Author Topic: JACK WASHINGTON (c) v CALVIN HARRIS - INTERNET TITLE  (Read 4226 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
JACK WASHINGTON (c) v CALVIN HARRIS - INTERNET TITLE
« on: June 19, 2023, 07:19:45 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Calvin Harris

• View Profile
A New Approach [RP1]
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 06:03:19 PM »

(OOC: It comes out to 6701 according to Google Docs! Good Luck!)

( inner monologue )

I never thought I would find myself back in the world of professional wrestling. It’s something I’ve talked about a few times before, but not nearly as in depth as maybe I should have. Pro wrestling was my first love -- until one day it wasn’t. When I entered the business all I ever wanted to do was become a champion. To the point that it was something I had obsessed over. Maybe a little too much at times. I banked my entire career on being a success on whether or not I was a champion, but not just any champion. More specifically the Heavyweight Championship. I had to reach the pinnacle of our sport.

I managed to do that. In fact the very first time I ever became the Heavyweight Champion was under the Sin City Wrestling banner. It was such an amazing feeling. I didn’t feel like I was a failure. It felt like my career meant something. However not long after I had won the championship - twice might I add - something within me changed. My love for wrestling was gone. I had no passion for it. To be blunt, I hated professional wrestling and I hated anything and everything that had to do with professional wrestling. Leading to me going off the rails in SCW and ultimately retiring for five years.

When I came back. Becoming a champion was the furthest thing on my mind. Now, I am sure somewhere in the back of my mind. It was something I did want to accomplish again, but it wasn’t an obsession like it once was. Instead my only obsession was getting back into the ring, righting the many wrongs I had committed before I retired, and proving to Sin City Wrestling. I was a better man, one that learned from his mistakes and just wanted to make amends. Over the last four or five months, I truly believe I’ve done that. I feel like I’ve accomplished something. I feel like I proved myself.

And then I found myself almost having my livelihood taken from me. To which I was given an opportunity to make what was being done to me right. Christian graciously gave me a shot at the SCW Heavyweight Championship. Yes, I failed but I was still given a shot. That shot was enough to wake something up in me. I want to one day hold that championship again, but I know I’m not ready. Not right now. I have to start at the bottom and work my way up. From the sounds of it, despite Christian or SCW knowing that. They gave me my first stepping stone at Summer XXXTreme XI.

The last time Calvin stood inside the room he was in this moment would have been a month after he left the wrestling business. All over the walls were wrestling posters and flyers he had been featured on. In some of the corners of the ring were glass cases that held championships he had held over his career. Championships such as the PAW Titans of the Midway Championship, His half of the EHWF Tag Team Championship, and of course the SCW Heavyweight Championship. In particular that’s where his real attention was. Leaning forward, hand on the glass, and just peering down at the titles in their case.

He couldn’t help but focus on this. After all, in a few weeks time Calvin would be just competing in his second championship match in less than a month. This time around it was his first chance at becoming the SCW Internet Championship. In all the years he had been with the company. He had never challenged for the Internet Championship or even the Roulette Championship. Now his chance was on the horizon. Something he was still trying to wrap his mind around. And something he was still trying to figure out how he actually felt about it. Just then his entire thought process was interrupted.

I never thought I’d see the day this room opened up again.

Hearing those words, Calvin slowly turned himself around. In doing so he found himself locking eyes with his wife.

CALVIN HARRIS: Oh yeah... I was just looking for somewhere to have some peace and quiet. Needed a me moment you know?

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: And you choose this dusty old room that smells like cheese over your man cave with your seven thousand dollar PC setup, with all the games a man could want, and a fucking keypad where you have to know the password to get in? Yeah, not buying it.

She shook her head some. A slight smirk spread across her expression. Leading to Calvin rolling his eyes a little bit before he began to step away from the glass case and taking a few steps towards her.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Care to tell the truth now? Or do I have to threaten to put a bar of soap in your mouth for lying to me like the children?

CALVIN HARRIS: I wouldn’t fucking love to see you try and put a bar of soap in my mouth.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Are you sure this is the game you want to play? With me of all people, sugar?

She eyeballed her husband up and down for a moment.

CALVIN HARRIS: Annnnyyyyywaaayyyyy.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Mhmm, that’s what I thought.

CALVIN HARRIS: It’s just that ever since I found out about this championship match at the next supercard. I’ve been having a lot of thoughts. Both positive and negative. And it’s crazy to think I haven’t held a since January of two thousand and eighteen.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Is it really that crazy to imagine? You retired. You laid on the couch like a bum for six months. Then proceeded to be in a hate professional wrestling stage for four years after that. So, failing to see how that’s so crazy to think about.

CALVIN HARRIS: You remind me every single day as to why I married you. Your ability to have empathy for people is top notch level.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: I know right? I’m kind of the greatest human being to ever exist these days if we’re just being honest with ourselves.

The smirk on Alessandra’s face was next level arrogance. Of course, it was in a light hearted nature more than anything.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Listen, you knew what you were getting into when you decided to go back into wrestling. And I told you then, you better not let a single negative thought slip into your head. Because the moment you did. This was all going to repeat itself. And as much as I love you, I don’t want to see you go through this again.

CALVIN HARRIS: Hold your horses for a second. You’re jumping the gun here, sugar. It isn’t nearly as deep as it was when I walked away five years ago. It isn’t like I hate wrestling or that I hate being part of SCW. It’s nothing like that at all.

He simply shook his head from side to side for a moment.

CALVIN HARRIS: The only real negative thoughts I’ve had is, questioning whether or not I’ve got it in me to become a champion again. This entire comeback of mine has been about respect. It’s been apart proving that I’m a different person. It’s been about proving that I’ve changed for the better. And more than anything, it’s been apart proving whether or not I could still do this.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: I love you truly, but you’re not going to convince me for even a second that you never thought about being a champion again. It’s been a while since I’ve been involved, but I’m no fool. The entire point of being involved is to be a champion. Not just any champion, but to be THE champion.

CALVIN HARRIS: Honest the god. It never crossed my mind. Not until I took on the old fuck. Then the mindset began to change some. I started to think about becoming the Heavyweight Champion for a third time in SCW. I started to think of what it would be like for me to be in that position again. But this time in such a different aspect. Being the champion that people approved of.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: As much as it’s easy for me to say go be a champion again. If that’s where your desire is right now. I can’t fully commit. After what happened a few weeks ago? The beating you took? The look on Ollie and VP’s face after seeing that he did to you? I’d rather not put our children through that again.

CALVIN HARRIS: And I’m not ready for that.

He had paused for a moment just shaking his head a little more. Being able to think back to that night against his uncle. It brought up a lot of bad memories and a lot of ill feelings. That wasn’t something he would be getting over anytime soon.

CALVIN HARRIS: Deep down, I know I’m not ready for that championship. I’m not ready for that position. I’m not ready to carry the torch again. But I know I have to start somewhere and that somewhere is with Jack Washington and the SCW Internet Championship.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Isn’t that the kid with the super punchable face?

CALVIN HARRIS: Yeah, super punchable face. Annoying voice - when he decides to use it. Maybe one of the most irritating people on the entire roster. But the kid is talented. Between those ropes he’s on another level. Between those ropes he’s as good as he says he is. I can’t deny that. He’s beaten me.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Everyone has a lucky day, Calvin. After all look at you and I. You had a lucky day when you were able to get me to agree to marry you.

CALVIN HARRIS: Funny, that’s real funny.

He slightly rolled his eyes a little at her remark. Of course she looked rather amused by her joke.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Point is, we all get lucky. You shouldn’t focus on that one loss. Punch him in the face and take his championship. Simple as that.

CALVIN HARRIS: I wish it was that simple, babe. And while I’m not really focused on the past. We’re going to have to hear for the next two weeks about how he’s already beaten me. That’s the only thing he’s going to focus on. It’s the only thing that matters to him. Jack is going to do what he can do cut my legs out from under me before we even get on that cruise ship.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Only if you allow that to happen.

CALVIN HARRIS: And that’s just it Aless. If I want to add another championship to one of these cases. I’m going to have to find a different approach. I’m going to have to go at Jack like no one has ever gone at him before. I have to expose him, tear down that ego, make him weak before we step into the ring, and then I can pick the bones. I just don’t know how I’m going to do that just yet.

He had turned himself back around to stare at the cases that held those former championships he had throughout his career. Deep in the pit of his gut, nothing would make him happier than to be champion again. It would solidify his comeback and it would show that he meant something once again in Sin City Wrestling. However the task before him wasn’t an easy one. But then again nothing you wanted in life ever came easy.

( inner monologue )

Many people would say that the match I had against my uncle is one of the biggest matches I’ve ever had. They’d certainly say, it’s the biggest match I’ve had under the SCW umbrella. However, I’d have to disagree with them. The biggest match I’ve had in SCW has yet to come. Being defeated by Michael was demoralizing. Being defeated by the piece of shit that was Crimson back in two thousand eight. That further broke the back of the camel that was on its last leg anyway. Losing the Dmitri so soon after winning the SCW Heavyweight Championship was confusing. Hell, even losing the Blast from the Past finals was a tough pill to swallow. But none of that compares to the loss to Jack.

I have gone over that match several times since it happened. I still don’t know how I allowed myself to get caught up. I still don’t know how I allowed myself to be put in that submission. I still can’t understand how I couldn’t find a way out of it. Jack is good, but he’s not that good. He’s not the overall better wrestler than me. He’s not the complete package when it comes to someone like me. Maybe that’s arrogant of me to say. But that’s truly how I feel. However the facts are the facts. He defeated me. I have that on my record, but it’s something that irritates me every single time I think about it. That’s why I view my biggest match ever to be the one coming up.

If I am as good as I am. If I am truly better than him like I believe. If I don’t think Jack is nearly as talented as people hype him up to be. This is where I have to prove it. I have to beat him. I have to expose him. I have to take that Internet Championship from him. If I don’t then I’m nothing more than a fraud. I’m nothing more than a liar. I’m nothing more than a hater at that point. And then, I’ll just become another guy on the roster. Just another name for Jack to forever say he’s better than. That’s not something I can live with. So it’s now or never for me. I don’t have a choice, but to prove my point!

Seattle weather in the summer was nothing compared to Chicago weather. Rarely saw anything about eighty five degrees. Didn’t have to sweat balls. Didn’t have to stay inside all day so one didn’t die of heat exhaustion. That’s why today when his children begged and begged to go out into the pool. Calvin didn’t have much of an issue with it. He could lay out and chill, while they had a good time. He laid there in one of the chairs by the pool with his sunglasses on, but with his eyes closed.

He could ear Ollie splashing around. He could hear VP telling him to stop. The typical banter between the two. Not to mention feeling the sun beat down on him, but it wasn’t long till he didn’t feel like that direct warmth. Not to mention it seemed with his eyes closed things were a little darker than they should be being out in the sun like that. Opening his eyes and tilting his sunglasses down. He came face to face with a smiling GUY who was leaning over the top of him.

CALVIN HARRIS: Personal space motherfucker. Have you heard of it?!

He found himself sitting up a little bit more. GUY of course backed up some. In doing so Calvin got a chance to see what this dude was wearing. It was a full on scuba suit. He knew better, he just knew better. There was no point in asking. It was going to be some silly ass answer, but at the same time he couldn’t stop himself from asking.

