Author Topic: MATTHEW KNOX (c) v MAC BANE - WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - TEIPEI DEATHMATCH  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Matthew Knox

• View Profile
Re: MATTHEW KNOX (c) v MAC BANE - WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - TEIPEI DEATHMATCH
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 11:47:26 PM »
And the sky opened up in a clap of thunder to wake the sleepy stretch of coast, tepid rain beating down upon the windows of the old house atop the hill overlooking Calypso.

Within the house, a mother awoke from the ruckus but found herself perplexed to be alone in her bed, and to find that the two smallest occupants of the house that didn’t have tails were quiet through it, given how they’d reacted to the storm the previous week.

Her investigation was short lived as she came to the nursery, seeing one long pale leg stretched out on the carpet between the two cribs and an all-too familiar monotone that was velvety save for the light grate of decades of smoking.

“So, Hikari, as I was saying…your brother here? He’s been doing a lot of research for you at least as far as what electronics are edible…” he tugged gently on the finger the little one was gripping on, her dark eyes locked onto his glasz ones “Not that you need his help, or any other man’s…” he curled his finger in the baby’s grip with a smile.

“I hope you’ll understand that everything he does comes from a place of love, same as me and all your sisters. You might find yourself wanting to be violent with them, disagree and scream and all that….and that’s fine. You’re a Knox, means you’re going to be getting used to people disagreeing with you pretty fast..” a small pause “Like you’re getting used to hearing your dad rant endlessly..”

He turned his head to the other arm that was outstretched, the finger upon the hand that was attached in the grip of Asahi Joseph “AJ” Knox who stared at him with eyes identical to Matthew’s. The warm smile only widened as he spoke to his only begotten son then.

“You know, you can pop in at any time, son. Your dad’s dyin’ up here.” Admittedly the mother could stare at this sight for the rest of her time on this earth. Still, she knew before long that her presence would be acknowledged by one of the three, so she took a step closer. “Seems he already knows better than to involve himself in one of your verbal spills.”

His eyes shifted to her with a smile only broadening as he sat up, making space for her in the little area. He took a moment to recover from the way she always took the very breath from his lungs, letting out an exhale after recollecting himself. His eyes could never resist going over any flesh that wasn’t covered by her robe or nightgown.

God, each time she was around his heart skipped a beat like he was seeing her for the very first time all over again.

“Well, if that’s the case then clearly he’s gotten your smarts which puts him way far ahead of any peers he may have…”

Ever the charmer.

Even as the world closed in on him, its noose tightening around a neck that could only evade the drop and snap for so long?

She could bring the hopeless romantic to the forefront.

“Let us hope the similarities end there for his sake. We both know that my ways could lead to some.. trouble, same as yours except with a bit less pageantry and far more tragedy.” A simple hum followed, her eyes drifting between the two children. “So what has snatched you from the realm of sleep? I know it wasn’t the weather..”

He smiled up at her as he made a feeble attempt to reclaim his fingers from the grasp of his two youngest, eyes taking the scenic route from her hips to her gaze, the morning sun shining through her auburn hair. She looked like Cinnamon smelled. Earthy, enticing…intoxicating. He quickly shook the infatuation from his head, retracing his steps to her question before answering.

“Mac…the title…Masque…all of it, I suppose…” he let out a breath, reaching his foot out to run gently up her shin “You know how it is, Marika…I get in my own head, i try to hide myself or distract myself…you find me, pick my brain apart and help me see what I need to, but haven’t…”

“At least with this trip you’ve started what needs to be done. You simply haven’t gone for it all the way because your mind, brilliant as it is.. has been struck down by fear. Not of the others, but of yourself and who you will be after it’s all over..” She paused for a moment as the other two now looked her way, offering them a comforting smile. “Funny how often we spin..”

“Once more my dear, I must remind you that extinguishing a flame is not the answer, and is in fact the whole reason i’ve become a man servant to a madwoman with a slight obsession for porcelain..” he couldn't help the chuckle before gently freeing his hands from the small children, standing up and retrieving them both from their beds. He returned to the carpet, deciding now was an apt time for tummy time for the three of them as he lay on his chest, eyes darting between the small, wondrous wonderful creations he had done nothing to deserve.

“Mac though…that might just happen by consequence..” his eyes lifted to find Marika’s “They’ve booked us into a TaiPei death match.” The small chuckle that left Marika showed her amusement, almost as much as the smile that followed. While she was far too along to join tummy time, she did turn to her side. “All that and yet you still don’t hesitate during any other time when the situation calls for it. How strange you become when the lights are shining so brightly.. almost as if it doesn’t suit you anymore.. Still, the death match sounds intriguing. Any hesitation in this case too?”

He let the unspoken truth now spoken make its rounds in his head, letting out a quiet sigh as it finished one final lap. He reached a hand out to gently stroke Hikari’s dark hair, thumb coming to caress her tiny cheek as she paid her father a loving, curious coo. He felt a small pang of sadness for the girl’s mother, hoping she ended up somewhere that she could finally smile.

She deserved that much, at least.

“I don’t quite know anymore where my head is with it, I don’t think….” he all but mumbled “I got a defense down. I’m already ahead of that douchebag that paid the ref for a win as far as the record books…and whl I wouldn’t refuse it, I never wanted the damn thing…my presence, my mason? Nothing to do with glory…and now,...”

A chuckle.

“Now, i’m Daniel in the pit with Lions but I don’t feel the hand of God on my shoulder, ready to stay the jaws of the beasts…all I can feel are those jaws. Biting down, tightening their grip and waiting for the opportune moment to tear me to nothing..” a pause “However, I suppose i’m eager at the prospect of ending this. Gong up two and oh on Mac settles it and forces them to let another come for my head.” A quick shake of her head

. “Logically one would assume, but you know how it is when the cloth is too tightly wrapped around the eyes and the whispers drown out all other sounds. He will always reach and has influence that will join him. You know there’s only one real answer since you refuse the simplest option.”

He ran a hand over his son’s back as AJ took to loud yells, giving his opinions on the matter to the best of his ability. He let his hand come to rest on the thick head of hair on AJ’s head, the prideful smile betraying the conflict within. He shifted to lean down and kiss his son on the forehead. He then shifted and paid Hikari the same affection.

“I don’t know what I know anymore, except for what everyone else seems to know….” the smile on his face suddenly gained an era of something living firmly between relief and sorrow “I’ve reached the point where I’m winning in spite of my age, instead of just winning…” a brief, scoffing chuckle.

“I don’t fear it..or dread it, really. I suppose my only real dread is that father time couldn’t wait until I was done fighting Page and his table….” another brief pause “The end is coming…and I can’t deny it anymore.”

“Then don’t deny it any longer, Matthew.. and pour the mixture over all the surroundings you’re set to depart. Choose a day..” Her voice hushed for a second. “You know what follows..”

He knew exactly what she meant.

What they always fantasized about…

Leave, and burn every path that could lead to them. An existence of nothing but their love, and their loves.

“I’ll make it so, my love…” he whispered in a hushed tone to match her own as his hand finally reached across to take hers within it.

He didn’t know how long they stayed like that, the six of them sprawled on the floor just enjoying life. He remembered a heated debate between AJ and Hikari that would end in a nap, vigorous kicks from the yet to be named twins…

And feeling a peace, that he would willfully shatter along with Mac Bane’s jaw and aspirations of revenge, and gold.

I wonder, if you’ve gotten tired of failure yet Macentyre?

You were a failure of a World Champion each time you held this title, a victim of your hubris over and over again.

