Author Topic: ARIANA ANGELOS (c) v SELEANA ZDUNICH - ROULETTE TITLE  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
ARIANA ANGELOS (c) v SELEANA ZDUNICH - ROULETTE TITLE
« on: October 17, 2022, 07:21:32 AM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Online Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“A Twist of Fate!”
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 10:44:54 AM »
(Gabriel was used with permission from Mark)

Despite the Go Sisters’ best efforts, Team Hero got to end their run having not suffered a defeat in years though the match itself proved to be a strong contender for the 2023 Match of the Year! For Ari though, this was one match the Greek American Bombshell didn’t mind losing as she was happy to just share a ring with her heroes before Keira called it a career especially since Keira was one of the five names entering this year’s Hall of Fame class alongside Jessie Salco, Alex Jones, Erick Staggs, and Griffin Hawkins.

But that was far from the only thing going on with Jessie as, to the shock of literally anyone who had followed Jessie’s SCW career, the veteran Bombshell and newly minted Hall of Famer had opted to put off her title match against Ari to instead focus on settling her beef with Melissa once and for all! This left Ariana without a challenger for High Stakes XII and the bosses weren’t about to let one of their champions miss out on the biggest show of the year, their solution? Ariana’s new defence was a rematch against Seleana Zdunich! Seleana had picked up the win over Bea Barnhart in last week’s opener and left scrambling to find a new challenger at the last minute, Christian had chosen his old nemesis! Can Ariana repeat history and be the first Bombshell since Krystal to retain the title on the third defence? Or will Seleana finally win the gold again!

Ariana’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 17th of October 2022, 11:00am

Last night’s Climax Control was certainly an event.

Heading into it, I was treating it like any other Go Home Show even with the fact that it was the Go Home Show for the last and biggest PPV of the calendar year! That meant getting in some last-minute hype segs for our planned matches, hoping to win and gain some momentum heading into the PPV and (exclusively to High Stakes) see who was going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.

The fact that my #1 Contender was among the men and women named as this year’s Hall of Fame Class (also including Alex Jokes, Keira Fisher-Johnson and yes the Team Hero fangirl in me had a fangasm when I realized that both members of Team Hero were finally in the Hall of Fame, Erick Staggs and Griffin Hawkins) wasn’t the biggest surprise of the night, as happy as I was for Jessie and the other inductees, the biggest surprise was that Jessie was willing to wait until the Climax Control after High Stakes XII to challenge me for the title and focus on settling her beef with Melissa first.

Trust me, I was just as shocked as you were! Admittedly I hadn’t paid much attention to the show aside from looking up recipes for my YouTube show and warming up for the Main Event so I wouldn’t find out who my new challenger was until I got the new card text on the way back to the hotel even though Christian had made it official before Jessie told me! Who was the new challenger you ask? Name a Bombshell who won last night and didn’t already have a match announced for High Stakes XII.

If you said Seleana then you got it! Seleana had got the win over Bea Barnhart in the opening match and whilst you could argue that that was a weaker justification than beating Char at Violent Conduct VIII, I couldn’t complain! Me and Seleana had put on a great match the first time around in spite of being handicapped by a stipulation that forced us out of our comfort zones but this timed? High Stakes XII was taking place the day before my 22nd birthday which falls on Halloween, make all the jokes you want about my recipes, that was just a coincidence! But it did mean that the bosses were probably bringing out the Halloween stips for this year’s show!

Combine all that with the fact that my bestie wrestled his Roulette Title Match with a broken finger AND kept it hidden until tapping out to a Hammerlock (I wish I was kidding) and yeah, last night’s show was truly a mixed bag and thanks to his broken finger Carter had been pulled from High Stakes XII’s planned intergenerational match between him and Chris Page, Goth was taking his place after everything that went down between them in the men’s #1 Contender’s Match that also lead to Mercer vs. Raven? I’m surprised Goth vs. Page wasn’t their first choice but that was the farthest thing from my mind.

ESPECIALLY NOW!

”JENNY TUCK WANTS TO BUY OUT THE GO GYM!” I exclaimed loudly managing to not only make my boyfriend Francisco jump out of his skin and nearly spit out his drink when it set in, my kitten Athena wasn’t so lucky, the kitty had been laying on my lap asleep when I saw the comment thread between Keira, Jessie and Krystal and she got so spooked by my exclamation that she leapt from my lap and darted across the room, either that or she has the zoomies. ”And she thinks Carter’s a Bombshell? What the heck?!”

”This is the same Keira you wrestled last night right? She had to have seen Carter’s ill-fated title match against Miles, right?” Francisco asked once it set in and I shook my head, I knew my bestie better than anyone on the roster, I knew he had a rather feminine appearance (heck I was he was trans when we first met in the Go Gym) but anyone who heard Carter’s voice couldn’t mistake him for a flat chested woman, right? ”Wait, are these comments coming from Keira or this Jenny Tuck?”

”I’m not sure but they might be coming from Tuck herself, I know Jenny wrestled for SCW a few years ago before retiring but aside from giving Krystal and Cass a bunch of money in the fallout of the Matthew Kennedy fiasco? I don’t know that much about her! I can’t even remember any notable matches of hers and I had an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things SCW back then!” I admitted as I shook my head before I saw a notification from my banking app that nearly made me fall of my chair. ”Okay, this has got to be a mistake!”

”What’s a mistake?” Francisco asked with a curious look on his face before he walked over to see what I was looking at after I switched to my banking app, I’m not giving you exact numbers, but my bank balance had just skyrocketed thanks to a donation from Jenny. ”What the actual hell?!”

”I know right? Who gives away money like that to people they barely know? Never mind huge sums like this?!” I exclaimed as it set on me, I remembered Krystal and Cassie getting a similar payment around the time of Krystal’s wedding to Makayla in March but I thought that was part of the buyout of the PTA Gym, I didn’t realize that Jenny was basically a walking, talking piggy bank! ”What do we do with this much money aside from pay off a few bills? I could basically retire and live off this money! I don’t want too but I could!”

”I don’t know, but maybe training for your match with Seleana will clear your mind?” Francisco offered and he might have been on to something so I went down to the Go Gym to train for most of the day.

This was going to be an interesting time for sure.

Go Gym, Las Vegas Nevada
Tuesday the 18th of October 2022, 14:00pm

Remember how (relatively) normal the final build up for Violent Conduct VIII was? I realize that High Stakes is the biggest show of the year and all but, well, this year has been a crazy one in general, let’s be honest!

But considering that the final build for this year’s High Stakes started with a rich former wrestler turned millionaire stockbroker trying to buy the Go Gym (key word being trying), thinking that the gym was run by me, Carter and Krystal and that Carter was a woman? Yeah, it’s almost enough to make me dread the final few Climax Controls of the year! But I still had a job to do, both at High Stakes and the first Climax Control after High Stakes XII, both situations are why I’m here at the Go Gym for a chat with Gabriel.

”I have to say Ariana, I thought I had seen it all in this business.” Gabriel greeted me as I entered his office and I sat down in the chair in front of his desk, once I adjusted the Bombshell Roulette Championship that was hanging over my shoulder Gabriel continued. ”But then someone tried to buy the Go Gym from three of my students whilst being under the impression that the sole male member of the trio was a woman, I trust you know that even if the gym was for sale you would’ve had no right to authorize such a sale, correct?”

”Look, of the graduates who are still based in Vegas? Me and Carter were the last ones to find out about that whole mess, and by the time we did find out Krystal had talked her down to just giving us a bunch of money.” I admitted as I brushed some hair over my shoulder and Gabriel nodded as he got the idea. ”Carter’s already donated the money he got from her to Ben and Jamie’s charity for homeless LGTBQ youths and Krystal and Cassie put a portion of their money into the trust funds for Rachel and herself respectively, but I’m still unsure about what I’m going to do with the money as is Jessie, I did debate using it to better my YouTube show but that’s a lot of money to spend on a Cooking Channel.”

