Author Topic: LAURA PHOENIX v HARPER MASON  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
LAURA PHOENIX v HARPER MASON
« on: October 09, 2023, 08:16:21 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Harper Mason

• View Profile
“The Rise of the Avenger Part III: All Hope Is Lost?”
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 11:28:47 AM »
Harper was confident heading into her second ever SCW Match against Bea Barnhart, however one could argue that the youngster had gotten overconfident as Bea managed to pick up a shock win over Harper setting her momentum back big time in the process! Harper hasn’t seen action on Climax Control since that match instead fulfilling her wrestling duties elsewhere but it was clear to see that the loss had taken a toll on Harper’s self-confidence.

All hope wasn’t lost though, as Harper was set to make her SCW PPV Debut at the biggest show of the year High Stakes! However the challenge facing her would be her biggest challenge yet as she took on Laura Phoenix one on one, Laura was a veteran of the sport with a lot more experience than Harper and was nearing the end of her career, and the kicked? Laura had taken Jessie to the limit in one of her final Roulette Title defences, can Harper win?

Backstage at Climax Control 373, Fresno, California
Sunday the 24th of September 2023, 19:00pm

What the hell just happened?!

I knew that going from a fellow rookie in Jane to a veteran like Bea Barnhart was going to be quite a leap but I was ready to kick some ass out there, especially after Bea spread those lies about how I won my debut match two weeks ago, and what happened? Bea got the win and grabbed my shorts to secure the win.

I knew I was going to lose my first match in SCW eventually, Jessie herself told me that no one stays undefeated forever, but losing my second match and too Bea Barnhart off all people? Alexandra Callaway is living proof that it’s possible to bounce back from losing to Bea in a big way but Alexandra’s been in the business for years, me? I’m still in my rookie year.

In other words? One question is on my mind, what’s next?

”You’ve gotta be kidding me!” I grunted in frustration as I paced around the backstage area whilst Jessie watched on. ”Where the hell was Jacob?! Bea’s cheating was so blatant that it could be seen from space!”

”The ref can only call what they see, and SCW Refs are notoriously blind.” Jessie sighed as she ran a hand down her face and I glanced over at her. ”This isn’t the end of the road for you Harp because if anything? It’ll just be a speed bump besides, Alexandra lost her first official SCW Match to Bea and she ended up being the Bombshell who ended my title reign, you will recover from this!”

”Oh sure! Compare a nineteen year old girl who’s barely been wrestling for a year too someone who just turned forty, yet looks like she’s the same age as Carter, and has been wrestling longer than you, let alone me!” I grunted in annoyance as I blew a stray strand of hair out of my eyes. ”I knew this was a mistake, I never should’ve signed that contract with SCW!”

”Mark and Christian never would’ve signed you if they didn’t think you were ready, granted they’ve had some duds like the guy who gave The Troll his first ever win but they tend to be few and far between.” Jessie responded as she shook her head before stepping in front of me and placing her hands on my shoulders when I stopped in my tracks. ”You’ll get your chance to bounce back from this loss Harp, even if it’s at High Stakes, you just need to be patient.”

”Easier said than done because you know certain members of the Bombshell Roster will never let me live this down.” I sighed in response and Jessie just shoo her head. ”What am I supposed to do in the meantime? I’ve got dates lined up with EWC and FCW.”

”Train hard, honour those dates and be ready for your third match, who knows? Maybe the bosses will take pity on you and give you a shot at Alexandra.” Jessie tried to reassure me and I just shook my head, even if I did beat Bea tonight it was probably way to early in my SCW Career for me to enter the title ranks. ”Just focus on watching the rest of the show with me and we’ll think about the next few weeks in the morning, it’ll work out, trust me.”

”Sure, what have I got to lose at this point anyway? Bea already took a sledgehammer to my pride!” I sighed and Jessie just shook her head before we walked off.

The next few weeks would be relatively quiet on the SCW Side, I off course had my other wrestling dates to honour in the meantime but the match against Bea would end up being my last match on Climax Control for a while.

Fast forward to the Go Home Show before High Stakes and to say that there was a bit of a shakeup was putting it mildly, one champion fired, another injured, both titles vacated right before the biggest show of the year and a third championship changing hands in a surprise upset? As if this year hadn’t had enough shocking moments already!

