Author Topic: Seleana Zdunich v Tempest  (Read 2316 times)

Offline SCW Staff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Seleana Zdunich v Tempest
« on: May 03, 2022, 09:13:13 AM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, 7000 word limit.
Good luck!

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: Seleana Zdunich v Tempest
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 08:09:46 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, May 6, 2022
Gym
Two Blocks From Hotel
Athens, Greece
11:45 AM  Local Time

This was going to be an interesting fight.

There was nothing else to really say for it.  When you are considered a tall woman and the one you are facing is five inches taller, it is going to be an interesting fight. This was the situation facing Seleana Zdunich at Into The Void 11. With eleven-year-old Aurora being looked after by Seleana’s cousin, Freja, and Freja’s girlfriend, Lucy, in Los Angeles, Seleana was now set to think about facing the fearsome Tempest one on one.  Aurora had done her usual excited eleven-year-old peptalk on the video call earlier much to the delight of both Seleana and wife, Christina. Aurora had also given Christina her usual rah-rah talk about Christina’s own impending match-up with Bombshell Internet Champion Masque De Lune. Now, sitting in the local gym that had been located to work out in, Seleana sighs to herself about trying to decide how to properly train for a beast such a Tempest.

Seleana Zdunich: Vad ska man göra nu?

She scans the entirety of the place and finds no one of anywhere near comparable size and athletic ability. Frowning slightly, she looks back to the floor to try and sink into thoughts even as the familiar voice of her daughter-in-law, SCU competitor Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis, reaches her ears.

Halo: Hey, Mama Sel, what’s eatin’ ya?

Seleana looks back up and smiles at her daughter-in-law even as Halo frowns at the Swedish woman.

Seleana Zdunich: I am keen to properly prepare for my match but…

Halo nods quickly.

Halo: But findin’ a 6’2 two hundred pound woman to practice with ain’t exactly growin’ on trees, is it? 

Seleana shakes her head even as she almost laughs at the way Halo put it.

Seleana Zdunich: No, they are not commonly found. It’s what makes Tempest so unique as a fighter. She is tall, strong, fast and athletic.

Halo nods knowingly.

Halo: And that’s before ya factor in her mean streak…

Seleana nods and Halo ponders the predicament for a second before a smile starts to crawl across her face.

Halo: I might be able to help you out, Mama Sel.

Looking concerned as well as confused, Seleana cants her head to the left.

Seleana Zdunich: You are strong, but now that strong, ja?

Halo laughs.

Halo: I’m not talkin’ just about personally, Mama Sel, I’m sayin’ I might know a few who fit the description you’re looking for.

Seleana sits up straight, suddenly caught off-guard by the very idea that her daughter-in-law knows anybody who would fit this situation.

Seleana Zdunich: You… know…

She blinks with shock at the relaxation that Halo has said a phrase that meant a plurality existed.

Seleana Zdunich: Some?

Halo nods and quickly pulls her phone from her pocket.

Halo: Shieldmaidens have a few resources that way…

Still reeling from the plurals being used, Seleana can’t believe what she’s hearing.

Seleana Zdunich: Surely not… ?

Halo goes through a couple of photos and then smiles, quickly turning the phone as Seleana can see a blonde woman in a leather motorcycle kuttle on the screen.

Halo: This is Koloss…

Seleana looks at the photo and then nods quickly, recognizing the Swedish woman’s face from a talk she’s recently had with her cousin, Alexi Zdunich-Priest.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Levenia…

Stopping in her tracks, Seleana’s head tilts slightly as if realizing something she’s never put together before.

Seleana Zdunich: She is… ? 

Halo nods.

Halo: 6’4, 240…

Seleana’s eyes widen in surprise.

Seleana Zdunich: I did not know she was this size.

Halo grins as she returns the phone to face her so she can continue her search.

Halo: You’d think the nickname would kinda…

Seleana laughs at herself as she nods her agreement with this sentiment.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Koloss…  colossus.

Halo nods knowingly, smirking with amusement.

Halo: I think she was in New Orleans for a hot minute before the new charter in Jersey got rollin’. Woman that size fits right in, God knows.

