Author Topic: Gypsy Luck?  (Read 906 times)

Offline Georgie Girl

• View Profile
Gypsy Luck?
« on: April 21, 2023, 08:12:17 PM »
Georgie Robertson:  Romania…it had to be Romania?!?

The young woman’s voice was filled with disgust as she slowly rose from the backseat of the rather old fashioned car wearing a pair of black pants and a white tank under a trendy letterman jacket.  On the other hand, Lalita in a dark dress and heels was also exiting the car, a pair of sunglasses slowly being raised along with a skeptical eyebrow.  The two women share a look and both shudder slightly.

Lalita:  I had heard that this is where you come to rent campers Georgie.  The way I hear it, this is the best rental place for this kind of thing.

Georgie:  You have got to be kidding me Lalita, there ain’t nuffin’ here that would even be worthy of being called a camper.  And explain to me again why we have to camp out in this alleged haunted forest.

Lalita finished pushing the glasses to the top of her head and slammed the door of the car after a string of what was probably Romanian curse words. 

Lalita:  According to the email that was sent out by Mark Ward, he said that since he wasn’t going to be in Romania, every wrestler was going to have to camp out in the forest…no exception!  So I called ahead to find a camper rental and this is what I got..Laszlo’s rentals or at least that is what I thought it said.

The driver inches forward, forcing Georgie to slam her door.  He stops and then exits the car to open the boot of the car and lug out their suitcases leaving them in a heap on the road before getting back into his vehicle and leaning out of the window.

Cab driver:  You talk Laszlo, he fix you up.

The driver pulls away with a large puff of black smoke that makes Lalita cough.  Georgie turns away, eyes watering as she looks around for this “Laszlo”

Georgie Robertson:  So where is this Laszlo?

A wolf whistle from the side gets the attention of both ladies who turn angrily to find a swarthy teenager with a smirk on his face.  He is dressed in a blousy shirt with embroidery and dark felt pants.  His boots stop mid calf and a diamond earring flashes in one ear.

Youth:  You lookin’ for Uncle Laszlo?  I, Nico, will take you to him.  Follow me pretty ladies.

Georgie and Lalita each grabs their own bag and follow the youth who leads them to a circle of wagons where an old lady in colourful clothing is sitting on the front of one and a middle aged man in an almost matching costume of Nico is seen arguing with her in Romany. 

Lalita:  Oh my god, pikeys…Laszlo’s rental is owned by a bloody pikey.  Nah, ain’t bloody happenin’

Lalita’s outburst gets the attention of the old woman whose dark eyes sparkle with an amused anger while the man turns on Lalita angrily.   Georgie hangs back a little, her eyes on the old lady who turns to wink at the young woman.

Laszlo:  You here for why?

The old lady holds out her hand and motions to the man. 

Old Gypsy woman:  They are here to rent a wagon Laszlo.  This one is going to be fighting for something soon and they need to be protected from things that could do them harm.  They go into the forest and need talismans.

The woman cackles as Lalita shakes her head.  Georgie is intrigued by the woman and moves closer.

Georgie Robertson:  How did you know that?

The old woman taps at her temple with another wink then points at something behind the two.  Turning, Georgie sees that she is pointing to a rather ratty looking promotional poster for Climax Control.  Shaking her head, Georgie turns around and looks back at the old woman who has leapt down from the wagon and is approaching her.

Georgie Robertson:  Oy…what are you on about?

Not speaking, the gypsy woman grabs the hand of the young woman and brings it upwards to squint at it.  She looks up at a surprised Georgie and points into her palm.  The young woman from South London tries to pull away but the talons of the old lady hold her fast.

Old Gypsy woman:  You are not who you claim to be…but you are exactly who you are.  I see here that you will be put to the test.  Two women are in your future and both will try to hold you back but you will overcome.  I see you as a challenge…you will be winning much before you g home to win more.

Georgie looks into her palm and then at the old woman who slips back into the stereotypical romani woman who gives fortunes to tourists.  Lalita pulls Georgie’s hand from her then drags her along away from the rental place.    Laszlo calls out

Laszlo:  You still need camper for forest?  You want to give look see?

Lalita stops and turns to the gypsy man and nods curtly.

Lalita:  I will need you to deliver it to the Hoia Forest.  Let’s get this over with shall we?

She moves towards the campers followed by Georgie who continues to look at the gypsy woman who has drawn a small crowd of young people who are pointing at the poster then Georgie herself.  Laszlo guides the pair around a few campers and out of sight of the jabbering youth.

