Author Topic: KAYLA RICHARDS (c) v ALEESHA JONES - Internet Championship  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
KAYLA RICHARDS (c) v ALEESHA JONES - Internet Championship
« on: August 14, 2023, 06:47:18 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Chapter 23: Human
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 07:09:06 AM »
Human

I needed somewhere to go.

After leaving Finn’s house in New York City, I needed somewhere to go. After some thought and time, I ended up at my sister Tasmin’s home. I had thought about going upstate, up to my other sister's house. To see Amber. But, knowing her that would have been a bad idea.

Amber and I are far too similar.

If I had turned up there I can imagine the conversation, she would have brown beat me for “giving up”, or for “being weak”. She might even have told me to march back there, grab Emily by that mop of blonde hair and beat the hell out of her in the kitchen till it was bloody red. And people wonder why I am the way I am. My older sister was my hero and she was just as much of a bitch as me.

Instead I went to Tasmin’s, putting my things in storage except for a backpack and a large suitcase. It was a brief conversation, a text message telling her I was going to be staying with her and her husband for a week or so. I had the means to find my own place, I always had. Staying with Finn in that huge apartment was not out of financial necessity.

SCW pays me very well for what I do.

The door opened and there she was. Tasmin, my baby sister. A talented wrestler in her own right, a little too flippy and bouncy for my tastes. While Amber was versed in submission wrestling, ground and pound, and joint manipulation, I was more about strikes and beating my opponent to within an inch of their life. I mixed in submissions, for sure, but that was my thing. Tasmin on the other hand, well, she was about high flying and being an athletic freak.

But, her days in the ring were on hold. She was still looking after her and Adam’s baby daughter. And the role of mother and wife suited her well. But what struck me as interesting, above all else was Tasmin’s look.

Gone was the platinum blonde. Now she was raven haired like myself and Amber. But, Amber and I were born that way. We looked like our mother. Tasmin on the other hand was blonde, like the asshole shitstain we called a father. But, she changed it. She felt different. And as I walked into her house I was able to smile for the first time in weeks.

I saw her. Dawn. My niece.

I loved my nieces and nephew from Amber, don’t get me wrong. But for some reason, I had a connection with Dawn. She was now a little over a year old, sitting up and playing with little blonde curls dangling down. She was the cutest little bundle I’d ever seen. Tasmin sat back and folded her arms as I moved to the floor and sat down, pulling Dawn onto my lap.

”So, why the sudden move?”

Tasmin knew why. She was there, she’d seen it all. But she wanted me to talk about me. She wanted for me to open up. And part of me wanted too, needed to. Part of me was all about venting. But there was still a mental block there. A small voice in my head telling me to simply swallow it all. The emotional damage, the anger, the sadness. The pain. Just push it down. ”Felt like I should strike out on my own, I guess. It was time. They were all cramping my style.”

”Mhmmm…”

I cleared my throat and looked away. Continuing, and perhaps overexplaining. ”Finn’s home was starting to feel like a wayward wrestler orphanage. And I had no desire to play mother to a bunch of idiots who can’t string a sentence together unless you beat them first.” I booped Dawn on the nose; she laughed and picked up a small plastic horse bopping it up and down like it was galloping. I chuckled and looked back over at Tasmin, and her arms had folded over her chest.

Here it fucking comes…

”It had nothing to do with that party, then?” I groaned, audibly. Tasmin raised an eyebrow and stepped forward. ”I saw the look on your face, Kay, I saw how hurt you were, how angry you were. You can’t hide that.”

”Yeah, it could have been avoided so easily.”

Tasmin shook her head and clicked her tongue. ”Look, I just got asked to come over, I turned up and was told it was a birthday party. I got there maybe five minutes before you and spent those five minutes frantically trying to get everyone there NOT to do this…” I knew she did, she had already told me after the fact.

I put my hand up and shook my head. ”I know. I don’t blame you for it…I know you were pulled into the middle of it all.”

Tasmin swallowed, she felt guilty. It wasn’t what I intended. ”The only other person there who thought it was a bad idea was Dickie….” She trailed off and shook her head. ”But he was hoping you’d snap and beat the shit out of Emily…”

I couldn’t help but chuckle. The same reaction our older sister would have had. ”I knew I had to go, Tas...” I paused, and my brain moved a mile a minute. I needed to come up with something. Anything. But it was too late. The floodgates opened. ”It was clear he was never going to choose me. I was just kidding myself…” My jaw clenched and I ran a hand through my niece’s hair, sighing heavily as a tear rolled down my cheek. ”I was never going to be good enough. And that was ok, I just wish I hadn’t…”

I trailed off again, taking a deep breath in. Tasmin tilted her head as her look softened, her arms fell to her sides as she moved over and crouched down next to me and Dawn. ”Wish you hadn’t…what?” I closed my eyes and let out a laboured breath that stuttered out.

”Let myself believe it.”

I shook my head, tears flowed again. Tasmin leaned over, wrapping her arms around me. We sat on the floor, me hugging Dawn, Tasmin hugging us both. I felt weak. I felt vulnerable. And the entire time, only one word played through my mind.

Pathetic.

Future Imperfect

”Something that you can definitely say about me is that I don’t like to say I told you so, and that I am a gracious winner.”

Kayla laughs to herself. No, she is not delusional enough to believe this is true. She just likes being a bitch.

”But, I told you so. I told every single one of you that Ariana did not belong in the ring with me and that she didn’t deserve the opportunity that was given to her. And yeah, given. Not earned. You look at her history and there is no justification for making me face her again, so I did what any rational professional wrestler and champion would do.”

“I beat the breaks of that ratchet Greek bitch and banished her from the Internet Title scene.”

“And by the time Violent Conduct rolls around, I will have been the Internet champion for over 130 days. But, this is the third time I have held this title. The third time I have been the Internet Champion. My first reign should not have ended the way it did. I should not have watched this championship get taken by a woman who just wanted to add it to her resume and check it off a list.”

“I dragged myself back up, I took the title back and then went about re-establishing it.”

“Only to have it taken away due to Ariana Angelos and her stupidity. I told SCW Management that she shouldn’t be there. I told them all she was going to rob me of that title and what happened? There was nothing against Melissa; she and I went to a draw in our first one on one match, she proved herself and I wanted to defend the title against her without Ariana, and in the end…Melissa pinned her, my title got taken from me and I again had to drag my way back up to take back what was mine.”

Her demeanor changes. She growls and shakes her head, the anger and frustration clearly showing on her face.

”And all I wanted, all I ever wanted, was real challengers. Women in this company willing to lay it all on the line. And in the end, I got matches against an aging veteran in Laura Phoenix and a painfully average piece of shit in Dawn Warren. Are you kidding me? Laura Phoenix, and respect to her career, is not on my level. And I proved it. Dawn Warren, well she shouldn’t have even sniffed in my direction let alone have had a title opportunity.”

“And, what happened with my calls for competition? Hmm? They fell on deaf ears as I was handed Ariana again. With a promise that if she beat me, somehow fluked a win, she would have gotten another shot. And everyone, everyone says that I would have wanted an easy fight. Cause that is what everyone secretly wants. The easy fight. Something I have never wanted.”

“So, imagine my happiness when I read the fine print….”

“After beating Ariana I could name my own opponent.”

“And as I said when I announced my challenger, I was never going to choose the easy way out. If I wanted that I would have laid down for Ariana, I would have then destroyed her at Violent Conduct. I would have chosen Dawn Warren again, or called Kate Steele out of whatever self imposed fake retirement she’s in, or I would have chosen Bea Barnhart. There were a million other names I could have chosen that would have been a walk through for me.”

“Instead, I chose Aleesha Jones.”

Kayla smirks and gives a small nod before clearing her throat and pulling the Internet title up and over her shoulder.

”I chose someone who has been undefeated and has been showing herself as a future star in this company and the wrestling world as a whole. She is an unknown in my world. Someone who I don’t know that much about, who I can only do a certain amount of scouting on. And. based on what I have seen, well she’s a challenge. Aleesha has been beating everyone in front of her. Including Samantha Marlowe a few weeks ago.”

“Now, Samantha Marlowe is not the name she used to be, in fact her stock has fallen faster than Gamestop’s, but she is still a former champion and that match could have easily derailed Aleesha’s momentum.”

“Instead, the opposite happened.”

“And then what hmmm? Aleesha grabbed a microphone and spoke her mind. She wanted the spotlight, so I decided to give it to her. Especially since she seems to think the same way I do. And you do Aleesha. I watched you after you beat Sam, the look in your eyes, the fire you have. People hate me because I say and do whatever I want and I seem to be misunderstood. I don’t like idiots and fools and this company is full of them. And because I run my mouth about it…I’m hated.”

Kayla offers a chuckle, with no shortage of arrogance behind it as she clutches the Internet title.

”Hell, you pointed out everything wrong with the SCW landscape. You are undefeated, overlooked and pushed aside while others get handed the spotlight. Tempest and Zoey Lukas are barely around yet they get handed opportunities in the queen for a bday. Bea Barnbhart and Alexandra Callaway can’t even lace up your boots yet they get chances at Roulette gold. Mercedes Vargas gets thrown into every big name high profile match despite not having been relevant in close to a decade.”

