Author Topic: No Toxicity  (Read 768 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
No Toxicity
« on: November 18, 2022, 11:46:43 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, November 18, 2022
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
10:04 AM  PST

The travel had been the worst part.

Without any bookings for two weeks, Seleana Zdunich had taken her eleven-year-old daughter, Aurora, on a trip to Europe to follow her two partners, Christina “Crystal Hilton” Zdunich and Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell, a the other company the two both worked for worked its way towards London for said company’s biggest show of the year in December. Christina worked for the Tuesday show while Alexandra worked for the Saturday show.

They had caught up with the tour as a surprise after working for CEW’s first show in Rome, Georgia, meeting up everyone in Rome, Italy on Saturday, November 5th. Seleana’s sister, Zenna Zdunich and Zenna’s wife, former SCU competitor Linnéa Lacroix, had also made the trip as Zenna had also competed on the CEW show. Following the Saturday show, the whole crew had traveled to Madrid, Spain for the next week’s worth of shows and then had taken an interesting detour to Australia due to the Saturday shows Champion, Kaey Kash, being a native of the area. The logistics had been challenging but everyone had somehow managed to arrive in time to help celebrate Aurora’s twelfth birthday on Monday the 14th even with Alexandra suffering an apparent shoulder injury two days before.

Now, Seleana had returned home to ready herself to face Roxi Johnson in Anaheim, bringing Aurora home with her.

Aurora Zdunich: Why do you have a bed in your office, Mommy?

Having brought the happy twelve-year-old to work with her, Seleana simply shrugs with a small smile, knowing full well how the whole story would go over but also knowing she could not lie to the little girl.

Seleana Zdunich: Christina redecorated when we were having a problem. I was sleeping here on a cot. She felt guilty so she and Brittany were keen to make things prettier.

Aurora nods slowly.

Aurora Zdunich: Was this before me?

Seleana nods back.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it was before she had taken the job in Las Vegas and gotten the apartment there.

Aurora looks around in the makeshift bedroom.

Aurora Zdunich: So that’s why it looks so much like Mommy in here.

Amused, Seleana allows herself a small snicker.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, she was so keen to show me she was sorry and that she wanted to make things up to me but was willing to wait until I was ready.

Aurora frowns as confusion starts to set in some. 

Aurora Zdunich: How did she do all this if you were here as home and work?

Seleana sighs.

Seleana Zdunich: I was helping a friend too so I was over hers often. Her name is Kate and we were almost sisters-in-law many years ago before this happened. At the time, she was dating Aunt Eavan and was pregnant. Her pregnancy was difficult and her doctor had ordered complete bed rest. She needed help so Eavan, I and another friend called Shay all helped her until the baby came.

Aurora sits down on the edge of the bed, shaking her head as she does so.

Aurora Zdunich: Who are you fighting this weekend?

Happy for the subject change, Seleana’s smile grows slightly.

Seleana Zdunich: Roxi Johnson.

Again, Aurora frowns in confusion.

Aurora Zdunich: Aren’t you friends?

Seleana nods affirmatively.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, we are.

Aurora’s frown intensifies.

Aurora Zdunich: Then why are you fighting?

Seleana can only shrug.

Seleana Zdunich: Because it was the match the company decided they were keen to see. Sometimes, there is no bigger reason behind one. They just have two of us that they are keen to see so they match us against each other to see what will happen.

Aurora scoffs, her face scrunching up into a look of near disgust. 

Aurora Zdunich: That’s weird. 

Seleana shrugs again.

Seleana Zdunich: Sometimes that is wrestling.

Aurora nos slowly.

Aurora Zdunich: Being an adult sounds hard… and strange.

Seleana chuckles.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it is.

Aurora looks over at her mother, hopeful worry in her eyes.

Aurora Zdunich: Do I have to be one?

Seleana smiles back at her reassuringly.

Seleana Zdunich: Not right now, Älskling.

Exhaling with relief, Aurora flops over onto her back on the bed.

Aurora Zdunich: Good!

Seleana can’t help but chuckle again and this time, Aurora joins in the laughter.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig älskling.

Aurora Zdunich: I love you too, Mommy!

On-Camera

Friday, November 18, 2022
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
4:04 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zunich sitting at her desk, shuffling papers into a drawer.

Seleana Zdunich: Ursäkta, jag höll precis på att städa.

She finishes and looks up into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Sorry, I was finishing the cleaning of my area.

She folds her hands in front of her on the desk’s top.

Seleana Zdunich: Sunday, Anaheim, I meet Roxi Johnson in friendly competition. This will be a change for both of us lately. Roxi had a busy year dealing with Masque and then with her own wife.

Nodding sadly, Seleana can’t help but be empathetic.

Seleana Zdunich: I have had to do that several times myself. I will see you Sunday, Roxi, and there will be no extra. I am keen to test skills but I harbor no malice of hatred. There is no ulterior motive behind me. There is no ulterior motive behind you. No acts of vengeance are called for or demanded.

She looks down at her desk.

Seleana Zdunich: I will miss Keira. She was a great competitor and I hope she is able to enjoy her time away. I hope it does not interfere with you in any way.

Seleana’s smile belies her seriousness.

Seleana Zdunich: I am keen for this match, Roxi, despite and even because there is nothing else behind it. There is no anger.  There is no sadness. There is no betrayal. There is no violence. There is no insanity. There is nothing involved but pure competition between friends. I am grateful for this. There is too much hatred and toxicity. There is too much of the negative on the normal here.

She pauses, nodding happily.

Seleana Zdunich: I am grateful that such a thing is still possible. 

A sincere smile dawns.

Seleana Zdunich: I am happy to call you my friend. You have always been good to me, Roxi.  I thank you for that and I thank you for this match. Let us go out and show what we can do, ja?