Author Topic: Legends Never Die...but they should  (Read 806 times)

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Legends Never Die...but they should
« on: November 10, 2022, 09:01:05 AM »
12. The Omega to My Alpha
Build your thrones

It was a strange feeling, breaking up with the golden haired love. Watching her walk away with another person. A man. And it was even stranger when I felt nothing. I saw it coming. From the moment they met I just saw it and felt it.. So I shut down. I buried all the feelings for her that I had and rebuilt those walls. Then I met him….

His name was Jace. And it made me laugh that I would fall for a gypsy. See for years I had wondered what Amber had seen in her husband Renee. He was a large, hairy brut. He stood six foot eight and was a beast. It was easy to forget he was only 23, same age as my sister. It was even harder to remember Jace was only 20, a year younger than I when I met him.

The relationship I had with Jace was something different for me. It was not intense, it was not an ownership. It wasn’t filled with love and affection and rainbows, unicorns and puppy dogs. What we had was one of youth and learning. And of course there was intensity. The sex was mind blowing. We would tear at each other any second we had that was private. But when it came to talking to one another, when it came to the part of a relationship that meant something we just didn’t care…

The emotions didn’t matter as much as being comfortable.

And I was very comfortable with Jace.

And the worst past is I also became comfortable with the gypsy way of life. I played the part, I let Jace answer for me, I let everyone believe that I belonged to him. And unlike Renee he never abused that right. He never “put me in my place”. But then again...there were other side effects...ones I wasn’t prepared for.

Don't you know?
Who the fuck I am or have a clue who I used to be?
I came to bring the pain and I don't owe you a fucking thing
Build your thrones
On broken bones

6 Years Ago
Gypsy Compound outside NYC

I breathed heavy as I moved around her. The little blonde thing was faster than I thought. She dodged in and out, she got inside my reach and hit a hard shot to my ribs. Her jab was like lightening, her footwork amazing. But I knew if I could get her with one good shot I’d take her out. 

Crack, crack, crack.

Two jabs and a hard right hook, as I turned back to retaliate they called a round. I went back to the side of the barn that Jace stood, an unimpressed look on his handsome face. His long sandy blonde hair tied back up and high in a bun allowing me to get lost in those baby blues. His gruff voice breaking me out of the haze I found myself in “Lass wha tha fuck are ya doin” I laughed a moment and shook my head.

“I’m not really sure… she’s fast Jace, real fast.” I looked over my shoulder at her. The whispy little thing. Couldn’t have been more than five foot tall and 90 pounds soaking wet. Her blonde hair reminding me so much of...her. Jace grabbed my face pulling it back to his.

“Listen, are ya that blind ya dun even see she drops her right everytime she throws a left jab?...c’mon girl get out there…”

I gave Jace a nod and cracked my knuckles, her blood on the tape around my knuckles giving me another small laugh. We came out into the middle of the concrete floor, she went for her jab, her right hand dropped just as Jace said. I slipped it and slammed in a hard overhand right and she went down, out cold. The barn erupted, money changed hands, men laughed and drank. Jace grabbed me by the hips lifting me high in the air.

I never felt so alive.

Present Day

”Oi, you awake?”

I was, but also, wasn’t. I could hear him, Dimitri Watson, Finns younger brother. I knew he was there, I knew he was talking to me. But at the same time I was so deep in thought and so focused on a certain memory that I didn’t even move or acknowledge his annoying presence in any way whatsoever. I sat back on the couch, my right leg over my left, my arms folded over my chest. And I felt Dickie move around from behind me to the front to get my attention.

What the fuck did he want?

”Hey earth to raging bitch…I asked you a question…”

I looked uop slowly shaking my head. ”What?”

There was no snappy comeback, no anger for being called a raging bitch, no histility. And I could see in his eyes that Dickie was confused, horrible confused. He knew what I was like, he’d spent enough time around me to get what my patterns were. My personality quirks. ”Have you seen my brother?

