Author Topic: FENRIS v J2H  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
FENRIS v J2H
« on: October 17, 2022, 07:25:59 AM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline J2H

• View Profile
    • J2H
Re: FENRIS v J2H
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 01:34:59 PM »
Exert from untitled J2H autobiography.

It happened again.

I don't know what it is about High Stakes, the show or the hype around it, but it happened again. I could feel the tension building in me as SCW approached Violent Conduct. At times, things have been a year in the making, mostly because I walk through the curtain after a hell of a match and someone says me and you, next year and call it adrenaline, call it the buzz of the crowd, call it what you like, I struggle to say no. It's like a drug to me and I always seem to say yes. I thought 2021 was going to be my last, I thought it was my quiet sign off from the wrestling world, it was a huge pay day for me, so it was time to be a father properly and not take stupid risks, but then it just happened.

I could feel the hit of the High Stakes drug calling my name, I could feel that something was gonna go down and I knew just from watching the build up to Violent Conduct, that my phone was going to ring.

It was a cold Monday morning about halfway through the cycle when my phone did ring and I saw Christian's name on the caller ID and it was like I already knew what was coming, I already knew what the conversation was going to be. Don't get me wrong, I hear from Christian or Mark once a month at least to talk about the show or to look for opportunities to surprise the crowd but I felt this conversation was not gonna be a surprise for me.

I was right.

Christian spoke about High Stakes being J2H season, he spoke about how it wouldn't be the same without me there one way or another. He told me that High Stakes was my show. I wanted to say no, I wanted to tell Christian to let it be this year, that if he wanted me there for camera time, let me just bring my son and be a fan.

But I just couldn't say no.

There was no plans set, I said I would do an open challenge knowing I could fall flat on my face as so many have with open challenges. I still put that down to people not looking at anyone else's work but their own and missing opportunities but what was the worst that could happen? I put out an open challenge, everyone hides and I smirk saying that no one has the balls to stand up to me? Yeah, that's not exactly bad for me. It just protects the legend of who I am, who I become. Part of me wanted that I think where I could just act the big man, everyone will cower down and I could just sit there and watch the show I made famous.

It wasn't to be.

So Christian invited me to India, but that was not for me at all, so we agreed upon a video telling people I will be at the show after Violent Conduct to allow anyone to come to me and show how tough they are. I got the usual Twitter responses with Mark Cross seemingly interested, only to not make contact with anyone and seem to have a hissy fit afterwards that it wasn't him going against me. The truth is, no one stepped up, not one person reached out to Mark or Christian and said I want to do this. Seemed like I wasn't the only one having this problem.

Fenris too stuck out an open challenge on the same show, and what I learned a time after we went to war, people ran from him too. You might think at that point this match came about because everyone else decided not to step up, but you're wrong. Although between the minds of Mark and Christian, I wouldn't be surprised if the two saw a light bulb and dollar signs as soon as they realized that no one wanted to face me, no one wanted to face Fenris, but neither of us knew that would be the case until Climax Control. There was no planning before that, well, not from me at least but possible from a pair of bosses with a mind for business and a smell for financial security.

So how did it happen? How did this all come about?

I showed up for Climax Control and waited around for a while in a private room when Mark appeared. We spoke about how things were gonna go that night and I told him that I was gonna go to the ring and talk, I didn't want to know who was gonna come out that curtain to take me up on my open challenge, I wanted it to be natural. I told him the phrase I was gonna use to end my part and have either someone come out or I wrap it up. Mark agreed, gave me a start time to be at the curtain and everything was fine. I heard rumours a while later that Christian was with Fenris talking the same thing.

So yeah, those two might have come up with a genius idea and blocked anyone else attempting to accept the open challenges or made the best of a bad situation. To know for sure, you'll have to read their autobiographies.

So I show up just as Fenris walks through the curtain to talk and stood just watching the screens next to Christian and Mark and I couldn't help but ask.

"So who accepted his challenge?"

Christian didn't hesitate but to answer at me without looking at me.

"No one. He's gonna say what he has to and yell a bit."

Just for a few seconds, that brought a little smile to my face, but just for a few seconds because it hit me. Was I gonna have the same fate? I looked around the faces waiting in the backstage area and none were looking at me. If they knew in about ten minutes time, they were gonna be face to face with me, in their head they would be trying to cut a promo on me, they would be imagining every word they plan on saying to me, but no one was making eye contact. The thought crossed my mind that maybe SCW have hidden someone away till the big reveal. I had to ask.

"I don't want to know who, but is there someone who's gonna interrupt me?"

It was Mark's time to answer.

"No." Was his short reply. "You get to call the roster lazy."

Part of me felt relieved at hearing this, that I didn't have to worry, but there was that craving running through me. There was a guy in the ring talking right now and everyone had run away from him too. I had a split decision to make at that moment in time and I made it.

"Fuck it, hit my music."

As soon as the words left my mouth, I saw Christian and Mark share a glance and a smile, maybe they did engineer it and if they did, they got two of the most dominant SCW World Champions in the history of the company about to be face to face.

