Author Topic: JAYCEE MACDONALD v HELLUVA BOTTOM CARTER  (Read 4268 times)

Offline Jet City

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Kyle Kavanagh
JAYCEE MACDONALD v HELLUVA BOTTOM CARTER
« on: June 29, 2023, 04:22:44 PM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!  8)

Offline Jet City

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Kyle Kavanagh
Re: JAYCEE MACDONALD v HELLUVA BOTTOM CARTER
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 04:24:28 PM »
==========================================================
>
===========================================================

Back In
San Diego, CA -- Jet City South
24 JUNE 2023
OFF-Camera

Don’t get me wrong. Being back for Climax Control after a year away was a great experience. It was right up there with finally getting my life back. I spent years hiding in the shadows. Reg wanted to make sure that nobody was ever able to find me, so I never got to stay in one place for too long. I never got to use my own name. I wasn’t supposed to let anyone get too used to seeing me around, so friends and family weren’t really in the cards.For a long time, I accepted that as a fact of life. That was the price that I had to pay for being allowed to wake up every morning. I spent all my time trying to convince myself that it was enough. I mean, it wasn’t really as lonely as it sounded. In the time that I had between moves things usually got pretty cozy. No matter where I ended up I always managed to find other people like me. There’s no shortage of people running away from something in their lives. I met Oz at a poker game as a teenager. I later got introduced to Eiley at a party. Both of them had their own problems, and it doesn’t surprise me that the three of us have ended up back in the same place years later.

Although I had a hand in that too. I put all of this in motion by deciding that living in the shadows wasn’t enough. I joined a gym. I got good enough that they pushed for me to join some big tournament, and then participating in Blast from the Past brought on all that trouble I had been running from. Aside from what that meant for me, I nearly got Kris killed. That was difficult to live with. That guilt weighed me down so much that I wasn’t sure that my life was worth living anymore and had he actually died, I am not sure I would have made it this far. Sure, I spent the last year blaming Oz for having a hand in it but the last month has brought a new perspective. We somehow made it out the other side. The world knows about everything that happened, and the headline was about Kris still being alive. I spent a year thinking about how I should have never shown my face to a camera. I thought that once everyone knew the truth, any chance at a career that I had would be over, but something strange happened instead.

I was nothing but a footnote in my own story. When the big night on Climax Control came, I was barely a part of it at all. I sat back and watched Kris tell my story. I watched him take a piece out of Oz so that the fans would all blame him instead of me. It was all finally over. I was free to live my life however I wanted to, and if I wanted a career inside the ring, Kris made it possible. I thought that all the signs were pointing towards me trending upwards. Everyone wanted to capitalize off of that moment for Jet City. Kris was back. Court was the Bombshell Champion. Eiley and Oz were contenders for the Mixed Tag Team Championships coming back.

I was at home, or rather, the only place that felt like home: Jet City South.

The phone never rang, but I stayed ready. I figured that there were more important things to set up. After all, I did bail on Mark and Christian last year when they had given me every opportunity to succeed. Even if Kris and the fans let me off of the hook, it didn’t mean that the two of them were actually willing to take a chance on me again. Maybe I didn’t necessarily deserve to be in one of the qualifiers for all of the championships that were up for grabs, but I thought they would throw me something. It seemed like everyone else was going to make it onto the show but me. I knew that there was only one person in my world that knew what that felt like, but the problem was that she wouldn’t step foot back in the building. At least she was still taking my calls, and  it was beneficial that Kris hadn’t yet filled her office.

COURT: You should just go make it happen for yourself. Fuck all your waiting. You’re being too nice about it.

A lot of people give Kris all of the credit for how this place has been running for the last few years, but those of us that have actually been around know that it was all Court. She was the one that took an active interest in the students. She was the one that was working with us day-after-day. She is the one that got us all ready for the Blast from the Past tournament, and all of us came out of those opportunities having made a big impression. I wasn’t trying to get in the middle of the Jet City Civil War that she was having with Kris, and I wasn’t picking a side either.

JAYCEE: That is easy for you to say. You basically walked into Sin City with a shot at the Bombshell Championship. They’ve owed you something from day one.

I was surprised that she hadn’t conveniently placed the Bombshell Championship somewhere behind her so that I would actually have to see it on camera. In the time that she spent training me, I had used her blown opportunities against her several times. She had a way of pushing people into lashing out, and that had been one of her easiest buttons to push for the longest time. I knew how much finally being the champion meant to her. I just thought her ego would have grown big enough that she needed to rub it in my face that I was wrong.

COURT: Don’t be like that. You know that doesn’t matter. It took me five years to finally get the opportunity, and even then I still had to go out there and beat Roxi. It is not like they presented me with all of my hopes and dreams just for showing up.

She had a point. I hadn’t really gone out of my way to corner Mark or Christian or force them into letting me compete. Granted, I didn’t think that I earned that right yet, either.

JAYCEE: Look, those guys have been running a successful company for years. I am just some kid that almost got one of their Hall of Fame talents killed, and suddenly bailed on them last year.

She rolls her eyes at me through the screen. I knew that had she physically been standing in the room she probably would have hit me for being so negative.

COURT: All of that is water under the bridge. Kris is back, and already promised them that he was going to be on the Summer XXXtreme boat making up for lost time. The money that they will make off of him coming back from the dead will cancel out anything they lost on you, and then some.

Maybe that was true, but I still wasn’t buying it.

JAYCEE: That doesn’t explain why they haven’t brought me back yet. They announced that I was signed back with the company. I came and did the in-ring stuff with Kris and Oz, and then just radio silence. There’s got---

She cut me off. Court was never the type to participate in a pity party.