“Then there’s Ariana, someone we both see eye to eye on. So, after I beat her I went searching for an opponent and your name was on the shortlist of those I wanted to face.”

“Then you opened your mouth.”

“And from that moment I knew you were the one I wanted to give a shot to. And make no mistake, while you are undefeated and while you have earned it by being undefeated and getting my attention, I am giving it to you, because without me you wouldn’t even be on the Supercard. So…you know…”

“You’re welcome”

“But what about me hmm? Tell me Aleesha, you mentioned me by name but do you really know what you’re getting into with a match against Kayla Richards? See, it’s easy for people to look at me and fall into the usual trap. Saying I’m a bitch, a liar, a cheater. Saying that I take shortcuts and then spouting off some nonsense about how they’re better than me because of it. But, what do you really see with me?”

She pauses, waiting for an answer that will never come.

”I am one of the very few women on this roster that is honest. I will tell you right now, I will do anything and everything to keep this championship. I’ll cheat, take shortcuts, pull hair, poke you in the eye, I’ll do it all Aleesha. And the thing is, it’s on YOUR to stop me, it’s on YOU to make sure you can beat me. Something very few women have ever been able to do. See, I have been dominant everywhere I have gone. IWF, NGW, Project Honor, Hybrid, PWE…everywhere. So it’s not really shocking that I came to SCW and found success.”

“Now, you’re probably wondering, if I’m such a horrible bitch why haven’t I looked at you, pointed out flaws, either real or made up and tried to throw you under the bus with some kind of cheap comment? Why haven't I taken the low “mean girls” style road with you? Well, Aleesha, it’s simple really.”

“I don’t have to.”

“I don’t have to tear you down with fake bullshit and lies. Everything I have ever said about my opponents has been true. Tearing down people like Keira, Ariana and others, it’s been for a reason. It’s been straight up truth and honesty. So allow me to be honest with you. You can beat me, you absolutely can. You’re not like Ariana where it would be a fluke. You have talent, and you have proved that. And that is one of the reasons why I chose you. Because I am sick of waiting for this company to put the best in the ring with me. Whether that is an established star and former world champion, or an up and coming undefeated star in the making like you…”

She grits her teeth together and steps back clearing her throat and shaking her head, her long black hair flowing side to side.

”Now, just because you can beat me. Will you? That is the ultimate question isn’t it? The whole Dreamkiller thing I have going on, it is just a name but names have power. You have all these dreams, to be a champion, to be noticed. I’ll kill those dreams as well as one more. You said during your little moment on Climax Control 369 that you were going to be remembered as the “baddest bitch” in the division. That dream ends…”

“Cause you can’t have that title or the Internet title as long as I hold them.”

“I’m the Baddest Bitch in this company, I have been since day one. I will beat the shit out of you, stomp your head in cheat to beat you then laugh in your face when I’m done and you complain. But, Violent conduct will be your grand coming out party. The moment where Aleesha Jones gets noticed for being undefeated and gets a championship opportunity. It’s just too damn bad that it’s also the moment that it all gets taken away.”

Offline Aleesha Jones

• View Profile
“ Living In A Nightmare. ”
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 06:40:52 PM »

LIVING THE DREAM

Diary Entry #4
August 6th, 2023

Tonight is one to remember...

I showed up in Peru this week with the primary focus being in the ring with Hall of Famer: Samantha Marlow on Climax Control 369. However, I would’ve never in a million years expected how tonight would have gone down. I don’t even know if it could be put into a book or made into a movie. It’s just something that completely came out of nowhere. Therefore being something I’ll remember for a very long time going forward.

First and foremost getting into the ring with Samantha. I was a nervous wreck. I didn’t want anyone to know it. I didn’t want anyone to see it. I didn’t want anyone to think I was weak or that I was fangirling, but I was nervous. This was my biggest match yet. My biggest competition yet. It was a situation where there wasn’t like a bunch of people expecting me to come out on top. She’s been champion so many times, a fixture to the Bombshell Division, and that Hall of Fame status. I expected people to think that.

And she lived up to that status. That’s for damn sure. I was giving her some of the best shots I had. She took them right on the chin and it didn’t seem like it phased her even the slightest bit. I swear that every time I knocked her down. There wasn’t a chance she’d get back up but she did. She is a wild woman and let it be known that she wasn’t going to back down. Not even in the slightest. I liked the challenge, but girl, did it push me to my limits.

I don’t know how I did it. I really don’t, but I somehow reached parts of myself I’ve never reached before and was able to get the victory. The crowd eruption when I won was something I didn’t expect. I can be kind of a bitch sometimes. I am very vocal and don’t mind speaking my opinion, so it was a surprise to see them be so behind me after beating someone that’s been here for so long. But I’ll take it. It makes me feel good. Made me really feel like I got a bright future ahead of me.

But the win wasn’t the real shocker. I mean it was shocking. I didn’t think I’d pull it off and I did, but the more shocking part is what came a little later in the night. Kayla Richards, the Bombshell Internet Champion. She earned herself the right a few weeks back to name her challenger at Violent Conduct. Good for her, I guess. It isn’t anything that dealt with me. So I mind my own business with stuff like that. But then it became my business the moment she told the world. She was naming me as the challenger.

Truth be told, this is a lot to process at this moment. I mean, yes. I’ve been out here campaigning for more chances. More opportunities. Almost begging for them to just give me a little of something to sink my teeth into. It felt like it was being fallen upon deaf ears, but then this happened. So many questions are running through my head. The most important one of them all being: Why me? Why was I the one chosen? There’s got to be some type of reasoning behind it right?

Either way, it’s official. She called her shot which she was allowed to do. Then SCW themselves announced the match is officially happening at Violent Conduct. I don’t know if I’m ready for this opportunity. I don’t know what’s going to come of it. I don’t really know what to expect. But what I do know is that I’ve got about three weeks or so to get myself ready. Not to mention, I have to make the most of this. Because who knows if it’ll ever happen again.

I’m just out here living the dream!

xoxo
ALEESHA

** FLASHBACK TO 2009 **

One of the things seven year old Aleesha looked forward to during the summer was spending time with her grandmother. At that age it was clearly one of her favorite things to do. Of course part of that had a lot to do with her grandmother always letting her stay up later than she should to watch wrestling. Aleesha sat there on her knees clutching one of her favorite dolls and eyes were glued to the television. Her grandmother is sitting in the background with her crossword puzzle in her lap. The excitement of Aleesha coming out of her with the action going on with the wrestling show.

ALEESHA: That’s it! You got him! Pin him! Do it!

Her excitement was just oozing out of her. For a seven year old it was quite normal. Her grandmother looked up from her puzzle long enough to address the young child.

HENRIETTA JONES: Now-now baby. I told you, I’d let you stay up and watch but there won’t be any of that hoopin’ and hollerin’ this late at night.

Briefly, Aleesha looked back over her shoulder.

ALEESHA: Yes ma’am.

The young girl was brought up with respect. Manners were a big thing in her household. Very much instilled in her from her parents and even more so expected around her grandparents. She went to put her attention back to the program. Her smile never faded during the rest of that program. Completely lost in what she was seeing. Once her grandmother could hear the program wrapping up. She put her book down and began to push herself up out of her hair.

HENRIETTA JONES: Alright now. Let’s go get you ready for bed. Ya mama going to be here bright and early tomorrow to pick you up.

She motioned for the child to get up. Aleesha got herself up off the floor and began to follow her grandmother down the hall towards the spare bedroom that was always set up for her when she came to visit. Once they were in the room, her grandmother pulled back the blankets for her. Aleesha slowly pulled herself up on the bed.

ALEESHA: Ma’am, can I ask you something?

HENRIETTA JONES: Of course sugar. What’s on your mind?

ALEESHA: Do you think I could be a wrestler?

Her eyes were bright and full of life as she looked up at her grandmother asking the question.

HENRIETTA JONES: Well what those men and women do on television every week is a lot of hard work. It takes proper training. It’ll be a lot of wear and tear on the body. Lots of aches and pains. Days where you’re feeling like you’re going to want to quit. Yet you’ll have to remain on all that passion and dedication you have for what you’re doing to carry you through. No doubt it’ll be tough, but then again nothing anyone wants comes easy.

ALEESHA: Oh...

For a moment there was a little disappointed look on the child’s face.

HENRIETTA JONES: However, being the smart and the beautiful little lady you are. I firmly believe you can be anything you want to be. You can achieve anything you want to achieve. If being a wrestler is what you dream about at night. Then go on and chase your dreams.

Sometimes when you're a child. All you needed was to hear someone - anyone say they believed in you. Even when your dream might’ve seemed completely out there. Or even knowing that she was just seven years old, which meant her dreams were likely going to change a hundred times over the next couple of years. Aleesha found herself crawling into bed with that smile across her face, her grandmother starting to tuck her in.

