Author Topic: ENDEAVOR XLII  (Read 706 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR XLII
« on: June 24, 2022, 11:46:49 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 19 al 26 de junio de 2022

So, here’s a fun fact for you: 2022 makes it 13 years of wrestling for me, nine of them here in Sin City Wrestling. I’ve held 25 championships total in six different promotions. More than half of those championships I’ve won right here in SCDub. I guess you can say wherever I am, success always seems to follow, no?

The trials, the triumphs, the injuries, the roadblocks…they were all worthwhile because it made me the person I am today. No matter what happens this point on in my career, no matter what anyone says about me - behind my back, to my face, or in front of a camera - I’m not better than anyone else, but nobody is better than me. Nobody. See, because, everyone knows exactly who Mercedes Vargas is. They know that I'm not going to back down from anything or anyone. They know that I'm the most hated woman in the Bombshells division. My reputation precedes me. My time will come to fight for a championship, and you can bet that I'll be champion once again. When I'm ready, I'm going to be coming back for the Bombshell Roulette Championship, and I plan on walking out of Summer XXXTreme the next champion.

So last week I had to face the wife of an SCW Hall of Famer. This week, I have to face the wife of an SCW Hall of Famer.

Life is crazy sometimes.

Anyway, Melissa is just getting into the wrestling business and if she had to be trained by somebody, you can’t go wrong with Goth. There’s a reason why he’s a bonafied legend in the AWA and SCW. He is THAT good. Will that translate to instant success for Melissa in the Bombshells Division, time will tell. But she’s off to a good start. She didn't do too bad in her last matches, which explains why she’s still undefeated. I think she's in way over head this time around and maybe she knows this too. She's not gonna stumble across a couple of warmup acts this weekend. She's coming up against a multiple-time champion, someone who is pretty much used to the pressure, someone who knows how to pick apart an opponent not on their game and make them pay for it. To be honest, I almost feel sorry for Melissa. Almost because this is the first time she is not favored to win a match. She’s now the underdog having to overcome the odds, and the odds won’t be in her favor.

But maybe luck smiles on her Sunday. I want Melissa to try her luck, see what happens, because to get past me takes a little bit of luck and a whole lot of talent. Every woman worth their salt knows that while I love to talk, I can back it up. Melissa has backed her words before, so I hope she backs up those words one more time because other than pointing out my championships and accomplishments every chance I get, there's nothing I enjoy more than proving people wrong. I’ve been doing that for nearly a decade. Pretty sure no one can argue against that track record.

Why have I been so successful for so long? Because experience tells you what to do, confidence allows you to do it.

Someday, you'll understand.

I’m a magician. I cut Ms. Jon down to size, I made Alicia Lukas’ undefeated streak disappear, and I didn’t need nine lives to beat The Cat.

For my next trick: I’m going to tame The Lioness.

Say abracadabra!

~~~

L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

[There is no such thing as a working vacation, at the very least, a working vacation where one actually gets to enjoy time off. For Mercedes Vargas, finding out that the next Climax Control was returning to Arizona was, to put it mildly, a godsend. Short trips are always a good thing. Here Mercedes spends an afternoon at Madame Monsieur, a sidewalk bakery and cafe on a busy Downtown Los Angeles street with modest tourists, Mercedes is finding the perfect opportunity to finish up the Sunday's Los Angeles Times crossword.]

MERCEDES: I’m not buying that you think you know me better than I know you, Richie.

[Ricardo sits across from her, seemingly enjoying the challenge.]

RICARDO: I’m buying, and I have a bridge to sell you. I know that you indulge in Wheat Thins. What’s that about?

[Mercedes fills in a clue to one question before looking up to answer.]

MERCEDES: Not impressed. Everyone knows that I enjoy Wheat Thins. What else you got?

RICARDO: You do crosswords in pen - blue ink.

MERCEDES: That’s too easy.

RICARDO: You never had a wrestling match on your birthday, and you drink Shirley Temples or Pina coladas.

MERCEDES: Are you psychic?1

RICARDO: I might be. You went shopping today, right?

MERCEDES: Yeah, and?

RICARDO: Made out a grocery list?

MERCEDES: Uh-huh.

RICARDO: Probably went straight to the express lane - 20 items or less?

MERCEDES: Oh, you’re good. Next thing you’re going to tell me is you know everything on my list.

RICARDO: $10 says I can name five.

MERCEDES: How many chances do you want?

RICARDO: Three guesses.

[Mercedes thinks about it, then smiles. She reaches out to shake Ricardo’s hand.]

MERCEDES: Deal.

RICARDO: Grapes.

MERCEDES: Yes.

RICARDO: Greek yogurt.

MERCEDES: Yes.

RICARDO: Colombian coffee

MERCEDES: Three out of three.

RICARDO: Duct tape.

[Mercedes nods, holding up four fingers as well.]

MERCEDES: And the last thing?

RICARDO: Orange juice.

MERCEDES: Wrong. I didn’t buy orange juice. I win!

RICARDO: I got two chances left.

[Mercedes’ face is crestfallen.]

RICARDO: Pineapple juice.

[Ricardo holds out his hand.]

MERCEDES: Singles, fives, or a ten?

RICARDO: Thanks for playing.

