Author Topic: Twenty-Nine Trips Around The Sun  (Read 2918 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Twenty-Nine Trips Around The Sun
« on: August 11, 2023, 11:53:07 PM »
Twenty-Nine Trips Around The Sun

Throw everything you have into it, especially when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

And what does that get you?

Drilling your stablemate through the commentary table, knocking you both out and busting up your own ribs, therefore taking you out of the ring for 3 weeks and doing God knows what to him, therefore only extending the hell that you have been putting yourselves through for a number of months.

ALSO!

Unsure of the damage you did to him because well Austin never shows his cards but considering they had to peel him up from the remnants of the table, the damage was done. And not one thing was solved.

So, what next?

A Little Mayhem

Christian Underwood, SCW’s answer for the devil's advocate, just had to be laughing his absolute arse off when he concocted this match.

And honestly, Miles should have seen it coming the minute he walked into Peru, to watch and cheer on Carter as he had the biggest match of his career against J2H, and immediately get yanked right into the trainers room.

Which, since what took place in Jordan, has become a regular situation for him but usually he has been allowed time to breathe before being poked at and asking where it hurts. In turn it made Miles only want to grab one of their little tools and poke them in a very sensitive spot and ask them where it fucking hurts.

Thankfully that was kept to just an inner thought.

But finally the words he longed to hear happened and written down on the sheet that he was to give to both Mark and Christian as soon as he left, *ALL CLEAR FOR COMPETITION BEGINNING NEXT WEEK*

FUCKING FINALLY!” is all that he let out the minute he got through the door to the hallway. He was pretty sure that a piece of paper wasn’t really needed after that to let everyone know he was finally cleared. Hell, he felt good to go as of last week so this was just paperwork at this point.

So now he just had to make it through this week, knowing he was a healthy scratch now, he needed to be there for Carter who was already a nervous wreck.

But even as the show ticked on, the hair on the back of his neck stood up, he knew that somewhere evil minds were at work.

Going into that go home show in Rio, it would be strange bedfellows indeed.

Someone’s Got A Birthday, I Wonder Who?

He was an absolutely impossible man to buy for. He knew that.

Miles was someone who loved to give and asked for absolutely nothing in return and that probably drove Carter insane the most.

And it wasn’t like they were able to take a week off to go jaunting off to Dollywood like Miles did for Carter’s birthday just a couple of months ago. This time around work called and they had to be in Rio de Janeiro. It also wasn’t like Miles was intentionally being difficult to give out ideas. Things that neither one had tried before that could be done around the area during the day of Miles’ big 29th birthday. Last year was perhaps the best one yet, after years of not really celebrating at all after he left home.

Though he doesn’t remember the majority of it, there is video footage out there somewhere ready for blackmail, he was sure of it.

But when Wednesday finally came around, Miles would open his eyes just like every other morning to find the other side of the bed surprisingly empty. Carter was NEVER up before he was, the majority of the time. Usually Miles was up about 2 hours earlier than now and already had a run and shower. Instead, the alarm was turned off, his phone was also missing along with the charger cable.

Babes?” Miles called out but no answer was given. He could hear moving around outside the bedroom though.

Now on any other given day, Miles would just saunter out sans clothes but something told him to at least throw a pair of shorts on, just in case Carter decided to have people out there waiting for a ‘too early for people’ Happy Birthday.

Outside the bedroom of the suite that they currently called home for the week, Carter was preparing a small dining room table that was full of pretty much all of Miles’ favorite breakfast foods. WAY too much for the both of them to eat even on Miles’ best day. He hadn’t heard the door open up behind him and Miles stepped out from the room and walked around looking slightly relieved that no one but them were there. Carter would stand up straight making sure that everything was perfect before he slightly jumped when Miles wrapped his arms around Carter’s midsection and pulled him close, giving a little peck on his shoulder and huskily saying, “It appears someone turned off the alarm and stole my phone from me this morning.

That brought a smirk to Carter’s face, before he turned around, “Well, it’s your birthday and you deserve to sleep in and be spoiled.

You’ve done enough spoiling on me for the last 3 weeks taking care of me. This?” Miles looks around and sees all the food that is spread out, “Are you trying to fatten me up?

Carter mock-scoffs at that and pushes him away jokingly, “Never!

Love, this looks like the spread at SCW’s catering. There is no way in hell we both can eat all of this, unless Ari and Francisco are gonna pop up this early, and if that’s the case I may have to make my coffee an Irish one.” Miles joked, grabbing a couple of cups and pouring some of the freshest coffee he’s ever smelled in his life. He would have to remember to send Bella a message about it later. But after fixing them both, he would bring one cup over to Carter who was still fussing about things, “Ok, you are seriously fussing over this! What’s the deal?

Carter sighs and takes the cup from Miles and trying to give an innocent look but you know he’s just biting at the bit about something, “Just wanting things to be perfect that’s all.

Like I said, there is more than enough food here....” A knock comes to the door and Miles groans.

Can you get that? I still have to warm up the muffins.