CALVIN HARRIS: What the hell are you wearing? And why?!

GUY: My scuba gear! I got this along with other goodies. For the both of us!

CALVIN HARRIS: I don’t need any goodies that you’re talking about. Let’s just leave it where it is!

GUY: Nonsense! We’re set to go on that cruise and I want to be prepared! As well as make sure you are prepared!

CALVIN HARRIS: Prepared for what?

GUY: Anything!

Before Calvin had a chance to say anything more. GUY turned himself around and revealed that he had a giant metal case that he had been carrying. He placed it in front of the two of them and opened it up. Inside it several things could be seen. Oxygen tanks, diving masks, snorkels, rope, and so on and so forth. Calvin looked up at GUY shaking his head some.

CALVIN HARRIS: I think you’re overreacting just a little bit here.

GUY: Overreacting?! I’ll have you know. I have seen the movie Titanic. A total of seven thousand eight hundred and sixty two and half times!

CALVIN HARRIS: A half?!

GUY: Fell asleep one time, wasn’t my proudest moment. Hope the father that is Leo forgives me!

For a brief moment GUY kissed his fingertips and then pointed to the sky. It was taking Calvin everything he had not to actually facepalm at this moment. This was just too much.

GUY: I’m not about to go on that ship with either of us unprepared. That bad boy could sink. We gotta be prepared. We may run out of alcohol at the open bar. We gotta be prepared. We might run out of snacks. We can’t have that. Gotta be prepared. And what if a shark or a whale rolls up on us? Free Willy and Sharknado ain’t about to ruin my life. We gotta be prepared!

All of this was starting to be a small headache for the Highlight of the Night. His goal and his primary focus was the Internet Championship match. Not trying to talk this man out of going over the top.

CALVIN HARRIS: You need to do me a favor. Never watch that garbage ass movie again. Burn that fucking VHS tape. That’s number one!

GUY:  *gasp* How dare you?! It’s a classic!

CALVIN HARRIS: Secondly, you need to get your head out of all this bullshit. Nothing bad is going to happen. No one is going to run out of snacks or alcohol. We’re not going to encounter Sharks or Whales. And the cruise ship isn’t going to sink. You’re getting yourself worked up for nothing.

GUY: What are you the reincarnation of Miss Cleo?! Predicting the future!

CALVIN HARRIS: No moron, I’m using logic. Something you clearly don’t know how to do. Nothing bad is going to happen. And on top of that. The only damn thing I should be focused on is this freaking title match instead of worrying about you out there making something out of nothing.

GUY: I would just very much like to point out sir. They said nothing bad could happen with the Titanic. They said it was unsinkable. They said it was the perfect voyage. And what happened?! Tragedy. That’s what happened! So, a championship match won’t mean anything. If you’re out there holding out for dear life!

CALVIN HARRIS: Guy...

GUY: ... No, I’m not listening. Just understand when it comes down to it. I won’t be telling you, I’ll never let go. Cause I definitely will let go! My life over yours!

Calvin sat there for a moment and just looked at GUY. Little on the harsh side, even for him. Yet, clearly he was that convinced.

CALVIN HARRIS: And when I turn out to be right. When nothing happens and I come home the new Internet Champion. I’m going to be expecting you to draw me like one of those french girls.

GUY: You wish. You’d never capture their beauty with all their hairy pits. No matter how much gold you’re dripped in!

CALVIN HARRIS: Uh pretty sure, that’s German women.

GUY: And after our entire conversation tonight. I’m pretty sure you’ve proven to be anything other than an intelligent human being.

Today, GUY was truly feeling himself. Far more spicy that normal. Before Calvin could say anything else though. He found himself being interrupted by his son who just happen to be hollering at the top of his lungs.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: Uncle GUY! Come swim!

CALVIN HARRIS: I think he’s got some...

Again before he could even finish his statement. GUY went sprinting across the deck and leaping into the pool in a cannon-ball fashion. A huge splash was made as Calvin was left just sitting there. Once again shaking his head from side to side. This had already been a stressful week. There was so much to think about and so much to be focused on. Yet, all Calvin was trying to do was get a little piece and quiet before the chaos really started to consume him.

( inner monologue )

That man is something else. GUY certainly means well in everything he says and does. But lord almighty is he too much to handle sometimes. Out here trying to make me think about the worst thing imaginable. Though, I guess when you think about it. You could tie in the Titanic and the entire story of it being the unsinkable ship into what I’m dealing with when it comes to Jack. This entire time I’ve been telling myself. I have to find a different approach. I have told myself I have to go at him like no one has ever gone at him before. It’s about exposing him, finding that weak point, and not letting up until he caves. I’ve got some ideas but maybe this is it too.

Jack has been described as one of the best. He’s been hyped up as someone that’s always on top of his game. You got people verbally slobbing on this man’s knob. Like he’s Johnny Sins, it’s insane. But you also had those same people over a hundred years ago talking about how great the Titanic was. From the engineer that came up with the design and was part of the process of building it. To the people that inspected the ship and said it was solid. Virtually unsinkable. Pretty much said nothing could or would go wrong when it set out to sea. To even all the thousands of people that bought a ticket to be on that voyage for the experience. They all said it was going to be a once in a lifetime experience.

And then as fucked up as it is to say. They hit an iceberg and hundreds of men, women, and children lost their lives. It turned out to be the worst mistake they had ever made. Engineers and Inspectors would be made out to be liars. It was a bad experience all around. Just like Summer XXXTreme XI is going to turn out to be a bad experience for him. Jack thinks he’s unsinkable. Jack thinks he’s unbeatable. Jack thinks there is no one on this roster that can take that Internet Championship from him. And now he’s going to run right into me. I’m going to rip through him just like an iceberg and then watch him drown.

It was just a matter of days now before everyone was expected to be reported and accounted for when it came to the cruise. Yet, as fun as that was going to be for a lot of people. More so the people that were just going to go considering they didn’t have matches. One person in particular wasn’t thinking about the fun that could be had. Instead they were all business. Cue the cameras rolling at that moment. Allowing themselves to lock on the face of none other than Calvin Harris. He stared right into the lens of the camera before breaking his silence.

Jack Washington.

A brief pause consumed the Highlight of the Night’s lips.

A few short weeks from now my man. You and I are going to be going to war over the Internet Championship smack dab in the middle of the ocean on the Princess Cruise ship. Needless to say, that's quite the unique situation. Along with that Jack, this isn’t the first time we’ve met each other. It might be the first time I’ve ever competed for the Internet Championship, but it isn’t the first time we’ve shared the ring with each other. If memory serves me correctly. You were my second match back and you were also on one of the mixed teams I faced on my way to the Blast from the Past finals.

No point in really discussing the Blast from the Past tournament. Cause why we may have beaten the team that you were on. It wasn’t me pinning you to move on. So it has no grounds. But our first match, that’s the one you made me tap out. That’s the one that you’re going to want to talk about. That’s the one that you’re going to harp on. That’s the one that you’re going to drive home over and over again until you just sound like a broken record. You’re someone that likes to live in the past. You’re someone that likes to think that the past always dictates the future. I know it, you know it, and the people know it.

That’s not how I carry myself. It never has been and it never will be, but with that being said, Jack. I think that the fans that are invested in this match deserve something different. I think the fans that want to see this match deserve to hear a new approach. Much like I think the people that have backed you this entire time, have tried to protect you, and have fed your ego like no other. I think it’s about damn time they get a new perspective on just exactly who the hell you are. Because once they see you the way that I see you. Maybe just maybe they’ll jump off the Jack Washington train to watch it crash and burn.

Calvin stood there eyeing up the cameras that were on him. It was pretty obvious that he felt some type of way towards Jack. Just the little bit that he was letting come out of him was painting a clear picture. Now whether or not that's just jealousy and bitterness or a very real side of the Highlight of the Night, that remains to be seen.

Let me get this out of the way, Jack. By no means am I bitter or jaded that you defeated me in our first meeting. Do I think you’re truly better than me? No, but that doesn’t matter. Because on that night. You were better than me. You were able to hold your own. You did take me to my limit. In the end it all worked out for you. Congratulations homie. Hold onto that one win over me like your life depends on it as much as you want. Because before long it’s just going to be a very distant memory. Nah, what I am truly bitter about. What I am truly jaded about. What without a doubt gets under my skin is how people perceive you. I touched on this just a little bit at Climax Control...

But it’s time to really dive deep into it. You are described by multiple people around here as ONE OF THE BEST superstars on the roster. All the time it is mentioned about how young you are. How fast you are. How physically gifted you are. How strong you are. How you are so-so good in the ring. Not to mention all the times that people have mentioned your accomplishments. How quickly you rose in the ranks. How you’ve taken on some of the best and made light work of them. Dude, you’ve been getting the verbal blow job for quite sometime. But I don’t get it. I mean I don’t get it.

There was a slight shake of his head a little bit. The puzzled look on his face further backed up his point.

How can you be one of the best things around here when it’s so rare that you are heard from? Sure, you get booked. You show up. You wrestle. You win. Then you crawl back into your hole. It’s so rare that you show up to a show that you aren’t booked on. You know, to scout the talent. To see the competition. To constantly stay up on your game. Hell, even if your ego is that big that you don’t seem to think you need to do those things, Jacky Boy. How come you don’t show up just to boast? How come you don’t show up on those shows where you aren’t booked to just remind everyone you’re the Internet Champion? To remind everyone how good you are.

It goes even deeper than that. How can they say you’re one of the best and you represent the company so goddamn well. Yet, we never see you on a podcast putting the company or even yourself over. You don’t do meet and greets. You don’t do press conferences. You don’t sign autographs. You don’t do anything extra for this company. You’re just someone that shows up when you see your name on the card and it blows my fucking mind. How can anyone take you seriously with that approach? Cause, I know I don’t. Why should I see you as something special? When in reality, you’re just a twenty something year old kid with an ego all because he’s won some matches being a PART TIME BITCH on the roster!

Calvin took a second to let those words register. It was becoming quite clear that this man was taking a different approach than the first time they met one another. Maybe, this went back to what he said at Climax Control. That he learned from his mistakes, but at the same time. One would have to wonder how this would help him any when he stepped into the ring.

Now what’s the point of exposing you in this light, Jack? Is that what's going through your mind? Is that what's going through the minds of everyone supporting you? What’s the overall goal? What’s it going to prove? Well, it’s definitely going to prove that you’re not nearly as invested in Sin City Wrestling as everyone likes to think. It’s also foreshadowing what’s going to happen when I beat you at Summer XXXTreme. You’re so uninvested now. If you were to say you were done. You got out of your deal. Took your ball and went home. Never to be seen again in SCW. It wouldn’t do much to the company. Your supporters might think it would hinder SCW, but after about a week. They’d see otherwise. It would be no different than on the weeks you weren’t set to compete. Your presence wouldn’t be missed. You wouldn’t hold the company up in any way, shape, or form. You would have no true effect on SCW, and if you were as good as everyone says or everyone believes. Including yourself. Then SCW would have a hard time without you. They’d be struggling, but considering that’s not the case. It’s crystal clear. You ain’t shit, pal. You’re very easily replaceable.

For the first time since Calvin had come back. There was a small glimmer of that former ego that he once had. Now, that wasn’t a road he was looking to head down. All of that was in his past as far as he was concerned, but at the same time. He felt like he was in a position where the truth had to be told. Even if that didn’t make him very favorable for a moment.

