyielding determination. The disappointments of yesteryear won't deter me. Georgie, with her briefcase and bravado, is just another challenge to conquer. Relentlessness is my armor, and victory is the only option.

Rule Five: [/color]Stay True. In the whirlwind of competition, it's easy to lose sight of oneself. But not this year. I'll stay true to who I am – the resilient, skilled, and determined athlete who has left an indelible mark in SCW. The woman who thrives under the spotlight and isn't defined by a single night.

So, here's to 2024, a year of challenges, victories, and uncharted territories. Denver may be the first battleground, but it's not the last. With these rules as my compass, I'll navigate the storms, face the unpredictability, and emerge victorious. This isn't just a new year; it's a declaration. The rules are set, and I'm ready to play the game.

Just a quick addition that I thought of late at night when Máire woke me up at 4am to get her butt change.

Rule Six: [/color]Don’t let ANYONE tell you that you can’t. They are fucking lying and they’re just scared because they know damn well that when it comes to the standard it’s only YOU that is holding yourself down. [/i]

Rule Seven: [/color]Make them Pay Attention.[/i]

Nothing else needs to be said.