Author Topic: “The Path To Redemption Part II: Old Wounds.”  (Read 5310 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“The Path To Redemption Part II: Old Wounds.”
« on: September 25, 2023, 09:31:59 PM »
Following a win over Georgie Robertson at the first CC of the cycle Krystal found herself without an opponent for the next three weeks whilst she watched her friend Ariana go off the deep-end, well now Krystal was back in action as she had a return match from the Violent Conduct Cycle ahead of her, Krystal’s opponent? Roxi Johnson! Their last match ended with Krystal nearly killing Roxi whilst she was under the influence of Sin but now that she was free, maybe the match will be normal? Well, as normal as a Street Fight can be that is! Can Krystal win?

Krystal’s hotel room, Fresno, California
Sunday the 23rd of September 2023, 23:00pm

What a cycle this has turned out to be.

I watched my former friend lose her mind over night and destroy several friendships in the process, I saw Jessie’s cousin debut and subsequently lose her second match to Bea, I saw Mark make two hated rivals be forced to team with each other in the Main Event and promise to not attack each other during the course of the match or be fired, they say Christian has the sadistic sense of humour but I’m beginning to think that he gets that from Mark!

And to think, I thought my redemption was going to be the most interesting thing about the High Stakes Cycle at first.

Climax Control ended two hours ago and I’ve been in my hotel room since, just staring at the ceiling as I lay down on my bed, I’m a night owl, anyone who’s seen me game on Twitch or being Australian even though I’ve lived in the US for almost nine years now but neither my gaming habits nor me still not being used to the US Time Zones after all these years were keeping me up, no, it was the match that the SCW brass had seen fit to book me in.

A rematch against Roxi, in a Streetfight no less.

I’m sure you guys remember my last rematch against Roxi, I may not have been in control of my body at that point but I still had the best seats in the house to witness Sin nearly kill an SCW Legend using my body, since I came back I had been debating with myself whether I should count that as a win on my win/loss record for obvious reasons but now they were running it back again.

Remember what I said about Mark and Christian having dark senses of humour? Well, if tonight’s Main Event was Exhibit A in that trial, this rematch was Exhibit B.

”How exactly am I going to kill time for the next half hour?” I asked myself as I looked at my Twitter feed, aside from my tweet about the Roxi match I wasn’t up for much interacting, besides, dealing with the Bombshell Internet Champion’s lack of filter was too much of a headache right now. ”Still not sure if I’ll find a place for me on the High Stakes card, at least last year I had that joke of a rivalry with Mercedes to tide me over.”

My train of thought was interrupted when I got a video call from Makayla and got out of bed before heading straight to the laptop, why? Because I really disliked trying to do video calls on my phone and once I woke up my laptop I answered the call. ”Hey Charlotte.” Makayla greeted me as I sat down in the chair, my hair was a mess from lying on the bed but frankly I couldn’t be bothered to give it a brush. ”I take it you saw next week’s card?”

”You mean the latest evidence of the bosses love for putting me against Roxi?” I asked as I ran a hand through my hair and Makayla nodded. ”I’m surprised their doing this rematch so soon, it’s barely been a month since I last faced Roxi and we both know how that match ended.”

”I’m still never showing that or the public workouts to our daughters whilst they are still young, when they get older? You can answer their awkward questions then.” Makayla responded with a frown as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”Frankly? Between that and the whole thing with Ari I’m wondering what the hell’s gotten into the Go Gym’s Water Supply lately!”

”I haven’t been to the Go Gym in months so your guess is as good as mine.” I responded with a shrug and Makayla conceded that I had a point. ”Maybe the issue is that the Go Gym grads are reluctant to talk about their problems? I know that was part of the reason I snapped and Ari’s had mental health issues for years, who knows what the others are hiding.”

”If you want to play armchair psychologist with either Tempest or Fenris? Be my guest!” Makayla responded as she shook her head and I had to admit she had a point. ”Saying that? Didn’t Fenris tweet about heading back to Iceland?”

”I think so, and his injury might have a lot to do with it, either way we probably won’t see him again until we’re well into 2024.” I responded with a nod as I brushed some messy hair over my shoulder. ”But back to Roxi, if we can even count the Sin Match then that means I have one win over her, a win that comes with one hall of a fucking caveat.”

”True enough and based off Roxi’s reaction? Maybe she doesn’t count it?” Makayla suggested and that was a possibility, pretty much the only time I’d ever want a win over a Hall of Famer to not count to boot. ”We should probably worry about whether that match counts down the road, when we’re going over your career with our daughters and all that.”

”By “down the road” I take it you mean “when they are old enough to either go to college or start training to become wrestlers” and not “a few months from now”?” I asked Makayla and she nodded to confirm that that was what she meant. ”Either way, getting an actual win over Roxi will get me on the right track! Georgie’s good but she’s nowhere near Roxi’s level.”

”Which is probably why she’s stuck in perpetual challenger purgatory right now.” Makayla nodded in agreement before yawning a bit. ”We’ll talk more when you return to Vegas tomorrow, I know you tend to stay up late Charlotte but try to get an early night.”