Sometimes Jack, the truth hurts. It’s something that people have a hard time grasping and understanding. As well as coming to terms with. That’s a period you’ll go through along with your supporters. But more than anything, I think it’s about DAMN time that Sin City Wrestling has a champion they can be proud of and a champion that’s going to be here for them. Right now you got my piece of shit Uncle running around here as the Heavyweight Champion. The man is literally ruining the legacy of that championship. Just taking a massive shit all over and there doesn’t seem like anything can be done about it. He keeps bending the rules and finding a way to keep it where its at. Cheapening the fans every step of the way and that isn’t right. Then there’s the Roulette Champion and the entire division.

I don’t really have a bad word to say about Peter and I respect the division, but I will say. It’s kind of hard to be the champion of this company and be a champion for the people when that championship changes hands quite a bit. All because of the rules of the division. I mean that shit can change hands sometimes like people changing their underwear. It’s wild. But at the same time it’s a risk you take. Kind of heard to root for someone when you know one bad stipulation draw and it can all end because of that. One week, the person you’re rooting for the hardest gets the win and the next week it’s all over because they had to fight in a ladder instead of a submission match. Just difficult is what I’m getting at. Which leaves just the Internet Championship that you are more or less holding hostage at this point, Jack. You aren’t being the champion people need or deserve.

Keeping his eyes locked on the cameras. It was clear that Calvin was out to set an example as well as make an example out of the man he was set to face off with. Certainly doing himself no favors in how Jack might view him, but at the same time it was clear that wasn’t something he cared about.

And while you might not believe anything that is coming out of my mouth. While your ego is going to cloud your better judgment. Soon enough, you’re going to find out that what I am saying is the truth. You do not deserve the gold. You are not something that represents this company well. You are not the complete package that so many have convinced you that you were. Nah, the moment the two of us finally meet at Summer XXXTreme. I am going to hand you an ass whooping that is long overdue.

I’m going to take that Internet Championship from you. I’m going to then be the champion that SCW needs and that SCW deserves. I’m talking more and more title defenses. Might even be something where I hold an open challenge for it every week. Might just talk to Mark and Christian about allowing me to defend it every week. The possibilities are endless. I’m talking about being a champion that shows up every week. Whether I’m on the show or not.

A champion that’s going out of his way to meet and greets. A champion that’s going out of his way to make the fans feel like they’re a part of something. A champion that has no problem doing sit down interviews, promoting the brand, the company, and himself. A champion doing all the media without hesitation. A champion that’s going to be proud to partake of charity events. Simply put Jack. I’m going to put your current reign to shame and every other reign you’ve ever had. I’ll make damn sure I go down in SCW history as a better champion, a better wrestler, and a better man than you ever were.

A smug little smirk was on the expression of the Highlight of the Night. Calvin had made it clear this was a hill he was willing to die on. For the sake of proving his point and providing better for Sin City Wrestling as a whole company. Taking one last look at the cameras to speak his final words.

I would say that I’m actually looking forward to your rebuttal now that you’ve been called out for doing a lousy job as the Internet Champion, for being called out for not being as good as you’ve been called, and for not being the better wrestler out of the two of us but I can’t. Considering that when you do get around to a rebuttal, it’ll be at the last minute, filled with the same old bullshit, and with no passion behind it. You’re a joke, Jack. But I guess the one thing you can take away from this. At least you’ll have one last defining career moment before you fall into that hole of yours for good. You get to be part of the Highlight of the Night, courtesy of yours truly!

The smug expression on his lips stayed in place for a second or two longer. Before he found himself stepping out of the view of the cameras. Leading to the scene fading out. From this moment the line in the sand had been drawn. Matter of fact, it was a situation where Calvin might have even crossed said line, but it was for the sake of the company. It was for the sake of the Internet Championship. It was for the sake of the fans. Either Jack could set out to prove him wrong or end up proving him right. No matter what Calvin was dead set on becoming the new Internet Champion!

( inner monologue )

I’m not stupid. Not even in the slightest bit.

I’m more than aware when that promo got around to Jack. When that promo got around to a lot of others. People were going to be quick to make me out to be the bad guy. They were going to try and say that I’m going off the rails again. They’re going to attempt to paint me as this horrible person that’s going back to my old ways. That’s fine. It’s their right to feel how they do and to come up with whatever conclusions they want to come up with. However it doesn’t change the fact that they are very much wrong. About as wrong as people could be.

I have no desire to be that hold verison of myself. It’s not going to do me any favors. And why would I want to be him again? After all this time I’ve been preaching about growth and being a better person. It would contradict everything I’ve been saying. As well as everything I’ve been doing. All this truly was, is finding a different route. It goes back to what I’ve been saying. I had to go at Jack in a way no one has gone at him before. I had to find those weak points. I had to find a way to expose him. I had to find a way to bring him down in size.

More importantly, I had to find a way to bruise that ego a little and to get inside his head. It’s the only chance I have to become the new Internet Champion. Not very many people are ever going to know what it feels like to have an ego like Jack’s and have someone bruise it. Not many are going to know what it’s like to have all these people tell you how good you are, you buy into it, and then someone attacks you by pointing out your flaws. Not many people are going to know what it feels like to be sitting on top of a throne. Then having someone tell you. You aren’t good enough. You aren’t doing enough.

Sure, it might not be something that Jack publicly addresses. He may not even put any focus on what I said at all. But it doesn’t change the fact I know I’ve gotten inside that head of his. I know for a fact that I’ve made him question some things. Maybe even made him question himself. Essentially as far as I’m concerned by doing that. I’ve very much managed to win half the war already between the two of us. I just have to be the one to make the most of it when we finally find ourselves standing across the ring from each other. And trust me, I’m not going to take the route I did or come this far just to lose!

Offline Jack Washington

• View Profile
    • Jack Washington
Re: JACK WASHINGTON (c) v CALVIN HARRIS - INTERNET TITLE
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 12:24:37 AM »
Prologue:

Jack was successful in his champion vs. champion match against Peter Vaughn, which allowed him to watch with great interest last week when the contender for his Internet championship was named, and it ended up being Calvin Harris. Jack now prepares, even as he is not happy with the entire concept of the Summer XXXtreme cruise, but he is scheduled to be there, and will be defending his title.

Outside the ring, Jack returns from a trip back to Philadelphia, where seemingly, all was forgiven with his past and he seemingly can return without any consequences, as was said to him by the new figure head in a man named “DeCosta”. Jack was highly suspicious of this and didn’t seem to take too kindly to this news, but then again, he didn’t believe it anyway. The questions remain about DeCosta and the rest of the people from Philadelphia’s venture into Las Vegas, and what effect it will have on Jack in the future.

--

Washington Estate

Las Vegas, NV

Jack, Brian, and Jason all sat at the kitchen table in an uncomfortable silence. Jack was seemingly waiting for a response from either of them, Brian appeared to be in thought, and Jason was doing the same. Jack was cracking his knuckles and fingers with one hand and looking at the two of them. After about 10 seconds, Jason lurched forward in his chair, but Brian was the one who spoke up.

Brian: So that’s it, huh?

Jack: That’s what was said.

Brian: It certainly sounds legit, but yeah, you’re right, something is up with that.

Jack: You get that feeling too?

Brian: I do.

Jack: What about you, Jay?

Jason: I don’t know, bro. I wasn’t involved in that. I left before dad died.

Jack: But you can see how this is odd, though, right?

Jason: Yeah. I was in the Army; I know that a lot of times I’ve walked into situations I did not like.

Jack: So, what do you think?

Jason: It doesn’t smell right.

Brian: Jason is correct, but maybe that’s the idea here. They have to know we’re going to have this conversation and weigh our options. They put all the pressure on us. It’s either they think we’re scared and we won’t come back, or we think we’re in the clear and we do come back and then that is when they hit us.

Jack: Yeah, seems like it. 

Jason looks confused for a moment, before raising a hand as if he’s asking a question.

Jason: But... do we NEED to go back?

Jack: …

Brian: It would be nice to not have to worry about it.

Jason: I’m just saying... why?

Jack: It’s our home, it’s where we grew up.

Jason: And we got kicked out. Our whole family did. And you know what? We started over again. We came out here. You did, bro. You made THIS place our home. Vegas. We’ve got everything we need here. We don’t need home. We don’t need to go back there. Especially when it’s a place we aren’t even wanted, and we can’t even trust that we’re not gonna get our heads blown off if we step foot there.

Brian looks over at Jack and his face molds into one of thinking about Jason’s words and understanding them.

Brian: You know, Stick, he’s got a point.

Jack: Yeah... he does.

Jason: I know that it’s where we were born and raised. I get that man, but for real, we got it all, here. 

Jason shrugs and Jack and Brian look at each other and nod.

Jack: I think then it’s settled. 

Brian: You sure you want to leave all that behind?

Jack: The only thing tying me, hell, tying US to Philadelphia is our mother and she’s not going anyplace. I know it sounds al ittle harsh but... I think it is time we do leave that all behind. What more can we really do in Philly though, you know? Jay makes a good point.

Brian: Well, I guess that settles that then. 

Jack: I think we really just need to leave all that alone. We started over, like Jay said. 

Jason: I think we’ve done pretty well without them.

Jack: We have. So much so that they came out here to check on us. If anything, THEY are scared of what WE have become. Because we didn’t need them. Holy shit that makes so much sense now. Of course Anthony came out here to check it all out. They are worried we don’t need them. 

Jason: Makes sense to me. I don’t think they thought we would make it out here. And now, bam, we made it and they are upset. They’re worried. They’re scared even.

Jack stood up, actually fired up by Jason’s words.

Jack: Fuck yeah. They are scared of us. Scared we’re going to rebuild the empire we had back ho- Back in Philly. That’s what this is! Holy shit it’s like I’m seeing thigns clearly for the first time in a long time. We don’t need them. They need us. 

Jack rushed to the kitchen area and retrieved three shot glasses and poured himself and his family drinks. Jason looked at him and down at the drink.

Jason: Bro, you know I can’t do booze.

Jack: Ah... shit, that’s right. My bad. 

Jason waved it away.

Jason: It’s all good.

Jack looked to possibly remove the glass, but Brian put his hand over the glass and smiled.

Brian: We don’t waste good Jack around here.

Jack: Ha. 

Jack grabbed his glass, and Brian was double-fisting the other two. 

Jack: To us. Beating the odds.

Jack and Brian of course drank their shots down. Brian doing his one right after the other. Jack nodded, as there was cause for celebration apparently, but Brian stood up and held up a finger.

Brian: Uh, you do know that they’ve still got people here now.

Jack: … Really?

Brian: Yeah. And right now we put them on the standing orders that if anybody claiming they want to see you that they are turned away without official credentials. And they keep trying. But now they are just trying to get in. So we have that to deal with as well. I’m not sure what you want to do about it now.

Jack pondered this for a few moments, and then poured himself another drink and looked at Jason, and then at Brian.

Jack: I think we should extend them the same hospitality they extended to us.

Brian: Really?

Jack: Yeah, this is where we can test them. Turn the tables. Let them in from now on. We’ll see what they’re about.

Brian: You know that could be a problem.