She continues for another second before nodding as she finds the one she’s looking for and turns the camera to show another woman, this one with darker skin and darker hair in a similar kutte.

Halo: This is Dozer from Kill Devil Hills…

Seleana looks at the arms of the woman in the picture and just stares in momentary awkward silence.

Seleana Zdunich: Wow…

Halo nods.

Halo: Dozer’s a large Brazilian woman.

She pauses before almost laughing.

Halo: People make Amazon and She-Hulk jokes about her because of her size.

Seleana can only nod as Halo pulls her phone back again.

Halo: I can make a couple of calls and ask them to come here to help if y’all want?

Seleana looks her daughter-in-law in the eye, stunned by the offer.

Seleana Zdunich: I cannot ask… I…

Halo shakes her head before Seleana can even finish her thought.

Halo: Mama Sel, y’all knock that “I don’t deserve” bullshit off right now! You got a hard fight comin’ an’ we can help y’all out with that. Deserve ain’t got shit to do with it!

Visibly touched, Seleana looks at Halo and nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack, HayJo. 

Halo nods bak, shrugging slightly.

Halo: Ain’t that what family’s sposed to be for?

Seleana nods as the two women embrace.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja… tack, Hayjo.

Halo: You’re welcome, Mama Sel.

On-Camera

Friday, May 6, 2022
Zdunich Room
Luxury Hotel
Athenss, Greece
5:00 PM  Local Time

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on the edge of her hotel room’s bed, showing a look of confidence in her. 

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I am getting used to this now…

She snickers to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Ms. Jon twice in recent times and now Tempest for Into The Void 11 and expectations will be that I will be mauled by the great beast that is Tempest.

She pauses, nodding to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I can understand this, ja?

Her expression hardens.

Seleana Zdunich: Tempest is physically imposing. Tempest has a disposition to destroy. Tempest has been a champion and wreaked havoc during her reign.

She points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I know, I challenge her during that reign and did well to survive I was told. 

Her hand falls back to her side.

Seleana Zdunich: Tempest is a physical specimen that is built for domination. There is no denying this.  Everyone can see this and it is why she did well as a mixed tag team champion.

She nods, a single finger raises to make a point.

Seleana Zdunich: I am told it will take a herculean effort to defeat her, or even just to stand in against her and leave the ring after without looking like I got lost where wild animals feed.

She almost laughs to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Herculean…

Again, she almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: People say these things as if I do not enjoy spending time with wild animals. They say this as if I have not made my life spending time with wild animals! 

Standing up, Seleana nods to the camera welcomingly.

Seleana Zdunich: So I have been chosen to attempt this labor as I have others?

She nods firmly.

Seleana Zdunich: I cannot count how many but I am certain they number at least twelve by now.. Between what Christian set in front of me, to Alicia Lukas for the Championship, to defending it immediately, to climbing back up for a re-match, t do that again, to winning the Roulette Championship, to defending it multiple times, to facing Tempest before to facing Ms. Jon twice, to facing Tempest now…

Taking a deep breath, she nods to the camera again.

Seleana Zdunich: It is true, I did not complete them all and thus more were added but here I stand!

She stomps a foot.

Seleana Zdunich: Ready and keen for this latest labor no matter what anyone says! Tempest is a beast?

She leans back, her hands extending out to her sides as if to ask everyone to enter in with her simultaneously.

Seleana Zdunich: Then bring her to me! I play with beasts for a living and have enjoyed every second of it!

Her arms drop down to her sides.

Seleana Zdunich: When will it be clear that I am not worried about beasts?

Nodding, Seleana points to her chest.

Seleana Zdunich: Tempest will come for me.  She will come as she has every other time she has come for someone.  Of this there is doubt nor dispute. 

She taps herself in the chest again.

Seleana Zdunich: She is large. She is strong. She can rip me apart if she truly desires.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, but so can Sarabi and I still step into a cage with her every day I am in Los Angeles! I have done so since she was a helpless baby cub back in Christchurch and I was feeding her with a bottle! I can respect her abilities and still not worry about what could happen.

She waves off this idea.

Seleana Zdunich: The same holds true here with Tempest.