If memory serves, the reign I indeed began as you getting the title back from the man who took it from you in surprising and humiliating fashion, no? Maybe you take solace in that. History showed once that you can course correct when given the opportunity.

A solid theory, but you fucked up the equation trying to prove a point with your infantile outburst a couple episode of Clmax Control ago when you decided to try and end this before it began. Putting your pride before your legacy to win a fight that would do nothing but prove what we all already knew:

You’re not the one to end me.

You had every opportunity, you even had help if he wasn’t too chickenshit to swing on me, and still. Still, I walk. Still, I breathe. Still, I fight.

Seven days after your infantile outburst, I defended MY SCW World Title for the first time and In doing so I showed the lockerroom a few things. First off, they finally have a Champion to be proud of. One who will fight through anything, one who doesn’t shy away from any challenge to his throne.

Secondly, that you are not a threat. That the worst of your wrath can’t even shelve an old, broken man for a week.

Pathetic.

Fucking Pathetic, Mac.

You have disappointed me twice as much as you have claimed that I have you. Even for all your shortcomings as a fighter, even for your professional codependence, even with the history of mediocrity you disappoint me. Because you did exactly what any other jackass who failed to fulfill their most basic functions would do.

You deflected the blame, Macentyre.

You chose piety and sanctimonious posturing over owning your mistakes.

You lied. You LIED about trying to stop what happened to Amber.

I can already hear your blood simmering from that one.

Everyone around you, they’ll think as deep as the surface. They’ll see your face flush, your eyes glaze over and the corner of your mouth twitch and know like the gospel that you’re furious at my implication. At the gall that I would even put it into the universe.

But you and I, Mac? You and I will know why you’re really so enraged at that nugget of wisdom.

You and I will know that the reason it burns so much, the reason it hurts so bad?

It's because it’s true.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Jab. Cross. Uppercut. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

The sweat beaded at the base of his neck beneath the dark locks of hair that had long since dampened to the point of sticking to the flesh. The warm up was basic, dumbed down and free of the usual kicking exercises. Arrogantly, he knew he only did them for the sake of routine as they offered nothing new to his repertoire.

Educated feet, just one part of a body educated primarily for violence.

And violence was all that awaited him now. And if he could, he would spare his legs as much as possible. Keep it where it was focused anyway. Boxing, but with glass, glue and a reckless abandon for the concern of staph infections. It was one of the few matches he himself hadn’t participated in, but it didn’t really raise any new fear in him.

You’ve been in one blood soaked spectacle, you’ve been in them all if you want the truth of it.

If he were to be asked the question while drunk, he would be honest and braggadocious of the fact that, honestly? He was at peace with whatever happened in this match. Did he want to lose the title? Of course the fuck not. But if he lost it, he knew now that it wouldn’t be the end of him. And silently, that was an earth shifting realization for him.

Him, who once spent a decade drowning the sorrow of professional failures in a teaspoon filled with black tar heroin.

It felt like letting go, like being cured of a terrible disease. It made the air fresher, water more refreshing. It was freedom..

It was peace.

He’d fucked up, and found peace while still proclaiming himself a warrior.

It was the one secret he kept from Marika, as if such a thing were possible. He hadn’t just felt his body slowing down, he had felt the desire and urge to fight leave him. And he had felt it leave him when he betrayed everything he ever stood for.
When he was beaten, and forced to watch her decimated before his very eyes.

He took in a breath, closing his eyes to focus.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

He had lost. Hell, not just lost. He was the French in the face of the Blitzkrieg. Driven under and subjugated into being a puppet state, turned to battle those he had once called ‘friend’ and aly. Although, to be fair, he had long since broken that particular peace treaty. Most notably the “don’t try to fuck my wife” clause.

Which, if you asked the likes of George Washington, was likely the most important of any clause.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jokes aside, like France he was left in a position where victory was far off and little more than a dream. If he refused to fight, if he just stopped and rolled over? He would be wiped from civilized society and his children would forever live in the shadow of his worst transgression. They would not just be the products of a lothario’s trysts.

But the children of a murderer.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

He leaned more into each strike now as he leaned into the soreness, into the burning in tired muscles that so much wanted nothing more than to buck the weight they had been hauling. He felt his heart beat in his chest, the heart that no longer desired to drive him to stand alone in the squared circle over another damaged human whos only real crime to bring about the violence he had committed? Was being booked against him.

A heart that only truly desired to be home, to watch the new life he had created with Mari grow. To form a relationship with the children whos life he had been absent from for twenty some odd years when it came to his oldest. To watch his students take his lessons and grow with them. To go forward and make something of themselves carrying his knowledge and experience, but free of the weight of his demons.

But just as his heart would dare become light enough for him to smile, reality would crush him.

He had to settle this with Page.

He had to end this with Mac, one way or the other.

And the final weight that would break even Giles Cory…

He belonged to her, until she said otherwise…

Inhale…
Exhale…
Sigh…

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

Jab. Cross. Check.

So, with that truth eating at you? Let’s twist the knife, Mac.

For months. Since I stepped foot in SCW, I said I was here to help a friend. And while you postured and waged a war worthy of little more than Maury Polvich’s stage with me I did all I could to fight the true evil here in SCW, back when I saw it as such.

I desperately fought against a crazy woman dead set on leaping into a shark tank wearing little more than fresh blood and a smile. I cried out, desperately, for anyone to help. I cried for you to help, Mac. And all you did was posture, and condescend, and turn your fucking nose up.

And then it happened.

The event that everyone was mad about for a week before their personal lives became more interesting than the trendy tragedy they all played a part in. It was like a firing line. Five rifles, one blank, nobody knows which so they all walk away feeling innocent.

Except with the caveat that you, and this entire fool’s lockerroom have convinced themselves that I was the only man with a rifle.

Fuck you.

Fuck All of you.

I hope nothing but the professional worst for everyone in the back, even those i;ve shared a smile with. Fuck Christian for allowing those who should not be, be exposed to the violence that they are. Fuck him for how he treats Ms. Chloe and fuck everyone in the back for setting the girl up to be  the next lamb to slaughter.

Tell me, will you all mourn her as long as you did Amber? Or will her notoriety only buy her a day of grief?

Now you, Mac. We won’t have to worry about them grieving you. I could take that crowbar, turn you into a fucking popsicle and use you to beat those braindead commentators to death and no one would bat an eye.

Because as much as you tried to with your super group.

As much as you try to, hanging from Page’s teat.

As much as you try to convince yourself that you do…

You don’t matter to anyone who isn’t half dead and intimately aware of what that crowbar feels like.

As far as me, with my rocks and glass house? I’m well aware that I only matter for as long as I hold this title. If you take it from me? You will only matter for having the title. I will fade into a bloody obscurity, soon forgotten as an uneventful world champion.

I will be at peace if you bury me, Macentyre.

But you?

You will suffer in victory, and defeat.

And in that, how can I feel defeated in the slightest?

I have a confession though, and you’ll like this one. It’ll buy you those good guy points and maybe an extra cardboard sign in the crowd…

I don’t feel guilty anymore.

And I never did.

You all want to paint me the villain, say that I stood by and let it happen?
It’s true. I did.

And I’d do it again, because I’ve reached the point in life where I can no longer justify helping people who won’t help themselves.

And Mrs. Bane-Ryan-Terrafex-DeLune practically begged for the guillotine, secured herself in the stocks and asked how sharp the blade was. You mourn her destruction as a tragedy when in reality it was a mercy.

