Author Topic: “The Greek Angel’s Going for Gold!”  (Read 717 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“The Greek Angel’s Going for Gold!”
« on: June 16, 2022, 08:19:39 AM »
(Carter was used with permission from Chris)

Ariana would lose her match to Kayla Richards and after two weeks of watching her close friend Krystal Wolfe go through two brutal back to back matches, including one for the Bombshell Roulette Championship in which she came up short, Ariana was back in action in a big way! The Qualifiers for the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match at Summer XXXTreme X had started and the Bombshell Match was shaping up nicely with Kayla and Mercedes Vargas having already qualified, Ariana was getting her chance to win the first singles gold of her career by competing in a Roulette Rules Qualifier Match but there was one problem.

Namely? Her opponent! Ariana’s opponent for the Amazonian newcomer to SCW who happened to be Goth’s fiancé Melissa, a rookie who had proven to be a natural in the ring having won her debut match against Chloe Benton! However, Ariana was a different beast from Chloe, not only having three years of wrestling experience under her belt but being a two time Pride Tag Team Champion on top of that! Can Ariana get the win?

Backstage at Climax Control 333, Phoenix, Arizona
Sunday the 12th of June 2022, 19:00pm

I really don’t want to rub this in her face.

But on the other hand, Krystal had made some really questionable decisions this week and all because she had been booked in her first title match since losing the Bombshell Roulette Title to Keira back in March, and yeah there was some irony in the fact that the Roulette Wheel landed on Stretcher Match for the match between Kat and Krystal considering that one of the first things she did upon learning of her title match was to check herself out of hospital.

I know Krystal says that fate has a funny sense of humour due to her messed up childhood but in this case? I have to agree with her as it relates to her latest title match.

”I’ll give you credit Krystal, you fought like a lioness out there.” I commented as I entered the medics office where Krystal was being checked out and the Aussie grinned when she saw me. ”A wounded lioness but a lioness none the less.”

”It’s like I said in my interview with Rocky, a wounded animal’s just more dangerous.” Krystal nodded in agreement as the medic checked her over and I entered the office. ”But even I knew that I was fighting an uphill battle, thanks to my injured ribs it took a bit more power than usual to get Kat up for the Down Under Thunderbomb and that’s just one example! But in the end, Kat retained.” Krystal sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. ”At least we know that Kat will have a tough time at the Supercard.”

”So far her challengers are Kayla Richards and Mercedes Vargas, you know full well how tough Mercedes is and Kayla proved that there wasn’t a line she wasn’t willing to cross to get a title in her qualifier against Levana.” I commented with a nod before I glanced around. ”Guessing they took Levana to a local hospital?”

”Her leg was too fucked up to be properly treated here, she wasn’t even here when I was brought in to be checked over.” Krystal sighed as she folded her arms. ”As for me, well aside from the obvious carry overs from last week’s match against Diamond I should be good to go if the doc’s comments are any indication, some of the impacts I took hurt like a bitch thanks to my ribs but they didn’t take too much damage.”

”With any luck you’ll be fighting fit for Summer XXXTreme Cruise and the Cannabis Cup.” I responded before we got the new card text and we checked it. ”Jessie’s facing Alicia’s sister in her debut match.”

”Just saw that, she’ll have a fight on her hands with Zoey.” Krystal nodded in agreement before we scrolled down. ”And you’ve got the last Bombshell Qualifier.”

”Yeah, against Goth’s fiancé Melissa.” I commented before checking out the rest of the card and pocketing the phone. ”Don’t really know what to make of Melissa, she was impressive against Chloe last week and it’s obvious that Goth’s trained her well but her personality is hard one to read.”

”From what I saw of her confrontation with Jessie earlier tonight, she has a temper almost a mile long, combine that with her size and power and she’ll be a handful.” Krystal nodded in agreement before the medic gave her the all-clear and she stood up. ”Remember this time last year when you were on the side-lines cheering me on as I went into my second and third defences?” Krystal asked as she walked up to me and I nodded.

”Yeah, first against Maki and then against Bea and Maki in last year’s Ultimate X Match.” I nodded before it hit me. ”You think the roles are going to be reversed don’t you? You realize I have to beat Melissa to even get in the match to begin with, right?”

”Look, if anyone can hand Melissa her first defeat it’s you, she’s big and powerful but Melissa has literally just started wrestling, you may be new to the SCW roster but thanks to your time in SCU you have just under three years of experience under your belt.” Krystal reminded me and I had to admit, what she was saying made sense, I certainly remember making a lot of mistakes when I was in my rookie year. ”Besides, Kayla’s qualifier gave you extra motivation to qualify for the match.”