She points to the camera now.

Seleana Zdunich: You are put in front of me and I tell you the same thing I tell everyone else.  I will find a way to survive you, Tempest. Stomp in, bare your teeth, growl, do whatever else you must do to show your dominance.   

She moves the point from the camera to the floor.

Seleana Zdunich: Thi is the wild side. This is the jungle and I have been listening to people ask me if I know where I am for too long now!

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I know where I am and it is my turn to welcome you!

The camera zooms in to frame her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln! I will prove you are not the queen of the kill!

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
Mending of a Burned Bridge
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 09:44:39 PM »

The Athens Lodge hotel in (you guessed it!) Athens, Greece was truly something to behold and marvel at. If you were one of the lucky Superstars or Bombshells who managed to negotiate a stay here or had a manager or acquaintances who were in the habit of lending you a helping hand in booking, you are one of the lucky ones. This modern four star hotel stood right in the heart of Athens, surrounded by tourist attractions and traditional Greek eateries on all corners, each within walking distance if one wanted to forgo the use of a taxi with a driver who did not speak English. (And let’s be truthful; who wouldn’t want to skip out on the headache of using a translator to tell a stranger where you needed or wanted to go?) And for once…?

For once Tempest was refusing to fall into her old habits of shutting herself up in her room from the time she arrived until it was time to board the flight back to Las Vegas. Although the temptation was there, and who could blame her? The Athens Lodge was all about luxury and providing the very best of services to the men and women staying there, and thanks to the usual efforts of the Stevens, Tempest was one of those very people. Yet as much as she could have used the seclusion to her own advantage and relaxed away from the prying eyes of the Greek public, such was not her luck. She knew that soon she would have to learn the meaning of a ‘working holiday’ which was what these tours SCW took part in were known for being.

One part working to promote the upcoming Supercards and respective editions of Climax Control, another to rest and relax and partake in sights that otherwise many might not have ever had the chance to see in person. Tempest had always expressed an interest in travel, but it was not until she signed on the dotted line for Sin City Wrestling that she made those dreams a reality. Yet nine times out of ten, she did not take full advantage of the sights of the road. She did not leave her room but for the barest of essentials.

Not until a certain someone else had worked his way past the walls she had erected around herself and claimed a friendship she did not see coming. A friendship that she had not even wanted at the time, but one that she indeed cherished more than she would have cared to admit. And one that she had recently let go of due to a misunderstanding, one that left her angry and embarrassed. And one that her own mother had chastised her for letting go of. The volatile amazon was not known for forging friendships in or out of this business, and letting go so easily of the first true genuine friendship that she had forged in - years? Well, her mother had said it best…

“I would sooner have one true friend than an army of fair weather friendships to surround myself with.”

Wise words, from a wise woman.

But that was sort of where this short but poignant story would come into play. If you were going to be in Athens, there was one site and one alone that you had to see. And – it was better to see it with someone. A friend.

With a soft sigh of resignation, Tempest sat down heavily onto the edge of the bed in her suite and picked up her cell phone. She scrolled through her speed dialing until she saw the one that she wanted, and she hesitated. For all she knew, he had tired of her ghosting his attempts to communicate and either removed her from his call list or blocked her altogether. But no. There the number was and with a press of a thumb, she hit the speed dial and even though it was less than a fraction of a second, it still felt like an eternity before the phone started to ring.

And she closed her eyes in relief that the call went through and was not blocked. Two rings, that was all it took until it was answered, and she said simply and with only the barest traces of hesitation.

“It’s me.” She said. “Feel like going somewhere?”

Fifteen minutes away was the Acropolis. Thirteen minutes away was the Acropolis Museum. But there was somewhere only fifteen minutes still, somewhere much more important to the history of Athens and one of the only remaining Seven Wonders of the ancient world. The Parthenon; a former temple on the Athenian Acropolis dedicated to the Greek Goddess of both wisdom and warfare, Athena.

