Author Topic: “The Path To Redemption Part VI: Happy Birthday To Me.”  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“The Path To Redemption Part VI: Happy Birthday To Me.”
« on: November 16, 2023, 09:39:41 AM »
Krystal hadn’t seen any action since she got the win over Seleana at High Stakes but that was about to change this week because Krystal had been picked as one of the women who will face off in an attempt to qualify for a World Bombshell Title Shot at December 2 Dismember IV on the 17th of December, but who was the other woman? The enigmatic former Bombshell Roulette and Bombshell Internet Champion Luna Vanity! Luna and Krystal last faced off in the Battle Royal to determine the new Bombshell Internet Champion, a match that Luna won only to drop the title to the runner up Ariana Angelos two weeks later at High Stakes and winning all three major titles in the same year would do a lot for Luna, can Krystal get the win?

Backstage at Climax Control 377, Primm, Nevada
Sunday the 12th of November 2023, 21:00pm

There’s only one word that comes to mind when asked to describe tonight’s Climax Control and that is chaotic.

You know a show’s been eventful when Bea Barnhart getting a win over Kat fucking Jones is the least shocking moment of the night but here we are, Ariana and Courtney’s war only escalated, Mercedes decided that wailing on Harper with a cane and getting disqualified for it, an impromptu Bombshell Internet Title Match between Tempest and Ariana being thrown out because Courtney decided to try to break Ariana’s hand.

Sad thing is? If I was going the whole bitch phase now it’d fit rather nicely!

But I gotta be honest, I’ve been kinda restless since High Stakes, Seleana proved to be an even bigger disappointment than usual and the fact that I haven’t seen action over the past two weeks hasn’t helped matters! Anyone who paid attention to me when I was the Bombshell Roulette Champion knows that I’m the kind of wrestler who thrives on competition and the fact that I’ve spent the last few weeks twiddling my thumbs waiting for a match has been killing me!

But my prayers have been answered, and not by the usual source either.

”Wait, what the hell is this about a qualifier?!” I asked myself as I read the tweet from Julianna, seems that the new World Bombshell Champion was eager to defend her title again after Ariana, so eager that she had beat the new card text by literal milliseconds, how do I know this? because I got the new card text as I was reading Julianna’s tweet and switched to my text messages.

Sure enough? There it was, nestled right between the two Mixed Tag Team Matches (including tonight’s original Main Event) was my next match, a World Bombshell Qualifier that pitted me against Luna, despite a rocky start Luna had managed to make a name for herself as one of the best young talents on the Bombshell Roster winning the Bombshell Roulette and Bombshell Internet Titles a few months apart from each win, granted, she lost both titles in her first defence two weeks later (to Jessie and Ariana respectively) but that was still nothing to sneeze at.

Two Bombshells who have had rocky years to say the least fighting to face the newest Bombshell on the block who is not only undefeated but won the World Bombshell Title in her sixth match with the company, wrestling can be weird like that sometimes.

My train of thought was interrupted by a FaceTime call from Makayla which I answered. ”Hey Charlotte, so, what the hell is going on at Climax Control this evening?” Makayla asked and I could only shrug.

”You’re asking me? For the first time in months, I’m on the outside looking in as far as all the crazy shit that’s happening in the Bombshell Division is concerned!” I responded as I shook my head and Makayla nodded as she got the idea. ”It’s almost like Jessie’s wrestling career was the only thing keeping the rest of the division sane!”

”Relatively sane, we both know the kinds of characters wrestling can attract.” Makayla corrected me and I had to admit that she had a point. ”Then again Jessie’s cousin seems to be the most normal girl in the division right now.”

”Even then, Harp’s a military brat with a background in martial arts and high school wrestling, just saying.” I pointed out before quickly shaking my head. ”I at least have some good news about next week’s show, well, good and better news would be more accurate, the good news is I’m finally getting a chance to wrestle again after I beat Seleana at High Stakes, the better news? It’s a World Bombshell Title Qualifier against Luna.”

”Well, Luna has put on some real bangers against Ariana but I’m not sure how that better……..wait, World Bombshell Title Qualifier?!” Makayla asked as it hit her and I nodded in response. ”Is this like the Roulette Qualifiers that led to you winning the Bombshell Roulette Title two years ago?”

”I don’t think so, there was no mention of another qualifier in the card text and besides, I earned that shot in a Triple Threat Match, not a singles match.” I reminded Makayla and she nodded as she got the idea. ”Not sure how me and Luna were selected to be honest, even without counting the stuff away from the ring I’ve had a rocky year and Luna only has it slightly better than me because she at least won two of the three major titles.”