It was Right.

It was Resplendent.

It was Rapture.

And you have to live with it, Macentyre. You have to live with it for as long as the lord lets you live that you’re married to a time bomb that went off once, and will no doubt run right into the jaws of death again at the first opportunity.

You can’t save her.

You can’t even save yourself.

So maybe, just maybe…

What I do to you will be a mercy, too.

I am Raze. I am Ruin.

I am The Raven.

And all you are, Mac?

Is next.

Offline Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 11:54:17 PM »
Blood and Bone Part 1

“Feuds are forgiven, if not forgotten, in the hour of death” - "The Watcher O' The Dead" ― John Guinan

The Recap

I have literally hundreds if not thousands of hardcore, or extreme matches under my belt. I’ve fought in two of the Taipei death matches in my career. They were very early on in my career and like this one, they were with people I hated. They were people that the fans hated. Back in that time, people were bloodthirsty, they loved the spectacle of it all without understanding the reasons behind the match itself. They didn’t understand the psychology behind wanting the match, or how much we wanted to end each other.

After those matches, both men retired from this sport. The first one was with a man named Chris Andrews. Chris was a wild man, fought a lot like you do. I bled him dry because I could. That was not for a world title, that was for the mid-Atlantic title. A hardcore title, we had fought over it for six months and this was the last time we would face each other in that company. You’re not him though. Does that mean I think that Knox will retire afterward?  I doubt it, but I can guarantee he will be considering his life choices as he watches his life flash before his eyes. Most of our history is well known by now, so I won’t delve into it again and bore you guys to death. The purpose of this soft intro is to explain a few things. Knoxie at one time was one of my favorite people in this business. His life had been such a trainwreck you couldn’t help but pull for the guy. You wanted him to succeed in the worst way. I mean, seriously, how can you not cheer for a guy who beat a ten-year addiction to drugs? That wasn’t even the worst he was put through but that’s enough, isn’t it? I mean it should be, a couple of years ago he was a very different person. The problem was he started experiencing success and I loved that he had but it really sent him into a spiral in his personal relationships. When someone like Centurion, a legend in our business says that you make Chris Page feel like a warm blanket. Maybe it’s just me but that seems like a huge step back for some reason.

Back on topic, I digressed ever so slightly. That’s the reason that when he left Carnage Wrestling to seek fame and fortune elsewhere, we supported his decision. There was a guy here, he only stayed for a cup of coffee, but JC went to the same place that Matt was in. The struggle he was having with SuMa caught our attention, so Amber and I went there in order to see if we could help him. We stayed for a bit, before leaving. In that time, you’ve heard me talk before about how we pulled him from in front of a car driven by Cam Roth. I won’t regurgitate that story here. That’s when our problems truly began. He felt so thoroughly that he and Amber were kindred spirits that he went out of his way to try and manipulate her into what he thought she should be. That’s how he ended up being thrown through a trophy case in our home. She did that to him, not me. This kind of behavior continued when he joined Sin City. He tried to interfere with what Amber was working on with Masque. To him, I was a coward for not stepping in and putting a stop to it. In my opinion, he was sticking his nose in mine and Amber’s business.

What really happened is that he tried to manipulate Masque, and found himself one on one versus a true master manipulator. He was in over his head, and she found out information about him that could destroy everything. It could literally destroy everything that he’s worked so hard to put together. To be fair and honest, I wouldn’t want that for anyone, not even an enemy. That is where we find ourselves today, enemies, because of his arrogance, hard-headedness, and lack of control. In the meantime, he’s beat me for the Sin City World Title and gone out of his way to try and humiliate me in public. He believes in his heart that Masque never lied to him at any point. Even though he was sure that when Masque decided to attack Amber that it was just going to be a show of force. It was that, wasn’t it? A show of force that was so violent that it killed her. So violent that it caused my evolution to go backward to a more primal and vicious version of myself.

For those that know me well, they know that I’ve spent most of my career trying to be a good man. Fighting for those that were without a voice, whether it be a young wrestler that was being bullied or homeless veterans. One thing they didn’t count on is the fact that I can go there too. I have been otherwise, I have been the bastard that didn’t give a shit whether someone walked away under their own power after a match with me. I’ve been that motherfucker that made sure they couldn’t. The asshole that did everything in their power to cripple people that pissed me off. It appears that is who you want, Matthew, congratulations, you just got a fucking bingo.

{The Hotel Lobby - Long Beach, CA - “The Call”}

Several Weeks Ago

I stood in the hotel lobby, already having gathered my gear in a bag slung over my right shoulder. The smells of hotel breakfast hit me and I remembered I should have eaten something. As I headed towards the exit I felt my phone begin to vibrate, so I stepped to the side where comfortable seating could be found. I checked my phone, a Twitter feed had blown up. I had a couple of missed calls from Matt Knox, which was odd since we hadn’t been on speaking terms in a hot minute. The Twitter feed from Masque though, that’s when I felt that sinking feeling in my gut. The cryptic tweets from Masque and the missed calls from Matt were a bad sign. I called him back, and at first, I couldn’t understand anything he was saying, he was trying to talk but his speech was stuttered and frantic. “Matt, calm the fuck down, take a breath and tell me what you’re trying to get across to me.” There was a long pause, so long that I pulled the phone away from my ear to check and see if it was still connected. Then I heard him trying to speak again. Matt, (stuttering) It..it’s Red….sh she she’s been hu hur hurt bad dude.” My mind was racing a million miles an hour, “Where is she?” again a long pause from Matt, “At the arena, Masque…she hurt her bad.” I shook my head, all the warnings, all the things I was trying to tell Amber about this woman. “I’m on my way!”

I wasn’t sure how many laws I broke or bent to the point of breaking, but the weaving in and out of traffic got me there much more quickly than I expected. I didn’t remember the actual drive to the arena but I’d figure that out another day. I didn't remember parking the damn thing or where I parked, there was no time, my mind was frantic about what I’d find. I ran down the nearest stairwell into the underground storage. I raced along the path until I found the room I was looking for. As I burst through the door, my senses were bombarded with the smell of blood. I raced around the equipment to find Cassie, holding Amber’s head in her lap. She was crying softly as she rocked back and forth—the smell of copper, the blood on the floor where she lay. I still can’t quantify this, there was no reason for this to happen. Why the fuck would she do this to Amber? When I found myself again, I was at Cassie’s side. She kept repeating, “All my fault, it should have been me”. Over and over again she said it. I touched her arm gently, “Cass, I need you to tell me what happened here.” She was still rocking, so I dug out my phone and dialed emergency services. I explained to the dispatcher what I had found. As we waited on the paramedics to get there, she explained what she saw. The things that Masque had said and done and the fact that Matt couldn’t interfere or Masque would do what she threatened to do.

I brushed the hair out of her face as she lay there. Her eyes would flutter open and then close again. She would cough occasionally and she would strangle slightly as she wasn’t able to spit it out. The bloody froth collected on the corners of her mouth. I rolled her on her side to make it easier. The hot tears ran down my face, at times blurring my vision. I furiously wiped the tears away, if only for the momentary relief. That’s when I saw the damage to her throat and I realized that she wasn’t breathing very well. Thankfully the EMTs arrived shortly after that. I listed off the injuries as I could under the circumstance. Crushed trachea, I could see the shoulder had been forcibly separated and there was a stab wound there. Her hand was swollen, so I knew she had fought back with all she was worth. They took the information in and went to work. I had spent a lot of time learning from combat medics when I was in the service, so I knew what I was seeing. A field tracheotomy was what they were doing. Like a good combat medic, they used a hard plastic sleeve to puncture the skin below the injury to allow her to breathe. It was ragged at first but then her body adapted to it and her breaths became less ragged and more smooth.