Athena had bested the God of the Oceans, Poseidon, in a battle of gifts to the people of Greece to be honored with this city in their name. While Poseidon gifted the people with a salty spring and horses, Athena gifted the olive. The people believed the gift of the goddess was the better and the rest was, quite literally, history. And this temple dedicated to that very goddess has withstood the tests of time while others of the Seven Wonders had fallen into dust and forgotten with the ages. The Parthenon attracted tourists by the thousands each year, and this year, Tempest was one such tourist. She had studied mythology in both high school and college, in all walks of life from Greek to Norse and even Native American. It was one of those little tidbits of information that she did not outwardly volunteer to those who knew her, but not one she bothered to hide. It was simply a part of who she was and if someone discovered it… so be it.

She stood away from the rest of the gathered groups, waiting with her arms crossed over her upper body, and feeling the eyes of the surrounding people on her. Her very imposing stature drew attention toward herself as a part of her every day life, but a part of her deep down wondered if it also had something to do with her being a part of the SCW roster that had people looking her way.

She wanted to brush past these people and move ahead and enter the Parthenon, the one place throughout this entire tour she would never have forgiven herself for passing up. But she waited, albeit with a great deal of difficult impatience. But she would not have to wait for long because as large as the crowds were that gathered to explore this Wonder, her size made it quite easy for her to be spotted by the one she waited on… as Austin James Mercer stepped up to her left side, a mere three inches taller than she herself stood. Both Tempest and Austin stood silent, staring ahead at the historic temple, their eyes wandering idly around at the people and taking in the ancient architecture. Until finally Austin broke the deafening silence between the two, “Thanks for the invite. I have been wanting to see this.”

Tempest sighed rather audibly and all but rolled her eyes. She shook her head and replied, “God, will you just give it a rest? You act like we have to go everywhere together. We’re not nuns and it's only been a couple of weeks.”

Austin cast a sidelong glance her way and pointed out, “It’s been a month.”

“Whatever.”

“So… are we good?” he asked, to which she gave her best ‘put on face’ and she exclaimed, “We would be if it wasn’t for this unfortunate ABC after-school special I seem to have found myself in.”

Austin smirked. She didn’t fool him, not one iota. He knew the air she was putting on but it was still his own mistake that had caused the tension between the two, even though the olive branch offered was her own, he still felt the need to speak the truth between them, “Well, I missed hanging out with you Alleyene.”

“Oh for the love of…!” Tempest shook her head and started to march toward the Parthenon. “I’m already regretting this…” But as Austin watched after her, he heard her say just loud enough to hear, “Missed you too.”

Bringing a smile to his face and he moved to follow…

The camera opened upon a closed studio setting, all but devoid of any emotion to enhance the atmosphere. No set decorations. No flare. Nothing to draw the eye or capture the attention save for one thing; nay, one person; Tempest. The 6’3” amazon Bombshell was seated in the one single chair, dead center of the studio floor with the camera focused solely on her and her alone. Tempest was dressed in a simple, teal green tank top and blue jeans with her favorite tanned, heel boots. Like her surroundings, nothing to set herself to standing out, which was all but the norm for this woman. While many others in her division worked overtime with makeup and two-piece costumes to draw the eye and heighten their own sex appeal, Tempest simply came as she was. Her size and the demeanor in which she carried herself was more than enough to draw attention her way.

But she seemed elsewhere, as if her mind was not on the present course of her upcoming match at Into the Void XI. Her long legs were bent at the knee and drawn closer toward the chair rather than stretched out for comfort to a woman her size. And she was not looking AT the camera, but off camera. Her elbow rested on the armrest of her modern-style chair and fingers curled against her jaw line. And it was like this that she remained, seemingly lot in thought, when the only other person present attempted communication.

The cameraman waited for as long as he dared before he cleared his throat, “Erm, Tempest? … The camera is on.”

Nothing. No sound, no visual response.

He tried again, “Tempest? I said that we’re…”

“I heard you.” She spoke with a touchy blend of both annoyance as well as defiance, turning her attention straight at the camera and the man behind it. One could almost feel the camera (or the man) flinch from her piercing stare. “I am not deaf!”

Tempest then shifted in her seat, turning just slightly enough at the waist that she might look more directly toward the camera itself, before turning her head to look away just enough with a slight crease upon her brow. One knitted in either confusion or annoyance.

