Author Topic: BEN JORDAN and SAMANTHA MARLOWE v THE BARNHARTS  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
BEN JORDAN and SAMANTHA MARLOWE v THE BARNHARTS
« on: June 19, 2023, 07:16:07 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
Re: BEN JORDAN and SAMANTHA MARLOWE v THE BARNHARTS
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 04:07:25 PM »
* I opted to do combined promos for Bill and Bea for Summer XXXTreme XI rather than individual promos *

WE HAVE A MIXED TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH DUE TO OPPONENTS BLAMING US FOR THEIR PREVIOUS FAILURE

Narrator:  Just when you think you’ve heard it all someone manages to come up with nonsense to try to make you believe stuff that never happened. Unfortunately, with this habit of spreading lies and misinformation, these liars realize that half the people who listen to them will believe their lies instead of the truth. With that on your mind I turn you over to Bill and Bea Barnhart. They have returned to their home in Lawrenceville, Georgia, before returning to board the Princess Cruise Ship to participate in Summer XXXTreme XI where they have a Mixed Tag Team Grudge Match against the team of Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe.

BILL AND BEA BARNHART AT HOME IN LAWRENCEVILLE, GEORGIA GETTING READY FOR SUMMER XXXTREME XI

RECAP OF BILL BARNHART VERSUS J2H FROM CLIMAX CONTROL 365

The scene changes and we are taken inside the home of Bill and Bea Barnhart in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Bill and Bea are sitting at the dining table in the dining room. Their English Bulldog, Iris, is relaxing in the Living Room and she is laid out on the floor in a deep sleep and she is snoring. Bill looks into the camera and begins his comments.

Bill:  Welcome to our home in Lawrenceville, Georgia. We took time to return home for a week and then next week we will board the Cruise Ship and get ready for Summer XXXTreme XI.

Bea:  We are excited and looking forward to wrestling at Summer XXXTreme XI.

Bill:  Before we get into comments related to our upcoming Mixed Tag Team Number One Contender match against Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe, I would like to make comments concerning my match against J2H at Climax Control 365. J2H came into that match coming off an injury. He knew I would go after him due to his injuries and he was correct in that assumption. However I also knew that J2H is a top-notch wrestler and one who never backs down from a challenge. I knew even though he was hurting he would give me a good fight and he did. In the end his hand was raised in victory and I appreciate that I had the opportunity for that match with him. As J2H goes into Summer XXXTreme XI against Michael Harris for the World Heavyweight Championship I honestly see him defeating Michael Harris and becoming the next Sin City Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion.

Bea:  We will now launch into our comments for our upcoming match against Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe as we have a lot of information to present.

Bill:  Let’s do it!

CHECKING MAIL, VOICEMAIL, AND E-MAIL . . DAMN!!!

Bill looks into the camera and then he starts off this round of comments.

Bill:  Thank you for joining us at our home in Lawrenceville, Georgia. We took time to return home for a week and then next week we will board the Cruise Ship and get ready for Summer XXXTreme XI.

Bea:  We came home so we could go through our mail, check our phone voice mail, and our e-mail, to see what is going on and if anything needs fixing up here at our house.

Bill:  After we opened our mail, checked voicemails on our phones, and checked e-mail messages, we got so upset we were ready to go out the hurt a bunch of people.

Bea:  But, of course, we held back on our anger and decided to thoroughly review all our mail, voice mail, and e-mail, to ensure we understood the information before we went off on someone.

Bill:  The first regular mail envelope I opened was from Huntington Landing Homeowners Association which is the management organization for our housing development. It appears some of our moron neighbors, the ones who are the ones actually violating the rules and regulations of our Homeowners Association, put in false lying bullshit complaints to Huntington Landing Homeowners Association claiming that we are not keeping our yard in good shape, not keeping our grass mowed properly, and that we are parking our vehicles on our front lawn instead of in our driveway. All of this is bullshit and lies! We pulled up all our security camera footage and we were able to prove to Huntington Landing Homeowners Association that our neighbors, the same ones who filed the false complaints against us, were the ones perpetrating the violations of the Homeowners Association rules and regulations. It was a quick resolution on the part of Huntington Landing Homeowners Association to clear us of the accusations then they turned on the perpetrators and fined them for submitting false complaints. Just goes to show you that you don’t f*ck with Bill and Bea Barnhart by hurling lies and false accusations in our direction.

Bea:  We had paperwork mailed to us from Gwinnett Police, and also voicemails and e-mails from Gwinnett Police, stating our neighbors are reporting that we are violating the laws in numerous ways. They claimed to the Police that our dog, Iris, is barking all day and all night keeping these neighbors awake while they are trying to sleep. We easily disproved those stupid claims by proving we took Iris with us on nearly every Tour that Sin City Wrestling has done during the past several months. And during those times we were unable to take Iris with us on those wrestling tours we had her boarded in Camp Bow Wow in Lawrenceville. After reviewing our evidence Gwinnett Police issued Citations, with Fines attached to them, to our neighbors who filed the false noise complaints against us. We were totally cleared of wrong doing once again.

Bill:  Our research showed that there are two neighbors on the street next to our street where the dogs which can always be heard barking was coming from. The first one belongs to a family who had an impossible time trying to take care of one dog and now they have four dogs. They keep their dogs in their backyard and the dogs, of course, are bored and scared of being confined outside all the time. And the neighbor next to them has two dogs, one Pitbull and one French Bulldog. Recently these neighbors put a dog run in their backyard and now they never take their two dogs for walks. Darn sad that for nearly two years they always took their dogs for walks around our housing development and now their dogs are bored and bark all the time. Their dogs are bored to be locked up in the dog run and not allowed any freedom outside of their backyard. Pet owners like the two families I mentioned are the ones who need to be fined and punished.

THROWING FALSE ACCUSATIONS AROUND GETS YOU IN TROUBLE

Bill:  My half-brother Chris Shipman found out the hard way that hurling false accusations at me only results in him getting arrested and charged with the death of our sister for which he spent time in prison. Since our upcoming opponents, Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe, feel the need to whine, moan, complain, and cry, claiming that they were cheated out of a win in the Mixed Tag Team Championship Tournament by Bea, that puts them into the same loser category as my half-brother Chris Shipman. Just because they were not able to defeat Austin James Mercer and Tempest they resort to accusing Bea.

Bea:  What will it be this time with you two? When me and Bill easily, and legally, defeat you, and we are the Number One Contenders for the Mixed Tag Team Championship, while you two are left staring at each other in sadness, then what? Are you going to claim that we cheated you again? Nice try but you will fail again!

Bill:  I have to be honest that during the match between Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe against Austin James Mercer and Tempest I was in a situation where I wasn’t able to watch that Mixed Tag Team match. I am unable to tell you what the situation was that caused me to be unable to watch that match. By the time I got out of the situation that match was over and I heard the complaints and Bea’s name was involved. Bea, since I’m unable to comment on what happened in that match where you were accused of cheating and causing the team of Ben and Sam to get Disqualified, could you please present what you remember of that match?