Jack: Yeah, it could. But if DeCosta’s word means anything and it’s worth a shit, then it doesn’t matter, we shouldn’t have anything to fear. And unless 20 guys come in here, they’re not going to do anything because they don’t have the numbers. They will never have the numbers. So yeah, they want to come in, let them come in.

Brian: Look who’s developing those brass balls...

Jack: Well, I’m sure you’ll be able to handle it. I have to pack for this stupid ass cruise again.

Brian: Already?

Jack: Don’t remind me how stupid this thing is.

Brian: Do they at least let you fish?

Jack … I don’t know. 

Brian: Take the pole, what are they gonna do, throw you overboard?

Jack: Shit, that just might be the one saving grace I have going onto that boat.

Jason: Ocean fishing is something else though.

Jack: I’ll look into it. But you may have just made this cruise bearable.

Brian: Oh, and don’t worry, we’ll hold down the fort until you get back...

Jack: I’m sure you will.

--

On Camera:

Click.

Jack wears a smug grin as he breathes on the Internet championship draped over his shoulder as he polishes it with his sleeve. He then looks around as if listening for something before starting.

Jack: Is someone going to pick up that phone ringing because I called it! I told you all I would beat Peter Vaughn and I did just that. I told you I was going to remove that blemish and I did that, and now I can move on and hopefully never deal with Peter again. I did what I said I was going to do, much like I pretty much always do, and I moved forward. It isn’t a hard concept, but you know how it goes, everywhere, there’s some haters. People just try to bring me down because they hate me, because they can’t do it like me.

If I sound like a broken record, that’s because I have to continue to drive this point home every chance I get. Because it’s just getting old on my end as well, to listen to people time after time, swear up and down they are going to shut me up, or prove me wrong, and time and again, they fail. They can’t do it, and then what happens, they get opportunities and I get whatever is left. I mean, people are just getting random world title match again, and I am stuck having to wrestle against Peter Vaughn, and I couldn’t even be a double champion. Didn’t even get that chance. 

But then again, it’s not like I wanted this Internet title to begin with anyway. This was a consolation prize that I would have thrown away if Bobbie and I won the Blast from the Past. 100%. I wouldn’t have had any use for the Roulette title, except to add to my list of accomplishments. But I would have instantly elevated it and made it unreachable for those stuck in that division anyway, so in a way, it’s a blessing in disguise. I don’t have to deal with that, and I can stick with this Internet championship.

It’s been a long time, hasn’t it? People are already tired of seeing me as the champion, but as I’ve said many, many times, I’m the best around here. I’m the face of this franchise. You may be tired of seeing me at the top, but it’s gonna be a LONG, LONG TIME before anybody comes and knocks me off it. It’s just a shame that we’re giving the two guys who need to be in a retirement home a world title match so we can all have one stupid nostalgia thing going on here. But you should be thanking me, because I’ve already made the Internet title far more important.

You can watch the senior’s tour, but the internet title is where it’s at. The only downside to my next successful defense, is that it’s going to happen on that stupid cruise ship where all the bratty kids and they chunk parents are going to be way to damn close to me and with try and get their grubby, sweaty mitts all over my gold and me. I should be paid more for dealing with it. 

Actually, that’s not the only downside. Having to defend it against someone like Calvin Harris is a huge downside. Not because he’s good, or a threat or anything, but because it’s a waste of my time.

Jack smugly looks at the camera and shakes his head thinking about his upcoming opponent.

Jack: Yes, Calvin, I called you a waste of my time because you are doing the same dumb shit that Alexander Raven did. You want to win over me. You want to even the score. You want to reclaim your honor, or whatever bullshit you’ve convinced yourself is a good enough reason. You know good and well you are not on my level. Didn’t you just randomly, out of nowhere, without any good reason get a world title match you didn’t deserve or earn? And didn’t you lose to an old man? 

So now you think you’re just going to walk onto this cruise and beat ME? Really? I don’t know what wild hair you got up your ass, but this isn’t the best way to go about this, chief. What you’re doing right now? That’s not it. After I already handed you your ass once, you want your win back? You’re gonna train extra hard aren’t you? Gonna dig down deep and pump yourself up real hard to get your win back? You want this win back, you NEED this win back!

And guess what? I. DON’T. CARE.

You’ve already started this the wrong way Calvin. You see, you’re trying to beat me, you didn’t even mention in your stupid little tweet about this gold I’m carrying. You see, your focus should be on this shiny piece of gold. You should be trying to actually do something with your SCW career as opposed to just hanging around and collecting a paycheck. At least then it wouldn’t be so sad to watch you on TV every week for no good reason.

But no, you get on TV, and you blather on about this and that and you really think you are interesting enough to do so. Nobody cares what you think, or what you randomly get. The only thing you’ve done of note is fluke you way into this title match. It makes me sick that people like you just soak up so much oxygen with your bullshit.

This championship could be the start of something good for you. It could be the next step for you. But instead of actually worrying about that, you want a win back. You want to get revenge. Please, why don’t you ask Alexander Raven how that worked out for him. Ask the folks who try again and again. Ask the people who pray for my downfall on a daily basis.

They all fail. And you will too. Your focus is on the wrong thing. But then again, maybe that’s because you understand that you aren’t championship material in the first place. Maybe you just want the win by hoping I won’t show up. And you know, this IS the show where that could happen. I don’t like this cruise, I’ve never liked this cruise and the least amount of time I spend on this ship, the better. That, my guy is literally the ONLY chance that you can win. I just miss the boat, or I don’t want to come out or something like that. I mean, if you want the win that badly, I can just smash you with a chair or kick you in your baby nuts and then you can have your win.

Otherwise, the moment I step foot on that ship, you’ve already lost.

Jack shrugs.

Jack: But since this title wasn’t what you wanted to mention until last Sunday, that’s why I’m calling it a waste of my time. You, much like Raven, think that this is about revenge on me. If that’s your focus, you’ve already lost. You should be thinking about winning this title, but what happens when you lose Calvin? Will you take the high road like Raven and actually give me the respect I’ve earned? Or will you be clamoring for another chance and another failed attempt? Please, do us all a favor and just accept the fact that I am, what I say I am. 

Because all Summer XXXtreme is going to do is prove that you are not that guy. You are not that guy, you are simply A guy. You just exist on the roster. That’s it. They’ll parade you around like you’re something from time to time, but at the end of the day, you’re not anything special. I’ve proven it once, and I can very easily do it again. It’s just that simple for me. I can take people out, much like you, any time I want to. You know why? Because I’m easily able to live rent free inside people’s heads. I do that for a living. I talk a lot of shit. I’ve done just now, Calvin. But you know what the difference is between me and everyone else? 

I back it up.

I have done that since day one. DAY. FUCKING. ONE. I’ve talked a big game, and I have not one, but two world title reigns, and two Internet championship reigns. I have beaten legends, hall of famers, and chumps like you since day one. I am the present, and future of this company, and you are along for the ride. That’s the difference between me and you, Calvin. You don’t have to like it, most people don’t, but at the end of the day, you will accept it, because you won’t have any other choice after you lose at Summer XXXtreme.

How many times will it take you, Calvin? How many losses will you take before it sinks in? And the real funny part about all this is, you brought it on yourself. You didn’t have to say anything or tweet anything about getting a win back or anything like that. You could have simply said I’m trying to win this title, and really make a name for yourself here, but instead, you’re focused on me. The title is secondary and you are an idiot for thinking so.

So, you will have nobody but yourself to blame after Summer XXXtreme is over and you’ve got the sad puppy dog eyes and that big plate of humiliation when you come back ashore with no titles, another big fat L on your record and feeling like complete shit after I beat the hell out of you. If you think that being hell-bent on revenge is going to beat me, you’ve got a lot to learn. But don’t worry I’ll give the lesson you so richly deserve on the cruise.

Jack turns, but then turns back, his face now stern and annoyed instead of the smug grin.

Jack: And by the way, don’t ever in your life call me “Kid.” ever again. Especially after I’ve already handed you your ass once. If you keep that shit up, by the end of this cruise, you will call me “Sir”. You will fall in line like everybody else. And then, once this is over, I will move on, and you will fall back into place at the bottom of the barrel where you belong. I hope you got something better than this. Because if this is the best you can do, I’m going to fucking eat you alive, at Summer XXXtreme 

I will beat the respect I deserve out of you, Calvin. There’s no two ways about it. You’re going to lose, and then you will have no choice but to give me what I’ve earned. 

If you don’t respect me now, trust me, you fucking WILL after Summer XXXtreme. 

Bet on it.

Jack stares intently into the camera as we fade to black

Click.

FACE. OF. THE. FRANCHISE.

Offline Calvin Harris

• View Profile
Just As I Expected [RP2]
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 09:49:36 PM »

( Here's rp #2. According to Google, it's 6,884 words. Good luck! )

( inner monologue )

We’re now in the week of Summer XXXTreme. I’ve gotten the chance to sit back and take people’s opinions in on this match coming up. I’ve gotten the chance to sit back and hear what Jack had to say. I’ve got the chance to really soak everything in. And with that being said, I can’t say that I am surprised by what I have heard. Don’t get me wrong, I am super thankful that the fans are starting to come around. I’m super thankful that they’re giving me a second chance, warming up to me, and giving me that energy I need when I’m out in the ring. I didn’t think it was something that would ever happen. Now that it’s their fault by any means. I did a lot of damage to my reputation once upon a time.

But it’s nice to have them in my corner, even though it seems like no one else is. It’s all over the dirt sheets. It’s talked about in small circles backstage. No one is rooting for me. No one is pulling for me. No one thinks I’ll be leaving with the victory or the Internet Championship. Now is that because they still haven’t forgiven me for the past? Or is it because they all believe in Jack that much? I guess it’s subjective to who the person is saying that. I am more than sure there are a lot of people holding grudges, but at the same time I am sure there are quite a few people that believe in Jack. After all, it’s hard to really deny the tear the man has been on.

But to sit there and constantly discredit me? Or to not give me the respect I feel like I deserve as far as being a wrestler goes? I have to say that gets under my skin a little. People are allowed to have their opinions, but damn. It sucks when I’m out here giving it my all and no one wants to give me any credit. That’s fine. I’m just going to have to dig down really deep. I’m going to have to pull something out of me they haven’t seen before. I’m going to have to be at my best come Summer XXXTreme. It’s a challenge I think I can overcome. But as far as all the things that Jack had to say about me? Oh, that’s going to be fun. Real fun getting to. Because, I’m about to expose this man and expose all his groupies.

FLASHBACK [ 2006 ]

Calvin laid there in a pool of his own sweat. He was exhausted. He could barely feel his legs. His heart felt like it was going to pound right out of his chest. To say this man was physically spent was a bit of an understatement. He had been pushed far past his physical limitations. On the ring apron stood both his uncle and his father. The two of them just looked down at him. Shaking their heads in unison.

LUCAS HARRIS: Get up boy. You’re not done yet.

Although, Calvin could hear those words. His body was doing the exact opposite of what he was being told to do. He rolled himself over and tried to get to his feet. His legs were like jello, he felt them giving out from under him as he stood up. Causing him to fall back down. An instant loud sigh of disappointment could be heard from his uncle.

MICHAEL HARRIS: You asked me to take a day away from my tour to come help you train your kid? It’s day one and he can barely stand up after a few drills?!

LUCAS HARRIS: Come on Mike. Cut him some slack. This is his first time being in a ring. This wasn’t the first thing he wanted to do in life. College just didn’t come calling with those basketball scholarships like we all hoped.

