Author Topic: Goth vs Matthew Kross  (Read 833 times)

Offline Goth

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Gerrit
Goth vs Matthew Kross
« on: November 25, 2022, 09:25:41 PM »

The Genesis of Goth

Chapter: My quest

It’s evening and Goth can be seen sharing a moment along with Melissa after last week’s Climax Control, after watching on when Melissa had challenged Jessie Salco for a final confrontation. He had smiled as he had watched Jessie come up with excuses, believing that they had settled the score at the Super Card a few weeks ago. But he had known that this wasn’t the case for Melissa, she wanted to rinse out the foul taste out of her mouth from the several losses that she had endured against Jessie and Ariana Angelos.

“You have made the first step on mentally breaking Jessie, but the next step will follow this coming Sunday.”

He gently pats her on the butt, causing her to giggle as she turns around to face him and plants a kiss on his cheek. She whispers something in his ear as she walks off to the locker room as Goth grabs his cellphone and dials a number

“Hey it’s me, make sure that Melissa has a clear path to…..”

Goth notices the camera crew as he stops talking, he turns around and whispers something into the cellphone that nobody is apparently meant to hear. He slowly turns around with a sickening smile upon his face.

“Yeah that’s right, we want to make sure that there will be something for Jessie Salco that she will never forget.”

He turns off the cell phone and stares into he camera with a cold and calculated look on his face.

“Let me guess? You just happened to wander around backstage and thought it was alright to listen to a private conversation??”

Goth turns around, not waiting for an answer that he knows that will not come. He is walking towards the parking lot where he turns towards his waiting limo before entering. He suddenly stops merely after setting one foot inside but turns towards the camera crew and shakes his head.

“Where do you think you are going?? I can’t remember accepting anyone besides his fiancé to ride along with me. So do me a favor, back off.”

He pushes the camera crew away by pushing his hand towards the camera, shoving it away from him before entering the limo and closes the door. He grabs his cellphone and checks some of the messages that he has received during the show, his eye catches one specific message from someone that he has not spoken to for a long time. He scowls as he remembers the backstage confrontation between him and his old friend Bill Barnhart. Someone that he had trusted his life to, someone that he knew he had betrayed his trust and did not wanted to deal with him anymore because of his past as an alcohol abuser.

He turns his cell phone back into his pocket and rests his hands behind his head as he stares at the ceiling of his limo. He was upset, mostly because he could not blame Bill for not trusting him after he had broken the trust of the Bulldog so many times in the past. He lets out a sigh, he had hoped to get into contact with his old friend somehow. He had been at the point of dialing his number so many times, but every single time the courage had sunk into his boots and decided not to. Worried about the outcome of the reaction of his old friend, already knowing that Bill would scream at him or even ignore him. He stares ahead of him, his thoughts drift off to better days. The days where he and Bill had shared the tag team titles in Global Wrestling Alliance after James Weck had turned his back on him while the two were tag team champions. Bill was the one that volunteered to be his tag team partner, a respect that had grown through the years as they had been part of the same company. The memory was quickly replaced by him and Bill being a part of Goth’s very own company The AWA… where Bill was for a very long time his right hand man, something that had caused some of the most destructive moments as well as the funniest as Iris had crapped on his expensive carpets more than one occasion.

“For fuck sakes….,”

He says as he nearly could smell the dog poo that had been dropped on his expensive carpets. He had hated the guts of that dog at those times, but secretly he had always loved Iris. Wondering how old Iris has become as Bill and him had known each other for quite some time and Bill had that dog as long as Goth could remember.

“Can I join you for a ride good sir???”

Says the voice of Melissa, as this has caught Goth by surprise as he was so far away in his memories that he had not noticed her approaching the limo. He finally responds with a smile as the two kiss each other before putting on their seatbelts for the limo to start to drive.

“So what was on your mind handsome??”

She asks Goth as he lets out a sigh, realizing that she had noticed him. This causes him to scratch the back of his neck before turning his attention towards Melissa.

“Its Bill, me and him had a stare down when I was backstage earlier today. It was so strange to be in the same room with him after all these years, years of not having spoken a word to him because…”

Goth’s words travel off in his thoughts, he couldn’t finish the sentence because he was feeling ashamed of what had happened between him and one of his closest friends ever. It had gotten this worse that he had felt jealousy over the friendship that Bill and Vinnie had grown throughout the years. Because he knew what a genuine person Bill was outside the realm of the wrestling world, something he had openly spoken about with Melissa that he wanted his friendship back. Something he had learned that it was a closed book for Bill, something he could not blame him for. He feels his arm tense, his hands turn into fists before he notices Melissa gently squeezing his arm as this slowly brought him back to focus as he turns his attention towards her and is met by the most sincere smile he has ever seen.