It took me a few seconds to hop up those steps and behind the curtain as the music hit and cut Fenris off in the ring. I knew he didn't know about this, I didn't until seconds ago, and it hit me - I didn't know what the fuck I was going to say to him, I didn't know what reason I was gonna come up with for going for this match but it was too late to turn back now.

People thought I was delaying my entrance to build up anticipation and drama but it was nothing to do with that. The crowd was so loud, I could barely hear my music! I took a chance and walked out and looked around and the screaming faces and the noise was just deafening. Everything felt like a blur, but I could see the look on people's faces were in shock. They knew I was going to be there but they didn't know they would see Fenris and J2H in the same ring. Fuck, I didn't know we were gonna see J2H and Fenris in the same ring until a few minutes ago.

The whole situation felt surreal as I walked down the ring ramp and all I could think of was what the fuck was I gonna say when I stepped through those ropes. I looked at Fenris face and I could tell he was just as surprised to see me there as I was being there but I had my game face on. The second I got in the ring, I barely heard Fenris mutter the words "fucking hell" and I'm sure he barely heard me reply "you're not my type" because the crowd was on fire, the crown was electric and they knew they were about to witness something great.

They did witness something great there because it lead to the epic match that followed that people will talk about for years to come.

In that moment, everything felt right, the pain I felt after the match, not so right, but I walked through that curtain thinking yeah, that's my last High Stakes.... Probably!

The night was completely black, barring only for the moonlight shining through the trees of an unknown forest, casting shadows to the ground. A cold breeze rustled the leaf's on the trees, sending a random few to the muddy ground. Rain had fallen earlier, making the earth thicker, allowing small animals to leave their print in the earth. There was an eerie silence as J2H moved from behind a tree, his eyes darting around him as if he could sense danger. There was no look of fear on his face as the cold breeze blew his hair across his face.

SNAP

The noise turned his attention to the right after hearing the small twig break under the pressure of something much heavier. He took a second to look at the surrounding areas before making his move in the direction of the sound. He knew he was looking for something, it was like he was tracking it from a distance.

He quickly moved between the trees, moving towards the sound before stopping and looking at the ground, his eye catching sight of a broken twig. He leaned down to see a large paw print, pressed firmly through the twig and in to the mud. J2H looks at the direction of the print, noticing more in the same direction before walking as softly as he can in the same direction, alert to his surroundings as he hunts for whatever he is looking for.

A soft growl echoes from in front of him, causing his head to snap up and look in that direction and piercing blue eyes shine through the darkness towards him. He stands frozen, looking towards those pale eyes, not moving a muscle before a slight smile creeps on to his face. The piercing blue eyes seem to be projecting some kind of straight light towards J2H, but the young man doesn't flinch, but just like that, the eyes are gone and darkness replaces where the eyes once were. J2H stands straight up, but his eyes stay in the direction of where the eyes once were.

J2H: I'm not afraid.

His tone was harsh and sharp as he moved towards where the eyes were, being careful not to step on unsolid ground as he moved to where those eyes once looked at him from. He moved through the trees to find himself in an opening in front of a cave.

J2H: Don't you get it? You're so used to being the hunter, but you're not anymore, you're not the alpha, you never was.

The eyes appear in the cave once more, looking towards J2H as he steps forward confidently and looked at what stood before him. The blue eyes got closer to reveal them set in to the huge head of a white wolf, almost as white as snow, but his piercing blue eyes felt like they could cut through wood.

J2H: I'm after you wolf, you're not who you think you are anymore. Don't you get it at all? When I'm around, you'll always be second best to me, you'll always be nothing. I come and I go but when I return, it is the return of the king. You might think you run this place, but you don't.

The white wolf took a step out of the cave, his tone animal body moved more towards J2H, for the first time, the moonlight shining down on the animals gleaming coat, somehow causing it to look whiter than snow.

J2H: In your head, you know this.

This time, J2H took a step closer to the wolf before sitting down, cross legged in the clearing before the cave. He stared the wolf deep in to his blue eyes as the wolf took another step closer. J2H could almost smell the rotting animal on the wolf's breath as he looked him in the eyes, not flinching, not showing any type of fear.

J2H: I own you, I will always own you, because I am not like the rest of the people out there that avoid you. I am not like the people who will run and hide. I've watched you wolf, I've watched people come in to your pack and I've watched you lose your animal instincts. I watched each and every one of them rip away at everything, everything that made you who you was, you're gone.

J2H watched the wolf step closer, almost nose to nose with him.

J2H: If you were the old you, you would have ripped by throat out by now, but you haven't, cause you can't, you recognise the alpha around here, you know that I am better then you in every way. You don't have it in you anymore, you never have when I'm around.

This time, J2H moved his face closer to the wolf's face, pressing his nose towards the animals.

J2H: You're all growl and no bite.

J2H watched the wolf growl loudly in front of his face, drool falling from the corner of his mouth but J2H just runs his fingers on his head before standing up and looking down at the huge animal.

J2H: I'm the alpha.

J2H's eyes fire open, looking around the room his in as his man servant Simpson walks past.

Simpson: Good evening sir, it seems that you fell asleep on the sofa once more.

J2H yawns as he rubs his eyes, his vision clearing to see the outline of the huge man, Simpson.

