Author Topic: “The Ides of March.”  (Read 998 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“The Ides of March.”
« on: March 27, 2023, 08:39:01 PM »
(Kat, Goth and Melissa were used with permission from their handlers)

Krystal shocked the wrestling world at Blaze of Glory XI by not only joining The Saviours but turning her back on her cousin Cassie and her friend Ariana Angelos! It would seem that resentment had been brewing in the Aussie Bombshell for a little over a year now and it finally boiled over at Blaze of Glory XI and she was willing to burn most of the bridges that she had built along the way kicking off this new era with a win over Chelsea Le Clair that same night.

One thing hadn’t changed though and that was Krystal’s third straight participation in this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament where she looked to end her rotten run of luck in the tournament! Her partner this year was the seven foot tall, near four hundred pound Hall of Famer Casey Williams who had come out of retirement for the tournament and her first round opponents were a similarly odd pairing, the Amazonian Bombshell Zoey Lukas and a newcomer to SCW in Joe Montouri! Can Krystal finally make it past round one?

Backstage at Climax Control 355, Reno, Nevada
Sunday the 26th of February 2023, 19:00pm

I didn’t know it yet, but my destiny was about to take a dramatic turn.

Up until that point I had been feuding with Chelsea Le Clair over some comments I made about a former member of the Bombshell Roster whom she happened to be friends with, I didn’t care to be honest because at this point I just wanted to get on Supercards regularly again, something that had been happening with some uncertainty since my Bombshell Roulette Title reign ended in 2022 but I had no idea just where it would take me at the time.

Chelsea was scheduled to take on Melissa of the Saviours tonight in a warm-up match for both women, Chelsea was set to take me on off course but Melissa was one of two challengers for Kayla Richards’ Bombshell Internet Title alongside Ariana! My interest in this match was purely related to the match between me and Chelsea but I still secured myself a front row seat from the entrance ramp, even applauding Chelsea’s actions when she get the win.

But as Kat and Goth were helping Melissa to the back, we talked, what about? Well, you’re about to find out.

”Saviours, Saviours, were thou art thou Saviours.” I muttered to myself as I wondered around the backstage area not really paying attention to anyone else, I did eventually locate Kat and Goth as they were chatting outside the medic’s office. ”You said we needed to talk?” I asked as I approached them and the two older wrestlers looked up before nodding.

“Mac would be here but he’s got a World Title Match to prepare for, and Kim’s got that Roulette Tag Match coming up to boot.” Kat explained as she turned to me and I frowned as I looked over the older woman. “Be honest with us Krystal. Have you truly been happy as a member of Team Go?”

That question caught me off guard for a number of reasons, Kat was good friends with Ari and Carter off course but the fact that she was asking me this peeked my interest. ”Confidentially? I feel like I’ve been shifted to the side since Ari made her SCW debut, ad her Roulette Title reign didn’t help matters.” I admitted and when Goth and Kat shared a look my curiosity went up. ”Why?”

“We have been watching you for some time Krystal, ever since you fired Matthew and Marty as your managers.” Goth elaborated and I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed as I processed his words. “Your talents are all too apparent, but we feel that your talents are being squandered.”

”Who do you mean by “we”? I asked with a confused look on my face at which point Melissa emerged from the medic’s office. ”Just the two of you, or does this come from your leader?”

“The Saviours has no official leadership in fact, we think of ourselves as more of a democracy.” Kat elaborated and I frowned as I processed the information. “Lt’s not beat around the bush much longer, The Saviours have voted in favour of welcoming you into their ranks Krystal, it’s up to you whether you accept our incitation or not.”

I blinked a few times as I processed that information and it was a tempting offer but I had my reservations. ”I’m flattered but what about Team Go? They have had my back since I arrived in SCW.” I asked at which point Melissa shook her head. ”What?”

“Just tell us one thing Krystal.” Melissa said as she turned to me and I turned to the rookie wrestler. “When was the last time that either Carter, Ariana or even Cassie checked in on you to see how you were doing after your Roulette Title reign ended last year?” Melissa asked and just like that? I started to think over the past year. “Or do I need to remind you of that one time you checked yourself out of hospital to train for a Roulette Title Match?”

”You don’t, and the last time they checked on me was immediately after my reign ended, and even then it was only Cass.” I explained and the three members of the Saviours shared a look. ”What are you getting at?”

