Author Topic: “The Path to Redemption Part VII: Old Face, New Goals.”  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“The Path to Redemption Part VII: Old Face, New Goals.”
« on: November 28, 2023, 08:49:24 PM »
Krystal was one step closer to closing out a rather chaotic year with a World Bombshell Title Match against Julianna DiMaria, especially since the champ had successfully retained the title against Mercedes Vargas in this past week’s Main Event (though not without a little help from Harper Mason) but more importantly? On the same night as Julianna’s match against Mercedes the other World Bombshell Qualifier was held between two women who had challenged Krystal for the Bombshell Roulette Title, namely? Bella Madison and Seleana Zdunich.

That match was won by Bella and now, for the first time since Krystal’s Roulette Title Reign ended, the Go Gym Graduate and the second generation wrestler were set to face off one on one, the winner moving on to challenge Julianna for the World Bombshell Championship! Krystal was unbeaten against Bella though their first match, which was non-title, ended in a Disqualification after Mercedes interfered, a match that Krystal was out to avenge! Can Krystal win?

Backstage at Climax Control 379, Tempe, Arizona
Sunday, the 26th of November 2023, 21:00pm

Is it me or does SCW tend to get more eventful around the holiday season?

I’m not saying that because the biggest show of SCW Calander Year traditionally takes place around this time of year, for one thing this year’s High Stakes was several weeks ago and that wasn’t even the closing Supercard of the year! No, instead I’m talking about what’s been going on the past few weeks because it seems that most of the other members of the Bombshell Division have turned up the violence in their matches/encounters.

Who knows? Maybe that damn Mariah Carrey song about Christmas is to blame!

Jokes aside? After the chaotic year I’ve had, I’ve mostly been trying to keep it nice and simple, wrestle whatever matches got assigned to me, try to stay out of other’s business as much as I could, the whole shebang.

Off course, that was before me and Luna were booked in the first qualifier to determine Julianna’s first Supercard challenger.

Which is funny when you remember that I was Masque’s last challenger as World Bombshell Champion last year before Amber did away with her for good at Inception VI, and no, that didn’t end well either, honestly? I’m not sure how that match or the tag match between me and Ari against Masque and Blackthorn got nominated for Match of the Year either! But back on topic, there wasn’t any indication that there’d be another qualifier so when I beat Luna I assumed I had my ticket booked for December 2 Dismember VI, needless to say? The second qualifier between Seleana and Bella threw a wrench into that idea tonight.

At least I can say that I’m finally getting a rematch with Bella with the only real stip being that the winner will be Julianna’s next challenger, and with Bella just coming back from maternity leave and my bitch phase well and truly over? I’m glad that no one will interfere.

And speaking of interference.

”You know, it’s funny Harp.” I commented as I watched the teenage Bombshell walk past me and she stopped in her tracks. ”I could’ve sworn you said something about being booked for Empire Pro tonight.”

”Yeah, and I’m appearing on both shows thanks to the magic of Kayfabe Airlines.” Harper responded as she turned to me and I kicked off the wall to face her. ”I basically showed up here for me and Jessie’s interview with Rocky, then flew out for the Empire Pro show, which I won’t be able to talk about until it airs, flew back just in time for the finish to the Ariana/Bea match and used Julianna’s interview to sneak out there and get under the ring.” Harper explained as she shook her head and I nodded as I got the idea. ”Not something I’m in a hurry to do again because it’s seriously fucking cramped under that ring, I only knew when to strike because I was watching a live feed of the show on my phone with my headphones in.”

”And I’m guessing that’s how you kept up with the goings on in SCW whilst you were at Empire Pro tonight?” I asked and Harper nodded in response. ”Look, I get that you got your pride and ego hurt thanks to Mercedes’s antics these past few weeks, but I’ve got my own stuff with Julianna to worry about after I beat Bella, can you at least promise me that you’ll stay out of my business whilst you deal with Mercedes?”