I shook my head, lightly, barely moving. ”No, sorry.”

Dickie raised an eyebrow and gave a small nod, he turned to walk away from me but stopped mid step looking over his shoulder with a sigh. ”Ok, what the fuck is going on with you?”

”What?, nothing”

”Yeah that’s bullshit….I can kinda tell, you’ve been weird since you got back, does this have something to do with Finn?”

I swallowed hard, and shook my head looking down and away, I took a deep breath and turned to Dickie, maybe he could help, maybe he could understand. ”I went to see somebody…”

”Who?”

”Aaron…”

A few hours earlier I was livid, but holding it in. I stepped out of the uber, walking through the large doors of the apartment complex, it was, nice. Not completely unlivable. Not as nice as the place I now called home. I walked across the foyer, to the elevators and acted like I belonged. No one stopped me, no one asked why I was there. I had to hold all that anger in.

I had to hold the urged in check. I was repeating it in my mind. Throttling her on sight eas not going to do any favors to anyone. Let alone me.

I moved to the door, knocking lightly as I could without wanting to break the door down but loud enough for her to hear. I could hear her to, moving across the hallway, stopping at the door, I could feel her looking through the peephole and even the small laugh of amusement escaping her lips.

This bitch

The door opened after some clicking, she stood in front of me with a small smirk, her tacky candy colored hair tied back with a bad make up job stared at me through the doorway. My hands, fotr a split second balled into fists, but I was able to calm myself in seconds, a control over my emotions that a young Kayla never had. She smirked and turned, inviting me in, she wasn’t stupid, she knew why I was there, why I was going to talk. I sat down at her kitchen table, I needed to, standing was going to give me to much of an opening to fuck her shit up.

”Well, I expect you’re hyear to thank me.” Thank her? ”He crumbled didn’t he? Turned into putty in your hands? I know Callen, I know how he feels when he sees me. So, you’re welcome I guess.” She laughed and fluttered her hand, she may have even been shocked that I let her talk first. She had seen me and been around me enough to know what I was like. Much like Dickie and everyone else in Finns life.

I tilted my head and leaned forward. ”I am going to make this very, very, very clear. I kept my voice calm, measured, as close to my normal cadence as I could. ”You expecting me to thank you, expecting me to enjoy what you did to him because he was vulnerable with me, just goes to show you have no idea who I am, who I really am.”

It was already hard to hide this, already hard to keep my emotions in check. The dam I had built, the wall to hid everything I felt when I was seven years old had cracks and leaks, but right now. It was ready to burst and drown this bitch. ”I don’t want to manipulate him like you. Use his emotions and pain to draw him into my little web, so, I decided to come here and make something clear to you in the best way I can, Aaron…”

”Oh?” She leaned forward, interested, intrigued and studying me. ”And what’s that?”

I swallowed again, looking up at her through my hair which framed my face, my eyes burning a deep color of jade that was a Richards girls trademark. ”If you ever do that to him again, I will end you.”

She laughed, loudly. ”Oh what?, you want to go to war with me? I may not step in the ring as much as I used to but trust me Kayla I could still take y-”

”You misunderstood me.” My hand waved and went up catching her eye as I stayed calm, she raised an eyebrow, the look of confidence and bravado changing to confusion. This was not what she, or I expected. ”I don’t mean we’ll fight, I don’t mean we’ll settle this “in the ring” or any other nonsense. I will ruin you. I will make sure your friends turn their backs on you, your family will disown you and you will be unemployable and undesirable. I will dig up ever last skeleton in your closet and make sure we all know what kind of person you are.” I leaned forward closer to her so she was forced to look into my eyes. ”Scratches, bruises, even broken bones heal. But a reputation, a negative one…it never gets repaired.”

I stood up, I was done, I said my peace. I turned and moved toward her door and Aaron, well, Aaron had stayed silent as she contemplated a war she no longer wanted. ”You….love him…” I stopped, for a split second, I wanted to turn and say something, anything. Maybe even admit it to myself. The moment passed. I moved to her door pulling it open.

