Author Topic: The Girl from Ipanema...  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Georgie Girl

• View Profile
The Girl from Ipanema...
« on: August 11, 2023, 11:28:27 PM »
A stretch of white sand spreads out in front of a pair of women who are making their way across the busy Brazilian street towards the world-famous Ipanema beach.  Lalita looks relaxed in a white bikini that is covered by a silky sarong skirt that hides her wedged sandals.  Beside her, Georgie Robertson is dressed in a blue and gold bikini with a macrame beach wrap that hides nothing gold sunglasses with blue lenses and gladiator sandals.  With her tanned and tattooed body visible, she is attracting glances and open staring from the groups of people on the beach.  Behind her, William Robertson is weighed down with bags and an umbrella that is falling off his shoulder.

Lalita:   Come along Billy Blue eyes…we don’t want to be in the sun too long.

William Robertson:  Oy, Lal.  I said I was sorry about Destiny.  She meant nothing really.

Georgie scoffs as she begins to walk on the beach looking for an area that offers some privacy.  Lalita follows behind her as does William who is still complaining and apologizing.  Stopping, she turns and lowers her sunglasses with a smile. 

Georgie Robertson:   Right, looks perfect right here.  Now why don’t you be a good 'un and set up while Lalita and I relax?  We’ll take the beach blanket and help yeah?

Complaining, William drops the pile of equipment on the beach that kicks up some sand. Lalita complains as she leans down to reach into the large bag and pull out a blanket that she spreads out with a flick of her wrists.  Billy opens the umbrella and stabs it into the sand before twisting it deeper.  Georgie ignores the pair as she looks over the beach to see what kind of attention she is getting. Lalita gives her a soft whistle and motions to the blanket that now has been set up.  Georgie kneels onto the blanket then leans on one elbow to smirk at her brother.

Georgie Robertson:  Maybe you are good for something here Billy.  You never told me why you wanted to come to Brazil with Lalita and me.  Ain’t like you like the beach. 

William joins the pair on the blanket, his eyes taking in the sea of beautiful women on the beach in very revealing outfits.  Georgie and Lalita share a glance at him before Lalita coughs and gets his attention. 

William Robertson:  Wot, I like the beach.  The water, the waves…the loverlies in their itsy bitsy bits yeah?

Lalita:  And there he is…

Georgie Robertson:    Listen you.  We are in Rio for Climax Control, not to cause an international incident yeah?  You bloody well better keep it in your head that you are just a tourist and ain’t someone that can use their name to get what they want.  This isn’t south London ya know.

William Robertson:  Don’t you think I know that Georgie girl?  Besides, I don’t speak Spanish  Luckily I got me this English to Spanish book.

He waves a small book at the two as both Georgie and Lalita say Portuguese at the same time which only has William looking at them confused.  Lalita rolls her eyes before closing them and breathing deeply as Georgie pulls her sunglasses downwards and glares over the lenses. 

Georgie Robertson:  They speak Portuguese in Brazil ya plonker. 

William Robertson:  Bloody hell!  Oh well…I ain’t bovvered…I’m so hench ain’t gonna need to rabbit with the birds.  Speaking of…I’m off to do some chirpsing.

With that, William gets to his feet and heads down the beach leaving Georgie to watch him go.

Georgie Robertson:   Crack on Billy blue eyes.  Crack on.

Georgie leans back on her elbows as she looks out over the surf.  Beside her, Lalita opens her eyes and turns her head to take in her friend.  Noticing the look on her face, Lalita sits up and brushes her hands together to dust them off before she tilts her head and gives Georgie a look.

Lalita:   Okay Georgie, spill it.  You ain’t got me fooled.  You thinking about something ain’t ya?

Georgie Robertson:  No shit Sherlock.  I’m thinking about the last time we was on Climax Control.  The queen for the day match that Zoey beat me.  It should’ve been me in that match at the supercard.  And I lost.  I am sure that most everyone is counting me out but then…

A slow malicious smile begins to cross her face as Georgie sits up and drags the macrame beach cover over her head as the sun is angled to shine onto her body.   

Georgie Robertson:  Then came that little open challenge of Jessie Salco.  And I thought to meself, Georgie, you need to take that shot.  After all, Jessie won’t see ya comin’ considering that she beat you before.

Lalita:  Yeah she did.  So what did you expect her to do? 

Georgie Robertson:   I expect her to believe her hype.  She will be so full of herself that she won’t even consider me a challenge.  And as you bloody well know, she’s a bird that can be rather full of herself. 

Lalita:  You must be having a laugh mate. 

Georgie gives Lalita a look while Lalita fights to keep a straight face but ends up losing the battle as a grin spreads across her lips.   

