Author Topic: Hardened Dreams  (Read 846 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Hardened Dreams
« on: October 14, 2022, 11:56:47 PM »
Hardened Dreams
Back in New York

He fucked up royally. He waited too long and now she was out on a date with him and he was left in the dust. So he decided to do something about that.

Miles Kasey, decided to drown his sorrows in a shower. It was taking everything in him not to just ram his head into the tiled walls. Somehow though it was the steaming hot water that was enough to numb his skin.

Maybe it was that, or maybe it was the fifth beer that he currently had with him. He would just lean back against the wall and take a giant swig, hitting the back of his head against the wall to make a nice thud.

You shouldn’t do that.

He would bring the beer down slowly and open his eyes slightly to see Zoey standing there, he would shake his head like she was some sort of a mirage but she still stood there leaning against the entrance to the room, with her arms crossed in front of her chest. Looking at him like she’s a lioness about to pounce on him like a meal.

You looked surprised to see me.

You could say that. Especially since this is the men’s showers and you were supposed to be out with Aron last I heard.” Miles looks down for a moment and can’t help but smile but doesn’t bother to move, especially because it’s far too late to be modest anyways, “Things not go well?

That’s not really any of your business or anyone else’s, Milo. But actually I came to ask you a question,” Zoey said stepping into the shower area, not backing off for one moment as Miles stays in one spot staring her down and taking a sip of his beer.

Ask away, Miss Lukas.

She steps right into the shower, never breaking eye contact with him and not really caring how the steaming hot shower is getting her soaked. Miles raises his eyebrow, impressed by the tenaciousness of the youngest Lukas sister. He stood up a little straighter as she got close and very personal with him.

Are you going to ever wake up?

Miles blinks and stares at her, “What?

Meanwhile in reality:

Miles....” a sing-songy voice rings through as Miles lays peacefully in his head enjoying his dream, “MILES!” Zoey screams loud enough to startle Miles awake. He looks around frantically before his eyes settle on Zoey who has made herself comfy in his bed, over the sheet. Miles rubs his tired eyes for a moment and settles back down

I must be having that dream again.

She leans in really close, “Not a dream, Milo.

Miles eyes snap open, and head snaps towards her, “What are you doin’ in my bed, Zoe?

Zoey smiles as Miles pulls the sheets a little tighter up, “You said training! I tried calling but kept getting your voicemail.

I put my phone on silent last night. Didn’t think you’d be back the same time I was,” he grumbled, wiping the sleep from his eyes, and something dawns on him, "How long have you been here?"

"Enough to know you talk a bit in your sleep but don't snore." she poked at him a bit and he swipes her hand away and shoots her a dirty look, "Alrighty, you're grumpy. Time to get your ass up."

"Zoe..." he complained as he tries to hide his face from her under a pillow but her eyes instead drift down a bit and she smiles.

"Seriously, tent pole down, pants on. LET'S GO!" she barks trying to pull the sheets off him but he fights her a bit, "What? You embarrassed about your pj's?"

"No!" he grabs her wrist and stops her, “I’ll get up but...”

But what?

You need to leave so I can...” he’s trying to figure out the nicest way possible to keep her from seeing everything that God graced him with. “I don’t know how to be polite about this, Zoe.

Miles Kasey, are you-? ...you’re not wearing anything at all!” she looked at him with a bit of surprise. “I thought you always rocked funky PJs?

He grabs the extra pillow next to him and drops it on his lap to hide everything, “I did, then on my stay at K and Aron’s I got a little more comfortable, got back and couldn’t sleep for shit...soooo...

You’re naked.

He smirks, “As they day I was born.

Zoey slowly moves off the bed looking somewhere between embarrassed and proud, “I’m gonna keep myself from asking a question that is running through my mind and give you the privacy you need but umm...

She points to the door and backs out, “I won’t be too long.

Oh, I’m sure you’ll be long enough...I MEAN- Take long enough.” and she leaves the room and closes the door behind her.

Miles sits back and he can’t help but laugh to himself, “Maybe I still got it after all.

Sometimes You Got It, Sometimes You Gotta Go Get It

It had been an odd number of weeks for the reigning SCW Roulette Champion but the fact was Miles Kasey had been living a pretty easy-going life.

A practical vagabond, even though he had a room at Finn’s place, he just found it nice to really kick back and enjoy life. It was something different, being surrounded by people he actually liked but something was still amiss.

Every now and again, since he and Ben Jordan had noticed Carter’s bruises at Violent Conduct, it felt like Carter had pushed him away. Even Carter’s words to Ben caught him by surprise, because afterall, Miles was the one that pointed it out. Why wasn’t he upset with him? Even then the only time that Carter was remotely kind on twitter as of late was when conveniently Lazuras was off and away from him.