I could have prevented this! my mind screamed at me.

Then they began on the wound in her shoulder and hooked up IV bags to try and stabilize her best they could. They brought the gurney out and I helped them load her on it. I checked on Cassie again and she was still in shock but at least she wasn’t repeatedly blaming herself. She just sat there with dead eyes that were looking down at the blood around her. I scooped her up like a baby and with the help of the emergency personnel, we were able to get her into the back of the ambulance as well. They tried to tell me that I couldn’t ride in the ambulance at first. “I’m her husband, I’m fucking going,” I almost screamed through the tears and the anguish of the guilt I was feeling. There was no more conversation about whether I could or not after that. I sat to the side in the back, making sure to keep my legs and feet out of the way should a need arise for them to work on her more.

Stay with us baby, you have to.

That’s when the love of my life died on that gurney. I watched her face go from healthy to an ashen grey within moments. The medic in the passenger seat jumped back where we were and began performing CPR on her. Every few minutes I would spell him so he could catch his breath and then we would switch out again. She had been dead for three and a half minutes while we worked on her. She finally coughed and her heart began to beat again. I leaned down close to her ear, “Don’t you give up on me Amber, we got shit to do.” Despite her being unconscious and maybe it was my imagination but I could have sworn she gave me a curt nod. The medic that saved my wife’s life, who I would find out later his name. Jon Stewart said to me, “I’m sure it was just a nervous system thing.” I tiredly smiled at him, “Sure, we’ll go with that.” He smiled at me as he climbed back up in the front. I was thankful that the rest of the ride had been uneventful and we arrived at the hospital. We were met with emergency room doctors who rushed her off and into an evaluation room. The rest of that night was a blur, I don’t really remember much of it. All I could remember was the hate that had been building. The hate for Masque and more importantly the hate I had for the man who stood by and watched someone try to kill my wife.

A friend my ass, I’m gonna kill you Knox

Two weeks later

I had just arrived back at the hospital and I was walking by the nurse's station. The ladies there stopped me to inform me of the misbehavior of my wife. Nurse Hunter, “Mr. Bane, it’s your wife. She has been caught walking around without someone and we even caught her in the elevator trying to escape.” I listened diligently and nodded in the appropriate spots as she continued to prattle on. She finally took a breath and so I inserted myself at that point. Looking at her name tag, I thought it should probably say Nurse Cunt but that was a story for another day. “Nurse Hunt, I can assure you she was not trying to escape.” She sighed a long sigh, “Why are you so sure of that?” I smiled in response, “My wife loves to push the envelope with people, she was fucking with you.” I made my way past the Nurse’s station and into her room. Another nurse was hot on my heels, “Mr. Bane, you should also know that she threatened to pull her sutures out when your friend Kat was here.” That one stopped me cold, “I will speak to her about that, I think I know why, and there will be no other visitors other than myself going forward.” She nodded and smiled in appreciation. After all that, I was able to enter the room where my wife was resting. I watched the rise and fall of her breasts as she slept. I quietly, as I could, made my way to the visitor chairs and sat down slowly. Her injury to her throat was well on its way to healing up and she was able to talk in short bursts.

That is when she wanted to, which wasn’t very often. “I remember everything up until the very end,” she said to me in a raspy voice. I nodded in response, “Not surprising love, you’ve been through so much.” So, I relayed the complete story to her as told by Cassie and from my own perspective after the beating had occurred. “The paramedic should have let me die.” She said it in such a flat tone and looked out the window to avoid eye contact with me. So, me being me, I moved back into her field of vision, taking her hand (on the noninjured side), I held it gently. “You are the love of my life, please don’t say that.” Hot tears began running down my face, “Don’t give up on me, Amber. I don’t think I could bear it if you did.” Even with my heart laid bare, she seemed to withdraw further. After a few long moments, I let go of her hand and kissed her softly on top of her head. I stood there looking out the window, “The nurses have been complaining about you, that you were being a difficult patient.” From behind me, I hear her snort in amusement. “I told them that you were just fucking with them, pushing the boundaries. “You’re not supposed to be giving away my trade secrets,” She said softly. “Yeah, I know,” I said equally as soft, “But I kinda felt bad for them.” In the window I could see her reflection, she was trying not to but slowly she allowed a small smile to appear.

Victories with Amber, no matter how small are still victories. The ability to make her smile, warmed my heart a little, it also lightened the mood, albeit only a fraction but a win is a win. Still halfway looking out the window and studying her reflection in the window, “I’m sorry, love, none of this would have happened, if I’d just…,” she cuts me off. “Not your fault, this was my choice, Mac. I chose Cassie as the one to move on and accepted a fate that was of my own making.” I shook my head in disgust, holding onto the window frame with my right hand. “I could have ended her life, I wanted to, with every fiber of my being, I wanted to.” I sigh as I straighten back up, “But I couldn’t pull the trigger on it.” She studied me for a long moment, “And you think you can do that to Matt?” I shook my head, indicating that I didn’t think I could. “No, but I can put him as close to that door as I can without actually killing him.” She nodded along with my sentiment. I turned around and faced her, “I know you probably don’t blame him for what he’s done or not done in this case, and that’s your call. I don’t know that I can forgive him, Red.” I was trying to keep her talking in hopes of breaking down a few of the walls she had put back up. She didn’t say much in response, only, “I’m not sure, Mac, I haven’t decided.” Although I knew she probably wouldn’t be receptive, I broached one last subject. “I know you don’t hate Kat, but threatening to rip out your sutures?”

I waited a minute and looked back at her, “I never asked them to come here, they wanted to come to check on you in person. I do understand that you are not very social.” There was the full-on Amber smile. “Aww, you noticed,” she said in a voice so heavy in sarcasm it was really over the top. “Yes ma’am I did, believe it or not, however, it’s just that whether you like it or not, there are people in this world that love you, Red.” She thought about that for a minute and shook her head in denial, “Not possible, I’m a terrible person.” I smiled at her, “Well, not everyone sees it that way.” Kat, Kim, Whisper, Chloe, and Jas were just a few of the people that had come by to check on her condition. She was having a hard time wrapping her head around it, and I knew that. I wouldn’t push too hard, because that would turn into an argument. “I mean, I understand your perspective, I’ve felt the same way for a long time. Even Ken, Kyra, Adina, Goth, Melissa, and many others stopped by when you were still out of it.”

She gave me an incredulous look, one of those have you lost your damn mind looks. “Why would you let them in?” I laughed, “Well not at the same time, like I said you were still unconscious when a number of them came by.” I smirked at her and she hated it, it was my way of saying, “See!? People love you” and that may be the most disgusted I had seen her in a while. It warmed my soul a little bit.

Fade

{SCW Corporate Offices - “Karma”}

I sat in the offices of Sin City, I hadn’t even been home yet. This place always smelled very clean. The secretary looked apologetically at me, she could probably see that I was extremely jetlagged from the trip back, and the wear and tear on my body from all the nights of sleeping on a hospital chair. “I’m sorry Mac, their schedules are awful this week. Is there something I can do?”. I stood slowly and walked towards the desk, “Actually, yeah.” I slid the contract across the desk to her. “What’s this,” she asked as she slipped the reading glasses on. “Make sure that Knox signs that, would ya? That’s the revised contract for our title match. Once that is done, I need you to fax the contract to his number and I’ll take care of the rest.” I smiled a most polite smile.

