Author Topic: Defending The Dead  (Read 825 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Defending The Dead
« on: November 11, 2022, 02:16:23 PM »
October 7th
“He just implied WHAT?!”

It’s been a little over a year since O’Malley has been seen in SCW. While he had such high hopes for where he wanted his career to go last year, it never quite got there. To some, that would come as a major disappointment, and it would eat at them for years to come. To O’Malley, though, he had a much more important reason for quietly stepping away from SCW and his wrestling career as a whole.

His family.

You see, while 2021 had started out on a devastating note with Darcy experiencing the loss of their unborn daughter, what the year had in store for them just several months later would bring a hope and happiness that they weren’t sure they would ever get back following such a devastating loss.

It’s currently late in the evening in the O’Malley household in Las Vegas, Nevada. O’Malley’s son, Owen, is finishing getting ready for bed in the bathroom down the hall. He’s brushing his teeth following his bath. Darcy supervises, although rarely has to assist as the now seven year old is quite independent for his age.

Just down the hall, in another bedroom, O’Malley is handling another precious member of the family. Or make that two of them. You see, just about eight months ago two new members of the O’Malley household were born. Darcy and O’Malley’s twin daughters, Delaney and Sadie.

Both little girls have just fallen asleep in their father’s arms in the rocking chair of their nursery. And anyone who has children knows how difficult it can be to rock one eight month old child to sleep, much less two. But O’Malley has managed to get the job done. And as Darcy appears in the doorway, she leans against the doorframe and stares at him as he continues to rock back and forth with his own eyes closed. Not wanting to wake her infant daughters, she quietly knocks on the doorframe, getting his attention only.

Darcy: It still amazes me that you can get the both of them to sleep like that. Are you ever going to share your secret?

O’Malley grins and gently shakes his head no. They both have to speak in hushed voices.

O’Malley: Ye know me, love. I’ve gotta enjoy this time while it lasts, so I’m not sayin’ anything.

Darcy: You act as though they’re going to suddenly despise you tomorrow. You know they won’t.

O’Malley smirks and Darcy quietly steps into the room, walking towards him. She reaches for the dark haired little girl on her right as O’Malley gently hands her off to her mother, both doing their best not to wake either of them.

O’Malley: Maybe not. But I need to do everything in me power to make sure it doesn’t happen sooner rather than later. Not that it matters. We both know they much prefer Owen over us anyway.

He slowly stands and then suddenly freezes as the little girl in his arms yawns and appears to be waking up. Luckily for the both of them, she doesn’t. Darcy lays the one in the crib with an “S” emblem above it, while O’Malley lays the other in the crib with the “D” above it. He would love nothing more than to watch his sleeping daughters a little longer, but as Owen is waiting for him in the other room, he kisses Darcy’s temple and walks out of the room.

He makes it to Owen’s room a few seconds later, and immediately thought his son was already fast asleep as he had his eyes closed and was already tucked under his blanket. The light on his nightstand was on, yes, but Owen appeared to be fast asleep. However when O’Malley went to turn the light off, Owen’s eyes opened up. And for some reason, he looked almost sad.

Owen: Daddy, do you think Mommy misses me?

The words took O’Malley by surprise. Owen’s questions about Misty were few and far between these days, and the farther apart they became, they managed to take him by surprise every time. O’Malley runs his hand over Owen’s head and offers him a reassuring smile.

O’Malley: I don’t think she does, Owen. I KNOW she does. What on earth made ye ask a question like that, though?

Owen shrugs.

Owen: I don’t know. She doesn’t show up in my dreams much anymore.

O’Malley: Well I’m sure that doesn’t mean it’s because she doesn’t miss ya, Owen. She knows yer happy and well taken care of so maybe that’s why ye don’t dream about her very much anymore. Don’t be sad, boy-o.

Owen musters up a small smile then lets out a big yawn. O’Malley chuckles then rustles his son’s hair.

O’Malley: Alright, fella, time fer sleep.

At that moment, a ding can be heard from O’Malley’s pocket, signaling a notification of some sort from his phone. He kisses Owen’s forehead as he stands up.

O’Malley: G’night, Owen.

Owen: Good night, Daddy.

And with Owen’s tired filled response, O’Malley turns off the light and walks out of his bedroom, leaving it open just a crack. He pulls his phone out of his pocket and reads a text message from a number he doesn’t recognize and raises an eyebrow.

“You might want to watch The Troll’s video…”

O’Malley: Now why would I want to do that?

Darcy: Why would you want to do what?

O’Malley looks up as Darcy approaches him. He shows her the text message, and she, too, is curious.

Darcy: Well…let’s go get your laptop and have a look. Normally I wouldn’t care, but someone obviously thought you should see whatever it is that he has to talk about.

O’Malley shrugs in response and the two walk down the hall to the master bedroom. O’Malley grabs his laptop and takes a seat on his side of the bed, while Darcy goes to her own on the other side. She waits patiently as his laptop loads and he clicks and types away going to the SCW website. He finds the link to The Troll’s video and reluctantly presses play.

It takes several minutes and many eye rolls later to get to why he was advised to watch in the first place, and while Darcy is left horrified and growing angry, O’Malley is just shaking his head. As soon as the video is done, he closes his laptop and sets it on his night stand, not saying so much as a word.

Darcy: Well?

O’Malley: Well what? It was a load of shite, Darcy. C’mon.

He shakes his head, but Darcy stares at him and has her arms folded across her chest.

Darcy: While that may be true, he’s publicly accusing me of being Misty after plastic surgery! It’s ridiculous!

O’Malley: Love, nobody ever believes a word he says. Ye’ve got nothing to worry about. Don’t get so bothered by it.

