Author Topic: | Tigers Don't Change Stripes |  (Read 883 times)

Offline Calvin Harris

• View Profile
| Tigers Don't Change Stripes |
« on: January 26, 2023, 10:42:17 PM »

OOC: According to Google Docs. This roleplay comes out to 6,702 words. I really didn't think I would finish this, lol. It's been so long. Here's hoping it's a somewhat enjoyable read. Good luck!

× TIGERS DON’T CHANGE STRIPES ×
[ scene one ]

The sound of the bell was ringing in Calvin’s ear as he laid there in the middle of the ring looking up at the bright lights. He could hear the loud cheers of the crowd. Everyone in attendance seemed happy he had just lost the SCW Heavyweight Championship. That sick feeling was forming in the pit of his gut as he found himself rolling out of the ring and dropping to the floor. He leaned there for a second trying to get his bearings about him as he heard a fan lean over the guard rail and scream at him as loud as he could.

HA! That’s what you get! ” Calvin was able to look up for a moment. The fan just pointed at him and laughed. “ You’re a loser. You couldn’t pull it together. You are not going to be the last SCW Champion in history. How does it feel to suck?! ” Of course, Calvin’s job as a “heel” was to make people hate him. Fans were meant to rejoice in moments like this. However those words just grinded his gears in ways he couldn’t ever begin to put into words. For no other reason than he as a man, not as a wrestler, but he as a man was struggling and had fallen completely out of love with wrestling.

Calvin pushed himself up to his feet and began to storm to the back. Not acknowledging the fan. Not acknowledging the ring where Tommy Crimson was standing with the SCW Heavyweight Championship. Hell, Calvin wasn’t even acknowledging the theme blaring as Kristopher Ryans was starting to walk down to the ring. He had a glaring expression and was just marching right for the back. Pushing aside the curtain as he found himself in the gorilla position. Storming through it as well, but a stage hand was quick to start following him. Trying to get his attention.

Calvin! ” He shouted, but was ignored. “ Calvin, wait up a second! ” Again, there wasn’t one ounce of the Martyr that had slowed down. Calvin continued to make his way further backstage, clearly aiming for the locker room. “ Listen, I was told Mark and Christian want to speak to you before you leave tonight. It’s urgent after everything that’s been said leading up to tonight!

Those words finally gripped the attention of the former champion. Calvin stopped right there in his tracks. Standing there in silence with his back turned to the man. He spoke with irritation in his voice. “ Oh, now they want to talk? As the doors were closing? And because I spoke from the heart? Trying to save face now. ” With his words coming out of his mouth. Calvin turned himself around and made eye contact with the man. “ Well, that’s too late. Sin City is closing the doors at midnight tonight. I’m not under contract anymore at that point. I don’t owe them or anyone else anything, not even a talk. ” The puzzled look on the man’s face staring back at Calvin said a lot. Main thing being was he wasn’t going to enjoy being the middleman in all of this. “ Simply put. Fuck them. Fuck SCW. Fuck the fans. And fuck pro wrestling, I’m done with this shit!

Not so much as a blink of an eye formed on that glaring expression. His words held some serious weight to them. Quickly, Calvin turned himself around and began to walk away. For the first time in the last few months, he as a person spoke out. He didn’t love wrestling. He hadn’t loved it in a long time. In the back of his head despite all the issues and all the “character work” that took place. He had been looking forward to the doors closing on this night. As he was able to finally leave wrestling and never look back. At least that’s what it appeared he wanted...

The sun was really shining through the curtains of the bedroom which ultimately brought Calvin out of his dream. For a moment he just sat up in bed and looked around trying to come to terms with what his dream had been about. Bringing him back to a night he hadn’t thought about in five years. Running his hands over his face as the bedroom door came open and his wife entered.

About damn time you got up. ” Alessandra had her hand on her hip, a little bit of ‘sass’ to her words. “ Ollie was wanting you to help hang up one of his paintings. Should I tell him sleeping beauty has finally woken from his slumber and you’ll be down to help shortly?

