Author Topic: Time For A Whole New Game  (Read 989 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Time For A Whole New Game
« on: March 24, 2023, 11:58:31 PM »
Thinking Of All The Things
Late hours of March 12th
UMC Hospital Emergency Waiting Room

Blaze of Glory was one hell of a show.

Putting it mildly.

You know those particular nights where you walk into somewhere and you can’t shake a feeling that shit is about to go sideways? From the moment that they walked into the building there was something he couldn’t shake.

And while Miles sat in the waiting room with his headphones on his head, trying to distract himself from the moment, not being able to be back in the various rooms that were back there making sure that his boyfriend’s body was still in one piece after the vicious beating he took just a few miles away. Despite the music, in Miles Kasey’s head...he kept going back through the entire night.

At first he thought it was just the usual butterflies he usually has before every match. He faced Daniel once before, only to come up short and with all the praise being sung his way lately, it just added on to it but it wasn’t that. In fact, even after the double pin finish of their match that same damn feeling stuck around.

He had time before Carter’s match but he rushed changing out of his gear. He wasn’t even upset by how the match ended, he wasn’t in a rush to get out of there but that damn feeling had him throwing on his streets in record time.

He stood at the sidelines when Carter chatted with the fabulous Ms. Willow, smiling like an idiot the entire time and inwardly cringed when he heard Carter say that he was going to “bring out the real Austin”. He didn’t wanna discourage Carter from this match and whatever he may have had in mind but that feeling just multiplied.

He told himself it was all in his head when he walked Carter to the gorilla and gave him a kiss for good luck, it had become their pre-match tradition and he had hoped to say something to Austin but he was nowhere to be seen. Miles just told himself that he was worried about nothing.

....how wrong he really was.

He sat with everyone else watching the match. You know he couldn’t help but be worried but he had to stomp down that protective streak. But in that match, as he watched Austin chokeslam Carter and instead of just finishing it, Miles was on his feet. When it happened a SECOND time?? Miles had the folded chair he was sitting in, in his hands, leaning and watching and waiting. He wasn’t going to go out there and mess things up but the white in his knuckles when he watched Carter, knowing that he was in a lot of pain, still fought for everything he had.

Things looked hopeful for a brief moment, then Miles watched in horror as Austin caught Carter and drilled him through the table in front of Belinda and Jason. Miles’ head dropped because at that point he knew the match was over. Miles started to make a couple steps towards the gorilla, in his head he had a few choice words for Austin but that would wait til he knew Carter was ok.

But then all hell broke loose. Cries from across the crowd that was watching with him caught Miles' attention and he ran back and watched in absolute horror before he grabbed an already folded chair along the way and took off like a bat out of hell.

From there it was a blur, he remembers Austin looking shocked. He remembers the words exchanged.

And thinking back, what Austin did to Carter was a statement directly aimed at him.

Well, if Mercer wanted him that badly...

“Mr. Kasey?”

He felt a slight tap on his shoulder that startled him slightly as he spun around in his chair and looked up at the nurse he spoke to when he came in with Carter in the ambulance. Miles blinks at her a few times before he slides his headphones off and looks at her with some shock.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Oh, trust me it’s fine. It’s been a hell of a night” Miles just let out with chuckle, “Is everything-?”

“Oh yeah, everything is just fine, I just wanted to let you know that he’s back from CT and asking for you.” she said with a smile, “I can take you back if you want.”

Miles nodded before pulling himself to his feet, and stretching a bit. His muscles yelling at him moreso than usual...how the hell long was he there? After a quick stretch, he’d grab a bag that was brought to him by Ari and her fiance and followed the nurse to the back area, glancing at his phone with about 30 missed calls, 50 unanswered texts...he wouldn’t answer and give them information that he didn’t have himself. There was no need to worry them until he knew for sure and as it was his heart was already in the pit of his stomach as it was, no need to scare anyone else until things were known for certain.

“The doctor will be with you two shortly.” the nurse said, breaking his concentration yet again.

Miles looked up and the vision of the man in front of him almost made him want to turn on his heels, find Austin and rip his head off his shoulders....just add that to the list of things to be done.

He’d put on a smile, albeit a sad one before he walked over, placing the bag down along the way in the chair he’d assumed would be his resting spot for the night, and before Carter had a chance to get a word out, Miles leaned down and kissed him.

Carter was the most important thing at this moment. Everything else could wait.

After all, waiting made everything that much better.

Time For A Whole New Game
Present Day
Okanagan Lake

The last couple of weeks had been the kind to spend in peace. Minus the fuss that was made by Carter’s mom and grams, with Carter on the mend, all Miles wanted to do was rest and live in virtual peace.

It would of course come to an end when the Unsolved Mysteries Tour would kick off. It would start as a 2 part surprise, one that his boyfriend had a thing for these crazy stories and insisted that they’d get up there early to see the sights and try to see if they could spot the mysterious lake monster, but the second surprise came in the form of the match against the newly crowned and ever-controversial SCW Champion, Michael Harris.

Non-Title of course. But one cannot rush these things.

From the rented out cabin that was procured for the week, Miles sat out on the balcony that overlooked the beautiful scenery, of green pine trees and a lake that reflected almost perfectly.

“I could get used to this.” Miles said, taking a sip from his cup of tea, “I have seen a lot of amazing things in my short time on earth but this...”

He takes a deep breath in, closing his blue-green eyes for a moment and when he finally let’s it out and his eyes open it’s almost like a switch has flipped.

“Michael Harris, first things first....congratulations. It takes one hell of a man to beat Mac Bane and dethrone him. The man is an absolute badass and I should know as I got my ass handed to me by him. And sorry I couldn’t be there personally when it all went down but as I’m sure you are well aware, I had more pressing matters to attend to but when I had heard...I couldn’t help but be thoroughly disappointed.”

“I mean, impressed but disappointed. But now you have a whole new problem, see...” Miles shifts from leaning on the guardrail of the balcony to slinging his leg over it and sitting on it, his weight making it creak just a bit but it doesn’t bug him any, “Now you went and painted a huge bullseye on your ass, you are going to have metric ass ton of problems and well...here I am to start it all off...mate, I do not envy you at all.”

“And I mean, you are obviously a man that likes to pay attention but if you think that my issues are going to keep me from something I have been waiting a bit to show. You see, now...Now I’m pissed off. Because somewhere along the way there has been a few that seem to think that I’m going to just roll over and take it.”

Miles smiles brightly letting out a bit of a laugh, “No, see...that’s where every single one of you has it wrong. And you are going to find out real quick that that feeling that you all had, that inkling you get when you see me, that only a few have had the set to say...I’m about to fuck a whole lotta realities up when you realize that this whole time, I was just warming up.”

He glares and smirks, “Leave your trollop parade at home...and test the theory of actual reality...that you, my friend, are on borrowed time. As are a lot of people that seem to think that I am that wolf that doesn’t bite back.”