Author Topic: Indi-where???  (Read 630 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Indi-where???
« on: July 22, 2022, 11:26:55 PM »
Scene One: Indi-where?

**The scene opens up inside a hotel room that looks a little… distraught… to put it nicely. There’s clothes, mostly those of a certain stubborn 18 month old little girl, strewn about the room. Pants on the couch, shirts on the floor. Why, it’s nothing short of mild chaos. A very uproarious young girls laugh is heard from the other room before the beautiful, yet mischievous, little girl with her brown hair up in pig tails runs out of the bedroom wearing just a diaper. Her laughter is infectious as she runs around the room, albeit a bit clumsy looking.**

Marcus: RUBY! GET BACK HERE AND GET DRESSED!

**From the same room comes the little girl's father, Marcus Cage, chasing her around with a pink dress in hand.**

Marcus: Mommy’s gonna be late for her interview if you don’t get dressed.

**The little girl hides behind the couch, giggling like crazy, as Marcus looks to the couch where a very well known furry pooch is perched.. Watching very closely.**

Marcus: Help me out, would ya, Fluffy?

**Fluffy stretches before hopping down off the couch and running over to Ruby. Ruby squeals with delight at the sight of the fluffball before she turns tail and tries to run off again. Except she was just so darn excited she tripped over her own feet and fell down to a crawling position. Fluffy instinctively bites the back of Ruby’s diaper and drags her back to Marcus. Marcus picks her up with a chuckle on his face**

Marcus: Come on let’s go get dressed. Do you wanna wear the pink dress, or the yellow dress?

Ruby: NO LELLOW!

Marcus: No yellow? That’s a new one. So the pink dress?

**The toddler nodded happily as she grasped the pink dress from his hands and hugged it, gleefully.**

Marcus: Yup, she’s definitely your daughter, Candy!

Candy: What can I say, she loves pink just like her mommy!

**Marcus sets her down on the bed and tries to help her put her dress on but she stomps her foot.**

Ruby: I DO IT, DADA!

**Marcus held his hands up in the air as he watched her TRY to put the dress on herself.**

Ruby: DADA! HEP ME!

**They both chuckled as she somehow managed to get both arms stuck through the same arm hole. He helped her get it on right when Candy’s phone rang. She looked at it confused.**

Candy: It’s Christian… wonder what he wants?

Marcus: Tell him we will be leaving the hotel in 5 minutes, we’ll be at the arena soon!

**Candy picked up the phone, answering it.**

Candy: HI CHRISTIAN!!! We’ll be leaving in a few minutes! I know I’m a little late but Ruby…

**She paused for a minute**

Candy: What do you mean I missed my flight? I didn’t have to FLY to Indiana. We drove!

**There was an awkward silence then all you can hear is a very loud, verrrrrry angry voice over the phone**

Voice: INDIA! NOT INDIANA!

Candy: That’s what I said… Indiana!

**You just hear a very loud, exacerbated sigh come over the phone**

Marcus: Wait… We were supposed to be in India?

Candy: No, silly. Indiana.

Marcus: I think they meant the COUNTRY India.

Candy: Indiana is a state, not a country, silly.

Marcus: Not the state Indiana. The country… you know… like Bangladesh? Curry?

Candy: OH LIKE THe GUY FROM THE SIMPSONS! I LOVE THAT GUY!

Marcus: We’re gonna miss the show… I better call David and see if we can borrow his private jet.

**He lifts Ruby off the bed and on to the floor before taking out his phone. Candy goes back to her phone.**

Candy: Ok so… I’ll be at the arena in like… 15 minutes! …….. No silly it’s not a 16 hour trip.  ……… Of course I got my passport! ….. MARCUS! CHRISTIAN WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!!!!

**She holds out the phone out towards Marcus as he puts away his own phone and takes hers.**

Marcus: Yes Christian… yes there was a mix up… I know I know… don’t worry I called in a favor and got us a private jet. … Yes I know it’s a 17 hour flight. We’ll be there as quick as we can.

Candy: But with time zones it’ll be more like 12! I can do math too!

Marcus: I promise, we will be there in time for the show. … Yes, she will be there for her match against Twisted Sister. You have my word…

**Before another word can be said, the phone is hung up. He hands it back to Candy.**

Marcus: Well, let’s get everything packed back up. At least we did you practice and everything already.

Candy: Yeah, Twisted Sister is kinda crazy. At first I thought she would be like MY sister but she’s kinda weird looking and scary. Then I thought maybe she was a nun you know like Whoopi Goldberg was in Sister Act? But I don’t think They’d let her in a church.

Marcus: Yeah, she’s a litte bit… twisted. But nothing you can’t handle.

Candy: You’re right! Now let’s get to packing! I can’t wait to meet Apu and buy donuts from the Kwik-e-Mart!

**Marcus uses all his restraint not to facepalm as the scene fades to black**

user posted image