Georgie Robertson:  Well I know that come Climax Control I will not be taking the piss out of Jessie.  I will be beating her with all that I have.  Because we both know that any emotion that fuels me more is spite and that means that it is spite that is pushing me to challenge the bird.  But that is for later in the week innit.  Right now, time to enjoy the day and Ipanema. 

Georgie smiles at Lalita before pushing herself to her hands and knees then to her feet.  She winks at her friend before kicking off her sandals and heading towards the blue waters where strong waves can be seen rolling in.  Georgie slowly makes her way into the surf where she is joined by a young man in a speedo with a large gold chain tangled in dark chest hair.

Young Brazilian Man:   Hello beautiful lady bem vindo a ipanema

Georgie Robertson:   Thanks.  Now go away.

Georgie motions for him to leave her alone but he doesn’t take the hint and moves closer.

Young Brazilian Man:   You here to live Brazil?  I show you a good time you know.  My name is Raphael and you are?

Georgie Robertson:   Not interested.

Georgie tries to move away from the young man but he follows her through the surf.  Georgie stops and turns on him quickly that has him falling backwards into the water and splashing those close by.

Young Brazilian Man:   Why you do that beautiful la…

Georgie Robertson:   I ain’t interested in giving you me name or time.  All this machismo bollocks is ‘nuff.  Quit tryin’ chirpsing me, I ain’t interested in ya at all.

Georgie leans towards him which he has to back away to get to his feet in the water.  Georgie watches him brush the water from his body before he glares at the woman who has now crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head to return the glare.  He begins walking away but still speaking to Georgie.

Young Brazilian Man:   Você é uma vadia! (You are a bitch!)

Georgie Robertson:   You know it bruv!

Georgie turns away to ignore him as he motions back at the woman with a string of curses(?) in Portuguese.  Walking back up the beach, she then flops down on the blanket angrily as the scene fades out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The orange sunset gilds the sand on the beach of Ipanema as a person can be seen walking along the shore.  A white linen halter dress flows in the soft breeze off the ocean as Georgie walks along the surf, her shoes in one hand and her cell phone on a selfie stick in the other.  She stops and angles the camera to take her in framed with the sunset.

Georgie Robertson:  Beautiful innit?  They say that this beach is the best place to take in the sunset here in Rio.  I would have to agree with this when it comes to this sunset tonight.  But I definitely think there might be a better place to see a slightly different sunset yeah?

Georgie grins as she sighs.   

Georgie Robertson:  See, Sunday night is the sunset of another kind and that will be the place that is the best to watch it.  Because Sunday night is the start of the sunset of the career of one Jessie Salco.  Only that sunset won’t be beautiful will it Jessie, no it will be a painful last few moments of a career that in reality was more of a flash in the pan than anything.  Yeah you may be the Bombshell Roulette champion but I have to admit that it is only for a few more days.

Georgie Robertson:   I bet you weren’t thinking that I would be the one to step up and take that open challenge and you were probably getting ready to extend that retirement tour into Violent Conduct.  After all, it was Mercedes that you thought would be the one you would be facing.  And yeah, she managed to step out on the stage but before she could open her gob, I shut it for her.  And to see you in the ring angry that it was me that did it…that was just an added bonus.

Georgie Robertson:  I know that we have been in matches before and you beat me twice.  Brav-fuckin-oh Jess, but the third time’s the charm innit?  I know you are on about how you have beaten some strong competitors and that you have decided that you are some kind of wunderkind when it comes to the roulette title, yeah?  I will admit that yeah you have beaten some stiff competition and are probably going to be ready to face me and give me a run for my money because I am a rookie who hasn’t been that strong in the ring. 

Georgie looks downwards for a moment then out into the surf.  She turns back and smiles at the camera. 

Georgie Robertson:  I will say Jessie that you are right, I am a rookie who has only been wrestling for a year where you have been wrestling for what…fifteen years?  That means that you started wrestling when I was nine years old.  Here I am at twenty-four challenging you for that title and you still are going to doubt me.  Go ahead and doubt me, Jessie.  We both know that is what you tend to do when you don’t respect your opponents.  And we both know that you don’t respect me at all do you?  And that is fine by me.  You keep talking bollocks ya git.  All that rabbitin’ is just going to motivate me that much more with spite for wanting to take the mick out of you in the ring. 

The sun is setting more, the sky fading as Georgie looks back to sun then towards the camera.

Georgie Robertson:  It is getting darker as it gets closer to the end of the day.  I wonder if you see the darkness starting to close in on you as your career is getting closer and closer to ending for you.   Can you see the end coming closer and closer as Climax Control approaches?

Georgie looks thoughtful as she walks towards the sidewalk, her steps through the sand slow and steady until she reaches the street where lights shine along it.  She stops in the glow of one streetlight where a bench is.  Sitting down on it, she crosses one leg over the other to address the camera again. 