”Goodbye Aaron…”

And now here, I was, a few hours later back home. Finn was nowhere to be seen, even Miles and Bella and everyone else that Finn had collected in his home for wayward wrestlers was out. It was just me, and little Mister Watson. A man whose jaw looked like it hit the floor with shock and awe. ”You said that…to Aaron?”

”Yes”

”Aaron Asphyxia?

”Yes”

”Finns ex wife Aaron?”

YES Dimitri

He blinked a few times, backing up a bit and folding his arms, I simply went back to staring into space, unsure of what to do, unsure of where to go and what to say to Finn next time I saw him. Since he went to bed after slumping into my arms, resting on my shoulder I had not been able to talk to him in private, have time with him. And now, I was worried, scared of what to say, scared I would say the wrong thing.

I had congratulated him on his win, smiled at him, told him how proud I was. But truthfully…

I just wanted him to be ok….

Legends never die….bit they should

”Never, in my life as a professional wrestler have I had a more confusing few weeks..”

Kayla sighs heavily, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees and the SCW Internet title belt in her hands between her black denim covered legs.

”See, never in my time doing this for a living have I had to see the person I beat in a personal, non-wrestling related setting. Yet here we go with Bella. Seeing her in the days following our match. Seeing the way she took her loss. You know, I don’t respect many people, in fact I actively go out of my way to disrespect and shit on basically everyone. But, Bella Madison put it all on the line and did her family name and lineage proud. I’m sure her father and mother were watching from above, smiling at their little girl…”

Someone from the side of the camera talks to Kayla, she titles her head and scoffs narrowing her eyes.

”What do you mean Nick Madison and Laura Phoenix aren’t dead?....oh, wait, it’s just their careers that kicked the bucket…my bad.”

She shrugs and laughs to herself.

”But, so many people thought I was about to lose the title, betting on Bella to beat me, and hey, I get it, Bella is a great young talent and truth be told if it was anybody else holding the title you would have had a better chance and might have even walked away with it. But, through a cruel twist of fate it was me you came up against Bella, and because of that you ended up coming away empty handed. But, one day you will be a champion, I have no doubt i9n my mind. But, it goes to show the difference between people like me and people like Bella.”

“Bella has been in SCW for a while now, always showing a little promise here and there. Winning the mixed tag titles, having a big win over a name opponent there. You are always getting close to breaking through that glass ceiling. But you just end up busting your head on it.”

“Meanwhile. I came into SCW like a force of nature, and broke right on through to the other side.”

“From day on I have been the name on everyones lips and no matter how hard they tried to keep me down, no matter how many jealous little bitches ran their mouths behind closed doors I still ended up rising to the top and I did it by being one of the best professional wrestlers on this planet. Whether it’s in the ring, cutting a promo, doing guest commentary or running down peopl,e on twitter not one of you can touch me in this goddamn business and that is a fact. So while Bella is one of those people who is always talked about with potential…I’m someone who lives it and realizes it in spite of everyone else trying to stop me…”

She stands up, moving across the room before lifting the Internet title over her shoulder and holding it to her chest with her right hand.

”You look at the impact I have made in such a short amount of time here. I walked in, I beat name after name after name and I have stumbled twice. One was that stupid Roulette match and the other was a fluke that I avenged in short order. No one can deny the impact I have made or that I will continue to make. However, I’m sure some of you remember the comments I have made about the Internet title and the fact everyone seems obsessed with winning multiple titlers only to drop them.”

“In some cases, they just want to win them, then drop them.”

“It’s disrespectful to a championship and what winning a title is all about. This is not a trinket to just add to your resume, it’s not a bargaining chip to try and leverage your way into a match for a more prestigious championship. It’s a prize, a prize that says you are oned of the best in the world and that people should try and come take it from you. And that is what I want the Intetrnet title to be. I want this to be a title worth holding.”

“And as such I want to be a fighting champion.”