J2H: What can I say? It's a slow night.

Simpson: Indeed sir, I hope you had pleasant dreams.

He couldn't help but smile up at Simpson as he stretched out his shoulders.

J2H: It was more like a look in to the future Simpson, in a crazy way.

Simpson: Oh?

J2H: Oh, you know, Sunday, putting down someone who thinks the world is scared of him. Destroying a man who thinks he's an alpha, but really, he's nothing special.

Simpson: Oh, is that match weighing on your mind sir?

J2H smiles as he shakes his head at his man servant.

J2H: Not at all Simpson. This is just another match, well, quietly, possibly my last match, not because of who I'm facing but it's time to leave SCW in the past. I didn't need the money when I walked in their door when I was seventeen, and I don't need their money now, so this might be my last and if it is Simpson, I'm going to give them all something they're going to remember for a long, long time.

J2H stands up and walks past Simpson as the camera fades.

J2H lays by his pool on Friday afternoon, the sun peaking through the clouds above his head. He looks up at the camera above him.

J2H: Yes, it's Friday afternoon, yes, I'm still at home and no, I don't give a shit about not being where the show is being held.

He leans back, stretching out his topless body, just long board shorts cover him up.

J2H: I've heard what you people have been saying, I've heard the accusations that I've become lazy and not sold a fucking thing. Fuck you, I'm J2H, I don't need to sell a fucking thing for you people to make this the most watched promo on the SCW site, I don't need to run around and break my back, being around a bunch of random people kissing my ass and telling me how good I am, just to get you to watch a show that you're gonna watch anyway. It's the show that J2H made famous and I'm on it so why the fuck would I leave my family to be at a show for five minutes?

He shakes his head

J2H: I wouldn't waste my time when you all know the spectacle that's going to happen on Sunday. I heard the why didn't you show up at the press conference shit too. Again, why would I? We all know how it would have gone. There would have been some back and forth, and I would have stabbed Fenris in the head with a pen, or he would have stabbed me in the head with a pen and one of us would have signed their name in the others blood. You all know how it goes. That wouldn't have made you want to see the match more, because you people wanted to see it from the second Mr Feminine grabbed my finger and said he accepted my challenge. You know it, I know it, the world knows it.

A cool, calm look passes on his face.

J2H: Fenris hasn't had to go out and do anything, I haven't had to do a thing because you people want to see me kick his head in or him kick my head in and if you say you don't, you're a fucking liar and you know it.

He nods.

J2H: There is another question I have heard a lot lately, why Fenris? Why go for a guy like Fenris who is known for putting people's lights out, a man who has more knock outs in SCW then any other wrestler in the history of SCW?

He shrugs.

J2H: Why the fuck not?

A smirk crosses his face as he reaches over and puts sunglasses on his eyes.

J2H: He hasn't knocked me out in a match, what's there to be scared of? This is why I did it Fenris, because everyone seems to run scared from you, they seem to want to hide from you, they see their name up against yours and think they're gonna get hurt. This roster is spineless, they was never gonna step up to you because they fear getting hurt, the only reason they would step up to me is because they want five minutes in the J2H sunshine where they can say they lost to a legend like me. They can sit there in my presence and tell their grand kids that they faced the best wrestler ever to have lived, but you, they feel they're gonna get hurt with your reckless shit.

J2H sits up on the sun lounger.

J2H: But I don't fear that at all, because I know you're not gonna catch me with one of those clumsy kicks, I know you're not gonna get anywhere near me with those stiff punches of yours. I'm way too fast for you. I stood up to show these spineless pieces of shit in the back, claiming to be wrestlers, that there is nothing to fear, I stepped up because I knew I could beat you and walk out of that ring better then I went in it. These people live in fear, they fear good matches because they fear getting hurt but I am going to show them all you can walk in to the wolf's lair, the wolf's den, whatever the fuck you wanna call it, and walk out as a winner.

J2H rubs his chin.

J2H: And that's something you see yourself as, isn't it Fenris, a natural born winner. From MMA to wrestling, a winner, a technically gifted athlete that could stand up and rise in any sport. Guess what? I wasn't, I wasn't that athletic type, I made myself the athletic type, I make myself in to the man I choose to live as. I did that because I sat and watched wrestling on TV, I watched wrestlers who are now my bosses and said I wanted to do that and I worked every damn day of my life to become that. I got thrown in trash cans, beat up by old guys, just to earn a little respect in a sport I wanted to be a part of, while you walked in the door from somewhere else and got the big kick to the top like some kind of hero. I never got that shit Fenris, I worked hard to go from the boy, to the man, to the myth, to the legend to the God I became. I am what a wrestler is supposed to be, and you walked in here and put fear in to people's hearts.

J2H waves his finger.

J2H: I am who I am because I worked hard to be who I am and it doesn't matter how many times you fought in cages, no matter how many people's heads you kicked off in to row D, this is wrestling, I am wrestling and I am that man who is going to out wrestle you, avoid those kicks to the head and walk out with another High Stakes win under my belt.

J2H points to where a belt would usually be.