COURT: There’s not anything more to it. They have a whole roster full of people to balance. It is easy for anyone to fall through the cracks if they aren’t out making a whole lot of noise. The reason you aren’t on the show is because of all of this laying low you’ve been doing. Go make some waves and see what happens.

Again, she had a point. The problem was, I had tried gently pushing a few people through social media to see if I could make something happen. I wasn’t exactly trying to build a reputation like Kris did, but I had been letting people know that I was available. I figured that keeping my name in circulation was a step in the right direction.

JAYCEE: I did that. They know that I am around. What am I supposed to do? Do you want me to start demanding shots at champions or something? That only works for the bombshells.  I am not pretty enough for that.

She chuckled at the thought, but shook her head.

COURT: Some of the ones that do it aren’t pretty enough either, and it never stopped them. You just need to push a little harder. You don’t have to go out there getting personal with people but you can take a few shots. Just keep it professional. You’ll get someone’s attention.

Even if it was a good plan, it was already too late.

JAYCEE: Everyone worth a shit already has something going on at Summer XXXtreme. The whole boat is already booked. How do you expect me to change that?

She shrugs her shoulders as if I hadn’t just named off several substantial hurdles to getting onto the show.

COURT: You are going to have a whole bunch of people putting out promo material tonight. Start taking shots at them. Get yourself added to a match that is already happening. It has happened before.

For some reason, I didn’t foresee that happening. The only match with an open spot in it was the opener for the Roulette Championship, and that was the opportunity that I skipped out on last year. There is no way that Mark or Christian would let that slide.

JAYCEE: Not going to happen. I’m not that lucky.

She didn’t seem to agree with that idea either.

COURT: You’re alive, you’re not on the run anymore, and you still have the job that you always wanted. I’d say that you’re luckier than you give yourself credit for.

I was wondering how long it would take for her to play that card. Although, she made it sound like I had anything to do with all of that. It was Kris’ idea that got us off the hook. All that I did was show up. After spending so many years at the wrong place at the wrong time, I finally got one right. I wasn’t reading into it more than that. Besides, that wasn’t the only problem with her idea.

JAYCEE: How would I look if I tried to pry my way into that match? Carter said that he wouldn’t have taken it because he didn’t deserve the opportunity. I’d be a joke.

By the look on her face, I couldn’t help but feel like she had been leading me into this trap.

COURT: ...it sounds like Carter is free then, right? The guy doesn’t seem very happy about that. You don’t seem very happy about being left off. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Earlier in the week, I had thought so too. I had thrown my name out there when he complained about being left off of the card, but he hadn’t taken the bait.

JAYCEE: I’ve tried. I don’t think anyone took me seriously.

That wasn’t enough to satisfy her on the topic though.

COURT: Try harder. Make them take you seriously. You didn’t make an impression last year by being nice. You showed up for the tournament, and kicked ass.

That was an entirely different set of circumstances. Back then, I wasn’t even sure that I was going to be sticking around. I had been content with being just another face at the gym. I was having more fun in the classes than I would have sitting alone in my apartment. It was just a way to pass the time for me. I went into Blast from the Past with zero expectations. The fact that we made it almost all the way to the end was a surprise, because I hadn’t been trying to draw any attention.

JAYCEE: Yeah, but I had Levana there to do all of the talking. I wasn’t exactly grabbing at the spotlight.

As opposed to dissuading her, that only appeared to make her like her argument even more.

COURT: There’s never a better time to start than now. It’ll be a good change for you. People should know how good you are.

I should have known that there was no way that I was going to change her mind. Maybe that was why I called her in the first place. There was no way that she was going to be okay with me sitting on the sidelines and casually waiting my turn to be acknowledged. She had been my biggest fan at Jet City South. It made sense that she would want me to cash in on that.

JAYCEE: You know this type of thing would be a whole lot easier if you were still around.

That wasn’t happening either, and there was nothing that I could do to fix that. She wasn’t going to dwell on that thought for even a second though.

COURT: If I was there, I wouldn’t be here trying to figure out how to make space for you when you get here.

I couldn’t help but feel like she was getting a few steps ahead of herself.

JAYCEE: That’s assuming that I can get the match.

She was done trying to be nice about it, and clearly wasn’t going to take no for an effort.

COURT: Just get the damn match Jaycee! I’ll figure out how to get you to the boat.

From the scenery moving around her, she was already up and on the move from her cabin on the boat. She wasn’t going to wait for me to come around to her way of thinking before getting the ball rolling.

JAYCEE: That seems a b--

She shook her head and glared at me through the screen.

COURT: Say “Thank you Court” and get to work. I’m busy now.

The hallways stopped moving around her and she didn’t break focus on my eyes. I could tell that there was only one answer that she wanted to hear, and it wasn’t optional.

JAYCEE: Thank you Court.

I still didn’t know how I was going to make it happen, but that wasn’t her problem. The fact that she was willing to go this far out of her way for me was enough. I couldn’t let all of that be for nothing.

COURT: Good. See you soon. And don’t say anyt---

I cut her off to finish the thought. It was the way all of our conversations had ended since we got back from Romania.

JAYCEE: Yeah, I won’t tell anyone that I talked to you. They might get the wrong idea and think you are a good person or something.

She hung up on me without another word. It looked like I had some work to do if I was going to make this match happen.

>Late Invitation

We catch up to Jaycee poolside on the Princess Cruise ship that is carrying all of the talent and fans for Summer XXXtreme. The former Jet City student looks right at home on the boat with a drink in his hand, and mirrored sunglasses covering his eyes. He looks like he has been having the time of his life even though he was a late addition to the boat, and getting to the cruise ship had been a hassle unto itself. None of that really mattered now though. Court had come through on her end, and Jaycee had nothing left to do but enjoy the time leading up to his match with Carter.