”You could use the money to buy expensive kitchen equipment that you wouldn’t have been able to afford otherwise such as an ice cream machine or a smoker or even travel the world and experience different cuisines.” Gabriel pointed out and I had to admit, his suggestions were a good idea, I had been meaning to buy an ice cream machine for a while anyway, both for my personal use and the cooking channel. ”I can’t speak for Jessie, as happy as I am for her joining the Hall of Fame off course, but have you heard from the two graduates who live outside of Las Vegas?”

”Chelsea and Adrienne? Not really.” I responded as I shook my head. ”Haven’t spoken to Chelsea since she was in Vegas for her fiancé’s graduation from Hero Academy, I think she’s busy organizing her wedding, recording her band’s new album and organizing her “film projects” and that’s when she isn’t trying to get her EWC career off the ground, Adrienne seems to have found her footing since her SCW career flopped but I don’t know if she’s up to date with the Go Gym’s happenings, even before she moved to New York with Katie and Caleb she had stopped coming here following her release from SCW.”

”Might be best if we keep them in the dark then, Chelsea’s hobbies are unusual to say the least but she is an intelligent young woman and one of the best young talents in wrestling today, Adrienne’s mental health took a battering during her time in SCW but I am glad to hear that she is doing well in CULT.” Gabriel nodded in response before he motioned to my title. ”But you have your own concerns, Seleana has replaced Jessie as your challenger for High Stakes XII and no matter who wins the match, Jessie will be waiting for them at the next Climax Control, never thought I’d see that woman put off a title match but her beef with Melissa has turned rather violent.”

”In a way? I can see where Jessie was coming from.” I admitted as I shifted my weight. ”If I got added to the Chamber of Extreme Match and I retained by pinning either Melissa or Jessie then their issues would remain unresolved and Jessie would’ve had to stretch out the rivalry into the New Year, and if I lost the title in the Chamber then the match would’ve been remembered more as just another title match on PPV rather than a match that’s been months in the making.”

”And even then, there’s no guarantee that the feud would’ve been resolved, all it would take is for you to be pinned by either Melissa or Jessie for the third party in the match to say that they weren’t pinned and suddenly, the feud that was never about titles becomes a title feud.” Gabriel nodded in agreement and he was right, my addition to the match would’ve had the potential to muddy the waters ten ways from Sunday. ”But that’s left you with your rematch against Seleana, you were able to adapt your style to the submission match and win your first encounter but as the event is taking place one day before Halloween, I suspect that the bosses will make up for the lack of a Halloween show by using the Halloween stips for the matches.”

”Not to mention this rematch is happening the day before I turn twenty-two, Seleana’s a hell of a wrestler and she gave Krystal her toughest challenge before the first match against Keira, but depending on the stip we get? We may as well throw the rulebook out the window.” I admitted with a nod as I leaned back in my chair. ”I can’t even chastise Christian for using a win over Bea Barnhart as an excuse to give Seleana another shot at me, unlike the situation with Char Kwan I can at least understand that Seleana was a last-minute decision.”

”Take into account the fact that Seleana has been persistent in her title hunt for two years and who knows? It might by Jessie vs. Seleana in a few weeks’ time if you’re not careful.” Gabriel pointed out as I stood up to head back out and train. ”Ariana, I know this is your first High Stakes as a member of the Bombshell Roster but myself and Odette trained you for days such as this, you know what you need to do to retain that title.”

”Yeah, just follow Charlotte’s in ring example and ignore everything that happened to her outside the ring.” I responded with a grin getting a chuckle out of Gabriel. ”One last thing, any idea when Carter’s suspension will be up? Or when he broke his finger for that matter?”

”If Carter had broken his finger when he was last at the Go Gym, I suspect I would’ve noticed when I was breaking up the commotion between Despayre and Lazarus, as for the suspension? It’s indefinite, as Krystal said, Carter had plenty of opportunities to tell Lazarus that the only ones allowed in the gym are former students, current students and potential students, and the last group has to call ahead of time to arrange everything.” Gabriel explained and I nodded with a sad sigh as it sunk in. ”I gave you leeway when your parents burst in during a training session because you had tried to keep your enrolment a secret from them, if only they knew the fine young woman their rebellious daughter would grow up to be.”

”I appreciate the complement but I don’t appreciate being reminded of that day, there are still nights where I wish I could’ve followed me wrestling dreams while keeping them as part of my life.” I sighed as I thought back to that fateful day before shaking my head. ”Last I heard from them was when they moved back to Pittsburgh after I chose my dreams over my family, they didn’t even reach out to me when Char Kwan attacked me during last year’s High Stakes build up and that attack took place in Pennsylvania!”

”Ariana, I understand that this is difficult for you, but if an attack as brutal as that didn’t get them to try to re-enter your life, then perhaps it is time you accepted that any relationship you had with your parents is dead and buried.” Gabriel commented with a sigh and I glanced over to the side whilst rubbing my arm uncomfortably. ”You know you have a support group that is always willing to lend you an ear here at the Go Gym, but if you and Francisco do produce a child of your own then I advise that you tell them that they can’t see their grandchild.”

”It’s so much easier to say that than actually do it though.” I sighed as I glanced at my trainer and mentor figure. ”I hate them for the emotional abuse they put me through after I discovered wrestling, but they are still my parents and I’m not sure if I can tell them something like that, assuming they’ll even give me a chance too off course!”

”If they do, then you know what to do.” Gabriel responded and after thinking about it for a minute, I left without another word.

Was it really that easy? Just deny my parents all contact with their potential grandchildren? I’m about to turn twenty-two, it’s not like I don’t have the rest of my life ahead of me, who knows? Maybe I can make peace with them later in life?

If not, then my parents just cost themselves an intelligent and hard-working daughter, just because she pursued a dream that they didn’t approve off! And considering that I’m their only child? What does that say about them? Being willing to cut their daughter off completely because she pursued wrestling as a career.

Should the unthinkable happen? All I can really say is good riddance!

I would spend the rest of my day at the Go Gym trying to concentrate on my training and setting aside everything to do with Carter or my parents, Seleana was one of the nicest women on the Bombshell roster but as a former champion herself, she wasn’t going to take pity on me because I’m entering a title match with a lot on my mind!

Especially not on a stage as big as High Stakes!

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 18th of October 2022, 19:30pm

I needed to unwind after my meeting with Gabriel and everything that happened yesterday, as luck would have it? Krystal was in the same boat, so she invited me and Francisco over to her house for a night of gaming and food.

And since the food was being made by Makayla? I couldn’t really say no.

”Seriously Cassie? I totally had that last lap!” I protested to Krystal’s younger cousin as we played Mario Kart 8 on the Switch, it was the final lap and Cassie had not only just used a blue shell to steal the lead from me but was cackling like a madwoman all the way. ”Are you going to act like this after your next match for the other SCW?” I asked the teenager who quickly shook her head.

”Nah! For one thing I knew who you were beforehand!” Cassie asserted before she won the race, as for me? That blue shell had put me so far behind Cass that I couldn’t recover to even finish third and I was trying to save face by at least finishing fourth. ”Besides, I’ve trained enough for that match with the other students at Hero Academy!”

”I heard about that from Keira now you mention it.” Krystal chimed in as she watched us play the racing game and I tried to pay attention to the older Australian woman whilst concentrating on the race. ”She said that you had a three-way with Zoey and Mei?” Krystal added before she took a sip from her drink.

”I don’t know what she’s talking about, I’ve only kissed Zoey once or twice since I met her and watched her kiss Becky as well but we’ve yet to……….you were talking about a three-way match, weren’t you?” Cassie realized that she had spoken too much but it was too late for her to backtrack. ”Err, anyway how was your day……..”

”HOLD IT!” Makayla’s voice rang out from the kitchen and before we knew it Krystal’s wife had stopped preparing her food and come into the living room. ”What exactly is going on with you, Becky, and this Zoey girl?! And don’t say nothing because that didn’t sound like nothing!”

