Author Topic: From The Mind of Bobbie Dahl  (Read 882 times)

Offline Bobbie Dahl

• View Profile
    • Bobbie Dahl
From The Mind of Bobbie Dahl
« on: March 24, 2023, 06:46:12 PM »
A person’s mental health is nothing to take lightly, yet there is an undeniable stigma surrounding it. There are probably more people who have some form of mental illness than we truly know, because despite a wealth of knowledge these days, it still seems almost taboo to admit it. Even someone who seems happy as can be and one hundred percent care-free can be hiding their unhappiness.

Someone like…Bobbie Dahl. Yes, Bobbie Dahl. The plus-sized Bombshell that, despite her size and the insults she can be subject to, has always come across as happy in her own skin, and confident in everything she does. She’s loud. Boisterous. Outgoing. And flirtatious with almost every man she comes across, despite being engaged to her long time love, Artie.

But what many people don’t know about, is the inner battle that Bobbie fights every single day. The war she has been on with her mental health for many years, but is too afraid to say anything. And why? Because she doesn’t want people to look at her differently. She doesn’t want people to pity her or to feel sorry for her, because she’s fighting this battle the best she can. Silently, yes, but it has worked for this long so she found no problem with it…yet. And she’s found an outlet to help her along the way. Writing daily entries in a journal.

Yes, there is something so calming about writing all of your daily thoughts down. Even if no one knows you’re doing it…

Sunday March 12th, 2023

Here we go again. I am now finding myself thrown right back into competitive action in SCW, and it wasn’t even my decision! I love Artie to bits, but he didn’t even ask me if I was interested in entering this Blast From The Past tournament this year. He didn’t give me a chance to even discuss it or think it over. Nope! Instead he just played the manager card and signed me up! And then he didn’t even tell me about it right away!

I’ve lost track of how long I’ve been writing in my journals for, but I do know that I’ve mentioned my time…er, times…I’m SCW a fair few times. I’ve been in and out of SCW more times than I can count over the years, but this time I didn’t think I’d really go back. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had a lot of fun with my wrestling career, but I think my lows have definitely outweighed my highs if I’m being honest. And no one seems to see that, or understand!

For a while, I wasn’t really wrestling seriously. I mean…I didn’t care if I won or lost. It was all about having fun, which is honestly how it should be. So many people are only concerned about winning titles all the time, that it becomes almost an obsession. An unhealthy one, because look at what happens when you fail all the time. People start to look at you differently! They start to laugh at you! They think you’re a joke and a failure. So why put yourself through the constant disappointment like that? I tried so hard not to!

But the hunger got to me. Funny how hunger got to me, right? This wasn’t a hunger for food, but hey…I’m Bobbie Dahl! Me and hunger go hand in hand! So, naturally, I started to want what everyone else did. I started to crave winning a title, because I knew how strong I was. Other people believe in me too! They wanted me to be a champion just about as badly as I wanted to be a champion for myself. And, boy, did I try. Repeatedly. Even after the losses, I tried to keep face and not let the disappointment show. Sometimes I failed in that regard. But who wouldn’t?

The thing is, after so many failed attempts, I couldn’t keep trying. It wasn’t fun to me anymore,and it was becoming harder and harder to keep my carefree Bobbie Dahl face. I didn’t want people to know that I was losing faith in myself. I couldn’t let them see that! I still can’t. So, yeah, when I found out that Artie had entered me into this tournament, I freaked out. I know this isn’t a singles tournament, so my chances are a little higher, but even still. Even IF Jack Washington and I do win…oh, yeah I got JACK WASHINGTON as my partner! I’ll talk about that one later! Anyway, even if we do win, I’d have to fight for the title by myself. And right now…Roxi Johnson is the champion. That is not exactly a fight I fancy my chances in if it were to come down to it. But I guess I should worry about that later, right? Still gotta get through round one!