“Only one person checked on you and it was immediately after the reign ended, when you were still recovering from the shock.” Kat responded simply and for lack of better word? It clicked in my head. “And it could be argued that her actions lead to the end of the reign, some friends you’ve got huh?”

That was the tipping point, I didn’t need any further persuasion honestly. ”Tell Mac that he has a new Saviours member, but I don’t want to make it official until Blaze of Glory and when I sort out this business with Chelsea.” I responded and the three Saviours members nodded in understanding. ”It’ll give me time to figure out how to get some stuff off my chest in the meantime.”

“We look forward to it.” Kat nodded in response before we went out separate ways, as for what happened next?

For lack of better term? I snapped at Blaze of Glory, Cassie interrupting my promo time pushed me over the edge and I gave her a dose of reality before I officially severed ties with Team Go, the next couple of weeks would set the rest of my career in motion.

Sure, it nearly cost me my marriage to Makayla who, well, let’s just say that she wasn’t too thrilled with my actions at Blaze of Glory but it will be worth it in the end.

Because certain sacrifices needed to be made for the greater good of my career!

Krystal’s new home, Grand Junction, Colorado
Monday the 27th of March 2023, 11:00am

Just over a month removed from that fateful night in Reno and I don’t regret it for a second.

There was off course some changes that needed to be made, I knew returning to the back after I betrayed Ari that I had effectively gotten myself banned from the gym that had trained me but fortunately The Saviours used the Hell’s Gate training facility, a school ran by Whisper in Grand Junction, Colorado, the other thing? Well, La Vegas had nothing left to offer me or Makayla so we moved to Grand Junction.

Oh yeah, that whole mess, I don’t think I need to point out that Makayla wasn’t exactly pleased with my actions at Blaze of Glory XI and the only reason we’re still married is because I managed to persuade her that my actions were for the greater good of my career, the topic of divorce did come up again last night after I got back to my hotel room in Canada because of my……..interaction with the fans but I was able to diffuse the situation.

How long I would be able to keep that up was anyone’s guess.

Besides that, I’ve got my Blast from the Past Match to worry about, last week The Saviours had a fairly poor showing in the opening round matches with only Goth and Kim and Ken and Courtney making it past round one, in the defence of the others though? Chris Page and Melissa faced stiff competition from Calvin Harris and Dawn Warren not to mention the fact that they got screwed over by a blind referee, and Peter?

He was unfortunate enough to face Ken’s team and have Seleana as his partner! Seleana may be a former two time champion but whatever fire she had when she first entered SCW has long since been extinguished, I’m pretty sure the bosses only keep her around for when they need a body for a random title match or contenders match but it’s quickly become apparent that she can’t keep up with the new crop of Bombshells.

That off course, left me and Mac as the only Saviours members left in round one, Mac was teaming with Bella’s mom (on account of Bella being pregnant and all) to take on two newcomers in Terryl Fexxfield and Wilma Shakesfear whilst I was teaming with the much bigger Casey Williams to take on Zoey Lukas and Joe Montouri.

Joe was a name I was vaguely familiar with, I knew the guy was active in a number of different promotions alongside competing in several different charity events organised by wrestlers outside of SCW I can’t say I’ve ever seen his work, Mac told me not to underestimate the guy but we’ll see how he handles my partner.

Zoey on the other hand? I knew her all to well and she was entering this match with her usual arrogant swagger, still thinking that the fact that she can bench press more than I weigh makes up for the fact that she’s failed to live up to her sister’s legacy in any meaningful way, I look forward to sending this Wolfslair member packing.

”Okay, internet is officially set up at our new home.” I muttered to myself as I checked the router to confirm that yes, we had an internet connection, my house back in Las Vegas was pretty big, it had one bedroom, a guest bedroom, two stories and office space alongside the standard stuff and at the time I brought it? It felt perfect for a single woman like me, even after Makayla moved to the US and moved in with me after I won the Roulette Title it still felt perfect since we were a lesbian couple and at the time kids seemed like a distant fantasy at best, then Rachel came into our lives, and after a year of that? Makayla decided to get herself pregnant via artificial insemination.

Frankly the move had become of matter of when we moved, not if, even if Makayla wasn’t carrying twins we didn’t have enough space at the old house for another kid, off course at the time I didn’t expect that we’d move out of state but here we are.