Fine, but I am not putting a shirt on even if it is those two. It’s my birthday! They’re lucky I don’t run around naked all damn day!” Miles says as he opens the door and finishing the sentence and then his eyes grow wide, “What in the-?

On the other side of the door stands Miles' mom, Mora and his twin sister, Brianna, who shouts out, “SURPRISE!!!”

Ho-ly shit!” as Miles sweeps them both up in a giant hug.

“Happy Birthday, my dear sweet boy!” Mora says, muffled in the arms of her son.

I cannot believe this!” he said letting them go and pulling them both inside the suite, “How? When?

“Carter, of course! He called a couple of weeks ago, flew us in.” Mora said motioning towards Carter who was peeking his head down the hall and waving with a giant smile on his face.

I told you he’d love it!” Carter said, “Miles let them in and sit! Breakfast is getting cold.

“It does smell terrific. Carter, please tell me you didn’t go all out for us?” Mora said.

I can tell you he did exactly that,” Miles said holding a chair out for his mom before doing the same for his sister, “He’s got two birthdays in the same room and after I spoiled his mum and grandmother, this is his way of getting back on that.

Prove it,” Carter said, sticking his tongue out at his boyfriend who gave him a look that he’d pay for that later.

I will say that this day is off to an amazing start. When was the last time we actually celebrated our birthdays together?” Miles said looking at Bri, “I wanna say we were like 14?

Brianna pours herself a cup of coffee and takes a sip, “Mmm, actually we were 13. It poured all day long so you had all my friends in the same place as all of your friends and it made for awkward conversation for a bunch of kids who just hit puberty.”

The cake was excellent though.” Miles said laughing and nodding towards his mother, “We may not have ever had a lot but that devils food cake with peanut butter icing was just...” he does the chefs kiss.

“I sadly couldn’t bring it with me...but, I did manage to get something for you from home.” Mora said, reaching into her oversized bag. She pulls out a small 6-pack of Krispy Kreme donuts.

And just like that, I have the best mum ever!

HEY! No spoiling what we got here,” Carter let out when he went to open the box, “Which reminds me, I gotta get those muffins.

Carter stood up to get that crossing behind Miles and touching his shoulder, which Miles stopped him with his hand on his, and brings him down for a quick kiss, “Best birthday ever.

Just wait until tonight. I’ve only just begun.

Later that night

The ambiance of the restaurant was lively, the sound of soft Brazilian music filling the air as candlelight flickered across the table. It was a perfect evening in Rio, and the gathering was intimate yet joyous. Miles, his twin sister Brianna, his mother Mora, along with Ari and Francisco and of course Carter were all gathered to celebrate their joint 29th birthday.

Laughter and chatter floated around the table as they savored their dinner. Stories were shared, memories revisited, and the love that bound them together was palpable. It was a moment of togetherness that Miles cherished deeply.

As the evening progressed, a warm smile played on Carter's lips. He shifted slightly in his seat, reaching into his pocket, his eyes locking onto Miles'. In that unspoken moment, Miles could feel a sense of anticipation building in the air.

Carter's gaze held his for a moment before he pulled out an elegant box from his pocket. His fingers grazed over the soft velvet exterior before he gently pushed the box toward Miles. "Happy birthday, Miles," he said softly, his voice carrying a hint of affection.

Miles looked at the box, his curiosity piqued. He met Carter's gaze again, his heart fluttering slightly as he reached for the box. There was a mixture of excitement and something more, something deeper that he couldn't quite put into words.

Opening the box revealed the gleam of polished steel and the glint of diamonds. His breath caught as he laid eyes on the exquisite Rolex watch nestled within the cushioned interior. The craftsmanship was impeccable, the design both elegant and understated.

Miles' gaze lifted from the watch to meet Carter's eyes, his own eyes shining with a blend of surprise and gratitude. "Carter... this is... incredible."

Carter's smile grew, a soft flush coloring his cheeks as he looked at Miles. "I know you're not usually one for flashy things, but I thought this might be different."

Miles felt a lump forming in his throat, the weight of Carter's words sinking in. He lifted the watch from the box, holding it in his palm, feeling the cool metal against his skin. It was more than just a watch; it was a symbol of their relationship, a testament to the love they had for each other.

He looked up at Carter again, his eyes shimmering. "I- I love it. Thank you," he managed to say, his voice laced with emotion.

Carter reached across the table, his fingers gently brushing against Miles' hand. "You gave me my beautiful moonstone necklace," he said softly, referring to the moonstone necklace Miles had gifted him on his birthday, one that he wears practically everywhere, including tonight. "I wanted to give you something equally special."

Miles nodded, his heart swelling with affection. In that moment, their connection felt deeper than ever, a bond that transcended material things.

As the evening continued, the watch found its place on Miles' wrist, a constant reminder of the love they shared. And while the watch itself was undoubtedly a precious gift, it was the sentiment behind it that truly mattered—the promise of time spent together, moments cherished, and a future filled with love and adventure.