“It is just that I find myself in somewhat unfamiliar territory. Ever since I can remember after signing to SCW, I’ve had one goal. To break every Barbie doll that I happened to come across. Every single little girl who entered this sport thinking their choice of clothes and application of makeup were just as important as whatever training they received to become a wrestler. The women who think if they wear skimpier clothes and show off more skin, that they stand a better shot at gaining the attention of fans and upper management. The women who ‘earn’ their opportunities through feminine wiles rather than actual talent and/or winning matches. When I look at Seleana Zdunich, I see all the physical characteristics of just such a woman…”

She shook her head,

“But she’s not. I see a woman who for all intents and purposes looks every part of being the prototypical soft Barbie doll type, but isn’t. Instead, she’s the type of woman who takes advantage of anyone who thinks she’s soft and proves she is anything but. Taking advantage of an opponent’s misconceptions about herself and using them to her every advantage. Let’s just coin a phrase or description right here and now and call Seleana the Anti-Barbie. She may look the part, but she’s all the evidence one needs to prove the old adage of ‘looks can be deceiving’. I look at Seleana and see a strength in her, something that I could actually look toward with some degree of admiration. And trust me when I say that if you think you’re all surprised to hear me say that about any opponent of mine…”

She scoffed and shook her head all the same.

“It doesn’t even begin to describe the level of surprise I’m feeling about myself. I heard a joke or two saying that it shows evidence that I’m growing - maturing - in this business if I can freely admit to showing respect towards someone that so many others have antagonized or made fun of, but all of those naysayers are just making the effort to prove my point all the more easy. Ever since I can remember, I was hearing the jokes and every put down you could think of in regards to my size or since I love sports, whether or not I was attracted to men at all. Then I look at some of these girls running around, acting like a bunch of catty bitches and throwing out insults toward my opponent like it was some kind of sport all unto itself. Poking fun at her win-loss record or trying to say how she’s living off of her wife’s scraps and reputation,when in my own personal opinion it’s more like the other way around. While Crystal’s success rate is the better of the two, she looks at her wife and sees everything - everything - that she wants to be and time after time, she gets denied. She isn’t as popular as Seleana is. She’s not as accepted as Seleana is. And why?”

Tempest glanced from left to right and shook her head as if to utter a silent but obvious ‘duh’.

“Maybe because Seleana doesn’t change her name and alignment as often as most people change their underwear. From the moment I set foot into SCW, I noticed this girl  was a matter of what you see is what you get. She doesn’t pretend to be something that she’s not. She doesn’t put on false faces in order to make someone either like or accept her. She's simply Seleana. She is herself, and above even all of her professional success stories, that is the thing I think I can admire about her most.”

“Inside of the ring…? It’s like I said, her record might not be perfect on paper, but then again, we don’t compete on paper now do we? We face one another in the ring, and time and time again I see people look past Seleana as if she weren’t even there and a number of times, she’s left them in the dust as a result. Those same people thinking her a flash in the pan or a loser, left wondering what the hell just happened as they walk the walk of shame backstage after she just put their shoulders down on the mat. Win or lose, her skills shine through. And to all the two-faced divas who throw out baseless accusations that her wife gets her these handouts like when Crystal was the Queen For the Day and set things up for her wife to get a title shot? Bitch… tell me! Any. One. Of. You! TELL ME that you wouldn’t have done the same thing! Tell me you wouldn’t have accepted that title opportunity in the same breath that you’re putting her down for doing the same! Tell me, that you would look your benefactor in the eyes and turn down a championship match given to you as easily and risk …”

**air quotes**

“Earning it all on your own. Oh we’ve all said it, but you know damn well that you would take that gift and run with it - just like Seleana did. The only difference is, she did it freely. You put on false airs of being offended and acting all butt hurt when you would have done the EXACT same thing. Which makes each and every one of you who talked down to her for taking her chances when given them – a hypocrite!”