Bea:  Sure thing Bill but no amount of explanation and presenting the truth will cause others to realize they are falsely accusing me. Here is what I remember. I remember that I wanted to view the match from ringside so I walked down and stood near the ring. I didn’t care which team would win I just wanted to see the two teams trying to get into the Mixed Tag Team Championship final match. I didn’t try to intimidate any of the wrestlers in that match as I was just observing the match. Next thing I know someone, or something, hit me from behind and I apparently was unconscious for a short time. When I revived I found myself inside the ring so whoever, or whatever, hit me from behind must have caused me to be tossed into the ring. I tried to figure out if it was Austin James Mercer and Tempest or if it was Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe who perpetrated the attack on me. I was still in a daze and as I slowly started to get to my feet I was grabbed by someone and I got tossed into Tempest which caused her to complain to the Referee and they determined that due interference in the match, which means someone threw me into Tempest and hurt her, that the team of Ben and Sam must have perpetrated the cheap shot attack, so the Referee Disqualified them and gave the win to Mercer and Tempest.

Bill:  Okay so what happened next?

Bea:  The odd thing about this incident is that there didn’t appear to be any real outrage over what happened. It appeared to me that the two mixed tag teams, and the Referee, were putting on a scene from a play rather than having honest reactions to the accusations of interference in the match. That made me suspicious that there may have been a conspiracy against me as to what was really going on.

Bill:  Could you clarify why you think that way so that me and the viewers will have a better understanding?

Bea:  If Mercer and Tempest entered this match and felt like they had no shot at winning the match it could be that they perpetrated this attack, using me as a prop, to get a cheap win over Ben and Sam. If that is true then it proves wrestlers will do anything to get a cheap win. Then on the part of Ben and Sam they may have perpetrated the attack, using me as a prop, hoping that the Referee would blame me and not them for the attack. If that is the case with Sam and Ben then their trick backfired on them and they lost the match and failed to advance in the Mixed Tag Team Tournament.

Bill:  Your reasoning and logic is interesting and I have experienced similar situations during my wrestling career. I’m sorry that you ended up getting in the middle between those two Mixed Tag Teams. Let’s just move on into our Mixed Tag Team Number One Contender match, forget what happened at that event, and show the world that we can easily defeat Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe without cheating, without hiring interference, and without faking attacks just to get a cheap win.

Bill and Bea take a short break to feed Iris and when they are done with Iris they return to continue their comments on their upcoming Mixed Tag Team match to see which team becomes the Number One Contender for the Mixed Tag Team Championship.

Bill:  So, Bea, we have an interesting situation in our upcoming match. I have to face Ben Jordan and you have to face Samantha Marlowe as the rules state if the men are in the ring and one of them tags their partner into the match then both men have to step to the outside of the ring and the women go at each other. It goes the other way, of course, when one of the women tags their partner into the math then both women need to exit the ring and the men get into the ring and battle it out.

Bea:  For damn sure Sam is pissed off because she has this delusion that I perpetrated the hit on Tempest for the sole purpose of getting her team disqualified. She can take hallucinogenic drugs and see non-existent things if she wants but the fact remains that I honestly do not know what actually happened during their match. Also can anyone tell me why my requests for the full video of the Mixed Tag Team match that is in question is being withheld from me? My requests have been met with silence. My requests have only led to people telling me I cannot have possession of licensed and trademarked property. Someone is hiding something but for damn sure I’m not the one doing the hiding in this case. Seems extremely odd to me.

Bill:  Although Ben has registered wins against me there has to be a valid reason why he and Sam continue to spread the lies that you attacked Tempest just to screw him and Samantha out of the win in that match. There’s something running damn deep in this situation and we will keep digging until we find out who started this crap against you and then there will be hell to pay for those involved.

Bill and Bea inform the camera person they will transfer to their back yard where they have their barbeque grill fired up and ready to cook. Once Bill, Bea, Iris, and the camera person, are in the patio, with Iris sniffing around the yard, and Bea and Bill at the barbeque grill, the camera person finds a good position to be able to focus on everyone easily. While they are cooking the food Bill and Bea take turns commenting on their upcoming Mixed Tag Team match for Summer XXXTreme XI.

REACTIVE VERSUS PROACTIVE

Bill:  Most of you are aware that both me and Bea possess an IQ of 130 or higher which is in the Genius category and also in the top 5 percent in the world. That doesn’t stop the low-IQ, knuckle-dragging failures of Evolution, from trying to put us down and disrespect us. Jealousy is, after all, a brutal task master.

Bea:  Since Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe are reactive persons, and falsely accused me of deliberately attacking Tempest during their Mixed Tag Team Qualifier match, we will enlighten you as to what it means to be reactive rather than proactive. Most of you low-IQ boneheads won’t understand what we are talking about but that’s okay as our job is to inform and enlighten you even if you cannot comprehend what we are talking about. I have already given you my take on the match between the team of Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe versus Austin James Mercer and Tempest. I have no clue who attacked me at ringside, then threw me into the ring, then attacked me again, then threw me into Tempest, which caused the Referee to Disqualify the team of Ben and Sam.

Bill:  I want you to give the definition of REACTIVE and then I will present the definition of PROACTIVE. If, after we present those definitions, people are still confused then it just proves that those low IQ persons will never understand anything.

Bea:  The definition of the word REACTIVE is that it relates to the reaction to a stimulus, or occurring as a result of stress or emotional upset, and that the person affected is reacting in response to a situation, or stimulus, rather than controlling the situation or stimulus.

Bea looks into the camera with a stern look.

Bea:  Who reacted to a situation or stimulus rather than controlling it? Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe that’s who. I was attacked during their match and used as a projectile by someone and to date I have been unable to obtain the proof of who did that to me. When the Referee of that match determined that me getting thrown into Tempest by someone not involved in the match Ben and Sam immediately started blaming me without the slightest attempt on their part to find out what really happened. That is a textbook explanation of what being REACTIVE means.

Bill steps into the camera view to present his comments on people being PROACTIVE rather than REACTIVE.

Bill:  PROACTIVE means logically acting in anticipation of future problems, needs, or changes, by creating or controlling a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has already happened. When you see what Ben and Sam did, which was the classic definition of being REACTIVE, and compare that to myself and Bea who are PROACTIVE it is perfectly logical and easy to understand unless you are an idiot. We are Proactive in that we logically anticipate future situations and create a controlling situation that causes something to happen rather than reacting to the situation after it already happened. You know. . .like over-reacting to a situation after it has already taken place. . .like what Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe did.

Bill and Bea both stand before the camera to continue their comments.

CLOSING COMMENTS

Bill:  What is it going to be with you two this time Ben? Are you going to spend the entire time of our upcoming match making stupid decisions and actions in the ring rather than trying to control the situation to direct how things go? You know. . .like you and Samantha did when Bea got attacked by someone and then that someone threw her into Tempest. . .yeah, Ben, that’s the type of reactive thing you are going to do during our match? While you are spending our valuable match time reacting to things, whether they are real or perceived items, I will be spending our valuable match time being proactive by logically creating and controlling the situation and causing beneficial things to happen for our team while causing detrimental things to happen to your team.

Bea:  Nicely stated Bill. So, Sam, I will address you since the two of us are in the ring against each other when a tag is made. Since you are a reactive jerk and decided to falsely accuse me of doing something you will pay dearly for your stupidity. I have been getting falsely accused of stuff in Sin City Wrestling since the day I signed a contract to be a Wrestler in addition to being the Manager for Bill. When our team defeats your team, and you walk away the losers everyone knows you are, I’m sure you two will continue your reactive bullshit and try to explain away your loss most likely by trying to accuse us of cheating. Try all you can try because you will fail. Me and Bill are excitedly looking forward to our match.

Bea informs the camera person they are done with their comments and they are free to cut their camera feed whenever they want to do so. Before the camera person cuts their camera feed they call into the Network for their instructions and the Network tells the camera person that the Network will return to regularly scheduled programming for this time period and immediately the camera feed is turned off and our screen goes dark.

