Author Topic: ENDEAVOR XLV  (Read 704 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR XLV
« on: August 19, 2022, 11:57:01 PM »
[Mercedes Vargas battled Seleana Zdunich to the bitter end, but the former Bombshell Roulette Champion got the better of the Hall of Famer once again, just after beating her for the first time in a long time in their prior meeting before last week. This wasn’t the result she wanted, especially after ending the then-winless streak she had against her rival, in a most satisfying way to end the slide.]

M E R C E D E S ♦ V A R G A S: I've been replaying it on loop for the last week. Whatever I try to do, I can’t shake off Seleana. Now I have to see her again Sunday? Was I really that evil in my past life?

[Of course, the other major headline was Mercedes facing Candy at Violent Conduct in addition to Masque de Lune being named the number one contender to Roxi Johnson’s Bombshell Championship. When word got to Vargas about this, her tone shifts from friendly and chatty to slightly more serious. She stops nodding and smiling.]

M E R C E D E S ♦ V A R G A S: Not sure why they would give Roxi an extra title defense before the supercard, but I don’t make the matches. See, I could have shown up in Mark and Christian’s office to plead my case for a title shot but I didn't have to. Obras son amores, que no buenas razones. Actions speaks louder than words. Seleana should count herself lucky she even had this win-and-your-in scenario but she’s done herself no favors. Now that she’s involved, there's no chance she’s walking out with the title. End of story. She talks all she wants about having my number. She can say whatever she wants, tell the people what they want to hear, but even she knows she needs divine intervention to walk out with the Bombshell Championship. It happened three years. It won’t happen Sunday.

Her golden opportunity is going to end up a wasted opportunity. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

[Now that she has an opportunity to dash Seleana’s hopes at a second Bombshell Championship reign. But what of Mercedes’ goal to claim her third world title overseas?]

M E R C E D E S ♦ V A R G A S: I won my first Bombshell Championship in Japan. I won my second in New Zealand. I would love to win my third in India. I guess you can say I love winning championships overseas, hmm?

[She goes quiet again, a small chuckle as she slightly looks down before raising her head again at the camera.]

M E R C E D E S ♦ V A R G A S: I can't wait for Climax Control. Hopefully, I can play spoiler, though I'm going to have my work cut out for me. Roxi isn’t a champion for a reason.”

[In the meantime, Vargas will be doing promotional work to hype up the supercard, though she's keeping those details close to the vest.]

“Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be much of a surprise now, would it? You're going to have to keep your eyes peeled. You never know where I might show up.”

~~~

Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 14 al 21 de agosto de 2022

You know, they say good things come to those who wait. But it seems like I'm still waiting for a lot of things in Sin City Wrestling. I'm still waiting for my first pay-per-view win in quite awhile, still waiting for my first championship this year, still waiting for the respect I think I so richly deserve. Hell, even before this little match, I was assuming I was getting a one-on-one title match. Ahead of my match last week against Seleana, she got a little incentive. Didn’t matter if I didn’t last week, she didn’t deserve it in the first place, and I still stand by it.

Only a few actually make it to the very, very top in Sin City Wrestling, almost no one can do it for as long as I have. People come and go, give excuses, criticize the company. But who stay and work hard definitely become legend. I’m at a place in life where I’m most happy and I could go without winning another championship and still be more relevant that I am now.

And yet people don’t respect me. I don’t get the respect I deserve from Sin City Wrestling. I don’t get the respect I DESERVE from the fans. I don’t get the respect from anyone in the locker room. I mean, I went on to become the first and only Bombshell to win every championship available in the women’s division. I’ve won 14 championships in this very  company. I was and still am the only Bombshell to reach 10 championships in a career. I have main evented at Summer XXXTreme and at Climax Control several times. But I still get NO RESPECT. I’ve heard that people think I’m bitter about other Bombshells getting opportunities I should have got, and honestly, that never bothered me, not in the least.

When I began my career, who’s around now that was around then? I could count them on one hand. Who is left of the Mean Girls, the most dominating faction in the history of SCW?  Nobody. I am the one CONSTANT in Sin City Wrestling. I am a pioneer in the women’s division. Every Bombshell who comes down that entrance ramp eat at the table I set for them. I walked so others can run, I paved the road so they can travel, I set the bar so others can reach. Before I came here, that bar was lowered. Yet as I look at the state of the division, maybe I raised that bar a little too high.

Yet I get no respect. I worked for it, I earned it, I deserve it. But I don’t. Why is that? Is it because I don’t light up everyone’s Twitter timeline on Women Crush Wednesday like some desperate attention whore? Is it because I have never been left off a supercard since I joined the roster? Or is it because I didn’t just use wrestling as a stepping stone to bigger and better things such as, oh, I don’t know, acting or modeling. I didn’t just pay my dues in front of hundreds of thousands of people. I’ve paid my dues in front of millions of people.

I’ve accomplished everything that there is to accomplish in SCW, and in less time than most people in their careers. I started my career already as an international talent, and now, I’m a bonafide legend. I don’t put my life on the line every night for your approval, much less your entertainment. Is that why you don’t respect me?

Since I’ve been in SCW, a little over nine years now, I’ve made enemies left and right, more enemies than I care to admit. Some people have been jealous of my success since day one. Others think I’m too arrogant for my own good. But no one, no one, has gotten under my skin quite like Seleana Zdunich. She goes around acting like she’s so special. Let's just go ahead and leave out the fact that it took me six months to get another opportunity at the Bombshell Championship while she gets to be in another title match after four months. After her fluke win last week, she probably think she really has a chance of pulling off a miracle this Sunday. But the only person she’s fooling is herself.

As for Roxi Johnson, she knows that as champion she’s got a target on her back. She’s gone through a long list of women on her way to becoming champ, and staying champ. Great to hear, good for her. Roxi has a rematch with Masque de Lune at Violent Conduct, and it’s assumed she will still be champion by then.

While Roxi probably thinks Seleana and I will be in her rear view, she needs to remember one thing:

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

And so, without getting too cocky, which I am wont to do, I’m going to walk into the go-home Climax Control to Violent Conduct and I’m going to take the Bombshell World Championship around Roxi’s waist. And honestly, I don’t care who I have to beat to get the job done. These past few weeks, months, year only serve as setbacks to setup my comeback. And despite what you may think, failure isn't fatal. But I am.

I’m the ultimate veteran. I’ve seen it all and, yes, I've done it all. But I'm not done yet in SCW and I will not sleep until I'm once again Bombshell Champion. My chances may be thirty-three percent, but my confidence is 100 percent that I’ll do whatever it takes to once again make history. I've not only overcame odds, I've beaten them. Has it happened all the time? No. But you've seen enough of my matches to know that while I may be down, I'm never out.

Now, you can call me what you want. Smug, arrogant, delusional. But the only thing you need to refer to me as is the uncrowned Bombshell World Champion.

Long before you knew, and long after you’ll remember.