”Zoey was my main source of info regarding the incident with Taylor Parker last week.” Cassie stated as I managed to finish the race in a respectable but not ideal sixth place, as for the incident Cassie was talking about? I only knew bits and pieces thanks to Keira calling Gabriel and Odette to warn them about Taylor after she was expelled. ”When we met up for training last week I ended up having a three-way match with her and a Chinese student called Mei, once the day was over I admitted that I was dating another woman and wasn’t sure if I was bi or a lesbian so…….”

”Cass, I like you, but I have food in the oven.” Makayla interrupted Cass and she quickly nodded in understanding. ”Can you please get to the point before Charlotte has to order takeout because I left the food in the oven too long?”

”Right, sorry! Long story short, Zoey’s in the closet as well and she’s had a crush on me since we met, which she announced by kissing me.” Cassie explained and Krystal nearly spat out her drink in response. ”Said kiss got interrupted by Becky but rather than yell at us like I thought she would, she said that she was okay with having an open relationship.”

”Are you sure you didn’t daydream this after watching one too many pornos?” Makayla asked as she pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance and Cassie shook her head. ”Look, if you, Zoey and Becky are okay with this and consenting, more power to you, but sooner or later this will end in heartbreak for one of the three and I get the feeling that the results are going to be so messy that it’s going to make Carter’s situation look like a minor dispute between an otherwise happy couple!”

”Can we please not use Carter as an example like that? After he was told that he was off the High Stakes XII card due to his broken finger I’ve been worrying that he’s going to end up being a statistic!” I interjected with an annoyed look on my face and Makayla quickly backed off when she realized that she was out of line. ”Aside from that, Zoey will have our support when she’s ready to come out of the closet, right guys?”

”Absolutely, and the same goes with you Cass.” Krystal responded and Cassie grinned in response. ”But just be careful about entering a relationship like this Cass, Becky’s a lovely girl and I remember getting on well with Zoey when me, Ari and Jessie looked Hero Academy for Team Hero after Roxi’s match against Masque……” Krystal trailed off as she realized that she wasn’t sure who she was talking about. ”Zoey’s the biracial girl who started at Hero Academy after the India tour, right? Long black hair, half white, half black?”

”That’s the one, she told me that her mom was born in America whilst her dad is originally from Ghana.” Cassie nodded in response and I had to admit, I was starting to remember the student she was talking about and even as a straight woman, I had to admit that Zoey was a good-looking girl. ”And yeah, we’ll be careful! And if we ever have a threesome we’ll make sure to use a big enough bed!”

”Well, that was certainly an interesting topic to come back in too.” Francisco commented with a bemused look on his face, my boyfriend had been out in the garden playing with Garrus and Tali whilst we were gaming and had chosen that exact moment to come back into the house. ”By the way Krystal, are you certain that Garrus and Tali have been fixed?” Francisco asked as the two dogs returned to the house with their tails wagging.

”We never got around to neutering Garrus and Tali is a rescue so she should be spayed.” Krystal responded as she shook her head and Francisco just gave her a confused look. ”Why?”

”Had to interrupt the two doggos from, well, guess, a couple of times and whilst out in the backyard, and I’m pretty sure Tali’s in heat.” Francisco explained and all colour drained from Krystal’s face before she raced out of the room to check the status of the back garden, when she returned the Aussie was clearly debating just how she was going to word this.

”Guys, I have an impromptu doggo biology lesson for you, turns out female dogs get periods too!” Krystal commented after taking a deep breath and we all shared a look. ”And I know this because Tali left a………mess in the back garden, any volunteers to help clean it up before I send my daughter out there to play?”

”I’ll go, it was my boyfriend that discovered it.” I volunteered and Francisco followed me out to clean up after.

Note to self, get Athena spayed as soon as possible!

Abandoned warehouse, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 19th of October 2022, 11:00am

*promo time*

Not what I expected.

”Well, this is certainly a twist of fate, isn’t it?” I asked plainly as I stepped into view with the Roulette Title over my shoulder. ”Here I was, ready to face Jessie in my third defence after beating Melissa to retain the title in that Falls Count Anywhere Match, I even risked life and limb to show Jessie that any lengths that she was willing to go to so she could earn a shot at my title, I was willing and able to match! But as it turns out, Jessie wants to settle her rivalry with Melissa before she even thinks about setting her eyes on any titles and that left me without a challenger.” I added before flipping some hair over my shoulder. ”For about five minutes because if there’s one thing the bosses won’t do, it’s let a champion miss a PPV, especially High Stakes and as a result, I’ve gone from a new opponent to a rematch with Seleana!”

This will be good.

”Seleana when we first faced off for my title, it was the first defence of my reign and a lot of questions were hanging in the air, namely: will Ari get over the first hurdle? Will Seleana win gold for the first time in two years? The fact that I’m still champion shows that I was able to soar higher rather than be shot down in flames!” I added as I held my title up with a big grin on my face. ”And as I said on Climax Control, I’ve gotten past defence #2 as well but our first match comes with a little caveat doesn’t it Seleana? We were forced out of our comfort zones by the Roulette Wheel, all because it landed on a Submission Match! We adapted off course but how will we do when the wheel lands on something that plays to our strengths?”

Good question.

”That, off course, is a big maybe, we both know that the wheel is as unpredictable as it is unforgiving, as a former Roulette Champion and someone who has challenged for the Roulette Title several times Seleana you should know that all too well.” I added as I looked at the Bombshell Roulette Title. ”Admittedly I’m not entering this match with the same high that I was on heading into our first encounter, our first match was my first after winning this title, it's only natural that I’d be a little excited about my first match as champion but this time? I’m coming off my first loss as champion!”

The bounce back.

”Don’t get me wrong, it was an honour to share the ring with my heroes in last Sunday’s Main Event and if that truly was the last time I’ll get a chance to wrestle Keira, well, at least I’ll get to tell the grandkids about it someday right?” I asked as I folded my arms. ”But that leaves me with one burning question, can I bounce back from that loss? The fact that I was able to bounce back from the Battle Royal for the vacated Bombshell Internet Championship at all shows that I can do it but it’s easy enough when your just a young wrestler trying to find her footing, it’s another thing entirely to do so as champion! At least with prior rematches, I was able to enter the match with the mindset that I was going to bounce back from the previous loss and learn from my past mistakes, but that doesn’t apply here because as I’ve already stated, I’ve already beaten you Seleana!”

What to do now?

”The best I can hope for is that the wheel stops on a stipulation that’s favourable to me but as we wrestle similar styles Seleana, anything that benefits me will also benefit you!” I commented as I shook my head. ”I knew the risks that come with competing in this division when I entered that Triple Threat Match Violent Conduct, same goes for our first match and my rematch against Melisa, in this division you need to be able to think on your toes and be ready for anything! For god’s sake, the men’s Roulette Division just had a match where the competitors had to sing random songs at random intervals and the week before that, four guys were fighting it out in a pet store! This division is where the wild and whacky ideas thrive and sometimes we just to accept that to thrive as well! I can only hope that whatever the wheel has in store for us, we can adapt to it too!”

The key word!

”Honestly, if I were giving a seminar on this division for whatever reason, adaptability would be one of the first things I’d teach!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And I doubt there’s a former Bombshell Roulette Champion in the history of this division who’d disagree with me! Especially you Seleana and at High Stakes XII I will be ready for anything that the wheel throws at me, you’ve held this title before and you know that a champion of the division needs to thrive in in anything they get thrown into to survive! I’ve already proven that I can do that twice over and I’ll do that for as long as my reign lasts, all it comes down too Seleana is whether you can keep up with me especially if we end up with a stipulation that works against us again!”

And then what?

”But on the off chance that the wheel isn’t working in our favour at High Stakes XII, then what?” I asked as I held up the title. ”Adaptability is key as I said but fate can be a funny thing can’t it? If the wheel is feeling especially sadistic then we’ll end up in a bloodbath of epic proportions or we’ll get a match that ends up as harmless fun like the Karaoke Catastrophe Match, no matter what the wheel stops on I’ll be ready for it and willing to do anything to retain, but can you say the same for taking the title from me?”