”Much as I don’t agree with your actions as of late? You know how to pick a good house Charlotte.” Makayla commented as she looked around the new house and I glanced at her pregnant belly, there was no way around it, Makayla was about to enter the penultimate month of her pregnancy and at this rate, it wouldn’t be long before she was in a labour room delivering twin baby girls, but Makayla clearing her throat brought me out of that happy moment. ”Do you still not have any regrets?”

”To put it bluntly? No, I had been drifting away from the other Go Gym Graduates for a while when I wasn’t teaming with Ari or Carter, and once Carter signed with SCW it felt like Ari had shoved me aside to be with her bestie again.” I responded as I shook my head and Makayla said nothing. ”And Cass was getting out of control, someone needed to bring her back to reality and Ruth damn sure wasn’t going to do it.”

”I don’t disagree with you on the point about Cassie, and whilst Ruth is a loving mother, if not very overbearing, I strongly doubt that kicking her daughter in the jaw was the first thing that came to her mind!” Makayla responded as she shook her head and I stood up to my full height as she continued. ”Have you seen Cassie’s tweets? The poor girl’s been devastated by everything that’s happened to her, you’ve had mental health issues in the past, you know what it’s like Charlotte!”

”And I overcame them.” I responded dismissively and Makayla shook her head with a facepalm. ”Cassie might be two years short of being able to legally drink in the US but she’s still my relative, she’ll get over this event just like I did.”

”I honestly can’t believe that this is the same woman I married a year ago.” Makayla responded with a shocked look on her face. ”Your mental health issues stemmed from a losing streak and your inability to get back in the title picture and win a title, Cassie’s issues stem from the fact that she was attacked by someone she saw as a big sister figure!” Makayla added as she marched up to me and folded her arms. ”Those are not the same and you know it Krystal!”

”Maybe not, but we both know that Cassie is a much stronger person than everything else about her would suggest.” I responded with a frown as I stepped up to her. ”It took a strong person to survive my father, it takes someone just as strong to grow up knowing that your aunt was brutally murdered and buried in her backyard by her husband, need I remind you that Cass was barely twelve years old when my mom’s body was discovered?”

”And yet you still attacked her for daring to ask questions you didn’t like.” Makayla responded with an angry sigh before she spun on her heel and headed towards the kitchen. ”Charlotte, you know damn well that the only reason we’re not in divorce court right now is because you promised that your actions would lead to a better future for us, Rachel, Zosia and Cara.” Makayla added as she motioned to her pregnant belly to illustrate her point. ”But even I have my limits as far as that’s concerned, we’ve been through hell and back together, don’t throw it all away to get noticed in SCW.”

We mutually decided to drop that conversation at that point, frankly it was giving us both a migraine and the last thing a woman as heavily pregnant as Makayla needs right now is more stress! All I could really do was focus on my BFTP Match.

Krystal’s home, Grand Junction, Colorado
Tuesday the 28th of March 2023, 11:00am

*promo time*

Everything you thought you knew is wrong.

”You know, I was thinking of doing something similar to what Jessie did last week, do the promo that site of the local mystery, you know? Then I read the sealed part and I was like: yeah I don’t think the bosses pay me enough to risk getting arrested in Barbados for breaking and entering!” I admitted with a shrug as I stepped towards my camera. ”Or whatever the equivalent in Barbados is! But that’s not what you’re here for, you’re here because I recently changed my destiny for the better! All it took was a kick and two steel chairs.”

Funny that.

”I’ve already explained in detail why I joined The Saviours and more importantly, why I attacked my now former friend Ariana and my cousin Cass! To summarise? I needed a change in scenery and friends, my membership in The Saviours offered both but there’s one thing that hasn’t changed, and that’s my participation in this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament.” I stated as I folded my arms with a cocky smirk on my face. ”Call me what you want, a backstabber, a betrayer, a bitch, that one c-word that people think Australians like me say on a regular basis, but I’d prefer it if you called me tenacious because that’s exactly what I am and something that Zoey Lukas and J-Mont will find out the hard way on Sunday!”

As for my partner?

”But I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention my partner, J-Mont’s probably never heard of him, let’s be honest, but he’s a seven-foot tall giant and an SCW Hall of Famer in Casey Williams! Unlike my previous partners he’s never held a world title, then again? Considering my luck with this tournament I probably would’ve taken Bill fucking Barnhart as my partner!” I admitted as I paced around my office space. ”Which is funny considering that my one and only male opponent in last year’s tournament was a big motherfucker in Supreme Machine but I digress! Let’s talk about my opponents, shall we?”