”...so it turns out that maybe my invitation really was just lost in the mail.”

He doesn’t turn to the camera to speak to the viewers directly, but it does draw closer to him as he starts to speak. His attention is still on the pool in front of him where several of the other members of Sin City roster were enjoying the cruise.

”A few days ago, I was sitting at home and starting to think that they were willing to go through with this whole show without me. I was starting to think that maybe my presence wasn’t wanted at this kind of event. I figured maybe people were still upset with me about the fact that Kris Ryans missed out on the last year of Sin City events. I thought that I might have been paying the price for not being the most reliable talent last time around. Any of those things could have been the reason that my phone wasn’t ringing about competing at Summer XXXtreme, and it would have been justified. I looked at it as an informal suspension.”

He takes a sip from his drink with a smile on his face.

”...but it wasn’t. The interest was there. They wanted me back in Sin City just as badly as I wanted to come back. That little taste of the crowd back on Climax Control wasn’t enough. I was out there sharing the spotlight with Kris while everyone was booing the shit out of Oz. It was a great moment for me. In all honesty, it might have been the high point of my time in Sin City thus far.”

He takes another sip from his glass before putting it on the side table. He takes his legs off of the pool chair and turns towards the camera for the first time.

”...but it wasn’t enough. Not even close.”

”See, that has always been the story for me in Sin City. When I first showed up, I was immediately paired with a partner. And don’t get me wrong, she was great. We were the perfect teammates for each other at the perfect time. She wanted all the attention, and I just wanted to square up and beat some people down. I didn’t need the spotlight at the time. I didn’t care about giving it up. Our dynamic was mutually beneficial, and despite the fact that nobody gave us a chance to win the tournament, we made it to the final four before things went sideways.”

”I didn’t get a lot of runs by myself after that for all of the reasons that everyone has gone over ten times by now. Everyone knows what has happened in and around Jet City over the last year. I am not going to bore everyone by running that back now. It happened, it is over, and it is a whole new day. That was what Kris and I wanted everyone to know when we came back for Climax Control. We wanted to show that there were no hard feelings in Jet City. We wanted to demonstrate that we were all back and ready to take steps forward, no backwards.”

”...but again, that spotlight wasn’t mine. That was Kris’ night. The guy was literally coming back from the dead. He had been away for a long time, and felt like he owed everyone an explanation for that. It was awesome to be a part of, but that was all that it was. I was just a sideshow to the real story.”

Jaycee looked a little bitter about that, but he wasn’t going to let that get him off topic.

”The point that I am trying to make is that every time that I have been in the ring up to this point in my career, I have been down there with someone else. There has always been someone standing next to me and taking credit for the things that I do. It didn’t matter if it was someone that people didn’t care for, like Levana. It didn’t matter if it was people losing their mind seeing Kris for the first time in a year. I was never the center of attention, and that is why none of it has ever been enough. I didn’t sign with Sin City to be the person standing next to the superstars. I came so that I could see if I could be one myself. Now that I don’t have to fear the attention that rising to the top can bring, I’m ready to take on that challenge.”

”...but I couldn’t take my first step on that path without a match…”

He leans forward towards the camera, and his sunglasses slide down to the end of his nose. He looks over them and into the eyes of the viewers.

”Maybe I had to poke a little bit to make this happen. Not all of us are lucky enough to get handed a space on the card. There are even people here that are booked in more than one of these matches. I took a shot at some of those people last week so that maybe someone would take me seriously. I didn’t mean a whole lot by it. I am sure that all of those guys are going to make something worthwhile happen out in the ring. I have no doubt that they’ll earn their spot before the night is over. That doesn’t make the things I said untrue though. I pointed at a handful of the guys that managed to get booked on this show before me and promised that I could do it better than they could, and I believe that. They might steal a moment or two in their matches, but I can promise that a whole lot more eyes should be on me and what I am capable of.”

”I had to speak this match into existence after the card was already set. I wasn’t even a passenger on this boat when it took off, and now I am sitting poolside with a cabin to head back to when I get tired of being personable. I could have stayed at home and waited patiently for my next opportunity, but I didn’t. I pushed and I pushed until someone finally took notice. I got Carter’s attention. I challenged him to this fight. I got Christian to actually put it on the card. That might have looked like desperation. This whole match might seem like something thrown together out of the scraps of the people left off of the show. However, I can assure all of you that it is a lot more than that.”

”See, Carter has never struggled to get any attention. The guy is one of the most active personalities on social media. Fans get a play-by-play of near everything the guy does in his life. He came out of the Go Gym. He made a name for himself in SCU before that stopped being a thing. He is shacked up with a member of Wolfslair, and the whole world followed his step-by-step birthday extravaganza. I mean, while I was struggling to find a space on this card, he had multiple chances and ways to be involved. Carter had not one, but two scheduled chances to make it into the Mixed Tag Team Championship match. The first time his opponents bailed, and everyone else in the match was happy to hand him the opportunity to be involved. When he made the decision to try and earn it instead, his team couldn’t get the job done. I have no doubt that if he had said the word he probably could have been thrown in the mix anyways. After all, the guy that he ended up losing to is defending his championship in the opener, and competing for another one later in the night. If Carter wanted to be the fourth guy in the Roulette match, I am sure that vacant spot could have been his. Yet, despite all of these opportunities, he was content to complain about missing out in the end.”