It's that simple.

”You stumble through questions, that you can never answer, the barrel is loaded so go and paint your target Seleana!” I dared her as I held up the title. ”That quote is from a song called “Paint Your Target” by a British band called Fightstar, I’m not sure how it ended up in my YouTube recommendations but I liked the song enough to include that quote in my promo, obviously your name wasn’t in the original lyrics Seleana but here’s what I meant by that, if you think you can do what I did in the past and make up for your past mistakes then go ahead and take your shot, otherwise? I’m leaving my first High Stakes as champion!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”After all, it’s been a while since a champion of this division made it past three defences, hasn’t it?” I asked as I looked at my title. ”In fact, I know her well, she’s my good friend Krystal Wolfe, someone you faced twice for the gold, and here we are a year later in our rematch, funny how that works! I intend to follow in Krystal’s footsteps with my reign and Seleana? Our first match was a year and a day after you challenged Krystal, you basked in my light the first time and you will bask in the Greek Angel’s light again! See you at High Stakes Seleana!”

I left the warehouse as the scene fades.

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: ARIANA ANGELOS (c) v SELEANA ZDUNICH - ROULETTE TITLE
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 11:33:28 PM »
Off-Camera

Saturday, October 22, 2022
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
12:04 PM  PDT

It had been almost two weeks since Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell-Zdunich and Christina “Crystal Hilton” Zdunich had both left for the NFW European Tour. Alex had made video calls multiple times a week to see and talk with their wife, Seleana Zdunich, as well as their daughter, Aurora Zdunich. So far they had been in Paris and Berlin and would next be traveling to Amsterdam with several months worth of dates remaining.

All the while, the absence and distance was starting to wear on both Seleana and Aurora, especially given that her siblings, Brittany and Brayden, tended to be off in their own little worlds as well. The only family members that did ten to be around much were Seleana’s cousins, Nadja and Freja Lindström. Nadja because she worked in the office at Zdunich Zoological gardens and Freja because she helped look after Aurora when Seleana was required to work. It didn’t hurt with Freja that her girlfriend, Lucy Osman, lived in the same apartment building here in Las Vegas as the Zdunich Family’s second home.   

Aurora Zdunich: Mommy… when are Mommy and Mommy coming home?

Looking at her daughter, Seleana, tries hard not to simply sigh sorrowfully. She knew the answer would not satisfy the little one’s curiosity. 

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know.  If they stay throughout that tour or NFW, not until near Christmas.

Aurora nods sadly.

Aurora Zdunich: I miss them.

Seleana nods as the eleven-year-old  moves in closer to her. Aurora quickly does the match in her head and comes to a conclusion that startles and dismays her. .

Aurora Zdunich: Does this mean they won't be home for my birthday?

Seleana blinks, as she searches for an answer that will not be a summary negative response.  Sitting on the family couch, she nods to Aurora.

Seleana Zdunich: It means we might go to them for it.

Aurora’s eyes light up.

Aurora Zdunich: Really?

Seleana nods as she quickly scans her phone.

Seleana Zdunich: They have a show in Australia the day after.  They are in Spain previous to that. We can surprise them, ja?

Aurora almost starts shaking with excitement.

Aurora Zdunich: You really mean it?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: We can call it a birthday present for you that we share with them. They will be delighted to see after this time and will be pleased we come to them to spend time.

Aurora hugs her mother with even more enthusiasm than before.

Aurora Zdunich: You can really do this?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I have a match here in Las Vegas in just over a week and then i have one in Georgia five days later.  We can fly out after and meet them in Spain. We will take precautions, of course…

Aurora nods emphatically.

Aurora Zdunich: Yes.

Seleana smirks playfully.

Seleana Zdunich: And you will have to keep the secret that we are coming. We are not keen to ruin the surprise, ja?

Aurora nods in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: You can do this?

Aurora nods and then hugs her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: I promise I’ll be good!

Seleana smiles as she returns the hug.

Seleana Zdunich: This will be our project together. Operation: Surprise Mommies.

Aurora pulls back, wiping away tears of joy.

Aurora Zdunich: We’re in this together. You do your match next Sunday for that championship. Then you go to Georgia or that match and then we surprise them!

Seleana Zdunich: Let us do this, ja?

Aurora nods and then hugs her mother again.

Aurora Zdunich: Ja!

On-Camera

Saturday , October 22, 2022
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
7:02 PM PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on her couch nodding to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, Ariana, how’s it?

She manages a small smile.

Seleana Zdunich: I did not expect this opportunity and I am certain you did not expect it to be me as well, ja?

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: We have danced this dance before for that very championship. I know what you can do in the ring. I know how good you are and that you are the champion for a reon. I will take nothing away from you on those points.  They are undisputed and the truth.

She nods again as she points into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You have done well for yourself. I am proud to step in the ring with you. We are both competitors who were not supposed to be here and now we have both climbed up to be here. I do not make hens out of feathers when I say you are an impressive and very qualified champion. If I were to lose to you, it would be no shame…

She almost sighs before looking right back into the camera after momentarily looking down.

Seleana Zdunich: But if I were to defeat you and become a multi-time champion…

Trailing off, Seleana allows herself a smile again. 

Seleana Zdunich: No one can call it anything less than a meaningful win.

She stands up, nodding as she does so.

Seleana Zdunich: I am ready for this, Ariana. I am ready to compete on the highest level. I am ready to prove myself and if I wish to truly prove myself then you are exactly the opportunity I have been waiting for!     

The smile intensifies as she hears her daughter running up the hallway.

Seleana Zdunich: See you in a week in Mandalay Bay, ja?

Online Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“I Control My Destiny!”
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 02:27:21 PM »
(Miles was used with permission from his handler)

It was the week of High Stakes XII and Ariana’s biggest title defence to date as she was defending the Bombshell Roulette Title in the opening match which also happened to be a rematch against Seleana Zdunich! The Swedish Bombshell had served as Ariana’s first challenger earlier in the cycle but forces outside of either Bombshells’ control (namely Jessie Salco putting off the title match she earned in a Ladder Match the week after that title match so she could focus on her feud with Melissa) had prompted the bosses to book a rematch between the two Bombshells, can Ariana be the first Bombshell Roulette Champion to retain the title for a third time in months? Or will Seleana finally become a two-time Roulette Champion?

Recipe 4 Disaster Studio, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 23rd of October 2022, 16:00pm

This escalated quickly.

If you remember everything that happened last week between Keira, the Go Gym and Jenny Tuck then you’ll know that me, Carter, Krystal, Cassie and Jessie got a windfall from a wealthy former wrestler, I couldn’t speak for Jessie, Krystal or Cass but I knew Carter had donated his windfall to Ben and Jamie’s charity for homeless LGTBQ youth, a worthy cause for sure but I was unsure on what I was going to spend it in on at first.

Then it hit me, why not use some of it to better my YouTube Cooking show? I’m not just talking about buying expensive kitchen equipment like an Ice Cream Machine or a smoker (which I totally did) but I went and brought a whole studio for Recipe 4 Disaster! It was a modest little place that I had passed on my way to the Go Gym god knows how many times since enrolling there so it was perfect really! But then came the second escalation, I had tweeted about posting some of my recipes on TikTok when Carter suggested that I take advantage of the studio setting and buy time on a public access channel, turning my humble little YouTube show into a TV Show.

That idea was frankly to good to pass up and after doing the appropriate research into the topic? Well, that’s where I am right now! Filming for the TV show officially starts next week but it wouldn’t start airing until my birthday (approximately enough) but filming for the TV show was starting next week and I quickly figured out two things.