MICHAEL HARRIS: And why do you think that is? Clearly no college saw him to be an athlete. No college saw him to be a star. Nothing about his game was different from anyone else. Nothing about him screamed championship material.

LUCAS HARRIS: Hey watch your tongue! That’s my son and your nephew you’re talking about here!

By that point Calvin had gotten to his feet with the help of the ropes. He had heard some of what was being said about him, but before he could even try to defend himself as the young mouthy eighteen year old he was. He watched his father grab his uncle and begin to walk away from the ring with him.

LUCAS HARRIS: What the hell is wrong with you?!

MICHAEL HARRIS: Nothing is wrong with me. What the hell is wrong with you?!

LUCAS HARRIS: How are you going to just go in on him like that, man?

MICHAEL HARRIS: Because I don’t sugar coat shit. I don’t tip toe around anyone or anything. I didn’t make it as far as I have in this business by protecting people’s feelings. I’m not about to start now, blood related or not.

LUCAS HARRIS: I’m asking you to help me train my son. Not for you to treat him like he’s nothing. I get your mindset but light the fuck up.

MICHAEL HARRIS: No!

There was a very brief stare down between the two.

MICHAEL HARRIS: And this might hurt your feelings while we’re at it. However, you’re asking me to help train your kid. Because you know without me. He’s going to be nothing, just like you were nothing. You tried to follow in my footsteps and turned out to be a flop. You don’t want that for him. You want him to be better than you. So you came to the right man. But everything I’ve seen out of that kid today has told me I’m just wasting my time.

Calvin stood there leaning against the ropes. Although they had walked away, it didn’t exactly prevent him from the things that were being said about him. He was trying not to let it get to him, but to hear that come from his uncle. Someone he looked up to. It cut deep.

MICHAEL HARRIS: I’m a multi world champion already. I’m a first ballot Hall of Famer when my career is over. And you want me to stick my neck out on the line for your son? My nephew? Just because we’re family. You want me to risk my name being tarnished by saying: “oh yeah, I trained that kid”. Lucas, you have lost your fucking mind. I’m not doing that. Not for you, him, or anyone else. That kid isn’t a champion. He will enter this business and never do anything worthwhile. For crying out loud Lucas. His own mother didn’t want him, because she knew when she first held the boy he wouldn’t be shit. I’m pulling out now, it’s better for me in the long run. And you know me, I have to put numero uno first.

Not another word said, Michael simply turned and walked away from his brother. Walking towards the front door of the warehouse and right out said door. Lucas stood there for a second or two in shock and disbelief. Another reminder than when it came to the Harris name. Family really wasn’t shit. He turned around to head back towards Calvin and as he was doing so, an angry Calvin was already marching for the door that Michael walked out. Quickly, his father intercepted him. Blocking him from getting past.

LUCAS HARRIS: Calvin! Stop! Stop it right now!

CALVIN HARRIS: No fuck him!

LUCAS HARRIS: Pay no attention to him. He just likes to push buttons, you know that.

CALVIN HARRIS: One of these days. One of these days, I’m going to find him in that ring and I’m going to beat the living shit out of him. I’ll show him I’m better than he thinks. I’ll go down in wrestling better than he is. I’ll win championship after championship. I got championship DNA in me. Just you wait and see, pops. Just you wait and see!

Holding back the strength of an eighteen year old when they were going through it with their emotions wasn’t the easiest thing to do. Yet, Lucas managed to hold on until Calvin gave up on that fight. He backed up some and just fell against the side of the ring. Still clearly very much tired and out of it from the drills. His father dropped down to one knee and put a hand on Calvin’s shoulder. Looking him in the eyes as he spoke.

LUCAS HARRIS: I want you to listen to me and I want you to listen good.

CALVIN HARRIS: What? I’m listening.

LUCAS HARRIS: Don’t let what he said get to you. If this is something you want, then goddamnit. I’m going to do everything I can to get you there. I’m going to do everything I can to make sure you make it in wrestling and that you’re a success. But do not start thinking like him. Accolades aren’t everything. Money isn’t everything. And championships damn sure aren’t everything. You can be a success in this business by being one of the best wrestlers in the world. In the end that holds up a hell of a lot more than being a fifty time champion.

CALVIN HARRIS: I don’t believe that. You really expect me to believe that people are going to love me more in this business if I never win a championship?

LUCAS HARRIS: I would never lie to you, my son. I’m telling you that you can be a success and go down in history as being one of the best, but never hold a championship.  But at the same time there is nothing wrong with wanting to hold gold and have that kind of success. I just don’t want you to be like him and make it your entire personality.

He heard everything that his father was saying, but at the same time after hearing everything that his uncle had said. It was conflicting. He was having a hard time really separating the two and focusing on which one was more important. He just looked at his father briefly.

CALVIN HARRIS: I can’t promise you anything. I’ll just do whatever I feel is right.

This was just day one. Calvin had months and months to go with training before he was able to even be a wrestler. He had years and years to go before he even really found a groove in the business. A lot of work to be done but for him at the age he is now. To be that determined, to be that focused, and to have that type of confidence in himself. It had to say a lot about him as a person. Means maybe his uncle might have been wrong about him already, but only time would see how it turned out with his career.

PRESENT DAY

Bright and early is how this morning was starting off with Calvin. Early enough the man actually needed coffee in order to get through his day. And the reason for that is he was sitting in a radio studio. Moments away from going live for an interview. He had lived all this time in Seattle and never had been bothered once for one of things, but now he was back into wrestling actively. Offers have just been piling in, today just seemed fitting to do so. That’s when the host of radio station began to speak.

DJ RAYMOND: Ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for welcoming me back into your space with the sweet sounds coming from 97.5. All morning, I’ve been telling you. We had a little bit of a surprise for you and that time has come. Sitting across from here in the studio is pro wrestling sensation, Calvin Harris. Have to thank you for agreeing to appear on the show this morning. How are you feeling?!

CALVIN HARRIS: Gotta be real with you man. I can’t tell you the last time I have been up this early. Maybe when my youngest was still in diapers. This is an adjustment, haha. But nevertheless, thanks for having me on the show. Crazy to think I’ve lived in the city for close to eight years now. Not one time have I been invited until the last couple of months.

DJ RAYMOND: Well, we tried to reach out a few years ago. Not long after you retired, but we were told that you likely wouldn’t appear. Especially if it had anything to do with talking about wrestling or talking about your career.

CALVIN HARRIS: Whomever you got your information from. Saved you a bunch, cause they were much correct. Five years ago, you would have gotten brutally cussed out for even asking me a single question wrestling related.

There was a brief chuckle from the Highlight of the Night.

CALVIN HARRIS: But a lot has changed over the last years. As you mentioned I’ve returned to the ring in the last couple of months. I’m more open to talking about wrestling now more than ever. So whatever you have on your mind. Lay it on me man. I’m ready to go.

DJ RAYMOND: First thing is first, it was brought to my attention before you came in this morning that you’re actually running a pretty successful wrestling school out here in Seattle. Can you tell me about that? What's it been like? How are things going there?

CALVIN HARRIS: Oh man. I would have to say that’s one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done. Of course right behind being a husband and a father. When I started school, I did it as a way to give back to wrestling. This was right before I went on a five year hiatus. But it wasn’t what it is today. Then it was just helping pro wrestlers that existed just get better at their craft and what they knew. Then, I took the hiatus. About three years into the Hiatus. I brought the school back to life, but this time with a new mindset and breathed some new life into it. I wanted to help train the next generation. So far, it’s been an amazing and very fulfilling thing. I’m proud of every kid that's come before me. I’m glad I’m able to give back, which is a lot more than some “vets” in this business will do.

DJ RAYMOND: I have to commend you for doing such a thing. Because as a wrestling fan, I have heard nightmare stories about wrestling legends and vets not wanting to give back or share any kind of knowledge. That being said, let’s talk about what you got going on currently. Next weekend, you’re going to be competing in a big championship match. If my information is correct, it’s a SCW Internet Championship match against a man by the name of Jack Washington. First question I have is... How does it feel to be in a championship match after such a long hiatus?

CALVIN HARRIS: Technically, this is my second championship match being back. That one didn’t turn out so well. Not even in the least bit. Lead to quite a few stables in my head.

Once again there was a little chuckle from Calvin. Making reference to that SCW Heavyweight Championship match he had a few weeks ago against his Uncle.

CALVIN HARRIS: You know as a child. It was instilled in my head by my father that championships went everything. Now I don’t take a lot of lessons from that man. I can say at least that’s one I did take from him and I’m proud I did. Because you can be a great wrestler. You can have match of the year after match of the year. You can be one of the most polarizing figures in wrestling, without ever having a championship to your name.

I won’t lie, it took me a while to learn that lesson. Early on in my career, I lived and died by championships and accolades. I felt like I was a failure if I didn’t have something. Kind of the same mindset I think Jack carries himself with. But the difference between us is I eventually got out of that mindset and I can say I truly believe I am one of the best between those ropes. Championship to my name or not.

DJ RAYMOND: Interesting. You say that you think Jack lives by that mindset. Championship or bust. Do you care to elaborate on that anymore?

CALVIN HARRIS: I kind of think it says everything it needs to say. Very self explanatory if you ask me. But it’s no secret at this point there is no love lost between myself and Jack. Things are going to get very heated, very soon between us. I’ve got some rounds in the chamber that I’m going to be shooting live at Summer XXXTreme. But with that being said, Jack carries himself like he’s the best. Like he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Only way he can have that type of ego this early in his career is by having a championship. Man’s ran through the SCW roster on a couple different occasions. Got some championship glory to his name. Yet, he hasn’t had to be himself or had to prove himself a whole lot without gold around his waist. So therefore that’s when the mindset comes in. As long as he keeps the championship, it forever tells people that he’s the best and that’s all that matters to him. He’s got a ride awakening coming.

DJ RAYMOND: Is that your way of telling people they should tune into SCW’s Summer XXXTreme to see you become the new Internet Champion?

CALVIN HARRIS: Nah, that’s my way of telling you. It doesn’t matter if the championship is on the line or not. This is going to be one hell of a match and it’s going to be a match where I expose Jack Washington in front of all of the SCW universe to be the fraud he’s always been in. But of course, you should tune into Summer XXXTreme regardless. It’s going to be one hell of a show. Might even be the best damn show of the entire year.

DJ RAYMOND: Well, unfortunately man. I’m getting the signal that we got to wrap this up. It was an honor to talk to you here today. Myself and the rest of the crew here at 97.5 wish you the best of luck next week in your championship match.

CALVIN HARRIS: Appreciate it man! Thanks for having me!

Following those words, the show went off air as it went to the music break. Calvin stood up from where he was seated and reached across the table shaking hands with the host. Before walking out of the room. He had once again fulfilled one of his media appearances. More than the Internet Champion, Jack Washington did these days. However the days were really starting to count down. It was time for the Highlight of the Night to get in that mindset he needed to be in. To not only defeat Jack but to go forward in SCW as their Internet Champion.

Damn, it was hot out. The sun was beating down on the back of Calvin’s neck as he dragged his suitcase and duffle bag across the ramp that was leading up to the cruise ship. Right to the right of him was none other than GUY himself. Who for whatever reason decided to go bare chest with the tiniest little swimmer trunks on. Calvin just looked over at him for a brief moment and shook his head.