”Well, it’s not like you have a match against Mercedes lined up anytime soon, besides, I’m not gonna deny that a Worl Bombshell Title Match is on my bucketlist but I’m still working on proving myself to the bosses, never mind something like that!” Harper assured me and I nodded in response. ”So, how was your Thanksgiving?”

”Could’ve sworn I covered this last week but I don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, what with me and Makayla being Australian and all.” I reminded Harp and she nodded as she got the idea. ”In other words, it was just a normal day for us, how about you? I know it was rough for obvious reasons.”

”It’s like I said on Twitter, I mostly spent it with Carter, Ariana, Miles and Carter’s mom and grams, Jessie literally missed the deadline to offer something similar by a second but she was okay with it because it meant I was socializing with other SCW Talent.” Harper responded with a shrug before sighing. ”Honestly? I’m more worried about my first Christmas without my parents, that going to be ten times as rough as my birthday and Thanksgiving rolled into one!”

”Take it from someone who lost her mom when I was in my teens, it never gets easier, the only thing you can do is try to stand proud and honour their memories.” I assured Harper and she gave me a thankful nod. ”That said? I know you follow me on Twitter, drop me a DM if you ever need to talk.”

”Thanks, I appreciate it.” Harper responded with a small smile and I nodded in response. ”So you think you can beat Julianna? And will you use the loss to Mercedes against her?”

”Have to get past the qualifier first, and Bella’s no slouch in the ring, as for that idea if I do get that far? No.” I responded as I shook my head and Harper gave me a curious look. ”That would be a low blow for one thing, and besides, I know what it’s like to have something like what happened to Julianna happen to me, if anything I sympathize with her, you?”

”Assuming this is some alternate universe where I somehow ended up in the qualifiers when my record isn’t even in the double digits yet?” Harper asked and I nodded in response. ”I’d probably say the same, being a champ myself? I’d hate to have that happen to me.”

”Good to know we’re on the same wavelength, by the way, where’s Jess?” I asked as I looked around for Harper’s manager. ”I was expecting to see her waiting for you in the crowd.”

”She came with me to the Empire Pro show and flew back, only downside? She was jetlagged and opted to sit the rest of the show out.” Harper explained and I nodded as I got the idea. ”I sent her a text with the summarised results for the matches she missed but I don’t know if she got it.”

”Well, if your heading back to the hotel to check on her? I’m coming too, want to get an early night, big title match and all.” I responded and Harper nodded before we walked off.

This was definitely shaping up to be a hell of a way for SCW to end the year.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 27th of November 2023, 13:00pm

I’ve lived in the US since I was eighteen, and it still feels weird to get asked about a holiday that I don’t celebrate because I’m not originally from America.

Given that it was just last week? You’ve probably worked out that I’m talking about Thanksgiving, I was never really a fan of the holiday because of the historical events surrounding it but than again there’s a good reason why Colonialism is a thing of the past to begin with! Still, it was a quiet day for me and Makayla and with the Go Gym closing for the holidays right before December 2 Dismember VI? I’m getting in as much training as I can.

Yeah, potentially wrestling for a World Bombshell Title opportunity at the end of a chaotic year tends to turn your focus up to eleven, who’d have thought?

As for who I was training with? The real question is who wants to train with me? Me and Gabriel may have made amends the week before High Stakes but the other graduates and prospective students have been slow to welcome me back into the fold, some of the new girls like Kelly have been willing to give me a second chance but from what I’ve heard? That Irish student is on thin ice as well because of a nasty argument she had with Ariana during the lead up to High Stakes.

There’s two things the Go Gym is good at, producing top tier wrestlers like me and Ariana and drama queens, again, like me and Ariana.