“I am so lucky to have you.”

He whispers towards her, causing her to smile as she plants a soft kiss on his lips. The two share a kiss for several moments before she pulls away, lowering her eyes as she savors the moment. She slowly reopens her eyes as she shows a look of concern

“Do you think Bill wants to fight you in the ring??”

The words come out of her mouth and makes him second guess himself whether that this was truly Bill’s intentions. He knew he was good enough to give him a run for his money, but was this something that he was actually ready for??

“Gerrit??”

This startles him once more, she can see doubt on his face. Something that she has not often seen from him, this really must be bothering him. His hands start to shake for a moment before he tries to hide them by planting them on the couch that they are seated upon. But Melissa had noticed it already, but decided to not push it. Goth turns his head towards the window of the passenger door, pretending to look outside but his thoughts drift back to some old memories.

“BILL!!!!!”

Goth shouted as we are back to 2012, Goth storms out of his office with an angry look on his face as Bill already knew how late it is as he came charging out of his office to meet up with Goth. Who is pointing into his office, where we see Iris come walking out of with a look that tells us that she knows that she has done a bad thing.

“Get that stinking mutt out my office!!!”

“Yes Goth, I’m sorry that she had slipped out of my office. Iris come here!!!”

Bill runs over towards his dog and attaches the leash against the dog collar and drags her with him while apologizing to Goth who sniffs his nose and can smell the aroma of the dog poo that the British Bulldog had dropped on the carpet.

“This time Bill is going to clean it up himself.”

We see Goth smile at the comment as we are back to the present day, remembering the many times that they had been at each other’s throats for absolutely nothing while Iris was always very nervous around him. He never understood why the dog was so nervous around him, most of the time he just ignored her instead of playing a lot with the dog. This made him think back to a certain point in his career as owner of the AWA.

“BARK!!!”

The shot opens up in 2015, one of the last few years that the company was still competing against other companies. Goth was seated in his jacuzzi as we notice Iris run into the bathroom of Goth’s office where he had a jacuzzi. Causing him to lower the newspaper that he was reading before rolling his eyes at the sight of the dog from the Barnharts.

“Oh God, not again….. Iris, whatever you do… please don’t jump into the…”

“DAMN YOU STINKING MUT!! Get the f*** out of my jacuzzi!!!”

But Iris is splashing around the jacuzzi, clearly enjoying the water as dives under water for a moment before coming back up and sprays some water into the direction of Goth. Who is about to grab the dog by the collar, but his attention is being diverted by….

“IRIS??? Where are you girl?? Goth!! Have you seen my….. Oh there you are you little biscuit!!!”

“Little…. Biscuit???”

Goth mutters out loud in quite a shock, he had heard dog owners giving their pets lots of cute names, but biscuit wasn’t one of them according to him.

“Was Mister Goth a bad man to you Iris?? Did he yell at you??”

This wasn’t the reaction from Bill that Goth had expected from him, he was about to say something towards him and his dog as Bill suddenly turns towards him and cuts him off.

“Look at her Goth, how could you possibly not want to spend time with her into the jacuzzi???”

“I….. What???”

Goth’s eyes widens as he suddenly sees Bill taking off his jacket and unbuttons his matching pink buttoned down shirt that he was wearing.

“Bill?? What in the hell do you think you are doing???”

Goth watches him take off his shirt before turning his attention towards undoing his shoes, he has already undone one as he kicks him towards the toilet before undoing the other.

“Well sir Goth, I realized that Iris has not yet gotten her swimming diploma.”

“So???”

Goth’s eyes turn from an angry one to a suspicious one, only to have them suddenly open wide as he realize what Bill had in mind. But then it is already too late.

“Ahhh that feels nice Goth, I think we should make it a family and friends get together one day and all share this lovely jacuzzi of yours wouldn’t you agree???”

Bill has already stepped into the jacuzzi and has dumped Iris into the water once more as he had not waited for an answer from Goth. Who at this point is too shocked to say anything that is going on into his bathroom. We see Iris splatter around as Bïll is trying to educate his dog how to do the breast stroke.

“Okay Iris, please pay close attention on what I am doing.”