1: I couldn’t just rely on my weird recipes like I do for the YouTube channel, I had to show some real cooking ability whether that was traditional Greek dishes or food from other cuisines, 2: I couldn’t just do it with me, Krystal, Carter, Cassie and Francisco anymore, I needed to hire a crew to make sure that the whole operation ran smoothly, luckily I was able to get that sorted in no time hiring a food team, a camera crew and even makeup artists.

Humble beginnings right?

“You’ve really done the place up.” A British accent rang out and I turned around seeing the men’s Roulette Champion Miles Kasey standing behind me, this wasn’t a coincidence, after Carter’s ill-fated title match against Miles last week I had asked Miles to meet with me so I could tell him what I knew, it wasn’t exactly often that the champions of the men and women’s Roulette Divisions met up like this and heck, our title reigns have had similar trajectories, both started at Violent Conduct VIII, we both defended our titles within weeks of winning them (Miles against Agostino in a Lumberjack Match, me against Seleana in a Submission Match) and our second defences had been tie breakers, me with Melissa and Miles with Carter! Unfortunately, the match with Carter was why he was here today. “I hope this TV Show works out for you Ari.”

”After all the money I put into it? It better!” I responded with a laugh as I looked around the studio. ”I wish we were meeting under better circumstances Miles but we both know why we’re here, after all we both saw Carter’s broken finger after your title defence last Sunday.”

“Yeah, that hasn’t sit right with me all week.” Miles nodded in agreement as he folded his arms. “Like you, I’d rather fight healthy challengers, if I had known that Carter was entering the match with a broken finger I would’ve asked for it to be held off.”

”If that finger had been detected beforehand, no pun intended, the match wouldn’t have gone ahead full stop, Carter was lucky that you guys got a fun match type and not something more serious.” I nodded with a sigh before I invited Miles to sit down with me and continue the chat. ”After everything that’s happened, I think you have a right to know what I know, because as you may have suspected, this dates back to the India tour.”

“I had a feeling that was the case.” Miles nodded as he made himself comfy on a chair and I sat opposite him. “Let’s start from the top.”

”Okay, this started in New Delhi, the week before Violent Conduct VIII, Carter and Laz were arriving that week and I figured why not surprise him with a traditional Indian feast?” I started and Miles nodded as he got the idea. ”Well, as traditional as a Greek American girl who’s never even attempted something like that can make at least! It was me, my boyfriend Francisco, Krystal and her wife Makayla and Cassie alongside her girlfriend Becky, though Becky had to leave early because she can’t handle spice that well, all in all it was a nice time had by all and I managed to do a pretty good job at the feast if I say so myself.”

“Gotta admit, I wouldn’t have minded attending that myself if I had known at the time.” Miles nodded in agreement before he let out a deep breath. “This is the part where things went wrong, isn’t it?”

”Yeah, it is, as we were leaving Cassie realized that she had left her phone in Carter’s suite, we had used his suite for the feast, I gave her my key card hat Carter had given me for emergencies and she went back in to get it.” I let out a deep breath as I got ready to say the next part. ”Cassie took longer than she should’ve to emerge from the suite and we were getting worried, when she did emerge she was in tears because she had stumbled upon an argument between Carter and Laz, an argument that turned into a domestic violence incident.”

“I don’t know Cassie that well, but didn’t she turn nineteen right after Summer XXXTreme?” Miles asked and I nodded to confirm that. “Jesus Christ, the poor kid! I can only imagine what was going through her mind after that, did you do anything after that.”

”There was little we could do because Cassie didn’t feel comfortable talking about it outside Carter’s suite so we took her to my suite on the other side of the hotel.” I sighed as I brushed some hair over my shoulder and Miles nodded in understanding. ”Krystal was ready to kill Laz once it came out but Cassie talked her older cousin down, you remember that split lip Carter supposedly suffered after your first match with him?”

“Yeah, I remember that clearly.” Miles nodded as my expression darkened but I wanted to give the Brit a chance to figure it out for himself. “Why do you……..oh, oh no, that lip was split by Laz wasn’t it?”

”We have no evidence proving it, but at the same time we don’t have a better explanation.” I nodded in response as I let out a sad sigh. ”When we came back to the states last month me and Krystal tried to have an intervention for Carter but it ended poorly, then we tried to get the contact numbers for his next of kin from the Go Gym’s owners and whilst that was rejected outright by Gabriel, Carter was furious when he found out, which was also how he found out about Cassie’s involvement.” I added as I lowered my head in shame. ”That was what led to that incident with Tempest and Carter’s argument with Cassie on Climax Control.”

“And things just got worse from there until my title defence against him last week, right?” Miles asked and I nodded reluctantly. “I’m not sure if I would’ve reacted the same way as Carter but your heart was in the right place, real question is, where do we go from here?”

”I’ve been asking myself that for weeks, even before Carter’s injury.” I nodded in response before I let out a deep breath. ”There was another incident at the Go Gym, right before your last title defence, Laz tried to barge into the Go Gym to see Carter which is against the Go Gym’s rules. Carter said that he never had a reason to tell Laz this because Laz hates wrestling but me and several other Go Gym Graduates aren’t sure about that ourselves, to make a long story short, Despy faceplanted Laz and held him down until he agreed to leave with Carter, that incident resulted in Carter getting suspended indefinitely from the Go Gym and, well, the next time I saw Carter was after your title defence against him and before then his hands were fine, feel free to put two and two together.”

“Again, we have no proof but how else could he have broken his finger?” Miles asked and I reluctantly nodded in agreement. “So, that brings me up to date, where do we go from here?”

”That’s the million-dollar question, Carter had to miss out on his match with Chris Page because of the broken finger so we won’t see him until after High Stakes XII in all likelihood,” I let out a sigh as I lowered my head. ”Carter’s been my bestie since we were trainees at the Go Gym, after my parents disowned me for daring to follow my dreams he let me stay with him in his apartment until I got a place of my own, it breaks my heart to see him in a terrible situation like this!”

“I can only imagine how difficult this Ari, and for what it’s worth your parents are clearly missing out thanks to that decision.” Miles nodded sympathetically and I grinned in response before giving hm a thankful nod for the complement. “I don’t know what I can do to help but if you need any help getting Carter out of this situation, you got it from me!”

”Thanks Miles, I appreciate it!” I responded with a big grin on my face as the men and women’s Roulette Champions shook hands on the agreement. ”I just hope that we’re not too late.”

“You and me both.” Miles nodded in agreement before he left the studio.

The next week was going to be my most challenging as an SCW Bombshell yet, between Carter’s injury, my title defence against Seleana and entering my first High Stakes event as a champion? The pressure was definitely on.

But the Go Gym trained me for situations like this, and pressure often turns coals into diamonds!

Sunday the 23rd of October 2022, 19:00pm

After my chat with Miles at the Recipe 4 Disaster studio I returned to my home for the rest of the day, most of the day was spent either hanging out with Francisco and Athena but this time I was meeting with a new member of the Recipe 4 Disaster crew because I was no longer the sole writer of the show.

“Ari, can I just say that you have fabulous taste in men.” Tyler commented as he and Jenny entered my office, they were my co-producers on the show and I initially thought that they were dating, when I first met them, nope, turns out Tyler was gay, Jenny I wasn’t so sure about. “And your kitten is so cute!”

”I know right?” I responded with a grin as I turned to my two co-writers, it definitely helped that Tyler and Jenny had professional chef experience themselves, namely as line cooks in one of the best restaurants in the city so if anyone knew what they were talking about, it was them. ”So, aside from making weird recipes, my speciality is Greek and American cuisine, what about you guys?”

“We were trained in the classic French style but we work in an Italian restaurant so take your pick really.” Jenny responded with a shrug and I nodded as I got the idea. “But we are willing to try anything at least once, including helping one of our favourite wrestlers with her new public access show!”

Huh, didn’t anticipate working with fans of my work in the wrestling ring. ”I’m flattered but I try to keep my wrestling life separate from Recipe 4 Disaster as much as I can, especially with my title defence against Seleana coming up.”