”One of these days I’m going to find a sparring partner who isn’t this damn punching bag.” I muttered to myself as I steadied the punching bag with my hands, pretty sure I mentioned that I took boxing lessons to learn self-defence before I decided “fuck it, I’m moving to America to enrol at the Go Gym” and whilst I haven’t had boxing lessons in just under ten years now? I can still punch pretty hard as the indents in the punching bag will tell you. ”Not much good for training for a World Bombshell Title qualifier.”

“Well yeah, that thing can’t hit back.” I glanced over and saw a new girl that I had seen around the gym lately, just hadn’t had the chance to chat with her, a shorter girl with long messy black hair and blue eyes. “Your Krystal Wolfe right?”

”Do you see any other Australian women with blue hair in this building?” I asked sarcastically and the girl let out a nervous laugh. ”Yeah, that’s me, and if all goes to plan? You’re currently talking to the soon to be SCW World Bombshell Champ!”

“That’s if you get past Bella and Julianna off course.” The youngster responded as she looked at her nails playfully and I shook my head. “Pretty sure they punch back unlike that punching bag!”

“I’ve wrestled Bella before and she hasn’t shown any signs that maternity leave has slowed her down, and Julianna? That bitch is the World Bombshell Champion for a god damn reason.” I responded as I shook my head and she nodded in response. ”Unless off course they are somehow still stuffed from Thanksgiving Dinner by the time I wrestle them! By the way, I don’t think I caught your name.”

“Oh right, sorry, my name’s Hayley.” Hayley introduced herself and I nodded in response. “So err, you want to spar?” Hayley asked as she motioned towards the ring and I hesitated, she was clearly a raw rookie and sparring with her wouldn’t have the same effect as sparring with another graduate but well, I’ve already gone over the fact that I’m not exactly on good terms with the,.

Guess it’s better than nothing I guess. ”You’re on, but just because your new doesn’t mean I’ll go easy on you.” I responded before we headed into the ring and started sparring, the fact that Hayley was a newbie was glaringly obvious, as was the fact that I was outclassing her at every turn, still she was a good sport and the few times she did manage to keep up with me? She did show some promise.

And there’s one person who just had to ruin it. ”Watch yourself Hayley, or you might end up with a broken arm.” We glanced up and saw Ariana standing on the apron, prominently showing her braced hand as she leaned on the ring ropes. ”I mean, your opponent did go on a war against rookies for most of the year!”

”Yeah but at least I waited for a chance to challenge for the World Bombshell Championship to drop into my lap.” I responded snidely and Ariana only had one response, namely flipping me off with her good hand. ”Don’t you have a zoo of stray animals to look after back home?”

”Don’t you have a broken marriage to fix?” At Ariana’s one response the whole gym went silent as they turned to my former friend with shocked looks on their faces, me? I nearly lunged at her for that low blow but Hayley got in between us and she quickly hopped off the apron. ”Good luck against Bella and Julianna, I’ll enjoy being the only Go Gym Graduate to currently hold a title in the meantime.”

”At least until you bitch and moan about losing to Courtney again.” I called back and Ariana said nothing in response, she just flipped me off again, I didn’t interact with Ariana again for the rest of the night and I mostly just spent it sparring with Hayley.

Nevada Desert
Tuesday the 28th of November 2023, 18:00pm

*promo time*

Well then.

”In the span of the few weeks that have passed since High Stakes, two things that I didn’t expect but I’m not complaining about happened, one: I beat Luna in a World Bombshell Championship Qualifier in a bit of a mini tournament that SCW’s hosting to determine Julianna’s next challenger.” I commented as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Two: I’m facing someone who I haven’t wrestled in two years in my second qualifier, in fact the last time I wrestled this woman was when I was the Bombshell Roulette Champion, yeah, you know who it is, it’s been too long Bella.”

And now for the uncomfortable elephant in the room.

”Look, I said some things about you that I’m not proud off earlier this year, off course that was back when I had a damn demon inside me but who’s counting?” I asked sarcastically as I shook my head.  ”Not me and definitely not the women I faced towards the end of that saga! Look, I know there’s no amount of apologizing that can make what I said right Bella, all I can say is that the things I said about you were fucked up and I’ve moved past it.”