”I couldn’t tolerate that. I wasn’t even given one chance to be part of this show. I wasn’t handed even one opportunity to earn my chance to participate. I had to resort to taking pot shots about people on social media for my name to even be brought up. I had to settle for an opponent that pissed away several chances that I should have gotten, and that is why this match actually means something to me. This isn’t some throw away. This is my chance to demonstrate to Mark and Christian just how wrong they were to overlook me.”

”Carter wasted so many chances to do something truly legendary at Summer XXXtreme. Instead, he gets to come up against a guy with everything in the world to prove. I don’t have to hold back and avoid being noticed anymore. I can do and say whatever it is that I want, whenever I want. I have been trained for this moment by some of the best to compete in this company, and I can finally do so without looking over my shoulder. I can finally pull out everything from my bag of tricks because I don’t have to worry about what will happen if that moment goes viral. For the first time, when I go down to that ring, I’ll be free. That should make Carter very, very worried, and every fan very, very excited that they get to see it.”

He pushes his glasses back up with a smile, fully confident in his ability to get the job done come Sunday.

”I had to move mountains to make this match happen, so I’m not going to waste this opportunity. Carter can’t say the same thing."

With that, he sits back in his chair, kicks his feet up, and grabs his drink. He directs his attention back to the party going on at the poolside in front of him. As he raises his drink to take another sip, the scene fades to black.

Offline HBCarter

• The Hardcore Bottom
    • View Profile
    • Sin City Wrestling
Hard Truths
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 07:12:59 PM »

It’s funny how things come about full circle in the sport of professional wrestling. Upon his in-ring debut in Sin City Underground, Carter McKinney aka Helluva Bottom Carter was being heralded as one of the more promising young recruits on the roster. Having graduated from the famed GO Gym, Carter indeed lived up to his potential during his stay in SCU, reigning not only as one-half of the Pride Tag Team Champions alongside his BFF - Ariana Angelos, but Carter also surprised many by capturing every singles championship available to the male superstars in SCU even before he celebrated his twenty-third birthday. Including reigning as the youngest Underground Champion in SCU history, a feat that would never be broken due to the closure of the promotion. And once the closure was finalized, Carter was one of a handful of SCU talents signed almost immediately by Mark Ward and Christian Underwood.

Excitement was imminent by the SCW Universe, fans anxious to see if the path to success would continue in SCW as it had in SCU. But, unfortunately, as Carter would put it; “This path had more rocks in it.” Carter had experienced quite a bit of success, but not the same level as he had enjoyed in the previous two plus years. He had suffered not only defeats, but also a couple of injuries that had derailed any momentum that he might have started to build up for himself. By his own admission, he wasn’t giving the bookers much of a reason to keep his name at the top of the contracts when it came to big matches and title opportunities. It’s now why he is here… today.

Summer XXXTreme was one of SCW’s most anticipated shows of the entire year, one of the top three if you will alongside High Stakes and Into the Void. Not only because of the stacked show from beginning to end, but also because of the unique nature of a wrestling show taking place ON the cruise ship itself! Carter had been in attendance at least twice to support Ariana and their then-friend Krystal Wolfe. But he had yet had the opportunity to actually compete. And unfortunately at this point in time, it appeared as if he was again going to be left on the outside looking in while others gained the opportunities that he himself craved.

Tuesday

“I will never get tired of this.” Carter said casually as he leaned against the railing of the ship, his tanned forearms resting on the rails as his dazzling blue eyes looked out over the ocean waters. In times past, the weather had been less than cooperative during the Summer XXXTreme cruise, but in 2023, it had been nigh on perfect from the very moment the ship had left port in Los Angeles. The sky was the brightest of blues and there wasn’t a cloud to be seen as the ship continued its journey, churning waves though the water in its wake. Even this went as smoothly as could be expected, like a hot knife cutting through soft butter. And no, he was not talking to himself, even though there really was nothing wrong with such a thing.

It’s when you have to repeat yourself because you weren’t listening is when you should start to worry.

Carter was, in fact, speaking to the man that was standing beside him; tall, tanned and buff - his boyfriend and fellow SCW Superstar, Miles Kasey. Something that was still taking some getting used to saying, although a part of Carter gleefully believed he would never would. He had spent so long denouncing himself at the very idea of having someone like Miles as both boyfriend and lover, he still wondered if the time would ever come when he would wake up and it would all end up as some wonderful dream.

Carter tilted his head to the side, giving his man his very best comical yet withering stare (yet mostly comical) as he stated, “It almost makes one forget that you got Mom and Grams a suite with a private balcony.” The camera panning out just wide enough to show the two lovebirds stood on the upper deck of the Princess, other passengers and their SCW peers going about their own business alongside them. They, like many of the other SCW stars - both male and female alike - had enjoyed this cruise as intended; a working holiday. Many fans, both young and old, male and female alike, had approached both Carter and Miles for autographs, photo ops and just to chat - to which they happily obliged to each and every request. But this little corner of the ship was their own personal time for each other and the SCW Universe seemed able to read into that fact and left them to their own devices, namely one another. For the time being at least.

“Don’t be jealous now.” Miles teased. “You get something in our suite that they don’t.”

“Oh yeah?” Carter asked. “What's that?”

“Me in your bed.” Miles leaned over and whispered into his ear in a husky voice, his accent only added to the tantalizing tease behind the words of promise.

This, of course, caused a rippling shudder to go through Carter, just the effect Miles was hoping for. It did the self confidence a lot of good when you could cause such a natural response in your loved one by mere words alone, or perhaps it was the implications behind those very same words.

“But if you think that this is something, wait until tonight.” Miles said just as casually, but to Carter who had a perpetually playful mind, he glanced up at the taller man beside him and smiled that bright, dazzling smile of his and asked, “Is that a flirtation?”