“That’ll be a great match but I see what you mean.” Tyler nodded in understanding before I loaded up one of my scripts for them to read. “Salmon Carbonara with Squid Ink Tagliatelle, starting off with a twist on an Italian classic already.”

”Can’t claim all the credit for the idea, I was inspired by the YouTube Channel Vincenzo’s Plate.” I admitted with a shrug as they read through the recipe I had put together. ”He cut up the salmon fillet and left out the Guanciale, I plan on leaving the salmon fillet whole and leaving the Guanciale in, kind of a surf and turf deal?”

“Not a bad idea but my main concern is the salmon taking longer to cook than the carbonara.” Jenny commented as she read through the recipe and I nodded as I got the idea. “I take it you know the traditional method of cooking a salmon fillet.”

”Yeah, I spent time in the Gold Coast Cassino’s kitchen before the pandemic hit, decided to focus on wrestling rather than risk spreading covid to my SCU co-workers after that.” I explained after thinking for a minute. ”Heat a pan of oil to medium high then put the salmon in skin side down before turning it down to medium, turn after seven minutes or when it’s 3/4s of a way through then finish it off on the flesh side for one and a half minutes, or turn it again if you want to get the skin nice and crispy.”

“See, I told you she had some culinary knowledge Jenny!” Tyler responded with a grin and I gave Jenny a playful glare for that. “And whilst we’re doing this with a version of carbonara, what normally goes well with salmon?”

”Off the top of my head? Fennel, asparagus or heck, even a risotto, and all this food talk is making me hungry.” I admitted with a sheepish grin getting a laugh out of my co-writers, ”I’ve already eaten dinner but I do have some baked goods if you guys want some, I was a pastry chef at the Gold Coast Cassino so I know my stuff when it comes to baking.”

“That does sound good.” Jenny admitted and I grinned in response. “And before you ask, we don’t have any allergies nor re we lactose intolerant or anything!”

“Nope, we are strong as an ox!” Tyler added and I grinned before leaving my office and headed to the kitchen, as I was looking through the pantry for any of the baked goods I had prepared Athena leapt up onto the counter for a sniff.

”Hey Athena, you hungry too?” I greeted the kitten who let out a soft meow before I stroked her, as Athena purred away I grabbed a box of peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies and took them back up with me as Athena followed me up the stairs. ”Okay, these are some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies that I made yesterday!” I told Jenny and Tyler as I offered the cookies to them and as they helped themselves Athena brushed her body against my right leg and I looked down. ”And we’ve got Athena joining us as well!”

“I’m not complaining about this Greek goddess joining us, that’s for sure.” Jenny responded with a grin before she leaned over to stroke the kitten, once Jenny and Tyler took a bite of the cookies I could tell that they liked it. “Wow, these are really good! Did you use crunchy or smooth peanut butter?”

”Mixed in a bit of both into the batter for texture.” I explained as I took a bite from a cookie for myself. ”I mean sure I made duck fat cookies for my YouTube channel but when I don’t go off the wall? I can cook really well!”

“It’s just that your YouTube viewers tune in for the weird stuff, right?” Jenny asked and I nodded in response. “Well, hopefully we can refine the weird stuff, as for the surf and turf carbonara? I’m not sure if my Nona would like it but the recipe is solid enough.”

”Nona? Isn’t that an Italian word?” I asked Jenny and she nodded in response. ”So you’re an Italian chef who was trained in the classic French style?”

“Third generation Italian American if we want to get specific, but all the women in my family have been chefs and I saw no reason why I couldn’t continue the trend.” Jenny explained with a shrug and I nodded as I got the idea. “Trust me Ari, your Recipes 4 Disaster are in good hands with us.”

”Like that was ever in doubt!” I responded with a grin before we started firing off more Recipe 4 Disaster ideas.

Yeah, things were going well for my little show!

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 24th of October 2022, 16:00pm

It has been a hard day.

Not to say that I haven’t enjoyed filming the Recipe 4 Disaster TV Show or anything but let me tell you, filming content for a TV Show, even one on public access like Recipe 4 Disaster, was quite a bit different to filming content for my YouTube channel! Not that I was planning to give up on the YouTube Channel or anything because that was where I had built my fanbase as a cook but I was basically going to use that to upload recipes that didn’t make it onto TV.

All this on the week before my twenty second birthday to boot! I needed to come to the Go Gym to unwind after filming wrapped for the day.

”I know this is last minute but thanks for agreeing to spar with me Krystal.” I thanked the Australian Bombshell as we warmed up for our sparring match, Krystal had wrestled Seleana twice during her Roulette Title reign and I thought she’d be a perfect fit for a sparring partner heading into my second defence against Seleana. ”It would help to spar with someone who has wrestled Seleana in a title match!”

”I mean, Tempest has wrestled Seleana several times and once for a title, you could’ve sparred with her instead.” Krystal pointed out and I quickly shook my head as I got ready to start my sparring match with the Aussie.

”I like Tempest but she’s a completely different wrestler than Seleana, plus I don’t feel like being tossed around the ring for most of the sparring match!” I admitted and Krystal grinned before we started sparring, the sparring match went on for a good minute with us preparing for our respective upcoming matches against Seleana and Mercedes Vargas but before we could advance beyond the basic stuff Krystal heard a text on her phone and went to check it. ”I thought you typically left your phone if the women’s changing room?” I asked Krystal as she went to check it.

”Normally I do, but Rachel’s been feeling under the weather all day! I brought my phone out with me just in case things get any worse which given Rachel’s health issues, is a real possibility.” Krystal explained as she left the ring and went to check her phone, I went over to the ring ropes to see what was up with the Aussie but when I saw the look on Krystal’s face my concern grew. ”Sorry to cut this short Ari but I have to get to going, Rachel’s been rushed to a children’s hospital by Makayla with a ridiculously high fever.”

”You don’t need to apologize, I understand completely.” I nodded with a sympathetic look on my face as Krystal headed straight into the women’s changing room to get changed into her day clothes. ”If you need anything let me know.” I said to Krystal as she left the women’s changing room in her day clothes and she gave me a thankful nod.

”Right now? The only thing you can do is continue to kick ass as the Bombshell Roulette Champ and prepare for the match against Seleana.” Krystal told me and I nodded as I followed her out into the parking lot. ”She’s a tough opponent but you’ve beaten her before, if anyone can do it again it’s you, sorry I have to cut this short Ari but my daughter needs me more than I need to train! I’ll try to make up for it later in the week but we’ll see.”

”You just focus on your daughter, your training can wait.” I assured Krystal who nodded before getting in his car and driving off, as I watched my friend drive off I didn’t even notice an unknown figure walking up to me until……..

“Ariana Angelos?” The figure asked and I turned around seeing an older guy walking up to me. “I would’ve gone in directly but I heard about what happened to that Carter kid’s boyfriend.”

”That “Carter kid” is my best friend and that’s a complicated situation.” I responded with a frown as I turned to face the guy fully. ”Who wants to know?”

“I was told to give you a message.” The old guy responded before handing me a note, I looked at it with a cautious expression before taking it from the guy more out of curiosity than anything else. “It’s from someone you know.”

”Someone I know, yet they didn’t contact me directly.” I commented with a frown before I opened the letter and read through it, once I had read through it I glared at the older guy. ”Is this a joke? I haven’t spoken to them in years and now they are trying to come back into my life?!”

“I’m just the messenger lady, I just did as I was asked.” The older guy responded and my eyes narrowed in response. “I came a long way to deliver that, the least you could do is humour them.”

”Why should I? They tried to kill my dreams before they could even begin!” I demanded before I threw the letter in a nearby trash bin and returned to the gym.

The letter was from my parents, the same parents who stormed into the Go Gym and tried to take me home after they realized that I had been training there, the same parents who did everything in their power to kill any dreams I had of becoming a professional wrestler.

They hadn’t been a part of my life since I chose my wrestling career over my family, they didn’t even live in Las Vegas anymore having moved back to Pittsburgh after I visited their home one last time to retrieve my things, now they were back in Las Vegas and trying to re-enter my life?!