“But Seleana, all respect aside for one brief moment – I have to ask. Why are you with that woman? You’ve sat back and watched each and every atrocity that she’s committed all in the name of cementing a legacy for herself in this business. Hell! You were one of those casualties as I recall! And yet, each and every time you turn the other cheek and make excuses for her behavior. ‘That’s just how she is’ or ‘She’s competitive’ or ‘I know she loves me’... and so on, and so forth.The name changes and goes from face to heel and back again time after time! It’s gotten to the point where the fans and the staff and everyone else around her do. Not. trust. Her!”

She slapped a hand into her palm for emphasis in each word. She then spread her arms open wide and shook her head.

“So - why do you? What hold does she have on you that you look the other way and forgive and forget so easily? I have been in the business of bounty hunting for a number of years. I have seen a number of crimes and a number of victims. Have you ever heard of something called Stockholm syndrome?”

She nodded with a serious look etched on her face.

“Look it up, girl. Then maybe you’ll understand why I ask. But that’s enough about that. All of this? Everything that I’ve talked to you about? It had a path. It brought us to the heart of this matter between us. The fans, the rest of SCW? They look at this and maybe see it as just another match. Card filler. A way for one or both of us to push ourselves just a little bit further up that imaginary ladder. But in reality, it could mean quite a bit more, hm? Your wife and I? We had something of a past in the ring, remember? She wanted to use me as a stepping stone to get another championship around her waist. She even resorted to using a man like J2H’s fame and notoriety as a means to an end to get what she wanted; a Grand Slam championship.”

She shrugged.

“She failed. In the process, I threw her daughter like a lawn dart into the barricade. And I even ended that egomaniacal self-celebration that she threw by dive bombing her into her own cake. Ring a bell there, Sel? So I have to wonder if those memories, that past, is going to add a little extra flare to this little encounter of ours. Is it going to make you want to fight even harder, maybe to see your wife avenged? Or are you going to acknowledge that maybe she and that little Brittany deserved what she got?”

She cast a look upwards wistfully.

“I’m not altogether sure which I hope for, but I can tell you that whichever makes you bring the fight to me even more? That’s the reasoning I want. That is the Seleana Zdunich that I want to face in that ring in Athens. Then, and only then, will I be truly satisfied with a real fight against the first woman I can acknowledge respect toward! So, Seleana… not to rub your nose in a bad habit of yours or anything but…”

She sat back and relaxed in her chair and slipped from English to her native Hawaiian…

“ʻO ka mahalo aʻu i kamaʻilio nei no ʻoe? Hele lōʻihi wale nō, no ka lōʻihi. Hoʻopau ke kani ʻana o kēlā bele, a me ka laki?” (“The respect that I have been talking about having for you? It only goes so far, for so long. It ends once that bell rings, and with any luck?”)

She sliced a hand horizontally across the air.

“E hoʻomaka hou ia, ke pau ka pāʻani a nānā ʻoe iā lākou e hāpai i koʻu lima. ʻO ka mahalo e lawe wale iā ʻoe i kēia manawa. ʻAʻole au e eo i kēia pāʻani!” (“It will resume, once the match is over and you watch them raise my hand. Respect will only carry you so far. I am not losing this match!”)

That said, she stood up and simply walked away. Nothing else needing to be said between these two women.

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Re: Seleana Zdunich v Tempest
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 11:08:35 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, May 13, 2022
Zdunich Room
Luxury Hotel
Athenss, Greece
10:00 AM  Local Time

Big event weekends always seem to creep up just when you least expect them to. Even when you know well in advance they are coming, they always seem way off in the future until suddenly, it’s time and you wonder how you got here already. 

Into The Void 11 was no different.

Even with Halo not booked for the SCU portion of the show, she had made the trip out to at least visit with the family before she was given instruction for where to be herself for the weekend.  Given that her two mothers-in-law, Crystal and Seleana Zdunich were both set to fight on the show, Crystal against Masque for the Internet Championship and Seleana versus Tempest, Halo, along with her wife, Brittany Williams, Brayden Hilton and his wife, Sofia Rojas-Hilton and Sofia’s sister, Ravenna Rojas, had all made the trip to visit with Seleana and Crystal. Sofia and Brayden had even brought their baby daughter with them.