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 05:04:28 PM »
The sun was going down on the Princess Cruise for Summer XXXTreme and many of the wrestlers had done all the had to do show preparation wise much earlier in the day, but Ben Jordan had spent his day speaking to people, signing autographs, proving he is still the king of fan selfies and the like, but it was his turn to be a little more professional. He stood in the area of where the ramp would be set up closer to the end of the week, talking to three members of the production team. He tried to keep his voice lowered as the area was still open to the public.

"So you got the song, right?" He asked a man in his forties, the sound technician.

"Yes." He replied. "Christian and Mark got permission for it, so it's good to go. Great song choice by the way."

Ben smiled at the man and gave him a nod.

"Love it." he agreed. "I think it fits. I mean people might see a different meaning behind it, but when you think about it, it was a lot to do with years ago when we did the Blast From The Past, then went.... well, you know, the song title."

"How do you want the lights to look?" the lighting technician asked.

"Here's what I'm thinking overall." Ben said looking around the group. "So house lights off, should be dark enough by then to force people to get their phones out of their pockets. silhouette screen set up. Music starts, first line hits, light hits the screen to light up Sam, as soon as it gets to the two, two, two part, second light hits me. While this is happening, smoke the bottom bit so it rises going around the screen."

"From the start of the song?" the pyro technician asked.

"Straight away." Ben told him. "Soon as the song kicks in with the word someday, screens drop, light blue and pink lights slow flash through the entrance. We'll do some kinda pose in the ring when we get there, and tip someone the wink to end it. That possible?"

"It should be." The sound guy said confidently. "We'll run this to the main guys, get a sequence and when this place is cut off on Saturday for construction, we'll have a walk though of it."

Ben smiled at the three men.

"Brilliant lads." Ben said with a thumbs up. "But be ready to tweak on the fly. Sammi don't know too much of the idea here. I said I'd hit the bones of it, and she can flesh it out so it's a bit different from the separate entrances these teams have."

"Mr. Jordan." The lighting technician said softly. "Do you know those people?"

Ben turned his head to where the man tried to nod without being detected. Ben turned to see a group of women, four of them to be exact between the ages of eighteen and possibly late forties, looking towards him with adorning eyes. Ben sighed as he turned back to the group.

"I don't know them" He admitted. "I've seen them a lot. In fact come to think about it, everywhere I've been this week, I think I've at least seen one or two of them around."

"Someone's popular." The pryo guy joked.

"Maybe I should have made the divorce a little less public or much after the cruise." Ben said generally. "Probably wasn't my greatest idea to let that get out right before going to sea with very little escape. Tell ya what lads, I'm gonna sneak off for a quick pint, then I gotta meet Sammi, cause it's our yearly date night but I need to get changed first."

Ben pointed to his clothes, that just so happened to be a pair of white shorts, a light green polo shirt, and sandals, or flip flops as he would call them.

"Catch ya in a bit fellas." Ben said before giving them a nod.

He quickly moved away from the group of technicians and in the opposite direction of the women, moving across the deck and trying to blend in to the crowd a little before he reached the pool side bar. It wasn't his first visit and beer was quickly put in front of him. He lifted it, taking a swig before putting it back on the marble topped counter.

"I don't know what you're worried about Ben." he said to himself. "They're fans, that's all. You could have had fun on this whole cruise but you chose not to jump at everything, why?"

"Because you don't know a good thing when you see it." The voice of Fenris said next to him.

Ben turned around to see Fenris sitting at the bar next to him. Ben reaches over and puts his arm around the shoulder of his friend.

"Nothing wrong with a few ring rats." Fenris joked as he picked up his drink. "And for the first time in a long time, you don't have that ring on your finger."

"That's why I'm getting all the looks." Ben said. "There's no Evie here to scare them off so they either wanna show sympathy which I don't need, or they wanna jump my bones."

"Sympathy might be their way of trying to jump your bones." Fenris said with a smile.

Ben picked up his beer, taking another huge gulp and looking back at Fenris.

"Forget jumping bones for a while." Ben said as he looked at him. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Fenris took a deep breath and looked at Ben.

"When I heard about you and Evie, I had to come and say something to you in person." Fenris said with a serious look on his face.

"Oh?" Ben said curiously.

"Yeah..." He replied, the mood seemingly darkening. "I needed to tell you about fucking time!"

Fenris smiled his, as some would call it, his fish lips smile towards Ben who just snorted.

"Why didn't you tell me you got divorced?" Fenris asked.

Before Ben could respond, the palm of Fenris met the back of Ben's head.

"Why didn't you tell me you got married?" Ben quickly fired back.

As Fenris opened his mouth, Ben swung his palm, connecting with the back of Fenris' head in a return fire motion.

"I see that shoulder is getting better." Ben quipped towards Fenris.

"I see single life is doing wonders for your arm strength." Fenris fired back bluntly.

"You two are just picking up where you left off." Aron's voice could be heard saying as he approached Ben and his brother. "I did overhear a little there. In Kristian's defence, he didn't know he got married either at the time."

Ben tilted his head sideways to look at Fenris, a half smile painted across his face.

"Oh really?" Ben said as he looked at Fenris, deep in the eyes.

"That's a story over another beer." Fenris said as he looked towards the bartender, but Ben raised his hand to stop him.

"I know you're gonna ask what happened to the old Ben, but I need to say no to another beer." Ben said seriously.

"Don't tell me Evie took half of your fun side in the divorce." Fenris joked as he slapped Ben on the back.

"She did and I took half her spy assassin side in the divorce so I can make things look like an accident." He responded with a wink.

Aron couldn't help but smile at the comment at Ben stood up.

"It's date night, the platonic date night with Sam, movie under the stars and I'm dressed like..." Ben said but Fenris cut him off.

"Unsure if you're playing golf on a hot day, or going to the beach?" Fenris said as he pointed up and down Ben.

"Yeah, something like that." Ben said, taking it with good humour. "We always seem to get the dress thing wrong, because we never tell each other of the plan, so I need to go and be a tart about it, think about what her dress style might be and see if we get it right this time."

"You could just ask her." Aron chimed in.

"Where's the sport in that." Ben replied with a wink. "Beer at the nearest opportunity fellas?"

The brothers nodded in unison at Ben as he wandered away, through a door leading towards the cabins. Ben turns a corner only to run in to the four women from earlier, who was watching from afar.

"Evening ladies." Ben said as politely as they could.

It didn't take long before the women started swarming Ben, talking to him, whispering sweet nothings in his ear. Others gathered around him, mostly female to try and get close to Ben. It seemed like women were coming from all over the place to be around him. Oddly, a ripping of clothes could be heard amongst the melee.

"Bollocks..." Ben's voice could be heard saying amongst the crowd.

Seconds later, Ben was seen crawling through the legs off people getting on the outside of the circle. He stood up with a partially ripped shirt. He glanced over his shoulder as he started to move away, but one eagle eye woman spotted him, pointing to the others and the chase was on. Ben moved quickly through the halls, turning a corner.

"Lose one wedding ring and chaos!" He said to himself.

He quickly ducked in to a room, looking around to see cleaning supplies and leaned against the door, just listening for footsteps to charge past. Ben couldn't help but smile to himself as the footsteps seemed further and further away. He quietly turned his head around the door, looking around to gather his bearings.

"I know that room!" He said as he looked across the hall.

Darting out of the supply room, Ben quickly moved across the hall, banging on the door.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!" he yelled out.