Darcy: Oh I’m sure someone out there believes me. Maybe not many, but someone is stupid enough to believe it. The only question is, what do you plan on doing about it?

O’Malley laughs and shakes his head. He stands up from the bed and stares quizzically at his wife.

O’Malley: What am I going to do? Darc, I don’t need to do anything! He’s a bloody liar and everyone knows it. I’m not going to give him the time of day by bothering to give this any attention. He’ll move on to the next lie tomorrow, trust me.

Darcy: And if he doesn’t?

O’Malley lets out a sigh. Before he has a chance to respond, the sound of one of their daughters crying in the nursery is heard. Darcy sighs and shakes her head. O’Malley is about to go check on the twins, but Darcy stands up.

Darcy: I’ve got it this time.

O’Malley can tell she’s annoyed, and he takes her by the hand before she disappears out of the bedroom.

O’Malley: Look, I’ll keep an eye on this Troll situation, alright? If he keeps it up, I’ll speak up and say something about it. I’ll handle it, okay?

Darcy: You better. Because I’m certainly not going to sit back and let people think that I’m a woman who faked her own death and had plastic surgery to try and cover it up.

She pulls her hand away and walks out of the room. O’Malley runs his hand through his hair and closes his eyes. He was all too familiar with how the Troll could be, but he hoped in this instance he wasn’t proven wrong and that The Troll would give up on such a ridiculous notion.

Unfortunately for O’Malley, he would soon find out that this was one lie that The Troll simply would not let go…

The camera opens up in a mostly darkened room, save for a small spotlight shining on an easel holding a portrait. The subject of the portrait? None other than the late former SCW Hall of Fame Three-time World Bombshell, Misty! It had been near five years since her death, but the accomplishments she achieved during her time in SCW will be forever remembered and praised.

Unless of course you are someone named Thomas Gabriel Wank, a.k.a The Troll. For the last several weeks he has been disgracing her memory and spewing terrible lies. Those lies…end today.

“It’s no secret that Misty wasn’t exactly well liked during her career in SCW, and hell even before then. That is par fer the course when it comes to a wrestling career, ain’t it?”

O’Malley’s voice is heard, but he’s not seen as the spotlight and the camera remains focused on Misty’s portrait.

“But whether ye loved her or hated her, there ain’t a single person who can deny the things she did for SCW and the Bombshell roster. She built that roster and made it competitive from day one. She may have been retired when she died, but that didn’t make her death any less tragic or unexpected, did it? I know fer a fact that when she died, she was doin’ everything in her power to talk to Mark and Christian about one last run.”

His voice begins to shake as his mind changes course and goes to that fateful day in December of 2017. Without even seeing his face, you just know he’s staring at the portrait of his late wife with a deep sadness, but also a growing rage.

“But she didn’t even get a chance to persuade them to form the contract. December sixth of twenty seventeen, she was taken from all of us in a car crash. A car crash that very nearly killed her daughter in the same moment. And there’s plenty of evidence to support that, yet one man…No, I can’t even call him a man. One pathetic little Mumma’s boy, is out there spewing a version he wants everyone to so desperately to believe fer some reason.”

The spotlight then goes out for a few moments and some rustling around can be heard. When the spotlight comes back on, the portrait of Misty has now been replaced by a portrait of O’Malley’s current wife, Darcy.

“Darcy…me beautiful wife and the mother of me twin daughters…The Troll wants everyone to believe that she…is Misty. He’s out there claiming that Misty faked her death and then went through a hell of a lot of plastic surgery to look like Darcy. It’s a lie straight out of the movies, because that’s exactly where it should stay! How the hell could one woman go through that much surgery to look like a completely different woman?! Better question…why?!”

Just then O’Malley can be seen stepping into the camera view, but he keeps his back turned to it. He starts setting up a second easel and brings Misty’s portrait back into view, before turning around and standing between the two portraits and glaring into the camera.

“Wanky boy, I’m now talk in’ directly to ye, fella. I want ye to take a long look at both of these portraits. I want ye to understand that, these are two very different women. Get it through yer bloated head that Misty…”

He points to Misty’s portrait.

“She’s dead, fella. She didn’t fake her death. She didn’t force everyone she loved, her children included, to think she was dead only so she could drastically change her appearance to be someone else. After this match on Sunday, fella, yer gonna stop with this shite once and fer all. I’m gonna beat ye worse than I did two weeks ago, and yer gonna regret ever starting these vicious lies.”

He continues to glare into the camera, angrier than ever before that it has come down to this.

“Ye know, a month ago…a return to the ring wasn’t even on me mind. A few birdies here and there had been bugging me, tryna get me to come back, but I thought to meself, why? Why would I when I have a beautiful family at home to take care of. I’ve got three beautiful children that I get the pleasure of watch in’ grow up and helpin’ mold them into bein’ respectable human beings. Somethin’ that yer not even close to bein’ despite having an amazing Mum from what I understand. Must be because ye obviously didn’t have a father there to put ye back in line when ye were bein’ a disresctful little turd. Or the fact yer still on yer Mum’s tit despite bein’ an adult.”

He gags for a moment then shakes his head, trying to get back on topic.

“I’m not thrilled at the fact that it took a lyin’ fat sack-o-shite like ye, Wanky boy, to lure me back to the ring. I ain’t happy about it, but I’m definitely gonna enjoy finishing what I started two weeks ago. Because I’m gonna do what Misty did. I’m gonna defend me family until me very last breath. And fer yer Mum’s sake…I hope she doesn’t watch this one.”

The camera zooms in on his face. More specifically, the fiery determination in his eyes.

“Because I’m gonna humiliate her little boy. See ye Sunday, Wanker.”

And with one sick smile, the camera fades away.
>