All that was a world away from me though, I figured I’d have at least ten matches in me before the higher ups considered me for a title challenger anyway, but I would get that chance to bounce back, it would just come at the biggest SCW show of the year.

Me vs. Laura Phoenix, another woman who had challenged Jessie for the title and another veteran, albeit someone who was a lot more honourable than Bea and had proven herself to be a hell of a competitor, she was going to be my biggest challenge yet but I wasn’t going to back down.

I needed this win, not just for my reputation as a wrestling prodigy but to prove to myself that this wasn’t a huge mistake.

Harper’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 9th of October 2023, 11:00am

Funny what difference a year can make.

This time last year I had just learned that I was related to Jessie and was gathering up as much evidence and courage as I could before I tracked her down and asked her to train me to become a professional wrestler, fast forward one year later and I’m officially an SCW Bombshell and about to make my High Stakes (and SCW PPV in general) debut in my third ever match for the promotion! All it took was me finding out that I was related to one of the most polarizing wrestlers on the Bombshell Division’s roster to do it.

Are there things I wish I could change? Well, aside from the outcome to my last match, I do wish that my parents were alive to see me wrestle on the big stage! I know they’ll be watching from up high with proud grins on their faces but it’s not the same as them being there is person, is it?

I can’t even go to Keira for advice on this match, she’s got her retirement match against Whisper and Kat Jones to worry about I’m pretty sure me, Cass and every other student at Hero Academy aren’t all that high on their priority lists right.

”Never a dull moment, eh Logan?” I asked my Labrador as I lay down on the couch and the dog sat in front of me with his ears pricked up, Logan followed that up with a head tilt and I grinned before rubbing his head. ”Who needs a boyfriend when I’ve got two male dogs to give me some affection?” I sighed as the dog licked my hand whilst wagging his tail.

Since the loss to Bea I had been dealing with the fact that my self confidence was at a all time low, unlike Ariana during the Violent Conduct cycle though I didn’t shut myself off from the rest of the roster to try to deal with it, instead I talked openly and honestly with Jessie, Ben and Sam about it and I can confidently say that I’m feeling a lot better than I was after the loss, but I still had other things on my mind.

Before I could continue my one sided conversation with the dog though there was a knock at the door and Logan joined Xavier in bolting for the door. ”I’m not expecting a visit from Jessie, I swear if it’s another noise complaint from the neighbours I’ll scream.” I muttered to myself as I got of the couch and made my way to the front door managing to squeeze past the two dogs on the way, when I opened the door though I had to do a double take. ”Mike?”

So, yeah, I’ve mentioned a couple of times that I was a high school standout on the wrestling team, well Mike was not only the coach of the team but he was the one who got me into wrestling in a roundabout way because he pointed out to me and the other girls that most high school wrestlers go on to make names for themselves in professional wrestling, it wasn’t until I discovered that I was related to Jessie that I decided to act on that. “What did I tell you Harp?” Mike asked with a grin before I stepped aside to let him in. “I told you that there was a future in this sport for you and now you’re competing on the big stage.”

”Right now the future’s looking kinda bleak.” I responded as I shook my head whilst we did our best to walk around the two excited dogs. ”I was cheated out of my last match and by a Bombshell who’s considered the bottom rung of the division, this match against Laura is practically a make or break moment for me!”

“I saw that match against Bea, if you were still competing at the high school level then that never would’ve happened but we both know that professional wrestling is a completely different beast.” Mike responded as he shook his head and I nodded in agreement before we made our way to the living room and I sat back down on the coach whilst Mike sat down across from me. “I’m sure Jessie has told you this already but this all about the bounce back for you now.”

”Not only has Jessie told me that, but it’s been at the back of my mind since I got back from Fresno that week.” I admitted as I ran a hand through my hair and Mike nodded. ”So, what have you been up too since my graduation?”

“I retired as the wrestling coach earlier this year, had a bad fall that really fucked up my knees and early retirement was my only option, even after surgery.” Mike explained and I winced as I heard that, I had a few wrestling coaches since I took up the sport but Mike was the best one of the lot. “Don’t worry yourself about it too much kid because I’ve made peace with the fact that my career is over, from what I’ve heard the current team is in very good hands.”