Which is where we’re off to this week. British Columbia! I don’t know much about our opponents, so I’m gonna have to do a lot of research this week to have an idea of what to expect from them. And the entire time, I’m gonna have to put on a happy and excited face to hide how I’m really feeling about it all. I wish I could talk to Artie about this, but even though he loves me, I know he wouldn’t truly understand and it would only worry him. I don’t want to worry him.

All I need is a pen and this journal and I will be good. I can write my thoughts down and that will help tremendously.

At least…that is what I have to keep telling myself anyway. Until next time faithful journal!

>

The flight from Las Vegas to British Columbia wasn’t a very long one. Just over a few hours, so it was manageable. But even during that time, Artie had managed to doze off and take a bit of a nap. Bobbie would have tried, but from her past experiences in flying anywhere, she’s never been able to sleep much on an airplane. It’s made quite a challenge for flights farther out of the country, but thankfully those are few and far between. Especially these days.

While Artie was snoozing, she was taking the opportunity to write in her journal, because she had a lot on her mind over the last week. Particularly since finding out Artie had entered her in the Blast From The Past tournament. She had time to process it, yes, but it still weighs heavily on her, especially now that they are flying to the show where her first round match is set to take place. Just as she finishes writing her most recent entry, Artie’s eyes open and he rubs the last remnants of sleep from them. Bobbie quickly hides her journal back into her carry-on bag, and Artie just barely notices.

<font color=lightgreen>
;Artie: Whatcha doin’?

Bobbie does her best to hide what she had really been doing. As if she was doing something wrong.

Bobbie: Huh? Oh, nothing! Just looking around for a packet of gum or something…

Artie sits up straight in his seat, as he had been slightly hunched over when he was sleeping. He stretches as much as he is able to, and arches one of his eyebrows. He can almost tell Bobbie is lying, but he doesn’t question her on it. He looks out the window, trying to get a glimpse of where they are.

Artie: How long was I asleep?

Bobbie: Oh I dunno. I wasn’t really paying too much attention, but I don’t think it was that long. I hope we’ll be landing soon, because I’m gonna have to pee, and there’s no damn way I’m gonna squeeze into the bathroom on this plane!

Artie chuckles.

Artie: If you have to go, just go. It’s not like you’ll be in there long anyway.

Bobbie: Easy for you to say, Mr. Chicken Legs! I’ll be fine. I still can’t believe we’re even traveling for this tour anyway. Because someone had to go and be all sneaky and sign me up for it. And don’t think I won’t get you back for that, by the way. I don’t know how yet, but I will think of something!

Bobbie sits back in her seat and folds her arms in a pouting manner. She lets out a huff, and Artie shakes his head.

Artie: I know I should have talked to you about it first, but I knew you would find any excuse not to do it, and I don’t get it. You’ll make us travel God knows how long just for a slice of chocolate lava cake at one of the shows, but you don’t even want to get back to wrestling again. I mean, at least if you were wrestling, it would make sense for you to be at the shows. And not just for some cake.

Bobbie turns her head and just stares at Artie, shocked. Even though in her mind, she knew he had a point. But again, she’d never admit it.

Bobbie: That chocolate lava cake is the best damn chocolate lava cake I’ve ever had in my life, I’ll have you know! And besides, I’m not making us travel just for that cake. I do like to see all of our friends, you know! I can show up whether I am wrestling or not.

Artie: I know, but you still won’t explain why you clearly don’t want to wrestle anymore. You’ve always had a lot of fun doing it, and you’re so much better than you used to be, too!

His words were starting to hit deep, and she was doing her best to hide the fact that they were starting to bother her. In her mind, she wasn’t better than she used to be. If she was, she would have been a champion a long time ago, yet she wasn’t. And she still might never be, either. She took in a deep breath and tried to keep her intrusive thoughts at bay.