J2H: I do this for the shit and giggles Fenris, I come back every year to face someone, give them a chance to look good, I don't care who it is, from Teddy Warren to the late great Kris Ryans, I come back to give people that chance to be in the ring with me, but they wanted to fight me, but you? When I walked down that ramp and said I was chasing you down, I saw the look on your face and it's a look rarely seen from you. It was a look of ooooooohhhhh shit. It was a look on the face of a man who knew that open challenges could backfire and fuck has this one backfired for you Fenris, this has blown up in your face. I saw a look in your eye that I've seen many times, but never seen it from you. It was the look of a man who had wondered if it was best to keep your mouth shut and just let the booking gods take care of you. It was the look of a man questioning every choice he's ever made.

J2H nods solemnly

J2H: And so you should. From thinking you can do that and take on the world, you get to face the absolute best in the world. You was thinking maybe some loser like Caleb Storms would appear to take you on as a throwback to your better days and instead, you get me. Fuck it sucks to be you, huh?

An arrogant look passes his face.

J2H: And now you have to deal with the consequences of what you threw out there in the world, now you need to deal with opening that big rubbery mouth of yours and have to deal with my foot about to fill it. You sat there as the king of striking thinking this is gonna be easy, no matter who walked through that curtain, and instead, I'm gonna hit you so fucking hard, I'm gonna make your mother wish she swallowed the night you was conceived!

He smirks wider as he know that remark is cutting close to the bone.

J2H: I'm gonna make your whole family wish that you was never born because I am gonna put you through so much pain, they'll be throwing the towel in for you. Every single person in your backwards country is gonna feel what I'm gonna do to you to the point their tears will put your piss poor country six feet deep in water because I'm not coming to play Fenris, I'm coming to go out on a bang, I'm coming to set off fireworks, I'm coming to make me look great as always, and you as the wrestling fraud you've always been. You're not scary anymore, you haven't been in a long time, you may very well be reckless and that's why people don't wanna face you, but scary? You're not a wolf, you're a fucking kitten.

A serious look crosses J2H's face.

J2H: I'm walking down to that ring with the confidence of a champion, I'm walking down to that ring knowing that I'm walking out winning, I'm walking down to that ring knowing I'm walking out with my hand held high and doing fine. I'm not going in your knock out stat, I'm not going in your tap out stat, I'm not going in your pin stat. I'm coming to beat you Fenris, I'm coming to show the world I can sit at home as long as I want and come back and still be the same guy I was when I was a world champion. More importantly, I'm coming back to remind you that there was only one great world champion around this place and it was me, it wasn't you Fenris, it was me. When you're retired, no one is gonna remember you at all, no one is gonna remember your bland story of coming to SCW, kicking a few people and going, but people will remember me for eternity. People will remember the evolution of James Huntington Hawkes III, to J2H, I am living SCW history and will be forever, but you? You'll just be another MMA guy who got too old or too shit for the cages and had to come to wrestling for an easier ride. Well Fenris, this is gonna be proof that this ain't no easy ride and I am the man I've always said I am, and that is the greatest wrestler in the history of wrestling.

The confidence flows through J2H.

J2H: This is your wake up call Fenris, don't do open challenges unless you're me cause you're never gonna know who's gonna walk in that door and give you the biggest headache of your career. I can do it cause I can beat anyone, but you, you've made a serious mistake and it will bite your squarely on that ass of yours. No fear, no surrender, nothing like that from me, the only way you beat me on Sunday at High Stakes, is if you kill me. That's not even a joke, that's not even meant to be funny, that is me being absolutely serious. The only way you win is if you kill me. I want you to think about that Fenris, I want you to think how far you will go to say you've taken down the legendary J2H. It's the only way you can possibly win.

J2H leans back in his chair.

J2H: And that's real talk bitch!

And with that, the camera fades to black.
>

Offline Fenris

• The White Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Fenris
Just another bitch
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 08:24:26 PM »

Las Vegas, Nevada -
The GO Gym

Have you ever had something on your mind, something so intensely personal that it completely flooded every fiber of your being? Even when you were in the middle of something important, that the topic just so happened to spring to mind and suddenly everything else became all but distant noise, like the whistle of a train from deep within the tunnel. Where everything else just seemed to be caught in some sort of echoing void. It would be hard to imagine such a thing happening here of all places, in one of the most respected training facilities in the entire spectrum of professional wrestling. After all, one of the reasons why those who graduated from this prestigious academy were so successful was because of diligence. They adhered to what they were taught, and one of the most vital pieces of advice to any student, even those who had already graduated, was to listen to those who had the experience factor in their favor. Veterans of the sport would never have become so were they not smart enough to survive and gain enough wisdom to pass onto the next generation should they so choose, so how then…?

“Kristjan!” Gabriel barked, startling Fenris from whatever private thoughts that had just seemingly taken him over. Gabriel had asked him for a private word between them to discuss the all-too important match up that was happening between one of his and Odette’s star pupils and one of the greatest acts in SCW history. Gabriel had met him the moment he stepped out of the men’s locker room and simply said “Walk with me.” and gave the Icelandic star no chance to question or complain - both of which he was prone to do.  And quite frequently. They simply walked around the entire perimeter of the gym, by-passing some students who were working out on the many modern pieces of  exercise equipment, or Odette was putting a handful through the initial practices inside one of the two rings they had in the very center of these walls. They had not even gotten half a lap around the gym when Gabriel had noticed a far off look in Fenris’s eyes and stopped, and surprisingly, so did Fenris rather than continue to walk on as if he hadn't noticed.