She looked it over, briefly, then nodded moving it to the right side of her desk. “He’s supposed to meet with Christian in the next hour, so if you wanted to hang around?” I smiled again, “No ma’am, that won’t be necessary, just shoot me a message when it’s done, if you don’t mind?” She smiled once again, “that’s no problem at all Mac. How’s Amber doing?” I shook my head, “Some days are better than others.” “oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” I nodded, “it’s okay, we knew when this happened that recovery would be tough. Mentally, she’s as strong as they come, but this is new territory for her and she’s struggling.” I looked at my watch, “I’m sorry I have to get to her speech therapy session, thank you again.” She nodded and waived as I left the building. I wasn’t lying to the woman, Amber’s speech therapy was coming up….in a couple of hours. I wanted to exit before Knox could get there. I sat in my truck and began smoking a cigarette.

Earlier this year, Knox had signed Amber’s name to a contract for a tag tournament. He was trying to keep her from home, and more importantly away from Masque. Thing is that he never asked her, in addition to the fact that he dumped the tag team partner he had chosen already for the thing. I found that shady as fuck. So, I thought I’d return the favor. I had signed up for a tag tournament in OCW. My contract was already signed, that’s what the secretary had in her possession now. For the layman, it appeared that this was a revised copy of the contract for our title match. What it was actually was a contract for the OCW tournament as my partner. I watched as he walked into the building. I finished my cigarette and took a swig of the water I had with me. Roughly five minutes later I got the message that it was done. I smiled, “Not even gonna ask me why it needed to be faxed to another number instead of just filed with us?” My smile blossomed even more, “Good girl”. I started the truck and pulled out of my parking spot, headed for home to pick up Amber for her session.

Before I got very far, my phone started ringing. The caller identification showed as “Thad” and I smiled. I picked up the call. “Are you sure you want to do this, with him?” I laughed, “I’m sure, and you know it was an opportunity for a bit of Karma that I just couldn’t pass up.” “Lord this is going to be the most dysfunctional team in the history of OCW.” I laughed, “Yeah but we put the fun, in dysfunctional”.

Fade

{Hell’s Gate Dojo - Grand Junction CO - “Chloe and Whisper”}

When I was in the area, you could often find me with a cup of Kat’s coffee on the tailgate of my truck with a cigarette. We had landed yesterday and spent the night at Kat’s place. Chloe was already inside talking to Kat and Kim, prepping her for the meeting with Whisper, who had come out to talk to me. “The number of miles you must be getting for your travels.” I chuckled, taking another drag from my smoke. “I’ve been a little busy, I’ll admit, but it’s worth it.” She smiled at me coming forward, I gave her a kiss on the cheek and a deep hug. “Thank you for taking time with Chloe. That young woman has a ton of potential.” She smiled, “And baggage, but then we all do, don’t we?” “That we do, I hope you can help her unpack all that.” I crushed out the cigarette under my boot. “What’s on your mind, Mother of Archangels?”

“I’m worried that you are spreading yourself too thin.” I nodded, “Yes, yes I have. I’m going to start slowing down soon. Bring it back down to this side of chaotic.” She nodded, “probably a good idea, can’t have you burning yourself out.” I nodded in return, I knew this was always a risk when you’re working this much. “I know the dangers, no doubt about that, sometimes I ignore them because people need to be dealt with. Far too many to be dealt with in the season of settling scores.” She studied me for a moment, “It can be dealt with in more than one season you know?” I cracked a smile, “Yes Mother of Archangels, thy will shall be done.” In true Hell’s Gate fashion she slapped me in the back of the head. That moment caused me to laugh out loud. “That’s fair and deserved.” She nodded at me with a small smile, “I’m glad you agree. You are my Archangel of Violence and you wear it well, Mac. Now I need to go talk to our guest.” I smiled back at her, “I hope you are able to help her.” She raised her hand up with the thumbs up, “I’ve not met one yet that I haven’t been able to.”

She stopped at the door as she was reaching for the handle. “You’re a good man, Mac, don’t worry so much about people and what they think.” I nodded, “I know, but these kids are killing my reputation as a bastard.” That’s when I got a genuine laugh from Whisper. “You and Amber both think you’re terrible people, thankfully neither of you is correct.” I shot an eyebrow up causing her to laugh again. “You can argue with me if you want, I can’t prevent that, nor can I make you right either.” I shook my head as I laughed. I started to say something in response but she had ducked inside before I could make my retort. “I guess that means we’re on the right path then.” I finished my cup of coffee and had another cigarette and sat comfortably on the tailgate of the truck. I leaned forward, talking to myself. “What’s the plan, Mac?” I smirked at my internal commentary coming out in the open. “Well Mac, the plan is we start with the legs and ankles. The last time, he beat you with a roundhouse kick. That bird won’t be able to kick if he can’t fucking walk. It really is as simple as that.”

I nodded my head, agreeing with myself. “I’m ready, the work I’ve put in with Kim and my old teacher. It’s a difference maker, a game changer if you will. The manipulation of ligaments and joints, if applied correctly. That’s the edge I need right there, I can do this, I don’t need anyone's help inside that ring to get this done. I love my friends and my family but this one is on me. This is something I have to do for myself. No one else can do it for me. I’ve already gotten a small measure of revenge on him. He mistakenly thinks I’ve already taken a pound of flesh for his inaction. I told him we were just getting started. This could turn out to be the match that ends the war. Or just a primer for a bigger explosion.”

{The Bane Home - Las Vegas NV - “Blood and Bone”}

This would be the first time I have addressed this to the Sin City faithful. I didn’t want to discuss it because doing so gave Masque and Knox a feeling of power. That feeling would be brief, oh so brief. I stood at the microphone with the camera already recording. My red-rimmed eyes were clear for the first time in a while. My thoughts were clear and my mind was sharp. I was still very angry, angrier with a man or woman than I had been in a long long time.

“I’ve been told that I needed to learn to forgive Matt for what happened. That forgiveness is for the person who’s been injured. That the path I am headed down right now, can’t have a proper ending. That this match will only lead to more hate and more emotional suffering. Know what? I’m good with that. The best part of me has already been injured to the point that I  don’t know if she will ever wrestle again. I have faith that she will, because I know she never leaves a receipt on the table. That always gets paid in full. Many believe that I robbed the fans of a strong follow-up match. That I should have waited for the bell to begin the match. They can kiss my ass! They didn’t ride in the back of that ambulance and watch their wife die. They didn’t have to watch an EMT have to resuscitate their wife. I’ve actually had people ask me why I’m so angry. That she’s a trained professional and that all is fair in this business. Some of the more religious types asked me what would Jesus do in this scenario. I’m fairly certain he would set them both on fire and send them to hell. If any of that actually exists, I’ll find out someday I’m sure. That leads me to one of the questions he so crassly asked on social media. The question asked by Matt Knox, had I made peace with my maker.”

I looked down at my shoes, collecting myself before I continued.

” Matthew I made peace with my maker when I was nineteen years old. I get it, you are a devout catholic, you and I don’t have the same belief system. Yet when I asked him the same question, he started talking about the rapture. Not the biblical version of the rapture, but the Masque version. I digress, so here is why, at nineteen years old I become a non-believer, I joined the Navy and became a part of the construction battalion, more commonly known as Seabees. I was involved in forward operations, not an experience for the faint of heart, but we were sailors who would do anything for our country. When you are in combat, as part of a forward team, you learn the true meaning of fear. I have watched men die before my eyes. I’ve held the hand of a friend that had been shot, he died in my fucking arms. I’ve taken the lives of men who had no idea who I was or why I was there. It was at that point that I realized the human race was on its own. No God, other than a hateful, vengeful God would allow his children to destroy each other.