”Both reigns ending two weeks later in her first defence at that.” Makayla nodded as she got the idea whilst I leaned against the wall. ”And let’s be honest, if we were going to ask the bosses anything about the Bombshell Title Scenes, it would be how the likes of Bea Barnhart keep getting chances in spite of how low she is on the totem pole.”

”True, hell it was said on the card that Bea was going to be Ariana’s first challenger next week before Courtney tried to break Ari’s hand, sometimes I think they just pick the names for title matches out of a hat.” I responded with a nod as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Anyway, I had better get going, need to head back to the hotel, check out and get ready for the near forty minute drive back to Vegas, what’s been happening on your end?”

”Not a lot, mostly just getting stuff set up for your birthday on Thursday.” Makayla responded as she shook her head and I nodded, with everything that had been going on these past couple of weeks I had almost forgotten that my birthday was a couple of weeks after Ariana’s birthday, could be worse though, my birthday could be in December. ”Girls are doing good, dogs are being their usual selves, should be a chill night.”

”Let’s not jinx that, there’s still a forty minute drive between me and Vegas, a lot can happen in that time.” I responded with a nod and Makayla made a murmur in agreement. ”I mean hell, a lot happened tonight and I’m wondering what the hell will happen at next week’s show in Flagstaff at this rate!”

”Yeah, tonight’s episode was definitely one of the more chaotic in recent memory.” Makayla nodded in agreement as I made my way to the parking lot. ”See you when you get back Charlotte.”

”See ya.” I responded before I hung up on Makayla and headed towards my car.

After the year I’ve had? Winning the World Bombshell Championship to cap it off would be absolutely perfect, but I had two major obstacles in my path before I could claim the top prize in the division.

The first one couldn’t be more obvious, Luna had proven herself to be one of the best wrestlers to enter the Bombshell Division in years, the fact that she won the other two major titles in that time said it all really and she’s had bangers against my fellow Go Gym Graduate Ariana before, my match against her shouldn’t be any different really.

As for Julianna? In some ways she reminds me of myself when I broke the losing streak and went on to win the Bombshell Roulette Title, in that she’s already becoming cocky! Now, I’m not disputing that she’s earned the right to be cocky when you consider that her hit list includes Roxi Johnson but someone was going to bring her down to earth eventually, I guess that someone was gonna be me.

I just had to book my ticket to December 2 Dismember V first!

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 16th of November 2023, 11:00am

Another birthday has come and gone, and almost three years to the day where I signed my first contract with SCW to boot.

Looking back to when I signed that contract in late November/early December of that year? I had no way of knowing how my SCW Career would turn out, I had been spinning my wheels in SCU up to that point and I took a big gamble on myself when I decided to enquire with Mark and Christian about signing with SCW, a gamble that didn’t really start paying off until the following April where I finally broke my losing streak and win the Bombshell Roulette Title at that year’s Into the Void.

If you don’t know how  the rest of my story went from that point then you need to look up my name in the SCW History books, that one reign broke a record Sam Marlowe set with multiple reigns, that one reign put my name on the map as one of the Go Gym’s best graduates, that one reign’s length and number of defences has yet to have any of the reigns that have come since then come even close, not even my fellow Go Gym Graduate Ariana Angelos was able o get anywhere near it when she held the title.

Okay, to be fair she did lose the title in that Open Invitational Match but that’s beside the point, my point is what I’ve done since that reign ended.

The reign ended in early 2022 and I’ve ranted about how it ended so much that I’m sure you are sick of it, since then I’ve fallen into something of a rut, in 2022 alone I challenged for several of the Bombshell Titles including serving a Kayla Richards’ first challenger in first reign with the Bombshell Internet Title, Kat Jones’ second challenger in her one and only Bombshell Roulette Title Reign and one of the many Bombshells who failed to end Masque’s reign of terror, as for this year? Aside from entering myself in the aforementioned Roulette Title free for all my title aspirations pretty much dried up because I was so busy wreaking havoc on the rest of the roster, that only changed when I entered the Bombshell Internet Title Battle Royal during the last cycle and I wasn’t one of the final two.

The point to that little history lesson is this, I’ve been defined by that reign for too long, it’s time I added to my legacy, it’s time I won another title and this match against Luna is just the first step before that point!

”Great, I managed to sleep in on my birthday.” I grumbled to myself after I leaned over and saw the time on my alarm clock, I let out a yawn before I sat up in bed ready for the day ahead. ”I’d better get dressed before Cass pops over.”

”Charlotte are you up yet?” Makayla’s voice rang out from the other side of the door and I yawned again. ”I know it’s your birthday but your twenty seven, not seventeen, and I need to get breakfast ready for you.”