“Oy!” Gabriel called aloud, causing Fenris to blink and turn his head to face and address his mentor. Gabriel shook his head. “You haven’t heard a word that I’ve said to you, have you?”

“What?” Fenris tried to play it off as best he could, glancing casually (and a touch too obviously) around the gym before he faced Gabriel and shrugged. “Of course I have!”

“Oh yeah?” Gabriel questioned him, resting his hands on his hips. He asked, “What did I say?”

Fenris wasted no time in answering, “You need to take this match more seriously.”

Gabriel huffed, shaking his head in a faux sense of annoyance and held up a finger toward his student and he asserted, “That was just a lucky guess!”

“No.” Fenris shook his head and the teacher/student pairing resumed their walk. “That’s just what you tell me every time you take me aside for one of these little chats.” He then playfully rested a hand on Gabriel’s shoulder and smiled. “Not that I don’t treasure every moment we have together.”

Gabriel stared at the man for a brief moment before sighing, “Smart arse.” And he continued walking with the White Wolf at his side. They walked in silence until Gabriel gave him a sidelong glance and admitted, “I was right, though. You’re not taking  this match as seriously as you should.”

“One,” Fenris said as he accepted the proverbial gauntlet. “We’re talking about a spoiled rich kid who deigns to grace us with his presence once in a blue moon. And…” he stopped and turned to Gabriel, causing the proprietor of the Gym to pause as well. “I am taking this more seriously than you know.”

“Really.” Gabriel said, more of a statement than a question, to which Fenris repeated, “Really. I had Aron draw me up every major match that little pissant has been a part of. Everything from the first time he won the championship right up until his last match against Mercer and Tempest. I stream them to my TV at home in front of my treadmill and I watch while I run.”

“How long have you been at this?”

“Ever since he answered my challenge and we made it official.” Fenris’s eyes were hard as the ice that matched his cobalt blue color. He added, “I am taking no chances in this one.”

The two resumed their walk and Gabriel asked, “Then do you mind if I ask what the problem is? You keep zoning out. I can’t be that boring.”

“It’s no problem.” Fenris denied with a shake of the head. “David is back in town. He’s been gone the past few weeks and we’re meeting this evening after I get out of here. I just haven’t decided where we’re going to end up.”

“Oh come on now, Kristjan.” Gabriel teased. “Even Despy knows where you two are going to end up.” Causing Fenris to come to a halt, staring at him and Gabriel laughed, “I’m kidding! Gods!” Gabriel rested a hand on his arm and smiled with genuine warmth. He said, “I am happy for you, Kristjan. Odette and I both are. I just don’t want you to allow yourself to get too distracted and pay for it on Sunday.”

“I won’t.” Fenris answered with a steel-edged tone to his Nordic accent. He shared a look with Gabriel  and shook his head, “I won’t give that prick the satisfaction of beating me. Ben Jordan I was proud to lose to. Jack Washington? I can even handle losing to that punk! But J2H?” He shook his head. “Fuck that!”

“You have something against him?” Gabriel questioned.

And Fenris was only too happy to grace Gabriel with an answer, “My problem is that I am sick and tired of J2H this, and J2H that! He acts as if he is the greatest thing to happen to wrestling since ring ropes! Krustur! Santa Clause comes around more often than he does! And every time he decides to grace us with his presence, he acts as if it is the highlight of the entire evening! Like he and he alone is the reason for high ratings!”

Gabriel shrugged, “Well you can’t deny the fact the fans love him, no matter how he might act. Ratings do, in fact, go up when he comes back for a match.”

“Yes, well…” Fenris frowned. “Ratings always go up when a  novelty act appears.”

“Novelty act?” Gabriel’s eyebrows rose almost to the hairline for how Fenris reduced the reputation of J2H to being parallel with that of a freak show. “Kristjan, you may not like the man, but you can’t deny his success rate. He’s one of the biggest ‘Cinderella stories’ in all of wrestling!”

“He lost his debut to a teddy bear!” Fenris pointed out with just a touch too much heat behind his words.”

“And you just proved my point, Kristjan.” Gabriel stressed. “He spent so much time being the butt of everyone’s jokes here in SCW. He was a jobber. Ninety-nine percent of the roster saw him as nothing more than a waste of a roster space. A joke. So much so he finally got tired of being the butt of everyone’s jokes and decided to do something about it.”

Fenris quipped, “Is this the part where he went to Georgia and got trained in a barn by a god damn hillbilly?”

Which brought Gabriel to a full on stop. Fenris turned and looked at the expression on his face and felt like a child in grade school that was about to get scolded by his favorite teacher.

“A little respect for that hillbilly, hm?” Gabriel chided him with a reprimanding tone. “Austin Parker may not be the likable sort but he’s one of the most gifted technicians this sport has ever seen. The only other person he ever agreed to train was Bo Dreamwolf. I think James made the smartest decision of his life when he campaigned to get Austin to agree to train him. And it obviously worked wonders! Look at the names J has beaten in his time. He’s the only man who had ever pinned Despy in back to back title matches!”