Still, the time had crept up and now all there was to do was kill time before the show itself. To this end, Seleana, Halo, Sofia and Ravenna sit in the room used by the Zdunich Women, talking while Sofia attempts to get the baby to sleep. As they do this, Halo shakes her head.

Halo: So how’s she takin’ to travelin’ like this?

Sofia shrugs, holding her daughter closely, cradling the baby so that she might fall asleep in her mother’s arms. 

Sofia: Es…

Exhaling, the Colombian woman considers her words carefully.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: Moving to Los Angeles has… helped. You are close. Brittany is close. Seleana, Crystal, Alexandra are close. Freja and Lucy are usually around. There are so many willing to help! Even Chiaki!

Halo smirks, almost laughing.

Halo: Chi Chi is too damn cute when y’all bring the kid over!

Seleana simply shakes her head, laughing at the very idea of a baby in the presence of Chiaki Sanada.   

Seleana Zdunich: That is funny, ja?

Halo shrugs.

Halo: I mean, it’s Cheech, so…

Ravenna frowns in confusion.

Ravenna Rojas: I do not understand…

Halo and Seleana both nod knowingly to each other.

Halo: Ya just kinda have to know Cheech is all.

Seleana Zdunich: She is one of a kind, ja?

Sofia nods, smiling.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: Es la verdad.

Ravenna cocks her head to the side.

Ravenna Rojas: I…

Sofia smiles at her sister.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: Está bien, Cuervo. Ella es agradable.

Seleana nods in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Es la verdad.

Halo shrugs, chuckling.

Halo: Cheech definitely has her moments where she is a sight to behold!

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: It is what makes how she is in the ring so different, ja? She is fun and adorable outside but in the ring, she is keen on evisceration inside.

Halo nods as she raises her bottle of water.

Halo: That is one way to put it, Mama Sel!

Ravenna nods slowly.

Ravenna: Where is Brittany?

Halo shrugs.

Halo: Probably off with her mom, talkin’ with her about shit they might wanna do some place. They’re always talkin’ about that.

Seleana nods again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, is true.  Christina and I have such discussions as well, especially lately.

Halo: Yeah, me and B-Brat do too though she don’t like to do it within earshot of Jane and Chi Chi at home.  I think she’s still a little wary of them, especially Cheech.

Seleana and Sofia allow themselves a small snicker while Ravenna frowns.   

Ravenna Rojas: Why… is… she?

Her sister nod knowingly.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: ¿Sabes cómo eres con las gemelas La Llorona?

Ravenna’s eyes go wide and Sofia nods affirmatively.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: Es así.

Sofia stands up and places the baby in her little bouncer to allow her to nap happily.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: It is amazing… she sleep through anything!

Seleana Zdunich: ¡Es preciosa!

Sofia nods as she retakes her seat.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: I cannot believe she will be a year old soon!

Halo shakes her head in disbelief.

Halo: That is just fuckin’ crazy!

Seleana Zdunich: Where the time go, ja?

As Ravenna shakes her head as well, a fifth woman appears by the door, Rose Corp Intern Emily. As she enters she starts to say something only to start staring at Ravenna. Ravenna looks back at her and smiles.

Ravenna Rojas: ¿Ella está tragada?

Sofia looks over and smiles.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: Es posible.

Seleana nods to Emily. 

Seleana Zdunich: Hej, Emily. Has your trip for Into The Void gone well?

Emily barely nods. Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: You are keen to borrow Ravenna, ja?

Again, Emily barely manages a nod and Seleana nods to Ravenna.

Seleana Zdunich: You are keen as well, ja?

Ravenna nods and Seleana beams at them.

Seleana Zdunich: Go, it is good. We will be fine. Have fun, ja?

Ravenna stands up and joins Emily in taking her leave.

Halo: Girl’s got it bad, don’t she?

Sofia nods.

Sofia Rojas-Hilton: Es la verdad.

Seleana smirks.

Selena Zdunich: Perhaps they make another match for this weekend then, ja? 

Halo and Sofia both laugh right along with Seleana as they continue talking about the family and how they will all fare in Athens this weekend.