Calvin had finally pushed the comforter off his legs and swung himself to the side of the bed preparing to stand up. “ Yeah, sure. I’ll be right there. ” Gripping the edge of the bed. It was clear he was still trying to wake up, but Alessandra stood there in the doorway of the bedroom just looking at him. After all their years together, she could tell something was up.

What’s the matter with you?

Nothing. I just woke up.

Oh bullshit.

Alessandra found herself pushing the bedroom door shut. Having young children who at times could be nosey when they wanted to be. She was doing her best to make sure that wasn’t the case. Before she stepped around to his side of the bed where he was sitting. Her tattooed arms folded across her chest as she looked at him. He sighed a little, starting to stand up.

Can we not do this right now? ” He said as he walked away from her. Heading for the bathroom. Turning on the sink and leaning down to wash water over his face.

Alessandra wasn’t giving up. She was very stubborn. Always had been her entire life. She stood there behind him watching what he was doing, but her ‘attitude’ came out a little more. “ I am not really in a mood for you going back in age and being the little emo kid I met years ago. Not really on my list of things I feel like dealing with today or ever again. You’re not nearly as cute as you were back then. ” Calvin rolled his eyes as he started to dry his face off listening to her. “ So do me a favor and yourself a favor. Tell me what the hell your problem is.

You never know when to let something go.

And if I did. We wouldn’t be married. So, you should consider yourself lucky.

Calvin stood there with a towel draped across the back of his neck holding it there. Making eye contact with his wife. Realizing there was no getting out of this. “ Listen, it’s nothing serious. Just had a dream. Made me think about some shit. And I’m questioning returning to the ring next week. That’s all. Simple as that. ” He tossed the towel down on the sink and squeezed his way by his wife back into the bedroom. First thing he did was grab the dresser drawer and pull it open.

That’s funny. I could have swore. We had this talk two weeks ago and you were so sure that returning to the ring was the best thing for you. Now, you’re questioning it? ” There was a little bit of sarcasm in her voice. “ Excuse me if this makes me sound like a bitch here, but I am not surprised that these are the thoughts you are having. You left five years ago with a sour taste in your mouth. The sheer mention of professional wrestling made you sick to your stomach. I heard you for six months before you retired and for six months after you retired how much you hated the sport. ” She watched as Calvin began to slip a shirt over his bare torso, as he looked up at her. “ I was supportive because that’s what a wife is supposed to do, but when you thought about going back. I thought it was the stupidest idea you came up with. I could not wrap my head around why you’d go back to something that made you so unhappy on a physical, emotional, and mental level.

Every word that came out of Alessandra’s mouth. It was very-very clear she wasn’t holding back. Really expressing how she felt. Something that she had held back on a few weeks ago. Calvin just looked at her.

Thanks for telling me how you really feel... ” Shaking his head from side to side. “ Probably something you should have told me then. Not at this moment when I’m really questioning things. Further makes me feel like I made the wrong decision going back. ” Being the unapologetic person that Alessandra was. She just looked back at him shrugging her shoulders. “ I thought that going back. I could rewrite my story and end things on my own terms versus feeling like I had to end them because I didn’t love it like I used to. But after reliving that night in my dream. After realizing how bitter I was. I’m not sure this was the best decision.

His words coming from his mouth made him sound rather unsure. For a person that was very sure of himself all the time. Then again after how he felt, why he left, and five years later. His doubts could be understood.

I am realizing how hostile I was with SCW. I was a prick. I treated no one within respect those last few months. I made quite an enemy out of management. And I made sure those fans never got one feel good moment out of me. ” A small shrug of his shoulders came from him. “ And after I stood in that same ring at Inception. After crossing paths with a few of those people in the back. After being in that environment, despite me attempting to make amends. I just got... a weird vibe. Almost like, this could end up being a really bad idea.