The intercom on the nearby pillar crackled to life and Despayre’s voice, emanating from the lobby, spoke up, “I heard that!” Causing both men to turn and stare briefly at the box before it switched off. Gabriel shook his head with a bemused look at his Despy's antics.

“I just can't stand him!” Fenris declared, hands on hips and shaking his head. Almost fuming toward himself. “Arrogant prick. Struts around like his shit doesn't stink!”

“Wow…” Gabriel stared at him with a wisp of a smile remaining on his face, this time for his student standing across from him. “Who does that remind me of?”

Fenris turned away but then did a double take and frowned deeply. He raised a forefinger and declared, “I am NOTHING like that man!”

Gabriel chuckled, taking a step back with both hands raised in a teasing act of surrender.

“Easy, tiger! I’m just busting your chops!” Gabriel chuckled. “All I'm saying is you two have a great deal in common. And I don’t want you fooling yourself into thinking this match is going to be easy.”

Fenris said, “I already told you, I am not thinning that!”

“Good enough for me.” Gabriel smiled, giving him a confident pat on the upper arm before nudging him toward the locker room. “Now go on. Go get showered and changed so you can go charm the pants off of your man.”

To which Fenris did as tasked and gave his teacher a wink before heading toward the dressing room, saying behind him, “I could get that accomplished by sneezing.” Now it was Gabriel’s turn to do a double take before he just chuckled to himself and shook his head at the confidence level Fenris displayed in every aspect of his life, professionally as well as socially.

And just as the locker room door closed with a soft click, Gabriel’s eyes opened and he sighed, “Shit! We forgot to work out!”

Las Vegas, Nevada -
Turnberry Towers

It was finally later into the evening when night had fallen over the “City of Sin” and the stars were hidden in the clear night sky thanks much in part to the lights of the world-famous Las Vegas Strip. And here in the Turnberry Towers where the Baltasarsson brothers called home, there was already a small gathering as Aron had returned from an evening out with Zoey for a drink and was joined by the brothers’ overnight guests, “the Cockney King” Ben Jordan and Miles Kasey. The trio were busying themselves watching “Halloween Ends” on the 64 inch television against the far wall - all the better to celebrate the coming Halloween holiday. The lights were dimmed down low for mood effect. Aron leaned back across the sofa with remote in hand, while Miles leaned back on a plush, cream colored chair and Ben being Ben, made use of Fenris’s own personal chair and reclined quite comfortably. And timing really is everything because just as a very horrific and tense moment was about to occur - the door to the condo swung open with a hard clatter, startling all three present!

“Jesus!”

“Bloody hell!”

“God DAMN it, K!”

Yes indeed, as the door stood open and in walked an obviously inebriated Fenris and his boyfriend, the equally drunk David Shepherd. Aron picked himself up from the floor where he had all but fallen off of Zoey’s lap and grabbed the remote, putting the film on pause. All eyes turned to the drunken pair quite casually as Aron tossed the remote onto the coffee table where Miles leaned over and took it in hand.

“It’s about damn time you got back!” Aron stated with an accusatory tone. “I thought you two were going to meet us all back here for the movie!”

“Sorry Mom!” Fenris shot back, and his angry tone would have perhaps carried a touch more weight were it not followed by a hiccup and a growl of “God damn it!” between clenched teeth. “We were busy!”

“Doing what?” Aron asked innocently enough, to which Ben laughed, “Getting busy!”

“No, no. We were…” Fenris started to answer his brother before turning on Ben. “No! Fuck!”

“That’s what I said!” Ben said back in a louder tone, yet still maintaining his jovial mood and Aron and Miles both had a fit of laughter as David removed his coat and hung it up before taking a seat on the armrest of the sofa while Fenris walked past him and all but pushed Aron aside to make room and he fell back onto the [lush cushions with a sigh of relief.

“If you MUST know…” Fenris said with his head tilted back all the way against the back of the sofa with his bloodshot eyes closed to keep what light there was in the room shaded from his senses. “We were walking on the Strip and decided to see a coupe of those tourist traps.”

“The Wax Museum?” Miles asked, to which Fenris scoffed, “Fuck, no! We went to that Mob Museum. David’s never been.”

David then took a seat as it collapsed down beside Fenris, almost landing in his lap and wrapped an arm around the back of his neck. David then shared, “Then we hit one of those fake churches they have strewn everywhere.”

And you could practically hear the screeching halt of the needle on a record as all sound ceased, and the heads of Aron, Ben and Miles turned as one to look at each other, and then at Fenris and David.

“Sorry?” Aron finally found his voice, though it was rich with disbelief. “‘Fake churches’? You mean those wedding chapels with Elvis impersonators?”

David clucked his tongue and shot a ‘bang bang’ salute toward Aron as Fenris groaned, “That was the biggest joke! A fat, fake Elvis conducting fake wedding ceremonies!”

“And you…” Miles leaned on the armrest of the chair, a growing smile on his face at what he was hearing. “You two took part in one of these ‘fake ceremonies’?”