He glanced to the right to see one of the women looking back around the corner at the end of the long corridor.

"He's down there!" Her voice could be heard saying in the distance.

He banged on the door in front of him just a little louder.

"Save me, Ginge!"

Well, was Ben saved? or did the women catch up to him and try and see more of the Cockney King? Was this living proof that sun and alcohol are not a great mix or just women have a thing for strapping cockney's who walk around in sandals?

To answer these questions and many, many, more, you might just wanna watch Sam Marlowe's promo....

"Alright people!" Ben Jordan's voice can be heard saying.

The camera opens looking at the magnificent ocean in front of the ship, the night stars brightly shining in the sky as the moon softly touches the ripples of the water below as the cruise ship moves at a steady speed. The camera moved to the face of Ben Jordan as he looked over the waves, a tired, but peaceful look on his face.

"I've always been a bloke who has loved the water." He said with a little smile on his face. "Even as a kid, when the mind needed clearly, I'd go have a sit down next to the River Thames and just relax. I moved around a bit as a wrestler, and moved to Cuba, right next to the sea, I moved to Jersey in the Channel Islands, right next to the channel, I lived in Maine, right next to my own glorious lake. I'm at ease around water, it is my happy place so you'd think I'd be like a dog with two todgers sitting here looking at this scene, right?"

He tilted his head towards the camera.

"As happy as I am to be here, I'm no so sure I'm happy with the conditions." Ben informed the listeners. "I should have been here gearing up for a top match, with a title on the line, going for proper gold, instead, it all went a bit wonky when a certain person decided that because they wasn't good enough to make it to a match themselves, for some reason, some unknown reason, I'm guessing because they either wanted to stay relevant, or because they wanted to be in the bosses minds, that they decided to pick us, take away me and Sammi's chance of getting to the final. The worst part of it was I can't even begin to think about why us? I mean there was 6 other teams after you two got sent packing, six teams and the target was us. Was it all because of the history with Sam that you Bea, you couldn't just let the past go?"

Ben shrugged his wide shoulders.

"You can get professional help for that, you know." He said off the cuff. "It might have been pure bitterness there but you dragged me in to it and recently Bea, I'm a man with a million doubts in my head. Do I still have what it takes? Is this worth my time now I'm free, single, got money to burn and could go anywhere in the world and just be Ben Jordan, the guy that goes down the pub, that's not against the late night kebab after ten pints, the bloke who will walk in to the pub and buy a round of beers for everyone he knows. The Ben Jordan that sees the guy counting his change to get a beer, knowing he's going through tough times and being out of his house in a social setting is saving him from over thinking, even though he can't afford to be there and say I got this for you mate. I could be that guy, instead of Ben Jordan, the board member, the wrestler, the famous face. I could just be Ben and losing that match because of your interference Bea, it did nothing but put doubt in my mind on who I want to be."

He sighed deeply as he looked out at the water.

"I want to be that guy that gets those championship belts Bea and it means going through you and Bill." He said seriously. "I listened closely to what you said last week Bea, just listened to everything you had to say and love, let me tell ya this, you're a bit naive just brushing me and Sammi off like that. In your head, this is done, this is finished, this is over and you have already won. Bea love, here's a bubble bursting thing for ya, Sammi's a Hall of Famer, I'm a former World champion, you and Bill, neither hall of fame worthy or World championship worthy. To just chuck us away like an old pizza box is a silly thing to do."

Ben shook his head.

"Was you smashed out of your nut when you decided to see the match up close as you put it?" Ben asked "You had no reason at all to be there. You had no reason to be anywhere near us and there you were and you're claiming you didn't have something in mind? Come on Bea, this is just making it silly season. You knew what you was doing, you got involved in something that you should never have gotten involved in. You were already finished, done, out of the tournament by then, you had no right to be there other then little petty jealousy. You call people bone heads, but you're clearly telling porky's here about absolutely everything. I mean I would love you to present that crock to a judge and see if he or she would believe you, cause I got a little secret to tell you Bea, come closer."

Ben waved his finger at that camera, causing it to zoom in a little.

"Our little shows are tapped Bea, people can go rewatch them on the SCW site, you don't need to spout rubbish about licenses and stuff, it's right there on the site for any subscriber and you get yours for free, people can see that your events as you recall them, are nothing but fantasy." He said softly. "So I think you might need to get off those magic mushrooms and step back in to reality."

The camera moved a little bit out again.

"And here's reality." Ben said with a smile. "You did what you did because you're an absolute plonker, and to further prove that you're a plonker, you sat there last week with a turn of events from your view, that is pure fiction and the world can see that. In fact, they might see that in a promo video leading up to this match to prove that you're just a liar living in a dream world. Reality is now you have to face the consequences for your actions, you have to sit there and look at the faces you've lied to, and cheated out of where they should be. Everyone knew me and Sammi had that match won if it wasn't for you. If I lost to Austin James Mercer, I'd be fine with it, it's Austin James Mercer, there's no shame in that, but your actions there Bea, that's what sticks in my throat, more so about being proactive and reactive."

Ben yawned, in a mockingly way.

"Now let me talk about proactive and reactive." Ben said as he put a pair of glasses on his face. "Glasses are to make me look smart, but I borrowed them off Despy, no lenses."

Ben put his finger through the frame.

"The difference between those words can be boiled down to two things, being a villain or a hero." Ben said with a nod. "Being reactive can make you a hero, Bill's an American, probably got a lot of guns under his bed, to be proactive, he would need to plan something, so say he took one of those guns out with him, he's done that for a reason to take aim at someone. Proactive is planning something, reactive is me getting people to safety because of him having a Yosemite Sam moment. It's a villain move to be proactive, especially in our game. I mean I wouldn't carry a fire hose around with me, just in case there's a fire, cause that is proactive, but I would be a hero and run in to a burning building to save someone if one was on fire, that's reactive."

Ben smiled.

"Look Bea, I can spin stuff to make myself sound better too." Ben said with a wink. "You can't anticipate everything, not even a boy scout can. I could get off this boat and get his by a bus, but I'm not walking around in a suit of armour just in case. I mean I bet you two are the kinda people who walk around carrying a water can just in case you see a dry flower.... Cause that's being proactive, right?"

Ben tilted his head.

"I call it being boring and robotic, and talking about it is boring." Ben said with a nod. "I'm gonna sleep well tonight. In fact talking about Bea makes me wanna go to sleep so I better move on and talk about you Bill before I nod off here."

He exhaled deeply.

"Let's be frank about it, you got your arse handed to you at Climax Control by J2H." Ben said with a hint of a smile. "You're right, J2H is a world class wrestler, he's beaten me before, but he was coming off an injury, he hadn't wrestled in weeks, you've been active, you've got no excuse not to give him a better match but he made you look like a right muppet. Now I ain't saying I'm as good as J2H, cause I'm not, him and Michael Harris are headlining cause they're leagues above everyone else, but you didn't even come close. I could just as easily dismiss you like you two have done to us, I could very easily just sit here and think nothing of ya, but I won't, because it all comes down to your missus putting you in this situation which you can't win."

Ben nodded his head firmly.

"I am a big fan of putting my point across and being realistic with things and first off, I'd like to say that no one really needs to know you listened to voicemail's, checked e mails and all that stuff, cause it's something everyone does daily." Ben said with a nod. "People don't need to know that when the cameras come on, your focus should be me. Your focus should be how to solve the problem that is Ben Jordan, not what blue pills you can get at discount prices."