Alessandra had remained silent. Letting her husband get his words and his concerns out. Getting things off his chest. Her defensive posture is still the same with her arms folded across her chest. “ Tigers don’t change their stripes, Calvin. ” He looked back at her with her statement. “ A tiger is still a tiger at the end of the day. Just like a piece of shit is still a piece of shit. Hate to break it to you darling, but you played yourself here. If you thought that after five years things would be different, then you aren’t as bright as I thought you were. You should have already known those people hadn’t changed. You should have already known the environment was going to be hostile. You should have already expected to not be met with open arms. You put way too much into this if you think people are going to be different. ” Again, there she was letting it all out. Not holding her tongue a bit. Not that Calvin wanted her too, there was a reason that he valued his wife’s opinion. Even if it might not have been what he wanted to hear.

BUT... with that being said. ” She looked him in the eyes. “ This isn’t about them right? You said this was about YOU rewriting history. You said this was about YOU ending things on YOUR terms. And from what I saw at that event. You were talking about how YOU wanted to show that YOU were a changed man. Am I understanding all of that correctly?

Yeah, that’s pretty much the point.

Then why the hell are you concerned about what upper management thinks? Why does it matter what the locker room thinks? And hell, why does it make a difference what the fans behind those guard rails think? If this is all about you, then let it be about you. You know as well as I know. You can’t make everyone like you. You can’t make everyone support you. There’s no way you’ll ever make everyone happy. You can’t even make me happy all the time and we’re married!

Her lips curling into a smirk all while Calvin rolled his eyes at her comment.

Couldn’t resist the urge.

Mhm...

You know what I am saying is true. If this means that much to you to have it end the way you want it to end and to get back out there to change the perception of you. Stick to that plan. Do it for the sake of making you happy, and not for the sake of actually seeing to it they see you for what you want them to see you as. Not for them to be happy with who you are now. Not for them to have an actual effect later on when you decide to retire for good. So stay focused. Do what you need to do. And have fun.

Listening to his wife’s words. Although they were cut throat and they were stern. It was everything that he needed to hear and then some. Calvin nodded his head a little. Seemingly acknowledging all that she said.

You’re right.

Always am.

We both know that’s not true, but that’s neither here nor there at the moment. ” There was another small roll of his eyes. “ I guess for a brief moment I lost track of why I was returning and got inside my own head. Especially after my return was met with so much uncertainty and animosity from everyone. ” His hands ran through his hair that was still very much styled by bed head. “ I just know that no matter how long this run lasts. It has to be better than the last one, it has to be different, and it has to end with me making my way back to being a champion with a brand new aura around me. Celebrating with those fans was something I always wanted as a kid. But you’re right. This is about me. No one else, and I should have as much fun as I can.

It sounds like to me. You’re putting a little too much stock into people still, but hopefully you really understand what I told you and you stick to this plan. Cause like I said earlier. I don’t have it in me to deal with emo you again. Nor do I want my children being subjected to you poorly seeing Hey There Deliah around the house. Shape up, kid! ” Once again Alessandra couldn’t resist the urge to take a shot at her husband. With a smirk spread across her lips. “ On that note. Like I said our son is wanting you to hang up a painting for him. So, finish getting dressed old man and come help out.

Alessandra found herself walking towards the bedroom door and pulling it open before exiting leaving Calvin in the room by himself once more. He stood there for a second in silence and letting that conversation settle in. Maybe he did get inside his head. Maybe he did focus on the wrong thing. Maybe for a brief moment he lost sight of what was important on this returning journey of his. But in the end as long as Calvin got on the right track and as long as he stuck to what his plan was. This might end up being one of the greatest returns to pro wrestling. Only time would tell.

× THE CHALLENGE ×
[ scene two ]

Today was nothing more than a typical morning at the Martyr Academy. Calvin led the charge in the morning class for the advanced Pro Wrestling students. He found himself standing right there on the apron while leaning against the ropes and looking at the students in the ring. As well as the ones outside of the ring. Each and every single one of them jogging in place. He found himself speaking loudly.

Down!

Once those words came out of his mouth. The jogging in place for every student came to a halt as they all dropped down into a push up position and kicked their feet out behind them.

Up!

At the command every single student kicked their feet back in and pushed themselves back to their feet. They had no sooner got into their first set of jogging when he shouted again.