The sight is truly one that would allow anyone to burst out in laughter for the sheer stupidity as Bill has gotten on his knees while trying to make the exact moves with his arms without having to hit the edges of the jacuzzi without any success of course. This causes him to look up at Goth after a few attempts as his hands are clearly hurting from hitting them against the edges of the jacuzzi.

“I am not here to be a pesky complainer boss, but you should really ask yourself whether you should get a bigger jacuzzi than this one. This one is clearly not suitable for teaching animals how to swim.”

This causes Goth’s eyes to widen as he is slowly starting to breathe heavily.

“Bill, this is MY personal jacuzzi. This is not… I repeat NOT a swimming pool. So please get your….”

“Whoops, I’m sorry Iris. I guess I had always thought that Goth is an animal lover, but I guess he only loves money and…”

Bill quickly gets out of the jacuzzi while carrying iris in his hands, grabbing his dry clothing before stepping towards the door to his office while water falls all over the floor as well as his clothing is squishing like crazy.

“And being an arrogant prick…”

“WHAT??!!!”

Goth has grabbed a shower bottle as he throws it towards the vanishing Bill Barnhart, the bottle hits the door that Bill quickly closed. This causes the bottle to drop on the floor as Goth sits down on the edge of his jacuzzi, trying to register what exactly had happened just a few moments ago.

“That was so funny.”

Goth whispers as we come back to the present day, still staring through the window of his passengers seat. But this time he is grinning from ear to ear as he suddenly hears Melissa.

“What was so funny??”

Goth turns his attention towards Melissa, sitting upright before explaining the situation that he once had been in together with Iris and Bill Barnhart. This causes Melissa to burst out in laughter as both of them share a good laugh while the car continues to drive all the way back to their hotel as there they have plans to spend the night there before getting up early to head over towards the next city where next week’s Climax Control will be aired

Present Day

Footsteps are heard walking across a hallway of a hotel late at night, something that Goth loves to do between travels to clear his mind or focus upon an up and coming match. This time it is a combination of both, one side of it all is the confrontation that he has had with current Roulette champion “Bulldog” Bill Barnhart and the other side of the coin is the first ever confrontation with Matthew “The Raven” Knox. Experience has taught him throughout his career that you cannot overlook the one for the other, but this time it is rather special. A lifelong friendship that had gone through the drain, someone that he had respected as a human being and as a competitor. And on the opposite side, an unknown to him. Someone that he has watched inside the ring as he had waged war with Mac Bane. He knew he had to push Bill Barnhart to the back of his mind, something that the same experience that had taught him he ultimately would when the bell has rang. Goth turns a corner, stops and looks around. He notices the numbers on the doors and realized that he has been walking circles for the third time.

“What is wrong with me??”

He asks himself, looking at his watch as the clock reads that an hour had passed since he had left his hotel room and started to walk around. He usually would either take the steps towards a different level or the elevator, but this time he had decided to stay at the same level that he was staying at. He looks to his left, noticing that he was actually standing in front of his own hotel room door, he lift his hand towards the door knob but stops just moments before reaching out to open it. He had decided that it was too early for him to get back, he knew Melissa wouldn’t have mind to spend some more time with him while watching some of her favorite Netflix programs. And normally he would love to watch some of those with her, but this time he wasn’t into the mood. He was feeling restless, he for some strange reason had the urge to seek the confrontation with someone. Anyone? No, he had one person particular in mind.

“Bill…. Barnhart….”

The name softly rolls off the tip of his tongue, a name that in seriousness he has not uttered in many yeas and yet it feels like it is a recurring subject in his daily life. He grinds his teeth, shakes his head before deciding to continue the walk until he knows there’s an elevator ahead of him. He stops before it, presses the button on the right of the elevator door and presses it for a few seconds longer than necessary. He reluctantly lets his hand fall next to his side, counting the seemingly minutes that it takes the elevator to come down even though it is only a matter of seconds. He steps inside after the door had opened, mentally scowling at himself when he notices a hotel staff member already stood inside the elevator before he could step inside. He decides to just nod towards the other figure, who returns the gesture before Goth turns his focus back upon his lingering thoughts. Nearly not even noticing that the other person had asked him a question.

“Excuse me??”

Goth replies after he had thought he had heard the other person mentioning something towards him

“Apologies sir, but what floor do you wish to go??”