He chuckled at his own joke.

"That one was off the top of me head, proud of that." He said with a smile. "No one cares about your living situation, not one person, what you're meant to be talking about is opponents, getting people to be interested in your match Bill, bragging about getting people fined as a way not to mess with you don't get me excited, it doesn't get me thinking I should buy a ticket for the show, it doesn't make me think as a fan that this guy is big and tough and gonna beat the other guy, cause he knows how to handle some housing association! He's so hard, he could beat up anyone! Bill, that's pretty silly and I can't believe the years you've been in this business, you can't tell a good promo from a bad one and that I'm sitting here schooling you on this whole thing. You should be a bit embarrassed by these promo skills. Just feels like a waste of time talking about your personal stuff, it adds nothing, doesn't draw any kind of sympathy. How many people switched off because you were talking about your neighbours?"

Ben rubbed the side of his head with his fingers.

"You're meant to be a wrestler Bill!" Ben said a little louder. "A wrestler, not someone who chats about things like that. I love dogs, I have a dog, he's relevant in a lot of the work I do, he gets a lot of attention, he has personality and people love him on the screen but no one needs to hear about your neighbours dogs. No one needs to know you creepily researched your neighbours dogs. It took ten minutes or so for you to even get to talking about wrestling and I'm pretty sure that whole thing you started with is pure fantasy too."

Ben lowered his head and started to shake it.

"Chris Shipman is your half brother? Really?" Ben said confused. "Mate, I used to watch Chris Shipman in SCW, I caught some of his other stuff before SCW and he's your half brother? I seriously need a Maury episode on this because I am not buying that for a second. I know that guy is a loon but I'm thinking you're the one who needs to be put in an asylum."

He paused for a second.

"I'm not gonna go down the age route or say you're the same age as you were in AWA as you are today." Ben said with a smile. "I'm gonna go with something current to prove you're mentally unwell. You said that Sam and I moaned and what not about being cheated, well, you're missus did get us in this situation or it wouldn't be happening, but I haven't done much whining as you claimed, I've kept pretty stoom about it cause I want my actions to speak louder then my words. This makes me believe that the man hears voices in his head. I think he hears things that are not there, detaches from reality more then any man actually should. This should be a real worry to everyone around him."

Ben placed his hands out flat.

"Another reason why Bill isn't mentally right." Ben started. "He sat and claimed he couldn't watch the match so couldn't comment so set Bea up for a long arse drone on about it. I call that a lie, because any fella would ask his missus about it straight away, we didn't need the dog and pony show on the camera, it could have been to eat up time and act like it was interesting when it really wasn't, but I think it's more to do with Bill's memory getting worse with every passing day. I want to present further evidence of this by noting the face that everything is a recap with him, he recapped the rules of a mixed tag match, something the fans have seen pretty much every week for the last few weeks, which makes me think that good old Bill there does the recaps, tells people the rules of things, just so he can remember himself. Everyone knows the rules Bill. Repetition is key to remembering things, so I seriously think that his marbles might be going."

Ben waved him finger around the side of his head.

"Another point, the whole IQ thing." Ben said with a shake of his head. "Pure fiction Bill. I've come across winos in the pubs that come across wiser then you two. I've found more profound moments with people who have less of an IQ, you two do not have IQs that high, because you come across as dull. People with IQ's like that tend to be interesting, they tend to have interesting things to say and you two really don't. You strip everything to bare minimal. Honestly, you have a delusions of grandeur, and that is not gonna help you win this match, it's not gonna help you beat me and Sam."

Ben shook his head firmly.

"You have spent so much time talking about what happened recently, but I'm gonna talk about what's about to happen Bill." Ben said firmly. "There's now a snowballs chance in a microwave that you win this. I've beaten you so many times, there's no chance that doesn't happen again. I'm channelling my disappointment from my last match in to this one and this is where I step it up a gear. Part of me feels I should have put the last one to bed long before I did, so I'm not coming to play around this time Bill, I'm coming to finish this one as quickly as I can and leave no doubt in anyone's mind that we should have been in that four way match. I'm leaving no doubt in anyone's mind that I'm in this to win it as quickly as I can. No matter how proactive you are Bill, every reaction I have is gonna be better then yours. You can't plan for what I got mate, you're certainly not ready for it."

Ben yawned loudly.

"Alright, that one wasn't planned as a Mickey take." Ben said. "So I guess that means I'm good to go and get my head down. Cheers for that absolutely boring piece of work you two put out, cause it means after rewatching it before I started rabbiting, rehashing it as I was talking about and throwing down some counter points, this could be the best nights kip I've had in a long time."

Ben winked.

"Laters people" He said with a thank you signalling nod.

Ben turned and walked off camera as the camera swung up to get another shot at the stars before fading to black.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 06:21:33 PM »
* I opted to due combined promos for Bill and Bea for Summer XXXTreme XI rather than individual promos *

BEN JORDAN AND SAMANTHA MARLOWE ARE IN TROUBLE FOR TRYING TO BLAME BILL AND BEA FOR THEIR LOSS IN THE MIXED TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT

Narrator:  Can you believe the audacity, or you can call it the stupidity, of some people that when they screw things up they try to blame everyone else for their screw ups? Yep! That’s why Bill and Bea Barnhart have a Mixed Tag Team Grudge Match against Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe at Summer XXXTreme XI as Ben and Sam decided to try to blame Bill and Bea for their loss during the Mixed Tag Team Tournament.

BILL AND BEA BARNHART ON THE PRINCESS CRUISE SHIP FOR SUMMER XXXTREME XI

Bill and Bea Barnhart boarded the Cruise Ship, where Summer XXXTreme XI is being held, early in the week and now they are enjoying the cruise leading up to Summer XXXTreme XI which is being held on Sunday, July 2, 2023. Iris is not with them since Management does not allow us to bring our pets with us so she is in boarding at Camp Bow Wow in Lawrenceville, Georgia. When the scene cuts to a shot of Bill and Bea in their room it appears the two are ready to go out and walk around on the Cruise Ship to see what is going on.

Bill:  I wish to thank Management for allowing a camera person to shadow us so we can present comments for our upcoming Mixed Tag Team Number One Contender match on Sunday. We have no problem with a camera person following us around because we have nothing to hide unless you count our bathroom time and sleep times. Other than that everything we do and say is public for everyone to view and hear unlike some of the members of Sin City Wrestling who are afraid to have people listen to them talk and watch what they are doing.

Bea:  We really miss Iris as we had to leave her in Boarding at Camp Bow Wow in Lawrenceville, Georgia, as we are not allowed to bring pets on the Cruise Ship. That’s okay because our neighbor, Peter, offered to stop by daily at Camp Bow Wow and check up on Iris to see how she is doing. We will try to do several video calls with Iris so she knows where we are and we can help her understand that we want her to have fun at Camp Bow Wow and that we will be home soon.

Bill:  Are you ready for our walk around the Cruise Ship to see what stupid things others are doing?

Bea:  Hell yeah! Let’s go and amuse ourselves!

STROLLING AROUND THE CRUISE SHIP

The camera person follows Bea and Bill out of their room and they follow the two as they start their walk around the Cruise Ship. After walking a short distance we notice Bill sniffing the air and we wonder what he is smelling.

Bill:  Sniff. . .sniff. . .sniff!

Bea:  What do you smell Bill?

Bill:  Take a deep breath Bea. What I’m smelling is some darn good food being prepared by the Cruise Ship staff! However, Bea, this does lead me to make a comment concerning most of the wrestlers in Sin City Wrestling.