”Avenging Levana, on top of avenging my defeat at the King for a Day Show.” I nodded as I got the idea before stepping aside to let Krystal out of the medic’s office and Krystal swiftly left the office. ”Even with that in mind, there’s still the issue of Melissa’s power to overcome, as a high flyer I’m at a serious disadvantage over a power based wrestler like her.”

”Trust me Ari, as a power based wrestler myself, I get where you’re coming from.” Krystal nodded sympathetically as she turned to me. ”But she can’t slam you through the matt if she can’t catch you.”

”True, my best bet is to play cat and mouse with Melissa until I can score the pin.” I added as I ran up to Krystal and we walked towards the parking lot. ”So what’s the plan for the week? You know they still won’t let you in at the Go Gym right?”

”I learned that lesson the hard way during the week,” Krystal sighed as she glanced over at me. ”My stitches are coming out on Wednesday, remind me to thank Kat for not reopening the wounds, aside from that? I’ll be taking it easy at home! What about you> I’m guessing training at the Go Gym is on the cards?”

”That and filming videos for Recipe 4 Disaster.” I nodded in response and Krystal grinned. ”When I’m not spending time with Francisco off course.”

”He’s a sweet, good looking guy, you’ve got yourself a real catch there Ari.” Krystal responded with a grin and I responded with a massive grin of my own. ”God fucking knows that aren’t enough of them in the world.”

”Tell me about it! And men wonder why the majority of women in this sport are either gay or swing both ways!” I commented as I shook my head and Krystal gave me a knowing grin. ”Present company included off course!”

”Don’t worry about the lesbian jokes, heard them all when I proposed to Makayla, got kinda sick of correcting everyone that I wasn’t a lesbian myself after a while.” Krystal admitted with a dry chuckle as we approached the parking lot. ”See you during the week Ari.”

”See ya.” I responded before we went our separate ways and drove off.

Ari’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 13th of June 2022, 14:00pm

I’ve missed being at home.

Sure, I mentioned before that SCW’s tour of Greece was one of the best times in my career if not life but there’s still no place like home, especially when I’ve got episodes of Recipe 4 Disaster to record and well, I’ve got a confession about that.

See, I’m fully aware of my reputation as a terrible cook, those who feel charitable about it say that my ideas are unique and one of a kind but they are in the extreme minority! But thing is, I can cook! I learned how to cook from my mom and let me tell you, Greek moms are almost as good as Italian nonnas when it comes to teaching people how to cook! I’ve mentioned before that I haven’t been on speaking terms with my mom since she and my dad disowned me but that hasn’t stopped me from keeping the knowledge she gave me, knowledge that was later refined when I worked in the Gold Coast’s kitchen for a few months before the pandemic hit.

So why the wild recipes? The titular Recipes 4 Disaster as it were? Simple, I do upload regular cooking videos to my channel, but the truth is, the Recipes 4 Disaster videos are the ones that bring in the most views and ad revenue, that’s not to say the normal food videos do badly, but there’s a severe drop in views when I upload videos of me cooking normally.

Then again, Francisco has a way of attracting viewers to both videos so I’ll just feature him more often to even things out!

”Okay, looks like I have a new Patreon request coming in.” I commented to myself as worked away at my computer, in between all that I had been doing some background on Melissa, I knew she was a former kick boxer and that she respectful towards Chloe in her debut but honestly? I had a suspicion that there more to this woman that met the eye, maybe in the same way as Krystal. ”Call out Uncle Roger by doing an authentic Egg Fried Rice video, that can only mean one thing.”

”Sourcing out Asian ingredients?” I glanced up and grinned when I saw Francisco walking up to me, I greeted him with a kiss once he was close enough before turning my attention back to the laptop. ”I mean, he already reacted to your first attempt,”

”I didn’t think anyone could make him put his leg down faster than Jamie Oliver but here we are.” I responded with a grin before thinking for a minute. ”Okay, we need rice that’s at least a day old, eggs, Sambal, Fish Sauce, MSG, a new wok because the old one needs replacing, a rice cooker preferably the kind Uncle Roger used in his Egg Fried Rice video and Spring onions, the food shouldn’t be that hard to acquire but the equipment?”

”If all else fails, Amazon should help you there.” Francisco pointed out and I nodded in agreement. ”I heard you watching the match between Chloe and Melissa earlier, scouting your opponent?”