Goth raises an eyebrow, wondering why this individual needed to know where he had wanted to go. Only to realize that he had forgotten to press a button to whatever floor he wanted to go to, this causes him to look at the number of buttons where each represented a floor. Goth finally presses the button to three floors down from the one that he had gotten inside the elevator before turning his attention towards the individual as he nods his head in appreciation. The two men turn their attention away from each other as Goth straightens his jacket as he notices the elevator stopping one floor separated from where he was about to go. He looks over his shoulder and notices that the other figure exits, nodding his head towards Goth as in saying goodnight before Goth watches the doors from the elevator slowly closing in on him.

“”Why do people tend to start a conversation with me after I step foot inside an elevator??

He asks himself before shrugging off the question with a shrug, his attention slowly moves towards the opening doors as he has reached the floor that he had picked out for no particular reason. Slowly he exits the elevator and looks around the dark hallway where for some reason not every lamp above a hotel room door is active. He suddenly hears a noise coming from a few feet away from him, causing him to quickly turn his attention towards it and notices a young couple who had issues trying to open up the door of their hotel room while using their very own room key. He shakes his head, before turning his attention towards the other end of the hallway.

“Amatures…,”

He whispers underneath his breath so that nobody could hear him, he starts to walk away from the direction that the young couple were standing. He let his eyes fall on a hotel room number and stops right in front of it.

“The Barnharts….”

Goth whispers the last name of Bea and Bill, he knows he either should knock on the door or just simply walk off. But he does neither of the two options as for some reason neither sounds right for him to do right now. Grinding his teeth some more as his hands turn into fists

“Why am I refraining myself from doing anything??”

He asks himself, knowing that he won’t be able to answer that question, something that annoys him. He slowly lifts his hand towards the door, finally deciding to knock on the door and demand to get some answers from his “old” friend. But he suddenly noticing that the doorknob from the hotel room door is slowly turning. Goth quickly moves to the right and starts to walk, feeling the breath inside his throat as he quickly turns a corner as he hears the familiar laughter from Bill while tkaing Iris for a quick walk. Goth lifts his watch towards his face and notices the time of a quarter to eleven. Softly cursing towards himself, he should have known better not to go outside around this time of day without having to worry not to bump into Bill. Because he knew that Iris would have taken outside for a walk around this time of the day. He notices Bill surpassing him while staring at the massive back from the current Roulette champion. A championship belt that he has held several times and defended a record amount of time… or at least that is what it once was, he should merely check with the stat checker Mercedes Vargas for that one… causing him to huff from a cynical standpoint. Leaning against the wall of the hallway that he stood in, hoping that the breathing would subside soon as he checks his watch again. But only a minute had passed, even though it looked so much longer.

“Forgive me Knox, I guess this is what happens when you have a moment of having a relapse on solely being focused upon the task at hand huh?? But no worries my friend, coming Climax Control, the only thing that I am only interested in is beating you. Something that we have all come to expect haven’t we?? It’s like the days of the Gladiators, who sole mission was to crush his opposition before someone else does it to you, letting the spectators to be a part of the entire spectacle before allowing them to walk home satisfied until the next time that someone would take a risk in entertaining the “masses”. ”

“I’m sure we will meet soon Bill, I just hope you won’t expect too much of a good night sleep while I am around.”

He lets out a sigh before deciding to walk towards the opposite direction that Bill had come from. He quickly surpasses the hotel room of the Barnhart’s as he concentrates back upon the man that he will be facing this Sunday on Climax Control. Matthew Kross, a name that has caused him to smile for the first time that he had been able to notice beforehand. He knows off the fact that both Kross and Mac Bane have been gunning for the world title along with Ken Daviesson who had lost the belt to the current champion.

“Matthew….,”

He smiles at the thought of mentioning a biblical name, something he has always preferred over any other name that people could come up with.  A man that has been here before, never got his world title rematch. A story that Goth has heard so many times before, it causes him to get annoyed over at the mere thought that someone would be entitled for something when they come back after a sabbatical??

“Funny how some people get what they want, but I still have been waiting for my title opportunity for over a year now?? Yeah, ask Mark Cross about that. The cowardly little bitch has ran off to another place without EVER taking responsibilities for his own actions. But I am sure that he will be back around Blast From The Past season. But I guess he is just another liability that I am fortunate for that I do not have to wipe my hands off from the blood that he would be spilling upon them when I get my hands around his neck. But that dignifying honor is bestowed upon you Matthew…. I know harsh words for someone that has not even been in the ring with me for a one-on-one confrontation have we not? It’s the classical what if question that always lingers wrhen two men become one inside that six sided ring of ours. The moment that we can finally verbally assault each other beyond the imagination of those who merely turn on the television sets and get an education on what is truly at stake in life. Something that pissants like them cannot relate to, because they are incapable of relating to greats like myself.”