You Shouldn’t Trust Me

The day following the birthday celebration was a mixture of tranquility and tension for Miles. The sun hung lazily in the sky, casting a warm golden glow over the Rio de Janeiro landscape. Miles found himself on the balcony of their temporary suite, a cup of coffee in hand, and his thoughts consumed by the upcoming tag team match.

As I stand here, just a few days away from that ring, I can't help but reflect on the chaotic path that's led us here. Austin and I, two men who should be allies, whose paths were once intertwined, are now standing on opposite sides of the ring. The last time we faced each other, it was nothing short of a collision of anger, history, and pain. We both ended up shattered, the match thrown into chaos, and neither of us could claim victory.

He leaned against the railing, gazing out at the sprawling city below. The ocean breeze rustled through his hair, carrying with it a sense of calm that contrasted sharply with the storm brewing within him. His mind echoed with the words he had spoken just days ago, the monologue that had captured his feelings about the strange bedfellows match.

Austin James Mercer. The name brought forth a complex blend of emotions. Once friends, their bond had fractured under the weight of their shared history and recent conflicts. It was difficult to forget the chaos of their last encounter, the match that had spiraled into a destructive frenzy, leaving them both battered and bruised.

Now, fate has thrown us together once again, not as opponents, but as reluctant partners. Strange bedfellows indeed. Teaming up with a man I've clashed with both physically and emotionally. It's a scenario I never thought I'd find myself in. Trust? That's not a word that fits here. The scars run deep, the wounds still raw.

Miles took a sip of his coffee, the bitterness of the brew a stark reminder of the bitterness that still lingered between them. Fate had an uncanny way of weaving paths together, and now he found himself standing at a crossroads with Austin once again. This time, not as adversaries, but as reluctant partners.

He closed his eyes briefly, the memories of their clashes flooding his mind. Trust was a fragile thing, easily broken and hard to mend. The scars of their past ran deep, a constant reminder of the pain they had inflicted on each other. As Miles had said, the wounds were still raw.

But there was more at stake now. A common enemy, Jack Washington and Alexander Raven, both fueled by their own hatred for each other. Miles could practically feel the tension radiating from the ring, a maelstrom of emotions waiting to be unleashed.

But sometimes, life takes us down roads we never expected. Sometimes, we find ourselves side by side with those we've shared bitter rivalries with. It's not about trust anymore, it's about survival. Survival in a match where animosity breeds uncertainty. I may not trust Austin, and I'm pretty damn sure he feels the same about me, but we share a common enemy. Jack Washington and Alexander Raven. Two men whose hatred for each other is almost tangible, their combined toxicity capable of tearing a hole in the very fabric of this ring.

We're all tangled in this web of history, animosity, and a dash of irony. We're not just fighting for a victory, but for a semblance of control over our own stories. We're stepping into that ring, four individuals who have our own reasons for being there. The air is thick with tension, each move we make fueled by more than just competition. This match isn't just a battle of strength; it's a battle of wills, of egos, of past grudges and future aspirations.

As he opened his eyes, his gaze shifted to the Rolex watch on his wrist, a gift from Carter. It served as a symbol not only of their love but of the journey he was embarking on. The upcoming match wasn't just about victory; it was about proving to himself and to the world that he could rise above the past, the doubts, and the animosity.

Miles took a deep breath, letting the ocean breeze fill his lungs. The air was heavy with anticipation, each passing moment bringing him closer to the moment of truth. He knew the path ahead wouldn't be easy, that the ring would be a battleground of emotions as much as physicality. But he was ready, ready to face his doubts, ready to stand alongside a man he had clashed with and questioned.

And as the crowd roars, as the adrenaline courses through our veins, I'll be there, facing Austin across the ring. The same man I've clashed with, bled with, and yes, even hurt. But in this moment, we're bound by a common purpose, a shared struggle against two men whose loathing for each other is as strong as our own. It's an unpredictable dance, a tango of emotions and alliances that will test the limits of what we can endure. And bragging rights, as we all get set for Violent Conduct.

The city around him buzzed with life, a vibrant backdrop to the storm within him. As the sun dipped lower in the sky, casting long shadows over the balcony, Miles found a flicker of determination igniting within him. The match was a challenge, a test of wills and alliances, but he was resolved to face it head-on.

He set his coffee cup aside and straightened, his gaze fixed on the horizon. The tension in the air was palpable, a reminder that the storm was coming. But Miles was prepared. He was a man driven by more than just competition; he was driven by the need to overcome, to rise above, and to emerge stronger on the other side.

So, I stand ready. Ready to face my own doubts and fears. Ready to stand beside a man I once trusted and now question. Ready to take on two opponents whose mutual hatred may be their ultimate downfall. I'll step into that ring not just as Miles Kasey, but as a man driven by something more. Whatever may come, one thing is certain: this match is not just about winning or losing, it's about proving to ourselves and to the world that we can rise above the chaos, the history, and the doubts, and emerge stronger on the other side.

And with that, Miles knew that the time for reflection was over. The sun had fully set, casting the city into a canvas of twinkling lights. The ambiance of Rio de Janeiro's nightlife filtered into the suite, adding a touch of energy to the air.

Gentleman, let’s party.