“No you horny toad, it’s a fact.” Miles quipped, but he then paused and shrugged. He pinched together a thumb and forefinger, adding, “Maybe a little bit of a flirtation.” Miles stood upright, the fingers of one hand wrapped around the railing while his free hand stretched out to drape an arm comfortingly alongside the shoulder of the young man who had so unexpectedly captured his heart over the past year. Miles said, “I just meant that being out here watching the water under the stars is special too. Better in my opinion.”

Carter found himself leaning into Miles’s strong upper body almost instinctively from the moment that muscled arm wrapped itself around his shoulders. One thing Carter had come to discover about his boyfriend the past few months was that he was big on cuddling. Not something Carter could or would complain about.

“It would have been nice to get to experience this with an actual match, especially with Mom and Grams here for the first time. Not that they’d watch me compete but still…” Carter sighed, still not happy with the fact that his open challenge had not been accepted from anyone in or out of the promotion. He went on to say, “Still, there are certain consolations.”

“Wow. Talk dirty to me, why don’t you?” Miles piped up, causing Carter to close his eyes and snort back a laugh.

“I just mean…” Carter closed his eyes and in a state of relaxed bliss, he found himself stating the simple truth, “It’s just nice being able to experience this with someone you love, isn’t it?”

And the moment he felt Miles’s fingers on his shoulder grip just a little more tightly did Carter realize what he had just said. Carter had long had strong feelings for Miles, even before the two had become an official couple. It was, in fact, one of the worst kept secrets in the locker room, even when Carter was in that abusive relationship with Lazarus. But to come right out and state he loved Miles? That was something that he had been struggling with since the relationship’s inception. Miles had stated his feelings time and again, but Carter had always managed to reciprocate those feelings without saying it outright. Not because the feelings weren’t genuinely there, but because he was simply afraid to say it after convincing himself he wasn’t worthy of those feelings.

Carter opened his eyes wider than normal, casting a sidelong glance toward Miles whom he could see was staring at him with an unnerving intensity. But Carter could also see that playful wisp of a smile on Miles’s lips.

“That’s the first time you’ve told me that you loved me.” Miles half-whispered, to which Carter turned his gaze toward the ocean’s waters and he nodded his head about as fast as the wings of a hummingbird. Miles asked, “Are you okay?” Again, a rapid nod.

Miles smiled genuinely and he drew Carter closer against him as the couple looked out over the water, Carter half mumbling, “Oh my doctor is just going to love this…!”

Thursday

You know what one of the best things about any cruise is? The food, of course! From morning until late into the evening, the kitchen was in perpetual motion, putting forth a delectable array of gourmet edibles for the entirety of the ship’s passengers. For many, you could look at and order from a menu just as in any restaurant, but the best thing to be offered on the Princess Cruise was the buffet that stretched almost endlessly across and around the vast dining hall of the ship. Foods; appetizers, entrees and desserts from around the world were offered, fresh and tantalizing to the taste buds. And considering the ship was filled with hungry wrestlers, those buffets were being constantly refilled more than usual!

Carter, alongside his loved ones, both friends and family alike, gathered at one of the tables reserved for his respective party of his Mother and Grandmother, Miles, Ariana and Francisco, and of course, Dawn Warren and that special lady of hers.

“Don’t touch my lobster!” Miles smiles, having taken note of Carter’s wistful stares at the King Lobster legs on his plate that were piled high, but not so high he couldn’t playfully hold his arms over them so as to keep them from Carter’s reach.

“Not to worry!” Carter replied, sighing and resuming his own meal, having taken great delight in the bountiful offering of many types of sushi. He stated, “I’d just as soon rather not go into Anaphylaxis shock.” Referring, of course, to his genuine allergy to shellfish and most forms of seafood. A tragic thing considering his own favorite food was sushi, one of the few seafood's that he could eat safely.

“Wait, you’re really allergic to shellfish?” Francisco asked, a curious frown on his handsome face. “I thought that was just something you said to keep from eating Ar-” Francisco then noted Ariana’s own gaze right toward him and he quickly corrected himself, “Ar-tificial ingredients?”

“Smooth.” Joan aka Grams said as she lifted a goblet of a dry red to her lips, earning a smile from her daughter and a snicker of appreciation toward the elder’s wit from the rest of the table. It was then that the SCW Co-Owner, the ore pleasant of the two - “Hot Stuff” Mark Ward, approached the table with a gentle discretion.

Hot Stuff said, “Excuse me?” Mark gave Joanna and Joan both that charming smile of his. He then looked around the rest of the table, prompting Carter to start, then said, “Oh, I’m sorry. Mom? Grams? This is Mark Ward, he owns and runs SCW.”

Mark smiled, extending a hand to both women and graciously saying, “Ladies. I’m sorry for interrupting your meal, but I needed to speak with Carter for a quick second.”

“Is something wrong?” Carter asked, to which mark shook his head in the negative, albeit with a smile. Mark answered, “No, quite the opposite. You know that open challenge you issued? Well, someone wants to take you up on it.”

“Wait, what? Seriously?” Carter leaned in as if he was having difficulty believing his ears this late in the week. “But – I took that off the table when nobody took me up on it.”

“Well, someone is offering to do just that.” Mark said, offering Carter a reassuring grip on the shoulder.

“Who?”

“Jaycee MacDonald.” Mark answered. Carter just stared at Mark, leaning toward him almost comically with a blank expression on his face. Mark snorted a laugh, taking the not-so-subtle hint and he reiterated, “A Jet City student. He just inked his deal and wanted on the show. So…” He patted him heartily on the back and said more in a statement rather than a question, “You interested?”