“See, following High stakes I asked Christian and Mark if they would make sure I was back in the ring as soon as possible. And like they have said I never specified if it was with the title on the line or not. But, honestly. It doesn’t matter. And it shouldn’t matter. So many of you bitch and piss and moan when a title is on the line, but you should be trying to win EVERY match you’re in, so what does it matter?.”

She scoffs and rolls her eyes before adjusting the title and continuing.

”And the first name they picked out for me, ina woman who many consider to be a legend in SCW and the wrestling world. A woman who has won every title here and done damn near everything, a woman who has her name etched in the hall of fame and who continues to wrestle for the company that made her famous. Mercedes Vargas. Now, on the short list of names who I believe deserves a title shot at this, well, she didn’t exactly rank in the top five. But as I said, I am a fighting champion and I’ll put this title on the line.”

“It’s a title you have held before Mercedes. You held it for a cup of coffee over six years ago. And while you have had a few good title reigns in SCW the one holding this championship, well, that ain’t it chief. You beat Alexis Edwards know went missing soon after, you lost it to Jesse Salco of all people less than two months after you won it, so, part of me thinks this is going to actually mean something for you. Cause it’s a championship that you held but never really got to represent to the best of your ability.”

“You had runs with the Roulette and the Bombshells world title that matters, a mixed tag title run that mattered but with this? Well, shit you may have well just forgotten about your win and loss. And I get it, as of right now, I guess I can’t really talk. I won it in a battle royal, I then lost it to a woman who really shouldn’t have been close to me and won it back pretty fast. So, if I lose this championship to you, well…”

“I’ll be a dirty fuckin hypocrite”

“I’ll be the same as you Mercedes, someone who won a title without ever really making their mark with it. And I just cannot let that happen. It’s why I wanted to defend it again, it’s why I wanted to have another match so soon after the war I had with Bella. Not just for the title itself, to make it mean something, but, I suppose to prove it to myself that I am better than you, better than the Jounsons, better than Crystal and Kate and everyone else who has struggled to make this title mean anything.”

Kayla growls and shakes her head looking down and away before her bright green eyes flash up again, her mouth twisting into an evil smirk.

”Now, one of the reasons why your name wasn’t on the short list of those who I felt earned a title shot is cause, well, lately yoyu haven’t really done much. You and I both failed to win the Roulette title but while I went on to become the Internet champion and pick myself back up after two losses, you have just spiraled further and circled the drain. Thing is, this is a position you have been in time and time again. But you always seem to bounce back, have a few big wins and do something. I refuse to be your comeback win Vargas.”

“Not just for the internet title and my own aspirations, but because when you look at us, it’s clear I’m the future and you’re the past. That isn’t hyperbole either, that’s a fact. I am a 27 year old champion with time, youth and skill on my side and you are so much closer to the end of your career than you will ever care to admit.”

“I lose to you and I give up a title that I worked like hell to get back, I lose to you and everything I haver said and done becomes a mute point and I start from fucking square one again.”

“And unlike you, I will have to drag myself back up on my skill alone. See, for me to get things like title shots I have to win. I had to win my first four matches to be included in opportunities, I had to have atleast a title defense to get a rematch for the Internet title, I have to win and win and win. While you? You got a title shot because I’m not a scared child like others who whine about defences and because of your name.”

“And in the end Mercedes, when all is said and done, that is all you’ll have left. Your name. Your legacy, your past, with each loss, with each week you get closer and closer to the end of your career and you have more and more people seeing it. But like a drug addict you just can’t give it up. You need one more hit, one more win, one more moment in the fucking sun for us all to see. One more time for you to hold a title over your head and have the right to say you still have it. And while you can still hang in the ring in certain situations and while you are still better than the Bea Barnharts of the world…”

“The Mercedes Vargas who went to war with my sister almost a decade ago….she’s gone, and in her place is a shell, a walking talking analog of what was once someone to be admired and respected. And that is sadder than anything else I have seen as of late…”