ALEESHA: I’m going to ma’am! I’m going to chase the dream and be the biggest wrestler in the world.

HENRIETTA JONES: Well I’ll be sure to be at every match and can’t wait to see how all the championships you intend to bring home.

ALEESHA: All the championships! All of them!

A yawn overcame the child as she closed her eyes with a smile. Her grandmother headed for the door as she flipped the lights off and walked out of the room closing the door behind her. In her seven year old might that is what she was going to do with her life. And it turns out that’s exactly what she ended up doing. She might’ve experienced some hardships. As well as went through a very confusing time of her life. But nevertheless she made her dream a reality.

Being back home in Raleigh felt strange for Aleesha. After the confrontation with her folks a few weeks back. After not seeing them in five years. It very much felt like she wasn’t welcomed. But the anniversary of her grandmother’s passing was approaching. She wouldn’t even be in the country when the actual date of the anniversary took place. And she felt she had to pay some type of tribute as she had done every year since she passed. Aleesha found herself walking through the cemetery with a bouquet of flowers in her hand. Approaching the very headstone of her grandmother. She stood there in silence looking at the picture of her grandmother on said headstone. Very much how she had remembered her. Clearing her throat as she spoke.

ALEESHA: I know it’s been awhile since my last visit, but life has kind of taken a wild turn in the last six months or so. Almost too much to keep track of myself.

She had lowered herself down to the ground and taken a seat right there on the grass in front of her grandmother’s headstone. Placing the flowers down in front of it.

ALEESHA: Matter of fact the last time we talked. I was telling you about how I had just recently finished wrestling training, but I wasn’t sure where it was going to take me. Turns out that I worked enough shows on the indies that I got the attention of the folks at Sin City Wrestling. I signed a contract with them back in March. Been kind of just going through the wheels of motion. I personally don’t think I’ve done anything too special. Kind of why I feel like I’ve been slept on quite a bit. But I guess being undefeated still as a rookie isn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world to do. I just feel like I’ve got a lot more to do. A lot more to prove. I’m just not where I want to be, I guess is what I am trying to allude to more than anything.

A small little shrug left her shoulders. Now in the back of Aleesha’s mind. She knew if her grandmother was alive she would be very unpleasant with her at this moment. Not talking highly about herself and putting far too much pressure on herself. After all, one thing she had taught her granddaughter, especially when she got into her teenage years. To live in the moment and be happy with what you had.

ALEESHA: I do have to admit though. I’ve been pretty sad lately knowing that you’re not around. I know it’s been a while but I remember a conversation we had when I was real-little. You told me you couldn’t wait to be at every wrestling match I had. But of course you never even got to see me finish training. Let alone be at a match. Yet, the one that hurts real extra is when you told me you couldn’t wait for all the championships I was going to bring home over the course of my career. And that one hits a little harder than I expected it would. Considering, I just found out a few days ago. I’ll be competing for my very first championship at a Super Card.

She could feel herself getting a little choked up at that moment. Taking all of that into consideration. Saying it out loud seemed to hurt so much more.

ALEESHA: I was hand picked by a woman to be her challenger. Of course now that I’ve had the time to think about it. Really mow things over in my head. I don’t think her choosing me to be her challenger has anything to do with actual competition or even having respect for me. But instead, I think it’s a matter of her thinking I’m just someone she can go right on over for an easy title defense. Kind of frustrating to be viewed in that light when I’m out there giving it everything I’ve got. But what can you do? Especially when the match is confirmed. It’s going to happen. And that’s weighing heavy on my mind. To know I got this match. To know it’s for a championship. To know that I’m not ready for it. And to know that if I win it, you’re not going to be here to celebrate this moment with me.

I guess when I really think about it though. This can’t be a matter of if I win. It has to be a situation where I have to win. You’re the only person that believed in me. No matter how silly this dream might have appeared when I was a seven year old girl. But then again I know that it wouldn’t have mattered what I wanted to be when I grew up. I could have said a doctor or a musician. You’d still support me in what I wanted to be. Sure, you would have given me the cold hard facts. You’d told me how hard it was going to be and how much work would need to be put in. But the support would’ve been there. I really wish I would have told you when you were here. How much it meant to me that you did believe in me and my dreams. But since I can’t tell you. I’ll have to show you how much it meant by winning and becoming a champion for the first time.

Taking a deep breath at that moment. She was still very much trying to keep her composure. This was a nice reminder of why life was short. It had been years since her grandmother was last around in the living form, but now that she was older and experiencing these things. It was telling her that she should have said more. She should have shown more. She should have understood that the only guarantee in life was taxes and death.

ALEESHA: My back is against the wall. My inexperience is going to show. This woman is no doubt going to be out to make me look bad. She certainly doesn’t want to lose her championship. I’m going to be the biggest target all night long, even though she’s the reason I’m in this situation. But somehow-someway, I gotta dig down deep. I gotta bring a part of myself to that match that hasn’t been seen before. I have to be something I’ve never been before. And as easy as it is for me to say that. As much as I recognize that. I’ve got no idea how I’m going to do all of this. No idea at all, just know it has to be done.

She felt herself becoming a little overwhelmed with anxiety. Realizing all of this combined with the sadness of missing her grandmother. It was all a lot to deal with, but that was part of being a human one could say. She looked up at that grave once again.

ALEESHA: I should probably get going. It’s going to be a long travel day tomorrow. I miss you and I really hope that you’re watching over me when this all goes down. There’s no doubt, I’m going to need to feel your presence that night.

Following her words she kissed her own fingertips before placing it to the top of the headstone of her grandmother’s grave. Aleesha pushed herself up to her feet at that moment and started to make the slow walk away from the grave. There were so many emotions that she was going through. There was so much weighing on her mind. All the pressure was felt. And she still had weeks to go before the match was even a thing. Time would only tell how it would all end for the young upstart.

Violent Conduct is nearing around the corner. It was something that professional wrestling fans as a whole were talking about, not just SCW fans specifically. Rightfully so considering how big the show had shaped out to be and considering some of the biggest matches of the year were set to take place. One of those matches happened to be between Kayla Richards and Aleesha for the Bombshell Internet Championship. A match that came out of nowhere, but also a match that had the potential to steal the show. With the night sky fallen, this was the time where Aleesha got the most clarity with all the chaos that kept her busy in life.

Kayla...

Her eyebrows raised slightly by mentioning the woman’s name. That set the wheels in motion, that things were at the very least about to get interesting.

This is the part where you are under the belief that I’m going to kiss your ass, worship the ground you walk in, sing your praises, and grovel at your feet. All because you gave me a shot at the Bombshell Internet Championship that sits oh so pretty around your waist, am I right? Well, if that’s what you’re thinking. Allow me to be the bearer of bad news and break your heart. Because that’s not what I’m going to do at all. Especially when I can read right between the lines babygirl.

She shook her head just a little bit. Carrying herself at that moment as if she knew something that no one else knew. That could be a good thing, or it could be a bad thing. Depending on how one looked at it. However, being the loud mouth she was. She wouldn't stay silent for long.

You see you’re trying to paint this narrative. That you’re not only doing a kind thing, but you’re doing something that you consider to be a challenge for yourself. That’s all good in the hood, if that’s what was really going on. But that’s not what’s going on. Let’s call a spade a spade shall we, Kayla? You choose me as your opponent because you see me as an easy target. You see me as someone that’s not got the skills that some of the other members of the roster have. You see me as a woman that isn’t a threat to your championship. Kayla, you see this as an easy night at the office. And since you can’t stay at home for another month without being booked or defending the title like you did a few months ago. This seems like the best course of action right? ... Wrong!

Once again, she stood there shaking her head from side to side.

You might try and deny all these things. Say they’re nothing more than allegations and say that I don’t know you. That’s fine. You’ve got a right to freedom of speech, but I’m still calling bullshit. You don’t carry yourself like a prideful person, Kayla. You don’t carry yourself as someone that’s about respect. You don’t carry yourself as someone that’s about honor. You damn sure don’t carry yourself as someone that’s about dignity. Nah, you’ve always struck me as someone that’s going to be willing to cut someone’s legs out from under them first chance you got. As well as play every dirty underhanded card that you can as long as you’re the one that stays on top in the end.

This is professional wrestling after all. Being in one of the top spots is where you want to be. Being in one of the top spots is the only way you get noticed. Of course I understand that. Why do you think I’ve been trying so hard? Why do you think I’ve been so vocal? Why do you think I’ve taken every opportunity to be in the faces of management and to make sure the fans remembered I’m on this roster? Because I know I’m not in one of those spots and it’s easy to forget about someone like me when I’m not featured in those spots. That’s the last thing I wanted was to be forgotten about. And I was going to get one of those top spots if it was the last thing I did.

But let me guess that’s where in your eyes I look pathetic, am I right Kayla? After all, like I mentioned before. There was a time and a place where you sat at home for over a month. No matches. No title defenses. Not so much as a peep out of you. To which you said that it was SCW’s fault. That you weren’t someone that was going to beg and plead. That you weren’t someone that was just going to show up every week and do nothing but hang out in catering. That you were better than that. You’re better than that? But that’s still the approach you took? Sounds to me like you’re someone that would much rather be in a situation where you aren’t booked. So you don’t get exposed.