Bobbie: I don’t need a reason, Artie. It’s just a lot, and you know it. Sure, when SCW is in the Las Vegas area, it’s easier because we wouldn’t have to travel as much, but the touring is where it gets crazy. I mean, my parents are going to be staying at our place to watch Loki while we are gone! You know how much I hate being away from my baby Loki!

She was, of course, referring to their Bernese Mountain Dog, Loki. And he was not, in fact, a baby as she made him out to be. He was well over one hundred twenty pounds and shed another entire dog on a daily basis.

Artie: Loki will be fine. He loves your parents anyway, and we can video chat anytime so he can see us. I think there is something else holding you back. Something you won’t tell me, and it kinda sucks. I thought you told me everything.

There it was. Proof that Artie knew something was going on with Bobbie. How couldn’t he? He was smarter than a lot of people gave him credit for. Even still, something inside Bobbie told her she wasn’t ready to talk to him about her troubles. She just refused to worry him, and in her mind, she thought she had everything under control.

Bobbie: There’s nothing else, Artie! I just didn’t, and still sorta don’t, want to do this anymore!

But she did. She just didn’t want to continue to fail.

Artie: Alright. If you say so. I guess once you see this tournament through, we can go back to doing nothing at home all the time if that is what you would rather do. I just want you to be happy is all.

He shrugged and didn’t say another word. He just turned his head and looked out the window for the remainder of the flight, but his last words were weighing even further on Bobbie’s mind than anything. Maybe she wasn’t doing as good a job at being happy as she thought. Well…she’d just have to do a better more believable job!

The scene opens up on the shores of Lake Okanagan in British Columbia. Home to the legendary mysterious creature, Ogopogo and the reason for SCW’s first stop in the Unsolved Mysteries Tour. Until the tour and the different venues and towns were announced, Bobbie and Artie had never heard of this lake, nor its supposed mystery creature that called the lake home for many years. There had been many sightings of this creature, but nothing concrete as proof of its actual existence has ever been found. And it was now illegal to try and capture Ogopogo as well.

But that wouldn’t stop Bobbie from trying to at least get a glimpse of it! And even with Artie’s protesting, she was going to do everything she could to try and lure Ogopogo out of hiding so she could say she was one of the few to actually see it in person. Her plan, though? To go out on a boat in the middle of the lake and toss various snacks into the water, hoping something would entice the creature into surfacing.

Artie: I don’t know why you think this is going to work, Bobbie. Even the people who have seen this thing don’t know what it eats. And I don’t think crackers, canned corn and chicken livers are going to work.

Indeed as the pair was currently in their little row boat out in the middle of the lake, Bobbie was working on tossing some crushed up crackers all around them, all while keeping a close eye on the water around them. If she was attracting anything with her choice of bait, it was only little fish that were brave enough to come to the surface and snatch up the cracker crumbs.

Bobbie: Well something has to work, Artie! That’s why I have choices! If it’s a meativore, the chicken livers should do the trick! I gotta see this Pongopogostick thing before we leave British Columbia!

Artie chuckled at Bobbie’s serious mispronunciation of Ogopogo. But he didn’t correct her. Nor did he correct her on her use of the non-word meativore.

Artie: Look, all you're doing is attracting fish! They’ll eat everything you’re throwing into the water before Ogopogo could even get to it. Besides, Ogopogo is a myth. Nobody even knows for sure it’s even real, or if it’s even still alive after all these years. Can we just go?

Bobbie: Nope! I’m telling you, we’re gonna see it! We just gotta be quiet or we’ll keep it away.

Artie sighed, but he couldn’t argue with her. She was excited for whatever reason, and he wasn’t about to spoil it by insisting they go back. Eventually she would realize they were not going to catch a sighting of Ogopogo and decide to head back to shore for herself. At least, he hoped so. Once the crackers were gone, Bobbie moved on to the canned corn. The fish were still surrounding the boat and eating whatever Bobbie threw into the water, but she and Artie remained as silent as they could, still hoping to attract Ogopogo. Bobbie couldn’t see in the water behind her, but something much larger than the fish surrounding them had broken the surface several feet away, and Artie’s eyes immediately went wide.