I always thought this would happen once I achieved any success, it just took a lot longer than I thought it would, I would spend the rest of the day conflicted as heck!

Monday the 24th of October 2022, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Now that that chaotic day was almost over I felt the only way I could unwind was to head home for the rest of the day, but I could get my promo done at least.

”One week from today, I will be celebrating my birthday, yeah, I know, the Recipe 4 Disaster girl was born on Halloween! I’m sure the jokes write themselves! But I will be turning twenty-two the day after High Stakes XII and I hope that I can celebrate it as the Bombshell Roulette Champion!” I started as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”The only obstacle in my path that could put the kibosh on that is Seleana Zdunich, as we established last week Seleana wasn’t my original challenger but after Jessie decided to focus on her Chamber of Extreme match? Well, this is going to be quite the test!”

One I hope to overcome.

”Seleana, I understand that you weren’t expecting to get this title shot, heck who knows if you would’ve been on the card at all if not for Jessie’s decision? But I appreciate the fact that you’ve made it clear that you will be giving our title match your all, against a former Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Champion, I can expect nothing less even if you hadn’t challenged me for the title in our first match!” I added as I folded my arms whilst glancing at the title on my desk. ”But since you lost the Bombshell Roulette Title you’ve been in a flux, unable to get your name back in the history books as a champion despite several attempts on your part, will the second time be the charm?”

Good question.

”Personally speaking? I feel like the main question hanging over my head as I head into this rematch is this: “can she recover from the loss to Team Hero?”, prior to the Team Hero Match I was on a tear as the Bombshell Roulette Champion but I gotta say, now that I’ve suffered my first loss as champion? I’m beginning to suspect that some people are thinking that I look vulnerable.” I added before shaking my head. ”Let me make one thing clear, win or lose I would not take back that match against Team Hero! With Keira’s impending retirement that was a once in a lifetime chance for me to wrestle my heroes and I’d do it all over again if I could! But at the same time don’t think that I’m looking vulnerable for a second Seleana, there’s no shame in losing to a team as legendary as Team Hero, as someone who has wrestled Tea, Hero yourself, you should know this! And I will continue to kick butt as champion, especially in our rematch!”

And beyond!

”This title reign is my chance to solidify my name as yet another great who graduated from the Go Gym and I’m letting one loss stop my momentum, I hope you realize that Seleana!” I added as I reached over and picked up the Bombshell Roulette Championship. ”I’ve worn this title proudly everywhere I go and I’ll continue to do that the further I go into my title reign! Yes, even to my birthday party next week! Granted that requires me to get past you first Seleana but I’m more than confident that I’m up for the job of defending this title against you! After all, I’ve beaten you once in a match that took us out of our comfort zones!”

But now?

”The big difference between that match and our rematch on Sunday night is the fact that you’ve seen for yourself what I’m capable of doing in the ring, whether you can use that knowledge to dethrone me is another question entirely!” I added as I looked at the title and gave it a little wipe after seeing some dirt on it. ”What can I say? If there’s one thing that won’t get old for me, it’s the feeling of seeing my reflection in the title that I’ve not only earned but defended against two of the toughest women in the company! Do you think you can dethrone me on your second attempt Seleana? Because I don’t want this reign to end before I hit the hundred-day mark, is that too much to ask?”

Apparently? Yes!

”I felt the need to ask that because it seems like none of the champs that have held the title since Krystal have been able to crack the hundred-day mark, Keira? Lost it on the first defence, Diamond? Made it to Into the Void X before losing it to Kat who lost it to Melissa at Summer XXXTreme!” I added before flipping some hair over my shoulder. ”Sad thing is? Melissa could’ve made it to a hundred days but then I faced her at Violent Conduct VIII, I don’t know about you Seleana but I’ve noticed a pattern, namely that all the Bombshell Roulette Champions since Krystal’s reign ended have had their reigns cut at the next PPV, I’ve already broken one trend because I earned that title shot by defeating Alicia Lukas, I plan to break another at High Stakes XII by beating you Seleana!”

And beyond that?

”I don’t know what will happen beyond that but what I do know is that as champion? I control my destiny!” I added with a confident grin as I held up my title. ”No one else! I’ll continue to forge my own path even beyond this title reign by taking on all comers but as far as this reign goes? It’s here to stay and it’s about time that my challengers realize that! Seleana you are a hell of a wrestler and I respect you as a fellow competitor but in the ring? This title will be all that matters!”

It's that simple.

”It’s like I said when I was hyping this match on the last Climax Control, I have been on a tear since I won this title and that loss to Team Hero hasn’t slowed me don one bit, I hope you’re ready for a fight Seleana because that is exactly what you’re going to get at High Stakes XII!” I added as I leaned back in my chair with a grin on my face. ”I’m not naïve enough to think that you won’t give me a hell of a fight for this title Seleana but I’m ready, willing and able to fight tooth and nail for this belt, can you say the same?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”One way to find out Seleana and that’s to get in the ring with me in the High Stakes XII opener, as for defending my title in the opening match of the biggest show of the year? I view it as a great honour because it means that we can go up to the rest of the roster and dare them to follow a great match Seleana!” I added as I got out of my chair and held up the title. ”But after you’ve basked in the Greek Angel’s light Seleana? I’ll be daring them as Bombshell Roulette Champion! See you on Sunday Seleana!”

I left my office as the scene fades.

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: ARIANA ANGELOS (c) v SELEANA ZDUNICH - ROULETTE TITLE
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 11:27:29 PM »
Off-Camera

Sunday, October 23, 2022
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
1:04 PM  PDT

24 hours.

That was how long the plan had been in place before something had happened to make things even more difficult than they had been before. In this case, Christina “Crystal Hilton” Zdunich had cut a promo for an event called WSOW4. Normally, this would not be cause for concern.

But this was not an ordinary promo.

This was supposed to be a promo about a “Dream Match” the speaker wished to have. That alo would normally not be cause for concern.

However, this one had caused a shitstorm.

Crystal’s promo had been posted at what amounted to six o’clock in the morning for Seleana and Aurora Zdunich in Las Vegas. This was not a problem for Crystal as both she and Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell were getting ready for shows in Amsterdam.

The reaction to the promo had been spectacular in both the intensity and ferocity and neither in a way that Crystal had wished for. Almost universally, even people who did not like Diamond were calling for Crystal’s head in some form. All of them calling her various things that all said basically the same thing, “Crystal, you doen fucked up!”

By lunchtime on the west coast of the United States, Chiaki “Chi Chi” Sanada already had t-shirts and hats ready to be ordered that read #FreeSeleana and #FreeDiamond in response to the promo as Crystal had declared Diamond her dream match and proceeded to tell the world how Diamond was a carbon copy Crystal clone that was not worth much in the ring. 

Seleana Zdunich had spent most of the morning with Aurora at a special event for children who either had or had survived cancer and was doubling as an appearance for SCW building up to High Stakes 12 where Seleana would be challenging Ariana Angelos for the Bombshells Roulette Championship so that was where their focus had been.

Seleana Zdunich: You enjoy, ja?

Aurora nods, smiling happily as the two pull back into the driveway of the apartment complex.

AZ: It was fun! The Cancer Society always puts on the best things!

Seleana nods her agreement. The event had been quite the party in its own way and Seleana had been happy to help make it happen both as the parent of one of the children it was for and as somebody who could be considered a celebrity guest for it.

Seleana Zdunich: I was keen to help them. They have always been so good to you.

Aurora nods again as they pull into their usual parking space and undo their seatbelts.

AZ: I’m gonna go see if Lucy’s ready yet. She and Freja are supposed to come play Mario Kart with me.

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, make certain she is keen.

Aurora nods, then slides out of the car, hitting the pavement almost at a run. Seleana watches her hurry inside excitedly and can only shake her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Det gör hon definitivt inte gå som katten kring het gröt.