~~~

Present Day ♦ L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

“Happy first week of Summer!”

[Our scene opens where Mercedes Vargas is seen in the backyard of her residence relaxing in a hammock while eating an apple and enjoying the pristine weather that only Southern California can provide. For a moment, the two-time SCW Hall of Famer sits up and positions herself to address the camera.]

“It’s that time again for sand, surf, and sun. I don’t think you would see much of that in Arizona, though. I, for one, can't wait for Climax Control and my match with Melissa. Hopefully, I can continue my winning streak, though, but I have a sneaky feeling I’m going to have my work cut out for me Sunday.

“Oh, and speaking of Sunday…”

[Mercedes quickly holds up an index finger in a wait-a-minute gesture.]

“Is it me, or does anyone else find it strange that three of the four women in the Ultimate X Over the Pool match at Summer XXXTreme in three weeks also compete this weekend at the go-home show? Kat Jones, our reigning and defending Bombshell Roulette Champion, faces the Bombshell Internet Champion Masque de Lune in a non-title main event. Hey, I’m all for it. Everybody here and around the world is ready to see it. If I had to pick a winner, I hate to say it, but there’s a reason why Masque is undefeated in singles matches. I don’t think that’s going to end this weekend.”

[Mercedes shrugs.]

“Sorry, not sorry.”

[There’s a chance Kat could be upset seeing this - not that Mercedes cared or anything, or even that Kat wouldn’t be upset or cared either way - but the Argentine stood by her prediction. Nonetheless, Mercedes had her own match to worry about.]

“As for me and Melissa? I can see why we’re going to open the show, and it’s not because she’s just the newcomer or that Jessie Salco was given the night off. It’s because everyone else on the card will have to follow what we do on Sunday because our match will steal the show.

“They say you're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose. You're only as good as your last match. Melissa, I was seemingly impressed by your recent victories - sure, they were against Chloe and Ariana, not exactly what I call competition, but impressive nonetheless. You have a bright future and endless potential. But then again, I seem to be a broken record these days because I often say that a lot to the fresh-faced newcomers that walk through these hollow doors. Most of the opponents I’ve faced are either injured, retired or have since left the company and the rare few aren't in the company long enough to realize their true potential, and that's a shame.”

[Clicking her tongue partly out of dismay and partly out of the sheer wonder of it all, Mercedes' smile faded as she briefly shakes her head, a look of disappointment is there too.]

“It’s a good thing you beat Ariana to qualify for the Ultimate X match at Summer XXXTreme because I don’t think your ego would take it if you had to face Jessie Salco in your pay-per-view debut. It’s not the first time Jessie has punched above her weight but I’m pretty sure you would enjoy crushing her like a bug than having to beat three other women in your first title match.

“I don’t say this often to many people, but Melissa, I respect you, I respect your fiancé, I respect your journey, but make no mistake about it, I’m a killer. I don’t need to say it, I do it. So my question is before you have to step in the ring with me how are you enjoying your fifteen seconds of fame? Because you just went from the shallow end of the pool to the great big ocean. Talk about pressure!”

[Mercedes wipes her forehead.]

“You must be really good if you were handpicked by Christian Underwood to face me. But understand Melissa that I am the ultimate veteran. I’ve seen it all, I’ve done it all. If you are going to beat me, I'm going to make you earn it, mamita. And there's no limits to the lengths and depths I will go to bring the fight to you. So I hope you bring everything you got. Anything less, and you can say bye-bye to your undefeated streak.”

[She offers a finger-wave.]

"I don't wrestle, I slay. My checklist is proof of that. Maybe you’ve heard of it. Don’t worry, your name will be part of it soon."

[Mercedes angles her head to one side as her arrogance shines through. A small smile turns into a satisfying grin. Mercedes was always told to err on the side of caution, but such advice meant little to her. Murphy's Law has a funny way of ruining plans - even the best laid plans - but there's just no way she could mess this up, right?]

“Just remember one thing: I'm not in that ring with you, you're in that ring with me.”

[For a moment the smile returns to her face while running her fingers through her hair.]

“See you Sunday.”

[With that, the scene fades on Mercedes' confident smirk before she offers a heart gesture with her hands before breaking it in two.]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:50:37 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)