”I didn’t have much to go on based on her appearances on Climax Control and Underground so I figured her debut match and promo would be my best start.” I nodded in response before I shifted my weight. ”As a person, Melissa’s complex, she was respectful towards Chloe, probably her most respectful opponent Adrienne Beaufort faced Chloe in their mutual debut match, but their seemed to be more under the surface and the short temper that she displayed on Climax Control last Sunday just reaffirmed that.”

”Yeah, she definitely has the temper to match her size.” Francisco nodded in agreement before folding his arms. ”But what about her in the ring?”

”For starters, I think Chloe had the right idea, use her speed to keep Melissa off balance as she went for pin after pin, she just lacked the experience to take full advantage of that which cost her in the end which won’t be a mistake I’ll repeat this Sunday.” I explained as I folded my arms. ”As for Melissa herself? It’s obvious that Goth did an excellent job training her, to the point where I’d say he could give Gabriel and Odette a run for their money if he ever decided to open a full time school.”

”Based on what I saw of her debut? I have to agree.” Francisco nodded as I thought of Melissa’s debut match. ”But how can you beat her?”

”In a regular match I could just take Chloe’s tactics and finish the job, as I said, she had the right idea but her inexperience let her down, I’ve been wrestling for three years now, the balls in my court.” I responded before frowning. ”But the Roulette Wheel presents the biggest challenge, that was demonstrated last Sunday with the sheer variety of match types in the Roulette Rules division, for all I know it could land on something that neutralizes my speed advantage.”

”Let’s hope that it doesn’t come to that but the Roulette Wheel can be unforgiving.” Francisco nodded in response before motioning to my laptop. ”So, shall we do the research for the Egg Fried Rice video?”

”Let’s!” I responded with a grin before I turned to my laptop.

Go Gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 15th of June 2022, 15:00pm

Krystal hasn’t been allowed in the Go Gym since she checked herself out of hospital (and likely won’t be allowed back in until after she’s medically cleared) so things have been quiet for me.

To be honest at the Go Gym Krystal is my favourite sparring partner, anyone who saw our match on Underground a while back knows that in the ring we go to together like Peanut Butter and Jelly, and since Adrienne hasn’t really been seen in the Go Gym since she left SCW during the Greece Lightning Tour my pickings for female sparring partners have been sparse, the ones I get on with anyway.

Oh sure, there’s Tempest, but our sparring sessions usually boil down to “Tempest throwing me around the ring for a while”.

I was busy getting some workouts done on one of the rowing machines when I spotted my bestie walking up to me with a big grin on his face.

”Bestie!” I greeted Carter with a massive grin on my face before I got up from the rowing machine and hugged him. ”How goes my favourite Underground Champion?”

”Ahh, you know, the usual! Preparing for my next defence, thinking of new ways to be sassy online and daydreaming about certain male members of the SCW roster not named Matthew “The Raven” Knox!” Carter responded with a grin as he returned the hug before we broke it off. ”Have you heard from Krystal?”

”She told me yesterday that she and Makayla were having Jessie, Jake and Shane over for dinner, probably as thanks for letting her host her promo for the title match against Kat last week.” I responded with a shrug as I leaned against the rowing machine. ”Aside from that? I know she’s having her stitches removed today, she didn’t say what time but she did say that she’ll tweet when she’s out of the hospital.”

”And let us hope that she doesn’t let herself out prematurely!” Carter joked and I shook my head with a chuckle, we probably weren’t going to let Krystal hear the end of that until the end of the cycle at the very least. ”Are you ready for your first Roulette Rules match?”

”I don’t think anyone’s truly ready for those types of matches, owing to the random nature of them and all.” I explained to Carter and he nodded in agreement. ”I was one of Krystal’s main supporters during her year long reign and that saw every crazy stipulation under the sun! Throw in the fact that I’m facing a former kickboxer who was trained by a Hall of Famer, say what you will about Goth but he’s clearly done an excellent job training her.”

”True but her only opposition so far has been Chloe Benton, Chloe’s a sweetheart but let’s face it, at her current level she couldn’t hurt a fly.” Carter pointed out and I had to admit that he was right. ”You’re a former Tag Team Champion and a wrestler with three years of experience under your belt! You’ve got this babe!”

”Knew I could count on you for a vote of confidence bestie!” I responded with a grin before stretching my arms for a bit. ”I’d better get back to my workout, but we should get together after the gym closes so we can discuss Recipe 4 Disaster ideas.”

”Look forward to it, just don’t make me taste it.” Carter responded with a grin before we went our separate ways.

Calico Basin Trail, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 16th of June 2022, 09:00am

*promo time*

Yes I’m doing my promo on a hike, why? Why not?