~~~

K O L K A T A, I N D I A

“At some point, I’m going to be tired living life out of a suitcase.”

“Seem like you’re having a good time to me.”

[Mercedes Vargas smiles broadly as she takes a selfie with her smart phone before transferring back to her video call with her friends. Irma and Ricardo are at the studio going through a brainstorming session. Each have a pile of script rewrites before them.]

Mercedes: What can I say, I like selfies.

Irma: There’s only so many duckface selfies you can take in one session, Merce. Think you got a little “snap happy.” there.

Mercedes: I’m only sharing my experiences with the world I live  in. Is that so wrong?

Irma: I’ve been told it’s a form of online narcissism.

Mercedes: I never thought about it like that. What are you working on?

Ricardo: There’s a film festival coming up later this month. As you can see, things aren’t going so well.

Mercedes: That rough, huh? Such is the life of a film writer.

Ricardo: Thank you for sharing my pain.

Mercedes: I’ll send you a postcard from India.

[Mercedes takes another quick selfie.]

Ricardo: Nevertheless, she persisted.

Irma: Did you practice yoga like I told you?

Mercedes: Yeah, I think I’m less stressed out before I started. I’m still trying to master the Tree Pose. I just don’t know if it’s really exercise or creative standing. I was always told I was awkward. How do you do it?

Irma: Balance.

~~~

Present Day ♦ C H A N D I G A R H, I N D I A

[REC•]

[Scene opens as we see throngs of people from all walks of life out and about in the city square. Shops, cafes, all could be found in this bustling part of the Chandigarh, India. Despite a slight breeze blowing in, the sun shone brilliantly on this afternoon as Mercedes enters the shot. She smiles at the camera.]

“And so I find myself in a world title match for the first time in a long time since my last time competing for the Bombshell World Championship, which this time it’s against Roxi Johnson, which isn’t our first time and it sure won’t be our last. Regardless, this time Roxi won’t get the best of me because I’ve proven that I can string along a few wins together at any given time.”

[She crosses an intersection and, once on the other side of the street, she continues.]

“There’s just major development to this match. I guess some people think I’m only in this match so I can make a run at the world championship. That's about all that could've been asked of me.”

[She shrugs.]

“This all could have been avoided, this triple threat match. I thought I had Seleana Zdunich right where I wanted her, but like her namesake, the Black Cat had nine lives and lived to fight another day, at my expense. That day is just around the corner. A triple threat match for the Bombshell Championship held by Roxi Johnson. And while she’s held this title for since March, it’s becoming increasingly clear her days as champion are numbered.

“It’s one thing for yours truly having a need to find motivation for when I have absolutely nothing left to prove. I realize I’m closer to the end of my career than the beginning but just because I’ve accomplished a lot in my career, doesn’t mean I’ve lost the chip on my shoulder. That's how I’ve stayed on top this long. As one of the most established stars in the Bombshells Division, I’m pretty much teflon. And I don’t even need to flaunt my accomplishments. I’m like a Venus flytrap — beautiful and deadly at the same time.”

“It goes without saying that I have a lot more to lose than Seleana does this Sunday. If I lose, I still have my legacy to define me.”

[Mercedes does a stereotypical Swedish accent, though it sounded more like an exaggerated Northern Minnesota accent ala Fargo.]

“If Seleana loses? Well, yeah, she’s still got that fluke title win to fall back on, ja?”

[Her voice has a sharp edge and there was a lot of passion and intensity behind it.]

“When the referee counted the three, I knew I gave my all against Seleana but it wasn’t good enough last week, and then I remembered that I’m only as good as my last match. I’m not defined by one match, or in my case, several matches. Obviously, I haven’t been the champion in a little bit, but I’m not defined by my title drought either. I am in the title picture, and I will always be in the title picture.”

[Mercedes raises her index finger for a moment, considering the thought then shakes her head.]

“It's one of those unfortunate side effects of being that damn good.“

[Mercedes stops, crossing her arms and now giving the camera her full attention.]

“When it comes to big time matches, nobody does it better. Triple threat? I AM the triple threat! I am second to none. And when it comes to making history, I am the first to do it.”

[Upon saying that, she uses both hands and motions at herself.]

“So if I were Roxi, I wouldn't plan on holding that title for very long.”

[Smiling while saying that, her arrogance was at an all-time high and that is saying something because we never thought that Mercedes  could get any more arrogant than what she already was.]

“Roxi may be champion but she’s also on notice. It’s not on you, it’s in you. A CHAMPION.”

[With that, Mercedes walks off, but the camera stays on the picturesque view of the city as our scene fades.]

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)