Starting with Zoey.

”Ahh Zoey, still stuck in your sister’s shadow huh? You’ve been in SCW for how long and you still haven’t done anything of note? Your one title match to date was that Open Invitational Clusterfuck that opened the year for the Bombshell Roulette Division and you didn’t put much effort into promoting that match, are you that afraid of success or did Alicia get you’re your ear about wasting your time on the gimmick division?” I asked as I folded my arms with a scowl. ”Honestly considering you’ve let Alicia do all the thinking for you since day one I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case.”

And I’m being generous.

”I’ll just cut right to the chase, Zoey you’ve been coaxing on two things since you arrived in SCW, your strength and the fact that you share a daddy with a famous but washed-up Bombshell who I’m sure has already filled your mind with her opinions on me, such a pity that you can’t think for yourself, otherwise you might be a good wrestler.” I stated as I shook my head. ”But alas, the only thing people will remember you for is the fact that you are a musclehead who happens to be related to Alicia Lukas, all muscles, no brains, no skill, need I go on Zoey?”

I will anyway.

”I mean seriously, who have you beaten Zoey? Jessie? Big deal, at this point my dogs probably have wins over Jessie, Mercedes? At this point she’s basically Jessie’s non-union Argentinian equivalent, the Gemstones? A bunch of idiots who got out-rocked by a band so old that they are dad rock’s dad rock! Hardly the champions row of Bombshells who your sister’s beat, isn’t it?” I asked as I leaned back against the wall. ”So go ahead Zoey, continue to rely on your strength, because if you actually put in the effort to learn the sport maybe you’d be a threat to those who know what the fuck they are doing in the ring, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.”

Next up is J-Mont.

”An outsider trying to get at the World Title through this tournament? Been a while since that’s happened hasn’t it? And I mean an outsider with credentials so don’t bother bringing up those idiots in Jaycee McDonald and Levana Cade from last year’s tournament, I’m pretty sure they are off flipping burgers at some McDonalds in Las Vegas right now anyway! No, instead I’m talking about Joe Montouri or J-Mont, a guy who’s been everywhere in pursuit of gold.” I stated before scoffing. ”Now, due to SCW’s strict intergender rules, I won’t be dealing with this guy directly, I’ll leave that in Casey’s capable hands, but he's such an arrogant little prick that it’d be rude not to give him some attention.”

This will be good.

”Every time SCW holds this tournament, there’s at least one guy who signs up exclusively for it and then fucks off as soon as his time in the tournament is over, I’ve already talked about last year’s example, but where do you fall J-Mont? Will you stick around after Casey’s done playing with his food or will you fuck off into the sunset?” I asked bluntly as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Frankly? I couldn’t give less of a fuck, this tournament is pretty much the only time I ever pay attention to the male division to be honest! But if you do make this a one off? Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!”

Or do, either way it’ll be fun to watch.

”Maybe I’ve grown cynical over the years but maybe it’s just me tired of seeing these new faces crop up in SCW thinking this tournament will be an easy road to championship gold and then fucking off when they realize just how fierce the competition in SCW is! J-Mont, here’s a little history lesson for you, SCW’s been in business for twelve years now, they didn’t last this long by sheer luck.” I added as I folded my arms. ”They did it by having some of the best men and women in the wrestling world at their fingertips! If this becomes too much for you to hand J-Mont then please, fuck off back to PWE!”

It's that simple.

”Zoey, J-Mont, I’m done playing nice, I’m here to carve my own path back to championship gold I don’t give a shit how much blood I need to spill along the way! You two just so happen to be the poor unfortunate souls who are the first obstacle in my path.” I added as I folded my arms. ”As a wise man called Alexander Pope once said, Fools Rush in Where Angels Dare To Tread, and you two are looking mighty foolish as you step into my path, because that is a path where a certain angel dares to tread, oh and Ariana? Get involved at your own risk bitch, because I’ll just put you down again!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”And trust me, I’ll be watching your match against Sam and Teddy like a hawk.” I stated before I paced around my office space. ”But as for J-Mont and Zoey Lukas? Their first mistake was signing up for this tournament, their second was not immediately pulling out when they saw who their first-round opponents were! Their third mistake? Will be thinking that they can still win after all is said and done because those who cross the “SA Slaya” Krystal Wolfe will beware the Ides of March!”

I left my office after turning off the camera as the scene fades.