To put it mildly.

”Beyond that, let’s talk about our match history, shall we? We first wrestled right after I won the Bombshell Roulette Title, that was a non-title match that I seriously wish was my first defence and not just because my record at the end of it all would’ve been even more impressive, because Mercedes Vargas decided that she just had to get involved.” I commented with a frown as I shook my head. ”I guess causing wrestlers who are infinitely more relevant than her to lose via disqualification is a hobby considering her recent antics with Harper! After that we didn’t wrestle again until SCW’s first show outside of Las Vegas since the Pandemic alongside Mercedes in my third defence, fast forward a whole cycle and a major social faux pas on my part and we wrestled again at that year’s Violent Conduct, in a Glitter Lightsabre Duel Match!”

Seriously.

”I swear if there’s one hiring I could retcon from SCW’s history for that one reason, it would be Candy! But I digress, we didn’t meet again until one of my last defences, that five pack challenge at the High Stakes X Go Home Show, to be honest? I’m not sure if I should count that clusterfuck in our little series of matches, but considering your dropped out of the Open Invitational Scramble because you got pregnant at the start of the year? I guess it’ll have to do as far as counting our encounters go.” I added as I folded my arms. ”Do you see a pattern here yet Bella? No? let me spell it out for you.”

Here we go.

”Our one normal match got ruined by outside interference, our encounter after that was a defence of the title I held at the time that also featured the woman who interfered in our match, a match that would’ve featured a third challenger if Violet didn’t drop off the face of the earth by the way, our next match was one of the worst gimmick matches I’ve ever been in and considering that my first defence was a mud pit match? That’s saying something! And our last encounter? You were one of four challengers for my title, and you still lost to me after I kicked our and another opponent into an open grave, that is something that’s been eating away at me for the past two years, every time we are set to wrestle? Something works against us having a nice, clean match!”

I swear.

”Tis the danger of the Bombshell Roulette Division I guess, and just so we’re clear? I don’t regret my reign as the Bombshell Roulette Champ, that reign put me on the map for fuck’s sake! But just because it was the thing that made people stand up and take notice of me doesn’t meant I don’t have regrets about it, and I’d be here all day if I had to list them all.” I added as I stared into the camera. ”And you’re at the centre of several of those regrets Bella, that and the title itself.”

Yep.

”Granted, I was the Bombshell Roulette Champion at the time and there’s always an element of risk in that division, but I respect you too much as a talent to let that slide Bella.” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Maybe now, after two years of waiting, we’ll finally know who the better woman is with no outside bullshit! We both know Julianna’s going to watch this match closely because whoever wins here will be her next challenger but I don’t think she’s the type to get personally involved like that! Granted, we’ve yet to see her truly pissed off at someone but I’m sure that’ll change soon.””

It’s that simple.

”So yeah, basically? This match is about who challenges for the World Bombshell Championship at December 2 Dismember VI, but in terms of my pride? This match is about answering a two year old question.” I said as I started to walk towards my car. ”Who’s the better wrestler, me, or Bella Madison? And there’s only one way we’re going to settle this and get that question answered once and for all, by meeting at The Path to Redemption Part VII: Old Face, New Goals.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Why that title? Because you may have wrestled me when I was just breaking out as a wrestler Bella but my goals have changed a lot since then! Back then it was all about proving myself as champion and to silence my critics, now? It’s about finishing a story!” I added as I approached the car door. ”The story of how I’ve waited a whole fucking year to get back in the title scene and the fact that I have to wrestle someone who was one of my first opponents the last time I was champ isn’t lost on me, the winds of change are blowing Bella, and unless you get the fuck out of the way? You will get trampled underfoot by the face of the new generation of Bombshells Krystal Wolfe!”

I got in the car and drove off as the scene fades.