Artie: Uh, Bobbie…

Bobbie: Shhhh! I said we gotta be quiet!

Artie began to point behind her. He couldn’t get a clear view of whatever it was, but he knew it was fairly large as it made its way across the surface of the water, getting closer to them!

Artie: Bobbie, really. You need to–

Bobbie: We’re not going back, Artie! Just give it up! I want to see this thing if it’s the last thing I do! Now would you BE QUIET!

And that did it. Bobbie raising her voice scared the creature enough that it made a huge splash behind her as it went back underwater and out of sight! After hearing the splash, Bobbie quickly turned around and saw the ripples in the water, and her jaw dropped. She then spun back around and looked at Artie. He just shrugged and gave her a look that said it all.

Bobbie: Artie! Was that…?!

Artie: I dunno. It could have been. I didn’t get a good look at it, but it was definitely something big.

Bobbie: WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY SOMETHING?!

Artie laughed.

Artie: I tried! You kept shushing me.

Panicked and thinking it will work, Bobbie begins slapping the surface of the water with her hand, thinking it will get Ogopogo to come back. If it was in fact Ogopogo and not some other animal. Artie shakes his head and making the decision for them, He grabs a hold of the oars and begins rowing them back to shore.

Bobbie: What are you doing?! We’re not going back! You saw it, which means I will see it too! Put the oars down, Artie!

Artie: Bobbie, I don’t know what I saw! And we’re not staying out her any longer. We’ve been out here for two hours already.

Bobbie wanted nothing more than to protest, but she just let out a huff and folded her arms as Artie continued to row them back to shore. All she wanted was to catch sight of Ogopogo and snap as clear a picture as she could, but it just wasn’t meant to be. At least Artie saw it. Once they made it back to shore and were getting the boat out of the water, off in the distance near where they had been just a short while ago, the creature had once again resurfaced and was slithering its way across the water once again.

And Bobbie never turned around…

Welp…it’s that time again! A time I’d never thought I’d have to see again. That’s right…it’s PROMO TIME! Trash talk time. Whatever you want to call it. It’s the time of the week in SCW where you’ve gotta address your opponent and your upcoming match. Or, in my case, my opponents. And my tag team partner! I’ll be honest with ya, I’ve always found this part of the wrestling career the hardest. And it’s always been my least favorite. Yet so many people love it and just…excel at it!

Allow me to explain. You see, there is this expectation about this career where you have to be able to completely bash your opponent. You’ve gotta be able to insult them and get involved in this back and forth war of words, as if that proves what you will be capable of in the ring! I’ve never understood it, but I’ve always done my best. Which, isn’t exactly the best, but I guess it works. Because when it boils down to it, I let my actions in the ring do the talking. But so many others spend so much time just spewing out whatever garbage they can come up with!

I’m probably going to be really rusty at this. I’ve been out of SCW for like two years now, and I haven’t exactly kept sharp with my words. At least not in this regard. If it had been my choice, I wouldn’t even be here, but I’m not going to just screw Jack Washington like that…Oh…poor choice of words, but you get what I mean! He’s relying on me just as much as I am relying on him in this tournament, so I’m not going to leave him high and dry like that!

Again…poor choice of words?

Anywho…I’m gonna be honest here. I don’t know much of anything about our opponents this week. Other than the fact they have basically the same first name, I’m pretty clueless, so how exactly can I talk about someone, if I don’t know anything about them or what to expect here?! Oh…right. RESEARCH! There’s a thing called RESEARCH your opponent to learn more. Alright…that bit might have worked where Alexander Raven is concerned because he is a current SCW superstar. And not only that…he’s the Internet Champion, too! Yikes…I’m a little nervous about mine and Jack’s chances now. And to think, if Jack pins Raven, he wins the title!