“I’m sure you have and I’m sure they are but it still sucks that my best coach had his career cut short.” I admitted as I shook my head before letting out a deep breath. ”And I’m sure you’ve heard about what happened to my parents since you found me at my loft and all.”

“Jessie told me after I asked her for your new address, I’m sorry for your loss.” Mike responded sadly and I gave him a thankful nod. “You know they’d be proud of you if they could see you now right?”

”I’d like to think so but it’s a bit more complicated than that, my dad was against me making the jump to professional wrestling from the word go, I’m pretty sure he would’ve preferred to see me compete in the Olympics now that I think about it, but the morning before they were murdered? They had come around to the idea that I had a future in this sport.” I explained as brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Off course I’ll never know for certain but I like to think that that’s the case.”

“I spoke with your parents a lot when you were on my team Harp, trust me when I say that they would’ve been proud of you.” Mike assured me and I grinned in response. “And believe me, I know talent when I see it, it’s clear to me that you’ll mature into a fine wrestler over the next few years.”

”Feels like I’m maturing at a faster rate than I can keep up with to be honest.” I admitted with a sigh before I glanced over at the mantlepiece where my KCW TV Championship sat atop it. ”See that title? I won it within a month of my debut when I competed for a promotion based in London, that promotion folded before I could ever defend it but the owner allowed me to keep the title as a reminder of what I’ve accomplished during my rookie year.” I added before turning my attention back to Mike. ”I’ve been working at winning my second title ever since but I feel like the loss to Bea set my momentum back to the level it was at before I made my SCW debut.”

“Keep at it, you’ll get there some day.” Mike assured me and I grinned in response whilst the dogs finally calmed down. “And Jessie told me about some of the wrestling trainers you’ve had, Team Hero, Whisper, the Go Gym, I’m good but those guys and gals are on another level.”

”I know, if anything that puts even more pressure on my shoulders to do well.” I responded as I brushed some hair over my shoulders and Mike nodded. ”You know some of the wrestlers the Go Gym has produced, Ariana, Krystal, Chelsea Skye, Fenris, London Underground just to name a few, the more time I spend there, the more I learn from some of the best wrestling teachers in the country! And that’s basically how you succeed in wrestling because you never stop learning in this business.”

“How many times did I tell you that about High School Wrestling?” Mike asked and I had to pause to think about that question. “And to think the other girls on your team scoffed at that idea, you were the only girl who took that advice to heart.”

”Yeah and look at where I am now.” I responded with a nod and the conversation continued for a bit before Mike had to leave to tend to his own business, saying that? It had done a lot for my confidence.

Would it be enough though?

Outside Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 8th of October 2023, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Here we go.

”Look, I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I was going to go undefeated for the rest of the year after I won my debut match, I knew I was bound to lose at some point, I just wish that certain things were different about my first loss!” I stated with an annoyed look on my face as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”I wish it had happened a lot later than my second ever SCW Match, I wish that it was to anyone but Bea Barnhart and I wish that the ref did his damn job and caught Bea cheating in the act! But now that we’ve come to my first High Stakes as a professional wrestler? I’m getting a chance to bounce back against someone with three things that Bea Barnhart will never have integrity, talent, and the respect of the Bombshell Locker Room! Err, hi Laura, I don’t think we’ve met!”

This will be good.

”But you have met my older cousin Jessie, twice in fact, you were one of her last challengers for the Bombshell Roulette Title, it doesn’t take a genius to guess that I’m not exactly a clone of Jessie as a wrestler, for one thing our wrestling styles are completely different.” I stated as I folded my arms. ”And off course, there’s the fact that Jessie’s been wrestling since I was a toddler and you’ve been wrestling longer than I’ve been alive! Annnnnnnnd I just went and made a wrestling veteran feel old! Great way to start my first ever PPV Promo for SCW right?” I sighed as I facepalmed before running my hand down my face. ”Let’s just move on before dig myself an even deeper hole, okay?”

Quickly!