”I literally just woke up, give me a minute!” I called back as I shook my head before getting out of bed. ”And it’s not like you got yourself pregnant for my birthday for the second year in a row, right?”

”Oh hell no! The headaches I got from my family for basically treating two baby girls as a birthday gift was not worth it!” Makayla responded with a grunt before she opened the door right as I was starting to get changed, I’d say “luckily I still had my night clothes on” but this time last year wee were a married couple, I’ve seen her naked, she’s seen me naked, we’ve gotten to know each other on a biblical level you get the idea! ”Besides, after everything that transpired this year? You’re lucky that I’m even celebrating your birthday with you Charlotte!”

”Good point!” I responded with an annoyed sigh and Makayla nodded. ”Has Cassie arrived yet? She’s staying with Harper for the week last I checked, isn’t she?”

”Yeah, they are training for Rampage’s Season Finale on Friday, or as much as Team Hero will let Harper train after she was attacked by Mercedes, she should be here soon.” Makayla nodded in response before she left me to get dressed.

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 16th of November 2023, 13:00pm

Me and Makayla’s relationship may have been under repairs since Violent Conduct IX but one thing will never change, she’s a fantastic cook.

As far as birthdays went, this one was pretty low key, I got some PS5 Games (namely God of War Ragnarök and the new Spider-Man game) alongside some new streaming equipment as my gaming mic was on the fritz and I needed a new camera for both my streams and filming promos but it was still a good day, capped off with Makayla cooking me some delicious food.

Before all of that though? Cassie was coming over.

”Hey Cass, glad you could make it.” I greeted Cass and she grinned as she entered the house to be greeted by Garrus and Tali, and then her own dog Sandie came in and it was a doggie playdate before long. ”How’s Harper holding up?”

”Don’t know if she’ll be ready for Young Justice’s match at the Rampage Season Finale or her match against Courtney on Sunday but she’s fine otherwise.” Cassie responded as she shook her head and I nodded as I got the idea. ”More importantly? Happy Birthday sis.”

The fact that Cass was my half sister rather my younger cousin was still taking some getting used too, especially considering how I found out about that fact but we were on much better terms now than we had been for a good chunk of the year. ”Thanks Cass.” I thanked her before we went into the living room with the three dogs and sat down. ”And much like how Ari got her title match right before her birthday, I’m getting a World Bombshell Title Match qualifier just after mine.”

”Yeah, against the same Bombshell Ariana beat for the title to boot.” Cassie nodded in response before she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”Think you can beat Luna?”

”She’s a hell of a talent, but Luna has had the same problems I had when I entered SCW in late 2020, off course I didn’t end my losing streak by winning a title only to lose it two weeks later, I ended it by winning a title qualifier and then winning the title and holding it for nearly a year.” I responded as I shook my head and Cassie nodded as she got the idea. ”Can’t believe they brought back the Briefcase Bonanza Match for Peter’s last defence, hell at the late he’s going he might do what I did in the men’s division.”

”I think we won’t have much to worry about there unless he brings out an SCW Wrestler from obscurity to act as his manager for a few months, I can see it now: Peter Vaughn managed by Lucian Frost!” Cassie joked and I just shook my head with a chuckle. ”Though I doubt that will have the same end as your partnership with Matthew and Marty did.”

”I bloody hope not! Otherwise I’ll be tempted to sue Peter for Gimmick Infringement!” I joked and Cassie had a good laugh at that one. ”But seriously, I’m just ready to put the past year behind me, ending it by winning the World Bombshell Championship would be a pretty sweet way to do it, especially if it means ending Julianna’s winning streak before she gets too arrogant for Christian’s liking.”

”You’re still sore over that comment Christian made during the height of your reign, aren’t you?” Cassie asked and I frowned before nodding. ”I mean, he was kind of right.”

”Right or not, I had broken a six month losing streak by earning that title shot, defied everyone’s expectations by surviving my first defence only to get the title stolen from me by Bea Barnhart in the closest that idiot will ever get to winning a title, and set new records in the Bombshell Roulette Division, as far as I’m concerned? I fucking earned the right to be proud of my accomplishments and for Christian to judge me from on high for that is fucking bullshit!” I grunted in response as I shook my head and Cassie winced as she realized just how sore I was about that. ”And if I get past Luna and dethrone Julianna at December 2 Dismember V? all the better, because it means I can finally do it all over again.”