Laszlo guides them into a camper that seems rather well taken care of but still a bit small.  Georgie steps through to the bed area where a colourful  blanket is laid out on a bed.  Laszlo can be heard selling the camper rental to Lalita who is haggling on the price.  Suddenly, Georgie catches a glimpse of herself in a mirror that distorts her image.  Behind her through the window, the wrestling poster is there with Georgie’s head framed by it with what looks like the word win.  A smile breaks over her face and she turns to Lalita.

Georgie Robertson:  Tell him we’ll take it.  And tell him we want it delivered today.

Laszlo beams at that comment as Lalita just shakes her head in surprise at the comment from Georgie who gets to her feet and exits the camper leaving Lalita to arrange for the camper and delivery.  Moving to the gypsy woman, Geogie holds out her hand and waves it for her.

Georgie Robertson:  Tell me old woman, do you see me winning on Sunday?

The gypsy woman nods solemnly before her face cracks with a smile at Georgie who begins to smile herself.  Lalita joins her shaking her head. 

Lalita:  WE have that thing for three days…you are going to owe me Georgie.  My idea of camping is a four star hotel…

Georgie just laughs as she turns to walk away.  Lalita keeps following her still complaining.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Georgie Robertson can be seen walking in a stand of trees in the twilight, tendrils of fog curling around her lower legs.  She has her hair pulled back into a slick style that has a soft curl hanging over her forehead.  Walking ahead of her, Lalita has a Go Pro pointed at the young brit before counting down and then pointing at Georgie.

Georgie Robertson:  Well, what do you ken is going to happen now that we are so far into the unsolved mysteries tour.  I must tell you that I have solved some mysteries that have been swirling around the of Sin City Wrestling.  First, what has happened to me that I was out of the spotlight.  That one was easy to solve…I just couldn’t be arsed to be in the ring.  That and that I was suffering from the ‘vid.  But now I am back and better than ever. 

Georgie Robertson:  The next mystery was why I haven’t gotten the chances that I should have been given.  It was because I was facing Jessie Salco and tell you what…she did manage to beat me because I she just needed the win that much more than I did.  So, in a way, I was the one that gifted her the chance to become a champion again.  You are welcome, Jessie.

The smirk on the face of Georgie oozed contempt as her lips curled into a sneer.

Georgie Robertson:  Now with that good deed, what did that earn me hmmm?  A chance to be given the chance to win a shot at the Bombshell Internet title.  Am I going to take this serious?  No doubt that I am going to be as serious as a heartattack in going to get me a shot.  But the mystery of that is how will I accomplish this feat considering that I am going to be facing two others who want the chance just as much as I do. 

Georgie looks down at the curling fog and kicks at it. 

Georgie Robertson:  My first opponent is Laura Phoenix.  The oldest woman in this match, granted age does give experience and I know she will let you know that she is someone that needs to be taken seriously.  If I am honest however, you have the aged against me…I am younger and faster and more dangerous that her.  She has a daughter who is a bombshell so one has to wonder just why she has joined Sin City Wrestling at her age.  Is this actual evidence of some sort of midlife crisis?  Like if she were a man, this would be like buying a little red sports car to validate their continued relevance.  As much as I think that she needs that validation, will it be worth getting her ‘arris kicked?

Georgie Robertson:  Then there is Seleana Zdunich.  The sad shadowed wife of Christina Caldwell…I mean Crystal Hilton…I mean…who cares.

Shaking her head, Georgie moves towards a tree and leans against it to focus on the camera again. 

Georgie Robertson:  Seleana is another woman who seems to be cruising through Siun City Wrestling with no real direction.  That and the fact that she keeps getting title shots and number one contender matches without even being worth of them.  I mean what has she done lately to even have earned the match that she has this weekend?  If I was the person that I booked these cards I would be putting her in a match that would be the opening one because she really can’t headline shows anymore…

Lalita:  (interrupting)  Georgie…your match is the opening match at Climax Control.

Georgie Robertson:  Oh my bloody god!  Putting me in the opener?  I guess they wanted to have the most exciting match first.  Setting the tone of the night with the best match.  I guess then that I have to change my opinion of the booker of the card.  I seriously thought is was some know nothing, not thought out choices but obviously the booker realizes talent by putting me in the opening match.

Georgie begins to slow clap with a smirk.

Georgie Robertson:  Brav fawking oh.  You just put Seleana and Laura in the first match to get their ‘arris’s kicked then they can go and drowned their losses while I celebrate my win.  I hope you have some kind of bone to throw them so their disappointment won’t be too much.  Because I am coming to win this match and when I do…I will be setting my sights on the bombshell Internet title at home in London. 

With that Georgie pushes away from the tree and begins to walk once more towards the camera, a smile breaking over her face as her hand comes up to cover the lens to send the scene to black with only the sound of soft laughter heard from the darkness.