Despite what he had said several times about being an idiot, Miles recognized patterns and he was convinced that despite being told that there was nothing to worry about, there was indeed something to worry about with his friend. It was obvious the upfront and blatant wasn’t going to work with him, so he’d figure out a different way to try and talk to him about the things that have been going on.

He just had to be stealthy about it. He could easily go to the others about it, but that would lessen the stealth factor. Then a couple of weeks ago when the match for this week’s Climax Control was announced, it was like the heavens gave him a sign, afterall when this journey had started to his new chapter in his life, Carter was one of the first people to help him in his next step. And Milo would be damned if he didn’t return the favor.

HOW IN THE HELL HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN ANY OF THE HALLOWEEN MOVIES?!?’ was the text message he got from Fenris almost instantly after he got one from Bobbie Dahl, who knew one little confession would send people into a tizzy.

It was just something he never got around to doing, the genre of Horror seemed rather unappealing for a period of time but it was the season to get spooky and there was no way K was going to let him out of it, he’d probably spend some extra time in Vegas after the weekend but that would also provide him ample chance to maybe really talk to Carter.

This was of course after their rubber match...and this time the only gimmick was that wheel that would determine the stipulation of their match and it was for the Roulette Championship.

Go Gym vs. Wolfslair Gym

And Miles had to make a choice.

How far was he willing to go to make a point and get it through his friend’s head that he was here for him? And how far was he willing to go to keep a hold of his Roulette Championship?

Guess that means one thing.

Asshole Miles to the rescue!

That’s how he was going to get it.

Just The Two Of Us
Laughlin, NV

Friday night Miles still couldn’t put into full thought how he was out to accomplish something that he couldn’t believe he had to put himself through again. But he did promise and a promise made is a promise kept.

It wasn’t that long ago that I did one of the weirdest matches ever in my career and this is coming from a guy that fell in a fucking pool of flesh-eating fish and lived to tell about it.

He gives a wink and smirk before taking a deep breath and trying to steady himself for what he has to say.

I gotta admit, I had a feeling that down the line after that match and then our one-on-one where I won, that when I said “Rubber Match, anytime anyplace” that this was what was in our future. Finally conquering the first part of becoming the Roulette Champion really sealed that deal and honestly, I’m glad it’s you Carter. I’m glad you are going to be my first defense because it almost feels like we have unfinished business.

Rubbing his face, he takes a hardline look around and gets a serious look in his eyes.

HB Carter is probably the one guy on the roster that if I would want to drop this title too, I would choose him. But here’s the thing, my time as the top man in this division is just getting started. I have practically done everything short of strip...actually I sorta did that...but I clawed and scraped my ass along every single inch to get here and I am not ready to let go of it just yet.” with a nod he shifts the Roulette Championship ever so slightly on his shoulder, “I’ve already said it Carter, I like ya. I like you as a mate but we all have to admit something. There is something about you that has changed rapidly over the last few months. I’m not saying that that prener boyfriend of yours has anything to do with it, but I’m not saying he doesn’t. You have been picking fights with Ben, with Ari, with ME, with Fenris and of all people you damn near put yourself in the ICU by going after TEMPEST! It’s clear that your train of thought has found itself COMPLETELY off the rails and taking a wild ride through the desert and I have a feeling that the man behind the coal burning engine, shoveling it in to to the point of red hot hell is not you. NONE of what you have been doing lately except when he is not around, has been nothing like you. And that’s BULLSHIT Carter!

He tries to calm himself but his emotions are at a boiling point now and no point in going back

I don’t wanna lose our friendship but if me taking your head off is the only way I’m going to get through to you for you to actually have a conversation with me is by creating this rift between us because of the Roulette Championship then so be it. I feel like I have no other fucking choice and it’s frustrating. It’s frustrating because I honestly care about you, and it kills me to see you talk about yourself like you don’t deserve better because you do. We all deserve better in life. We deserve to be loved, cherished and we deserve the best damn things life could possibly give us.

Miles places his hand over his heart and looks sincerely ahead.

I want you to know one thing Carter, no matter what my feelings about you don’t change. You are still one of the best friends an idiot like me could ask for and I hope that never changes. But I am not sorry for what I have to do to keep this title, mate. One more for the record books, the wheel be damned at this rate, all I want is my friend back to the loveable guy we all adore. I’m just sorry for what I gotta do to get that.

He blows a little kiss and turns and walks away.