”Yeah well, just don’t go off the deep end this time.” Cassie responded as she shook her head and I gave her a curious look. ”There’s only so many veteran Bombshells I can run too, especially now that Keira, Jessie and Laura have retired and don’t get me started on Mercedes who I wouldn’t consider even if she gave Harper a taste of her wood.” Cassie added before realizing what she just said and facepalming. ”I really should’ve worded that better.”

”You think?!” I teased Cass and she just shook her head before the topic rifted elsewhere.

Outside the Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 16th of November 2023, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Well, would you look at that.

”Gotta say, I was expecting to see action after being left off two Climax Control shows in a row, what I wasn’t expecting was said match to be a World Bombshell Title Qualifier.” I commented after turning my camera on. ”I guess the bosses realized that my birthday is in the third week of November and decided to give me this match as a birthday present, either way, me and Luna are about to go at it with a shot at Julianna DiMaria’s World Bombshell Title on the line.”

This will be good.

”So Luna, what it’s like being a one and done champion twice in one year? I wouldn’t know anything about that because my one and only reign cemented my name in the SCW Record Books as one of the longest reigning Bombshell Roulette Champions in SCW History, oh, I’m sorry, is this too soon?” I asked with a grin before shaking my head. ”It’s not too soon for me, I’ve spent the past two years trying to recapture the magic of my first full year as an SCW Bombshell and I’m sorry to say Luna that you won’t get in my way.”

Not at all.

”That’s not to discount you as a talent Luna, you’ve put on bangers against Ariana Angelos among others, you were nominated for Most Improved in the Year End Awards just a few weeks ago, the same award I won in 2021 alongside Future Star of the Year.” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Oh, look at that, I’m comparing myself to you again Luna, there’s a reason I’m doing that though and it’s not because we’re former Bombshell Roulette Champions, it’s because we have more similar than you realize.”

Want me to explain?

”Think about it for a second Luna. I entered the company with a losing streak, you entered the company with a losing streak, I got my first win in an SCW Ring by earning a shot at the Bombshell Roulette Title, you ended your streak by ending Chrystal Hilton’s last ever reign in SCW, thanks for hat by the way, you did us all a favour by ensuring that we’ll never have to deal with she of many names having an iron grip on a title again, but that’s where the similarities end.” I added as I folded my arms. ”Because we both know all too well how difficult it is to hold onto a title after winning it, I had to work my ass off to hold the title for as long as I did, you? Well it’s like I said, you’re a two time one and done champ.”

Ouch.

”I mean, you did set your own record after you won the Bombshell Internet title, by having the shortest reign ever with the Bombshell Internet Title, truth hurts, doesn’t it?” I asked as I stretched my arms a bit. ”It’s because of those facts that we have two very different goals in this qualifier match, I want to win my first title since 2021, you’re just hoping that the third time will be the charm by taking the title from Julianna, it all comes down to one simple question, who wants it more?”

The billion dollar question.

”The Australian Bombshell who had her record setting reign ended in a bullshit manner by a bunch of attention starved morons or the two time one and done champion from Bew Orleans who is out to prove that she isn’t a fluke champion or a choke artist?”  I asked as I folded my arms before motioning with my head towards the Go Gym. ”My training at the Go Gym helped prepare me for matches like this but what do you have to back you up?”

Good question.

”From where I stand? The kind of determination that would make Jessie Salco in her prime do a double take but the real question is Luna, will it be enough?” I asked as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”There’s only one way that we can find out and that will be when we step into the ring on Sunday, as the one singles match sandwiched in between the two Mixed Tag Team Matches, but personally? I don’t think you have what it takes to beat me Luna.”

Sorry.

”I’m sure your ager to prove me wrong but I’m looking at it realistically, who had the record setting reign with the Bombshell Roulette Title? Me, who had the two shortest reigns of 2023? You Luna, and this isn’t going to go your way either.” I added as I folded my arms. ”Now, will our match be a banger? Off course it will, some of your best matches of the year was against Ariana and I graduated from the same wrestling school as her, but in the end? You won’t be able to keep up.”

It's that simple.

”With all due respect Luna? I’m looking at this match as it were a birthday present to myself, certainly helps that I’m filming this promo on my 27th Birthday.” I added as I grinned a bit. ”Feel free to wish me a belated Happy Birthday after I defeat you on Sunday Luna, because I’ll at least be gracious enough to leave you with all of your teeth intact, now, your pride?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up?

”That will be up for debate, but at The Path To Redemption Part VI: Happy Birthday To Me? One thing won’t be up for debate!” I stated as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”The fact that I will be the next World Bombshell Champion because the winds of change are blowing through the Bombshell Division and as the face of the next generation of Bombshells? That title is mine! See you in the ring Luna!”

I got in my car and drover off as the scene fades.