Down!

Again his voice was loud and vibrated throughout the entire building. Those students kicked their feet out behind them. He paced that apron keeping an eye on all of them.

Alright stop! ” As soon as those words came out of his mouth. Everyone just kind of collapsed. “ You know this is meant to be the advanced class. Meaning you are supposed to be miles ahead of the other classes I teach and today I have seen the opposite. Most of you look blown up. You appear as if you don’t know how to stay on pace. Look as if you’ve been doing nothing outside of training to keep yourselves in shape and on par with your goal to be the best pro wrestler you can be. ” His eyes had narrowed a little bit. “ I mean at this point, if this is what you’re going to come in acting like and looking like for the advanced class. I might as well bump you back down. None of you are going to make it outside of these walls if you’re not going to actually take this seriously.

Calvin found himself shaking his head a little bit. All of the sudden he locked eyes on someone in front of him whispering. Clearly not hearing what was said, but he was quick to say something.

Secrets don’t make friends, Dalton. Care to share with the class?

Looking right at the student who looked back at him. Dalton just shook his head clearly implying he didn’t speak up. Something that wasn’t going to be allowed.

Oh no. Go ahead and speak up. You felt the need to whisper something in the middle of my teaching. So please by all means. Let me know and the rest of the class know what was so-important that you needed to speak during this time!

Dalton found himself looking up at Calvin still as he spoke. “ All due respect sir. All I was saying is you’ve been quite a dick during today's training session. ” He spoke softly despite his words being so insulting. “ We all expect you to go hard on us. To get us where we need to be. But I speak for everyone when I speak. Ever since you announced you were returning to the ring. You’ve been a bit of a prick. Pushing us past our limits. It’s been an awful time at training. ” Calvin just looked at him. Not saying a word. “ Wrestling is meant to be fun. That’s something you’ve taught us since we all walked into those doors, but it seems that’s something you’ve forgotten this week. It makes no sense to us.

The silence that had overcome Calvin was still very apparent. Dalton just stood there looking back. One would have to imagine if the thought of maybe he had said too much crept into his mind. About that time Calvin swung his leg over the middle rope and climbed into the ring. Starting to motion for everyone that was in the ring to get out of the ring. Of course the students listened quickly rolling out. Calvin looked back over at Dalton and motioned for him to step into the ring. Dalton looked hesitant.

Come on Dalton, step on in here.

Right away Calvin was making it clear that there wasn’t an option for what he was asking of the student. Needless to say Dalton understood there wasn’t any getting out of it as he slid into the ring. Standing himself up as Calvin met him standing face to face with him.

So, I’ve been a bit of a dick? You think that I have been too hard on you and the rest of the class? You think I’ve gotten some type of ego because I decided to come back to the ring? And you think I’ve gone back on my word that wrestling is meant to be fun?

Well, like I said...

It is a yes or no question, Dalton!

Yes... yes. That’s how I feel.

Dalton responded quickly after having his back against the wall. Calvin simply nodded at the response. Stepping forward as he placed a hand on Dalton’s shoulder. Squeezing down just a little.

I am sorry that you feel that way, kid. Truly, I am. ” A small shake of his head in that brief moment. “ Because I don’t have an ego because I have decided to return to the ring. But my return to the ring has reminded me that I haven’t taught you folks a couple of things. It has told me I haven’t been expecting more out of you. It has even taught me that you nor anyone else in this room have any idea how to handle yourself when you get into a ring in a hostile environment. ” He could feel the eyes of all the other students on him along with Dalton’s. “ This coming Sunday, I am stepping into the ring within a company that seemingly doesn’t want me back. Something you nor anyone else has ever dealt with. More importantly than that Dalton, I am seemingly stepping into the ring with someone who is in a roundabout way, has made it clear they are making it their mission to ruin my comeback. Again something you nor anyone else in this room knows what that is like.

Letting go of the grip he had on Dalton and taking a couple of steps away from the man. Calvin stroked his beard a little bit. For a moment appearing in thought as everyone else stays quiet. Finally, he turned back to Dalton.