I know Jack can do it! He’s a former World Heavyweight Champion after all! I’ve heard a lot of people talk about how impressive Alexander Raven is, and has been, but hey, everyone has to lose at some point, right? I mean…he has a couple of times recently if I remember correctly. Hell, he even lost to O’Malley! A guy who was just returning to SCW himself after being away for over a year! Then again, he did get some redemption for that by beating O’Malley before Blaze of Glory, so…I guess maybe O’Malley was just lucky.

I’ve tried to watch Alexander’s promos. And, sure, he’s pretty damn intimidating if you think about it. But…am I the only one who kinda gets lost when listening to this guy talk?! He has a way with words, yeah, but…what does it all even mean?! He’s just using a bunch of big words to make his point and he sounds pretty damn intelligent, but…why?! What is the point?! How can I be scared of this guy if I don’t truly know what he is saying?! Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s not. At least I don’t have to worry about facing him in the ring. That’s all left up to Jack, which I have no doubt Jack will bite back even harder with his words. Jack has a way with words like that, so yay partner! You can do it!

But Alexander isn’t the only one in this match, is he? No, there is his tag team partner. The one that I have to worry about and I have to handle in the ring. Alexandra Callaway. I’d say I have my work cut out for me this week, but…do I really? I tried to find something on this chick and couldn’t find much of anything! She’s an SCW outsider, no doubt looking to win this tournament and get taste of SCW gold, but…I don’t see that happening. Jack and I may not be the ones to stop her and Raven, but…if there is one thing I know it’s that Bombshells in SCW don’t really like outsiders trying to come in and win a prize they fight week after week for.

From what I’ve heard about Alexandra through the grapevine, she’s apparently a big deal in the companies she works for. She’s a champion and a number one contender for a title in another, so she’s gotta be at least somewhat decent, right? I’m sure she is, and just because I don’t know anything about her, doesn’t mean that I’m going to take this any less seriously. If anything, I’m more worried because I don’t know what to expect! I’ve gotta be prepared for anything.

I’m sure Alexandra is just walking into this tournament hoping to add more gold to her growing collection. If that is the case, I already don’t like her. I already don’t respect her, because if there is one thing I couldn’t stand, it’s the title hungry bitches that jump from company to company trying to win as much gold as they can. *coughcrystalhowmanynames?cough* Never mind those of us who have been fighting tooth and nail in just ONE company to make a statement. Whatever reason Alexandra has for entering this tournament, I’m going to do whatever I can to make sure that she doesn’t make it past the first round. I’m going to do what I can to send her packing right back to her other companies, because SCW…is not the place for her.

I know I haven’t exactly been successful in SCW over the years, and that’s fine. People can say what they want about me and what I have or haven’t done in SCW. The fact remains that I’ve always wanted to be the SCW World Bombshell Champion, and I’ve always believe in myself that I can do it! And now I have a chance to earn a guaranteed shot at that title and achieve that goal, but at the same time help Jack Washington in winning a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Even if Jack doesn’t like me. Well…Jack doesn’t like many people from what I remember, and that’s fine! He’s fine!

No, not wrong choice of words. I said what I said! I just love me a man with a decent set of abs and man oh man…Jack’s got ‘em! But I won’t let that distract me. I need to take this serious, because I’ll be damned if I let people think that I was the reason we didn’t make it past the first round! If there is one thing I know it’s that first round eliminations in any tournament are something you don’t want to have on your record. Nor do you want to be the one that gets pinned!

You all are about to see a different side of Bobbie Dahl starting this Sunday. A girl can have fun, but I’m also taking this seriously who knows…if it actually gets me somewhere, I may just decide to come back to SCW full time! Maybe…possibly. I haven’t decided yet! I’ve gotta focus on the Blast From The Past first. Alexander Raven and Alexandra Callaway are first up for me and Jack. Once we eliminate them?

Well…on to the next challenge! 2023 is MY year! 2023 is the year of Bobbie Dahl!

Take that to the bank!

>
>