“I hope I am not putting a damper upon your expectations of what you had hoped for me to say Matthew, I am not here to pamper to anyone’s feelings. So I hope you didn’t get all too excited for getting a talk of how I respect you and how much I look forward in facing you. Because if you were looking for anything close enough into that direction, then I suggest you should have just stayed away at whatever obscure vicinity that you came from. Because where I am concerned, you are entitled to nothing at all.”

He grinds his teeth, shakes his head before letting out a loud sigh. Resting his arms against the wall in front of him as he looks over to the left and then to the right as if he had heard a sound from either side.

“I know you have had great battles with Mac, I know you want to return to the promised land. Hell don’t we all? It just sickens me to think that all you have to do is to show up and all the wrong that has done to you will be justified by having a hand being placed over your head and everything will be forgiven. All you have to do is to be a good little boy isn’t it?? I guess I must have paid better attention in how I had left this company and the way I came back. But unlike you Matthew, I prefer to do things upon my own accord. Earn everything that is being handed upon you by a silver platter. It’s useless to resist in order to tell me that I am wrong, because nothing will change my opinion on this matter Matthew. Because you are just like Drake Greene once was, just like Mr. Jett City, may he Rest In Peace. But that still doesn’t mean that when you leave, that all your opportunities will be drained through the toilet and you have to start all over again. But I guess that’s what you get with the people who have a jump line mentality isn’t it?? It’s no surprise there that with people like you, that people like “Bulldog” Bill Barnhart are being forced to remain in the Roulette division, or that people like Fenris or Jack Washington need to be put in the waiting list for a possible title opportunity at the nearest convenient appointment that this company is able to put them through. And then I have seriously not even considered to put me through a climactic orgasmic sensation by naming every fucking reason why I should not be in the conversation for whatever reason it is that you are getting. But I guess I am here once again, allowed to pick up the dirty work where any other supposedly superstar in this company is too reluctant to go through what I personally refer to as taking out the trash and never see it back again.”

“Now I know that these words do not trouble you Matthew, but words aren’t the sole essence of what I am capable off inflicting upon others. But it is what I do inside that six sided ring that makes the difference in whether I will allow you to walk upon your own accord…. Or have you stretchered out with a smile upon your face. A smile because you start to realize that there is an opportunity that one day you may be able to stand on your own two feet again. Allowing the decision to be in your hands on whether you wish to continue this line of sports that we call wrestling, or simply grab the ball and run in order to stay away from another beating that I will give you and then I will not be so forgiving. Because that is what I do Matthew, I give the opportunity to others in whether they wish to oppose me one more time…. Or whether they want to be referred as either a coward as well having made the smartest decision ever made in your entire life. Something apparently Bill Barnhart is willing to give everything up for to find out whether the experiences that he had gone through in the past has not died off with retirement looming over me as a thin line throughout my career. Twenty years of having beat anyone that matters in this business. And I know that you will jump to the opportunity to say that I have never faced or beat you, because I have already beaten you without ever having to lace up my fucking boots and kick the shit out of you.”

“Forgive me Matthew, I would have rather spend time shoving a silver spoon up your ass in a sign of respect for who the fuck you are. But that would have meant that I would have to lie through my teeth, that would have meant that I would be giving you a false sense of security that you would have stand a chance against me inside that six sided ring. Only to realize that when that moment comes that you think you can shine over me, that you come to the realization that you are incapable of dealing with that reality Matthew. You will simply crumble underneath the pressure that I have been dealing with for the majority of my twenty year career. Where I had to watch people come and go, no longer surprised that the classics will never die as the mouths that spew them into the obscenity of life have changed…. But the end result of me overcoming everything until I get what I deserve instead of expecting it because of an outdated promise or expectation. Because if you are one of those who believe that everything can be dictated by their own choosing, then I will just have to free them from their ignorance and wipe my boots clean before moving on to the next. Because I am entitled to the very best… something I refuse to share with he likes of you or Bill Barnhart. So please entertain me the last few days before our confrontation is finally set in stone… because it will be the final one that you will be able to remember Matthew…. Until then…. Until then…..”

>

<span style="color:limegreen">First Ever Triple Crown and Grand Slam Winner and 2nd ever Grand Slam Winner</span>