On-Camera

Friday, May 13, 2022
Zdunich Room
Luxury Hotel
Athenss, Greece
5:01 PM  Local Time

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich leaning against the door of the room she shares with her wife and nods to the floor.

Seleana Zdunich: I am… surprised….

Looking up to the camera, she shrugs almost apologetically.

Seleana Zdunich: I have been in the ring with Tempest before and I do not remember her speaking so highly of me before.

She shrugs again, visibly trying to stifle a laugh despite herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not remember her speaking in such a way of anybody, ja?

Nodding slightly, Seleana

Seleana Zdunich: I… can only think of one thing to say…

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack!

Pausing, she nods to the camera in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: That means, thank you, by the way.

She nods pointedly to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I remember what you did to my wife and stepdaughter.

She waves her hands around.

Seleana Zdunich: I remember what a lot of people have done to them.  I remember what a lot of people have done to me and I remember that ja, my wife did try to use you as a stepping stone the same way many have tried to use me.  That was an error on her part that I do not intend to repeat. 

She nods, pointing to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You are no stepping stone. You are Tempest, championship competitor, force of nature.  I would wager that many a time you have even been called a freak of nature and I would bet money that I do not have that you made them pay for that the way nature does that when something that nature brought into this world like you is insulted.

Seleana shakes her head, the glare starting to form in her eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: It is not nice to insult mother nature or her children. She is not keen to hear that something she produced is a freak, ja?

She nods, her eyes going yet more steely.

Seleana Zdunich: I have spent much of my adult life caring for the produce of mother nature. I never underestimate what they can do.  You cannot show that kind of disrespect and interact with them.  That is a recipe for disaster. If you walk into an animal’s enclosure and fail to respect what the creature can do, you find out why they call them beasts before anyone can even think to assist you in your error.

Again, she nods, almost as if absently to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: My wife has made many an error. 

She turns, looking away.

Seleana Zdunich: Many in public and ja…

She nods, looking down to the floor.

Seleana Zdunich: Many with me.

Seleana sighs regretfully to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I am not perfect, nor will I ever claim to be. I try as I can and my wife and I have had many difficulties but…

She looks up, glaring into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: None of that is for public consumption.  I did not say I married my wife only for good things.  I did not say I marry my wife only in good times.  Bad things will happen but that is when she need the most. 

She pauses and nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I know, Christina is a “high maintenance diva.” She has many flaws that are pointed out quite often but she is also an adult and has lived with consequences for her actions. We have almost broken up more than once but no one ever likes to talk about that. Brittany is also an adult and I am sure will make many more mistakes in her lifetime but I will love her anyway as my daughter! Now…

Her glare intensifies.

Seleana Zdunich: What does that have to do with us fighting on Sunday?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Nothing.

He points into the camera again.

Seleana Zdunich: I know what you can do, Tempest, and I would be a great fool to walk into that ring and try to act like you cannot do anything to me. I have raised lions, tigers, and many other beasts and I know better than to look one in the eye and think because it was nice to me once that it is not still such a beast. You showed me respect few have and I thank you for that but it will not make me forget that you are still Tempest. You are still a force of nature that must not be treated as if you are a friendly wading pool when you are a hurricane.

Shaking her head, Seleana allows her hand to fall down out of the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: Mother nature does not accept such things and neither will I.  When I step into the ring with you I am fully aware that I must dig into places no one else wants to admit I have to face the storm and live to see the dawn after! .

She nods in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: You are right, Tempest.  This is not a “filler match.” 

She nods as she points to the floor as if there is a line drawn before her.

Seleana Zdunich: This is an opportunity, once neither of us can afford to let slip by like a piece of wood caught in the current.

She nods pointedly again.

Seleana Zdunich: This is an opportunity for both of us to make the world take notice and I will do everything in my power to make sure that this opportunity is taken advantage of!

She steps back, her arms risen to the sky.

Seleana Zdunich: We will look everyone else who has ever passed us over and shout to the world, “Welcome to the jungle!  We are home and you better know where you are!”

She nods to the camera again, her arms dropping back down to her sides.

Seleana Zdunich: Welcome, tempest, you are home.  Now we show the world what the law of the jungle really look like, ja?