“Very!” Carter was all smiles as Mark nodded, stating, “I’ll get the contract drawn right up.” He then took his leave, pausing to again offer his apologies at the interruption to Carter’s Mom and Grandmother.

Carter called after the boss man, “Thank you!” And turned back, a smile as bright as the sun over the ocean, thrilled that he would get to compete after all. His table guests also congratulated them, each one thrilled Carter would get his first Summer XXXTreme match after all. Everyone save for his Mother and Grandmother, both who wore tight smiles despite themselves. They did not like the sport, nor the fact their boy had risked his body and mental well being by entering it. But they could put on a brave face given the circumstances because that is what moms and grandmas do, after all.

“Well…!” Carter exclaimed, his enthusiasm threatening to erupt. “This is perfect! And it makes my show tonight even better!”

“Yes, you know you still haven’t told us what exactly it is that you’re doing.” His mother casually observed, to which Miles turned and added, “Yeah, you haven’t even told me! What do Mark and Christian have you doing?”

Carter just smiled at Miles until…

LIP SYNCH BATTLE – SUMMER XXXTREME XI STYLE!

THAT is what SCW had Carter participating in as part of his cruise duties, and he could have been any happier at this as he had quickly recruited his favorite girls – Ariana and Dawn – and then in needing a third, he accosted none other than  Kim Pain the moment she and the rest of the Saviors had boarded the ship! The endeavor took place in the largest nightclub aboard the Princess Cruise where the T-shaped stage was most prominent. The spotlight turned on above the stage and there it all began!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ae35fhcIzKE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carter, front and center - dressed as a rarity in drag with a shimmering, black sequined mini dress with spaghetti straps, slit up the thigh, matching high heels and curly blonde wig, and the three ladies right behind him as his ‘backup’ singers! Hands on his hips, Carter grooves to the beat of the music as he sashays down the stage, putting on the performance of a lifetime as the music continued!

“Does he love me?
I wanna know
How can I tell if he loves me so?”

Is it in his eyes?
Oh, no, you'll be deceived
Is it in his sighs?
Oh, no, he'll make believe
If you wanna know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss
That's where it is, oh, yeah”

Carter spins and blows a kiss to the crowd, directed right toward Miles who sat front and center at a reserved table at the end of the stage, seated alongside his Mom and Grams, each having a thrilling time. Dawn Warren, dressed in a black, fringe-trimmed pants suit, steps forward and Carter takes her fingertips in his hand and gives her a spin as she takes over the stage with the others in the background, dancing in sync!

“Or is it in his face?
Oh, no, it's just his charms
In his warm embrace?
Oh, no, that's just his arms

If you want to know if he loves you so
It's in his kiss
That's where it is
Oho, it's in his kiss (That's where it is)”

Now it was Dawn's turn to take her leave from the spotlight, kidding a fingertip and blowing toward her fiance in the crowd. She then rejoined the others as Kim herself took center stage in the performance, much to the rousing approval of the fans and in particular, her Saviors comrades that were right there, cheering her on! Dressed in a sleek red and silver, long sleeved gown chosen for her by Carter himself, Kim strutted down the T Stage comPLETELY hamming it up!

“Whoa, Hug him and squeeze him tight
Find out what you wanna know
If it's love, if it really is
It's there in his kiss”

But behind her, something else was taking place. Something, or someone had caught Carter's eye, causing him to stumble over himself. So surprised by what he was seeing, he came to a brief hope, causing Ariana to walk into him. This made him come to quickly to resume the performance. The four  lined up, back to front at the rear of the stage, as the song ended, the performance reaching its climax much to the crowd's swelling approval! The four stepped down off stage, and their friends and loved ones proceeded to swarm them offering them their congratulations on the performance, as the fans whistled and applauded. But as Miles, along with Joan and Joanna, expected them to approach their table, they were surprised when he instead walked right past them. A dark expression of alarm on his face.

"Carter…?" Miles started to say, along with Joanna's "Honey?" They looked at each other and rose to see what the trouble was when Carter walked right up to, of all people, his estranged father - Cillian Macguire!

"What are you DOING here!?" Carter bellowed, startling everyone in the area, even causing the DJ to stop the music. Heads turned from all directions as Cillian rose from the seat he was on at the bar counter, fully or hopefully prepared for this inevitable clash.

"It was bad enough at the shows!" Carter hollered. "But now here!? On a cruise ship!? What is this, you're sick idea of a joke!? What, you think this makes me your captive audience for whatever bullshit you want to hand out and call ice cream!?"

"Carter…" Cillian started to say, but the young man was having none of it. He barely noticed his family approaching through the looky loos. Miles, his girls, even Mac and Whisper were coming over to see what was going on. And once they saw who Carter was talking to, their expressions darkened as one.

Cillian said, "I just want to talk to my son."

"You don't HAVE a son, 'Dad'!" Carter countered. "Remember!? I believe your exact words were 'I can't have a GAY son!' Well congratulations Dad!"

Carter reached up and tore the wig from his scalp and threw it at the man.

He shouted, "You don't! Oh and this…?" He waved a hand over his drag attire. "Not to worry! This is a rarity for me! I'm not into the drag scene or anything so I would hate to further bruise your narcissistic sensibilities!"

"Carter, lower your voice!" Joanna implored, her tone of voice pleading as she and the rest of their little group was quickly attracting the attention of those passengers around them, both fan and SCW star alike. Eyes and heads turned in their direction from Carter's first outburst, and all his mother wanted to do was calm her boy down before this entire cruise was ruined

"No Mom, I won't!" Carter answered in simple defiance, his gaze never leaving that of his father. "This man hasn't wanted a damn thing to do with us for TEN GODDAMN YEARS and he suddenly shows up like the last decade didn't even happen!?"