She was speaking now with a little more confidence in her voice.

But I guess you’re probably wondering what you could possibly be exposed for. Allow me to inform you. You don’t want to be exposed for being a fraud, Kayla. You see this mean girl act of yours can only last for so long. Because sooner rather than later, you’re going to run into someone it doesn’t work on. You see it works on the likes of someone like Ariana. She’s always in her feelings. Always concerned with being a positive light to everyone’s world. Always wanting people to like her. So of course crushing her spirit by being a mean girl works. Being a mean girl to someone like Dawn Warren also does wonders. After all, she's very much like a lost puppy dog. All they want is love and attention. The moment you don’t give it to them they break down and cry.

But that mean girl shit doesn’t work on me. I’m an adult. Maybe, if you were dealing with fourteen-fifteen year old Aleesha. You might be getting yourself somewhere. Cause lord knows I dealt with all the mean girls and I dealt with all the dickhead jocks that tried to tear me down. Made me feel bad about myself. Make me feel bad about the things I wanted for myself and the goals I wanted to achieve. But it’s funny at how hell bent they were to make me feel bad about themselves then. Yet, now if I were to expose my DMs. All those mean girls and jocks stay thirsty in them. Point I’m making here Kayla. There’s nothing you can say about me, nothing you can mock me for, nothing you can make fun of me about that’s going to make me question myself. The mean girl mindset holds no value.

The look on her face said it all. Clearly she wasn’t lacking in the confidence department. Not to mention, as far as she was concerned. She had her opponent all figured out. Now often it wasn’t that simple. There was still the physical aspect of it all. Something she seemed to be ready for, but only time would truly tell.

And as much as I might be a woman, that's all about the fans. I’m all for their love and their appreciation. I’m all for giving them something to look forward to. Like I looked up to wrestlers when I was a little girl. And not to mention who doesn’t love a little praise in their life? But with that being said Kayla. I don’t need the love and attention to make me feel worth something. I don’t need it to keep going on in life. I grew up feeling very alone. I’m more than capable of handling myself in those situations. So once again the mean girl act won’t work here either. You’re going to have to leave all of that at home and actually show what you can do in the ring. Because at the end of the day, Kayla. That’s all that matters. No amount of shit talking or mean girl antics hold any value. It’s all about what you do inside that squared circle. It’s all about who walks out with a win. That’s what people remember.

That was as true a statement as any. Wins and losses matter a lot more than people wanted to admit to. Most fans don’t remember the build up to a match. Most don’t even remember a single line from a promo leading up to a mat. But every single one of them remembers who walked away with the victory.

Trust me though, I’m aware of what is going to come out of your mouth next. Yes, Kayla. Yes, you’ve got far more experience than I do. You’ve been around for a good little bit in this industry. Certainly been around this company way longer than I have. I’m just getting my feet wet. I got the proper training from the proper people and then I did what I needed to do with it. Of course, I don’t consider anything I’ve done outside of SCW worth mentioning. We all go through the grind of the indies. We all have those shows where we work for a hot dog and a handshake. We’ve all worked those shows that we weren’t proud to be on. I went through that struggle, but all that matters to me is what I’ve done since I stepped into Sin City Wrestling.

And to you, being a three time SCW Bombshell Internet Champion. Nothing I’ve done so far would be worth mentioning in your eyes. Again, that’s your right to think so. But in my eyes, as much as it isn’t a lot. It’s still something. Let’s be real shall we Kayla? My debut match. Not a single person in SCW expected me to win. Everyone praises Ariana like she’s something special and really I might have brought into the hype or at the very least had some respect for her. Had she not disrespected me out the gate by trying to look past me. Either way, she nor anyone else expected me to win. And I did. Me, the so-called rookie, beat a former champion my first night in the company. But I’m not dumb, I know that people saw that as a fluke. No one was truly impressed and that's why I wasn’t booked for weeks.

Then everyone knows the whole situation with Eiley. I really do sound like a broken record at this point when it comes to that cunt. However, the same situation. No one expected me to win. No one thought I had a chance against the quote unquote next greatest bombshell. Hell, even the dumb bitch herself was talking about how she didn’t even care about the match. Further showing how I was viewed and all that did was piss me off while at the same time motivating me. I beat the brakes off that little girl and smiled the entire time. I walked out with a win while at the same time it seemed like I upset a lot of the higher ups because Eiley was their hand chosen woman. I wasn’t booked again, but that’s where I went off. I wouldn’t stay silent. I kept my face in everyone else’s as I mentioned before.

And this led to me getting in the ring with Samantha Marlow. A former multi-time champion, but more importantly a Hall of Famer within the walls of Sin City Wrestling. At that point, I think people understood I had a chip on my shoulder. I think they understood that I was a determined woman. I think they even understood that I knew my way around the ring. But even though they knew that. I still think they thought that was too big of a challenge for me to overcome. Don’t think anyone pinned me to win that match, but I did. I extended my win streak and defeated someone that holds so much value. I kind of look at that win as a situation where it shows that I’ve truly arrived here in SCW and that I do not plan on going anywhere anytime soon. Each of those matches and victories mean something to me.

I’m not about to let you or anyone else try to take that from me. As much as you’re going to want to discredit me and as much as you’re going to want to say that they don’t mean anything. In all reality, it means a lot. As well as it kind of makes you look like a hypocrite when you put it all together. Because after all you’re the one that chose me to be the one that you defend your championship against. If none of it meant anything, then I would have never gotten your attention and you would have never made that decision you made to begin with. Kind of proves my point that being a mean girl doesn’t get you anywhere in the long term. Not to mention makes you make a lot of bad choices. At the end of the day Kayla, I’m on your radar now and that could end very poorly for you.

Her eyes were a little more narrow at this point.

Now the two of us are set to face each other. I know for a fact, you don’t believe in me. It goes back to what I said from the start. You’re not giving me a title shot because you want a challenge. You’re doing it because you think that I’m someone you can easily defeat. And even with what I’ve done with the small chances and opportunities I’ve been given. I don’t think but maybe a handful of people think I can hold my own against you. That’s my girlfriend, my trainer, and maybe two or three die hard fans. There aren't a lot of people. After all, if you go through all of pro wrestling history. It isn’t very often that someone becomes a champion in just four pro matches.

It’s almost unheard of. But I believe in myself. I believe that deep down inside of me. I was born to be a champion. I was born to excel in this business. I was born to be something special inside the world of wrestling. But more importantly than all of that. My grandmother is the woman that showed me what wrestling is, she was the woman that told me I could be anything I wanted to be in life, and she’s the one that believed in me when I started this dream. That woman is no longer physically with me, but I know she’s looking over me and at Violent Conduct, I’m going to do everything I can to make her proud. That starts with lifting the Bombshell Internet Championship above my head in victory.

The focus was still very much her eyes. They remained narrow, but at the same time they appeared to have so much life in them. So much fire behind them. Aleesha found herself taking a couple of steps forwards towards the recording cameras. Addressing her opponent one last time.

Oh, that’s right. I mentioned that this was my dream. And you’ve been notorious in calling yourself the Dream Killer. Almost seems like I’m setting myself up to be let down. Wouldn’t you agree with Kayla? Of course you would. But let me just leave you with these words sugar. This is my dream but you’re not going to kill it. No, you’re not even going to get closed. Because in reality, yes, this is my dream. You’re about to find yourself living in a... NIGHTMARE!

Those words were haunting and mysterious, yet at the same time seemed to be driving the point home. Aleesha was a woman that was on a mission. She believed in herself. She had something to prove. And right within her fingertips was the biggest opportunity she’s ever had. Her career in SCW so far had been a struggle as far as getting opportunities went. Therefore this might’ve been the only opportunity she’ll ever get. That’s why she had to make the most of it. Losing wasn’t an option. Failing wasn’t an option. Coming home empty handed wasn’t an option. It was go big or go home.

Offline Aleesha Jones

• View Profile
“ BE F*CKIN’ UNAPOLOGETICALLY YOU! ”
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 07:37:29 PM »

Aleesha laid there on her back and looked up at the ceiling of her hotel room. The first week everyone was in town wasn’t nearly as stressful as this week was going to be. So much was lined up for her by the company and even by her own doing. The goal was to get as many people as they could to the building and make sure Violent Conduct was a sold out event. As busy as she was going to be, the nerves of this week were starting to set in. Her first supercard, her first championship opportunity, and her first real big moment. Was she ready for it? Didn’t matter, it was going to be here before she knew it.

All of the sudden her concentration was broken when she felt her phone vibrating on the bedside table. Quickly, she rolled over and gripped her phone. The name across the screen read “Future Wifey :3”. Aleesha had a smile across her lips as she slid her thumb across the phone to unlock it and answer at the same time bringing the phone up to her ear.

ALEESHA: Hey you! I was wondering when you were going to call?