So, let me ask you a question, Dalton. Since you felt so heavily about how I’ve gone about things this week in training. Have you thought about why that was?

No, I can’t say that I have.

Of course you didn’t. Instead you would rather focus on the fact that it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows for a chance in training. ” Calvin almost shook his head in disgust. “ Well allow me to inform you while practice has been a little harder. It comes back to not being in those situations where you got someone wanting to make it their mission that you don’t succeed and working for a company that doesn’t seemingly want you there or at least there are some people that don’t want you there. Hell, even dealing with a hostile ass crowd that doesn’t want you there. Simply put, Dalton when you find yourselves in this type of situation. It’s a challenge!

He turned away from Dalton and looked at the several other students around the ring side.

There is going to come a time and a place where every single one of you is going to have to rise to the occasion with this type of challenge and I want to make sure each of you are ready when that day comes. ” His tone seemed rather sincere with each word that was being spoken. “ At the end of the day when this type of challenge comes along. You’re going to have to prove without a shadow of a doubt you belong. To prove you belong, you have to be a top notch wrestler. So when you’re in the ring and the crowd is booing you and hurling insults at you. You know how to zone them out and stay focused on your craft in the ring. That way when you’re hearing about the locker room not wanting you there. You know how to not let that get in your head. And you make sure that you show out between these ropes. ” Calvin was pointing to the center of the ring where he stood in that practice ring. “ But more importantly, I want you all to be prepared for when you do find yourself in the ring with someone that’s out to make something personal. Because I want you to know. Nothing they say matters. Nothing they do matters. No corner they cut matters. All that matters is, you are man or woman enough to stand there. Look them in the eyes and give them your best shot. Over and over again. Until one or two things happen. You put them down or they put you down. Ultimately proving that you belong in this sport. That is all I want for you.

Inside that building it remained quiet from everyone. Behind Calvin where Dalton stood, he could be seen lowering his head some. Maybe a little bit of guilt settling in. Calvin pushed himself away from the ropes.

But if this is how all of you feel about me trying to get you ready for a challenge that you will without a doubt one day face. Then you’re allowed to feel that way, along with that. You can go ahead and walk out that door. Don’t bother coming back. Because it seems that you don’t need nor want my help in this business. ” The seriousness in his voice instantly got the sour looks from several of the students around the ring. “ However, if that’s the route you decide to take. I do suggest that you find your way to California this weekend. I suggest you buy a ticket to Climax Control. You sit in those stands and you watch me. Watch me go up against this challenge. Watch me step into the ring with a man that apparently has an issue with me. Watch me go against the still somewhat hostile crowd. Watch what I am able to do when I’ve got a locker room seemingly against me. Sit there and take in what I was trying to teach this week about hard work, betting on yourself, and being the best inside this ring!

Based on every word coming out of his mouth at that moment. It appeared that not only was he offended by how his class felt when he was trying to do right by them, but it was also clear he was very passionate. Waving his hand in the air at the students.

Class dismissed!

Not another word was said as he dropped down to his knees and proceeded to roll on out of the ring. Leaving Dalton standing there and the rest of the students watching as he walked away to his office. That very well could have been the last class and the last training session for a lot of them based on everything that had taken place, but more than anything it seemed that Calvin had something to prove to his students. Not just himself when the clock hit zero on Sunday Night.

× GOOD LUCK ×
[ scene three ]

One of the most beautiful things about owning a warehouse and owning a professional wrestling ring was the fact that at any given moment. You had somewhere to train, somewhere to bump around, and always had someone on hand to record any type of content you needed in such a setting. That's why the cameras found themselves rolling in at this particular moment. Featuring a familiar person. Standing there with his back turned to the cameras was none other than “The Highlight Of The Night” himself, Calvin Harris. For a second or two there was just silence before Calvin found himself turning around and looking right towards the red light of the camera. Breaking that silence.