Fenris shrugged, his eyes remaining closed and head remaining where it was. He mumbled, “It killed a few minutes while we waited for our dinner reservation next door.”

Ben cleared his throat and sat upright, “You two didn’t… you didn’t happen to sign anything, did you?”

“Yeah, they really went all out!” David laughed. “They really went all out for that lame experience.” He pulled a folded sheet of paper from his pants pocket and handed it over to Ben who unfolded it and had a look, Miles and Aron hovering over his shoulders from behind so they too could read.

Again, all three looked at each other.

“So…” Miles said. “Who’s going to tell them?”

“Not it.” Ben said calmly, almost immediately. He and Miles then looked jointly to Aron and Ben added, “He’s your brother.”

Aron hung his head and exhaled sharply. This… was not going to go over well. He turned around and walked around Ben’s - er, his brother’s chair, and stood before Fenris and David. Fenris had brought his head up and looked up at his baby brother through bleary eyes.

“Tell us what?” Fenris asked, to which Aron flopped his arms helplessly at his side and opened his mouth…

From out in the hall…

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THAT WAS A REAL WEDDING CHURCH!?!?!?!?!”

“J2H.”

The opening shot is a clear panning take on the Michelob Ultra Arena as a virtual army of SCW personnel are working overtime to ensure that everything is being set up both correctly and on time for this weekend’s biggest event of 2022 - High Stakes XII. The ring was in the midst of being set up as the steel framework was open for all eyes to see. The stage was being erected and the lighting set up on every corner of the arena. Bodies went to and fro as several lifts driven by employees backed up along the arena with stacks of steel folding chairs on pallets for arena employees to remove and set up surrounding the ringside area.

And there, high up in the stands and watching the entire process unfold, was none other than the ‘White Wolf’ himself, aka Fenris. While his eyes remained fixated on a fresh, new world being scaled around him, his words were for the camera, yet directed at one person only.

“The man, the myth, the self-induced legend. Two-time World Heavyweight Champion and the longest reign of any champion in Sin City Wrestling history. Two-time Roulette Champion. World Tag Team Champion. Internet Champion. 2016 and 2017 Wrestler and Man of the Year. 2017 Couple of the Year with Melody. 2013 Tag Team of the Year. 2016 Most Hated. 2016 and 2017 Match of the Year with Despayre and Drake Green respectively. 2017 feud of the Year against Dmitri. And of course, proud inductee into the SCW Hall of Fame Class of 2019.”

Fenris clapped his hands together, rubbed his palms briskly and then held his arms outward, turning his head to the right with a questioning expression on his face.

“Is that it, James? Did I forget anything? Because, you know. I wouldn’t want to miss anything and risk offending you. We wouldn’t want you to feel the need to correct me and sing your own praises on-camera because we all know how humble you are and just how much you hate to brag about yourself. To have this opportunity to step foot inside of the ring at the biggest event of the calendar year against one of the biggest Superstars in SCW history is… oh what’s the word that I am looking for?”

He looked thoughtful for a brief moment before looking into the camera.

“Disappointed, I guess is what I’m trying to say. I mean, I admit that when I went out there and was venting about how nobody in SCW had the stones to answer my open challenge, I never imagined for a moment that suddenly your music would kick up and out you’d walk. But then again, from what I’ve seen, you were never the sort who enjoyed sharing the spotlight with anyone. You are the picture perfect example of the annoying Millennial that every adult over thirty seems to bitch about; entitled to the point of expecting the world to be handed to you on a whim with a dreaded case of the ‘me, me, me’s”. So of COURSE you would walk out and interrupt the best thing that has happened to SCW since you tucked your tail the first time around and scuttled off back to Beverly Hills or wherever the hell it is that you call home these days! I thought for certain that you would walk out, talk some shit and maybe we might even come to blows…”

He held up a hand and smiled with eyes closed.

“Excuse me. That implies that you would be able to get a shot in against me. Let me be more to the point. I never expected for a single moment that you would have the BALLS to actually accept my open challenge yourself. One could be forgiven in doing so that you finally became a man. Now I understand that your past successes have blinded a lot of people and you yourself have them snowballed, but man…! I stood back and watched. I actually paid close enough attention to see what everyone else either ignored willfully or were just ignorantly blind to. And that is the fact that ever since you pretty much hung up your boots as a full-time competitor, you pick and choose random wrestlers to compete against at various Supercard events, but it is almost always against someone that nobody ever really expects you to lose to.”

He paused, and then nodded.

“I mean, with the exception of Kris Ryans, you did a REMARKABLE job at orchestrating these matches so people could be forgiven in mistaking them for actually meaning something other than your sad, desperate attempt to keep your name relevant in the archives of this business. Let’s look at just who you’ve been up against in recent years, shall we?”

Fenris reached over and picked up a small stack of color 8x10s of various Superstars of the past. As he counted off each name, he gave a casual toss of the photo back over his shoulder.

“Kris Ryans. Austin James Mercer. Those two I could look past because I’ve been in the ring against them and know damn well what each one is - was - capable of. You teamed with Mac bane and well, we know who carried that match. Teddy…”

He snorted back a laugh.