”Look, the point I was getting at is that the vast difference in experience between us will definitely be a deciding factor in this match, I’m the rookie, you’re the veteran, on paper the story behind this match practically writes itself!” I added as I let out a deep breath. ”To me, the keywords there are “on paper”, you’d need only look at what’s happened in the World Heavyweight Championship Division over the past two weeks if you want an example of how nothing is set in stone in this business! Or my last match for that matter! Though I’d much prefer it if you’d just focus on the former rather than my last match for reasons I’ve already gone over!”

Time for honesty.

”Okay, I may as well come out and say it, my nerves are running rampant over me heading into this match!” I sighed messaged my forehead in annoyance. ”This isn’t my first time on a PPV event but never on a stage as big as High Stakes, throw in the fact that I will be competing in my third ever match as an SCW Bombshell at High Stakes and yeah, I don’t think I need to explain why my nerves are racking up like crazy! I trained at the school behind me for events like this and I and I’m sure Keira would have some words of wisdom for me in this situation but considering what Keira has in store for her at High Stakes? I’m not sure if I should bother her!”

Yep.

”So yeah, that’s my situation heading into this match, I’m heading into the biggest event on the SCW calendar wrestling my third math as a Bombshell and wrestling someone with more experience than me in her pinkie than I have in my entire body!” I sighed as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”But there is one fact that I can’t overlook, the fact that this match apparently came about because Laura has been talking about how this could be her last hurrah, and they picked me as her opponent?!”

Oh boy.

”Laura I respect you but am I really the best choice for your final match? I’m not even sure if the bosses have any faith left in my abilities following my loss to Bea a few weeks ago!” I added as I let out a deep breath. ”I’m just going to go ahead and say it, this is the continuation of my The Rise of The Avenger quest but I’ve titled it “The Rise of the Avenger Part III: All Hope Is Lost?”

It's that simple.

”Because as I’ve already hinted, my self-confidence is at an all-time low and this match is one I need to win if I want to get back that confidence!” I added as I glanced over at Hero Academy. ”I know you won’t make this match easy for me Laura, much like you didn’t make it easy for Jessie when you challenger her for the Bombshell Roulette Title! But I’m not Jessie, I’m my own person and I’m still proving myself as an SCW Bombshell! That loss to Bea was a major stumbling block but I refuse to let that keep me down!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”I don’t know what my self-confidence will look like when it comes time for our match Laura but one thing is for sure, I won’t back down from you in this match!” I added before I went to leave the area. ”And I’m sure that the same can be said for you Laura, but make no mistake, I’m a wrestler who learns for her mistakes and I won’t be caught off guard like that again because the world needs a new hero and her name is “The Slaytanic Avenger” Harper Mason! I’ll see you at High Stakes Laura.”

I left the parking lot as the scene fades.

Offline LauraPhoenix

• View Profile
Re: LAURA PHOENIX v HARPER MASON
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 04:12:01 PM »
This is going to be such a veteran thing to say; but back when I began my professional career, things were a whole lot different.

Let’s go back to 2005.

I was just around 23 years old, and my teacher and mentor Kurt Collins, also known as Kurt Kaoss had given me a phone call and asked if I could possibly do him a favor. At the time, I was strictly working the independents for the last few years and had awaited just a sniff of a chance. The top pro-levels at that time had next to nothing for women. It was practically unheard of at that time for women to face men in the ring, let alone even have their own division for some unknown reason at that point.

So when I was brought it, I became the first woman amongst a locker room full of dicks, both literally and figuratively, that until that point only had women there as eye candy.

I was quickly dismissed by the “good old boys” club and there was even one vet that went as far as to try and get me fired for just existing. But I kept pressing and pushing and eventually all the chirping stopped and the praise began.

Of course there will always be people out there that don’t like how you look, what you do or even how you do it, but you have to be stronger mentally than those naysayers. If you let the ones that try and push you out control your narrative, you are going to have that happen to matter what you do.

In the matter of one year, I had been the first woman to capture their X-Division Champion, MULTIPLE times, been in serious contention for the top title, attacked by my stablemates which included the very man that brought me in AND with that he almost killed me.

With that coming back, shoving the whole damn thing down their throats, becoming the World Champion and not once did I look back and say to myself “Maybe I went just a little too far”.