"Carter…"

"TEN! YEARS!!"

Cillian pleaded, "Carter, I just want to talk to you. Please!"

"Talk!?" Carter scoffed. "Sure, Dad! Let's talk! Let's talk about how after I came out, YOU tried to convince mom to have me sent to conversion therapy!"

This particular revelation had been unknown to the majority of Carter's inner circle of friends, save for Miles and Ariana. Those who did not know and were standing there at the time? Their gazes turned even darker than before and those gazes were directed light at Cillian.

Carter suddenly grabbed his father by the shirt, both hands wound tightly around the material and he pushed him up against the bar. This was the point where his mother stepped in, taking hold of his wrists, "Carter, stop!"

"Why are you even here stalking me!?" Carter yelled, years welling up in his eyes. The pain the memories of so many years of regret now exposed to the world. "Why the hell are you HERE…!?"

"Carter, stop this! Carter…!" Joanna pulled at his hands. *I did it! I invited him!"

And at once, everything froze. Everything went silent as all eyes turned towards Carter's mother. Carter's eyes were filled with a pained betrayal as he shook his head, trying to make sense of or come to terms with his mom’s startling confession.

"Mom…?"

Joanna, eyes closed from behind her glasses, nodded. "I invited him."

"Dear…" Joan aka Grams shook her head. "What were you thinking?"

Even Ariana and Miles, both of whom adored Carter’s Mom as if she were their own, and for Ariana who had been disowned years ago, she was. They both appeared shocked at this revelation. Carter swallowed hard, then turned back to Cillian with anger practically radiating from off of him. Through gritted teeth, Carter asked, "When are you going to die and stop ruining my life!?"

"CARTER!!!" Joanna scolded him, absolutely horrified by the words that had just escaped her son's lips. Yet Carter all but ignored his mother’s admonishing words, instead staring right into his father’s eyes and refusing to give him the satisfaction of breaking eye contact first. What Carter was not prepared for, however, was the pain he saw in return. Not the performance pain that an expert manipulator would feign in order to play the victim card, but real, genuine pain deep within his father’s eyes. Only then did Carter turn away from him, no longer caring. He walked past his Mom and Grams, past even Miles and Ariana.

“Carter…” Whisper attempted to place a comforting hand on his arm but he, perhaps surprisingly, shrugged it off and continued on, leaving the room, all eyes on his retreating form save for his father and mother, both who shared a pained look to each other.

TBC…

How does one go about simply relaxing while on a cruise? Some indulge themselves in the many shows that take place, everything from movies being shown while under the stars to a stand up comedian or if you’re lucky, a magician. Others take part in the games of chance at the casino or a drink in one of the many bars. Still, others prefer to spend their leisure time simply laying back and relaxing at poolside, soaking in the crystal clear water of the pool while perhaps playing games such as volleyball or chicken. Others, such as Carter, will find a random spot where the sun is shining at its brightest and lay back on a lounge chair on the deck, clad in nothing more than a small, lycra swimsuit of a teal color. And that was, in fact, where he was now. The sun was bright overhead, and the weather warm but the breeze that blew over the ocean in which the Princess Cruise allowed some semblance of additional comfort to the warm temperatures. A pair of shades worn over his eyes to protect them from the sun, Carter was simply content to relax while working on his already impressive tan that complimented his platinum hair color and dazzling blue eyes.

“I have to admit that I find myself in something of a pickle. You see, I finally got what I wanted, and that was my first match at the Summer XXXTreme event. Now, I have to admit that I would have preferred that I be in a championship match, but it seems that it was not meant to be – yet. I tried to work my way into the Ultimate X match for the Roulette Championship but I wasn't able to pull it off against the champion Peter Vaughn. Then there were high hopes for Ari and myself attempting to get into the Fatal Fourway match for the Mixed Tag Team titles, but once again – Peter Vaughn. Only this time things didn’t end so decisively as the first time around because Peter had to be a Dick and cheat to win, holding my tights so I couldn’t escape the pin.”

Carter shook his head derisively.

“It just goes to show that you think you know someone… It also goes to show that I really can’t wait to see the look on Vaughn’s face when that mancake of mine drops him into the pool and claims the Roulette Championship for his very own! Won’t that be nice, Peter? Now I know, I was also offered the third spot in the title match despite my losses to Vaughn, but no. I don’t know how others manage it but I can’t face someone that I care about so much inside of that ring when the competition is at its highest and tempers begin to flare. For me, it would be too awkward and that is why I turned them down and Miles and Vaughn instead got saddled with the Troll as the third man in that match. Sorry guys…! Had I known…? Anyway..! In turning down that spot, I took a big risk in that I might not have a spot on the show, and it looked like I was right. I issued an open challenge to anyone, even men who weren’t signed to SCW. I half expected Mark Cross to jump at the chance but then again the World title wasn’t at stake or even on the cards. And if there isn’t a championship in line for him, and he thinks the opponent is a legit threat, then he simply won’t accept or acknowledge the challenge.”

“And so there I was for the longest time, thinking I was going to be left off another Pay-Per-View when lo and behold, my prayers were answered in the form of Jaycee MacDonald. I know!”

Carter held his hands up and out.

“If you were like me, you were probably thinking – who? But that was before I did a little digging around and would you believe it? The man is a graduate of none other than the Jet City Academy, the second best wrestling school in the sport today. Right after the GO Gym, of course. Wait… on the other hand there is Hellsgate with my buddy Mac Bane and my favorite ladies; Kim Pain, Kat Jones and of course – Whisper. So I guess that makes Jet City the third best wrestling sch– no. Wait…”

He tapped a forefinger against his lips as he casually glanced about, his eyes remaining hidden.