FABLE: Oh you were?

ALEESHA: Course, I haven’t heard from you in like fourteen hours. I was beginning to wonder if everything was alright.

FABLE: Well, everything was alright. Until the MyLocation on your phone stopped working.

ALEESHA: MyLocation? What does that have to do with anything?

FABLE: Oh you know it would have saved me two hours of looking at every other hotel in the city that you weren’t at.

No sooner than those words left her lips. There was a firm knock at her hotel door. The look of confusion on her face was very telling. She put her phone down on the bed and pushed herself up quickly. Rushing to the door to unlock it and open it. As she was doing so Fable was just hanging up the phone. Aleesha’s smile had grown ten times more. She squealed in excitement.

ALEESHA: Oh my god! What are you doing here?!

She stepped forward wrapping her arms around her girlfriend. A warm embrace, as she placed a soft kiss on her lips. Once she was able to control herself. She unwrapped her arms around the blonde and invited Fable inside. Clearly she followed.

FABLE: What do you mean what am I doing here?

ALEESHA: You had a show and then you had your kids to get back to. Isn’t like school about to start or something here soon?

FABLE: Silly girl. You’ve got a lot to learn about three year olds. All day school for them isn’t for another two years.

There was a small chuckle coming from Fable. Aleesha kind of rolled her eyes a little bit. She could be mocked. It didn’t bother her. It was true, she didn’t know anything about children.

FABLE: And I handled my business with all my prior engagements with wrestling. Now, it’s my turn to watch you handle your business.

ALEESHA: You know you didn’t have to come all the way to Mexico. I’m sure everything would’ve been online in a matter of minutes. With how today's technology works.

FABLE: That’s beside the point Aleesha. I’m not going to miss out on the biggest moment of your young career and maybe one of the biggest moments of your life. What kind of girlfriend would I be?

ALEESHA: Just a really busy one?

There was a slight shrug in her shoulders.

ALEESHA: Please, don’t think I’m not excited or thrilled that you’re here. I just kind of assumed. I’d be dealing with this on my own. I already put pressure on myself. Now that you’re here. It’s even more pressure. I don’t want you to come all the way out here just to watch me lose.

FABLE: First of all there will be none of that talk.

ALEESHA: But...

FABLE: But nothing, I said there will be none of that talk and I meant what I said.

She held her ground. Both arms folding across her chest. Giving Aleesha a little bit of a stink eye for a brief moment.

ALEESHA: Yes ma’am.

FABLE: Good, now that we’re going to think positively going forward. Let me say this. You don’t need to be putting all this pressure on yourself. Just go out there and do your thing. Let it come to you. But, really don’t put pressure on yourself because I’m here. It doesn't matter. Not with something like this.

ALEESHA: I mean I wouldn’t go as far as saying that it doesn’t matter or that you don’t matter. You kind of do, especially considering you came all the way out to support me. I want to make it worth your while.

FABLE: You are worth my while. You as a person. It isn’t based on some match or anything like that. You should know better than that at this point. And I’m out here to support you win, lose, or draw. Doesn’t matter. You’re still an amazing wrestler, a champion in my eyes, and an even better woman.

ALEESHA: Maybe one day I’ll feel that way, haha.

FABLE: Do I need to repeat myself?

ALEESHA: ... Nope.

Shaking her head from side to side. Not really wanting to deal with the disagreement that was going to come. For a woman like Fable who played the role of a bad girl quite often in wrestling. She truly was all about being positive and making the most out of things. She was making sure to rub that off on Aleesha whenever she could.

ALEESHA: Honestly, I truly appreciate from the bottom of my heart for you coming all the way out for this. It’s completely unexpected but it means the world to me. I guess, I’m just a little more stressed out than I should be. It really began to set in that this match was going to be happening this week. It’s all I’ve thought about and I’ve got so much stuff still to do. Lots of media and all that jazz.

FABLE: Not the most fun stuff in the world to deal with, but it is sadly part of the job. And of course anytime you get closer to a match happening. The more it weighs on your mind. The more it becomes an obsession. You just gotta find a healthy way to ignore that and just stay focused on putting your best foot forward.

ALEESHA: One of these days. I’ll learn to make sure this happens and I won’t have to have these little moments of self doubt. But I got a feeling I’m a long way away from making that a reality.

FABLE: Maybe so, but now that I’m in town. We’re going to put all this wrestling stuff on the back burner. All this extra work you got to do on the back burner. We’re both going to get dolled up and then go find the best joint in town. Eat our weight in the most authentic food we can find.

ALEESHA: I mean I appreciate what you’re trying to do but I still gotta focus on the match somewhere. I can’t go into that match a hundred pounds heavier!

She stood there letting a little chuckle leave her lips.

ALEESHA: All for a little bit of relaxation time. Some time to decompress but, can’t be going into this thing completely out of shape.

FABLE: And just so you know... I won’t be taking no for an answer.  So, you’re either with me or you’re against me. Make the choice now.

ALEESHA: Wow, you’re really playing hard-ball here. But fine, I’ll go out and have a few drinks. Just keep in mind. I’ve got to be up early tomorrow for media stuff.

FABLE: Sounds a whole lot like a you problem and not a me problem.

There was a bit of a smirk spread across the blonde’s lips at that moment. Clearly, having some fun at Aleesha’s expense. Little did the North Carolina realize at this moment. Fable coming to town and being able to blow off some steam was going to be just what she needed. This might have been the biggest week of her entire wrestling career, but you needed that equal balance between wrestling and life to be able to succeed in all lights.

Bright and early. Like super bright and early. Aleesha, who was far from a morning person, dragged herself out of bed. Put on her best dress she had packed, did her makeup to the best of her ability while being half awake, and got herself to her scheduled appearance. Today, she was partaking in a news station broadcast as a promotional ad for SCW’s Violent Conduct that was on Sunday. Kind of a nerve racking thing. She didn’t do this kind of stuff for weekly shows. But this felt like a big deal. A lot was being placed on her shoulders seeing as she was part of a huge match.

As nervous as she was, she was going to make the most of it. Sitting right there in front of two news anchors. She was watching the man in the corner counting them back to being onair. Once they got the green light the female broadcast partner spoke up.

MICHELLE ALVAREZ: iBuenos días! Bienvenidos de nuevo a nuestra emisión. Soy Michelle Alvrez.

RAFAEL NIEVES: ¡Y yo soy Rafael Nieves! ¡Hoy nos acompaña la estrella de Sin City Wrestling Aleesha Jones! ¡La entrevistamos sobre Conducta Violenta!

Part of Aleesha was feeling some extreme anxiety. She knew some basic Spanish, but not enough for her to be able to communicate for a whole interview. Last thing she wanted was to make the company look bad or even worse offend someone but soon that anxiety was put to rest as the male counter part of the show turned to her.

RAFAEL NIEVES: My english is not great, but Ms. Aleesha. How are you?

ALEESHA: Oh? Me? I’m fine! Cooler than the other side of the pillow. Happy to be here. Glad that you guys were willing to have me on.

RAFAEL NIEVES: Fantastic! First question. How do you become a wrestler? Or to our culture, a luchador?

ALEESHA: That’s such a long story, haha. But I’ll try to make it as short as possible. I grew up a big fan of wrestling. Major fan. Watched all the weekly shows. Stayed up past my bedtime to be able to see the main events. I don’t know what it was, but it just captivated me. I went on about my life and eventually when I was about nineteen. I was living in the states in Seattle, Washington. Had no real job or direction to life if I’m being honest here. So, I was like well... maybe this is something I’d be good at. I signed up to a school and the rest is history as they would say.

MICHELLE ALVAREZ: ¿No te entrenó el también luchador Calvin Harris?

Aleesha was able to pick up some basic phrases out of that question. The name being the most common, she had turned to the female of the broadcast to look at her with the same respect as her counter part and smiled.

ALEESHA: Yes. My trainer was Calvin Harris. To be honest, it isn’t something I like to go into detail about. Now it’s nothing about the school or him. He runs an amazing school and he gave me all the tools to succeed, but the thing is I didn’t want that to be a focus. Because once information like that is out and about. It’s the thing people latch onto. Things get said that aren’t true. Rumors are started. All kinds of things. And the biggest thing for me is I didn’t want people out saying that the only reason I got my foot in the door was because of Calvin.

After all, we have too many people on our roster now that got their foot in the door because of former stars and legends. That being facts. But that isn’t a fact for me. I worked hard to get my try out. I made the most of it and I was offered a contract. It has nothing and will never have anything to do with where I trained or who trained me. One way or another, I’ll do everything to shake that narrative anytime it may come up. Because this is all because of what I’ve done to get myself here.

RAFAEL NIEVES: SCW toured here many times. How has the tour been for you?

ALEESHA: Wow, this tour has been something special. Honestly, I did a lot of traveling when I was younger and trying to find my way in life. But that was just bouncing around from state to state in America. But I’ve always deep down had the goals to see the world. Since becoming a member of the roster. I’ve gotten to take part of the Princess Cruise Ship for Summer XXXTreme.