I went full throttle and it continued that way until my life took something amazingly special away from me.

Between all my accolades in PWSWF, PWSR and PWSi, the moment I lost my mother to cancer, nothing else mattered. Not anymore.

You see, my mom and I had quite the turbulent relationship in my late teens. But before that we were as close as we could get. She would push me to be my absolute best but when I became pregnant with Bella, my family, moreso my father did everything in his power to try and not only hide it but convince me to give her away. Mom was stuck in the middle, but she did try through the years to keep her and her kids together in some way.

Michael, my older brother, took off to Japan for a while.

My younger sister, Jennifer, took her place as dad’s princess, doing anything that dad asked to make sure she stayed the favorite and in turn she turned into a spoiled ass priss that lingers to this day. Even though she’s now a single mom of two beautiful girls.

And my youngest sister, Cameron kept her nose down, made it through school and when she was old enough, told dad to take his bullshit and shove it.

Mom was the one that brought the family back together again and when Bella was found (That’s a whole other story that I really chose not to rehash), she tied it all together and made sure it stayed that way.

When we lost her, the passion that she instilled in me when it came to anything that I ever did went away. I just focused on Bella and Nick. It still kills me to this day that she never got to meet Aaron but I see a lot of her in that little boy.

I lost my passion for a long time.

So when I agreed to come be a part of SCW’s Blast From the Past, to say I found my passion again was an understatement. I walked in with a whole lot of respect already given, nothing to prove and just there because I missed the ring. I missed competing like I did.

Yeah, since then to now, the game has changed. Women are far more prevalent and can carry main events.

I’m proud of every single one of them for taking the path that I helped paved.

All I can do now is hope that the legacy lives on.

I can’t say ‘Don’t let that spark die’ because it did for me. And I can feel it happening again.

So is this going to be my final bow?

The Masquerade is Getting Older

It was a somewhat wild day in the Madison household. Due to having to be out of town, Laura decided to make up a late birthday celebration for not only her baby sister Cameron’s 34th birthday, but for Zion, her 2 year old nephew and son to Cameron and Jesse Russow.

Every time the Madison’s and the Russow’s got together, it was never boring but after children being born it had teetered on the less wild and the more grown up fashion. Aaron and Zion had taken to the typical cousin playdate and had toys scattered all across the living room while their mothers looked on with pride.

“So when did Mike say he’d be here?” Cameron asked as she watched Aaron show Zion how to press down on a button that would make the toy they were sharing play some annoying high pitched tune.

Laura smirked, opening up her phone, “Quote unquote soon. We know how he can be but he swore he would be here.”

“Which means there’s a 50-50 chance! Too bad we can’t say the same about Jenn.” Cameron grumbled.

That just brought a wave of the hand by the eldest O’Neil daughter, “I have all but given up hope and besides you know how she is since her divorce. She barely takes care of those girls. Thank God for dad and his girlfriend.”

“HEY HEY!!” they heard a voice call out from entryway to the house, “Can a big brother get some help out here?!?”

Cameron and Laura looked around the corner to see their big brother Michael standing there with a bag of presents over his shoulder with one arm and a car seat with the other, holding his 9 month old son, Gabriel Aki. Behind him his wife, Akari with another present on one side and their 6 year old daughter, Emi Grace. She was born shortly after her grandmother had passed and had the honor of carrying on that legacy.

“It’s about time!!!” Cameron let out, hugging her brother while taking her nephew from him. “Well hello there Gabriel, you have gotten so big!”

“Aunt Cam! I got big too!!!!” Emi let out, holding her arms out wide, as Laura scooped her up.

“That you did, Emi!” Laura tickled her a bit, “Are you enjoying your new school?”

“Yeah, it’s a little weird but I already made a new friend.” Emi said giving her aunt a hug, “Where’s Aaron and Zion?”

“They are in the living room playing. Why don’t you go join them?” Cameron said, shuffling off with Gabriel and leaving the hostess to welcome the adults into the house.

“Come on in you two! Akari, it's great to see you again.”

“Thanks for the invitation. It’s been so long since we’ve all gotten together like this.” Akari said with a smile and hug for Laura, “Especially since we had to move back to the states.”