CALVIN HARRIS: Bro, why in the hell did you not put on clothes?!

GUY: Sir! These are clothes! I’m not in the nakey!

CALVIN HARRIS: You might as well--- nevermind. I don’t need you taking that in the literal form.

Both of them had approached the actual entrance of the cruise at that moment. Of course there was someone there to greet them.

ANTHONY WESTON: Hello gentlemen, My name is Anthony. I’m one of the directors here on the “Princess” Cruise ship. We’ll be willing to accompany you however we can leading up to your show day and the following day on the way home of course. May I get your tickets, please?

CALVIN HARRIS: Guy, you’re the one with the tickets.

GUY: Uh....

CALVIN HARRIS: For crying out loud. You did not forget them?!

GUY: Umm............

He refused to make eye contact with Calvin. Guy turned himself around to the bag he was carrying with him and unzipped the top of it. Frantically looking inside,

GUY: Tickets. Oh tickets. Where are youuuuu?!

His frantic searching ramped up a little bit. He was moving things all around. Calvin was doing everything he could at that point not to snap and strangle him. Guy had one job, one job and he couldn’t even bother to do that correctly. But then again, he couldn’t blame anyone other than himself. He should have known better than to leave him in charge.

ANTHONY WESTON: Gentlemen, if you just give me your names. I’m sure I can look you up in our system. Things like this happen from...

GUY: No! Wait, I know where I put them!

That’s when Guy quickly zipped up his bag and proceeded to turn around. When he did he reached right down inside of his trunks. Before pulling out both tickets that were folded up. He started to extend them towards the director who had the same disgusted look on his face as Calvin.

CALVIN HARRIS: You are one disgusting motherfucker!

GUY: What? It was in the safest spot so I wouldn’t forget them!

As disgusted as he was, the director took the tickets out of Guy’s hand and gave them a once over. Making sure all the information was correct before handing them back. Same look plastered across his face. Of course, Guy took them and proceeded to stuff them right back into place.

ANTHONY WESTON: All the information checks out. Welcome aboard!

GUY: Wooohooooo! It’s time to steer this bad boy!

CALVIN HARRIS: For the love of God. No one and I mean literally no one is going to allow that. I sure as hell am not. I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn’t happen!

ANTHONY WESTON: Only the Captain is going to be steering the ship. That’s just common knowledge good sir.

GUY: Boy, I am the captain!

In an excited manner, Guy found himself walking right on past him and left Calvin behind. For a split second Calvin just rubbed the temples of his head. This man was far more stressful than he needed to be. Some weeks it was just a whole bunch of bullshit to be allowing Guy to tag along. As he looked back at the director.

CALVIN HARRIS: I whole heartily apologize to you and your crew for having to deal with him for the next week.

ANTHONY WESTON: No different that coming across some of the children we have at times. All part of the job.

CALVIN HARRIS: Except that’s a fully grown ass man. But, I do have two favors to ask of you.

ANTHONY WESTON: Sure thing sir. What can I do for you?

CALVIN HARRIS: One, I want you to tell every member of the crew and certainly let the captain know. I don’t want that dude anywhere near anything involving the manhandling of this ship.

ANTHONY WESTON: Sir, I’ve already told you. Only the captain will operate this beautiful soul.

CALVIN HARRIS: And I’m telling you. You are severely underestimating that sneaky dude. When his mind is set on something. There’s no hoops he won’t jump through to make it happen. Take what I am saying seriously and make sure it happens.

He was just staring at the director for a second. This entire cruise ship was based around Summer XXXTreme, and yes he had a job to do as far as that went. However the days leading up to the event. He would like to relax as much as he could. No way he could be relaxed if Guy was running around attempting to steer the ship. It had bad news written all over it.

ANTHONY WESTON: And what was the other thing sir? You mentioned two.

CALVIN HARRIS: Oh, right. Look, it isn’t very often I get a chance to relax. Especially as a married man with two children. It just doesn’t happen. So, from now until Saturday night. Anytime you or one of you people see me without a drink in my hand. Make sure I get one. Brother out here trying to get white boy wasted if you feel me.

ANTHONY WESTON: I think I’m aware of what you’re telling me sir. I’ll make sure myself and my people are very accommodating to your needs.

CALVIN HARRIS: My man!

That being said Calvin gave him a little pat on his shoulder before starting to walk away. Life was all about the journey and it was all about experiencing new things. While this wasn’t the first time being part of this cruise. It was the first time he was going to actually sit back, relax, and actually enjoy it. After all, how many wrestling promotions out there were doing something like this. Being creative and providing their talent with a chance to enjoy their summer in a never forget situation. All of the sudden his chain of thought was broken when he could hear someone screaming. Making him look up.

GUY: I’M THE KING OF THE WORLD!

Sure enough there stood Guy at the end of the ship. Mounted up where he definitely shouldn’t have been. Sure, the cruise hadn't even started. No the ship hadn’t set sail, but this man was going to be more of a headache than it needed to be. Not only was the Highlight of the Night tasked with taking on Jack Washington and attempting to crown himself Internet Champion, but he was also tasked with looking after a man who was without a doubt in some ways a child. This was going to be a fun week.

The night sky was very apparent when the cameras found themselves beginning to roll. At this point most people had retired to their cabins for the night. On the upper deck of the “Princess” cruise ship they happen to capture a figure walking towards them. As they got a little closer and into the moonlight, the person revealed turned out to be none other than the Highlight of the Night, Calvin Harris. He acknowledged the cameras ahead of him as he kept walking across the upper deck.

Just as I expected...

Calvin for a brief moment shook his head from side to side. His voice sounded like it had a hint of disappointment to its tone.

I’ve been saying it for a good little while now. A lot of people are high on Mr. Jack Washington, your Internet Champion. Specifically a lot of people within SCW management. And you know what? That’s their right to be high on him. They are the ones that made the call to hire him. They’re the ones that invested in him. They’re the ones that spent money on him. So I get it, I really do. And for the most part, I would say that their investment in Jack has worked out. After all, he's got quite the impressive win-loss record. He’s a former two-time SCW Heavyweight Champion. As well as a two-time Internet Champion. And let’s not even discuss the way he’s made light work out of the past, the present, and the future of Sin City Wrestling. Again, I’m not taking anything from Jack. He’s good, real good.

In a matter of moments Calvin had managed to walk himself to the tail end of the cruise ship. For a moment taking his attention off the cameras just to be able to look out over the deep blue sea. This was something haunting yet beautiful about it late at night and being able to take it in. While taking in the sea, he found himself speaking again.

But, as good as Jack is. He isn’t great. Which is why I said just as expected. That’s in reference to Jack’s formula. By that I mean it’s the same song and dance with our Internet Champion. When he addresses his opponents, it’s always about how he’s so much better than them. He takes his little cheap pot shots. He tries his hardest to be a little edgy with his words. Man sets out to do all he can to bury his opponent with his words, and gives them zero credit anywhere. And then wraps it all up with how he’s going to become the winner. You go back and listen to any promo Jack has ever cut here in SCW. It’s the same old shit over and over and over again. Nothing new. Nothing exciting. Nothing worth any substance.

And to top it all off Jacky-boy. You did the same exact thing I said you would do. You’d harp on our first match up. You’d beat a dead horse as much as you could. Focus on all the wrong things. To top it all off, it would come from a place with zero passion and zero determination. I mean after all, you even said it. You didn’t care about me. You didn’t care about this match. You didn’t care about the Internet Championship. I even believe at one point you said you never even wanted the championship. That says all it needs to say. Sounds like you’re giving up already. Falls in line with that Zero Passion, Zero Determination, and Zero Grit to you... I was one hundred and ten percent right, KID.

He continued to stare out at the ocean. The waves crashing together were so peaceful. Right now was about the only time this entire cruise was going to be peaceful. That being said he turned himself back around and finally locked eyes with the red light of the camera once again.

The only thing that you said in all your recycled ass bullshit that caught my attention was the fact that I NEED this win back. You are very correct there partner, but I don’t need the win back for the reasons you wanted to say. The reason I need this win back is because I cannot be okay with losing to people that aren’t better than me. I can’t be okay having losses to people that aren’t at the top of their game over me. Like I said before Jack, I’m not bitter than you beat me the first time. You were better than me on that night, but I have to prove now without a shadow of a doubt that you aren’t better than me as a whole. That’s why getting this win back is so important to me.

I remember many years ago when I lost to Dmitri -- when I was just a couple of weeks into my first run as the SCW Heavyweight Championship. I went into that match pretty highly of myself, but he caught me off guard and beat me for the championship. I was fuming. I was furious. I was pissed off on levels most couldn’t even understand. All because I knew he wasn’t better than me. Every dog has their lucky day, that was his lucky day. You honestly should consider the fact you’re facing this version of me and not that version of me as a blessing. Because what I did to Dmitri to get my win back. To get my championship back. I know your punk ass couldn’t handle it. You’d run home crying to mommy and daddy.

So, yes. You are correct Jack. I need this win back. It just so happens that becoming the Internet Champion is an extra perk to it all. A championship shot that you claim that I do not deserve. A championship shot that you claimed that I was handed, I was given. It was a freebie. The same handed title shot that I got with the SCW Heavyweight Championship as you like to point out. And when I heard you pop off at the mouth with all of this. I couldn’t help but laugh. Because once again, you were backing up my point when I said that you’re just another body here on the roster. You aren’t someone paying attention and you damn sure aren’t someone out here trying to make the company better.

Calvin reached behind him and gripped the railing of the ship. Just leaning himself back, he was relaxed. He was composed. In his head this entire thing was on lock. Granted, it might be a different story when the two men stepped into the ring with each other. Yet at this moment, he didn’t see any reason to fear.

If you did more than just show up when you were booked. You’d know what was going on. You’d know the only reason I was given a title shot at the SCW Heavyweight Championship was because of being falsely accused of something. But I can’t expect such a simple minded immature fuck to let something like that sink in. Especially when he can’t even be bothered to show up unless it’s got something to do with him. Which goes hand in hand with my next point. What the hell have you done to find a contender for that championship? What the hell have you done to elevate that championship? What the hell have you done to give people a reason to pay attention to this division?

You want to be mad I was handed a title shot. Yet, you weren’t doing anything to find a contender. You weren’t doing anything to make sure you were a fighting champion. But I get it Jack, you want to be a champion like Kayla Richards. You get the right to call yourself champion because you hold onto a championship but you don’t want to do shit with it. You just want the days to rack up. The reign seems long. While never having to defend it. Ain’t that some pussy shit right there. But honestly Jack, the thing that makes me laugh the most about this is how much you made yourself sound like a hypocrite. How much you contradicted yourself time and time again.

The moonlight managed to hit just right to show off that half cocked smirk across his face.

You claim you don’t care about the championship or the division. Because you would much rather move onto bigger and better things. Yet, then you’re forced to defend the championship against someone that’s an actual threat and you proceed to get upset about it. To me wouldn’t it make more sense if you didn’t care. To have VACATED the championship long ago to move on to bigger and better things like you claim? Or maybe you know you just don’t show up -- you hardly do now unless it means something to you. If you don’t show up. You get the title pulled off you. Then you can move onto bigger and better things. Seems pretty logical to me, but you don’t work with logic do you, Jack?