That was super cool, even though I wasn’t part of the event. And then I got to visit Peru a few weeks ago. Then of course I’n here in Mexico. Obviously for the first time. It’s been a blast. The culture is amazing. The people are polite. The food is to die for. I’m really going to have a hard time going home when the time comes. But you know they say all good things come to an end eventually.

MICHELLE ALVAREZ: Háblenos de Conducta violenta.

RAFAEL NIEVES: Ah yes! Please tell us about Violent Conduct. Taking place in Yucatán, México!

ALEESHA: Well to be honest with you folks. Where do I start?!

She let a small chuckle escape her lips.

ALEESHA: This is my first time being part of the event, but in the company’s history. It’s the ninth Violent Conduct to take place. Pretty impressive to be going this long ya know. And from what I’ve been told it literally lives up to its name. One of the most violent super events of the year. Just this year alone. We’re getting a Barbed Wire Steel Cage match. We’re getting a Dog Collar match. Two ladder matches. And a handful of Roulette Rules matches where any stipulation could be decided. So who knows how those will go. I’m very fortunate enough to not be taking part in a match like that.

MICHELLE ALVAREZ: ¡¿Te enfrentas a Kayla Richards, sí?!

ALEESHA: Kayla? Yeah, that’s my opponent for this Sunday at Violent Conduct. Our reigning Bombshell Internet Champion.

RAFAEL NIEVES: How did this match come about?

ALEESHA: In quite possibly maybe one of the strangest ways possible. Several weeks ago Kayla defeated another member of our roster, Ariana Angelos. In picking up that win, she earned the right to name who she would defend the championship at Violent Conduct. Not really my business, and I didn't like keeping tabs on the situation. Then the night Kayla made her decision. She name dropped me. And that was was a shock in itself obviously. So that’s how the match came about. But, I been trying to tell Kayla. Just because you got to name your opponent doesn’t mean it’s going to be a win for you in the end.

RAFAEL NIEVES: Oh is there drama amongst you?

ALEESHA: I mean I personally wouldn’t say there’s any drama. No beef. No juicy story to tell on my end. Now as far as she’s concerned. Maybe she’s got some drama and some beef with me. I don’t know. I’m a very vocal woman. I can shoot off at the mouth and get myself in trouble from time to time. At the end of the day, I’m not clueless. I’m not going to set out to feed into Kayla’s ego like she wants. But I know what I am getting myself into.

Kayla is a three time Bombshell Internet Champion. She’s been around this company for a good little bit. She’s found her groove so to speak. Meanwhile I’m still finding mine. But that doesn’t mean I’m any less than she is. Nor does it mean that my chances at winning are significantly lower. That’s the story she's going to try and tell. But do what you gotta do to make yourself feel good. But to me, all it means is... I’m still coming into my own and I got a chance to shock the world on Sunday.

MICHELLE ALVAREZ: ¿Algún comentario final para nuestra audiencia?

RAFAEL NIEVES: Our audience would love to hear it.

For a moment she sat there in silence. Trying to piece together what she was going to say. But being on live television she didn’t have a lot of time. Going with the first thing that came to mind.

ALEESHA: I guess the last thing I can say is that I would love it if anyone watching at home could make it to Violent Conduct. The more fans that are in the building. The more voices that are heard. The more fun everyone has and more of a reason for Sin City Wrestling to make sure they come back to places like Mexico for their tours. To me the thought of standing in the middle of the ring with my very-first championship potentially raised high above my head while I’m being cheered on, it’s the type of stuff that people only can dream of. For it to be a reality, that will be a moment that lives with me forever. And it’s something I truly look forward to.

RAFAEL NIEVES: Bueno, ¡gracias Aleesha!

MICHELLE ALVAREZ: No se pierda nuestro próximo segmento. Vamos a repasar el tiempo para esta semana, damas y caballeros.

The little blinking light went off to reveal the show went to a break. Aleesha stood herself up and reached across to shake both hands of the broadcast team members. Before taking her chance to walk off. Those butterflies were still in her stomach. But as much as this was out of her comfort zone and something that made her nervous, it was something she was going to have to get used to. Because her goal was to become a champion for the first time. This was something that would be expected of her going forward as one of the faces of the company.

All week long, there had been so much for Aleesha to be involved in. From press conferences to interviews to meet and greets. Even taking part in a little bit of community service to give back to the less fortunate in the country. She had been a very busy woman. And now she found herself just under twelve hours away from competing at Violent Conduct. The scenery was set as the camera crew on hand was right there on a beach. The background was beautiful with the sun starting to set.  Stepping into the view at that moment in a tiny fitted black dress was the bombshell herself. Aleesha clapping her hands together while looking forward.

Well done. Well done baby girl.

Aleesha continued to stand there for a couple of seconds clapping her hands together. It was clearly being done in a sarcastic manner. Before finally her clapping came to a stop. Folding her arms under her chest and let those eyes of hers zero in on the camera a little more.

Kayla, you exposed yourself in a matter of seconds. As soon as your mouth opened and you began to fly off at it with that little promo of yours. You exposed yourself. In fact you pretty much confirmed everything I had said about you. And it’s funny, because at first. I questioned if I was right. I questioned whether or not I was judging you too harshly. You wanted to tweet out about “this is why you didn’t give people” respect. That caught my eye.

Then you had some somewhat kind words to say about me. In regards to how well I was doing and how I carried myself. Seemed to acknowledge that I was putting my best foot forward every single time I stepped into the ring. Gave me praise on the wins that I was getting. You know the ones everyone else ignored. Further making me question myself and question my approach. Then within the blink of an eye. You reminded me why I thought the way I did to begin with. Truth be told, I'm not surprised...

The tone of her voice kind of said all it needed to while she shook her head about.

And the reason you exposed yourself isn’t so much because you wanted to do so. However, it had everything to do with the fact that your ego can’t handle taking a hit. What do I mean by that? Is that the question running through your head right now, Kayla? I’m sure it is. Allow me to further explain. By that I mean that your ego can’t handle negative things being said about you. Your ego can’t handle being made to look bad. You can’t handle it when someone doesn’t worship the ground you walk on. Kayla, your ego simply is far too fragile for the business. Hell, it’s too fragile for life itself.

Letting a smirk spread across her lips. Aleesha seemed to be enjoying the little shade she was throwing towards her opponent.

It’s clear that you’re big mad that I didn’t literally grovel at your feet because you gave me a shot at your championship. It’s clear that you didn’t like me telling the truth as far as you giving me a shot wasn’t about respect, but more so about you thinking it would be an easy night at the office. You aren’t happy with the fact that I’m not exactly thrilled with being in the ring with you. Sure, you might be a challenge. You might be good in your own right. But you’re not great. You’re not legendary. You’re not revolutionary. You’re not the ideal woman I would name to be in the ring with. I’d much rather share the ring with Samantha Marlowe again.

Or take my chances of getting into the ring with Roxi Johnson, Tempest, Courtney Pierce or even hell as much as I don’t like the cunt. I’d have more fun whooping Eiley’s ass a second time around. Those women I mention have at least changed the game in some capacity or are on the way to change the game. You on the other hand Kayla are just the run of the mill chick. You are just here. Just another name on the roster. But your ego tells you that you’re more than what you are and therefore causes these temper tantrums when you don’t get what you want. Causes these little ego flare ups of yours to take place. Painting you in quite the negative light might I add.

Aleesha shrugged her shoulders with that statement.

In that little promo if you want to call it that, Kayla. You had a lot to say. A lot more than I expected you to say. And as much as you exposed yourself to me. There were some other things that stood out. Because I listened to it all. I am someone that pays attention to everything going on around me. As well as what’s going on around the people I find myself getting in the ring with.  So, I didn’t catch on to just the obvious. I caught onto the not so obvious.

For example, you want to point out that if it wasn’t for you. I wouldn’t be on the supercard. And to your credit. You’re likely right. Like seventy five percent right. As no one truly knows what the future holds, but chances are you were right. But couldn’t the same be said about me? Like what if I would’ve said no? What if I would’ve just said: You know what? I got no interest in facing her. Got no interest in the title shot she’s trying to give me. I don’t see any benefit to being in the ring with her.

If I would’ve said no. There’s a chance you might not have been on the supercard. There’s a chance you might not have had the time to name another opponent. There’s a chance you’d be sitting at home like a couple of others. But then again sitting at home happens more often than not for you doesn’t it? It isn’t like you’re on every supercard. You want to try and carry yourself like you’re a bonafide superstar, but most of the time you’re either at home or sitting in catering.

Kind of stings when you hear that doesn’t it, Kayla? Maybe, you should really live by the quote: Those who live in glass houses, shouldn’t be throwing stones. Because when you do that, someone is going to launch their own stone. Your house is going to shatter into a million pieces. Your entire foundation is going to come crumbling down and you’ll be useless. But then again, you’re going to discover that soon enough when I shatter that ego of yours.