Austin James Mercer... ” Calvin spoke the name with a slight smirk on his lips. “ It has been brought to my attention that tomorrow night on Climax Control. You're going to be the man standing across the ring from me. As a matter of fact, from the sounds of it. You jumped ahead of the line of everyone else to be the one to stand across from me. Wanting to be the one to quote unquote, welcome me back. ” The little quotation marks with his fingers were made apparent to the camera's recording. “ And the belief behind that is, or at least from what I'm picking up on is you're just ONE of the MANY that have a problem with my return to SCW. To which if you paid proper attention to my return at Inception. I expected people to have a problem with me being here. I embraced that from the very beginning.

Circling back around from the very night he came back. Calvin knew what he was getting himself into. Taking a couple of steps towards the camera. He grabbed the top rope with both hands and leaned into them.

As a matter of fact Austin. I really hope that you aren't going into this match thinking that being the one to step up and being the one to face me is going to suddenly somehow lead to me leaving SCW again. Because if that's your mindset. You're going to have your heart broken. ” For a brief second Calvin shook his head from side to side. “ See, the only way I'll be leaving SCW for any reason is if the doors close or I make the DECISION to retire for good. There is nothing you or anyone else can do to make me leave. Even if you want to go on the usual shtick that I've heard throughout all the years of pro wrestling. That you're going to hurt me, break my bones, and force me into retirement. That isn't going to make a difference either. ” Another small shake of his head was seen. Calvin folding his arms in front of him. “ Now that's not really too much of a shot at you, my man. It's just been said far too much in the business and after everything I've been through between those ropes. I just believe the hype. And for all I know, you might end up being the biggest and baddest motherfucker I've ever stepped into the ring with. Might hurt me, but I assure you. I'll get back up. Take one arm out. I'll beat you with the other. Cripple one leg. I'll hobble and hobble and hobble with the other one just to stomp you out!

For emphasis on his wording. He stomped down on the ring apron with force. That loud thud echoed throughout the entire warehouse.

That being said Austin. I am willing to give you credit where credit is due. Within your time here in SCW. You've held your own very well. Being a former SCW Internet Champion. A championship that I've never held and not even had an opportunity for. A championship that I've heard many people have used as a stepping stone to launch themselves into the next level here. But from what I understand about your career. That championship came a little bit later on. After you were someone that was able to capture the SCW Heavyweight Championship. ” The mention of the championship made such a grin cross the lips of The Highlight of the Night. For no other reason than it was a championship he himself was familiar with. “ March 24th of 2019... I am sure that's a date that you'll never forget. Taking home the prize position after beating Fenris. And what a run it was. Five long months, I mean more impressive than my two runs. Combined I only had my runs last five months. My hats off to you, because I know the talent in that locker room. They aren't a joke and it's tough to hold that bad boy, for a couple weeks let alone five months!

A brief pause fell over the man’s lips. Calvin releases the ropes and circling back to the middle of the ring. Finding himself focusing back on that red light.

And If I was a betting man winning that championship is something that you are sure that no one forgets. I bet that it's a big part of your personality. Constantly reminding everyone that will listen that you were the man once upon a time around here. Granted it's now 2023 and it's been nearly four years since you held that championship, but nevertheless it's something you don't forget about and don't let anyone else forget. Like I said I give you credit where credit is due. Congrats for proving at one point you belonged around the halls of SCW. However Austin, at some point you are going to have to stop relying on the past. At some point you're going to have to start living in the now and prove that you still belong here. Especially if you're someone that doesn't want me back. ” In the way that those words came from his mouth. It almost came off like a challenge. “ Because I give you credit. While I respect what you've done in the past, and while I am not willing to write off your ability between the ropes. I am on the other hand bound to not take someone seriously if they don't constantly and consistently prove their worth time and time again. Because that's how the business of professional wrestling works. It's something I teach my students every single week we hold training. This wrestling business doesn't love you. It will chew you up and spit you out with no remorse. In fact, Austin. We are nothing more than a spoke in the wheel of this crazy business. If we don't produce, if we don't prove ourselves, if we don't go above and beyond. It's simple, we will be pulled out of the wheel and replaced by someone else. So the question you have to ask yourself, is this Austin. Are you willing to be replaced? Are you willing to be a forgotten wrestler of the past?