You say that you don’t care about me, but then in the same breath talk about how you’re going to beat me down to the point I respect you. If you don’t care about me Jack. Why in the hell is it so important to you that I give you respect huh? Why is it so important that you get the respect from me that you claim you deserve? I mean, if you don’t give two shits about me. Then my opinion of you shouldn’t matter. Having my respect should be the last thing on your mind. But yet for some reason it isn’t. It’s that important to you to have my respect. Kind of strange if you ask me. After putting that ego on display, but then again. We’re establishing you don’t know how to make sense.

You claim that I’m the one that needs the win, but at the same exact time. You go on and on about how you’re going to beat me which means nothing and doesn’t benefit you. If that’s the case, then why the hell are you even going to try to beat me? Why are you even going to show up to the match? Why would you step into the ring with me at any given point if it doesn’t do anything for you? I mean c’mon Jack. I know that you’re a kid. I get that you’re immature. I get that you’re still growing up in this business. I get there is still a lot for you to learn, but this is basic promo one oh one. You gotta make it make sense. Because if it doesn’t. People are going to see right through you. And trust me, I see through you. I’ve seen through you from the very first encounter we had with each other.

Those words coming out of his mouth. Calvin finally pushed himself off the railing and proceeded to take a couple of steps towards the camera. Making sure his face was more than viewable at that point.

Jack, your run as the Internet Champion. Hell, your entire run in Sin City Wrestling has been very much like this cruise. It’s a luxury. It’s not something that everyone can experience in their life. It’s a nice way to be like hey, I really made it in life. But eventually all good things come to an end. You’ll eventually have to come back to reality. You’ll eventually have to go through the grind again. You’ll eventually have to realize that you have to keep working hard in order to enjoy things like this. You haven’t had that moment yet, but it’s coming.

It’s coming as soon as this cruise comes to an end next Monday. And when you are forced to walk off this ship without the Internet Championship. When you walk off this ship questioning what’s next, where do you go from here, and how do you rebuild yourself. Meanwhile, I’ll finally be able to enjoy my luxury aka the Internet Championship. Because I worked hard to get back to this spot. I went through the grit and the grind. I had everything taken from me just to realize this wrestling shit doesn’t come easy. I wish I could say this was an honor Jack, but it wasn’t. I’m really going to enjoy kicking your teeth in!

Once again, Calvin took a couple of steps forward. His face is all in the camera. That slight smirk of his had grown a little more.

Enjoy it while it lasts, Jack.

That’s when he found himself walking right past the cameraman and out of view. Leading to them just getting a nice view of the upper deck. Dark, cold, and lonely. Very fitting because those were the things Jack Washington was about to experience in less than twenty four hours. That being said the cameras faded to black leaving everyone on edge for what might end up being the biggest Internet Championship match in the history of SCW.

( inner monologue )

Ever since I have entered this business. I’ve been someone that can talk a good game. I have been someone that can talk his shit. I have been someone that can really get people invested in the story I’m trying to tell with my words. However, eventually words mean nothing. And that’s where I think we’re at. The time for talking is over. The time for hyping things up is over. The time for telling a story is over. Now it’s time for Jack and I to get in the ring to finish that story. No matter how it ends. Because the very real reality of this is... Even though I feel like I’m prepared and I’m ready to go. I could end up not having my hand raised. I could lose to Jack a second time and I could end up failing to capture the Internet title.

Facts are facts. Reality is reality. At least, I understand this concept. That is something that Jack himself doesn’t understand. The young man has lived in his fantasy bubble for so long. So much in fact that he believes the fantasy is his reality. He believes that he’s truly untouchable and unable to be brought back down to earth. That’s something that just doesn’t sit well with me. I feel like I have to be the one to do something about it. I have to be the one to pop Jack’s bubble and bring him back to reality. To show him just how untouchable he’s not. To show him that while he’s good, he just isn’t great. One way or another at Summer XXXTreme this story ends.

Offline Jack Washington

• View Profile
    • Jack Washington
Re: JACK WASHINGTON (c) v CALVIN HARRIS - INTERNET TITLE
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 08:01:03 PM »
Prologue:

Jack continues to prepare for his championship defense against Calvin Harris, even if he has to do it aboard the Princess Cruise, which he is never happy about. Jack not liking dealing with people or being around them most of the time is a huge reason why he’s so unhappy around the cruise, but he knows he has to do it as part of his job. Only time will time how much actual time he spends dealing with it.

Outside the ring, thanks to the advice of his brother of all people, Jack appears ready to test DeCosta’s word on how much of a truce there really is, but the Washington’s also appear to be ready to leave Philadelphia behind for good in any case.

--

Sun Princess Cruise

Jack tried to keep a low profile as he walked to his room. Head down, hoodie up, glasses, and a hat. He was bound and determined not to be bothered on this trip if he could help it. He entered his cabin and set down all his item, taking what he needed out of his luggage to set up his room just the way he wanted. Inside of his luggage his pulled out his travel kit and set it in the bathroom. He tested the bed and found it wasn’t the most comfortable, but it would do. He set out the Internet championship on the night stand and seemed pleased with himself. Then, he pulled out the only reason he would ever leave the cabin, and that was his fishing pole. He kept his not really useful but still he was trying level disguise and left the cabin, locking it behind him. He set off to find a spot away from people to fish, but obviously couldn’t with the cruise in motion. He spotted on the workers and pulled him aside.

Jack: Yo... cabin... cabin boy, You work here, right?

The worker rolled his eyes.

Worker: Yes, sir, how can I help you?

Jack: Where is the best place is fish?

Worker: Excuse me?

Jack: You know, fishing. On the crusie. Is there a spot to do it.

Worker: I’m sorry sir, we don’t allow fishing on the cruise.

Jack looks dejected.

Jack: You’ve got to be kidding me.

Worker: No sir, I’m sorry but there are fishing excursions that do happen on some cruises.

Jack: And is this one of them?

Worker: Unfortunately, no. 

Jack looks more annoyed than before he was given a glimmer of hope and then it was taken away.

Jack: That’s a bunch of shit. 

Worker: I’m sorry sir. I can try and look up if there is an excursion on the next cruise.

Jack: Why would I want to go.... nevermind. You are useless. Thanks for nothing.

Jack walked away dejectedly and went back into his cabin. Now, there was seemingly nothing for him to do for fun. He obviously wanted to stay away from everyone he could, and the only thing he could really fancy doing was drinking at the bar. He didn’t really want to just spend his nights drinking, as it would make him more miserable, but if he had to get out and socialize, this was pretty much his only option.

Jack: This stupid cruise is going to be hell.

--

Sun Princess Cruise

Jack would only venture out to head to the bar, and the gym on the cruise to get his workouts in. He tried desperately not to interact with anyone but did take part in the SCW meet and greet simply because he had to. He silently wrote his name and handed out his autographed photos for the alloted time he needed to. There wasn’t anything he hated more, but he did what he was scheduled to do, and then returned to his room.

The days seemed to last forever, and Jack by day three was looking at himself in the mirror and questioning his own sanity.

Jack: You know what they’re doing, right? They’re testing you. They know you hate this, and they’re trying to make it so bad that you crack. But you’re not gonna crack, are you? No, you can’t crack. You’re the rock around here. You’ve got to grin and bear it. You know that’s exactly what they want. They want you to just have a blow up, give them an excuse to take you down. You know you can’t do that. You can’t give them what they want. No, you’ve got to just do what they ask, and then, you can use that shit later. Yeah, use it against them. That’s what you gotta do. 

The fact that Jack was talking to himself about the situation was troubling enough, but it’s simply how much he hated this. He found himself simply watching old movies in 4K to pass the time that he had to himself. While everyone else was seemingly having a great time, co-mingling and getting along, Jack wanted nothing to do with any of it. 

He splashed water on his face and  shook his head. He just had to last a few more days.

--

Sun Princess Cruise

It was day 4 and Jack was miserable. He knew he only had a few days left, but it felt like too much. He found himself away from everyone, all on his own as he liked it, and sat staring at the ocean and how endless it seemed. Nothing but water around him. No birds, no land, just water. It felt like it stretched on forever. 

This is what madness must feel like.

Jack stared into the endless ocean until hands covered his eyes.

Jack: GET THE HELL OFF OF ME!

He shouted out loud and the hands released his eyes and he spun around in anger, ready to punch the person or fan who dared to put their hands on him. But then he say who it was and he stopped in his tracks.

Bobbie: Hey Jack!

He rolled his eyes at the sight of Bobbie Dahl looking at him, her hands up in a defensive posture.

Bobbie: Man, you really need to relax. I was just having a little fun.

Jack turned away and rested his head in his hand.

Jack: What do you want, Bobbie?

Bobbie: I was just seeing if you were okay. You’ve looked terrible each time I’ve seen you in the hallways and stuff.

Jack: Because I don’t want to be here, Bobbie.

Bobbie: Dude, this is like the open ocean! It’s so cool! What’s not to like?

Jack turned to look at her, almost incredulous to her enjoying herself.

Jack: Look at all these weirdos, neckbeards and losers. You think I want to be around them? At least in the SCW ring there’s a damn barricade! I don’t want them touching me! And I just want to be left alone! They won’t even let me fish on this damn cruise.

Bobbie: Yeah... you didn’t know that? The boat’s in motion. They don’t want anybody to fall overboard.

Jack: I... That’s not the point, Bobbie. I can’t do the one thing that makes me at least a little happy on this damn cruise, I’m surrounded by idiots and people who annoy the hell out of me. Why would I be having fun?

Bobbie shook her head.

Bobbie: You have to make the most of it. There’s really no other way. Look at me for instance. I don’t have this crazy bikini body that all these other girls do, but you know what? I’m determined to enjoy myself. No matter what anybody else thinks. I’ll play shuffleboard and dive into the pool! Why the hell not?! I’m here to enjoy myself and kick some ass. If you’re going to be a grouch this entire time then you’re going to be miserable.

Jack shooke his head.

Jack: Then I guess I’m going to be miserable. Good talk, Bobbie. You can go now.

Bobbie stood with her arms folded and wouldn’t leave as Jack had asked.

Bobbie: You really need to stop being a party pooper. Seriously. You’re bringing the whole vibe down. But you know what, I think I’ve got something that will cheer you up.

Jack: No.

Bobbie: You haven’t even heard it yet.

Jack: Whatever it is, I want NO part of it.

Bobbie: What, you don’t trust me?

Jack: No. I don’t.

Bobbie: Come on, just this once. Have I ever let you down...

Jack stares at Bobbie.

Jack: Don’t be like that.  I’ve trusted you before, and you always drag me into something stupid.

Bobbie: Come on! 

Jack: Bobbie! No!

Bobbie: Come on! Just this one last time. Then I’ll never bother you again. I promise!

Jack stares at Bobbie, considering this. 

Jack: This better be good.

Bobbie smiles and pats Jack on the shoulder.

Bobbie: You’re going to love this.

Bobbie leads and Jack follows, and Jack notices they are going to an area filled with fans. The same area of the meet and greet.

Jack: Bobbie, what are you doing?

Bobbie: Just follow me! 

Bobbie and Jack are now in front of everyone as they continue to walk through the sea of humantiy, until Bobbie grabs a megaphone that is not being. 

Bobbie: Okay everyone! Get ready because team Bobbie-Jack is BACK!