”I’ll try, good night.” I responded before we ended the call and I put the laptop to sleep, not long after that? I was in bed, trying to get some sleep this time.

Does time heal old wounds? We’ll find out next week.

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 25th of September 2023, 16:00pm

So, away from SCW, what have I been up too since I got my body back from Sin?

I’ve mostly been trying to repair the burned bridge with the Go Gym but so far they haven’t returned my calls, not about to pay them a visit either after Ariana’s recent drama so in other words? I’ve been keeping to myself since I got my win over Georgie earlier in the cycle.

How has that gone? Well, me and Makayla aren’t back to being a lesbian couple, much less a married one, but she hasn’t thrown me out of the house despite everything I did between Blaze of Glory and Violent Conduct so we’re still on good terms, Cassie has definitely matured a lot since she joined EWC which was evident in how quickly she had accepted my apology but the fact that we were half sisters rather than older cousins was still taking some getting used too.

Her girlfriends on the other hand? Yeah, Becky and Zoey still haven’t come around, and I haven’t even tried with Cassie’s stepparents so yeah, it was a slow healing process.

”Jessie’s launching her bar and grill this week, maybe I can convince Makayla to attend.” I muttered to myself as I leaned back on the sofa and looked at my phone, our German Shepherd Garrus was laying at my feet being a relatively chilled out dog. ”Any ideas Garrus?” I asked the doggo and he looked up at me with a tilted head.

”If I can get a babysitter for Rachel and the twins? Definitely, if not? We’ll have to go another time.” Makayla commented as she entered the lounge with a cup of coffee for me which I gladly took. ”Said babysitter would have to be good with dogs off course, I’d ask Ari since her house is turning into a Noah’s Arc of sorts but we’ve both seen how quickly her mental health has gone downhill.”

”Remember me and Ari’s match last year at the Christmas Special? The one against Masque and Blackthorn?” I asked with a slight shudder and Makayla nodded in response. ”She told me that her family has a history of mental health problems of the women’s side, nothing serious enough for a member to be institutionalized, at least as far as she knows, but still pretty scary.”

”No doubt about that.” Makayla commented as she shook her head. ”She always seemed so normal when we spoke, do you know if she’s ever told anyone else?”

”Carter would be my first bet for obvious reasons, Gabriel too but I haven’t spoken to him since our little chat in Scotland.” I added before I took a sip from my drink. ”I’ll worry about her another time, but for now I’ve gotta worry about wrestling one of her idols.”

”Surprised Roxi hasn’t said anything about Ari yet, she’s taken a special interest in her since their title match.” Makayla admitted as our Golden Labrador Tali joined us in the lounge, she did a big stretch before laying down across from Garrus. ”That’s right Tali, lay down in the most inconvenient spot for momma to get up from.” Makayla commented as she stroked the dog and Tali wagged her tail. ”Almost miss the days when I was in the final stages of my pregnancy, the dogs didn’t get in the way as much back then.” Makayla admitted as she let out a sigh. ”And I do wish you were there for the twins’ birth.”

”Between everything that was going on with me at the time and your family? It would’ve taken an army at least.” I responded with a frown as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”So, how exactly did you address the whole “lack of a father” thing whilst at the hospital for the birth? Surely some of the nurses had to be curious.”

”I’ll admit, that wasn’t something I planned for, I was hoping your prescience would explain it once it became clear that you were my wife but we both know what happened there.” Makayla sighed as she thought back to the fateful day. ”I eventually decided “fuck it” and told them the truth, that I was a lesbian who got artificially inseminated, some older nurses did give me some judging looks but the younger ones were understanding.”

”Sounds about right.” I muttered with a grunt as I started stroking Garrus with my foot, after a few minutes of that he rolled onto his back expecting a belly rub and I was happy to give him one. ”So, what does your family think of the whole Sin situation? I know your family’s Jewish but I don’t know much about the religion outside of the basic facts.”

”To be fair? I don’t really practice the religion. I mean, I’ll attend a cousin’s Bar Mitza if I’m invited [but that’s not something that comes around regularly.”/color] Makayla admitted with a shrug and I nodded as I got the idea. ”Some are sceptical if that was really what happened, Sin didn’t really behave like a demon would normally in their eyes, Penelope pretty much shrugged and went “that explains a lot”, so far? She’s the only one who knows that you’ve moved back in with me.”

”Guess the others will find out when………” I caught myself mid-sentence and Makayla gave me a raised eyebrow. ”If we get back together, I’m pretty sure I would’ve noticed if you had started dating someone else by now.”

”Penelope tried to get me to sign up to a number of different dating sites after I filed for divorce, Greek dating sites, Jewish dating sites, Greek-Jewish Dating Sites, Pregnant Women dating sites, yes, they actually exist, and off course, lesbian dating sites.” Makayla sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. ”I kept telling her that it was too early for me to move on, I eventually admitted that I was hoping things would work out when I was in hospital after the I gave birth to Cara and Zosia.”