Georgie Robertson:  I have been watching your little promos on Climax Control and SCW’s website and I have to tell you that I realized from everything you have been saying is you are trying to make yourself into some kind of legend.  You are living on the laurels of the past and are looking to cement your legacy.  Sadly though your legacy is something that I have to respect even though the majority of it has been through whining and wingeing about not being given title shots or that you had been given them but you couldn’t get it done and it wasn’t your fault. 

Georgie Robertson:  And that is the difference between you and me Jessie.  You beg for title shot after title shot.  Finally, win a title and except for the last few defenses, you would lose on your first defense.  I can admit that I have lost matches but do I whine about it?  Do I beg about getting another shot at the title?  No, I take it.  Just like I am taking the title shot this week in Rio.

Anger begins to cross over the face of Georgie as she warms to the thought of that.

Georgie Robertson:  You Jessie have no real respect for me do you.  How do I know that huh?  It is because you cut a promo about me last Monday morning.  You tore me down well and good didn’t you?  And as much as it burned a hole in my midsection, as much as it made me want to give up and trust me, there was that one minute that I did think that I should give it up, I choked on my anger until I couldn’t do anything but scream out in frustration and I swore that it wasn’t going to be as easy as you saying it was going to beat me. 

Georgie’s hand curls into a fist as she fights to calm down.  A slight vibration of anger causes the camera to shake before Georgie’s eyes close and a slow calming breath escapes the young woman. 

Georgie Robertson:  As much as I wanted to lose it and become a victim to my anger or your contempt I know that facing you this third time is something that I need to do for me and that was then I realized the only way to beat you is to make you so confident that you won’t be focused on what I can do because you don’t believe that I am a challenge for the oh so legend in her own mind Jessie Salco.

Georgie Robertson:  Now, I know that you tend not to worry about your opponents as much because you have some much more on your mind like people that aren’t facing you.  Or friends that are dealing with some stupid possessed bird.  Yeah, I really don’t care about that shite if I am honest.  I just have one focus right now and that is you Jessie.  I ain’t looking to the supercard, I ain’t looking to Alexandra Calaway at Violent Conduct because you are the one I have to beat to face her and when I do, it will be because I didn’t look past you.

Georgie smiles as she runs her free hand through her short hair, fluffing it which sends a curl flipping over her left eye.   

Georgie Robertson:  I also have to say that Jessie, I heard that you are reminded of yourself when you look at me.  I am sorry but we are nothing alike.  I am someone that likes being underestimated.  Roxi Johnson underestimated me and what did I do?  I beat her.  Ariana Angelos was just the same.  She thought that she had me beat because she is a former champion too and I was just Georgie Robertson, rookie nobody with more losses than wins and what did I do?  I beat her too.  Hmm I wonder…when I faced former champions I beat them.  Granted it wasn’t for titles but still…I did beat them. 

Georgie Robertson:  Now I have a chance to win my very first title.  And to do it, I have to beat you.  Sounds daunting yeah?  You are talking like I don’t stand a chance and I get it.  You have won some really interesting matches.  And I will give credit where credit is due.  Now that you are reaching the end of your career, you are finally becoming someone that is competent in the ring and as a champion.  Does it make you feel good to know that it took you fifteen years to actually be considered a legend?  Took you fourteen of them before you were named to the hall of fame.  You won your first title in twenty twelve and lost that title two weeks later.  You won your first Bombshell Roulette title in twenty thirteen and lost it what…three weeks later.  Except for this last run as Bombshell Roulette champion, you haven’t held a title longer than two months. 

Georgie Robertson:  It is sheer luck that you have held this title since April.  Maybe the gods decided to gift you a run as champion for just under six months as an early retirement gift.  Regardless, on Sunday I am going to put a stop to the retirement tour of one Jessie Salco. 

An evil grin crosses the lips of Georgie as she lowers her head and offers a Kubrik stare to the camera which only makes her look more devious.

Georgie Robertson:  What will you do with yourself Jessie when I send you into retirement?  Will you claim it was a fluke and you don’t need to retire.  Will you go gracefully into that good night and retire never to step into the ring again?  Will you actually be able to give it up?  I suspect not but then again, you will not step away if you know that it means you lost to me now will you?  I put a fiver on it that you can’t let this go and retire.  Well, you are not gong to have a choice are you Jessie?  No choice because I am going to take your title and how do I know that you may ask?

A smirk crosses the face of the young Brit. 

Georgie Robertson:  I know that Jessie because what you are looking at is a bloody legend in the making!

Georgie gets to her feet and then moves out of the glow of the streetlight to disappear into the darkness as she crosses the street and disappears into the hostel across from the beach where the sounds of a latin samba beat plays.