That is the reason I have zero fear of any man, woman, or beast on the face of this planet. Haven’t you ever wondered why I had no fear of SuMa? Speaking of him, you’re welcome. My lack of fear and his sense of superiority is what was a small part of his demise. You said on social media that you have no fear. Yes, you do, ya fucking coward, you fear Masque and the information she has been holding over your head. Furthermore, it simply reaffirms something that I said a long time ago to you. The reason that ravens follow wolves is so they can soften up the carcass for the ravens. I’ve done that twice for you over the years. First, it was Satha Tor in Carnage and SuMa here. Tor was easy, far too easy. He was an easy man to hate, all that arrogance, maybe that’s partly where you get it from. Since he was your father-in-law and all. Or, maybe, just maybe, it’s your long exposure to Tom. His arrogance, or hubris as you boys like to call it was ultimately his undoing at my hands. You got what was left over. I made that pretty easy for you, huh?

Shaking my head in disgust, I pause long enough so that my eyes become level with the camera lens. I want everyone to understand the level of anger and grief that I’ve been going through over the past three weeks.

“I know that you don’t get it. You don’t understand who I am as a person, a competitor, or as a man. What you found out the last time you saw me was just a small portion of what I’m capable of. What I did to Masque was nothing near the level of the things I’m willing to do. I know that Matthew will use against me, the confrontation with Masque, who was in my locker room without my permission. She goaded me into attacking her, and who am I to turn down the request of a lady. That I attacked a one-armed woman. I damn sure did, watching her bleed was the highlight of my fucking night. I should have done us both a favor and ended her life on the spot. That would have you let you off the hook with her and then Mr. Nixon could remain a buried speed bump in your past. I’ll be honest with you Matt, I couldn’t, I couldn’t just take the life of someone in cold blood. Although I’ve done it before, something stopped me. So, the beating I gave her was just a small part of what she deserved. Like the one that I gave you not so long ago. Your reaction to that was fucking hilarious. You had the nerve to tell people on social media that I couldn’t get the job done. You do remember that yeah? Yeah, the problem with that is like usual, you’re a fucking liar. It took the owners of this company, security, and half the roster to pull me off of you. The bell never rang for that match. It will for this one, you deserve every ounce of glass that I embed in your fucking face. Every drop of blood, every moment of anguish. You deserve so much more and this Taipei death match allows me to deliver that, in full force. Make sure that all receipts are paid in full with interest. Delivered with velocity to make sure that you don’t ever make this mistake again. Delivered without remorse, without mercy. 

I allow a small smile to come to my face, it doesn’t change the harsh look that I present to the camera. It appears more predatory than anything.

“Now having said that some might wonder if it’s all worth it, to go to this extreme to settle something? My response to that is, have you ever had someone try to take the best part of your life from you? For me, it’s worth it, I won’t speak for Matt but his opinion doesn’t fucking matter. They tried to take my hurricane from me, and I want them to understand how big a fuck up it was on their part. Matt, I want you to understand most of all, how badly you fucked up. This quit being a rivalry a long time ago. The man I once called brother, is now public enemy number one. You have graduated my man, to the on-site club. No quarter will be given and none will be accepted. This is the match to end it all. For the people that will be ordering this event or attending in person, this will not be for the faint of heart or those easily sickened by bloody displays. For everyone else, this will be your dream come true.  I’ll be trying to kill a cur dog and hes’ just going to try to survive. Considering everything that’s happened, especially recently, I wouldn’t bet on it.

After having said all that, I smirk at the camera, mostly because I know Knox hates it.

“I enjoyed your match against Max, Mister Burke is a good man. A man who’s not quite ready for primetime but he tries really hard. God loves a trier but that won’t win you a title. “God loves a trier”, has been said quite a number of times around here lately. Mostly by people who don’t know what it actually means. Being of Irish descent and having heard it most of my life from my Irish father, what it means is well you made complete and utter balls of that, didn't you!? Something for you to remember Matthew, for you and I both. We both feel guilty for what happened to Amber, even though she keeps telling me it’s not my fault. I think she would tell you that it’s not your fault either. At a very basic level, I understand why you did nothing. Unfortunately for you, my heart doesn’t buy it. So, get ready bitch, I’m going to do my best to rip your heart out of your chest. That’s what Masque tried to do to me, I want to return the favor.  I will make no other promise other than this. For every tear I’ve shed, you’re going shed one hundred. I’m going to hurt you, by the time I’m done, you’ll regret more than your life choices. That is my only prediction for this match. You will bleed, you will cry to the point that you beg me to stop kicking your ass all over that fucking ship, son. This is the version of me that Masque wanted, so this is what you get in return. This is the me you’ve never seen before, Matt, and it will be the last thing you see as I shut your eyes forever. I know you will say that these words are hollow and that I’m still the same as I’ve always been. I’m looking forward to seeing you try to test that assumption. Trying and failing, getting up and trying again and failing again. At that point, when all seems lost and you try to dig into your reserves to make a comeback, you’ll find that you have nothing left. I will have taken it all from you.”

Offline Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 03:53:32 PM »
OOC: I feel bad for even posting this, since I knew Knox wasn't going to be able to post a second.

Blood and Bone Part 2

The Response

The truth? That’s a bit awkward isn’t it Matthew, for you that is. I mean considering you’ve lied every step of the way in Sin City. Ya know, you and Masque are quite the matched set. Both liars, neither with a shred of fucking integrity. I’m not going to do the tit-for-tat thing with you, mostly because I have way more ammunition than you do. Plus I have bigger guns. Again, congratulations for defending against Max, he’s a good man with a good track record here. I have way more respect for him than I do for you. We both know he wasn’t ready for that match, he didn’t have time to prepare for it. So, keep on crowing, songbird. I hope for your sake you check your ego at the door for this one. You won’t need it. When you first arrived, yes you said you were here to help a friend. Unfortunately, you didn’t do that, mostly because you got fucking played. She’s still got her hooks in you and you’re too damn foolish to even realize it. That’s okay bubba, I’m going to help you gain clarity. I’m going to teach you a valuable lesson and then help you course correct. Excruciating pain is a most excellent teacher.

Please don’t pretend like you have a clue what Amber and I talk about in our home. She will tell you, the same thing I did previously. Unlike you, I always had my eyes on her and what was going on. See, Y’all Matt came here to protect my wife from SuMa. That’s where he thought the danger was.

He was wrong.

He’s been wrong about a great many things, especially recently. He’s spread himself too thin and all because he’s trying to outwork someone else. He’ll never achieve that but he pushes on. As far as being disappointed in me personally, I could give two shits about that. The same could be said for you. I mean, we’re talking about a man, who got married one day and cheated on his bride the next day. Always so willing to be self-destructive, a career fuck up.  You’ve sacrificed so many friendships for the sake of title belts. I know you’re bitter about a great many things. Most of all how you’re addictive personality costs you. It cost you way more than the years away from the ring, didn’t it? Yeah, I went there. Since we’re not pulling any punches and all. For the record, yes my first title reign was short in Sin City. The second was far more respectable. I put this company on my back for nearly six months and carried it. That was the end of my fourteenth reign as a world champion. I’m about to start my fifteenth. I am easily one of the most decorated champions in this company, period. So the next time you want to call me a failure, you should maybe remember that.