One thing that Aleesha didn’t seem to lack for being a newcomer in the company. As well as a newcomer in wrestling was confidence. She very much believed in herself. Didn’t matter if anyone else did or not. Something that could be a blessing and a curse at the same time.

But you know something Kayla. There is just one little thing that’s been bothering me since I’ve heard everything you’ve had to say about me. There is just one question that I’ve wanted to ask you. What was the point? What was the point in exposing yourself to me?

There was a slight raise in her eyebrow.

Wouldn’t it have worked better in your favor to really lay it on thick? I mean really play into how much you respected me, how much you valued me as talent, and how much you really thought I was something special. Feed my ego to make me feel like I was wrong, like I had misjudged you, and so that I would let my guard down. That way when the moment was right. When you had me in the ring at Violent Conduct. You could strike with a viciousness and put me down. Hurt me physically, but also hurt me in a pride aspect. All while making sure that you retained that Bombshell Internet Championship. And yeah, I am woman enough to admit that if you had stuck to that role.

I would have bit and I would have played myself. It wouldn’t be enough for me to overcome and I would’ve without a shadow of a doubt left Violent Conduct without the gold. But like I said you exposed yourself to me. As far as I’m concerned you showed your hand too early. And because of that, you’ve put yourself in a very bad position. You backed yourself into a corner. You put your own back against the wall. You stacked the odds against yourself. And your ego has you so damn fooled that you won’t notice it. Nor are you going to listen to anything I said. It’s all going in one ear and out the other, but that’s fine. It’s truly fine because it benefits me just that much more.

Once again that smirk of hers was returning. Yet this time it almost felt like it was because she knew something that others didn’t. Almost like she had a leg up or sorts.

The reason it’s going to benefit me is because it circles back around to something you asked me. I believe the question was exactly. I can beat you, but will I? That is the ultimate question. Well, if I beat Eiley who was considered the next Great Bombshell of this division. Someone that everyone is behind. What makes you think I won’t beat you? Someone that’s just on the roster. Nothing truly special stands out about you. If I beat Ariana Angelos, someone that’s a former champion.

As well as someone that everyone seems to adore. People see so many great things in them. What makes you think I won’t beat you when you’re the current champion? And when so many people see mediocre things out of you? If I beat Samantha Marlowe? A certified legend amongst these Halls and someone that is in the Hall of Fame. What makes you think I won’t beat you? Someone that’s not even close to being considered a legend and someone that will never ever be in the SCW Hall of Fame!

Point of what I am getting at here Kayla. You say that you’ve seen what I’ve done. You respect what I’ve done. But at the same time, you’re not listening when I tell you. I’m taking that championship home. I’m laying your ass out. I’m showing that even you as big as your ego might be is no match for me. I’m white hot right now. Got all the momentum in the world on my side. And the last thing I’m going to do is let some basic broad try to derail all of that for me. In order to satisfy her own ego. Just isn’t happening.

Aleesha’s mindset truly seemed to be locked in. It was being said with every word that came out of her mouth.

Oh and one last thing Kayla. Since it’s something you felt the need to comment on. I didn’t call myself the baddest bitch of the Bombshell division. Just for the sake of having a cool little nickname or a cool little gimmick. I said what I said because I believe that I am. I’m truly that bitch. But apparently you’ve taken offense to that. Because you’re taking claim to that moniker. Well then make sure you prove it. Being the baddest bitch like I said isn’t for clout or anything like that. It’s a state of mind. It’s an emergency. So don’t just say it, be it.

That’s when she found herself taking a couple steps forward. Finding herself getting up real close and personal with the recording camera.

Cause I know when I show tomorrow night, I’m meeting you with all that energy and if you aint ready baby girl. You’re getting mollywhopped from one side of the ring to the other with ease!

Beaming from ear to ear with that final statement. Aleesha gave the cameras a little wink before finding herself walking out of the view. The stage had been set. Both ladies had done their job. Fulfilled their obligations. Said what they felt needed to be said and sold their match to the fans that would pay to see it. Now it was going to be a matter of which one of them would make-promise on their word and leave with not only their hand raised in victory but the Bombshell Internet Championship around their waist.

BE F*CKIN’ UNAPOLOGETICALLY YOU!

Diary Entry #5
August 27th, 2023

I’m sitting backstage right now...

My first supercard ever. My first championship opportunity ever set to take place in just over an hour and half. The emotions I’m going through right now and the ones I’ve gone through all week are insane. One moment, I feel like I’m on top of the world. The next moment I don’t feel like I deserve this opportunity. Then I feel like this is long overdue. And then I question if I can get the job done. Again, I’m literally all over the place and if I’m all over the place now. I could only imagine that I’m going to be all over the place out there in the ring tonight. I can just hope and pray, it’s not something that cost me in the end.

But the more and more I think about this past week. I’m proud of what I have been able to accomplish. At one point I was a young girl that had no direction in life. Someone that didn’t know where her next meal was going to come from. Someone that had gone through mental and emotional abuse from  previous partners. My family had shunned me away. I was alone in the world and about as confused as I could get. But then wrestling changed everything for me and it led me to this moment tonight. And I did it by being me. Hell, I did it by being fucking unapologetically me!

Had I not taken a leap to be a wrestler. Had I not been putting in the work, defeating every woman that was put in front of me, and showing that I belonged in SCW. Had I not been opening my mouth, speaking my truth, and calling things out how I saw them. Had, I not been unapologetically me. Then none of this would be happening. And now that I see that. Now that it all clicks in my head. I am going to be at peace with how my night ends up. Yes, I want to shut Kayla and her big mouth up. It would be such an amazing feeling to be able to do that.

Being able to stand out there and give the people a feel good moment. Give them a reason to get out of their seats and cheer, scream, shout, and express their joys is a second to none feeling. And yes, being a champion for the first time in my career would be the icing on the cake. Quite literally I can feel the goosebumps on my flesh right now as I think about it. But that being said if tonight isn’t the night that happens. Then I’m okay with it. Because I know the night is coming and I know that being me has gotten me this far. So continuing to be me will get me further and get better opportunities.

That’s my message to every little girl I meet going forward: “Be Fucking Unapologeticall You” and reach for the stars... It’s showtime!

xoxo
ALEESHA

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Re: KAYLA RICHARDS (c) v ALEESHA JONES - Internet Championship
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 07:10:45 AM »
Chapter 24: Search

I’d never had to do this before. Apartment hunting. I’ve travelled the world, won championships. Built up savings and a portfolio most would dream of. But buying and maintaining my own property?

That was new to me. Foreign. Different

Even…scary.

But, I had to do it. There was no way around it now. I had to commit to an area. Settle down and call it home. My home. Not one I was sharing with others. Whether it was a family member like Amber or Tasmin, or a former lover like Matt Shields or Billy Danielson….they were gone. And now I was alone.

It was a weird feeling. But atleast I had Tasmin with me. Looking over these places. Stopping me from just taking one that didn’t fit me. I had to admit, it was nice. And a bonding experience.

The downside? He nagging questions. Probing me for how I felt. After breaking down in front of her not once but twice I was done with that. Done showing my weaknesses and feelings. I didn’t want this anymore. I wanted to go back to the old Kayla

”This is beautiful… She was right, not was a lovely apartment. A little too sunny and bright for my taste. But it was large, spacious and I could do a lot with it. It was even in my price range. I have a small nod and smiled disamissively. Tasmin turned and looked out of the window. We were 18 floors up and it was the usual city skyline you’d see in New York. ”What? What’s wrong with this one?”

I shrugged and shook my head, my arms folded over my chest ”Nothing…”

”Uh huh. Bullshit Kay…”

There wasn’t anything “wrong” with it. It was a beautiful apartment. But that was the problem. It reminded me of him. A large spacious apartment with a beautiful view. It wasn’t like the suite he owned that I called home for a time. But it was close enough that I could feel it. The absence of family. And I hated it. I hated that it made me feel this way. ”Its nice. It is. I just hate doing this.”

She heard the sadness in my voice. The frustration and anger. I tried to hide it. I tried to push it down. But the tone was there. And Tasmin knew me well enough to recognise it, but not well enough to know when to leave it alone. ”I get it. You don’t like change, especially change that isn’t your fault. But it’s time for you to settle down and have roots in a place. No more moving around and having no responsibilities…”

”No responsibilities My eye twitched. That pissed me off. Who the fuck did Tasmin think she was?

She shook her head, stepping back with her hands up. ”You know what I meant. You have been moving around never really settling down. You lived with Amber, then Matt, then Billy….then…. she trailed off for a moment not wanting to mention his name. ”You’ve never owned a place of your own. Never settled in an area and got to know it. The people around you…the community.”

[color=violet”What makes you think I’d give a shit about the community around me?”[/color] I spat my words with as much venom as I could. It was never about that for me. And I thought she’d know that.”I had people around me. Like minded ones. That was a community. But I never fit Tas, and I don’t give a shit about that now.”