Laughing, she exits the vehicle and turns her phone back on. Before she even makes it out of the car, her phone starts chiming at her with notifications. Still smiling, she looks down at her phone and stops dead in her tracks.

Seleana Zdunich: Herregud.

Unable to believe what she’s seeing, her right hand comes up to cover her mouth. She keps scrolling down, reading more and more of the reactions.

Seleana Zdunich: What…?

The scrolling continues, Seleana seemingly frozen where she stands on the concrete of the sidewalk entrance to the building.

Seleana Zdunich: Why?

Her eyes go wide as she continues on and sees Chi Chi’s post.

Seleana Zdunich: För fan i helvete! 

Her eyes snap closed as she exhales heavily knowing exactly how this is now likely to play out. Opening her eyes, she looks at her phone and closes out everything before quickly dialing a number.

Seleana Zdunich: Alex?

The voice on the other end comes back, slow, obviously confused.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: I don’t understand… why would she do this? What is she doing?

Seleana nods to herself almost as much as to Alex’s voice.

Seleana Zdunich: She is trying to get attention but that is not important…

Alex’s voice comes back incredulous as he cuts her love off.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Not important? Sel, what the fuck?

Seleana’s head drops.

Seleana Zdunich: How are you feeling? That is what is important.

Alex pauses, her sudden outrage seemingly, at least momentarily, defused.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: I… don’t know…

Seleana nods again.

Seleana Zdunich: I understand. I have felt that as well.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: How could she say that? How?

Seleana Zdunich: She does not realize the effect her words will have. I know that. I have seen it.

Hurt and anguish mix in with anger in Alex’s voice.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: I don’t understand. What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

Seleana inhales slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: She will come to you. She will be frightened, waiting to hear the worst. When this happens, she allows panic to set in and sometimes makes more bad decisions. You must be ready to do for you.

Silence greets her ears for what seems like years.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Even if that means…?

Seleana nods, eyes moistening.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja… even if. I love you, Alex. I will understand.

Extended silence answers back again. 

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: I love you too, Sel.

Another silence grips the air as the two women both fight back tears.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Are you and Aurora still coming?

Seleana nods, almost grateful for the momentary subject change.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, after my match in Georgia.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Ok.

Alex pauses, clearly still sorting things out in her head.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Tell her I love her too and I can’t wait to see her.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I will. I love you.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: I love you.

Off-Camera

Monday, October 24, 2022
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
9:48 AM  PDT

24 hours.

That was how long it had taken to get Christina to answer her phone after the clusterfuck that had been Sunday.

Seleana had called both Alex and Christina but only Alex had answered. Seleana knew this was a fifty/fifty chance that Chistina was going into isolation mode now. It was one of her usual defense mechanisms when she knew she had done something that had either upset or caused injury to somebody else and in this case, it was hard to miss the hurt and anguish that was sure to follow her actions.

Indeed, the public reaction had piled up faster than ever and that never went over well with Christina, especially when the hashtags started to fly around as they were starting to now. Her phone rings and Seleana quickly answers it, taking it into her bedroom and closing the door behind her.

Seleana Zdunich: Stjärna?

Her wife’s wavering voice quickly answers back.

Christina Zdunich: Help me! 

Seleana sits on the bed, the panic in Christina’s voice quite palpable.

Seleana Zdunich: Stjärna…

Before she can say anything, Christina almost starts screaming.

Christina Zdunich: I didn't mean it! I didn’t… I…

Seleana exhales. This was what she had been waiting for.

Seleana Zdunich: Breathe, ja?

Christina’s breathing almost makes her phone start to shake.

Christina Zdunich: What do I do? I didn’t…

Seleana Zdunich: Have you spoken to Alex? 

The shaking continues.

Christina Zdunich: I tried texting her but… I don’t know what to say…

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Are we really your dream matches?

Christina’s voice cracks.

Christina Zdunich: I… yes.

Seleana nods slowly, her voice staying low, calm, even-keeled. .

Seleana Zdunich: Why?

Christina Zdunich: What?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Why is it dream match to you?

Christina Zdunich: I… because…

Seleana’s eyes close as she waits patiently for the real answer. Christina sniffles and then gets the phone and the rest of herself to stop shaking.

Christina Zdunich: She’s the best in our house. She always has been, you’re both better than me now and I thought maybe we could… be something special.

A smile comes to Seleana’s face. The emotional strain in Christina’s voice showing her all she needed to know.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, is truth. You should tell her that.

Christina starts to softly cry.

Christina Zdunich: I can’t.

Seleana Zdunich: Why not?

Christina Zdunich: She won’t talk to me…

Seleana almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: Find a way, ja? No acting. Just be you, Stjärna. No Crystal, no Burning Rose, nothing else. Just be you. You can do.

Christina Zdunich: What if she doesn’t want to hear it?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Find a way. Tell her the truth. Tell her what you did. Show her you love her. Find a way, Stjärna. You can do.

Chistina exhales heavily.

Christina Zdunich: I really fucked up.

Seleana nods. This was the truth and there was no use denying it.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, du skiter i det blå skåpet.

Christina pauses as if suddenly taken aback by what her wife just said. When she speaks it’s as if she’s just had a realization.

Christina Zdunich: Is that what that means? I never did understand that one.

The smile on Seleana’s face grows.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, that is what it means. 

Christina Zdunich: So I shit in the blue cupboard?

Seleana shrugs, an amused grin on her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Locker, but ja, that is the expression.

Christina Zdunich: Ok.

Silence falls between them and Seleana inhales deeply.

Seleana Zdunich: You must be prepared no matter what. This is not sitcom where one talk with two minutes left in episode fix everything. This might take some time, Stjärna.

Silence falls again.

Christina Zdunich: Ok.

Seleana

Seleana Zdunich: I love you, Stjärna.

Christina’s voice almost breaks again.

Christina Zdunich: I love you!

Seleana Zdunich: We get through this, ja?

Christina Zdunich: You promise?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, together.

Christina takes a few seconds to pull herself together.

Christina Zdunich: Together.

On-Camera

Friday, October 28, 2022
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
7:09 PM PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on her couch again, nodding to herself just as before.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, Arianna, how’s it?

Looking into the camera, Seleana exhales heavily as if the gravity of things is weighing on her in ways even she is not quite aware of. 

Seleana Zdunich: We will have a match that will quite possibly cause us both to feel things we are not keen to feel, ja?

She nods slowly, knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Roulette Championship means we could be fighting under any circumstances imaginable. We could be using anything that Christian or Mark can dream of…

Pausing, she reflects on what she just said.

Seleana Zdunich: Knowing them, it could be very bad for us and they will laugh but that cannot matter to us, ja?   

She nods to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You and I, Ariana, we must rise above of whatever the choice is. We must stand before whatever it is and bring the best out of each other. We must make everyone stand up and take notice. We will make his match be the kind of battle people remember. The kind of battle that they write songs about! 

She stands up.

Seleana Zdunich: I know I am not the first choice for this match. I am not the first choice for any match.

Pointing to herself, she nods forcefully.

Seleana Zdunich: I have never been the first choice but I have always made sure that I can be in the conversation for the choices at hand. First choice, second choice, it does not matter, ja?

Her left hand is extended out and her right hand starts to point to it like it has a list on it to be gone down.

Seleana Zdunich: How many other choices were to be the one to become World Champion? How many other choices were there to become Roulette Champion? How many choices were there to make me a one and done fluke champion?

She shakes her head as she moves her hands away from each other.

Seleana Zdunich: But they were not the one.

She points to herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: I was.

Now she turns the point back to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: And just like I was, how many others were the choice to be where you are and yet came up short?

She motions between herself and the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You and I will walk to that ring. We will have whatever match is put in front of us and we will come out the other side better for it because that is what we do! 

A confident smile crosses her face.

Seleana Zdunich: We will do this, Ariana, ja?

She nods as if she already knows the answer.

Seleana Zdunich: I will see you there!