“Which, please tell me the rest of your guys stuff showed up.” Laura asked with curiosity.

Michael laughed as he dropped the bag by the entryway to the living room, making sure that his daughter made it in and immediately began playing with her cousins, “Yes, thank God. Dad was a huge help with that believe it or not, got the company on the phone one day and the next the truck was outside the house and unloading in record time. Can’t say that money and power can’t fix everything.”

“Most of the time. Everyone else is in the kitchen. Bella was just finishing feeding Máire, if you’d like to meet your new great-niece.” Laura said pointing in the general direction.

“Oh yes!” Akira said with a smile, “Pictures that we got sent seemingly don’t do it justice, I need to see those beautiful blue eyes.”

“Mike knows the way.”

Michael and Akira had been together for a number of years, from the time he first went to Japan to the time he went back for her. They got married quietly, started their family quietly but stayed close to Laura and Cameron. They returned to the states just this summer for Mike to finally take his place in their dad’s company just so the old man could finally retire for good. After losing his wife almost 7 years ago, he deserved it.

And they all had to grow up sometime.

Laura traveled the house and looked longingly at each moment.

When she started, she was practically on her own.

Her peace was made with her dad. Michael was home. Cameron was happy. Nick was by her side and all the kids. It was everything she had dreamed of.

Nick retired.

Cameron too.

Michael hadn’t even touched a ring in almost 10 years.

So why was she the last one?

Stepping out onto the deck, she found herself needing air.

“Babe?” she heard Nick call from the kitchen sliding door, “Everyone is here, maybe we should...get the..Laur?”

She was gripping the rail of the deck so hard her knuckles were turning white, she was having issues catching her breath. Basically in the midst of a full on panic attack. Nick immediately recognizes this and wraps his arms around her and pulls her as tight as he can against him.

“Shhh, hey...come back to me.” he said low, as to not attract any more attention, “Breathe, babe. Talk to me.”

“Can I really do this? Just walk away from the one thing that gave me this life, brought me to you?” Laura says, between breaths, “Can I just call it and never think about it again?”

“You don’t need to call it if you don’t want to.”

“But I do. I don’t mind being a mentor to everyone but it is obvious that I no longer belong in the ring like the rest.” Laura says pulling back and wiping her eyes, “Besides, it was agreed. Once Bella was ready....”

“But that doesn’t mean that you have to walk away if you don’t want to, Laur. At least all together, if you don’t want to.” Nick looks back at the house and notices Bella watching them with a smile, while feeding Máire for a moment before leaving them be, “I know you’re gonna wanna continue on in some form and I’m not about to tell you no. We’ve been together long enough to know better.”

Laura laughs and kisses her husband, all these years and they love each other just as much if not more than the day they both stubbornly realized it.

“Let me get through this match and then we’ll go from there.”

“Fair enough. Come on, let’s get some cake. Cake always makes you feel better.”

“That it does.”

Rookie mistakes are simple to point out but we all know Harper is not an idiot. Putting a feather in her cap for a veteran that holds multiple Hall of Fames, world titles and so on would be a spectacular moment for her.

But alas for her, I am not one to just accept that this is it and I should just go out with the passing of the torch to her.

I passed that torch a while ago on two separate occasions.

Bella and Kayla

I have absolutely zero interest in splitting it up like horcruxes so let’s move on, shall we?

As far as I am concerned, following High Stakes, that is it for me inside any ring. 4 sided to 6 sided and otherwise. I have given everything that I had and the last thing I got is my sanity and I will be absolutely damned if I give that away willingly. I almost lost it once a long time ago and I will never have that happen again.

So let’s go from there to this, Harper you are about to find yourself under the learning tree on the biggest show of the year with a woman that could easily write the book about overcoming impossible odds. Top rookie or not, your journey, Harper...it’s just beginning. There is nothing left for me to prove but to just go out and show you that you haven’t even begun to learn.

That’s my job and then I’ll bow out gracefully.

And this chapter is done.

But Harper, be ever so careful. For if you underestimate me, you are going to pay for it and kid...it’s nothing personal.

It’s just how I do business.