Bea:  Okay. . .where is this one leading?

Bill:  The smell we are experiencing right now is that of nice quality food being prepared by the Cruise Ship staff. We are enjoying breathing in the wonderful smells and later when we have our meal we will be experiencing the food we smell cooking right now. So I would like to make a comparison of something being opposite of smelling good food being cooked.

Bea:  And that comparison is?

Bill:  Although I don’t have exact numbers, or percentages, of the wrestlers in Sin City Wrestling who either outright lie or they don’t realize that when they talk they totally screw up the facts and turn those facts into lies. The comparison I will make between great food being cooked, and the bullshit lies most of the wrestlers in Sin City Wrestling spew forth, will make sense.

Bea:  This should be interesting.

Bill:  Interesting it will be Bea! When we walk around, whether it is in a public street, a park, in the backstage area during a wrestling event, at the staging area to get ready for our entrance for our matches, or after we have entered the ring and our match starts, we constantly hear people spewing forth bullshit. Often we don’t see anyone around but we can still smell the horrible stench of their lies and bullshit spewing forth from their mouths. Too many of our opponents must be eating shit which is why their attitudes stink, their wrestling stinks, because they lie so often. The stench from their continuous lies is enough to have someone call a Hazmat Crew to come and decontaminate the environment.

Bea:  After that explanation I see what you are talking about. For darn sure what you stated applies to Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe. They know I did nothing wrong during their Mixed Tag Team match. They know I didn’t deliberately get involved in their match as I was only being a well-behaved observer standing at ringside. Their blundering around during their match was causing them to lose to Austin James Mercer and Tempest. Apparently they decided to try to trick the Referee into believing that I deliberately interfered in their match and it worked. Well it worked against them I should say. It turns out the Referee wrongfully accused me of deliberately attacking Tempest, and he also determined that obviously Sam and Ben were behind the attack on Tempest, so they got disqualified. Your definition of a horrible stench blowing down wind due to people spewing forth lies fits perfectly for our opponents.

BILL AND BEA CONTINUE THEIR WALK AROUND THE CRUISE SHIP

Bill and Bea continue to walk around the decks on the Cruise Ship. They are surprised when they see several guests on the Cruise Ship holding their pet dogs in their arms, or walking them on a leash, while they are walking around. Bill and Bea confront them asking why, if the Cruise Line doesn’t allow pets on the Cruise Ship why are they allowed to bring their pets. These stuck up, arrogant, and apparently super-rich jerks, snub Bill and Bea and disappear down the deck and around the corner.

Bill:  What the f*ck? So we are ordered to leave our pets at home and yet we see people on this Cruise Ship with their pets. Obviously money purchases special favors. However let it be known that there isn’t enough money in the world for anyone, especially our opponents, to purchase special favors from us.

Bea:  You nailed it Bill. Money buys special favors as we have been seeing recently.

Bea and Bill continue their walk and then they decide to stop near the pool and relax as they have a nice drink bar there and Bill and Bea want to have some drinks while they are presenting comments for Summer XXXTreme XI.

BILL AND BEA CONTINUE WITH THEIR COMMENTS

After ordering drinks Bill and Bea continue to present comments concerning their upcoming Mixed Tag Team Number One Contender match against Ben Jordan and Samantha Marlowe.

Bill:  Some people are always looking for bad things to happen while others, like myself and Bea, always look for the good in others and for good things to happen. In both cases what the person thinks is how the person reacts and it can solidify the outcome either bad or good.

Bea:  Want examples? Say a person is afraid of spiders. Some people are afraid of spiders as one bit them once and their fear is based on that one incident. Then when they see a spider they immediately freak out and nearly have a heart attack because they think the spider will bite them and they will get sick or die. Others come upon spiders and realize they are a creature of nature and that spiders normally eat insects and bugs that are harmful to humans. Knowing that spiders are not normally aggressive to humans and they are beneficial in keeping damaging insects under control means you are thinking logically and you end up having less trauma in your life. If someone is going to ruin their life over a non-issue that’s their thing to deal with. Me and Bill prefer to look past the imaginary things and enjoy our lives.

Bill:  Here is another example. You may be a person who is afraid of heights and after they get a certain distance above the ground they freak out. Even in a building such as the Empire State Building in New York City you have a very secure enclosure around the observation deck. You cannot go to the observation tower and accidentally fall off the Empire State Building because the enclosure around the observation deck is designed to keep you inside the enclosure and not allow you to go outside of the enclosure. Even with this information readily available and verified there are still people who take the elevator to the top of the Empire State Building and as soon as they walk toward the enclosure and look down they freak out and some even pass out from viewing the ground from that high up. When we go to the Empire State Building we fully understand that the enclosure is secure and you cannot just accidentally fall out of the Empire State Building. Knowing information. . .being fully informed. . .and understanding the facts. . .makes you immune to freaking out over non-issues.

Bea and Bill continue to enjoy their drinks and order several more.

KNOWING THE FACTS AND THE TRUTH IS BENEFICIAL

Bill:  I have been in the sport of wrestling for 20 years. I’ve wrestled various places but the two primary Federations were Asylum Wrestling Alliance and now Sin City Wrestling. I did a short tour in Mexico where nearly every wrestler wears a mask which makes it hard for a wrestler to know if their opponent is hurt, scared, or something else. I was the student of a trainer who taught me how to read the eyes of opponents because even if they are wearing a mask their eyes reveal how they feel and if they are hurt. That experience helped me during my time in Asylum Wrestling Alliance and it helps me now in Sin City Wrestling. Although we have some wrestlers in Sin City Wrestling who try to hide their hurt and pain from their opponents no matter how hard they try to cover their pain and hurt I know how they are feeling. When a person is a wrestler and they are able to read the eyes of masked opponents and know how they are feeling and how much they are hurting then how much easier is it for me to know my non-masked and no-makeup opponents are feeling and how much they are hurting? Ben you will find that out at Summer XXXTreme XI every time the men are tagged into our match.

Bea:  Bill has also worked with me concerning opponents who either wear a mask, or apply heavy makeup, to try to hide their feelings, but I have been taught how to see through their deceptions and I take advantage of their hurt. Sam. . .I sure hope you are ready when us Bombshells are tagged into the ring as I will not let up on you until you submit, get pinned, you are made by submit by me, or you get knocked out. Sucks to be you Sam.

Bill and Bea are done with their drinks and they stand up and start walking back to where their room is located. The camera person remains focused on them during their walk and, of course, Bill and Bea will continue with their comments concerning their upcoming match once they arrive back at their room. Once they are standing in front of their room on the Cruise Ship both Bea and Bill face the camera to deliver their closing comments.

CLOSING COMMENTS

Bea:  Sam. . .Sam. . .Sam. . . we meet again. We have been involved in several matches against each other and I admit, as I’m an honest person, that I have yet to defeat you in Singles competition. Does that mean I cannot defeat you in our upcoming Mixed Tag Team match? Yea you wish that is what this match means to you. Since you are the one who raised the most in the way of complaints over the incident with Tempest, that cost you a spot in the Mixed Tag Team Championship match, and you have tried to put the blame on me, there is hell to pay and I will put you through hell and defeat you. While I am beating the crap out of you and you attempt to tag out to Ben I will be there to block your attempt to tag out and I’ll drag you back to the center of the ring and beat you down even more and our team will win the match. I know Bill wants to get the win in the match against Ben Jordan but Bill also knows I honestly want to beat you down and destroy you to get the win for our team.