”My roller-coaster of an SCW career continued when Kayla Richards got the win over me but my next match presents an opportunity for me to bounce back and avenge that loss! In case you haven’t heard, Kayla joined Mercedes Vargas and the reigning champion Kat Jones as the women competing in this year’s Bombshell Ultimate X Over the Pool Match at Summer XXXTreme X but there’s one last slot left to fill in that match and I’m competing for a chance to fill that slot! So, who’s my competition? Someone who’s just made her debut but has been causing a splash if you pardon the pun, Goth’s fiancé Melissa!”

This will be good.

”Melissa, I’ll give you credit for an impressive debut against Chloe Benton, but you need to understand one thing heading into this match, I’m not Chloe Benton! I’m a two time Pride Tag Team Champion, I’ve been wrestling for three years and I’m a graduate of the world famous Go Gym! I’m someone who you can’t just push around like you did to Chloe two weeks ago, I can and will put up a much better fight than she did! Chloe, if you’re watching this, I’m sorry if this is hurting your feelings and your self-esteem but I’m just telling it how it is daring, no offence intended! But the thing is Melissa is that I think you know that already!”

Anyway…….

”Why do I say that Melissa? I watched your debut promo and I know you were respectful towards Chloe and I suspect that the same will apply to me, but I’ve been doing this long enough to know that respect can only take you so far in the wrestling business and that won’t matter much once that bell rings and our Roulette Rules Match starts! Saying that though? I know as well as anyone that the Roulette Wheel can be an unforgiving mistress.”

How so?

”I know you’ve only been in SCW for two weeks tops Melissa but surely your familiar with you co-workers, in this case I’m talking about my fellow Go Gym Graduate Krystal Wolfe! Krystal may have unsuccessfully challenged for the Bombshell Roulette Title last week but she is the longest reigning Bombshell Roulette Champion and the one with the most defences to date! And guess who was at her side during that year long reign? Yours truly, you see Krystal’s a very good friend of mine and I watched her go through every Roulette Rules Match that wasn’t a Black Friday Brawl and I know from first-hand experience that the wheel can either benefit the competitors or hinder them in equal measure!”

And we’re no different.

”So, what do I hope for from the Roulette Wheel? Simple, anything that benefits my high flying style in the ring because I know that if the wheel stops on anything that benefits a former kickboxer like yourself then this uphill battle will become an up mountain battle because you’ll clearly have a huge advantage over me in that type of match! But at the same time, it can land on something that benefits neither of us which will mean one thing.”

Adapt.

”Either we adapt and thrive or get stepped over, in that scenario there isn’t really any middle ground between us! Because personally speaking Melissa, I’m willing to take anything the wheel throws at us on route to my first ever title match in SCW and if you want to have a chance to get in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match at Summer XXXTReme then you have to prove to everyone that you are willing to do the same but can you?”

That’s the big question.

”You may be a natural in the ring Melissa but you are still new to the wrestling business and the bosses have thrown you into the preverbal deep-end by putting you in a Roulette Rules Match for your second ever match! Heck, this is my first Roulette Rules Match after three years of wrestling experience and I’m nervous as heck so I can only imagine what’s going through your mind Melissa but it’s up to us to show the world that we belong in that Ultimate X Match at Summer XXXTreme but it’ll ultimately be me that comes out on top.”

I spotted a fairly large hill just ahead of me on the trail and without a second thought I started climbing it making sure to show the hill on camera first, once I was atop it I continued.

”There’s a reason why I dropped everything to climb up that hill Melissa, to show that I can win an uphill battle! Sure, that was taking the phrase a little bit literally but I think it got the point across nicely in my opinion! This hill represents the battle I face when we meet up on Sunday at Climax Control 334 in this Roulette Rules Qualifier Melissa, and if I can overcome you just as easily as I overcame this hill then that slot in the Ultimate X Over the Pool Match is as good as mine!”

It's that simple.

”Melissa, you have the power and kickboxing experience, I have the speed and the wrestling experience, at the end of the day? Something will have to give, won’t it Melissa? You’re a talented kickboxer and a natural in the wrestling ring Melissa but that won’t amount to much if you can’t catch me with your power or your kicks and no amount of training from Goth can prepare you for your first loss!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”And it’ll fall to me to hand you your first defeat because The Greek Angel’s Going for Gold! Off course I realize that winning this match will just be the first step towards that goal and that I will face some stiff competition on that cruise ship if I want to win my first title in SCW but I’ve won gold before and I can do it again! Regardless of what that wheel stops on Melissa you will bear witness to the grace of the Angel’s Descent courtesy of the “The Greek Angel” Ariana Angelos! See you in the ring!”

I continued my hike as the scene fades!