Your admissions are not a surprise, I knew you never gave a shit about Amber. You’ve never even taken the time to know her. Yet, you and bozo the fucking clown think she’s done? You keep speaking of her in the past tense. She’s far from done little man, and I have a feeling that after seeing your promo and how little you gave a shit….that time bomb might just blow up in your face. She’s not dead, son, quite the opposite. As for the God thing? Don’t make me laugh, I care less about your fairytales than I do about you. The rapture, makes me laugh even louder. Has she told you when yours will take place? Here’s the thing Matt, Amber made the honorable choice when she chose Cassie instead of herself. Could you make the same choice? I doubt it considering you chose to save your own skin. She’s already saved herself and never needed saving, to begin with.  You simply assumed she did, because she’s a woman. I wonder who’s more pathetic, the man who allowed his wife to make her own way? Or, the fool that didn’t believe in her or her ability. I guess whoever wins gets to write history. I’ll be honest though, I’ve already won, you just keep denying it, that’s all.

The constant, “It’s all your fault, and you’re a liar” bit gets old after a while. Especially when I’ve already proven that. I could tell you it was all my fault, and you’d believe it. I could admit to being every single thing you accuse me of and you’d believe that too. I could tell you that you are a far better champion and you’d believe that. Not that any of that is true, but you’re so fucking delusional it certainly fits your narrative. I’ve owned up to every mistake I’ve ever made and held myself accountable for them. I don’t shift the blame on others. I don’t throw shade at your friends. Like when I told Seb I didn’t want him to choose a side because of how close the two of you are. He didn’t have to say a word, I knew he had already decided your guilt. I do wonder if you have any friends left at this point. I mean you could include some of your kids in that group if it helps you to feel better. I wonder how long it will be before you abandon them…again. Must be painful for them to have grown up without their father. Sure they knew who you were but, you didn’t even take the time to know any of them until they were adults. Better late than never I suppose. But, having said all of this, you want to talk about my failures. That’s a cool story bruh, but honestly better luck next time.

One last thing, for now, I’m not only next, but I’m also last.

Fade

{Cruise boarding area - “What If?”}

The Week Before The Cruise

The first time I had contact with Tim Morrison, I was skeptical, it had happened out of the blue. A text came in asking if I had time for a conversation about my match and Matt. So, I agreed to it and he called me. “This is Mac,” I said hesitantly into the speaker of my phone. “Mr. Bane, thank you so much for taking my call.” “No problem at all, are you a journalist, your message kind of caught me flat-footed.” He chuckled, “No sir, I am not a journalist but I have some information for you that could change a great many things for both you and Knox.” I grimaced at the comment, “I see, well would you like to meet somewhere for coffee or something.” A pause on the other end, “No, well, not right now anyway. I’m on the west coast currently conducting some business, but I’ll be on that cruise.” Now it was my turn to pause. “Okay, can you at least clue me in here on what this is about?” When he responded I could almost see the smile, “Sure, a small thing…Knox thinks he committed a heinous crime against a wrestling promoter. He tried, but that promoter is not deceased…yet.”

That shocked me to my core, I know about Nixon. Matt always said he was the slimiest promoter on the west coast. That could only mean that Tim Morrison was in fact, Nixon. Unless I was completely off-base. “You still with me, big man?” That snapped me out of my reverie, “Yeah, I’m still here. That’s a bit of a shocker, to be honest. I have no reason not to believe you, but I also have no reason to believe you.” He snorted, “I can’t blame ya there. I’ll bring all the proof with me when we have that cup of coffee.” I hesitated only briefly before replying, “That sounds good, I’ll see you then.”

Present Time - Boarding The Ship

I stood in line for customs, the mass of people always spiked the temperature in a room. At least it seemed like everyone washed their ass today and no one was giving off the stench of unwashed bodies. I passed through customs without much in the way of issues with the customs officers who could be a real fucking drag sometimes. I had Vivian and Grey with me and they also passed through without an issue. The agent had even taken time with Krayon as with most people fell in love with him immediately. After clearing customs, I sat in a waiting area. It didn’t take long for the mystery man to find me. I could smell the coffee before he actually stood in front of me. He had brought a steaming cup of black coffee for me. I appreciated that, we had some time to kill before actual boarding. This was a nice public area with plenty of eyes and ears should I need witnesses. He sat a manilla folder in front of me. “Mr. Bane, please take a look at the contents inside, it’s yours to keep, so that way you have proof for Matthew.” I nodded and started looking at the contents.

A low whistle escaped me, “wow, you spent a lot of money to pull this off.” He shook his head, indicating that was not the case. “Not me, the U.S. Government, in order to not go to prison for the rest of my life, I produced evidence and helped get a business associate convicted.” I nodded, thinking, yeah this guy is a dirt bag. “I see the name, that’s an impressive collar for the men and women working that case.” He grunted in a form of agreement, “They put me in witness protection and changed my name.” I shook my head in dismay, “I know all too well how quickly they will work when there’s something for them to gain.” He nodded in agreement, “I learned a lot from this, and I know most people don’t believe that a tiger can’t change its stripes, but I’m a much different person now.” I studied him as he spoke and did not show a sign of lying. No rapid eye movement or any of the dead giveaways. “So why come on this cruise? Are you going to try and talk to Knox?” He chuckled, “No, to observe mostly. I want to see how he turned out after he left. It’s almost a fatherly type of curiosity you could say.”

I grunted in response, “I’ll take these with me, but I won’t show him this until after the cruise. I don’t want him to be distracted, I want him at his best.” He seemed to acknowledge that, “It’s rare for a competitor to not want such an obvious edge.” I nodded, “I’m a bit different than most, in a way I’m almost pulling for him to be able to survive this match with me. He and I have a lot to talk about.” He chuckled, “Yeah, I didn’t know if the information on the dirt sheets was accurate or not.” I nodded as I finished my coffee, “Unfortunately they are, I’m hoping that between the beating I’m going to give him and this information, it will turn him around. I like him better when he’s a tolerable asshole.” He laughed, “So, he probably hasn’t changed all that much is what you’re trying to say.” I winked at him, “Probably not, but you’ll get to find out for yourself soon enough.” The boarding call for the Sin City Wrestling talent was announced. “Mister Morrison, it was a pleasure to meet you.” I stood up and grabbed the folder, stuffing it in my travel bag. He nodded in response.