Bill:  Damn Bea! I’ve see you fired up many times but you are in hyper drive this time! We will take the match as it goes. If you and Sam are tagged into the match you do whatever you need to do to get the win as long as you stay within the rules of our match. If me and Ben are tagged into the match then I will also do whatever I need to do to get the win and I will stay within the rules of our match. History will be made this Sunday when we are vindicated. . .we will become Number One Contenders for the Mixed Tag Team Championship. . .then down the way we will get our Mixed Tag Team Championship match and we will become two-time Mixed Tag Team Champions.

Bea:  As most of you should already know Bill is the king of four-word phrases. Considering what we both told you, last week and this week, Bill will end of closing comments with some of his favorite four-word phrases that apply not only to Ben and Sam but to everyone on the Roster in Sin City Wrestling. Ready Bill? Go!

Bill:  For our upcoming opponents you are ALL BARK AND NO BITE. Any wrestlers in Sin City Wrestling who want to falsely accuse us of stuff DON’T EVEN GO THERE. And the last one I wish to share with you is I TOLD YOU SO as I have told many opponents in the past that they should not underestimate me or Bea.

Bea:  We are done with our comments for today. Thank you for sharing your time with us to listen to our comments concerning our upcoming match. We need to get in our room as we need to make a video call to Iris to let her know we are thinking about her and to find out how she is doing at Camp Bow Wow.

Bea informs the camera person that they are done with their comments for today and the camera person cuts their camera feed and our screen goes dark.

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 09:23:07 PM »
I wonder Bea and Bill if you realize that you are insane.  I don’t mean the cuckoo crazy insane but I can’t help but think that you are the living embodiment of insanity.  They do say you know that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 

I do have to question what result you are looking for this time Bea?  Are you thinking that you are losing relevance so you need to make some sort of statement to get it back.  And in your mind, why would you think that attacking me would do that for you?  Isn’t it enough that every time you think you need to involve yourself in someone’s matches, you pick me?

I have to ask Bea, are you a glutton for punishment or are you insane in thinking that if you attack me you will get a different result when it comes to being in the ring with me?  Like seriously, between the two of us, tell me what it is that you want to prove.  Is it that you think that I will just roll over and let you walk all over me when you attack me or step into my matches and cost me opportunities?  Or do you think that if you make me angry enough I will be off my game and you will finally be able to say that you got a win over me.  Again, I have to remind you that as much as I have faced you in the ring and as much as you want to beat me…y’all come up short when the final bell rings.

Now don’t get me wrong, you are someone that can bring it in the ring.  But you are putting yourself into a situation that for all intents and purposes is a losing one.  Try as I might, I just can’t understand the ‘beat me beat me I like it’ masochistic desire to have me beat you again and again.  One of these days Bea, you are going to end up making me angry and then I am not going to be responsible for what happens. 

And Bill, I have to give you credit for standing up for your wife and her delusional self.  And I know that even though you and I will not face one another, I do have a tag team partner that well, had his opportunity of challenging for the Mixed Tag titles taken away by your wife.  And I am sure that Ben has talked all about that and about what he is going to be doing in the ring against you.  I am just sorry that you were put in that position by your wife.

I have to say, I do have respect for you though.  You have won titles here in SCW and that isn’t something to just brush off.  So, props where props are due, this match between the two of you versus Ben and I is going to be hard hitting I am sure and when push comes to shove, it will be for the number one contendership for the Mixed Tag titles.  And I apologize now but when the final bell rings, Justin Decent will be announcing that the new number one contenders will be…

Ben Jordan and Sam Marlowe.     

"Save me, Ginge!"

A loud pounding gets the attention of Sam Marlowe who is dressed in a pair of denim overalls over a Disney Stitch crop top.  Sitting in front of her mirror, she is holding a makeup brush that she sets down before she moves towards her stateroom door.  Her hand reaches out and turns it only to have it push her back as a whirlwind rushes in and slams it shut, their back against it.

“What is the matter Ben?  You look a little worse for wear,” comments Sam taking in the ripped shirt that is hanging off the shoulders and torso of her friend.  “Why are you dressed like that?  Did you get into some kind of fight?”

Turning, Ben leans down and puts his eye to the peephole of the doorway as he tosses his reply over his shoulder.  “You could say so.  A rather friendly flock of birds decided they wanted to…ummm have you heard of Benny Hill?” he asks as he turns around again to smile at Sam.  “First we were havin’ a rabbit then next I knew; the chase was on.”

Sam looks suspiciously at Ben then moves towards the door, opening it while Ben squeezes behind it for cover.  Sam looks down the hallway to see the group of women looking around as if they had lost something.  One woman sees Sam in the hallway and moves toward her.   “Have you seen Ben Jordan?  I heard he is on this floor and I also heard that he is single so I thought I might take a chance you know…getting to know him better,” offers the woman with a waggle of her eyebrows.  Sam steps back into her room and turns slightly to see Ben shaking his head and mouthing the word no.

“So sorry,” she offers with a shrug of her shoulders.  “I’m just his tag partner and I was supposed to meet him down by the ring build that is going on.  Have you checked that area out?” she offers with a half smile as she brushes her fingers through her hair.  The woman nods and says thanks as she joins the other women.  The group head off on their search for Ben as Sam closes the door. 

“Thanks Sam,” says Ben as he moves towards the couch in Sam’s stateroom.  “So, I am here for our date night…let’s give it a bit to lose the hangers on then we can head out.”  Sitting on the couch, he crosses his legs with his foot hanging on his knee.   

Sam gives him a look as she sits across from him.  “I know that we have tended to not match clothing when it comes to the date but don’t you think your outfit is a little revealing?” Sam muses as she fights a grin.  “I mean I am pretty sure dressed like that, not too many women are going to be watching the movie.”

Ben looks down at his tattered ripped shirt and nods almost seriously as he takes it in.  “Maybe you are right Sam.  But I can’t change here and I don’t want to go out there…”  Ben shudders at the thought.  “You have to figure out how to get me to my room where I have clothes or we’ll just put up our plates here and crack on with date night here.”

“Oh no we will not Prat,” answers Sam as she moves towards the mirror once more.  “I finally got everything prepared for this year’s date night and this time you are going to listen and do what I tell you…comprendez?”

Sam once more picks up the brush and swirls it in a light powdery eyeshadow then slowly drags it across the lid of her right eye, winking at herself as Ben leans back.  “Getting bossy Ginge, this isn’t cricket you know.  I never thought you would be telling me what to do.”  Ben acts hurt which makes Sam turn suddenly in her chair.

“Don’t you even start Ben.  One year you were formal and I was casual, another year you were casual and I decided to dress up.  This time we are going to match even if I have to dress you myself!”  exclaims Sam.  “Besides, what were you going to wear huh?”

Ben shrugs slowly as if he hadn’t made any plans one way or another which only makes Sam sigh and mutter ‘Jiminy Cricket’  Gettiing to her feet, she moves to the closet and pulls out a bathrobe with the ships name on the pocket then a rather large floppy hat.  “Put this on,” she says as she tosses the two items at Ben.

“I don’t think they will let us wear this to the movie Sammi,” says the Brit as he looks at the robe and hat.  “Besides, what is with this get up?”