“I’ve heard nothing but good things about Hero Academy with Keira and Roxi and any school with those two ladies in charge has to be top notch, so… Well sorry Jaycee. I guess that makes Jet City maybe fourth? Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. After all, we are talking about a school where Kris Ryans is associated … or was. I can never really remember where he’s concerned. But the simple fact is the man is a former World Heavyweight Champion in SCW AND a Hall of Fame honoree two years ago so… cheers! Evidence enough that if you come from Jet City, you probably have all the potential in the world to take this business by storm. That is if you are willing to put in the effort and from everything I’ve seen so far, Jaycee doesn’t have that spirit in him. He seems more the sort that expects to have things handed to him and that right there is one of the key differences between him and I. No sooner did he sign Jaycee sign his contract with SCW than did he start complaining and whining about being left off the show when he really didn’t give Mark or Christian any reason to go out of their way to find him an opponent. Now me? I made the effort. I tried to work my way onto the card the old fashioned way.”

Carter leaned forward briefly in his deck chair.

“By earning it! And even though things didn’t work out quite like I had hoped, I still didn’t give up. I missed out on the two championship matches so I went out and tried to find an opponent myself. Jaycee didn’t do either of these things. He just started complaining and calling out the higher ups for…” **air quotes** “Not being invited to the party. Okay, sure. He did well enough in the 2022 Blast From the Past tournament, but after that? The man practically fell off the face of the earth. He gave us nothing, he gave SCW nothing and yet he expects things to be handed over to him like he’s some sort of God's gift to the sport.”

He chuckled, shaking his head and even though his eyes couldn’t be seen, the smile of mirth was evident enough on his lips.

“But you know what really gets me about this guy? More so than his not being willing to work his way up the proverbial ladder in order to earn his spot in the business? It’s the way he openly and brazenly tries to use the names and reputations of other men, bigger and better men with actually established resumes in this business, as a means to an end! I mean, why else would he be running off at the mouth from the safety of his computer screen on social media, naming some of the best the Superstars division has to offer? Names like Ben Jordan and Alexander Raven to name just a couple! Accusing their work of being ‘shit’ and saying that he could run circles around them! I mean like – Seriously!?”

Carter lowered the shades from over his eyes, down the bridge of his nose so he could give the camera a condescending, knowing look.

“Jaycee, no offense but have you been forgetting to wash the fruit off before you eat it? Every one of those names that you mentioned is your better in every way! Let’s take count, shall we? Ben Jordan?”

He held up one finger on his hand.

“Former World Heavyweight Champion, Two-time World Tag Team Champion and Roulette Champion! Not to mention the ACW Triple crown winner! What exactly have you done to even compare to those accomplishments you self-deluded asshat? Oh that’s right! Nothing!”

“Then there’s Miles Kasey, who not only is a former Roulette Champion but has  SMOKIN’ hot ass to boot! Again, no real comparison between the two of you. Ben Jordan himself, you know the guy I just spoke about? He called Miles the future of this sport. Not Jaycee – Miles.”

“Alexander Raven might not be my favorite guy in the world but the man is a former Internet AND Roulette Champion, and people are saying it’s only a matter of time before he reaches the top with the World Heavyweight title! The guy had one of the best runs as the Internet Champion and for you to think you could even rate above him… no.”

“Then there’s Peter Vaughn who I’ve already talked about, and I said enough to already prove my point where that guy is concerned. I’m not happy he had to cheat to beat me but his record so far is damn near impeccable! If I’m going to be perfectly honest, I’d say the Roulette title is holding him back but that’s just me. Vaughn could chew you up and spit you out until there wasn't enough left to make a decent lunch!”

“Then there’s Oliver Zahn, and him I am familiar with because he’s another Jet City grad. But unlike you, at least he’s going somewhere? At least he’s earning his way rather than acting like a Karen and crying out for the manager so he can get his way? Yes, he is in a spot that I wanted to be in, namely the World Mixed Tag event, but he also earned his way there. But you – Jaycee – you haven’t earned a damn thing and yet you think you’re already the next best thing! Well here’s a bit of friendly advice. A dose of ‘tough love’ if you want to call it that. Don’t worry about Ben Jordan. I don’t want you to worry about him or Raven or Miles or any of the other names that you dropped in a sad attempt at manipulating the system in order to get yourself bigger and better matches before you ever earned them. It’s me you have to worry about.”

He tapped a forefinger to his bare chest.

“All five of those men have accomplished more in SCW than I have – I can admit that. But if you’re seriously looking past me as a guaranteed win?”

Carter paused as none other than Miles Kasey, clad in nothing more than a tiny white speedo with green palm tree prints on it walks onto the scene and hands his boyfriend a drink with an umbrella in it. Carter smiles his appreciation – at both the drink and the view, before finalizing his promo. He shrugged toward the camera.

“Then I’ve already won. You’re just like any other guy who has delusions of grandeur, Jaycee. You’re suffering from what’s known as a dreaded case of the ‘Me, Me, Me’s’. You have a condition known as Entitlement, which is easily diagnosed as believing you’re owed something for doing absolutely nothing. That’s you, Jaycee. And that is why this is going to be the sweetest win – for me. I am going to love nothing more than putting your shoulders down to the mat, then sitting back and listening to you come up with every excuse in the book as to why you lost.”

He raised his glass in a toast toward the camera.

“Cheers Jaycee. Things are over for you before they even got started.”

"The bravest thing you can be is yourself."