Having that question thrown out there. May or may not be something that Austin may focus on when he hears all of this. It also may have been something that was ignored, but the fact was Calvin brought up a valid point.

Because I am not. ” Calvin's eyes narrowed facing the cameras. “ And that's a big-big part of why I am back. The way I left was unprofessional, sure. The way I left should have been handled better. I shouldn't have been such a prick. All of that I've addressed and it all came from a place of where I didn't love wrestling anymore. And it was more than clear wrestling didn't love me. If my name ever came up? It was usually followed by a who? Or what did they ever do in this business? That got under my skin in ways I could never begin to put into words. ” In the man's eyes, it told a story of just how true those words were. “ Hell, even my son who is just getting old enough to understand what I do. Said it was hard to believe I used to wrestle. How long ago it had been. And that made me sit down to think. It had only been five years. Have I really been gone that long? Were contributions to wrestling that little to be so easily forgotten? Did I really leave that bad of a taste in the mouths of fans across the world that no one wants to talk about me and what I accomplished? All of those questions I had to ask myself time and time again Austin.

His tone of voice described the type of motivation that went through his veins at that particular moment. Motivation that most people don't know how to dig down deep and find within themselves to get where they want to be. Calvin just let his eyes focus back to the camera before him.

So here I am now. Boots ready to be laced up. Fresh new gear ready to be worn. Moves I haven't used in years and moves I have been working on to display in this return. I have a fire and a desire burning inside of me that no man or woman could ever stomp out. If they tried, all they would be doing is giving themselves third degree burns in the end. Simply put Austin, I am more than prepared to step into the ring. Five years away or not. I am physically, mentally, and emotionally prepared for the challenge that lay ahead of me. But, the next question you have to ask yourself is are you prepared? ” A slight rise of the eyebrow from him. “ To be the one to jump ahead of the line. To be the one that wants to let it be known you have an issue with me. To be the one to try and hault my return. Are you truly ready? Are you sure that you've got in you to be that man, Austin? Because I can tell you this much. If you aren't ready, the people that you jumped ahead of to get a shot at me are going to let you know about it. The people that share the same mindset that you do as far as not wanting me here are going to let you know you failed. It's not going to be something that you can easily escape my man! ” Calvin's eyes for that brief moment seemed to have lit up. “ But maybe, you're not one to care what those people have to say. Rightfully so, cause at the end of the day. Only people that should have any true impact on you are those close to you and yourself. That being said though, you are still going to have me to remind you that you weren't ready. Something, I will take great pride in, Austin.

Pride is something that can be one of the biggest motivators to people. His pride was something that definitely motivated him.

From the start this could have been just two men stepping into the squared circle and showcasing their best skills, but you wanted to make it your mission to make it personal. With the mindset you have about me from my past. Like I said I get that, but I'll tell you this. If I get any inkling, any little vibe, I smell the tiniest amount of doubt in you, and I assure you Austin in front of the great SCW audience of Irvine, California. I will expose you. I will show the world what a fraud you are. I will show you first hand that you never had it in you to take me on to begin with. All while showing SCW first hand that I am what I said that I am at Inception. I'm a changed man. Little less of a dick, but still one of the best wrestlers bell to bell when I step between those ropes. Doesn't matter who you put in front of me. Doesn't matter who jumps ahead of the line. Doesn't matter who has an agenda against me. I won't back down and I'm going to show up then show out. Because I am the HIGHLIGHT of the NIGHT!

Calvin spoke with that same confidence that had been oozing out of him this entire time. The camera zoomed in to get a close up of his face.

Good luck Austin, cause you're going to need it!

There was a small wink given to the camera. Before he turned his back and proceeded to roll on out of the ring. Cue the camera to end the recording right then and there. Of course despite how Calvin might have felt and despite how he might have put things. The fact still remained that in twenty four hours he was going to have to prove himself. Everything that came out of his mouth was going to be put to the chest. Climax Control truly was going to have all eyes on it when the show went live.