She looked down, shaking her head and taking a deep breath, trying to hold back her own frustration with me. I scoffed and shook my head. ”So what do you give a shit about? Hmm? The last few weeks have been nothing but miserable for you.” She paused, waiting for a reaction. She was right of course. I had been miserable. But I wasn’t going to admit it. ”You sit in our guest room, watching bad youtube videos or listening to music, then you go off to SCW, you perform, then come back and repeat. You’re like a ghost, drifting through life.”

I sneered and took a deep breath, calming myself before replying. ”So, what should I do? Buy this apartment? Do it here instead just so you don’t have to see your moody, pathetic, depressed older sister?” I stepped forward. ”Is that was it is? That you don’t want to see it all?” I looked deep in my little sisters eyes. She swallowed hard and stayed silent for the moment. I tutted, backing up and throwing my hands in the air. ”You want me out of your house? Fine. I’ll make the call..I’ll buy this place. Then I won’t be your problem anymore.”

I turned away from her. Tasmin stepped forward and reached out, grabbing my arm. I didn’t pull away. ”I didn’t say that did I?” She paused, I stayed silent. ”You know I’ll always be there for you. Adam and I will always have your back and you’ll have a place to stay. I just want you to have your own life…to get out of this….funk.” I looked down, swallowing, Tasmin squeezed my arm. ”Maybe you should go talk to him…”

I ground my teeth together. ”No.”

She knew I was angry, frustrated and now boiling over. But she also knows how I am when pushed. ”Why? Dickie sai-”

I turned right into Tasmins face, growling as I did. ”I don’t give a fuck what Dickie said.” She blinked a few times, I paced back and forth running a hand through my hair. ”Do you know how much it took out of me? To walk away? To leave everything I had grown to be comfortable with and the man I…..” I stopped mid sentence. My nostrils flared and Tasmin leaned in, almost pressing me to keep going but not saying anything. ”cared very deeply for…”

Her shoulders dropped, Tasmin shook her head, disappointed in me. ”You can’t even be honest with yourself can you?” She folded her arms over her chest, sighing heavily with a shrug. ”Dickie was right…you’re both fucking stupid and as bad as each other.” She breezed past me, my jaw dropped, for a moment it didn’t even register what she said, or the implications of it.

I blinked and turned as Tasmin made for the door ”What did you mean by that?....Tasmin?...TAS?!”

But she was ignoring me, moving out the door and toward the elevator. I was angry, frustrated, sad and annoyed. But also now I was curious. But what the hell was I meant to say? What was I meant to do? This was just another chapter in my shitty life. But, atleast I still had my job, my title…my life.

Overestimation

”Disappointment hits hard.”

It’s the middle of the night, a few days out from Violent conduct. And Kayla Richards is sitting on the old stone overlooking the Chichen Itza Grand Ball court, sight of the show.

”If anyone knows something about disappointment, it’s me. Not just in the professional wrestling business spot in my personal life to. I lived in my older sister’s shadow for the longest time and then had to live in the shadow of my different relationships. No matter what I did, no matter how many championships I won, I was still under the thumb of someone else. But now, in this company, I have forged my own path and have been damn near unbeatable. I also have taken the step of trying to avenge any loss that I have suffered. I did it with Melissa, and I did it with Keira.”

“And I have never taken the easy way. Everything I have ever done has always been my way because I’ve wanted it to be. The fact is that everyone in this company is looking out for themselves and nobody wants to admit when they are wrong. And believe me, I completely understand it. Most of you do anything to get championship matches, big, plead, screw someone else over. The only difference between most of you and me? Is that I admit it.”

“From day, one I said that I would sell out anyone, I would cheat, I would take every single rule that they put in front of me and break it all toward one goal. Making sure I could call myself the best and be a champion.”

“For 132 days, as of today, I have held this Internet championship in my third reign. Most people struggle to have one championship reign under their belt, but I’ve had three separate ones with this one championship in this company. I have done everything I can to make sure that it is a prize worth holding. Other people believe that a championship will make who they are, but it’s who they are that makes the championship. Anyone can get lucky on one night and win a title, but making it a championship making it worth something? That is a completely different mindset and it’s one that very few people can get into.”

Kayla looks down from the stone wall, down onto the ground where the ring will be set up. A small smile on her lips as the full moon illuminated the area.

”My main question, and also my main worry when it comes to my upcoming match, isn’t really if I’m going to win or lose. If I lose then I just hope it is to someone who is going to respect the legacy of this championship and take it even further. And if I win? Then I get to keep going and break more records. And going into this match, when I first chose my opponent, I was confident that if she was able to beat me that my legacy would remain intact, and she would do everything possible to defend the championship the same way I haven’t make the championship mean just as much.”

“You see Aleesha, in this business, legacy is everything.”

“I Might be remembered as a sneaky, cheating, brutal bitch, but I will be remembered. People will look in the record books and see my name and see how long I held onto various championships in different companies, they will see what I have been able to accomplish, and they will know that I was one of the greatest ever to lace up a pair of boots and get into that ring. But what will you be remembered as? What will you do?”

“Ask yourself that Aleesha.”

Kayla rolls her eyes and chuckles before looking fown at the Internet championship sitting next to her.

”I can’t lie. I was expecting something more from you. But after hearing what you said on climax control, and then hearing what you said last week, the first time you decided to open your mouth and promotion for this match, I have to ask? Why did you repeat yourself? Why do you keep trying to push this narrative that I don’t take you seriously? I honestly didn’t believe you were this stupid. I thought you were smart, I thought you were going to be a great challenge. But now I can see that maybe I was wrong.”

“You have to understand, I hate being wrong. Because it very rarely happens. But you, right now, I’m making it look like I am wrong. Because of your attitude. I have handed you a championship match because I wanted challenge. I was serious about that, I’ve been serious about that since day one. You look back at what happened when it came to my match with Melissa. I wanted to face her one on one because she took me to the limit and we had a draw. She held wins over me before. So I wanted that challenge. And the fact that you are now standing there, saying things to the contrary, is shitting all over what she was able to do.”

“And why?”

“Why do you continue with this? All it does is make you look like an idiot, and it makes me look like I’ve underestimated you. Is that what it is? Do you revel in playing the underdog? Maybe that’s what it is. When someone gives you the respect that you have earned, and you deserve after you’ve won so many matches, you have no idea how to react. You are so used to people telling you that you aren’t worthy of it, you are so used to people telling you that you aren’t good enough that when someone comes along admits you are a challenge, and that you have talent, you can’t help it be a contrarians because you legitimately have nothing else.”

She hakes her head and grips the internet title in her hand pulling it onto her lap. Tracing the nameplate with her thumb.

”You  need something more. You need real heart and real belief to beat me. I’m not going to underestimate you, I’m not stupid enough to. When I sit there and show you respect it is because I respect you. I don’t like you, I don’t think you are particularly bright, and I think that I’m better than you. But I also know that in this match you are going to come at me with everything that you have tried to take this championship from me. And that is what I need. That is what I crave. That is why I didn’t pick someone like Ariana.”

“If I really wanted a easy match, I would’ve just chosen her. But I did everything I could so that she wouldn’t get a championship match. I beat her, not just physically, but also mentally and emotionally. I broke her so that she wouldn’t come after me, so I wouldn’t have to defend my championship against her again. I could’ve chosen any of the other names on the SCW roster who weren’t doing anything I’ve already beaten or I know I could beat. There is a whole list of them. But I didn’t choose them, I chose you. I chose someone who is undefeated, I chose someone who thinks that they deserve more. And now that I’ve given you the chance to prove that, you want to sit there and tell the world that I underestimate you? That I think I can beat you and that I think I’m gonna have an easy night?”

“Bitch are you really that stupid?”

“Or should I ask, do you think I’m that stupid? Do you think that I’m really that dumb? That I would underestimate an opponent like you? Do you see where all of this stupidity you’ve been spewing gets you? You act as if I am underestimating you, but think that I’m sneaky enough and smart enough to manipulate you in someway? You’re overthinking it. You need to realise that this entire thing is Waze simpler than you are making it out to be. So let me dumb it down for you since you seem to be struggling with it.”

Kayla pushes up, standing on top of the stone wall overlooking the field.

”I am a champion. Someone who has set records. Someone who has beaten women who are in or going into the Sin City wrestling hall of fame. I am looking for a challenge and I have chosen you. Because you are undefeated. I think you could beat me, you have a better chance than a lot of other women on this roster. Do I want to lose? Do I want my rain to end? No of course I don’t. I want to keep being the champion for as long as I can, but the title will be nothing. If I keep on having to kick the crap out of soup cans like the Barnhart and Ariana Angelos. I need my legacy to me more. Now, will I cheat in the match with you, if given the chance?”

“Of fucking course I will”

“But, am I aware it might not be enough? And that you could walk out of the SuperCard with the Internet championship? Yes of course I am. I’m aware of it and I’m going to do everything in my power to beat you. Everything. As long as you shut your mouth, and bring all the skills and talent that you seem to think you have, you have a chance. But if you keep going into this thinking that I underestimate you and you think you can capitalize on that because I’m like everyone else who faced? You are in for a rude awakening. And I will leave violent conduct as the Internet champion. And you will go to the back of the line.”