Author Topic: We've Been Here Before  (Read 620 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
We've Been Here Before
« on: June 03, 2022, 11:52:18 PM »
We’ve Been Here Before

It has been an interesting set of weeks to say the least, following his victory in Athens at Into the Void, the news dropped about his former classmate sadly having a fatal accident. Now it was no secret that this had only fueled the match that he was heading into after this in Hawaii.

Destiny was its name and Miles had shown that he had indeed outgrown the very man that challenged him. Nothing against Jack, he brought it. But at the end of the day, it was Miles with his hand raised and proof that he was more than his past.

So when the match for this week was announced he had to have himself a laugh.

If what they want is a repeat performance of Into the Void, who was he to say no? And who knows, maybe better news would follow this time around.

So since Destiny, he finally found his way back home, back to his own bed and back to the drawing board because he was still very much at the bottom of the proverbial ladder. Wolfslair gym was a sight for sore eyes and he knew that he’d be spending plenty of time here because Becca had herself buried neck deep in video game work.

I know it seems repetitive but when it comes to Milo, it’s the simpler things in life that make him happy. An occasional donut, working out and being in the ring. It  felt great knowing that it was all ticking the right direction.

"You've been around more lately." he heard a voice pipe in. Miles turned around and smiled when he saw Zoey Lukas.

"Yeah, figured I'd make myself useful. Just because I've been successful as of late doesn't mean I rest on my laurels." Miles said with a simple smile, as he grabbed one of the weighted bags that was used during practice, "It's either that or try and eat my weight in donuts today and we can't have that."

"No, we can't." every word dripping like she checking her prey.

"Zoe?" Miles says like he's trying to snap her out of whatever she's got on her mind.

She shakes her head, "Sorry, I just wanted to come over and say how great you looked at Destiny. And if you ever needed a workout partner then by all means I will gladly volunteer."

"I will keep that in mind." he says with a wink that causes her to swoon a bit which amuses Miles just a bit, "We'll see after my match with Hitamashii? A'ight"

"Perfect! It's a date... Er... I mean-" she stumbles. "Oh you know what I mean!"

Miles laughs, "Yeah, I do."

And before she can stumble over herself any more, she shyly waves and walks away leaving Miles standing there amused.

"You ever get that strange feeling you're onto something... But you're not actually sure what?"

Miles points and lets out a snicker.

"That would be one of them. I'm not sure how this happened but suddenly it seems like I'm a hot commodity and I'm not really sure how that happened."

Miles shrugs before continuing cleaning up after the class.

"Don't get me wrong, I know it comes as part of this whole business. Hitamashii, you as a former SCU champion understands that better than most but it seems like you have bitten off a bit more than you can chew when it comes to being in SCW."

He hops up on the ring apron and runs his hands through his blonde curls.

"I'm not saying that you could find yourself in an extremely lucky position and catch me on a bad night, but mate... Since Into the Void, I haven't really had a bad night. I have had bad news but if you let a negative moment in time negatively affect your performance then I found out that you will have a very bad time."

He sits back and almost seems lost in thought before taking a deep breath.

"What has happened lately has almost been an enlightening experience of my own experience. I came to Wolfslair to be more than just some high flying pretty boy. Though I'm sure there are some that would rather I remain stupid to the fact that I can be so much better than what I have been."

His blue green eyes seem to grow a little stormy.

"I should have been the Roulette Champ by now... Hell I could have been the Internet Champ if I hadn't held myself back all this time. But now, honestly? There is no one that can stop me but me. And now, I'm out to make examples out of people that try to get in my way."

The Pirate Wolf has now shown through. The confidence ever growing in the young one.

"Hitamashii... You're in my way. AGAIN! We've been here before, I recognize that tree and I'm about to mow the fucker down with your head. I'm not going to play this stupid little incepeted game with you and whomever is having a good ole laugh at my expense."

He scoffs at the thought with 'pfft' and you see a little evil streak come across his handsome face.

"It's time I start kicking in a few heads and finally start living up to that hype and stop letting everyone down that has helped me get there and the ones that have cheered me on since day one."

Miles drops down from the apron and just looks ahead.

"And I'm sorry, mate. I am ridiculously sorry for the way that I will go about this. I'm gonna take your head off and I'm going to do it in front of your friends with a smile on my face and zero regrets in my heart."

And with that he laughs.

"And can we stop with the lather, rinse and repeat? I'm ready for a new adventure!"

LEAVE THE DAMN TREE ALONE!