Fade

{Sun Princess Cruise - Poolside - “Shenanigans”}

This event had been good for my soul. The sun and the sea had always agreed with me. Even with the shark attack from earlier, or I should say the Despy attack. It had been a really fun trip so far. More importantly, it was the opportunity to close the chapter with Knox. After the shenanigans of the morning, the game of chicken in the pool, and Despy’s spirited game of “jaws” where he bit me in the pool. Of course, with Despy the only thing that was really hurt was my pride. There was a little bruising on my right butt cheek, hence the reason I was slightly tilted at the moment, with an icepack under my right cheek. I was the only one at the bar currently. Sipping on my scotch, then Angel, Despy’s teddy bear, and protector was there next to me. That startled me and I jumped a bit, “What the…oh…hi Angel, you scared me half to death.” I said chuckling. I know he’s a teddy bear but I would swear there was a smile where there hadn’t been one before. I could hear laughter and commentary from my friends as they were retelling the Despy incident. It was funny, I won’t lie, so I smiled. “I’m glad they enjoyed that,” I said to no one in particular, “even if it was at my expense.” When I looked back to my left, Angel was gone but there were two different kinds of shaving cream sitting on the bar along with a feather? I started laughing when I saw it, I knew what the intent was there. Angel encourages retribution on his little buddy. There was also a note:

Mac, Despy is a deep sleeper

I looked around and saw Angel in a chair beside Despy, who I could hear sawing some serious logs as he snored. “Ah, what’s a man to do,” I chuckled in response to the scene before me. Sitting at a nearby table Vivian, and her husband chuckled. He had been relaying what he was seeing as her service dog, Krayon lay in the shade, perfectly content. Vivian, “Get ‘em back, Mac.” I laughed, gathering up the materials I walked over to the chair that Angel was sitting in, and then knelt down between him and Despy. First was the eyebrows. For this, I used the shaving gell. I painted his eyebrows with a nice healthy dose. He slept kind of halfway on his side with his right hand open as he snoozed. That’s where the foam shaving cream came into play. I filled his right hand with the shaving cream. A crowd had quietly gathered around me as I picked up the feather. Snickering could be heard all around me as I tickled his forehead first. He turned his head to the other side, mumbling something about sprinkles. Then I used the feather to tickle his nose and that worked perfectly. Despy brought his right hand up to his face and began rubbing, activating the shaving gell on his eyebrows as well.

He sat straight up, looking like someone had smashed him in the face with a shaving cream pie! He looked around and saw me holding the feather and laughing. “That was not nice, Mac.” I looked over at Angel and then back at Despy. Pretty soon, he started laughing with me and Angel. I handed him a hand towel that I had brought with me. He looked at me as he was cleaning his face off, “Even?” I winked at him, and gave him a fist bump, “Even” I declared. I tussled his hair as I made my way back to the bar, where a fresh scotch waited on me. “Courtesy of Miss Vivian,” The bartender stated in amusement. I smiled and yelled over, “Thanks, Viv!” She was still laughing at our childish pranks, laughing so hard that she still had fresh tears rolling down her face. Her husband raised his glass in salute, “Well played sir.” I raised mine in response, “I learned from the best.” He nodded, “I think I’m probably sitting with her.” I laughed in response, “Yes sir you are absolutely correct.”

Fade

Blood and Bone Part 2

Being at sea, it’s my sweet spot and always has been. It helps me to find my center, and allow the frustrations to leave my body and head on out to sea. It never fails to allow me to be able to smile, regardless of events. The last time Matt and I met, he called my friends and my family “B” players. Ken and I had a good laugh over that when he said it.

Poor Matthew, you talk like you’re going to just walk right through me. You really believe that in your heart of hearts. I’m glad you are oozing confidence but remember this, you’re fucked if you believe your own hype. You see, you think you will no longer be relevant if you lose the title. Your words, not mine. My relevance doesn’t begin or end with a title belt around my waist. I made that title relevant because it hadn’t been since I lost it the first time. I am glad you got that title defense in, being a transitional champion ain’t so bad…is it? I guess you’ll get to find out firsthand. Your title reign, relevance, and career all end with me. You’ve never seen me this way before, so you haven’t figured out that the game has changed. Do you remember what I did to your ex-father-in-law? That wasn’t even where I am at now. You act like all this rage is because you caught me in a lie. Not even close, not only because I didn’t lie but because you and clown-girl tried to take something from me that has more value than any title could.

Still, at peace and in control I smile at the camera. Shooting this on the deck of the cruise ship was a good idea. Every once in a while someone would chime in or wave at the camera from behind my back.

Thowing casual insults at my friends and family, well that’s just lame dude. This collection of talent? All former world champions. They are “B” Players though, right?

Fucking moron.

What can I do though, you have your opinion and everyone else has theirs. Yours doesn’t line up with theirs, not in the slightest. In your mind, you are the only one that is right in this equation. No one can tell you anything because you listen to respond. You’ve never listened to hear what is said. It’s almost as if you have a script running in your head and you just change out the names as you move along. Never quite evolving, spiraling downward, out of control, and out of options. The puppet master has you and refuses to cut the strings until you fulfill her demands. You’ll never be able to fulfill what she wants, not until you’ve died at her hands. You don’t really believe that Amber was her only target here, do you? You tried to manipulate that monster and she fucking gored you. She’s got you by the shorthairs and the balls at the same time. All because you decided to play a game you could never hope to win. I know that some women want the knight in shining armor to show up and save them from the dragon. Problem is, you’re an idiot in tinfoil riding a broken-down old bike that barely starts. Hell, it probably would have died last year if we hadn’t worked on it.

Shaking my head, I sigh in disgust.

As I mentioned previously, my attack on Masque…I’m not proud of that. Hindsight being twenty-twenty, I should have helped her achieve the status of “Un-Alive” and saved us all a lot of trouble. I can’t go back and change that just like you can’t change the fact that she’s got dirt on you. Dirt, so damning that you would be willing to betray a friend. I know this is all information that I’ve shared before, but I do so for a reason. It’s the reiterate how much of a bastard you really are. The problem is that I can be just as big a bastard. You’ll get to experience just how vile a human being I am when the bell rings. Once the wraps are in place and we’ve dipped our fists into the broken glass. That is when all pretense of being human disappears, Matt. That is when the animal that hasn’t been seen in over a decade.

I hold up the wraps that were chosen for me, making sure that the sliver of metal that had been dug out of Amber’s shoulder was visible.

One year ago, I fought Mark Cross in a title versus title match on this cruise. That title win meant so much to me.  I knew I had his number before I stepped into the ring with him. I had everything going in my favor. The fans, my wife, just everything. The thing that spurred me on the most was the fact that no one thought I had a chance in that match. Much like now, they won’t say it to my face, but like you, they believe the rage has consumed me. Like you, they believe that I won’t be able to function because of how angry I am. Most importantly, like you, they’ve written me off.

I chuckle softly at the camera and smile a genuine smile.

I’ve been told my entire career that I didn’t belong in this sport. My own father said I would never amount to anything other than a curtain jerker. In my very first title match, the commentary team said that I was out of my league going up against a guy that was a proven star in the business. I was never supposed to win the first world title, let alone thirteen others. Something else that was supposedly out of my league. Well, I should say someone, and that person is Amber. No one believed our relationship would make it past one year together. We’ve been defying the odds ever since. It really pisses people off to be wrong, ever noticed that? I know you have and I also know that you and I are more similar than different. We’ve known it for a long time. I know you said that you and I were never friends, but I also know that’s not true. I get it, you were trying to get under my skin. I’m not gonna lie, it did bother me for a great many reasons. That also was a lie, Matthew. You know how I know it was a lie? Your lips were moving.

I allow my smile to broaden, I just can’t help it, I’ve been waiting for a while to take this approach with Knox. He’ll hate me, but not as much as once we’ve stepped into the ring.

There will be blood in the water and blood on my hands. It will be yours and mine. If you can weather the storm, you’ve got a shot. The emotions are raw, as will be the skin on your face and back. Neither of us will be the same, for good or ill time will tell. I know how good you are Matthew, I’ve never doubted that for a minute. This match, which I didn’t want to be for the title you won. This is a beast of a different nature. There’s a reason that promoters started calling me the one-man wrecking crew. I used to bust up stables, just like the one I have going now. I won’t be wrecking The Saviors, but you…I’m going to destroy you, Matt. It seems that is the only way for you to correct your course. It won’t be painless, nor will it be pleasant. It damn sure won’t be quick. It will be the stuff of nightmares.