“Teddy Warren? JT Midas!? - Fuck’s sake! Did anyone really expect you to NOT walk away the winner against Warren and Midas? You really lucked out when you agreed to face Teddy and he ended up winning the Internet title by some fluke. Instant title for you! A championship you weren’t even man enough to stay around and defend! That was why when you agreed to team with Crystal against Mercer and Tempest, I rolled my eyes and thought to myself - ‘he just lucked out into another title match he didn’t earn!’ But when your team lost… I laughed long and I laughed loud, wishing I could be a fly on the wall inside of your over inflated head! And here and now – there’s me. You came out and accepted my open challenge, which leads me to think you see me in one of two ways. You either see me as a man that can actually give you the fight of your life, or you see me as just another promotional tool to orchestrate your success rate against. After all, the only match that you lost in all of this time was when you teamed with Crystal against Tempest and Mercer and …”

He sighed.

“Well even I can’t deny the fact that you carried your team and crystal was the reason why you didn’t add yet another belt around that girly waist of yours. But see, here’s the thing; if you see me as the man who is going to bring the fight to you and beat you so bad your own family won’t recognize you, well then you’d be right. If you think I’m going to just roll over, show belly and be one of your self-promotional easy wins…”

A smile slowly spread on the face of the ‘White Wolf’ and he chuckled rather fiendishly.

“Well then you are going to be so fucked up when you learn otherwise and realize just how pig a pile of shit you just stepped in! Now, I see no difference between friend and enemy when I set foot inside of the ring. Take Ben Jordan for example. Probably my best friend in this business and he and I beat the absolute shit out of one another! And I treated him really no different than I did Austin James Mercer who I loathe. Respect…!”

He quickly held up a finger and corrected himself.

“But loathe. Friend or rival, I will treat you the same as anyone else, but give me a reason to hate you… much like Mercer did, and that is when the White Wolf bares his teeth and goes for the jugular. Go back and study your tapes. Look at what I did to Mercer when he attacked my brother! And you… you just could not help yourself. You ran your mouth and made the exact same mistake that Austin did. You brought my family into this. You talked shit about Aron on the mc and on social media and in doing so, you made this personal. And really if I weren’t such a nice guy, I could have easily returned the favor because bitch… whether you can admit it or not, your family is far from perfect and the ammo I could have used would have lasted for DAYS! But I am not going to do that. I don’t need to do that.”

He pointed at the camera.

“You do. You need to try and throw me off of my game plan because maybe, just maybe, you finally realized what you were in for AFTER you accepted my open challenge. Just as some dumb ass pulls a pin from out of a live grenade and only too late realizes what he just did to fuck himself over! And that - THAT - is why I am so disappointed in you, James. Not because you talked shit. That I would expect. Not even (entirely) over the fact that you brought Aron into this. You know I could even look past the fact that you took a cheap shot and kicked me in the balls and used my own move against me - and why?”

He shrugged with his hands palms up.

“Gods know you would need some kind of advantage over me or else you don’t stand a chance in hell in this match! No, what I find so unforgivable and disappointing? That happened the following week. I had you, James. I came THIS close…”

He pinched a thumb and forefinger closely together but not touching.

“... To breaking your arm, but I thought it would be more fun not to stand back and watch you sweat it out. Well, I mean right before I returned fire and laid your sorry ass out with your own move. Eye for an eye, eh James? And that’s where it all went ass up. I half expected you to go right to social media afterwards and throw a royal bitch fit - befitting a royal bitch! But you didn’t.”

He frowned, cocking his head slightly to the side like a confused puppy.

“You did zero. Zilch. Nada. prototypical schoolyard bully mentality. The moment someone fights back and shows you up, the high and mighty J2H tucked his tail between his micro-sized balls and went radio silent because someone showed him up!”

He shook his head in mock dismay and sighed gently.

“Which really concerns me because if that was enough to get you to hide away for two weeks, I can’t imagine how badly you’re going to react when I finally get my hands on you in an OFFICIAL capacity and break that girly body of yours apart, bit by bit. You have been up against a lot of capable athletes in your prime James, but that was five years ago, and you have never been up against a man like me before! I don’t play nice. I don’t just focus on one body part and work it until it’s useless. I twist and snap the entire body from the bottom up until a newborn baby has a better shot at defending itself than you will. Broken fingers. Dislocated knee. It’s all the same to me. I am going to break you apart, stuff you in a gift wrapped package and give you to your wife and son to put together like a puzzle come Christmas!”

Fenris slowly stood up and turned to face the camera.

“Despite everything, I am genuinely looking forward to our match, James. Really! You are, without a doubt, the biggest name that I have ever set foot inside of the ring against. I won’t say you’re going to make this easy, but I can promise you that I am going to make you work harder than ever before! I am going to show the world that the White Wolf is the leader of the pack! And you…?”

He chuckled.

“You’re just another bitch.”

Fenris walked down the steps and off camera, and the scene faded to black.
>
"Where wolf's ears are, wolf's teeth are near."
~ Volsunga Saga, c.19

World Heavyweight Champion - 1x - current
9-0-1
</color>
;