”Gee, I wonder why she didn’t tell me when Penelope called me to tell me that the birth had gone well considering the twins were a week premature.” I muttered to myself and Makayla just shook her head. ”You’re not going to pull a similar stunt for my twenty eighth birthday, right?”

”Oh god no! setting aside the reaction from my family when they learned that I had gotten pregnant artificially as a birthday present to you? I wasn’t prepared for how hard pregnancy actually is! Half tempted to ask Bella how her pregnancy went if I run into her to be honest.” Makayla admitted as she quickly shook her head and I nodded in understanding. ”Besides, I’m going to do something a bit more low key this year, after the crazy year we’ve had? I just want the final two months to be relatively normal!”

”No argument there.” I nodded in agreement before Makayla went off to make a start on dinner.

Outside Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 25th of September 2023, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Oh boy.

”To whoever came up with the phrase “time heals old wounds”? if I ever meet you, I want to punch you in the face.” I commented as I stepped into view outside Hero Academy. ”Because I’ve got a lot of old wounds that time is really dragging its heels when it comes to healing! But this Sunday? Maybe I’ll get a chance to heal a wound that was inflicted relatively recently, not on me but on one of the women who own the training school behind me!” I added as I motioned with my head towards Hero Academy. ”It’s been a hot minute since we last wrestled, hasn’t it Roxi?”

Here we go.

”The old wound I’m referring to is, off course, our last match, and that’s if you really count it as another chapter in our unofficial rivalry considering Sin was in control of my body at the time.” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”I’m not going to sugar coat it Roxi, I know there’s blood on my hands, not just your blood but every person I’ve hurt since Blaze of Glory, your blood just so happens to be the most prominent!” I stated as folded my arms. ”Not to mention a blood debt that I’ll be paying well into the new year thanks to the SCW Brass taking that huge ass fine out of my paycheque!  But you’ve seem to have forgiven me for all that.”

Why?

”What exactly have I done to earn your forgiveness Roxi?” I asked bluntly as I glanced over at the school. ”I wasn’t the one who expelled Sin from my body, that was Whisper, and since then the most I’ve done is kicked Georgie’s ass at the start of the cycle!” I added before shaking my head. ”And frankly? Bringing up your loss to Georgie at this point is like beating a dead horse, except some Bombshells are continuing to beat it as it’s being taken into the glue factory! My point is Roxi, I’ve been on a Path of Redemption since Violent Conduct, and you have no real reason to forgive me, even less reasons than Keira or Ariana!”

Among others.

”Let’s be honest, you could probably build a whole new wrestling promotion with the list of people I’ve pissed off this year alone! Just give me a better name than “Krystal’s Enemies Wrestling” and we’ll be all set!” I added as I shook my head. ”Which off course brings me back to the original point: why? Why the sudden forgiveness? Because so far I’ve done fuck all to gain anyone’s trust back! Anyone in the wrestling business that is, it’s surprising how forgiving family can be after they learned that you’ve been possessed by a demon for at least a year and a half!”

Strange world we live in.

”Throw in the fact that the bosses, in their infinite wisdom and unending sadistic sense of humour, made this match a street fight when it’s not even been a month since THAT No Disqualification Match! The matches are basically the same, it’s just that you come as you are for the Street Fight.” I added before looking down at my attire which, whilst casual, wasn’t really suited for combat. ”And no, I won’t be wearing this outfit to the match, not really practical combat attire but then again, what is?” I asked before running a hand through my hair. ”But there is one thing I know for sure Roxi, you’ve been on a downward spiral as of late, you lost to Julianna DiMaria after getting blasted with Brass Knuckles for fucks sake, I won’t be as sneaking as to smuggle them in by hiding them on my person, but I will do whatever it takes to win Roxi!”

And that’s the truth.

”And honestly I’m still not sure how Julianna walked around with those things in one of her wrestling boots, but more to the point Roxi? Like it or not and circumstances be damned, my win-loss record says that I have a win over you in the last cycle, what’s stopping me from doing that again this Sunday at Climax Control?” I asked as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Not in the exact way mind you, I don’t normally go out of my way to murder Hall of Famers in a wrestling match! But one way or another Roxi? This match is mine!”

It's that simple.

”I just know that whole Sin saga is going to haunt me for the rest of my fucking life, but at least this Sunday I can put one of those lingering demons to rest.” I added as I held up a finger to the camera. ”Whether or not my last match against Roxi counted! I’m sure Team Hero has their own opinions about whether or not that match should count and I have my own, but a win this Sunday will at least allow me to excise that demon from my thoughts!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Roxi? This Sunday our Streetfight is more than just a wrestling match, it’s about healing old wounds.” I said as I looked at Hero Academy again. ”You and Keira took over Cassie’s training after Matthew’s wrestling school imploded, for that I thank you, but this is more for me than anything else Roxi and the sooner you realize that? The better, because the Winds of Change are blowing in SCW and I, Krystal Wolfe, am leading the charge for the new generation, will I continue my success at The Path To Redemption Part II: Old Wounds? One way to find out, see you on Sunday!”

I got in my car and drove off as the scene fades.