“You need to get back to your stateroom to change and you have some predators looking to jump you out there so it is a disguise Ben.  It will allow us to get you back to your room so I can help you pick out something to wear tonight.  Then I can get back here to get ready myself,” says Sam.  She plucks the hat out of Ben’s hand and plops it on his head and covers the laugh that was threatening with a cough as Ben gives her a how dare you look.  “Or we could let you crack on without it and take your chances out in the open…”

The look of horror that crosses Ben’s face is classic as he scrambles to put on the robe and then pulls the hat over his eyes.  Sam reaches for the coiled key bracelet for her room and moves to the door.  “Come on Ben, let’s get you to your stateroom.”

Ben joins her as the two of them move out of Sam’s stateroom and into the corridor.  Looking both ways, the tag team moves to the elevator and then steps inside as it opens.  The glass elevator looks over the deck where Ben sees his ‘entourage’ looking for him and he turns to avoid their glance.  Sam watches as she sees one of the women point at the elevator.  “We need to move quickly Ben.  Got any of that spy skills?”

Ben winks and then grabs Sam’s hand before the elevator doors open.  As the pair exits the elevator and spies the women advancing, Ben winks and brings his hand up with Sam’s eyes widening in surprise.

SNAP!

The area around the pair freezes with no motion from anyone other than Sam and Ben.  “You could have done that all along?  Prat!” exclaims Sam as the pair move towards Ben’s stateroom.  Once there, Sam waits, her foot tapping slightly as she watches Ben open his door.  He waves her inside before following her in.  He stops and leans out of the room to snap his fingers once more with a wink.

Sam made her way to the closet which she opens to reveal Ben’s clothes hung there.  Reaching inside, she pulls out a pair of dark pants, dark shoes and a white buttondown shirt.  Turning, she holds up the outfit and motions to it.  “This will work I think,” she offers before handing them to Ben.  “Now that we have you sorted out, I am going to get ready.  I will see you in an hour right?” Sam asks.

“An hour it is Ginge,” replies Ben with a smile.  “Least this time we will match.”

Sam laughs as she makes it to the door.  “Remember that snappy thing and I will hopefully see you at my door with your clothes still intact.”

“No promises Sammi,” teases Ben as Sam exits the room.

Tick tock…One hour later…

Ben Jordan stands outside of Sam Marlowe’s room, dressed in the outfit she had picked out for him.  Tugging lightly at the collar of his shirt, Ben then brings his fist against the door of Sam’s room.

“You ready Sammi?” he calls out.  He steps back as Sam opens the door wearing a short black dress and heels with her hair pulled back to cascade down her back in long curls.  “You look ready but more for a party than a movie night.  You sure we are dressed right?”

Sam nods as she steps into the corridor.  “I am just glad we are on the same page clothing wise.  Besides, I think that this time we are going to be able to watch the movie without worrying that you would stick out or I would.  This looks normal for the two of us wouldn’t you agree.”

“I don’t know about normal Ginge…I am Ben Jordan after all,” says the Brit with another pop of his collar.  Sam shakes her head and turns to walk towards the location of the movie under the stars.  Ben moves to join her as the pair move down the corridor. 

A young woman and a little girl are walking along the hall and pass Sam and Ben.  The little girl turns to look at Ben then tugs on her mother's beach cover.

"Look mama, brown chicken brown cow" she says with a smile pointing at Ben.  Sam ducks her head and giggles as Ben gives her a strange look.

"Brown chicken brown...cow?" he asks which only makes Sam laugh harder.  "What is she on about?"

"I think she means bow chicka bow wow," answers Sam as she tries to catch her breath.  “Gettin’ all the girls aren’t ya.”

“Wait a minute Ginge…I am not trying to get anyone,” argues Ben as he looks back to see the little girl who winks at him with a little wave and smile.  He smiles back but then takes the hand of his partner and tucks into his elbow.  “Now where were we?”

“On our way to see the movie,” replies Sam.  “Although, don’t y’all think that maybe we should be discussing strategy for the match instead?”

“Date night tonight, then tomorrow, we talk strategy,” answers Ben as the pair walk along the corridor.  “Besides, it is only the Barnharts…how strategic do we need to be?”

“I guess…” says Sam.  “Oh and by the way, I heard that you talked to the techs about our entrance?  Did we manage to get the song?”

Ben nods and says yep, popping the “P”.

“I loved the song you suggested but people are going to talk you know,” muses Sam. 

“Let em,” returns Ben as he reaches for the elevator button.  Once the car arrives at the floor, he guides Sam inside and she reaches for the button to take them to the theater under the stars.  The ride is quiet for the most part until the doors open to reveal Ben’s fans.  Ben again tucks the hand of Sam against his elbow and leads her out of the elevator to the sad sighs of disappointment from the fans.  Sam softly chuckles as she raises her eyebrow at the Brit which he pointedly ignores.

“So what movie is playing tonight Sammi?” he asks.

“I don’t know…I didn’t really look.  But I did manage to arrange for snacks and drinks,” offers Sam as she leads Ben toward a pair of loungers near the back of the theater where a table is resting between them with two drinks ready to drink. 

Sitting on a lounger, Sam curls her legs under her and picks up her glass to hold it up to Ben who has settled on the opposite lounger.  “Here’s to date night,” toasts Sam.

“To date night,” answers Ben as he brings the edge of his glass up to clink against Sam’s.  “And to our win on Sunday and the number one contendership.”

Sam nods just as the music of the start of the movie plays.  The two lean back as the opening credits of the movie cross the screen.

Okay, I have to say it.  You have finally pushed enough of my buttons for me to be a bit peeved Bea.  I can’t believe you and your need to try to make yourself better than you are.  And the fact that you keep spouting revisionist history and even worse, you have your husband spouting the same nonsense. 

We both know Bea that y’all got into that match to cost Ben and I our shot at those titles.  I don’t know what you were thinking but once you did it you blamed everyone but the one person responsible…

YOU!

I get it Bea, I must be some kind of annoyance to you for you to decide to get involved in my match.  Why did you though.  You talk about how you wanted to be an observer of the match and then when the opportunity came up, you took it to attack Tempest and cost us the match.  I hope you are happy Bea with what you have sown.  Because you are about to reap something that you have reaped before.

Let me go back shall we?  You decided to hit me with burning hot coffee then lie and said that I basically threw it in my own face.  And that time you managed to push me into a match that ended up with me beating you.  Which was the start of every match seeing me beat you.  I know that must be driving you insane because no matter how much I want to move past you, I just can’t can I?  You need to keep reminding me that you are there and that when it comes to me, you keep putting yourself into my crosshairs.

Are you doing this because you know that the title shot was something that I wanted so much?  Or are you doing this to take away things that I want because you are jealous that I am more in the spotlight than you are?  Either way Bea, at Summer XXXTreme, it is going to be you and me in a mixed tag match where Ben will be dealing with your husband and I will be shattering your dreams once again when I beat you from stem to peter finish. 

Bill I wish you would do something about your wife and her lies.  They are starting to infect you and that is sad.  Revisionist history is all well and good but all it is doing now is making you seem small and weak because you can’t admit that you did something.  It is making you look like a chump that needs to lie to appear to be better than you are.  That is fine Bill, but delusions don’t win matches and lies don’t erase the fact that your wife has put you in the position to once again lose in a match.

Here on the Princess, y’all are going to be stepping into the ring with two wrestlers who are multiple champions and when it is all over, we will be in line for another shot at the Mixed Tag titles.  Whether it is Ben hitting his Crossing Jordan on Bill or me hitting the Sammisault on Bea…the Barnharts are in for a beating and will be losing on Sunday.

I would wish you luck but something tells me that your luck ran out when Bea decided to take away our shot.  See you Sunday.