Jack’s eyes grow wide as he shakes his hand and puts his hands up, trying to downplay this announcement.

Jack: What? No! No, that is not a thing!

Bobbie: It is now!

Jack: No, it’s not!

The crowd breaks into a “BOBBIE-JACK” chant and Jack is having none of this. He obviously doesn’t want to take part in this. Bobbie is rallying the fans to continue and trying to get Jack to stay. Jack tries to leave but Bobbie won’t let him. 

Bobbie: One last time, for old time’s sake!

Jack looks like he’s going to blow a gasket staring a hole through Bobbie. Bobbie smiles and ushers fans towards her.

Bobbie: Okay, he’s in position.

Jack doesn’t even bother moving as he just fumes at what is happening. Bobbie is making faces and posing for pictures and Jack is basically in the background of the shots, looking as pissed off as one person could be. After a few minutes of this silent rage boiling over and a handful of lucky fans got an actual picture with the duo, Jack storms off, moving people out of the way and going off to be alone. Bobbie follows him and tracks him down as he screams at the top of his lungs to vent his frustration. Bobbie comes and pats him on the shoulder and Jack just shakes his head.

Jack: Why? Why did you do that?!

Bobbie: Jack I... I was trying to help. Come on, you gotta relax. It was just a joke.

Jack: A JOKE? Are you KIDDING ME?! What is wrong with you?! This is what happens. I give people an ich and they take a god damn mile! We... were a team for that stupid tournament. That is over now. Don’t ever do that kind of shit to me ever again! Do you understand me?

Bobbie: It was just to lighten things up a bit, that’s all! Look, it got you out there and let’s be real, you could have left any time back there. But you didn’t. You stayed and took those pictures. So, I think you enjoyed it more than you think.

Jack: I despise you, right now. 

Bobbie: But you know I’m right! Team Bobbie-Jack!

Bobbie puts her first out for a fist bump and Jack stares at her like she has two heads.

Jack: What is wrong with you?

Bobbie: Come on, for the last time. Look, nobody’s around. Nobody’s gonna know. Come on, fist-bump!

Jack shakes his head standing up. He does not return the fist-bump, but he does pat Bobbie on the shoulder, and Bobbie takes this as a sign of progress.

Bobbie: Yes! 

--

On Camera:

Click.

Jack is pacing in his cabin, he’s mumbling to himself, as if trying to make sense of something he clearly doesn’t.

Jack: I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. I really do. Am I being punk’d or something? Is this a joke? Because it’s seriously not funny. I expected that I’d listen to Calvin Harris and use it as an insomnia cure and move on with my day. It was supposed to be so easy. 

But I guess that old saying is true. “Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.”

Jesus H. Christ, I just wanted this to make some damn sense, but of course it doesn’t. I at least expected to learn something, anything that would be worth talking about. The only think I actually learned from listening to Calvin Harris is that he’s an idiot and he might chew on his own socks it’s so bad. I’d rather actually that be the case because at this point, it would be actually worth my time.

Let me break this down for you, Calvin, because clearly, you have no idea how this all works. Okay, the first part of this, was YOU, okay... YOU tweeting at ME. I can’t emphasize that enough. YOU tweeted to ME, that YOU wanted to get your “win back.” Okay. Are you with me so far? Are you following this? Am I going too fast for you?

Okay, so now comes the part where you tell me, and everyone else, that YOU aren’t going to harp on that match we had previously. Okay... that already doesn’t make any goddamn sense, but then you proceed.... AND TALK ABOUT THE MATCH ALMOST IN IT’S ENTIRETY. I tapped you out. You’re not bitter about it, you give me props. And it goes on and on and on.

Do you... do you not see the disconnect here? You tell me, you want the win back, which obviously is in reference to the first match. There’s no disputing this. You know and remember, clearly, that I beat you before. Then you say you aren’t going to harp on it. Which is already wrong because you are bringing it up in the first place. Then you harp on it. I’m at a loss, my guy. I really am. I am genuinely curious now as to how you can get yourself dressed every day without assistance.

You just speak in circles, and the worst part is, you really think you’re saying something meaningful. You think it’s profound in some way. Let me tell you there is nothing worse in this world then some asshole talking out of his ass when he knows nothing about the subject matter. I can’t be the only one who has to stand there and listen to somebody who doesn’t have a clue talk like an expert on something, when all they do is prove why they shouldn’t open their mouths in the first place. I feel like I should just play that clip from Billy Madison on repeat for 5 minutes because it means just as much as anything that comes out of your mouth. Because literally the next thing you say, will be the most insanely idiotic thing, I’ve ever heard. Fucking hell, man.

Jack bends over in an exaggerated manner to express his exasperation.

Jack: I mean, you really think you’ve got me pegged or giving out some new information that nobody’s touched on yet. Oh, you don’t go the extra mile Jack! I’ve got you now! You’re not showing up every single week to talk! Boom! Roasted! You’re not a team player!

Uh, Yeah. Duh.

Are you new? You must be new. Here’s a news flash for you Calvin: I don’t like any single person on this roster. I don’t want to be around any single person on this roster. Why in the hell would I want to be around them any more than I have to? I’ve NEVER been a team player. I’ve learned I can’t trust a single person around here. I come into work, I do my job, and I go home. I am no different from any other person walking the face of this earth that dislikes their co-workers. You want to act high and mighty because you... do all this extra shit? Good for you, bro. You know what it’s gotten you thus far? Not a damn thing. But sure, you go on this cruise, you shake hands, you kiss babies and take pictures and all that other crap. You do that, and tell me, after you lose, that it was worth it. You want to know what shaking hands got me? A cramp in my wrist. You wanna know what kissing babies would get me? Drooled on. You wanna know what taking pictures with fans would get me? Some bratty kid’s disease. No, Calvin, I’m not going to do it if I don’t have to, because it doesn’t get me what I’m after.

Again, you must be new, so I’ll spell it out for you. I’m here, to get paid, and win. You want to know how I became the world champion twice? It wasn’t by kissing a baby. You want to know how I got that first Internet title win? Didn’t shake the guy’s hand, I tell you that. 

No, you complete asshat, I won those titles, by... and hang on, because I’m about to blow your mind here.... I BEAT THE GUY WHO HAD IT. I know, I’ll give you a second to realize that. Maybe you’ve forgotten how this works. But again, I want my money. I get MORE money by WINNING. It’s a fairly simple concept, but I know you’re a little slow on the uptake. 

My legacy won’t be defined by who I took a damn selfie with, you ignorant jackass. My legacy will be defined by the bank account. It will be defined by winning wrestling matches. Or do you not know how pro wrestling works in general?

I get it, you were handed a title shot, so you may not remember how this works. That is how I get my money. I don’t shake hands with fans, I don’t go the extra mile to get my face of TV. I make people PAY to see ME. And when I show up, it’s an event, and the houses are packed. People line up to get a look at the face of this franchise. I’m playing the game, I’m not letting the game play me. 

You think I give a rat’s ass about some snot-nosed kid’s opinion? You think I look at social media more than I have to? No, I don’t. Because it’s filled with stupid opinions. And now, you have made it clear as day that not one person should listen to anything you have to say because you’re just talking out of your ass. 

Wait... I think I smell something, Calvin. I smell something I’ve smelled before. Yeah, it’s coming off of you. You know what it is? I do. DESPERATION. 

Jack smirks, smelling the air.

Jack: You are a desperate man, Calvin. You realize this should be the only time you even SNIFF this championship, and so, you’re going for broke. You really think this is something. You really do. And it would be funny, if it wasn’t so sad.

Oh yeah, that’s why you’re shooting this shot. Hey, I get it, you gotta go for broke at times, but boy, oh boy was that attempt a swing and a miss. But you have to. You can’t rely on the past, because you failed. You can’t talk about the future, because you won’t be a part of it. You have try and paint this picture of me. This picture that I’m an awful person and I’m not somebody to look up to.

And you are correct.

But the difference is, I EMBRACE who I am. I’m not going out there and trying to be a role model. I’m not trying to be a people’s champion. No, I’m just trying to be the champion. Give me the titles, give me the money, and I’m all set. Is there something wrong with that, Calvin? Do you not understand that? Do you not approve of that? Well, neither one of those issues that you have, are my problem. I am an asshole. I talk a lot of shit. And then I go out there, and I back it up. Is that also a problem for you? Again, that’s not my problem. That’s a you problem. You’re going to learn to fucking get over it because it’s not going to make me change who I am any time soon. 

But let’s not act like you’re some kind of high and mighty wrestling purist either. I’m pretty sure you’ve done some shit you aren’t proud of, acted like a prick multiple times, I mean, you just did, to me. And yet, here you are judging me. Who in the fuck are you to judge me, Calvin? What gives you the right to judge me? You don’t get to just act superior to me now, when you didn’t from the jump. If you had done that, I might have actually had a little respect for you. But instead, when it suits you, you want to jump on this bandwagon like it’s a saving grace for you. And yet, it has backfired horribly because you thought I would take this bait and try and defend myself.

I don’t have to defend, of justify myself to someone like you. I’m an asshole, and I’m damn proud of it.

Jack actually thumps his chest to exaggerate the point.

Jack: Maybe you thought this would phase me, because you needed to talk about me. You damn sure aren’t interesting enough for me to remember or care. I mean, come on now, if you were anything to talk about, you’d be bringing up your title wins, you’d be bringing up your wars or whatever thing that could be at least somewhat interesting. But you didn’t. Instead, you chose to focus on what you think I should do. 

And it will not do you a damn bit of good.

You tumbled out of the gate, and that’s not my fault. Had you simply said “I’m coming for the Internet title” I would have said... Okay, let’s focus on this, let’s pick Calvin Harris apart piece by piece. I would have at least had to work for it. I would have had to do a little digging. I would have had to do more than more than what I’ve done already. But you didn’t. You made this easy for me. Even though I don’t really like doing this.

Because this isn’t a debate, Calvin. This isn’t about who is doing the most and who has the moral high ground. You think I want to go back and forth with you, you fucking numbskull? The fact is, you opened your mouth, and then tried to dance around what you already said. You said one thing and then tried to make it about not the thing you mentioned first. You’re the idiot that stumbled and you shot this dumbass shot and you’re going to pay the consequences for it.

So, let this be a lesson to you, since you didn’t bother to actually listen to what I say. Let me once again, make this clear to you, and anybody else: I don’t like, or care about anyone else but me, in this business. I don’t need, or trust anyone else in this business. I listen to one person, ME. I do this for one person: ME. And it has made me exactly what I am, and who I am. I have done amazingly well, living just like that.

After this is over, and you lose, and you’re on this cruise ship looking lonely as all hell because you failed, yet again... I want you to do me a favor though. Okay? I want you to shake hands, I want you to kiss babies, take selfies, go ahead and do a post-show media interview. Talk about the event and the show and how great everyone did and thank everyone for buying tickets. Because that’s what champions do right? That’s what leaders do. And I, will sit my ass in my room, and I will be comfortable as you do all the media you want to. I will sleep like a goddam baby knowing I still have this title, and you... well I guess you can sleep knowing you’ve gone above and beyond and it’s all for nothing. 

And then, you can piss off, and never bother me again. 

See you real soon, chump. 

Jack lays comfortably on his cabin bed, the Internet title resting on the nightstand, as the scene fades.

Click.

Face. Of. The. Franchise.